Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

😘😘😘treehouse, sorry you’ve not shaken the cold off yet. Keep warm and rest and plenty of fluids 😘😘😘hugs and πŸ’• and πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίdance to get rid of cold for you love shi xx
Highlighted

Thanks Trish and jay.
I have surgeon check up tomorrow but boobs look ok. It’s my head and general exhaustion. I do worry it’s a reaction πŸ™?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly Treehouse.

As you are feeling so ill, are you sure it's just a cold? Or do you think you may have an infection?  Is your operation site all looking OK - no swelling, redness or particular pain in that area?  

Rest up, keep warm - and drink plenty.  xx

Highlighted

Thanks Katie x
Highlighted

Chin up Tree house. It will get better x
Highlighted

Totally fed up of feeling sh*t. πŸ˜₯
My mum is here making me cheese and cucumbers sandwiches. Back on Chemo food as it is all I can face.
Treehouse is feeling very sorry for herself.
I feel more ill now than I did through the whole of treatment. πŸ‘ŽπŸ€§πŸ˜₯
Highlighted

Well done mai. Another finish line crossed, rest up and hope you get home soon.

Good luck too Trish!

Everyone else OK? Seems strange not having any appointments or anything to go to ! X
Highlighted

Yes use laxatives, I also had the blue/green pine cone surprise 2 days after op, it felt like it was coming out backwards too, sorry too much info, was a tad painful!

Good to hear Mai is doing ok and good luck Trish, it will be fine. We all seem to be moving on towards the finishing line!!

Doing a lot of sitting down jobs today, tired again and rubbish at sleeping, just can't get comfortable. DH has already retreated back into the spare room due to my snoring and restlessness!!

Back on to day 2 if Moving Forward course tomorrow, it is interesting but its the drive to get there and back that isn't good. May see how it is tomorrow then mention to the host that it is too much and could they send the handouts to me etc. Got to balance my 12 spoons of energy each day according to them and I used 3 driving there and back and sitting for 3 hrs...

H

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome Trisha, it’s only a little thing but it doesn’t feel like it at the time 😲love shi xx
Highlighted

LOL thanks Shi x
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Trisha, 😘😘😘for tomorrow, take it steady and rest up after, don’t try to do too much too soon and get some laxatives down you afterwards, it wasn’t till treehouse had the pine cone moment after op that i’d Forgotten to warn mai about that. Love shi xx
Highlighted

Thanks Tree house. BC nurse just called to check am good to go. Trying organise for a friend stay yhe night else will have to stay in 😞 x
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai has just text to let you all know her πŸ’© is looking after her😁love shi xx
Highlighted

Good luck tomorrow Trish. Will be thinking of you.

Mai glad you are all done and brave for looking already.
Anaesthetic is great at the time but is hard after. I am sure my lethargy and migraines has something to do with it. Be patient and take all painkillers offered x x

Buddyfan if you do damage your cuticles I use loads of sudocrem to reduce infection.
Highlighted

Pleased to see Mai is other side of op and doing well x bug hugs Mai x
Just looked at previous post a realised that alot of it was gobbledy **bleep** thanks to predictive text, but yeah I'm having rads under arm as well as breast for 4 weeks as I didn't have full nodes clearance 😊
Trisha good luck for surgery today best to get the dcis removed it's pretty standard to have 2nd surgery if there is an area of that at least it's very small, my surgeon managed to get mine out in 1st op thankfully with a clear margin but she did warn me after surgery I may have has to have a second op depending on how the path results better do get it done Trisha πŸ’–
Highlighted

Sorry meant to say blast the axillary area not test 😁 bloody predictive text xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry Trisha - I've just realised that!

Get the flu jab done - our immune systems are shot especially whilst on herceptin. x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Treehouse, I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering with the nasty cold. I agree our immune systems are shot! I read recently all about how herceptin works - it made interesting reading - I wish I could remember where I read it - as to anyone on it, it could prove useful to know. I'll rack my post-chemo brain and see if I can remember!

Have you managed to get out for the flu jab yet? I also had the pneumonia one - that one has caused me quite some discomfort - although it has taken my mind off my lymph removed arm!! Small mercies!

