327539posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Wolfee - it's the same for me on my thyroxine - I have to take it at least half hour before breakfast and any drink containing caffeine!  That's every day....!!!  x

Tatyana, that’s so encouraging so maybe I can reverse this bone thing? Yes I’ve been reading that it’s so important that you take on an empty stomach. Oh my!!! Early morning Emma without that 1st cup of coffee β˜•οΈ Watch our nicky, postman or any other human that may cross me on this morning each week!!!!!!!! Hahaha I’ll take it then jump in the showers hopefully by the time I’m out and dry the 30 mins will be almost up!!

Wolfee I was on those alendronic acid pills for a while after my first BC, I had the early menopause thing and was on letrozole so they did a scan and just like you, suddenly I had osteoporosis. I took the pills for two years, they are a nuisance to take because you can't even have a cup of tea only water and I can't function without a coffee as soon as I wake up! But I didn't have any side effects from them, and the good news is that after two years, they repeated the scan and I didn't have osteoporosis anymore! Yay! So it's worth it. I hope it works just as well for you!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee hope you get your tooth sorted so you can start your tablets, it must have been a surprise to say the least finding out, but at least they know about it and are treating you wolfee ❀️❀️ Treehouse ✨✨✨✨✨just for you 😘😘😘Mai, glad you posted your blog on new oct18 thread ❀️❀️Think it’s very helpful and done beautifully πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jay, it’s a mountaineering/ski shop it’s on a corner in Kendal, if you phone the tourist board, they will tell you the name of the shop, sorry I can’t remember name of it only how to get to it πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Me too - I don't think we have anywhere in my area either!

Thanks Shi for the tip though - I'm investigating further...!

WolfEE - good luck with the acid pills - they don't sound very pleasant but at least they've discovered the problem and hopefully this pill will be the solution to further problems.

Good luck too with the tooth - when are you having it done?

Is like some custom insoles. Don’t think anywhere on Milton Keynes does them????

Alendeonic acid 70mg.
One per week on empty stomach before eating or drinking first thing in the morning and then you must stay upright for half an hour so ot doesn’t agitate your food pipes

Jay do you have groupon app on your phone. They have special heel pads and socks on offer. We have just ordered them.
I had a dexa scan a few weeks back it was supposedly to see how my bones are now as a starting point so they can monitor going forward any deteriation going forward because of the early menapause from having overies out and not being able 2 take HRT
It was a shock to find I already have it. I had an email from my gp saying a prescription for bone strengthening weekly pill has been sent to pharmacy for me to pick up. I can’t take them though until my troubled tooth comes out at the end of the month. (I think the medication can weeken your jaw and it. An break when having a tooth out)
The pill they are giving me is called something acid I’ll quickly check and post the name in a sec after googling I think it can help prevent spread of cancer on bones or it might be used once it has??
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee, sorry to hear that 😘😘how did you find out? Jay there is a walking shop in Kendal that mould inner soles specifically to your feet that you wear in your shoes that will help you with your issue, my husband had that and since he got those a few years ago he’s been ok, just thought I’d mention it β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

WolfEE not the best news ever and I'm so sorry to hear it.  How was this diagnosed? 

I've still got the on-going high blood pressure 150/90 and I'm on Ramipril - got to double the dose!  

The underactive thyroid is due to my immune system attacking the thyroid glad - quite possibly as a result of the Herceptin/Radiotherapy treatments.  I will know more when I see the endrocologist in January!!  In the meantime, taking my 50mg of throxine a day is making me feel amazing!

I've got the on-going pains of planta fascilitis which again was aggravated by the chemo and has regular flare-ups now where it's so painful I simply can't stand let alone walk!  Can't take ibrophren which would help because of the heart meds but can use the gel.  However, Dr gave me an exercise sheet yesterday - four quite basic exercises to do twice a day - I'm not the best at getting in a routine but must say after doing them this morning my foot feels a little more comfortable so I must persevere.

In the meantime, I have just one thing to say - active "treatment" for cancer might be out of the way but my goodness I'm rattling just as much with all the subsequent meds.... not counting the healthy supplement pills!!!  Oh shake, rattle and roll..... and good wishes to all.  lol xx

Oh no I’ve now got osteoporosis!!!!!

