330236posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2019 Start

3 REPLIES 3

Re: May 2019 Start

Hi Kelly, it would be lovely for you to join us on the May 2019 thread.  Like Kelly said, just go into the thread and click reply on the latest message 😊

Hiya Kelly

glad you’re feeling ok after your 1st EC. To get on the thread for May 10, you just click on the heading then reply to a post.

Regarding work, it’s completely up to you. I’m also on EC and would say tiredness really kicked in with me, so maybe see how you are for the full 3 weeks and if you’re ok, maybe go to work after your 2nd cycle. Just remember though not to over do it. 

You’re also more prone to picking up any little illnesses so it would depend what you do in NHS, you don’t want to be around people who are coughing & sneezing all day x

How do I get this in the right thread??

May 2019 Start

Hey everyone,

I had my 1st EC on Friday, and apart from the tiredness I really haven’t felt too bad. Have had headaches, which I just took paracetamol for. I done my 1st injection yesterday, only 6 more to do !!! Do we do this always after treatment, I forgot to ask. I have 3 more treatments of EC and then 4 treatments of Paciltaxel, over 16 weeks. What are people’s thoughts on going back to work?? I was planning on going in tomorrow to see how I get on, probably just do a couple of hours. I work for the NHS, so if I feel ill, I am in the right place. 

I need my life to be a bit normal. I lost my husband just over 3 years ago, very suddenly, he was 46 and I was 49 at the time. So this has made me very strong and independent (although some might say too independent) I am not one to sit around, I just need to get on with it. But I will know when I need to stop and take a rest. 

It has been so good to read everyone’s experiences. 

Keep well everyone

Kelly xx