Good advice - don't pick the skin around your fingers! I wish I could follow that advice!
Highlighted

Hi Jay. Op is tomorrow. keep forgetting book flu jab x
Highlighted
Community Champion

LASTEST MAI UPDATE:

I've just this minute received a text from Mai which I'll repeat here for you all:-

"I'm awake and doing OK, was very sleepy after surgery and was sick in the night and early this morning from anaesthetic  They may keep me in tonight depending on how much I eat and whether I keep it down?  I've looked at my scar, they've taken a lot of tissue so it looks a bit caved in.  Going to be one hell of a rebuild next year if they feel they can attemmpt recon.  Let everyone on the forum know I'm OK"

I think you'll all agree with me, that Mai seems to be getting back on form - and hopefully we can encourage her even more once she's back on here!  

I've passed on your thoughts and good wishes to her and wished her a speedy recovery from us all. x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi WolfEE - so they're not doing your armpit area either? Next week is going to come round quick! - have you already got your tattoos etc?
22nd December is definitely a celebration day then for us 3!
I should have added, I work everyday but only for a couple of hours so hopefully it won't tire me too much! It's just I now enjoy walking the dog and doing more jobs around the home and all things combined I appreciate I do tire more - I keep being told to slow down and learn to not over-do it!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Trisha - lovely to hear from you.

Good luck with today's operation - hope you are soon up and about.

Have you managed to get your flu jab yet?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Buddyfan - the majority of us are now pass the T part of chemo and I think I'm correct in saying that whilst on the chemo our nails all faired well, I think we suffered stifness in fingers and painful fingernails but it's since chemo has stopped that the actual nail problems seem to occur - I don't think any of us have actually lost any yet?!

Personally, I have found the ridge which started off near the nail bed and has slowly worked it's way up each nail is now three quarters of the way up the nail, making the nail above the ridge to become brittle and vulnerable to breaking (lower down on the nail than would like) - it's just a case of continuing to keeping them trimmed, using nail cream and varnishing or using a clear nail protector until the ridges outgrow.  

Good luck!

Highlighted

Morning all. Still suffering with this cold. My immune system is definitely not what it was.

Hi buddyfan I had 6 x thpc last cycle sept 8. I took my nail polish off for an inspection last night.
I don’t have any half moons anymore and the last 5 mm of my nails ( near finger tips) are white a lifting from the skin. They are growing normally so I expect that will have grown out by new year. I am hoping none fall off.
I will polish them again today so no one can tell. There are 6 ridges one from each cycle.
Keep your cuticles moisturised and try not to pick.
Highlighted

Hi May ladies, I'm from October. For some reason I'm T-FEC rather than FEC-T . I wondered how your nails are fairing on T and when any nail SE symptoms start showing themselves.
Highlighted

Jay Trisha wolfee I had my rads meeting yesterday, having breast and axilla radiotherapy 4 weeks the axillary is because they only removed six nodes and one had a macrometes in it, so they want to test axillary area too she explained it wasn't a necessity but an extra ins I will be at more risk of lympodema but a filkl5bide clearance would have put me at risk anyway so quite happy the 4vweeks is due to having boosters on final week ( down to age) just waiting for planning scans I would invading ill be starting in around 4 weeks!
Highlighted

Hi ladies. Yea I am ok. Had a lovely walk in Teignmoith yesterday (near Exeter) Am nil by mouth from midnight and a volunteer driver pickinf me up at 7am for another op. Surgeon wants to go to previous lumpectomy sire and remove anotjer 3mm becaise of this gene rhey have found. DCIS.
She said about lymph node removal but said coukd2have radiotherapy on them same time as my breast which I have opted for. Radiotherapy meeting 23rd Nov and been told will need or for 4 weeks. Felt rough dor a cew days after my Herceptin but it passed fairly quickly. All rje best for those with treatments this week xx
Highlighted

Jay your radiotherapy sounds exactly what I’m having. I start next week on 16th November. My last one will be 6th December.
Your last one 22nd December is mine and my sisters birthday.
Good luck with Work it’s good getting back to normal things but it will exhaust you just take it easy don’t plan things for the evening if your working that day. I’ve enjoyed getting up and getting out feeling I have a purpose again but it does make me tired.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Daffodil  -  So my appointment with the onc today did turn out to be all about rads! (thankfully).  She reiterated what the surgeon had told me - chemo and surgery had got rid of the cancer and I was now free.  They are proposing rads and herceptin injections as the belt and braces to stop it returning.  I'm having rads to the chest wall on the right and collar bone area.  Hoping planning appointment will be next week then apparently it takes 2 weeks for the planning to all be done and then rads (fingers crossed) will commence 4 Dec - 15 sessions meaning my final one would be Friday 22 Dec......!!!  

I'm now going to return to work until rads begin - but not until Wednesday!!  I need one more day of freedom!