Hi Treehouse how are you doing these days yez funnily enough ive got a cold too isn't it funny we could ward off the plague during chemo days should have kept some of the remedies up πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i feel strangely detached from the events if last year its as if a different person went through it talj about self preservation my kids reminded how its nice to be able to be in the same room as me with a cold but yeah it does take your mind back a bit to the dreaded chemo haze days x
Super excited my little Ella Bella is one in Tuesday cannot believe its a year since she came into my life she was just what was needed to carry on when it was frankly getting tough love her to bits 😍😍😍😍
Hi Jay nice to hear from you too im currently debating what to have for tea!!!!! Its a late one x

Thanks Jay. Yes it’s a cold but my usual badass attitude it back πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ’ͺ🏻
Community Champion

Sorry Treehouse - I wasn't here after 11 to share in your pains!  I do hope you managed to get some sleep and are feeling better this morning.  I get where you're coming from - when you're feeling under the weather it's easy to recall all of last year in the spate of an hour - it can be quite depressing!  Then suddenly you'll bounce back and think to yourself - my god I survived that.... I can survive this.....!  Onwards and upwards - we are survivors - we can face any battle (especially you my lovely!).  xx

Hi Shi lovely to see your ✨ sparkles.
I’m struggling to sleep with a stuffed up nose so I’ve sneaked downstairs and come back here. It’s like the old times on the steroids. Been thinking about last year a bit lately. It pops in my mind from time to time. Mostly it’s just passing but feeling ill takes me to bad memories. I have little sympathy when family have a cold but it does suck when you’re sniffing and sneezing 🀧.
Moan over. Hope everyone is doing ok.
X x x x x x.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy yes it’s lovely to πŸ‘­πŸ‘­have quick catch up with amazing may ladies 😁😁😁 mai, my hairs πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺbut it’s hair and I’m happy, just want it long enough to get the straighteners on it which is why I’m just going with the mullet. Yes treehouse πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺyou are amazing and then some hope you have biggest Christmas planned for this year, I remember you and your neighbour in hospital going for a lap round the Christmas tree πŸŽ„ who was it who glanced up and thought Greg Wallace was outside their window? That still makes me laugh now, you all have the best humour πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Treehouse i have the Alice bands too the ones with scarfes on Mai i love your analogy of hair its right actually i do know one thing it has never been in such good condition as it is atm xx

Georgie is always lovely to have something to focus on so keep that wedding as your focus you will be looking great and feeling in the mood for a celebration when i was having my chemo my focus was on my 1st grandchild she was born on the morning on my 5th chemo i was my daughters birthing partner watched my little ray of sunshine being born then went to chemo straight after with a new focus on getting the job done!!! You might find by making something like maybe a wedding journal ir something might help take your mind somewhere else during treatments i made a baby hamper and scrapbook
Treehouse Mai Daffodil Annie great to hear from you too as well as Jay and wolfee isn't it great to hear from everyone xxx
Community Champion

Hi Georgie, you just focus on getting to that wedding. Planning for it will give your spirits a much needed lift, and hopefully take your mind off the current stuff a bit. Apparently I had a rough time with chemo. My Onco thinks the F bit is old fashioned so I was put on EC-T. Unfortunately I had three infusions, followed a week later by a hospital admission. The last one was a corker as I went into rigor and was in hospital a week. Turned out my body didn't like my Hickman line! My fourth infusion was ok as the Hickman wasn't used. So we are all very different, but with the help of my team I'm through it all. As you will be. Onward and upward. X

Community Champion

Jay, I agree, I feel more energetic than before diagnosis and I think it's because I've taken on a healthier lifestyle and have a better attitude to life.  Like everyone else, my hair is now a bit wavy and unpredictable but I've embraced it and am quite happy with what I have.  Hair is good!  We have all been so good for each other: love, understanding and humour.  A problem shared is a problem halved.  We sure as hell paddled the lifeboat back to the shore! Xx

Shi, don't worry about the hair, it has to go through all of the phases like the moon before its full! πŸ˜‚ πŸ’—πŸ’— xx

Treehouse, bigs congrats on finishing treatment.  Look how far you've come.  I remember at one of your lowest points when you was waiting for a blood transfusion and I was virtual singing "When tomorrow comes" for you!  Xx

Daffodil, I had my BCN appt today and will be getting a referral to speak to a consultant next.  I'm not in a big hurry as I'm enjoying time away from being an inpatient!  It's a lot to think about again isn't it? Xx

Hi everyone,

Good to read the latest posts. Most of us have much to celebrate with slowly returning to normality. I have enjoyed getting back to part time work as well as Pilates and yoga. My next dilemma is my reconstruction. I have my appointment with the surgeon next week. I am still unsure which method to choose and when to go for it as recovery times vary and I am not sure when to put my life back into recuperation mode. 

