62322members
328058posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Herceptin no 17 done. Just having the Zolendronic now. Been Oncology clinic and am to keep off the Anastrazole til had a CT scan get to bottom of my pains. Said be within 2 weeks. Being rushed thru to see Lymphodema clinic. Not happy with Breast swelling.
But it's a sunny day and have a nice cuppa x
Community Champion

I agree Shi - listening to a child's laughter is a real tonic - that's the best bit about my job working in school - that and watching their innocent play especially this time of year on the school field - just lovely x
Community Champion

Ahh ladies talking of babies - I've met my great niece today for the first time and she's sooo gorgeous!  Just 3 months old and a bundle of sheer joy!  My nephew and his wife organised a family meal (20 of us) at a local Harvester to welcome her to the family and we all had a really fab time - and the weather, WOW what a bonus! 

This time last year was the same Nephew's wedding day - just before I started treatment! - can't believe where that year has gone in one way!! 

Two more weddings this year - Niece in September and another Nephew in October - so exciting! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, that’s lovely 😘😘😘so nice for you to have baby time 😘😘😘I heard a child laughing it’s head off in town yesterday and isn’t it a beautiful sound, children’s laughter 😁😁😁hope everyone’s having a beautiful bank holiday β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Ah Shi shes just gorgeous has the mist beautiful blue eyes she does still have that smell too!! Shes coming for a sleep over tonight her mammy's freind is moving in their new house so having the girls round for a bit of a sleep over! So I'm on baby sitting duties i don't mind though i love having her shes my little baba love her πŸ’– yes i will take your advice Shi haha!
Ladies isn't it a beautiful day today i love this weather good for our minds isn't it everything always feels better when its sunny i think I'll be in garden later when Ella goes down have a fab Bank Holiday ladies πŸ’–
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘what a faff you’ve had. Lay it on thick at your appointment I did when I phoned my bc nurse when I had a 😳😳and they ultra sounded me πŸ‘πŸ‘it’ll give you piece of mind. How’s that beautiful grandchild of yours doing 😁😁😁still got that baby smell? πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Good you got it sorted, Mishy. Fingers crossed you get an answer to the orange peel conundrum! X

Hi Annie the nudging went ok the screening dept were at fault not secretary as i expected she was a star git it all sorted out within a 5 min call to them however i did find out there is a five week back log due to high demand probably due to the fall out from the screening scandal!! I would be more inclined to get annoyed about delay but i have a clinic appointment with my bc surgeon on 16th for the swelling and orange peel area so im sure if shes concerned i will have a ultrasound Im pleased you are accessing support from maggies in group i have just finished mt where now there but we are keeping in touch xx
Community Champion

Mishy, how did the nudging go? At the secondary BC support group meeting at Maggies we were told there was a five week waiting list!! The numbers of people being diagnosed is increasing exponentially and so waiting lists are up hugely. Also, if you are waiting for a CT scan one of the scanners is being refurbished so a wait there,too! 😑

Annie so lovely to hear from you your mammo experience sounds surreal i think thats partly what im dreading the first one and all that, I am so pleased to hear of your results that is fantastic news you definitely have to paint the town red watch out Newcastle here comes Annie πŸ’–
the staff in our trust i have to say are fantastic and as you point out Mai they are so massively overstretched in all however delays can make things more worrying and tense for ladies in our position i am going to ring tgem today with a gentle nudge so to speak 😊
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Mishy, yes the screening system sounds a bit messy. No doubt services are overstretched due to lack of government funding and msnagement over-streamlining and the poor nhs staff have to do the best they can. It's not like a parcel delivery service where streamlining might result in late deliveries, no this one results in death and it sucks so I'm glad it hit the headlines. Hope you had a lovely weekend . Xx
Community Champion

Lovely to hear from you Anniej and I am so pleased about your positive news. You keep whacking that nasty cancer and paint the town red, then green, then purple, then orange........ xxxx
Community Champion

Poor you, Mishy. I agree. There's enough to worry about without checking on medical procedures. Had my first mammo two weeks ago at RVI. Experience not great as it was same room and same radiologist! Unbelievable ! Bit of a melt down, but she was wonderful . Apparently it is quite normal to feel emotional the first time. Also that same week had my first CT scan after three cycles of Palbociclib. Two weeks of hell waiting for results at clinic. I was convinced it had spread further as I have a few aches and pains now, plus a little dry cough I can't seem to get rid of. Great news though. My lung mets have shrunk, and there is no sign of further spread. Painted Newcastle red that night!! πŸ·πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ™ƒ. Hope you get appointment sorted. X

