Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Thanks if they don't want to keep experience staff that's their lose🤗

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley, glad the wigs have dried out ok and you are happy with them lovely 😘😘 hope your oh recovers soon too did you make him dip the bag in the sterile bucket at the front door when he dropped it off? I can let you have the salespersons name that sold me full set of body suits with breathing apparatus and moon mission standard material that I get everyone to put on before they come near me 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨shi xx

Otter, good to hear you got your application in. That in itself shows them you mean business and that you're made of strong stuff. Good luck with it 🍀🍀🍀🍀 at least you won't have to wait too long to hear about it. 

chemo brain chaffinch!!??  Smiley Happy xx

That should say day 8

Best of luck with the application x
I was full of dread for cycle 3 and yes I have had the usual 7 day hangover but today I’m day, I woke up feeling great and have spent a very happy morning with the radio blaring deep cleaning the house. It’s terrible when this is a treat but the weather is pretty grim so not worth going out and of course at low immunity point anyway. These are the jobs that with work etc I normally struggle to find time for but still bug me so it has really made me feel better. I’ll probably pay for it tomorrow and I’m going to have a rest for an hour or so now. You will get there ladies, keep those positive kick ass attitudes up xx

Thanks Lesley

Not sure what will happen if I don't get it 😥 think I will be offered redundancy terms

Not great timing but have C isn't ever going to be 

Hope everyone is doing ok 

Xx

hi Otter 

fingers crossed with the application .... timing is everything isn't it.  Never a great time to be going thru either situation, but combined????   

But you are obviously made of strong stuff!

Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

xx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

Hope you're all coping well.

Well, another month has gone by, and the December thread has just begun. 

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind popping in to talk to the newbies every now and then. You are all doing a brilliant job of looking after each other and any help and support that you can offer is invaluable.

Thank you and hugs to all

Sue xx

Hi ladies

Well application is in 🙃 want know if I kept my job until the end of next week just hoping lve got through 2nd cocktail🍸by then 

My lady garden is thinning and I'm the same with head I can just pull very gently on my hair and it just comes away in my hand and looks like it has been cut so trying not to comb and wash too much

Hoping it will still be ok for tomorrow then after that if it cames out will just shave. 🤕

oh bless you anadan, I wish I could give you a real hug.

We can do this, it will be a tough 7 days but we will come out the other side.  Get next week out of the way and we are 1/3rd of the way thru.

Have you got anything planned post second treatment?  I have tried to plan in treats, I find that by focusing on the positive it pushes the negative to the back burner.

But we are all different and no two of us feel the same, what works for me isn't always going to work for someone else.

Is there any particular part that is worrying you more than other?  Have you thought about having a chat with your Breast Care Nurse?

Always here xx

I’m thinking about the ladies having their treatment this week and I’m not looking forward to mine next week, feel a bit anxious...

thank goodness for that ....... I was just goggling to see if there was a support line for large bushes we could put you in touch with!!!

Joking aside, this is an utterly crap time ...... but we are all doing it together and we will rock what ever look we end up with 'cos you just don't mess with these November Chemo Girls ...... we have attitude and we aint afraid to use it!!

Just to be clear, the pic is my head hair 😜 

and by plucking I meant I pulled it gently, no equipment needed; I think I could have just rubbed it out with a sponge Smiley Happy 😃

My lady garden has been put to bed for winter!! Who knows what will happen come the spring? My hair is shedding like autumn leaves, just in time for winter
Anadan you are one brave lady, the thought of plucking bought tears to my eyes 😂
Xxx 🤗🍛💫💕

My lady garden takes it's hat off to yours!!! Smiley LOL

B1EC1743-F844-49A8-877D-BD9999C47901.jpeg

I pulled this out yesterday morning, but feel much better about it today, thanks to all of you 😘 and laughter last night. I really needed it. Thank you 😘😘😘

You are a brave girl anadan,  the thought of plucking anyting let alone my garden brings tears to my eyes!!

I cant upload any photos from my phone, I have to be on the laptop to get the functionality???

I am now sat here in curious expectation!!!

Good luck today, ladies 😘💪👊💞

We'll, I weeded my lady garden in the shower last night 😬 inspired by the conversation 😂 I plucked most of the weeds, just a few stubborn ones still there 😂 easily done Smiley Happy

I can't resist this plucking on my head though 😱 it amazes me that you can take as much hair as you wish from my head 🤔

I don't know how to attach a pic to the post ..
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley, I did mine on my own, put clippers on a grade 4, start at side and work front to back. It’s hard but liberating at same time as you are back in control. And like another lady said on your forum one of the looks for a/W is a buzz cut, so that’s handy isn’t it😘😘good luck to all other nov ladies with treatments/bloods 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Good luck to everyone today with treatments and appointments, sending hugs to you all. X 

Lesley, glad you're happy that your wigs are now nice and clean and smell better. You did give us a good and much needed laugh yesterday! So thank you for that, don't know where I'd be without all you fab ladies on this forum! I hope your hair holds on until your OH gets back and can do it for you 😬

I'm working from home again today so I'll catch you ladies later! 😊

Thanks Bythesea - I'll let you know later how I get on today 🤞
Good luck to you & everyone who has appointments today and I hope our newbies are starting to feel better 💕
Lesley I'm so Happy for you that your wigs now smell of you. My hair was thick & curly until abut day 16 and now, on day 20 it's very thin but I still have quite a good coverage. Will be wearing a stylish bamboo beanie to see m oncxx
🤗☄💫

fingers crossed Bythesea!

