362756posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted

May 2017 chemo starters

Hi I am starting chemo on 9th May at Nottingham City Hospital. Having 6 x FEC-T. Anyone else about to start and wants to compare side effects?

8,909 REPLIES 8,909
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie 😂😂😂you got an upgraded forum account on the sky?? 😂😂😂love shi xx
Highlighted

💃💃doing the get well soon dance for Mai and Treehouse 💃💃 💐 💐 

❤ Heather

Highlighted

Don't know why it says there's emotional content. 😂 Don't worry there isn't 

Highlighted

Spoiler

Mai was obviously jealous that you were getting all the attention treehouse 😘

I'd never heard of MAU before this weekend, I had to Google it!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai’s Just getting out with orals, she’s sending 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺for you treehouse to get you home too. Love shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse message from mai, she says she can’t have you stealing all the limelight 🤣🤣
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse and katie11, I’ve passed messages to mai for you. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺another dance for treehouse and mai to get you home. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Big hugs to Mai and treehouse xx

Hope you both feel better soon and get home quickly x

How was the planning appointment Jay?

What days are people's surgery this week? Xx
Highlighted

Thanks Shi. At least here til tomorrow. Caravan pjs getting all the compliments .
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I’ve passed message onto mai fir you treehouse 😘😘any sign of you being let Home yet lovely? 💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Bloody hell mai copy cat 😻.

Send her my love x
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone just heard fro mai, she is in mau, been put on antibiotics, coughing up yellow moucous temp 37.6 and fast pulse, so dance please for mai and treehouse 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🦄🦄🦋🦋🦋💕💕💕💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🌈🌈🌈🌈we need our ladies home dance. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Treehouse I'm glad you are feeling better and appetite has improved a little was with laughing at Shi suggestion but bet it would work hopefully you will have some answers soon
Hope everyone is feeling OK today I'm feeling a bit better now my ear has finally started to improve obviously I'm being careful not to catch anything else though the girl in the helpline said it takes approx 6 weeks post last chemo for immunity to return to pre chemo state so to still be careful with avoiding infection but to still be able to go places as long as I keep washing hands use sanitiser for hands cover face if someone coughing neat me and yo avoid anywhere where I know someone has infections or bugs x phew at this time of year too going to be hard!!!!
Highlighted

I have been moved!!!! Now in medical short stay unit. Waiting to see a dr. Can’t stay awake today.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning everyone and morning treehouse, hope you had a better night and my post from last night didn’t tempt you into doing a runner like that woman did when my oh was in mau😘😘💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💕💕dance to get you home soon 😘😘shi xx
Highlighted

Jay, good luck with your appointment! Another step on the way.
Highlighted

Treehouse, glad your appetite is coming back, it's definitely a good sign, when I was in hospital with my infections I would suddenly start feeling like eating, and it was the beginning of the end,-- in a good way!! Hang on in there and try to relax, easier said than done in hospital!
Highlighted

Good luck Jay68! xx
Hope u slept better Treehouse xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Treehouse - glad to hear your appetite has returned - you're getting there. Hopefully the results come through and you can soon be reunited with the real world!

Pleased to hear you managed to have your boys in for a hug - that must have helped you too.

Have the migraines eased?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Daffodil - I do know if the radiotherapy people have any doubts about your scar or area in general they will refer you to onc to check all OK to go ahead with rads.  The upper arm area remains painful and stiff for the full 6/7 weeks.  Although my arm has now vastly improved, I'm aware of stiffness across my chest area - especially first thing in the morning when I get up - once I start moving around it improves.  

Sorry to hear about your thumb nails - make sure you protect them from infection - especially the one from the side where the lymphs have been removed.

Good luck speaking with bcn today and hope Thursday appointment can go ahead for you.  Mine's today eeekk.....!