RANT alert 😨 To add I will be highlighting the importance of mammos being on time for us ladies and computer errors which can cause unes especially in the light of the terrible screening cock up which has been addressed in the house of commons today some of those poor ladies who lost their lives due to problems in the screening programme, ladies we will have to be on the ball re app etc.... Rant over πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Evening ladies a lovely night in Newcastle windy but sunny which is main thing, got call to say have an app with bc surgeon on 16th to check boob i think they are more concerned about the orange peel dimpling in skin rather than swelling hopefully its just rads effects so surgeon wants a look, any way my main rant is about mammo been expecting a letter with date should be due this month to discover tgat my bc surg secretary hasn't sent the request card down to screening department which currently has a 5 week delay so it could be July by i get it im fuming im niw going to have to chase it with her tomorrow as she was off today thank goodness the bcn rang me or i wouldn't have realised and just been sitting like a lemon waiting, i explained i was all psyched up fot it and really its not good enough having to chase these things up myself thats the second time ive had to do this, it makes me look like a pain in the 😨
Rant over!!!! Looking forward to the weekend as we are being promised warm weather and sunshine which is great news when most of last summer was lost due to treatment looking forward to summer πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Community Champion

Appointment with GP today at 5.15 - to check the rampiril is doing it's job and to ensure it's not affecting my kidneys whilst repairing my heart!!! 

Herceptin again tomorrow, then just 2 more to go.........!  x

Jay, thanks for the info. Lots to think about.

Community Champion

Thanks Jay, I'll have a look at those. Xx

Community Champion

Mai and Daffodil - there are two very interesting threads on here regarding reconstruction.  I highly recommend you having a read.  First one is under "Moving forward after treatment" "Recovery after treatment" "A flat way of life" and the second one is under "Going through treatment" "Surgery" "to reconstruct or not".

I'm still very much undecided.  Like you Mai I'm keen to let sleeping dogs lie and in another way I'd love not to have to think about prosthetic etc when I get dressed in the morning!

Community Champion

Aww, thanks ladies for the lovely words.  I am deeply moved. Heart  Likewise, you have all been amazing and whilst I shared all knowledge researched you double checked and sense checked it too and just knowing there was someone else out there feeling as crappy and isolated as me was a great comfort.  I'm sure we will be friends for life now.  I think our shared compassion and sense of humour has been a great distraction from some pretty harsh realities we've faced! xx

I had my lymphodema check up last week and all good, only a 2% difference so Im considered low risk for lymphodema.

Binocular woman!!! thats funny Shi. x

Daffodil, I still have my head in the sand on the recon at present but would be interested to hear what you have to say after your appointment.  I feel a bit nervous about the prospect of the tissue in that area being disturbed again - let sleeping dogs lie and all that...... but want to feel balanced and symmetrical again! :-? xx

Thanks for all the wishes for today. So, I need an ultrasound scan, but surgeon didn't seem too worried. Have to see him again in two weeks time, so more waiting, first to get a scan and then for the results.

I will also attend a BRA meeting on 8th May to meet other ladies who have had or are waiting to have breast reconstruction surgery. It is an opportunity to discuss options and outcomes. Still about 9 months till I am due to have mine, but surgeon wants me to the research so I can make an informed decision. 

Take care ladies. 

Community Champion

Thanks for sharing this Treehouse.  

Of course, you'll have no need to use them - you're off on holiday and you're going to have a wonderful family time xx

For anyone travelling I just got travel insurance through ALL CLEAR.
It was good cover for a reasonable price and included all of my issues. ❣
Hope I don’t have need to use them when we go away. X x

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I do wear rather strong glasses πŸ‘“ but won’t take offence.
Knocky woods is wonderful!
🌳 🏠
Community Champion

Yes indeed Tatyana - please do pop onto facebook and take a look at what's arranged - you could well be tempted!!  

I do like the way Treehouse has become known as "Binoculars" Woman - when my son was small he used to call binoculars - knocky woods!  - all have a connection, in a funny way with the name "Treehouse".....!  

If it wasn't for this forum - I'm sure I would have gone crazy (sorry.... crazier!)!!!  Love you all, xx

So good to hear from you tatyana. Check in on Facebook if you are able to join us for the meet up x

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that although I'm mainly on other bits of the forum now I still love to hear how all you lovely ladies are getting on. All of you have provided such amazing support over this past year, both practical and emotional. I picked up any number of useful tips here, but also massive boosts to my faith in human nature and our collective ability to kick as* and laugh in the face of the Alien.
Thanks and big hugs to you all, Mai for your wisdom, Jay for your sympathy, Mishy for your resilience, and every one of you for love and hugs. And Treehouse for setting a shining example of gritting your teeth and hanging on in there to become our very own Binoculars Woman!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘I hope you get you appointment through and get sorted soon my beautiful πŸ‘­πŸ‘­think you need to give it one of your famous πŸ–•in the mirror at it, that should hopefully give it a warning you are not to be messed with πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

πŸ˜‚Shi I did wonder πŸ‘“πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
Thinking of you tomorrow daffodil 🌼 hope they put your mind at rest.

Looks like the sun may return next week. I miss it 🌞
Community Champion

Good luck for tomorrow Daffodil - hope your surgeon will be able to suggest something to help the swelling. I'm sure it's internal scarring.

I've just developed a bit of cording in an area where it was after my op - it goes from armpit towards elbow - I've no idea why it should suddenly appear but I've been exercising it and massaging gently - it certainly helps and I'm hopeful it will go as quick as it came!

