363560posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Good luck Wolfee x

Oh treehouse hope you are OK. Do what you need to do but as Jay says we are here for you xx

I've booked a bra fitting tomorrow. Bit nervous really x

Im not looking for work yet rosie, going to start after christmas. Dont feel ready for that yet x

Hope everyone else OK. Xx

Off shortly second attempt at starting radiotherapy hope no problems this time!! 🀞
Community Champion

Lots of good luck Tatyana for surgery - we look forward to hearing from you when you're awake and feeling like communicating with us again! x

Community Champion

Treehouse - my lovely - I am sad to read you're update.  There's no way you can leave us.  We're here as a listening ear even if we can't offer any advice.  We've all been together for 7 months and we've been through some tough times, we've all had times when we've thought no one is interested or listening but coming on here you can guarantee a reply from someone or someone asking after you.

If your health determines you need a break that's different but don't feel we're not interested in you because we quite clearly are and indeed it's not nonsense what you're going through, we can listen and try to support you.

Please Treehouse - re-think your decision - we are all still here for you.  xxx

Community Champion

Mai - I agree with the advice of pushing yourself - I too was being too kind to myself - but it wasn't until week 4/5 that I started to really push myself and I have to say the "cording" I thought I'd developed gradually improved and today I don't have any evidence of it and I can use my arm as well as I could pre-op!  So go steady but prepared for a little pain!! x

Treehouse - don’t leave us we are here for you if u need us. Plz keep talking with us we need you also xx

Treehouse please don't feel like that everyone on here loves to here from you cardiovascular or bc πŸ’–
Community Champion

Treehouse, you are still our May musketeer so no way are you going off on your own cardio trip. We are here to support all of your treatment. Update us when you can and let us know you're ok. Xxx

Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse, don’t you dare vanish off the thread, I’ve will all be worried silly if you do. Please keep us updated that you are doing ok. Otherwise me and mai for starters will come and pull your new titties πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hello my amazing warriors. Looks like I am having a bit of an identity crisis. Think I am going to be a cardio patient rather that a bc patient now.
I will be taking a break for a bit. You don’t need my nonsense and it’s not relevant to this forum. I struggle to get a signal at the best of times.
Keep fighting girls much love
Jo x
Community Champion

Tatyana, best wishes for you for tomorrow. Hope all goes well. I'll be thinking of you.  Xx

My OH has to give me massage twice daily from elbow to armpit for the cording.

WolfEE, the Physio is just the post surgery arm exercises and assessment of progress.  I've been told today to start pushing outside of my comfort zone. Eek, I need my noo noo comfort poo cushion at the ready! πŸ’©

Best of British for tomorrow tatanya yes I finally braved the world I'm pleased your cold never got in the way of your surgery that would have been rubbish
Mai well done for braving the busses I'm not ready for that step yet really stiff and sore today think I over did yesterday but still enjoyed myself
Looking forward to 2nd episode of Peaky Blinders tonight
My hands are really numb today nail beds are sore too hoping it starts to improve soon

I've stocked up with medjool dates as my weapons against the pine cones! 😜
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘mai sorry to hear about cording, hope they can get that fixed for you 😘😘😘tatyana, they did that to me and mai got us in crack of dawn then didn’t go to surgery till the mid afternoon, you can drink upto 11.30am if you are not in till about 1.30 -2pm so ask s nurse after you’ve been drawn on. Food wise it’s nothing till breakfast day after surgery and as you know backward pine cones alert for after surgery. Sending you ❀️❀️❀️😘😘😘for tomorrow and πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Treehouse, please, please let these antibiotics do the trick!

Mishy, it's great that you braved the world! I had a slight cold last week and was SO worried it was going to get worse and then get in the way of my s*****y. But it was just a 3-day slight cold/sore throat, and you wouldn't believe how proud I was of myself for shaking it off and it not turning into some kind of mega-infection -- yes, proud, even though I can't really claim any credit!

