cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

May chemo starters 2018

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May chemo starters 2018

Hi Michelle speak to your unit about colouring your hair to be on the safe side darling. Linda the antiseptic wipes with alcohol are to stop you being sick as the anaesthetic wears off you can suddenly feel sick and my nurse shoved one of those under my nose and told me to breath in and the smell of it stopped me being sick after my op. So I just wanted to pass the tip on. Tropical ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿปโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ the walks just something to keep in mind if anyone fancies it, 26 miles of everyone nattering away would soon go, just you concentrate on you and getting your routines back at your own pace, we are all different and everyoneโ€™s stamina returns at its own time โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธYou brilliant ladies ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจShi xx

Hi all,

Good to hear that rads are ok Sarah..I have a scan next week then rads start on the 8th. I feel ok now on day 14.. Even think taste buds might be returning. Touch wood I haven't lost any nails..how long do I have to wear this awful dark nail polish for?

i too have the thigh muscle fatigue...thought it was just me. Determined to get stronger now and fitter. It feels so good to be finishing my last antibiotic and clear my head of drugs! Still have all of the infusions to come and no doubt tamoxifen for years to com and the hot sweats but looking forward to having my head of hopefully curly hair back, even though it's now grey. I read that you can colour with henna and natural products after two or three months and permanent chemicals after six months but not sure. I'm going to ask my friends who've been through it all.

Well done all for finishing chemo but please as Shi says com on here every so often as I've loved our little group and it would be a shame to lose touch. Jem please also set up the Facebook page when you can as that would be a great way to keep in touch and plan our meet up for next year. Don't mind which name..will have a think.

Shi, I'll give the walk some thought..the way my legs feel I doubt I'd make 26 miles! Thanks for your amazing support through the bumpy flight and helping us to land safely x

I'll be popping on here to post every so often still as find it really helpful and I want to know how you're all doing. Take care all,

Tropic_al X 

Jacqb yez its 3rd oct.i was shown in the mirror what i will look like afterwarxs and he also drew a pic.x

Hi Linda
Thank you for your best wishes ๐Ÿ˜Š I am so upset about my surgery and just hoping I can hold it together today. I get very tearful even thinking about it and I donโ€™t want to come across as an hysterical neurotic! I need to understand what was done and hope to get answers to my questions. I do find the medics quite daunting.
Do you have a date for your surgery?
Jacq x

Shi what are the antiseptic wipes with alcohol for? Sorry i am not sure what that symbol means? Ta.x

Hi Shi
I finished chemo in July and was wondering if you knew whennitnis ok to start dying hair again and do you have to use a particular type? Thanks x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Linda, dressing gown sounds lush โค๏ธโค๏ธGood to treat yourself, get a pair of sliders too because they will stick a pair of flight socks on you after op that you need to wear for weeks after and get a spare pair in from boots too. Take lip balm and hand cream in with you too your hands and lips will dry out and some antiseptic wipes with alcohol just in case you get ๐Ÿคฎafter the op it can happen and the brilliant nurse that was with me stuck one of those under my nose and it stopped me ๐Ÿคฎso just wanted to pass that truck onto you โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจโœจto everyone Shi xx

Well am day 15 and getting some thigh pain but not too bad. Still loose when go to the toilet but taste is coming back. Had my pre op yesterday over the phone so just need to arrange a blood test for when my picc line is flushed on 26th as my neuts should be ok then. The hospital said best to go to docs for it but makes sense to get it done with picc as long as the results get to the other hospital before op. The hospital here said they would look out for them and make sure. I ordered a new dressing gown which arrived today from White Company and am waiting for expander from Japan I ordered a few weeks ago for new sports bras. Hope you get answers and good results tomozJacqb. It would be good to meet up after op and rads so I will be done in December all being well. Take care all and thanks. Must cancel my dentist appointment in 4 weeks and rearrange maybe in Jan. X

Hello ladies hope everyone is ok and se improving for everyone. I'm on day 2 of rads and agree with u Sarah it's a lot easier than chemo. The breath and hold is going fine. I have 13 rads to go and then an appointment in November with oncologist. No tamoxifen for me so all being well will be discharged in November. I have now lost every fingernail and two toenails which makes opening things a nightmare. The pain in my thighs are getting a little better but walking uphill is still so hard. Well done Tracey on finishing chemo hope you are feeling better. Look forward to seeing everyone on Facebook โค๏ธ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jem, I donโ€™t do Facebook. Please all pop on this thread from time to time and let me know how you are getting on, you are all beautiful amazing ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ชladies Jacqb, youโ€™ve parachuted out over Italy, captain costas will be picking you back up after op and getting you to Greece safely soon ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจjem, get your girls meet up arranged, itโ€™ll give you all something to look forward to and itโ€™s amazing when you do all meet up โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ A proper big celebration. A few of us are looking to do the walk through the night in London next year if any of you want to have a think about it and let me know ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจShi xx

