Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜I’m Home, thanks for cheering me on you darling ladies. Mai I’ve emailed youπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Trisha69

asked them on day 3 when to start and they said NOW!  My skin on the breast, underarm where they took some lymph nodes and my back, the skin is quite red and blotchy and occasionaly itchy.  Was advised to use a non drowsy anti hystemine and the E45 twice a day xx

misyangel

trish ouch that must be painful.  they have told me I can't use anything until I have finished treatment which seems strange as other people have been told to use E45.  I am going to put stuff on but wash it off before i go for each treatment.

Trisha69

My first one took longer because they have to get the measurements spot on, after that was lee than 10 mins.

Please use E45 cream or whatever else they suggest (Mine was on breast)  Am sitting here with a cabbage leaf in my bra as haveloped Mastits and OUCH it hurts!  On anti b's.x

misyangel

Jay it was only a part body scan, not sure when I will be having the infusion.

for the ladies that have had rad, I don't have much confidence today in the people that are doing it. How long does it normally take and how many times do you have to hold your breath.? I had first one today and was in there for 35 mins didn't explain what was happening and I just didn't feel like they knew what they were doing. When I was finished I was part way getting back dressed and they fetched the next patient In the room which I thought was a bit premature.  I thought rads only took 5 mins 

buddyfan so sorry to hear your news but so pleased the October thread are making you laugh, you keep laughing as well it's good for you ☺️

tatyana

Rosie, yes I am TN and like you I had only a partial response to the fec t. So thanks for the tip about the Facebook group, I don't use Facebook much but maybe that's about to change! Good luck when you see the onc, maybe we'll be sharing the joys of cape! Not that I'd wish it on anyone, but if they can give us something then that's better than nothing!
I hope that makes sense. I think I've got delayed chemo brain!
tatyana

Buddyfan, so sorry to have you in this particular club, if you know what I mean! I'm struggling to find a thread with the info I want, there's sometimes just too much information of a kind I don't really want! They're putting me on capecitabine, have you by any chance got the same plan? Best of luck and big hugs, let's keep in touch here and in October thread, I know what you mean about making you laugh, it's great!
Andi71

Hi Rosie,

I had the blood thinning injections whilst in hospital but I don’t have any more ongoing.  So do you need them?    

I still have 3 weekly Herceptin jabs, still 14 to go! I’ve a meeting with Oncology on 31st Jan.  It must be when they put me on Tamoxifen and discuss pathology report.

its funny to hear that you want to keep the tape on πŸ˜‚ I can’t wait to get mine off πŸ˜ƒ 5 more weeks of this to go.

treehouse

Buddyfan I have no words. Well actually I do but they would all be beeped out.
Have you got a plan? Hope you are keeping positive. How can we help?
X so much love to you
buddyfan

Tatyana, I'm with you on this new journey. They diagnosed bone mets, day after Christmas so now on management regime, not cure. I know how you're feeling. I went to the bone mets thread but ran back to my October thread because they make me laugh. πŸ€—πŸ€—β€β€πŸ€—πŸ€—
Daffodil54

Tatyana,

I am so sorry that your news is not great. In my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get the support you need and that the meds keep things stable.

Shi,

Well done, onwards and upwards now.

Have a good day everyone.

tatyana

Trish, Jay, Mai,mishy, Rosie, treehouse, Andi, misyangel, shi, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone! Thank you all so much for your lovely wishes and encouragement. I don't know where I'd be without you. I think you'll still be seeing me on here for a while!
Hope you all have a good week, and special good luck to Shi for your last chemo-- well done girl, you made it!πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‡β€οΈβ€οΈ
Jay68
Community Champion

Good luck today for your final chemo Shi - hope all goes smoothly xx
Trisha69

Thinking of you Tatanya x
Jay68
Community Champion

Tatyana - as others have said, I'm so sorry to hear of your results.

At least the good news, liver and lungs are fine - so that's a positive.

Hopefully the nodes will respond to the chemo tablets and shrink away.

My thoughts are with you and hubby a tough time for you both.

I hope you find comfort in another section of the forum with ladies going through similar treatments.

xx
Jay68
Community Champion

Treehouse - you may feel like you've been doing nothing - but compared to lying around in a hospital bed, you've been doing heaps - you're doing so so well. x
Jay68
Community Champion

Misy - sorry to hear the injection was OUCH!  