It is hard to believe how far we have all come. Thanks for all the support! x

Community Champion

Georgie Gee - yes I too started with EC (accelerated) x3 then onto T x4 with herceptin and pertuzmab. Then had surgery (right MX and complete node removal, 17 I think were removed) I then continued with 3 weekly injections of just Herceptin (18 in total) which finished in June this year. I also had 15 x rads in Nov/Dec 2017. All is doable and achievable but with some tough days! My best advice is listen to your own body - do what it tells you and seek reassurance from us ladies who either are or have been through it.

Your aim date is 1 June 2019 - go for it!

Jay68 x

Hi AnnieJ and others, and thank you for your feedback about polybalm and nail remedies.  I will report back to other threads about what worked for you. 

It strikes me as amazing how all of our lives must have changed so much since diagnosis, but a year on, and you all seem to have come out of the other side and still the 'right way up'.   It's great that you all still keep in touch, and I admire you for how you have all coped. 

I have had had my second infection on FEC now, and the antibiotics are playing me as well now with their own S E's.   I start T and herceptin on 4th October, and am a bit scared.   Anyone been through the same as me ?

I would be interested to know how FEC T plus herceptin for a year and bone protection 6 monthly, (for 3 years so no one will know yet.... ) plus radiotherapy has affected you a year on?  I had no hormone involvement so don't need hormone treatment.  

My daughter gets married on 1st June next year, and when I knew the date, I was so excited to lose weight, and gave myself a year to do it.  Then 4th June this year I had the news I had BC.  Now I have forgotten a bit about the weight loss, and just hope I will have hair!    How things change.  

All the the best everyone 

Georgie G xx 

Community Champion

Hi Georgie G, I used Defiant nail oil all through my treatment (EC-T) plus 25 rads. I also had manicures when I was ok and used dark nail varnish. I kept all my nails, and I think they are much stronger than before. I went online for the oil, to a well known cancer site . I ordered the shampoo system from there as well - Plantur, which has definitely helped with hair. My BC nurse recommended coconut oil for my scalp when my fuzz came through and I used to go to bed in a haze of coconut bliss! I think the treatment has made my hair coarser , and as I am stage4 and on continuing treatment my hair does suffer. Anything is preferable to bald though! X

Oh the uncontrollable hair. I now have 3 hair bands of the β€˜Alice β€˜ variety ( thanks to a fellow warrior with more style than me)
I use these when I am unable to tame the waves. I have coloured it a couple of times a natural dark brown because the vast amount of gray depresses me. I have been keeping it cut short but after seeing Mai with a lovely bob I have been inspired to persevere and grow it. We will see how long I last. Colour due in 2 weeks the roots are starting to show.
On the whole I love my crazy wavy mop.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yeah sounds like mine i haven't dyed mine yet as im not sure what im going to do with it i do have a white.. yes thars right patch at the front which wasn't there before chemo the odd stray grey hair like everyone my age i used to highlight it before but this i really don't know how or what i can do with it it didn't look that bad when it was short short actually looked quite on trend but now its nana short its 😨
Community Champion

Shi / Mishy - hair?! - please don't mention it! haha!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful it returned and lovely and thick too, however, I don't like the texture, colour nor it's own style!

I've coloured it - but still it seems to have it's own mind on that - I've had it trimmed and thinned a few times - as for trying to style it - I've given up - I let it do it's own thing - sometimes I'm happier with it than others... nothing I try to do makes an awful lot of difference!

My biggest concern at the moment with it is the fact I have my Niece's wedding to attend this Saturday - I've chosen my outfit - shoes and bag and I can paint my nails and perfect my make-up - but I have no control over what my hair will do - I just have to see how it goes on the day.....!  I could become known as the crazy Auntie with the "hair"!!!

