May 2019 Start

I am starting chemotherapy on May 3rd. Is anyone else due to start in May? 

I am trying to find any tips and advice for reducing possible side effects and have read that fasting pre and post chemo may help? 

Hi SP  my second cycle is 2nd May, today is day 10 of cycle 1.  Popped in to say anything with ginger has been brilliant.  Coffee tastes foul but tea tolerable - taste generally affected, hoping that will reduce as the days go by. Have not been nauseous but getting bad wind both ends!!!  Rennies/gaviscon good.  Needing to nap like the grandchild.    Wishing you all the best.

on herceptin, pertuzemab, docetaxol   HER2+

Al

Hello 

I’m starting my treatment on 9th May - it’s going to be every three weeks for six sessions. 

I have no idea what I’m doing, or what I should be doing to prepare for it all - part of me thinks that I should be out having the best time I possibly can before it all starts, and the other half of me thinks that I should be drinking spinach smoothies and going to bed sober and early every night! 

I’m sorry I can’t help with your questions SP, but at least we’re in a little gang of three (so far). 

Sending you both lots of sunny good vibes. 

Cheryl x 

Hello, I was a May starter in 2017 and after 8 rounds of chemo, surgery and rads all is good.  I was stage 3 at diagnosis so I hope this gives you some faith that you can get through this. Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum:  lifeafterlola.com/

You can also ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day.

Here is the BCC guide on chemo:

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment…

Best wishes xx

Hello

I was due to have a mastectomy on Monday, however the plan was changed yesterday and will now be starting chemotherapy in May, my first one is due to be w/c 6th May.

I had done all my reading about the surgery and am now trying to catch up re chemotherapy. I don’t know the details of my plan yet, have an appointment next week which should provide the details.

I would also appreciate advice and will share any that I find.

best wishes to all.

Xxx

Had my first chemo treatment last Wednesday. Had nausea over the weekend but a week later I now feel ok. Should I expect anymore side effects before my next treatment? Will I feel worse after next treatment? 

Hi 

I am due to start tomorrow. Like yourself I’m interested in any advice also x

<Empty imported post>

Hi, 

Can I join this group please? I’m new to the boards and still trying to navigate my way round. Started my first cycle of Fec-t last Monday. Hope to share some advice tips and some hand holding too.

Mangomum