Shi, thanks for the good vibes! I have to be on the ward by 7.30 am tomorrow, but the BC nurse told me I most likely will have a long wait, because they do the day cases first (fair enough, to give them time to recover), whereas I'm staying in overnight so there's no hurry!  In that case, why couldn't they tell me not to come in till later?! Still, I don't suppose I'd exactly be having a nice restful sleep even if I was still at home. They say I can eat and drink until 2.30 am. So what am I meant to do, set the alarm for 2 am and have a fry-up?!!

I'm really shocked at the amount of travelling that some of you guys are having to do. My hospital is a 35-minute drive (well, that's true if it's 7.30 am and there's no traffic!!), which is bad enough, and parking is downright impossible, hence I've had to rely on hubby to drive me there, otherwise you have to allow at least an extra hour to park and walk. I've had all my chemo and surgical appointments there, but some of my other appointments such as oncologist and various nurse-led clinics take place at a smaller hospital which is slightly closer and MUCH nicer, with hassle-free parking!  My husband's cousin's daughter (I don't know if there's a shorter word for that!) is currently doing a 30-mile-each-way trip for her rads, even though she lives within a couple of miles of a large and relatively new hospital; they've got everything there except radiotherapy, which seems bizarre. 

Community Champion

Good to hear from you Treehouse. It's tough getting pushed through more machinery and having more needles stuck in you but stay strong poppet. We are here for you if you need to rant/offload etc. Xx

Rosie, I'll be seeing Oncologist tomorrow. I've mentioned it before and they didn't seem concerned but I'll mention again.

WolfEE, that's what put me off the clinical trial: the risk of being in the placebo group! I mean there are many isolated trials which seem to be pro aspirin so I'm going with that! I don't want to wait til 2021 for answers.

I throughly enjoyed catching the buses today and felt quite independent and reintegrated back into the world again instead of watching from a distance or through glass! I'll be catching buses again tomorrow for Oncology appointment to discuss rads. My Physio assessment went well today except that I have cording from the surgery which needs additional massage. No wonder I'm finding the exercises so painful! Yup, you can get cording from the ANC surgery as well as from chemo. Hooray. The gift that keeps on giving! 

Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘to treehouse and big hugs and ❀️❀️❀️❀️and πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»to get you home soon lovely treehouse. 😘😘😘😘to tatyana for tomorrow too πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

What is the physio eveyone is having? X

Good to hear from you treehouse, hope you get your scan and they get to the bottom of this soon.

Mishy - I know when I finished chemo it seemed really weird not to be going every Thursday anymore, I’d got so used to going there. Eat well and look after yourself and hopefully you’ll avoid any colds.

Mai - I’m signed off until after Christmas but in reality won’t be going to the office until least end of Jan. Will see about working from home once Christmas is out of the way. Like you I’m enjoying the break. Did you check with anyone first about taking the aspirin daily? It’s something I’ve thought about. I’m on the blood thinning injections following my op so not a good idea at the moment. 

Physio is is tough at times. There’s very limited exercises I can do for the first four weeks though. Went for a short walk but this really is baby steps. I’m quite bored already.

Hope you get this scan soon Treehouse I hope you are resting up and when you get home everyone will spoil you rotten you deserve it πŸ’– the aspirin trial sounds interesting what is it!

Mai, I’m thinking 2 go on the β€˜add-asprin’ clinical trial. Apparently I fit the criteria the only problem being I may end up on a placebo not the actual asprin. You can be on one of three options for the 5 years. 1) standard dose of asprin 2) high does of asprin or 3) placebo. The nurse said there is more chance of having asprin than not as they put more on it than don’t. You then get check ups I think evey 3 months.
Community Champion

Lovely to hear from you Treehouse.  I'm sorry to hear they're still pumping you with antibiotics - rather than finding out what's causing the infection.  I do hope you get the heart scan done tomorrow at the latest - you've been feeling so unwell for too long now it's time they got to the bottom of this.

Apart from being laid up in a hospital bed with iv antibiotics going in at an alarming rate - how are you actually feeling?  