Was it a whole body bone scan you had?  I had one prior to treatment and was able to go shopping for a bit inbetween infusion and actual scan - very weird!

Good luck with the rads and what a day to finish Valentine's Day - big celebration!

That's brilliant news about your Father in Law.  Makes you wonder doesn't it?!

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks mai and treehouse 😘😘I’ve got an afternoon slot this time rather than a morning slot, they had to change the time because it’s fec again for this last one rather than the t, I know it will sound nuts but i am 😁😁😁that it’s fec again, the t really was like being pummelled by mr t with his big knuckle dusters for sure. Mai time for the all aboard clip again as we have one Oct finished earlier in the week, me today hopefully as long as I get good one to get a vein, then 3 girls tomorrow and then a few next week too, thank you May ladies for looking after us you are πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺand amazing and an inspiration to us πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
treehouse

Sending sparkles ✨ to our lovely Shi today.
Thinking of all of you managing to return to work in some form.
Be kind to yourselfs x x
Mai7
Community Champion

Shi, best wishes with your last chemo tomorrow.  You ring that bell loud and proud. πŸ”” πŸ’—βœ¨βœ¨

Mai7
Community Champion

Tatyana, so sorry to hear your news but thank goodness you've caught it early enough for them to give you some more treatments.  I sincerely hope the treatments put it in remission. Sending hugs. Xxx

Treehouse, your meltdown is understandable after all you've been through. Glad you've been able to start pottering about.

ive been at work again today and afterwards I ran to catch the bus and discovered my rucksack somehow unzipped itself and my reading glasses had fallen out. They've probably been well trodden on by now so will have to get myself to the opticians soon.  In the meantime I'll have to wear my cheap back up glasses from Aldi! πŸ˜‚

Rosie65

Andi, sounds like all is going well and at least you’re down to just the tape so all must be healing well. It’s tough though isn’t it. It does take a lot out of you. Have you got the blood thinning injections?

I am gradually weaning myself off the tape as it’s just laziness really because you have to massage the scars once it’s off and so it was easier to keep it on . I think the scars are about as flat as they’re  going to get now though. Good luck coming off the tramadol, hope you get a good night’s sleep.

Hi Trish, good to hear from you, enjoy the panto

Misyangel, hope all goes well with first rads tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Shi - all the best for final chemo, ring that bell loud and clear.

misyangel

Tatyana I am so sorry to hear your news I cannot imagine what you and your husband are going through πŸ˜”. If you haven't already appplied for pip please make sure you apply for this especially with you going through more treatment, it's not means tested either. 

Treehouse i I am having the zoladex as I didn't want to go on tamoxifen and with me not going through the menopause the zoladex will stop my overies from working which will enable me to take anstrezole. So as I opted for my overies to come out they have put me on this until that happens and I started the ansterzole the day after first injection which I will be on for 10 years and the side effect with this is osteoporosis which is why I had to have bone scan and will be having bone infusion every 6 months to stop this.  The anstrezole seemed better with side effect etc than tamoxifen and it had a 1 percent Better chance of reoccurrence which my oncologist said doesn't sound a lot one percent but he said it was a lot. Hope that makes sense.  The doctors don't know my father In law is on cannabis oil as he hasn't told them, but since he has been on it he has come off his blood pressure tablets as it has put his blood pressure from high to normal. 

Shi best of luck with final chemo tomorrow 🌈❀️ Xx

Andi71

Jay - thanks lovey. The nurse at least applied the tape so that my tummy wasn’t stretched and constantly pulling - unlike whoever did it on the surgery table! I should hopefully sleep a little bit better having it on a bit more comfy. Weening myself off the Tramadol, so could be an interesting night! I can’t take Ibuprofen or codeine as I react badly on them, so just good old paracetamol and half Tramadol dose all day.
Hope you’ve had a good day and feeling ok πŸ™‚ xx
Andi71

Shi - good look with your final chemo tomorrow!! Then you can cross that off your β€˜been there done that lark’ list πŸ‘ Just this one more to go πŸ’œβœ¨βœ¨βœ¨
MJK

Tatyana, huge hugs to you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer isn't curable. It's good that they can still treat it and found it before it went further. I'm sure there's a lot of help and support on here that can guide you through the unknown. Meanwhile we're here rooting for you. Love Mary. X
Andi71

