330465posts
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi Ladies xx just to wish you luck for no 6! โญ

I'm sorry I haven't read all the posts, I'll catch up later x just wanted to tell you, I'm struggling Smiley Sad on morphine at the moment,

Also got mine cream from Amazon makes feet nice and soft as I cover them then put cotton socks on 

12th should be ok for me too ๐Ÿธ

Been signed off for another 3 months as doctor thinks I will need time to recover after trestreat finishes but might have to go back before then as I will hit half pay at end of March so will depend if we can manage.

Thank you all very much xx

Yes mine from Amazon too with 10% urea

I've been slathering on the udder cream too - got mine on Amazon - it definitely helps, but I can tell when I forget!

Good to see you onboard for the Prosecco fuelled meet up Carole!

xx

I bought some from Amazon - with extra urea

Hi Elora,

I'm from the Oct thread. Where do you buy the udder cream for your feet please? x

Hey ladies count me in for the prosecco too ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, as long as I have no delays I should be able to make that too!

Hope everyone is coping with SEs today just been for my daily walk to try and keep those aches and pains away. Hope you're doing okay Anadan it sounds like you're suffering ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

One the note of peeling skin I am using the udder cream on my feet which is working well and Burt's Bees on my hands as they peeled where I had an allergic reaction. I think Burt's Bees do a foot cream too so may also be good.

Don't worry about the delay Lesley you will be helping me bring up the rear, but we will all get there soon.

Need to phone my BCN today to get the wheels rolling on the surgery front.

Happy Monday
Carole x

so a notorious gang of three form!! 

lets hope some of the others can make it as well

xx

12th is great, I'm in x

That would work for me - I'll put it on my calendar ๐Ÿ˜Š

FMB and JC - fan babby doshie!!

How about Monday March 12th - a month today!  

Meet up around 1pm in Covent Garden - I can book a table nearer the time ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅ‚

Lesley, I'm up for prosecco in Covent garden ๐Ÿฅ‚ xx

Round 6 - Wow ladies...can you believe we are talking about our last chemo session. I am too excited to get this over and done with!
My last session is Valentines day ๐Ÿ’— so romantic!!

Lesley - I am so up for meeting in London over a prosecco ๐Ÿ˜
March would be good...before the 27th March as this is the week the next part of my journey starts...the mastectomy/reconstruction surgery.
Anyone else having surgery after chemo finishes?

Good luck lovely ladies on round 6 we are amazing!!

Exactly Otter!!  Whats a couple of days in the overall scheme of things.

I do like to plan things out though, so calendars have all been changed, appts updated and social plans firmed up!!

I'm glad you have got yourself signed off until after rads - as you say it will give them chance to get their act together and you can really build yourself back up after the chemo.  I am sure all the travelling for rads will take it out of us..... my OH was laughing at me over the weekend.  All my appts are 0830 - he said it will give me a taste of doing 9-5 for a month - having to get up and out of the house .... I haven't worked like that for over 3 years now .... it will be a shock to the system!

I'm only to put something out there and if it goes down like a lead ballon that is just fine .... I get that we are a random group of ladies with a shared experience........

But I wondered if anyone fancied meeting up for lunch midweek in London during March or April - I'm happy to sit in Covent Garden with a Prosecco on my own ...... but always better with a friend??

xx

Hi 

I went naked to my LGFB but they did get everyone to take off and start again

Fun week doctors in minute to get him to sign me off till through rads as not going back to work till they have sorted themselves out ๐Ÿ™ƒ I'm not being the scale goat for there mess 

Clinic tomorrow then hopefully if all ok 6 Thursday ๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Sunny but cold here must get cat off my lap so I can get ready but he looks so comfortable ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป

Hope everyone has a good week

Lesley at least you have a good reason for the delay as you need to come though this safely don't want you to fall at last hurdle

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Well done Lesley, at least you have a final date now to look forward to. Have a good week

Sunny but cold here

Good luck to chemo 6 starters ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜—โ˜„๐Ÿ’•โ˜„๐Ÿ’•

Back from flush..... last one delayed.

They showed me the email that the onc had sent back 

"DOCETAXEL IS VERY TOXIC AND REQUIRES A 21 DAY BREAK BETWEEN TREATMENTS'

shouty capitals!!

So 2 weeks today I will be sat in the chair for the final full session.   I will still be going back every 6 months for the next 30 months for my zoledronic acid - but thats a quick 15 min session which is more of an inconvenicence than an event.

Off to change all my calendars!

Bythesea - the one question I have for the LGFB sessions is this.... do you go 'naked'?  I wouldn't normally turn up without some form of makeup on .... presumably that all comes off and you start again?

Have fun and enjoy it - looking forward to seeing your goodie bag!