Hi everyone
Hope all ok

Re tamoxifen... I was on it for about 6 months before chemo. The night sweats were very bad in beginning but eases off slightly. I was advised to take them in the morning rather than the evenings.
I will be back on them again soon and I already suffer with night sweats.
Xx

Hi Sarah, I know I got to the point of dreading going to bed and that has always been my favourite place. Try not to think about it - itis v possible that the sweats u got last night were because of chemo. Iโ€™ve got 100% cotton and silk nightwear now which def helps. And not drinking any alcohol, although boring, also seems to help me.

@Hets67...night number one of tamoxifen and I had two dripping hot sweats!
And really dizzy getting out of bed, but that could have been from lack of sleep.
Feeling fine now, buf dreading popping another of those shiny pills of doom later on!

Sarah xx

Well done guys, canโ€™t beliefe we made it to Greece! Jacqb weโ€™ll save the best bed by the pool for you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป.

Re tamoxifen, Iโ€™ve been on it now for nearly a month. I have really struggled with night sweats and bone pain, but I honestly think itโ€™s trial and error (people get affected differently by different brands for example). This week I will be transitioning away from tamoxifen and onto zoladex (monthly) and anastrozole. Slightly dreading that because I think it makes night sweats even worse ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hi Jem
Sadly Iโ€™ve been left at the airport!๐Ÿ˜ž
Iโ€™m on the ROSCO trial so my treatment has been split starting in May whith 4xT followed by surgery then 4x FEC. Iโ€™m recovering from my op at the moment and will re-start chemo in October. If you should create a FB Page I would love to join to keep up to date with everyone.
Enjoy the beach girls, Iโ€™ll get there eventually ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Jacq x

@TraceyMac...congratulations on finishing chemo!

@Tropic_al...rads is fine, a walk in the park after chemo, although appointments are all over the place!
7.45am yesterday, anytime between 9am and 5pm last week and this week all before 8.30 in the morning.
6 down, 14 to go...

The only downside is I thought I saw a familiar face
there last week, had it confirmed on the weekend...the daughter of a near neighbour who I taught in primary school is one of the radiographers!
The idea of her drawing on my boobs with a marker pen and monitoring my breath holding...I'm sure she's wonderful but I'd be really embarrassed Smiley Happy
Luckily, she hasn't been on my team yet but I change machines for the booster week!

@JemPD...I started tamoxifen today was really dreading 10 years of pill popping a hormone tablet.
Shocking night sweat tonight, but not sure if that's coincidence as I've had random sweats throughout the chemo, but this feels different.
A month out of my last docetaxol I've still got muscle fatigue in my legs, particularly the thighs, and especially when walking up even a slight incline.
And they're definitely feeling stiffer when bending.
But on the plus side the oncologist said my bloods were recovering well and signed me off appointments for two years!!!

Hoping everyone is doing well and sending a big hug,

Sarah xx

Hi all
Am I correct in thinking we are all in Greece?? If so ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š weโ€™ve done it!
Tracey - I hope se are better today.
Iโ€™m doing ok but agree with many of you the muscles aches ๐Ÿ˜ข. Also the fatigue just hits me like a bus but improving.although after such a busy weekend chn and OH exhausted too!
A few questions
1) anyone started Tamoxifen - how soon after chemo did you start? What are the se so far? How soon did they kick in- as you can see Iโ€™m a bit worried.
2) fingers- does anyone have sore fingers? Esp those on docetaxel- all nails ok at the mo, not numb but sore.
3) tomorrow Iโ€™ll try to email each of you re Facebook page - any suggestions on name??
Trying to have a โ€˜normal week before rads start next Monday . I think Iโ€™m coming out of chemo fog as Iโ€™m looking round my house wondering how and when it became so disorganised! Trying to pace myself and sort 1 room a week- that will keep me going until Christmas!!
Jem xx

Well, I just posted a long essay, only to have it disappear into the ether Smiley Happy
I'll post again in the morning xx

Congratulations @TraceyMac for finishing chemo xx

@Tropic-al - rads are going fine, 6 down, 14 to go!