Highlighted

Hi tatyana been awake since 5. I am definitely eating better but pulse is still 93.waiting for results today. Feeling totally detached from the real world 🗺. Hope everyone is ok.
Highlighted

Treehouse, I hope you had a better night, I'm sure you have been awake for ages by now because there's no such thing as a nice restful lie-in in hospital. I'm sure the antibiotics are doing their job by now. Sending lots of good bug-killing vibes.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Treehouse,  I did that when I was in for surgery. A nurse came over to see what I needed and I hadn't buzzed it. She realised I'd accidentally pulled it out of the wall and that sets off the alarm too. The cable is never long enough to put it in the right place and when you manoeuvre the bed up and down it gets trapped! Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Glad you saw your boys today. X

Highlighted

My mother unplugged it earlier 😂 does that count?
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse dare you to buzz your buzzer and then tell them you sat on it by mistake 😁😁shi xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

There you go treehouse you said itvin your post if you don’t feel right shout, we’ll shout that you don’t feel right about being on the batty Mau. I’ve been on an Mau all night with my oh a few years ago and it was all going on in the night, so I know what you are talking about. They had one woman do a runner in the middle of the night another bloke got up dressed and was walking out at about 4.30am with nurses running after him, it was like a carryon film I kid you not. 😘😘shi xx
Highlighted

😂😂😂😂😂Shi you had me laughing behind my curtain. The nurses are lovely and trying to chase blood cultures buts it’s sunday!! It’s just the other poor inmates bless them.
I have just seen my boys first time since Friday morning loads of hugs. Missed them loads. I know they hate seeing me I’ll. and there are lots of very ill people here. It’s scary for kids.
Take care everyone. If you don’t feel right, shout. Lack of appetite was the dead giveaway for me.
Also decided to disinfect my smart phone. I take it everywhere ( even the loo) god knows what bugs it has!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse, have you thought about joining in with the shouting and keep pressing the buzzer every 2 minutes, they’ll soon want you off on a ward ... just an idea and it might work and get you moved quicker. Worth a try 😘shi xx
Highlighted

Treehouse, I really hope you get some rest tonight. And that you recover soon so you can go home. In my thoughts. Xx

Highlighted

Jay, I'm going for my radiotherapy planning appointment on Thursday but hope this doesn't delay my treatment. I will call my bcn tomorrow and see what she says. Also painful upper arm, which she thought might be recording when I saw her previously. After a month I expected to  e free from pain and redness. 

My thumb nails are also now off after lifting for the past 2 weeks. The fun never ends!

Hope all good with everyone today.

Highlighted

Still on MAU !!!!!!!!!
My end of the ward is a little quieter. We will see when the lights go out as that is when the shouting seems to start
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘treehouse sorry to hear you have to stay another night, hope they have got you on a onc ward by now and you are not still in Mau. Sending hugs and love and a 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺her treehouse Home soon dance for you lovely. 💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Mishy, I waited until end of 3rd week after last chemo before mixing too much in public but it was mid Sept so warmer and less bugs around. I was also on antibiotics throughout 18 weeks of chemo so kept pretty well anyway. I ate out in restaurants throughout chemo but was careful what I ordered and took my own cutlery!!

H

Highlighted

Sorry misyangel and Rosie. Concentration not my strongest here. Staying another night in the mad house. My kids coming to visit later. Really struggling now 😥
Highlighted

Jusr had a brisk walk too. so glad jad my thermal hat on. That wind is chilly willy!! x
Highlighted

Treehouse it's Rosie who has the long surgery not me lol mine is only one hour long

hope you are feeling better today and can get home soon xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Just got back from a lovely walk. It was so nice to get out for some fresh air on such a beautiful day. I wore hat and gortex ski jacket which is very wind proof!  

Best wishes for your busy week ahead Jay, hope all goes smoothly (except the prosthetic which should be lumpy!)

Mishy, I went in supermarkets after week 4 post chemo but chose times when it's less busy.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Extra virgin olive oil x
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy you can make your own thieves oil- 40 drops clove bud essential oil 35 drops lemon essential oil 20 drops cinnamon bark essential oil, 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil and 10 drops rosemary essential oil and just use extra virgin oil I’ve oul as the carrier oil to mix it all in. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Just I'm waiting for my rads xt planning scan appointment coming through hoping to get a date soon for starting I reckon it's probably going to be near 1st week in Dec but think I'm maybe being too optimistic haha!!
Highlighted

Treehouse I know what you mean it kind of makes you think how vulnerable we are following treatment I know ow I has last chemo and I'm on day 12 but saying I endefd up with ear infection worried about catching colds as they can so quickly get on your chest I refer for the ladies who are just starting their treatments in this time of bugs flu and cold season 😨
Mai I have had a nice walk out but had big woolly hat on scarf and hood upon coat!!! Keep the chill off, I need to get me some of this theives oil I think never got round to it!!
Sent oh to shops for some bits do shopping online but have forgot loads of things not changed in good the supermarket today!!
Can any of you lovely ladies tell me when I can go back out into the bug wide world of shopping centres etc post last chemo without risk! I feel like a caged animal kids wanting me to do some nice things with them eg meals out etc x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Treehouse - hope your stay in hospital is a short one - once the antibiotics get in the system and you start to feel better they may let you go home - where, of course, you'll recoup much quicker.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Mai - lovely to hear from you.  I'm pleased to hear your drain is out.  I found that milestone a great one personally, the freedom - amazing feeing!  