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi harryfiddler, I ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰nearly 4 weeks ago now and start ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ“rads on Thursday, Just managing a few days away before starting ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜keep ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ชyouโ€™ll be ๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰soon too ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจshi xx

Morning, not so nice here but we've got snow yay! :0)
Jc I'm with you and all the watery eye ladies. Slept with an eye mask last night just to frighten OH ha! But better this morning This is my LGFB course today so hopefully they will have some tips.
Lesley I have had the peeling feet all the way through like they are dissolving every now and again.
Love that number 6 has come round and love the thought of photo board although I might have finished on number 5 without the party :0(
Good luck everyone with appointments today. I'll be back to report on my LGFB day and goodie bag xxx

Looks like a beautiful morning out there! - just off for my flush and find out my final date ..... can't believe I'm even saying it out loud!!

Good luck for bloods for all you lovely chemo 6 girls ๐ŸฅŠ go and sock the hell out of it and ring those bells!!

I think we need a photo board of all our final chemos to mark the end of the journey???   And it doesnt  matter if your last one is this week or in a few more weeks time - we will be holding hands the whole way thru!!

love to you all

xx

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—

JC, Shi, Otter, seeing you getting ready for #6 gives me so much strength! It's crap, but we're winning! Hope it all goes according to plan. HF xxx

I've given up on eye makeup after spending the day regretting a try last week. I've got no eyelashes to speak of now. Keep reminding myself it's temporary!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thatโ€™s brilliant no 6 already, plenty of ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ›Ž๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บthis week nov girls and our Ruthie babes and jencat from Oct ๐Ÿš‚ whooop whooop ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจโœจshi xx

๐Ÿคž all chemo 6 starters get to go this week. I can't believe we're here already, it doesn't seem 5 minutes ago I had no. 5.
Good luck to everyone this week ๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ–’๐Ÿ€ xxx

Hi Shi

No your not being a mother ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ” your advice is much appreciated as we would all agree that this ๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽข would be lonelier and harder without this place to rant cry๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

I know that personally I would not have got this far without it as at low points it would have been too easy to just give in 

I phoned unit but as usual I just get fobbed off with ' oh that normal just tell oncologist on Tuesday' ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Can't believe 6 is nearly here

๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi otter, sorry to mother hen as usual please just ring your unit about swellings, my unit advised me to ring them if any swelling on anything ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜Lesley, that sounds lovely as snow Snow White, itโ€™s on trend still isnโ€™t it as all the teens and 20 somethings were all getting theirs done grey and white werenโ€™t they ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โœจโœจshi xx

I'd love to live by the sea, lucky you Smiley Happy  I'm near Rochester xx

Hi jencat - Iโ€™m near Hythe
xx

Hi Lesley,

I'm from the Oct thread. Just noticed you're in Kent, I am too. Whereabouts are you from? x

Fresh bread sounds lovely ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

I'm going to try an give up chocolate for Lent ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฐ unfortunately knowing me I will start eating something else instead๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

I've been getting watery eyes which isn't helpful with my contact lenses ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

I am trying to be a bit more active to try and get the weight down so hopefully it will help with the swollen ankles

๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Bread in the oven JC!!

My friend who went thru this 5 years ago had really bad watering eyes on T - it's another SE appartently.

Not a lot you can do about it ..... probably need to stay away from the eye make up whilst it's doing it's worse!

My eyes look really small and piggy like with nothing on.  But I'm just convicing myself that it's not for ever and things will sort themselves out.

OH has done a thorough scalp check  this weekend and confirmed that I have hair growing all over my scalp, no bald patches, the back is slightly thinner, but coud be due to being rubbed more as I sit/lie like a little budda!  But it is snow snow white!  Which it wont be staying!! 

i'm going to let it carry on growing until I can Wahl it on a number 2?? and then let it go it's own way for a while! xx

Can't help with swollen feet and ankles etc,  I am suffering with really watery eyes. I have practically no eyelashes  and where I  put make up to enhance my eyes I water it away and am left with red puffy eyes - su h a good look!!!

Lesley, make that bread ๐Ÿž and enjoy it, there's  time enough later to go on a diet

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โ˜„๐Ÿ’•โ˜„๐Ÿ’•โ˜„

morning all

beautiful sunny day in Kent too ๐Ÿ’™ โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Anadan - I was given co-codamol without even asking for them - they expect you to be in pain .... you definitely need to chase this up for next time, there is no point in suffering when there's a solution out there.  I'm cross that they have left you to deal with this on your own!

Otter - I was told to expect swollen feet and ankles, think it's a mixture of the steroids and the T - and was told that movement was the best way to shift the retained fluid!

I forgot to take my Clarityn yesterday, so my pelvis is a little tender, but nothing I can't deal with.  My right foot is tingling, despite the reduced dosage and my heel feels quite numb.  I have also noticed that the skin on my toes is beginning to peel off .... almost as if I have bee in the water for too long??  Anyone else had this?

Wales were robbed yesterday!  some dodgy referree decisions...... not that I am bitter!!  ๐Ÿ˜—

Considering making some bread this afternoon - but then I will only want to eat it all!  But I have a diet start date marked on the calendar - 3 weeks tomorrow!