I do hope this new lot of antibiotics bring you the relief you must so desparately need right now lovely.

Sending lots of love and hugs and I really do hope you feel better very soon xx

Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse 😘😘great to hear from you. Glad they have you on antibiotics, have you not had a scan yet then? Love shi xx

Hi on 2 different antibiotics double dose to last time. On bag number 5 as we speak. Still waiting to see cardiologist before they book a scan so maybe tomorrow ???
Good luck with rads everyone x

Hope you are okay, Treehouse.

I also have a very long distance to travel as we moved. My day visits involve 160 mile round trip, but I plan to stay down near the hospital for 4nights a week during rads as definitely can't manage 4 hours a day on the road. But I will have to drive down on a Monday and back on a Friday.

I will transfer to the local Trust in the new year but needed to complete the programme in one Trust.

Tomorrow I am going to do the return trip for the orientation and information meeting, so long day ahead.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Treehouse thinking about you x hope they are close to getting you well and sorted big virtual hugs πŸ’–
It feels strange today nit going off to the chemo ward today feels like it's been forever got my rads planning scan tomorrow though so visits to the hospital are still in my life!!
Braved the metrocentre yesterday armed with a scarf to cover my face when needed hope it wasn't a bad idea but when my blood were taken at the weekend for a temp drop scare my neuts were 3.71 doc was very impressed considering I haven't had injections for last two rounds and my white blood cell count was good!!
I suppose old are everywhere atm so I think if it's going to happen I will catch one hope not though at least till I'm 6 weeks post chemo anyway!!!
Community Champion

Rosie, the surgeon has signed me off as unfit to work until 6th Dec so I'm going to enjoy a rest. I plan to phase in whilst on rads. I don't know if that's over optimistic on my part but I'll try it! To be honest, I'm finding the Physio hard work and slow. You just can't push it or you risk further injury. How long are you signed off.

As well as the Tamoxifen, Ive started taking a daily low dose of aspirin (75mg) as many clinical trials suggest it may reduce the risk of recurrence. Also as I'm on Tamoxifen with increased risk of thrombosis and blood clots it should counter balance this effect. I've done lots of googling for medical and oncology research for "aspirin and tamoxifen" and there appears to be no interaction between the two drugs but suggested benefits. With aspirin you just have to make sure you take it with food as it can attack the stomach lining and cause bleeding. Is anyone else planning to take daily low dose aspirin? My gran always took it daily and lived to 90, she'd had breast cancer in her 70s and was on Tamoxifen.

We live on Norfolk/Suffolk border. Norwich would be nearer but apparently the two counties don't communicate very well so I'll probably be at Addenbrookes. 41 miles each way. I've got friends same distance the other way so I might stay there for a week, just for a change of scenery.

Been thinking of you treehouse. Big hugs xxx

Lands End lighthouse lol

I’ve been on the bus to appts a few times, it is quite good fun 🚎 Especially now we’re not so worried about germs. Are you working from home atm Mai?

katie - how are you. Are you looking for a new job, or will you wait until after Christmas now? πŸŽ„ 

Community Champion

Thinking of you Treehouse and hope you will soon be home. πŸ’— Xx

Buddyfan, where do you live? in the Lands End lighthouse? I can't believe how far your journey is for rads. Wow, it's going to be a full day each time for you.

im going to catch to bus for my rads, 2 buses each way but I'm also hoping to get the bus 2 days to work. I have my Physio assessment this afternoon so getting the bus on my own to that. This is my first time on public transport since before chemo. I'm quite looking forward to the feeling of independence and being back out there! 🚌

Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘treehouse, hope you are ok and they are looking after you. 😘😘rosie, wolfee and tatyana and big hugs and ❀️❀️❀️to everyone πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Thinking of Treehouse today - hope they've made you comfortable and getting somewhere with their investigations.  xx