Will be thinking of you on Thursday.  

Take it easy going out for a walk - it's beautifully sunny out there but the wind chill is definitely in the air today - good to blow away the cobwebs but don't go overdoing it.

I have my rads planning tomorrow, prosthetic fitting on Tuesday and Herceptin injection on Thursday - a week quite full of hospital appointments as well as my 2 hour job each day! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Treehouse, hope you do get moved somewhere a bit quieter and hope you will be home soon. I did an Amazon Christmas and I'm so glad I did. Just be careful to check where stuff is being despatched from to make sure you get everything in time for Christmas. 🎁🎄

WolfEE, you've gone quiet. Are you ok? You was worried about lymphodema wasn't you? Hope you and your sister are doing well. X

Is it just MisyAngel and Rosie for s*****y this week? Anyone else with big appts this week?

The DN removed my drain this morning so I have a new feeling of freedom after carrying the bag around with me for 7 days. I might just carry it for comfort now as I keep feeling like there is something missing! 😂 I have my results and Physio review this Thursday. Yikes! I'm hoping to have a little walk out on this sunny day. ☀️

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi treehouse, get your oh to bring your thieves oil in and dab it on a hankie and keep it near your nose so you can keep any other germs at bay. It’s rubbish they have not got you on a better ward by now. 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💕💕sending a get treehouse home soon dance for you but if they keep you in it’s to make sure you are ok. It’s difficult when you have been there a few days, my 6 days on round 1 of chemo was 😲😲😲but because of all the love and support from you all on the forum, it was doable, without you all it would have been impossible. Try and get a bit of rest if you can ❤️❤️Shi xx
Highlighted

I know what you mean about avoiding crowded places Mishybut this ward has 14 people most are on antibiotics and 3 are double incontinent! I feel surrounded by germs and keep using hand rub.

Can’t imagine Christmas shopping in crowds ( also protective of boobs)
Amazon for everything this year!
Highlighted

Treehouse, hope the antibiotics work fast and you are feeling better. If it is sepsis then you did the right thing to go to see GP. Hope they find you a more suitable ward to be on, cannot imagine how you are coping on the one you are on. Better still hope they let you go home soon! 

Hope everyone else is doing well, Enjoy the cold but sunny Sunday 🌞

❤ Heather

Highlighted

You are def on the best place treehouse they will look after you and hopefully you will get more sleep on a different ward x they don't really tell you much about post chemo and how more susceptible you probably are due to everything that you have to go through during this honestly treehouse I'm sure people think I'm stupid for avoiding crowded places and stuff but you have to be so careful and as I said to you last night you have been through such alot, you will get there lovely treehouse don't beat yourself up rest up and let them look after you x
Hoping everyone is OK Today 5th day of antibiotics hope theyhave started to work don't feel as bad but still a little dull pain in the ear going to go back to docs tomorrow to get it checked incase it hasn't cleared I'm post chemo 12 days now have to say it's def right about it being cumulative and feeling worse after each one j def feel like it has taken me longer to get over this one I'm shattered all the time
Trisha good to see your surgery went well Mai I hope that cold isn't bothering you too much
Hoping everyone else is good x
Highlighted

Just heard the word sepsis used at hand over.
😷

Nurses are moving me away from more demanding patients
Highlighted

Hi Tree house. Dont feel to bad. Still have the dressing in but feels uncomfortable on my nipple. Keeping the non wired bra on as much as possible and see surgeon 20th for post op. Trying to be positive and hope no more surprises.... Gutted that will prob be after xmas that rads start but on a positive at least one of my daughters is spending xmas with me. Have been invited to my sisters up north but finances and the worrt of getting ill has put me off. Hope u get home soon lovely x