Trisha - whatever you did today that worked ... do tomorrow! It’s obviously worked for you! Enjoy the panto and have a lovely day xx
Andi71

Misyangel - Ouch! Nasty nurse! Yes let’s hope that’s it now with Zoladex jab. Good news on the scan though! You mustn’t worry about first first rads tomorrow, you can get through it as you’ve already proved with everything else! Easy for me to say as I don’t need them but you have Jay and many more to advise you with top tips etc! πŸ’• I hear a lot of good things about cannabis oil. It could be the magic ingredient you never know!! So glad to hear he’s doing well πŸ™‚ xx
Andi71

Tatyana - That’s not the news we wanted to hear lovey. I know you and hubby must be devastated. This cancer thing is one steps forward 2 steps back. I just wish after all these years they’d have had a bloody cure by now!! I’m sending you both all my love. Can totally understand you seeking advice from ladies taking these drugs but you MUST stay in touch with us and let us know how you are doing.
I get my results on the 31st and like everyone on here I’m scared to know what they are. Big hugs πŸ’• xx
Mishy18

Tatanya my lovely lady so so sorry to hear your news you have been there for everyone but yiu now need help from others which is totally understandable just know this you are in my thoughts gentle hugs and love coming your way πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Rosie65

Tatyana, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had this news.

Am I right in thinking that your bc is triple negative? If so there is a triple negative warriors closed Facebook group where you would gets loads of support from women in a similar situation. Capecitabine tablets are something I might be offered when I see onc next week as I had a poor response to chemo. It does seem that it is better tolerated than IV chemo and has had some good results.

Love and hugs to you and hubby xx

treehouse

Oh Tatyana that is not the news anyone wanted to hear. I’m so sorry. I am pleased they have a plan and it has less side effects.
We will always be here for you but I completely understand your need for support from others who understand.
This is a lot to take in.
I hate this evil disease 😟
Sending love and hugs to you and your family x x x
tatyana

Thanks everyone for asking about my scan results, it's not great news. Liver and lungs are fine, so that's good. But the mediastinal (?)nodes have not gone away, in fact they've actually grown, still "not very big" but bigger.
So the thing is, these nodes are inoperable, which means we're no longer looking at a potential cure, only at controlling the cancer. Next step is a different chemo (oh joy!), capecitabine, which is tablets instead of IV but similar cycles, take the tablets for two weeks then a week off, and again, etc. Supposed to be less severe SEs. After about four cycles they'll repeat the scan to see if it's working.
Hubby and I are a bit devastated as we were beginning to think we might soon get back to normal life, but it's back to hospital appointmens, SEs etc. I guess this is the new normal. I'd been looking forward to my life not being ruled by cancer, but no such luck.
Still, it probably won't make my hair fall out!
I'll probably be sloping off to another section of the forum to see if I can find people in a similar situation, but I'll still pop back here to see how you lovely ladies are doing!
treehouse

Zoladex sounds nasty. I don’t know anything about it. Is that a menopause thing or a ER+ thing? Sorry I feel really dim.
The news about your father in law is really positive. Do the drs know what combination he is on? They can’t ignore results like that!
Feeling tired this evening after my busy day doing nothing.
tatyana

Misyangel, that is brilliant news about your father-in-law. Sorry the zoladex was so horrid, I was hoping you'd have a magic nurse and it would be better this time!
misyangel

Andi I managed to get zoladex injection and the nurse who did it was so lovely, she said she hates doing this injection because it's so big but by god did it hurt hoping I don't have to have many more 😫

treehouse bone scan was great and again the person that did that was fantastic her sister had breast cancer and we were chatting for about 45 mins before she did the scan, she was so so kind.  I think when you meet people who have had relatives who have been through this they have a deep understanding of what we go through ☺️

First day of 20 rads starting tomorrow can't say I am looking forward to going the hospital every day counting down to last one which is Valentine's Day ❀️ Then another one ticked off βœ…. Just overies to have out βœ…Herceptin till august βœ… bone Infusion every 6 months for 3 years boy oh boy is it a long process.  