Have a safe and content Sunday xx

Hello lovely ladies โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ I'm so grateful I have you ๐Ÿ˜˜ I'm crying reading your posts xx is this normal ? ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
I feel better today, still feel a concrete block on my neck and shoulders and my jaw hurts, but my back and legs are better x I was only told to take ibuprofen, but will definitely discuss how to manage this pain next time

Hi all 

Lovely sunny ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž day here too

Has anyone else had swollen feet and ankles ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ skin feels tight and knees also look a bit puffy .is it due to steroids or maybe as I have put on nearly two stones and I've try to be good this cycle but still the weight is piling on๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Morning - it's lovely and sunny but windy here ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒฌ
Harryfiddler I had bad acid reflux and my unit recommended gaviscon. Hope it passes for you soon x ๐Ÿค—
Community Champion

Harryfiddler, reflux is horrible I get it even without chemo drugs. You can get omeprazole "Nexium" over the counter. I have it on prescription and take one a day to manage the condition, or two when it flares up.

Or call your out of hours doctor.

Prop yourself up on pillows for the rest of the night. I drink fennel or nettle tea when it's bad. Sipping hot water may help.

Hope you're feeling better in the morning - well, when it gets light! X

Anyone got a magic wand for acid reflux? My whole belly is swollen and gripy and I keep getting that horrible acid taste in my mouth. I don't want to eat anything and Iying down makes it worse and **stamps foot petulantly**. And of course it's Sunday so I can't even ring the oncology nurses and whinge at them. So I'm whinging at you guys! Sorry! 

I also heard that colitis can be a serious side effect of docetaxel but don't know what colitis is and at what point to worry. So I'm worrying anyway. The whole digestive system is much worse this time round. Any thoughts?

harryfiddler

xx

Anadan i am from 0ctober thread and really suffered with the injections but this worked best.

Take clarityn or loratadine about lunch time. Take your injection out of the fridge about 4.30 and take 2 either 2 paracetamol or 1 paracetamol and 1 cocodamol at 4.30 too. Do your injection at 5.30pm. At 7.30 pm take 2 ibuprofen. At 10.30 repeat the para/ co codamol again or if you think pain will be bad take 2 co codamol . Take a hotwater bottle to bed too - i put mine on my back.

You can repeat this so you can take painkillers every 3 hours. Also get movicol powders if you are worried about constipation.

Hope you feel better and that awful pain goes xxx

Oh Anadan, how horrible. Don't be a hero! My onc said that occasionally they admit people to the ward to manage pain. Which is not something to aspire to but his point is you're not meant to tough it out, and they have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to help. I won't take codeine because I'm too scared of constipation so he gave me a new pain killer this time -- which I haven't had to use, thank goodness, been ok on panadol. 

SEs over here deeply unpleasant but no major dramas. I've also felt quite spoilt because I organised for a friend to ring me each day to check I was alive, milk in the fridge etc, and they've all taken me out for a dog shuffle and coffee, which is very cheering. And also makes me feel justified in then spending the rest of the day on the couch! Day 4 revolting, now day 6 and still foggy but functional. If it's anything like last time it's a slow steady climb out. 

Good to hear Lesley and everyone else hanging in there. As my brother just reminded me "Winter always turns to Spring". Or, in my case, sticky, enervating Summer always turns to Autumn eventually. 

Harryfiddler xx

Anadan really hope you are feeling better and the pain has eased :0( sending love xxx
Lesley hope you are feeling better too and the pain has eased from your loss ha! x
Carole hope you had a fab day out x
Hope everyone is having a great weekend xxx

Morning anadan, hope youโ€™re feeling better, Iโ€™d ring the unit for advice.
Take care xx

Bythesea that is a stunning photo, I'm quite envious of you ladies living near the sea, it's not quite the same walking around North London, just pounding the pavements or a park. Keep up with the photos.

I've been ok this week, just catching up with friends and family so not always able to dip in.

Carole, Harryfiddler and any other chemo 5 starters this week I hope the se's are being kind

Lesley  I'm glad the reduced dose worked for you too - it has made such a difference.  Enjoy being spoiled by your OH, mine sent me flowers with the message 'nearly there ' -  I think the message is for him as much as It's for me!!

Anadan, sorry to hear you're in pain. I was recommended 1 co-codamol (500mg) with 1 paracetamol (500mg), which I took about ever 6-8 hours until the pain subsided. Have you phoned your unit?

Wishing you an enjoyable weekend - sorry but I have to say GO ENGLAND as my 3 daughter's are ardent ENGLAND fans and will watch the game in their England tops shouting & cheering. My middle daughter's boyfriend is Welsh, so it will be quite interesting ๐Ÿ™„

Right, now to tackle the washing ....

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜—โ˜„๐Ÿ’•โ˜„๐Ÿ’•โ˜„

You need some co-codamol anadan .... did they give you any? xx

Sorry to hear that what have you taken to ease the pain๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

In terrible pain ๐Ÿ˜ข I have 5 more injections, Iโ€™m dreading the next one Smiley Sad

efallai y bydd y tรฎm gorau yn ennill

I think ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ x - google translate

Lesley Lloyd!!  enuf said!!

Seriously, I am England thru and thru..... but I can't see us turning them over .... the Welsh looked very strong last weekend!

xx

A win for Wales Lesley !
My step daughter is a Wales fan so there are always mixed emotions after this fixture.
Have a fab spoilt weekend