The only downside is the appointment times - last week were all over the place, today was 7.45am and the rest of the week are all before 8.30am!

Oohh, and I thought I saw a familiar face last week, which a friend confirmed for me on the weekend - a near neighbour's daughter who I taught at primary school is one of the radiographers!!!

I'm sure she's wonderful, but I'd be so embarassed if she was the one drawing on my boobs with a marker pen and monitoring the breath hold Smiley Happy

Luckily so far she's not been one of the team I've seen, although for the booster week I move to a different machine.

Today marked four weeks post chemo, and the oncologist signed me off appointments for two years Smiley Happy

He also started me on Tamoxifen for 10 years, not too keen on that, but took the first pill today.

I've still got muscle fatigue in my thighs, particularly when walking on even a gentle incline, alongside the random clammy head sweats, but the fatigue is lifting.

Hoping everyone is well and sending a big hug,

Sarah xx

Thank you all for my welcome to Greece.
It's a good feeling to be finished chemo, just gotta ride out this bone pain which started a few hours ago, typical day 5 for me and the coated tongue now resulting in goodness knows how long of not tasting food.
We are doing so well getting through this, the fact that this too shall pass is keeping me going this time.

I will start 15 rads from October 9th so I have a few weeks to recover from chemo then move into the next phase. One day at a time.

Happy Monday ladies, here's to a better week ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿคž๐Ÿค—

Hi all,

TraceyMac, well done and welcome to Greece.

i'm on day 10 and also struggling with tasting food. It's just like something is missing every time I eat something. Just had homemade roasted tomato and red pepper soup though and it was lovely. Hopefully that means it's coming back.

Otherwise feeling ok now, gradually felt better since day 7 so hopefully over the worst, fingers crossed.

Sorry that some of you are suffering more SEs...I hope they decrease soon.

Still have three weekly infusions of Herceptin and permuzutab till next year so still in that cycle of three weekly events but will just have to deal with that and hopefully can do done at home if I want to. At least it's not chemo!

Rads a few weeks away yet..hope you all get on ok.

Sarah..how are your rads going? I think you started this week. Hopefully all's good.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. Glorious here..all helps.

Tropic_al X

Well done Tracey Mac I hope the SE are proving manageable.
JemPD sounds like ur coming out the other end, youโ€™ve done it!!!!!
Jo have u tried popcorn? Another favourite of mine through chemo was watermelon.
My scan was clear!!!! Still get a lot of pain at night onc said if it gets a lot worse let him know and โ€˜weโ€™ll go back to the drawing boardโ€™. But Iโ€™m not expecting to. Gp has given me some painkillers.
Next step is next week when I have the implant in my belly to stop my ovaries producing, and then I come off tamoxifen and onto the other one (canโ€™t remember any names!). But Iโ€™m hoping that combo will be no worse than tamoxifen from which not only do I have achy bones, but feel cool most of the day and night time is just a nightmare of continuous sweats and then chills. I even bought myself a cotton nightdress yesterday in the hope that would be more bearable. Not much. Iโ€™m not going to have any alcohol tonight asive heard that can mean u get less sweats as well. Any tips gratefully received!

Hi Jo
Pleased you made it downstairs today - step forward and another step away from chemo ๐Ÿ˜Š. I totally agree side effects worse with this one- cumulative effect I think. I woke up this morning and just felt so much better๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Taste- awful, feeling your pain. This time for me if I try and eat anything with butter it just tastes like my mouth is full of lard๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–. But today I ate the same dinner as the rest of the family.
This is the last time we need to go through side effects ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
My rads start on Monday 24th for 3 weeks.
Do you know what surgery you will be having ?
Take care, each day another day further away from chemo๐ŸŽ‰
Jem xx

Well done Tracey Mac ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰Another one over the line ! Rest up now
Hope hip scan all fine Hets
Jem , its been definitely the worst of all cycles and canโ€™t work out why but today I managed to get dressed and make it downstairs which has not happened for three days . I feel very weak from not eating for a 7 days other than porridge or weetabix . I have definitely noticed more mouth changes this time like my inside cheeks are burnt . But hopefully turned a corner today . I also got good news in appts have come through for my scan and surgeon appts both for next week which has been quick so hopefully a plan in place soon.
Glad your pre rad scan was ok and a massive symbol of chemo ending with the picc line going . When do you start the rads ? ๐Ÿค—

Hi Herts

how did appt with oncologist go today?

jem xx

Tracey Mac ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€well done, welcome to the post chemo Greece. You've done it ๐Ÿ˜€

Sorry you had vein problems. Now time to relax and remember any se are for the last time.