Dont know if some of you remember my father in law was diagnosed terminal day before me. They said he had 12 months or 2-3 years with chemo, he lasted two weeks on chemo and was admitted twice to hospital so stopped having it, whilst I was having chemotherapy I met a chap who was taking the cannabis oil so he said he could get me some for father in law which he has been having since sept last year he started immunotherapy in October and had scan in January he has been for results and all his tumours have shrunk not sure which is working it could be both but the immunotherapy won't work on the brain, he had radio to zap tumour in brain but they said they can't  stop it coming back and nothing showing on scan, he had tumour on calf, groin, lung and one close to his bowel so we are all thrilled hoping it all Keeps on working ☺️

Trisha69

Thanks Andi and the rest of you lovely ladies. Slept so much today and am meant be going Panto tomorrow eve. Hoping will have thw energy xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tatyana hope you get on well at onc appointment 😘😘😘treehouse of brain starts to go into process mode, try and compartmentalise it in stages remembering you have come out the πŸ’ͺsurvivor of every twist and turn you amazing lady 😘😘 Trisha haven’t they given you that medi honey to help you with those rads se’s I keep reading about? Andi you are going great guns lovely well done 😘😘😘heather well done 😘😘mai as always much love 😘😘😘onc has put me back into fec for my last chemo tomorrow after that reaction to the 2nd t I had. I just want to say a big big thank you again to mai and all of you for all the love, support, kindness and guidance to me and all the Oct thread during our chemo πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Raitchr

Hi all. Day 2 of 3 at work this week is done. Will catch up up later.

Hx

Jay68
Community Champion

Well done Andi for today's dressing changes and hooray to being able to have a shower - go careful on the climb into the bath and even more so when exiting - if I were you, I'd make sure someone was within earshot x
Jay68
Community Champion

Treehouse, Glad to hear that the dizziness is improved today and am pleased you've re-discovered the garden through the conservatory windows - if anything like here today - the sun is beautiful but the wind is bitter and extremely blowy!
Jay68
Community Champion

Hope the onc appointment has gone well for you Tatyana. Ouch to the lost fingernail! x
Jay68
Community Champion

Hey Trisha lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear you've been feeling so awful.  Hopefully you will get some relief once the antibiotics start their magic.

In the meantime, here's a virtual gentle hug to help you feel better and not alone xx

Andi71

Misyangel - Did you manage to get your Zoladex injection today? 🀞🏼 xx

Andi71

Mai - The LGFB course is so good :-). I was chuffed with my goodie bag too.  How lovely that they gave you a birthday cake - so so thoughtful!!!! 

Andi71

Trish - Thankfully like you say the antibiotics will deal with your infection, still not very nice having to deal with this on top of everything else 😘 Rest up where you can and try and move about when possible to not get yourself in a viscous circle of always feeling knackered.  Easier said than done I’m sure.  Sending you big hugs πŸ’• xx

Andi71

Tatyana -  Hoping your appointment with oncologist has gone well 😘.  Not so good losing a nail bless you ☹️ xx

Andi71

Hello ladies,  this morning we trekked over to Bristol for a plastics appointment to check on scaring on boob and tummy.  Discovered I can’t walk very far without feeling light headed, so I had a chariot and James pushed me about πŸ˜‚

I had the majority of β€˜tape’ removed from my breast, leaving a small circle of it around my β€˜invisible none nipple’ ... hopefully that makes sense :-). Then they removed all the tape covering my abdomen.  Gosh that wasn’t nice because underneath that was glue!! So the nurse pulled the tape and away came some glue and boy did it pull ☹️ I had to tell her to stop a number of times.  Below the glue are internal stitches.  New tape now re-applied which I must replace myself every 4/5 days for the next 5 weeks.  

All dressings removed form where drains were, they look ok and need to air dry.

im ok to shower now!! Thank heavens!!! Don’t have a walk in shower, so got to climb into bath first.... πŸ€” hmm

Hope everyone else is having a good day

xx

Andi71

Treehouse - So so lovely to see you getting excited about pottering about and enjoying the views of the garden πŸ˜ƒ Simple pleasures are the best!  We’ve all been out of action for such a long time that anything new that we can do and enjoy is momentous!! Keep enjoying your day and sending lots of love πŸ’• 

treehouse

Oh my god!
Pottering around the house!!!
I have not been here or able to do this for 2 months, I refuse to waste feeling well by being emotional. I think that is why it comes out as soon as I feel ill ( like last night)
Definitely less dizzy today. And enjoying the garden from the conservatory. Definitely thinking of some sort of bird table.