Hugs to everyone having their checkups or cocktails today Heart

I am pleased to report that the lady gardens/cat vomit have dried nicely overnight and look really good.  I am pleased I washed them, they smell more of me now.... which is ridiculous because I have never used the cleaning products before .... but I am happier and that is all that matters.

Himself is dropping off his spare Wahl this morning, due to his contagiousness, he will be dropping it at the door and leaving Smiley Frustrated  The plan was he would shave my hair off when it started dropping but looks like it will be another time for the big girl pants to come out and me to just crack on and  do it.

No loss at the moment, which is reassuring .... but we all know it's just a question of time.

Happy Wednesday everyone xx

Good luck today Bythesea and any other ladies that are having treatments, bloods or appointments today! Hope all goes well for you!

Good luck today ladies xxx.
I'm on the ferry with everything crossed hoping they check my blood again this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day and fmb and milliemoo feel fabulous xxx

Glad to see us October ladies have managed to drag the November group down to our level this evening. I haven’t even started on tonight’s October activity. I expect it will be a blustery journey!
The humour we have had been so refreshing and so welcome. Night all x

Great - we have so much to look forward to!!! 😄🌬🌪

Night all 💤💤💤💕💕☄💫

I’m not sure which thread is making me laugh more tonight, October or November. I don’t know what I would do without you ladies, could not imagine these conversations with anyone before we found ourselves on the chemo train. I can also confirm that the FEC 3 wind is a problem 💨💨😳😳 The cat has abandoned me so just working on the husband now! Hope you all sleep well xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kathleen, we all care very much about each other lovely, we are all in this together and we will get each other safely through. Sending big ❤️❤️❤️To you💕💕✨✨shi

Awwww ladies still laughing xxx. Anadan a moustache wa ha ha ha!!!! And mishy fell down the toilet Mwah ha ha!!! Here's hoping all this laughing is getting my blood count up. Sweet dreams xxx
Highlighted

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my message it means so much to know that people care.Have taken comments on board and am feeling more positive.Night night. 

Lesley, we're here anytime for a chat, a moan, a laugh or whatever xx

you are indeed a lovely bunch,  I wouldn't want to be on this **bleep**ty journey with anyone else - Heart

Meesh - I wont, if you dont!!

Aawwww Lesley, we'll all keep you company! Mind you good job it's virtual as not keen on smelly bums unless they're my own 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

We are a good bunch of buggers tho Lesley 😁😁😁😁🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕✨✨shi xx

Just me under the duvet!! Smiley Sad  

Himself has got a really really bad throat infection which the GP has said is incredibly contagious.

So he is 5 miles down the road for at least another 10 days!

Not seen anyone since chemo day - hence my activity on here ....... I have no other bugger to talk to!

A friend is coming round for dinner tomorrow and I already feel sorry for them.

But I am confident that I will be remembered for eternity as they will be naming a hole in the ozone layer after me!

🤣

At least you can warm the bed with the 💨💨💨💨 now the nights are getting cold 🤣😂🤣

I love the windy image Shi 🌪🌬🤣🤣

Xxx    🤗☄💫

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

I haven’t cold capped, there are some on Oct thread who are and I am in awe of them. I just wanted to get in, get the chemo and out ASAP not have it made any longer with a cold cap. Yep hurricane arses are the norm for both fec and t 😁😁😁🌪🌪🌪💨💨💨😁😁😁so if anyone’s oh annoys you wait till bedtime then giggle away why you blow them out of bed 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨shi xx

Cheers Lesley, am lying on the sofa with a Guinness and I'm a celebrity, contemplating the fact that windy chemo 3 cycle will be in the run up & during Christmas.  I may forgo sprouts  ... 

Enjoy your evening  xxx

🤗☄💫🌪🌬

Shi - no not cold capping - I decided early on that there was more than enough going on without sticking my head in a freezer!

Meesh - if you are trying to say that wind gets worse at chemo 3 then I think Michael Fish better put another warning out ....... 

off for a medicinal Guinness and a dose of I'm a Celeb

night night all

xx

I know! Still haven't found my charger for the lady shave, but feel weird shaving off hair when I'm desperately hoping to hold onto head hair, brows and lashes!

Oh Meesh don't get me started on the leg hair 🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍🦍

I'm here too 😁🤣😂
We would have to be proper cave girls if that was our lady gardens pre chemo!!! Mine is still determined to hold on in there 😳

Glad 💨💨💨💨💨💨💨 is a second as I thought I had a leaky value the last few days 

No yes I did mean head didn't think you could get hair pieces for downstairs😊

What is it with the leg hair? Its probably the least useful I wonder why that doesn't disappear, just another cruel joke of the chemo 🚂

Well ladies my lady garden has been baron since first fec!! I'm baldy as a coot all over no tashi or anything when I lost mine I went for a wee wiped myself and it fell down the toilet literally it went before hair on head and here was me thinking it was tough!! I'm not looking forward to its return neither! Got quite used to my baldy foof 😊

Just had to drop in from Oct thread...I couldn’t resist!! My lady garden is as smooth as a baby’s bum now.....but leg hair still intact....eyebrows starting to thin and head getting to the shiny baldy stage...just some stubble!! 😱😱 xxx