Day 10 post chemo today- I woke up this morning and felt like me once more. Can't say it's been a fun 10 days but through it at last. OH has been great at keeping me focussed on this is the last time.

PICC line was removed on Tuesday- felt a big step, no more clexane injections ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰. Also had my pre radiotherapy ct scan on Tuesday- not much fun but all ok. 

Jo - how are you doing?

take care Jem xx

Hello lovely ladies,

I have just finished my last chemo and rang the bell at Velindre Cancer Centre.

I have been there 5 hours as I had vein access issues but Amy saved the day and treatment was completed. I have a 3 week break before 15 rads bit it's a great feeling to be done the chemo. Fingers crossed that the side effects are manageable. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

Hey team Iโ€™m really sorry Iโ€™ve been away for a while (again!). Been sorting out children (again)!!!! Sounds like youโ€™re all the other side of your last dose (albeit not the 3 weeks) - have I got that right, is anybody still waiting for their last chemo? Iโ€™m sorry to see some rough times being had and I will make a point of coming here every day now. Facebook def better for me - HETTI NANTON Been reading your posts. Like you lots and lots of aches, my hip is still bad at night (will get MRI results Thursday when I see onc but I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s anything sinister or he would have called me earlier ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป. Walking up hills - no way!! Iโ€™m also managing about 6000 steps but Iโ€™m thinking of finding a PT who can devise some kind of wholistic recovery plan because I feel I may have a chance then. Iโ€™ve started tamoxifen as u know - SE largely seem to be ongoing aches - I feel about 90 in evening - and I seem to feel permanently cold, albeit interspersed with sweating at night. Night time is my bad time - pain in hip, boob, arm (veins from chemo), sweating but cold mostly, and last night to cap it all I woke up with bad heartburn. Re tamoxifen Iโ€™ve heard if u take it at night and swap brands til u find one which works, itโ€™s ok. I listened to the You me and the Big C podcast from end August re pain. I found it REALLY helpful!!!! Albeit deeply profound because it was the last one Rachel Bland made. Xxx

Hi Jo and Jem
I know you are both having a difficult time emotionally today. It will get better this is just a bad day. You are at the end now and itโ€™s surprising how quickly you can move on mentally from chemo once you are out of the cycle. You can do this not long now. Xx

Hugs to all suffering se today. We can do this, 1 day at a time . Relaxing on a beach in Greece is what we all need ๐Ÿ–โ˜€๏ธ
Linda - apparently I wonโ€™t need tattoos - something about a new machine using lasers around the room??? Iโ€™ll let you know after Tuesday ct scan,
Tracey_Mac - nearly there ๐Ÿ›Žwe are waiting for you to join us post-chemo.
Iโ€™ll try and sort Facebook next few days after se,
Jem xx

Hi all, 

Just catching up with you all. The happiness of the last chemo soon disappears with SEs doesn't it. Interesting reading your comments of achy muscles in legs as that's exactly what I have too. Pretty tired today and finding it hard to get going on day 3. Guess we all need that sleep on the beach! I'm just going to take it easy for the next few days to get through the worst bits. Hoping to build up my exercise once the cycle three weeks are over but looks like it might take some time. Having Herceptin does make me want to try though. 

Will also find out how long the immune system is lower for but at least I feel I can re-join society a little more soon ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

My rads start in October so will be interested to see how you all get on. My mum went through it years ago and was fine but not after chemo. I'm trying to be positive about it and just get it done. One more thing to tick off the list ahead of winter.

if someone is starting up the Facebook group then let me know if I have to message someone with an email address. I've never set a what's app group up before without having phone numbers of people as a contact, but if that's the way to do it then message me your numbers with your name and I'll attempt to do it ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Hugs to all X

I am not keen on the tattoos and am going to ask re using a plastic see through cover that can be used instead and marked up with scars and birthmark. Has anyone else used anything else other than tattoos for radiotherapy?