Hope app for tomorrow goes well and they resolve your swelling Daffodil im waiting for my appointment for similar problem so hopefully get sorted
Mai yes i agree with everyone about you being the fountain of knowledge but also i will say thank you to all of you May ladies who kept my pecker uo and who gave me much needed advice tios and hope πŸ‘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Daffodil hope everything goes ok for tomorrow and they can get the swelling down for you β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse that should be bionic woman not binoculars woman πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚blooming predictive text πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Wow a year ago from first chemo already!  Mine will be 11th May!  

Mai, how grateful are we to have met someone as wise, brave, positive and encouraging as you.  I can still recall reading your first posts (I wasn't brave enough to come on board at that time!) - your detail helped me enormously in preparing myself for the torture of chemo - your reassurance that everything was going to be ok - you'll never know just how much your inspirational posts meant to me in those early, dark, scary and nervous days - just saying the words "thank you" seems so insignificant but I say them anyway and I times the sentiment behind them by at least a million...... you, my lovely, are priceless.... xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai ❀️❀️❀️I second everything treehouse has put, you are a fountain of knowledge, a beautiful lady with mmmmwwwwhhhhh 😁😁😁😁humour a πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­when it’s been 😳😳😳🀯🀯🀯😳😳😳and a brilliant chef with the bestest recipes πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹and we’ll still be πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»For many years yet 😘😘treehouse πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘on phased return you will πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈIt’s ass and I am sure you’ll not take in too much you are πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺand will stand up for yourself, you are the binoculars woman now don’t forget πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Treehouse, maybe keep a doughnut and a dummy in your pocket in case of emergency when you return to work. A comfort food and a pacifier! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xx

Good news about your phased return, Treehouse. We will do this together. My next shift is on 10th May, only 3 hours, but a start. 

Take care, brave warriors. We are survivors. 

8th May will be my cancerversary.

I am seeing surgeon on Monday so he can check out my swelling between breast and armpit. Most likely a bit of lymphoedema.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Thanks for that Mai
I used to play pocket bingo with someone I worked with. They thought they would win when they bought out a donut 🍩. I trumped it with a plastic snake 🐍 and a dummy ( had the coat on from a weekend away with the kids πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚ everything ends up in mummy’s pocket)
Community Champion

Talking of "in your pocket" reminds me of when I went to see these guys live in London a few years ago, who were awesome!  

https://youtu.be/OznKG2_k-NA

Community Champion

Mishy, your cancerversary must feel quite bittersweet between the battle you have survived and the loss of your lovely Dad who is now in your pocket telling you to keep going.  Sending positive vibes your way. πŸ’— Xxx

Community Champion

Treehouse, I hope your phased return goes smoothly.  It is good to get back some normality in your life but make sure you set the pace and learn to say no.  You have been through far too much to allow anyone to push you. If you are tempted to allow others to stress you out just remember your buddy Mai7 is in your pocket saying "not allowed"  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ xx

Hi πŸ‘‹ I’m ok went into work yesterday and have organised to start my phases return on 21st May. I am a little nervous but mostly looking forward to it. It’s the final part of my recovery and a huge step for me to mentally put this behind me. I am determined not to be as stressed as I was before. That may take some working out.
Glad to hear you are all doing ok. Congratulations on the cancerversary Mishy x x x
Sorry there continue to be scared and naughty lumps and bumps but we are now super aware and our teams are ( mostly) getting appointments quickly πŸ‘.

I have been reading posts but got kicked off so took a while to log back on . I’m always here I promise. I’m an addict.

Love the quote Mai πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hey Treehouse how you doing lovely πŸ’–

Mai my brave friend what a day to remember. Look how far we have come. You have definitely been our fountain of knowledge and chief researcher. Your list of Chemo necessities was very helpful back then. Go celebrate, drink 🍸 and eat everything that was either forbidden or just tasted bad. Break all those rules and shake your sassy hair.
One year post poison that kept us alive.

Cheers πŸ₯‚
See you all soon πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ€—

Wow Mai a year how far you have come... Yes this forum πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– has a special place in my heart got me through the toughest time in my life x
Heres to life love and laughter x
Community Champion

It's a year today since my first chemo and how grateful I am to have been able to go through it with you lovely ladies here. Thank you. πŸ’—  This forum is priceless. πŸ’—πŸŒΈβœ¨

image.jpeg

Community Champion

Katie11 - are you still on here??  We haven't heard from you in a while and hope all is good.  I have sent you a pm and look forward to hearing from you! J x

Community Champion

Thanks ladies I survived the ordeal!  A bonus for having just one now meant it was done really quick and the other one didn't keep getting in the way!  Also, when I had the one last year before final diagnosis - my hair was long and kept getting in the way too!

The lady operating the mammo machine was lovely too - really chatty so that helped relax the situation.  

Now just got to wait for the results.....

Tomorrow - hair cut - so looking forward to a bit of pampering!  

Got a busy weekend too - so lots to keep my mind busy...

Thanks ladies we have All had a journey haven't we been a good day today spent day with my Grandaughter πŸ’– jay hope you are feeling OK after mammo the first one has always got to be our hardest x
Hows everyone else doing πŸ‘‹ hoping you are all good and loving life πŸ’–

Thinking of you today, Mishy. What a journey you have travelled. Thank goodness we have support.