Highlighted

Great motto. How was your appointment, Jay?
Highlighted

Mai, hope you are out of surgery and feeling okay. Relax and get well soon. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, thinking of you and 😘😘😘hope everything went well. Love you shi xx
Highlighted

Mai, thinking of you. This time tomorrow you’ll be back on the ward and in recovery and feeling relieved and proud.
Good luck xxxxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Thanks for sharing heather. I am now blubbering. ( good job the house is empty)
Very powerful poetry.

Hope you are ok Mai. Wearing the back opening gown and finding all my skin had been dyed pink .
Hope you get to put your pjs on soon and eat something. X
Highlighted

Hi

I would like to point those of you on Facebook to a lovely page of poems written by someone on the Triple Negative Warrior private group. She says it like it is so sorry in advance for the swearing but her poems about cancer sum it up so well and you will be able to relate to them.

See the page called A warrior's words : poems of cancer

Edwina is an amazing poet, a skill she learnt during treatment! This is her own page and not part of the private group.

Heather

Highlighted

Hi all, I've been away over the weekend with a group of girl friends, it was so lovely to get away, 10 of us rented a lovely house near Portsmouth and just chilled out. Have been doing it every year since kids were small and I wasn't sure at one time if I would be able to go, so pleased that it was possible.

Glad to hear that those who had colds/aches are feeling better. I'm desperately trying to avoid getting anything before s*****y

Mai - too late for me to wish you good luck but hope all has gone well, am thinking of you and look forward to an update when you're able.

Highlighted

Thanks Jay. I really hope she doesn’t have a long wait. X
Highlighted
Community Champion

MAI UPDATE :  Just had text from Mai -  she's so thirsty bless her - hasn't had a drink since 6am.  She has been visited by surgeon and anesthetist and is due to go to theatre at 2pm.  She informs me she has artwork on the correct boob - so she's ready to go!  Keep up the positive vibes for her xx

Highlighted

Jay I love your motto and will make it mine!

Treehouse, so glad that you're feeling better. I think we have to grab the good days when they come, and hopefully there will be many more.

Highlighted

Mai, I'm probably too late to wish you luck for today, but I wish you all the best and will be sending you big (gentle) hugs and positive vibes.

Highlighted

Well said jay
Thinking of you Mai.
It’s a gorgeous frosty autumn morning here.
I am starting to feel better x
Highlighted

Here here Jay lovely post and yes we are aren't we!! Thinking of you today Mai big hugs πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mai - you're going to be in my thoughts all day today - I wish you lots of luck.  You'll be absolutely fine and before you know it, you'll be back on the ward - smiling, drinking and eating, just you wait and see.

The very best bit will be knowing for absolutely sure that the nasty stuff will have been taken away and you can hold your head up high and carry on.  

From my point of view, I certainly feel no less of a woman for loosing a breast - in fact,  I am more of one - I've fought a long and difficult battle and I have the scars to show it! I've come through the other side and this will be you soon Mai.  

TO ALL LADIES HERE'S OUR MOTO  :  "We've been brave now it's time to be proud"

Take lots of care and let us know when you're up to it.  xxxx

Highlighted

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks ladies, it's just a wobble but I'll be fine. I think 6 months of chemo has been a really long time to think about it. If I'd had it whipped off straight after diagnosis it would have been easier as I was desperate then to get rid of it and disappointed that they couldn't operate, but why have I changed now? I guess part of me feels a false sense of security that the chemo has got rid of it but that is only part of the treatment needed and it must be stopped from coming back with the full triathlon. Xx

Highlighted

Best of luck for tomorrow Mai...let everyone take care of you xx

Highlighted

Mai, I totally understand how you feel. Wherever you look there are boobs everywhere. On TV, in mags, in the shops etc. The way I deal with it is I know that I had to loose my boob to save my life. It is that simple. Once you get your head around that you can start to move on and accept it. I found it difficult on holidays on the beach with ladies in bikinis and boobs everywhere but that was just a few days. I know I made the right decision for me. 

❀ H

Highlighted

Yeah Mai you are strong you have already dealt with some crap during chemo and the anxiety are pretty normal in the circumstances I think x take care and thinking about you tomorrow πŸ’–
Highlighted

Good luck for tomorrow Mai x
Highlighted

Get the bas**d out Mai.
We come to terms with our new bodies later.
I Had a wobble yesterday Wanted to rip the things out of me as it still feels weird.
Took a deep breath and more pain killers and I’m fine again.
We can not be expected to just do this without having issues with our self image. And feminity.
We will get there and loving partners are also vital.
Be patient with yourself x x x
You are super strong Mai and you have helped so many of us through this journey x
Thank you