Feeling very tired yesterday and today after finishing chemo on Wednesday but was the same last cycle. Been listening to the podcasts on Spotify which I recommend. I seem to have constipation again even though not taken any anti sickness tablets and my mouth is dry and gums are bleeding again . Hope everyone is ok as its a love!y sunny day in the south west! X

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading everyone's posts and hoping that you are all recovering and coping with side effects and emotions.
I am fighting off a cold which has been hanging on for a couple of weeks now. Last chemo this week so fingers crossed my bloods are okay with fighting this virus. I really want to ring that bell and join you all for cocktails on the beach xx

@jo and @jem sending a big hug xx
The pre radiation appointment is fine...I was nervous about gettingcthe tattoos but they are tiny and the procedure is quick and virtually painless.
You will talk with the radiology doctor before being lined up on the scanner to check everything is looking good on the computer.
Most bizarrely I had to strip my top half in a corner of the room with two radiologists present, yet was given a modesty gown to put on to walk the six steps to the machine Smiley Happy
Hope yob start to feel better soon.
Hard to celebrate the end of chdmo when the side effects are kicking on, and I definitely wasn't prepared for the muscle pain.
Or the continuation of the random chemo/menopahsal sweats that leave me with a clammy head!
On the positivd sode my baby hair is looking quite fluffy now, although my lower eyelashes have now completely departed, leaving me with really watery eyes outside.
I also failed a field of vision eye test on one eye and have to be retested on Tuesday...the optician thinks it was due to fatigue and eye watering as it was at the end of an hour long appointment so fingers crossed!
I have heard that chemo affects the eyes and they can take months to return to normal so I'm hopi g it's a temporary blip.
Sarah xx

Hi Jo empathising - feeling the same today๐Ÿ˜–.
Re tamoxifen- in my very positive way thinking of all the 1000s women who donโ€™t have horrid side effects donโ€™t write about it, therefore only a few. If have se then perhaps look at changing brand.
Iโ€™m trying to remind myself 1 cycle at a time, 1 step at a time.
My 12 year old bought his acoustic amp yesterday for his guitar- Iโ€™m trying to smile on the outside but ๐Ÿ˜ขinside.
Think we need to rest in Greece for a while ๐Ÿ–
Take care xx

Morning All , well this euphoria of the last chemo hasnt hit . I like you jem have been in bed since friday. The leg pains ( arthritis in knee from youthful gymnastics ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ days) are constant . I have now exhausted all anti sick and convinced none of them work . I cant even take dear Basil out ๐Ÿถ... I think this is the lowest I have felt mentally since the whole diagnosis. It didnt help that yesterday to research what happens next re op rads and tamoxifen I found found myself reading pages of ladies with horrible side effects . Unlike you ladies who seem quite fit , i wasnt a runner or gym bunny before but I so realise the benefits of being in good shape when something like this hits. I want to get my body into a reasonable healthy state and these muscle aches are just stopping me even walking ! ... sorry ๐Ÿ˜ being miserable... everyone in family out today doing normal stuff and i have said i am fine just so they get on with stuff ... sending a big hug to all ... grumpy jo xxx

Morning Tanya and Sarah - I experienced the muscle pain cycle 5- climbing hills and cycling. Not much strength in my hands at the mo. Consultant explained drugs attack all cells in body & muscles become weak. Slowly building up is the key- Tanya Iโ€™m walking too & finding a bit more difficult . Iโ€™m looking at yoga at Haven Breast Center. Think it will take time but I will need to be focussed- my main aim before Christmas is to build myself up- heatltjy eating and fitness .
Good news- not in hospital yesterday ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ‰but the worst se day- slept most of the day & night! But just few days to get through.
Sarah - good luck for tomorrow. I have pre rads ct scan on Tuesday- did you have one? What happens? Rads start 24th for 3 weeks. Have script for Tamixifen๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–to start 3 weeks post chemo- feeling a bit worried about this.
Hope you all able to enjoy your day xx

@tanya this muscle fatigue after chemo finishes is definitely not something I was expecting!
Here's hoping it's short lived.
Have yoh started on Tamoxifen yet?
I'm hoping to avoid it until after radiation, but I have an oncologist appointment on 17th September and am expecting to be presented with the ominous box of tablets.
Sarah xx

Hi Sarah how are u x I'm exactly the same as you regarding the pain my legs ache really bad most of the time and hills are terrible I even get out of breath. I also get lower back pain kind of like period pain but without the period my last one was may so not sure if they will return or not. I have started walking every day and now doing 6000 steps but finding it hard to get to the recommended 10. I'm also finding it hard to get rid of the weight I put on through chemo which is a stone and a half and constantly feel bloated. But the same as you thank God no more steroids. Good luck for Monday let me know how you get on. Well done to everyone who has finished treatment and stay strong to you ladies who are nearly there x

Hello!