Jay you are definitely right about everything including the embracing of the new normal and being thankful that we are living each new day when im having a moan about things i remember that i am lucky in more ways than one
My hair ob the other hand the least i say about that the better 😨 its at that will i persevere abit longer or get it chopped off stage have had it cur but uts wild still growing at different stages so peeing me off a bit but everyone insits it looks ok
Shi how delightful a footballer cica mullet i remember mine with fondness after my cut that went looked fab for a few weeks now i resemble Doris from the bingo πŸ˜¨πŸ‘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

1980’s curly mullet πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jay, no not tried cbd water, I do take the 4000mg cbd oil though because I was a tn, I take it because it makes me feel I’m doing something and that’s all any of us can do isn’t it 😁😁hows everyone’s hair coming on? Mai’s Rocking a coco Chanel last time I saw her, I’m currently rocky big footballers circa
Community Champion

Hey ladies,

What's this water they are ranting about on my local BBC radio station this morning?

CBD water available from Holland & Barret, Sainsburys, Waitrose and other outlets.

Has anyone tried it?

x

Community Champion

Hello Georgie Gee and welcome to our forum!

I'm sorry, Polybalm is a new one on me! See look how things change in a year! A lot of us used the Udderly Smooth cream (with added urea) - that is a great moisturising cream recommended by my Chemo team - it can be used anywhere on the body.

I also kept my nails covered in very dark nail polish throughout chemo and for at least 2 months after. It was not until this time that my nails started to become problematic - splitting and very weak and I lost my half moons.

My biggest advice is to keep your nails short - it's something I didn't do and I feel now that didn't help.

I was extremely lucky with my toe nails - again I kept them covered in dark nail varnish and I didn't expose them to the daylight - which was very difficult as I went through chemo (like the rest of the ladies on this forum) during a very hot summer!

Another helping factor is Epsom Salts (both for the whole body in a bath and for aching fingers and toes in a small bowl).

I'm pleased to say - my nails are now much stronger - I'm able to keep them a little longer and I now wear pretty coloured nail varnish! It does all return.......

Good luck for your T part of chemo - you can always come back to us very experienced ladies if you need any further advice - I'm sure one of us will have the advice or information to calm your fears and reassure you!

Take care - Jay68
Community Champion

Hi Sarah19.

How lovely to see you return and I'm glad everything is moving along smoothly for you and that the medics seem to be looking after you extremely well.

I was reading through your post and although I'm not on the same meds as you, I can relate to the list of side effects you are suffering ie aches around the shoulders, lower back, uncomfortable feeling in the rib cage - I also suffer aches in my hips (especially after exercise) - and foot pain in my left foot/heel.  In general ladies, I do believe a lot of these side effects have been caused by our treatments and not our current meds - chemotherapy is after all poison and with that in mind, our bodies (I feel and fear!) will never be the same again - added to that radiotherapy (for those of us who had it) - again brilliant that it's available but again it destroys both good and bad cells - both of these treatments (although amazing) remain active in our systems for far longer than we are informed at the outset.  I'm seeing reports of ladies 3/5 years out of treatment and still suffering these side effects.

Adding to these two treatments our own personal meds (ie Herceptin/Tamoxifen/Anastrazole/Ibandronic Acids... etc etc.... these too have side effects but I really do think the majority of our aches and pains have been caused by the original "harsh" treatments - I for one will certainly not complain about that as I know those together with the two targetted therapies I was on alongside chemo, destroyed completely the cancer that was in my breast and lymph nodes - but the price to pay is the aches and pains I now suffer with on a daily basis - of course I'm not complaining because I'm still here - I still wake up each day - embrace the world and thank my lucky stars....  

I may have turned 50 this year but indeed I really do feel as though my body turned 70!!  I do exercise but I'm limited and I eat healthy and have cut out alcohol completely together with soya - but I'm alive and I'm a new "normal" - not one I'd dreamed about but I'm happy with the one I've become!!  

Each and every one of us has been through a massive trauma.  It was in fact a year ago yesterday that I had my single MX and all lymphs removed!  Just be kind to yourself and never forget this motto; look back but don't regret, look forward - we all want to dream about our tomorrow's but live for today - enjoy, smile and be happy!