Community Champion

Wolfee - 20 mins each way is still enough on top of the rads. I'm not driving, no personal reasons other than, firstly, my husband not keen for me to drive on motorway by myself and secondly, I've kindly been offered lifts from members of the family and to make them feel "useful" I'm taking them offers up!!!
Community Champion

Oh my goodness buddyfan, 82 miles now that's ridiculous!  I will now stop moaning! x

Buddyfan 82 miles. Everyday that’s hardcore I really do feel for you all that have such a distance if daily treatment isn’t bad enough without that commute ontop. How will you be getting there and back each day? I’m intending on driving myself I don’t think I’d manage such a long drive if I’d have had to do that. I’m dreading my shorter 20 min each way drive. Good luck for when you start xxx

Will be an 82mile round trip for my rads!

Mai, not sure if zoladex is regarded as reliable contraception, logically it makes sense, but better check! It was certainly instant menopause in my case!
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, they told me when I booked it you get free parking on lgfb, remember to ask when you attend they stamp something so you get it free. No I don’t think I knew about chemo parking, so thanks for that πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Shi, I didn't know about the lgfb free parking. Did you know you get reduced parking for chemo if you get your ticket stamped and then go to parking office? Max 3hr charge. πŸ’—βœ¨

Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, look good feel better where you get about 300 quid of free makeup and a pamper and tips from beauticians, you’ve booked yours as you prompted me to get one booked too lovely 😘😘😘mines not till March. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Shi, what is lgfb? 

Treehouse hope you are OK I'm gutted for you that you are feeling poorly again thru will get you sorted don't worry sending you big virtual hugs πŸ’–πŸ’–
Hope everyone else is well
I'm shattered today went yo metrocentre with the daughter maybe done to much knee hip foot and ankle throbbing feel shattered wore wig and not one person looked but it's funny I feel self conscious in it even more than the scarf treated myself to to some new jumpers and some scalp and root soap from lush its supposed to help hair growth I'll keep you posted
Trisha can't believe its a 60 mile round trip for your rads I feel so lucky that me hospital has a cancer centre with everything there it's a chore every day but at least it's quite local, you should definitely ask for transport pleased surgery got everything too x
Community Champion
Community Champion

Just thought about that mai as lgfb you get free parking, so I thought do we get for rads too? Please let me know 😘😘thank you πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Community Champion

Good point Shi re. Parking, I will be asking that question on Thursday. 

Community Champion
Community Champion

Pie chips and beans on Tuesdays for me, weekly treat 😁😁can’t believe that mileage you will be doing for rads, does anyone know if we get free parking for all those daily visits during rads?❀️❀️❀️For everyone shi xx
Community Champion

Mai it would have been a 60 mile round trip, however, thankfully in 2014 we got a purpose built centre for radiotherapy in the hospital grouds where I had the dreaded Docetaxol chemo!  So not my nearest hospital but the main one for our area.  So I should be extremely grateful but I can't help thinking 45 mile round trip is still too far to go everyday for 3 weeks!

Chips, gravy and mushy peas - nice!

oh and Ive veen told will have 4 weeks Mon to Fri . See if that changes ar appt Thursday xx
Treehouse sending sweet dream thoughts and hugs and hope its not too noisy and u getting answers xoxo

must be psychic just had chips n gravy πŸ™‚
Community Champion

WolfEE, I was thinking your hospital experience seems below par compared to others but now you're private with designer hand soap, things are looking up. 

Community Champion

Big hugs Treehouse. Thinking of you and hope they get you sorted out soon. πŸ’— Xx

Tatyana, I didn't know about Zoladex but will mention it to Oncologist. Is it also regarded as contraception too? As I'm ER/PR+ I can't go back to the Mirena coil so was thinking of sterilisation anyway.  

Trisha, glad your results confirm all removed and you are moving on to the rads phase now. πŸ‘πŸΌ 15 days of a 60mile round trip kinda sucks though.

Jay, 45 mile round trip kinda sucks too, not as much as 60 but still.....

My Mum came over again today and we went for a walk and called for chips, gravy and mushy peas again!