I've been away from the forum for a week or so but wanted to add my congratulations to all who have just finished their last chemo xxx

I finished my last chemo nearly three weeks ago and it's a wonderful feeling knowing there's no steroids to take tomorrow and no chemo on Monday!

Chemo has now been replaced by radiation, first session this Monday.

What I have noticed since finishing chemo is an increase in muscle pain and weakness, particularly in my legs.,It's mostly my thighs, and I can really feel it going uphill, even on just a moderate slope.

My dad's brothers take a chalet at a local beach in the first week of September every year, and we always do a lot of (hilly) coastal walks.

I managed the hikes, but - oh my goodness - the hilly bits nearly brought tears to my eyes this year!!!

Has anyone else suffered increased muscle fatigue after the end of chemo?

Sarah xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Linda I think itโ€™s about 6 months after chemo that you need to be bit vigilant for but best speak to your team and go with their advise โค๏ธโค๏ธ Jacqb please donโ€™t be too hard on the district nurses, they are overstretched and also donโ€™t get given correct dressing to change you with either, I had the same after my op, itโ€™s not their fault but I have to say her manner with you leaves a lot to be desired to say the least, maybe sheโ€™s got something going on in her life too and was not in the correct frame of mind when she was like that with you? ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸปJem are you leading the conga round the busses ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐ŸปThereโ€™s a good line on ladies now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘well done all of you beautiful ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ชamazing ladies ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคชdonโ€™t forget the club Tropicana thread awaits when youโ€™ve done ops and rads โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจShi xx

Hi Jem
Thanks for asking ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™ve decided to ask when I go on Monday to have my drain removed. Itโ€™s a fifty mile round trip and I just couldnโ€™t face the prospect of them asking me to come to the hospital. I just want to clarify that they do need to be careful as the district nurse made me feel that I was making a fuss about nothing. If I find out I need a chest X-ray to check it then I will get in touch with the district nurse manager. The care from my district nurses has been terribly hit and miss. Whereas the chemo nurses take such care over the dressing change and flush. Itโ€™s a simple procedure but I think the district nurses here need more training.
Jacq x

Tropic_al ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Šwell done youโ€™ve done it.
Jacq- did you sort PICC line after district nurse pulled it?
Joandbasilthedog - hope resting today has helped. The good news here is bone pain OK๐Ÿ˜Š.
Planning on relaxing over weekend.
Linda - good question re immune system. I was going to ask nurses if I should have flu & pneumonia jab - usually have flu one as asthmatic- not sure if they are live viruses or not??
Xx
ktk

Hi Linda, it will take a month or two to get your immune system back to normal. There is one research paper which suggests nine months! Kx

Well done Tropic and Leanne. ๐Ÿ›Ž๐ŸฅŠ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜Š

Does nayone know if the risk of infection continues after chemo has finished & how long for? I guess its 3-6 weeks after chemo has finished but not sure whilst having radiotherapy if there is still a risk of infection? Does anyone know as I am being asked at work as we are expanding so they need to know what my requirements are. I am just in a corner so there is still a risk & currently in another office as someone has a possible infection as they have lost their voice almost. Thanks in advance. x

Well done Tropic and well done Leanne ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž.... you have done it ... now just get se out the way ! I am in bed feeling quesy having slept mostly yesterday. I plan to keep my head down for couple of days when hopefully start to see some signs of it going . Still waiting for appts to come through re next stage which is making me irritable..... i am such a joy ! ... i am on whats app but not facebook . Have managed not to all these years but can join in needs be for a special group ! Hope everyone has good weekend xx

Congratulations Leanne ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž youโ€™ve done it๐Ÿ˜Š.

Just finished last chemo ๐Ÿ›Ž ๐Ÿ›Ž ding ding no bell in my unit tho. All went smoothly thank god after bad reaction last time was hoping Iโ€™d be ok. Just sitting waiting for my prescription to come up from pharmacy then home and chill. Booked a holiday for the beginning of October to celebrate.

Iโ€™m not on face book but on WhatsApp so if we could do a group on both that be fab.

Hope everyone doing ok have a good weekend xxx