It's lovely to see our forum coming back to life - to see how we're moving on -  this time last year I simply couldn't have been as brave and positive without all you amazing ladies xx  

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi wolfee, treehouse ❀️❀️❀️Lovely to hear you are doing well πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ and jay hope you get answers on 4th and glad you are enjoying the yoga, it’s something I keep meaning to try. Mishy hope you are having good holiday/had good holiday you were going up to Scotland is that right? Mai ❀️❀️❀️As always my Lola lobing 😁😁😁mate. Sarah, sorry I can’t help I was same as mishy a tn. Georgie gee, I did what mai7 did with black polish and kept my finger nails, I lost big toe nails and little toe nails though even with black polish on. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hello everyone long time no post. I have finally logged back on. I too used solar oil as Mai said. Fingers not bad but I am finding my toe nails were not so lucky they are finally growing out but they were not good. I did wear sandals a lot so maybe sunshine? I didn’t oil my toes so I would recommend it.
Toes take longer to grow out than fingers.

I have finally finished herceptin and other than heart tablets I’m not on anything else. I had a boob scan today which was all clear. Surgeon appointment in 2 weeks then nothing til onc in April. I do need to chase up my opherectomy but I just can’t get my head there yet as I am enjoying normal for a while first.

Keep plodding ladies lots of love x
Community Champion

Hi Georgie Gee, most of us on this thread used CND solar oil with varying results. I haven't heard of the one you mention but might be worth a try if it's not too expensive. With the docetaxol you need to wear dark nail varnish until the end of chemo and 3 months after that. Docetaxol leaves the skin, including nailbeds, photosensitive to UV rays so protection is important I think just look after them as best you can but if the docetaxol causes splitting or peeling it's nothing you did or didn't do.. It's just that it seems to get some people more than others. Xx

Hi May ladies, 

I hope you don't mind me asking a question or 2 about a nail cream I have been advised about by my new consultant for using through T part of chemo.  It is called Polybalm and had been trialled in my area. 

Link here: 

http://polybalm.com/nails-chemotherapy

I have explained more about it on the August thread, but wondered whether or not anyone could say whether or not this may have worked for them.  I could then report back to the August ladies. 

Many thanks

Georgie 

Community Champion

Sarah19, I've also written a blog if you want to have a read: http://lifeafterlola.com Its a space where I can get it all off my chest (pardon the pun) in an artistic fashion and hopefully help others who are newly diagnosed. Xx
Community Champion

Hi Ladies, lovely to hear from everyone.

Mishy, glad you are doing well and glad you are now menopausal without the scary oestrogen factory! Xx

WolfEE, well done and I don't know why but I though you had only had oophrectomy. I didn't realise it was the full hysterectomy. Hope you are taking it steady. Xxx

Welcome back Sarah and glad you are doing well considering all meds and associated side effects. I'm just on Tamoxifen and find it ok except for joint stiffness if i sit still too long or try and exercise too hard so it's a fine balance. I walk a lot to keep fit now which is working well for me. Send WolfEE a private message if you want to join us in Facebook. Xxx

Ladies i don't take any hormone drugs as my bc was TN but im interested in the bone strengthening drugs as i too heard that about menopause weakening bones and how the strengtheners can protect against mets too my onc never persued this with me my GP ran my menopause status check and given that my mam has osteoporosis and i had chemo so will probably have a density test then hopefully get the bone things
Wolfee im pleased to hear that you have recovered well from your op hopefully if you are lucky you might dodge the hot fluses as you had enough of them with Chemo!!!
I still get the odd night sweats and random flushes but think thats it for me πŸ‘
Sarah lovely to hear you are doing well yes thats some cocktail but at least your onc is proactive re the bine strengtheners and their benefits to you in terms of preventative measures x

Hi Wolfee,
So pleased to hear you are recovering well.
So from what I understand the Zoladex injections push me into the menopause. Because I am now considered menopausal I’ve had to switch from the tamoxifen to the Anastrazole (and I think there is another called letrazole so it’s either or) and the inabdronic acid is to improve bone density as menopause weakens bones but my oncologist also said it has shown some reasearch to benefit overall survival as well?? The Adcal is a calcium tablet to ensure I’m getting enough. I’d be very interested to see what they decide to put you on. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful and Moany as I am so very very grateful to be here and have the chance to take tablets!! But it’s hard when you have gone from no medication what so ever to feeling like there is lots!! Small price to pay for the grand scheme of things I know but will just be happier when all the side effects do one!
You poor thing with your tooth!! That must be so painful! Hope it’s feeling better soon

Hi Mishy / Sarah. Good to hear from you.
I am now 3 weeks post hysterectomy and Oophorectomy and so far so good no menapause symptoms as yet. Pain wise is all manageable. The worse thing was developing massive toothache that was worse than the surgery. Today I had the nerve taken out. I’ll have the tooth removed or root canal in a few weeks when I’m off the blood thinning injections.
So I’m still on tamoxafen but I’m guessing when I see my oncologist in November I’ll be swapped as I’m obviously post menapause because of having my overies removed. So I am interested in your little list of meds Sarah as I’m guessing I’ll be on similar? I’m not that clues up and don’t recognise the names and what they help with??
My GP will put me on an antidepressant if hot flushes get bad. Apart from that I’ve not been put on or changed from anything yet????

Hi everyone. You may not remember me as been a very long time since I was on here. Last time I posted I had just had my big op for mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. It didn’t feel right to post much after that time as we were at very different times in our treatments and I was finding it quite difficult to cope with.
Anyway I Hope everyone is doing well and coping well since surgeries and starting medications etc.
I attended the moving forward course in June which I found to be quite beneficial and it was lovely to meet some ladies in the same position. I started Zoladex injections in April and 2 weeks ago switched from Tamoxifen alone to Anastrazole along with Ibandronic Acid whilst also taking vitamin D and Adcal on a daily basis. Feel like
I’m rattling at the moment!! I’m finding the ibandronic Acid very difficult as having some very uncomfortable side effects - aches around the shoulders, lower back, uncomfortable feeling in the rib cage?? And very windy/gassy with bit of acid reflux - oops. Hoping all will pass and settle down otherwise I’m not sure I could cope with it for 3 years, plus I’m missing being able to get up and have my early morning cuppa!! Lol. Is anyone else on the same delightful concoction of meds? Would be nice to hear others experience on them.

Hi everyone hoping you are all well ita been a while i know you are all on Facebook im not unfortunately so pop ib here to say hello
had bloods ran and results xame back definitely through menopause doesn't need to be checked again!!! My periods stopped after 2nd fec last August never returned but my onx said they could so the blood test confirmed otherwise im am officially no longer of child bearing age so the chemo obviously shut down my ovaries permanently gp says should probably check my bone density just in case
Community Champion

GP confirmed the initial result, a very underactive thyroid.  Would ordinarily prescribe a very low dose of medication but given my previous heart problem (caused by Herceptin) and on-going high blood pressure she's going to liaise with the Endocrinologists and see what they advise.  Will now hear on 4th October when I return to GP for blood pressure monitoring....

On the plus side - I went last night for my first ever taste of Yoga and loved it!  Will definately be returning in 2 weeks time... x

Community Champion

So at my final onc appointment she suggested I should be tested for Diabetes and Thyroid following the treatment I've had (chemo, herceptin, rads (to upper clavicle area).  A simple blood test (well fasting for the diabetes one).

Visited the GP last week for results - I'm delighted the diabetes is clear, however the thyroid one came back that I've got an underactive thyroid.  Further blood tests to re-check and also the TPO part of the test.  I'll get the results on Wednesday - depending on the results will depend on the medication required to treat....

I've subsequently researched and it would appear quite common for thyroid problems following treatment for breast cancer. 

I've also been increased to 2.5mg of Ramipril as my blood pressure is still a bit high!

Other than this - I'm doing OK - put it this way, there's people far worse off than me.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Good luck today wolffee πŸ’ͺ♀️
Community Champion

Good luck for today WolfEE - you know we'll all be thinking of you lovely.  Let us know when you up and running again.... xxx

Community Champion

WolfEE, tough decisions for you.  Have they mentioned Zoladex injections to deactivate your ovaries?  I guess this would bring with it more side effects but it would give you more time to think about ovary removal.  I wish we didnt have to think about all of this, its so burdensome isnt it? Sending hugs. xxxx

Jay, my head is still firmly in the sand on the recon front.  Whilst I dont want more surgery, I do want to try and move forward with my life feeling a bit more balanced.  I dont have an appointment with the surgeon yet but it will be looming on the horizon!  You dont have to rush into a decision, if you need a bit more time to think then you could delay it a bit more.  xxxx