November 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi Ladies

This thread is for anyone starting chemotherapy next week and into November.

It’s a place to come and chat about any concerns you have and to share tips about your chemo experience. Hopefully you can all support each other through this challenging time.

I had chemo last year and finished my active treatment by the end of 2016. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I’ll do my best to help!

Best wishes

Sue xx

<Empty imported post>

Thank you so much Sue. I am beginning next week and it is utterly brilliant that you are here and helping us navigate our way through chemoland. xx

Hi Anna
Glad you found us!
Welcome to the thread. Looks like you and otter will start at the same time. Hopefully you can do some virtual hand holding together!
Let me know if you have any questions. Some ladies like to be fully prepared, so I can advise on that.
There seems to be many variations on the type of chemo given, therefore side effects can vary. Also, bare in mind that alot of ladies post when they are struggling. There are many who get through without too many problems ( myself included ) but you probably won’t read about them!
Sending a hug
Sue xx

Hi ladies,

Starting Chemo 1st November. Been lurking round the October starters to see what to expect. 

Popped in here so no one feels lonley.

Speak soon x

Hi bythesea
Thanks for joining us.
Have you picked up any tips that you can share?
Sue xx

Hi Otter65, Anna Karenina, Bythesea and lovely Sue who’s always here to help xx

I start on fec tomorrow morning 10.20, must be at the hospital 1hour before for my antisickness tablets. I think I’m ready (was reading the October thread ?) I just want to get it started because the last month has been a real roller coaster. I was dreading every appointment, but luckily all other tests and scans are fine. 

I hope I don’t feel too bad tomorrow afternnon when the girls come home from school…

I am a bit worried though because my nose is blocked and my ear is popping a little… Sue, will they go ahead with me? I hope so ? don’t want to wait another week!!

Big hugs to you all xx

I think that it will largely depend how your temperature is and if you feel well in yourself. Some people have had their second round along side a precautionary course of antibiotics.
Best wishes for today, looks like you may be the driver of the November chemo train xx

Good luck Anadan,
Sending much love xxx.
Hope you feel good in the afternoon for your girls so sending big hugs for them too xxx

Devastated :frowning: due to infection all postponed for another week? ?? antibiotics instead;
I’ll be fully a November girl then as until now I thought I’m a little bit an October one too ?

Have a lovely day xx
I’m going for a long walk with the dogs ?

I’ll be joining you lovely ladies in November. Waiting for oncologist and heart scan appointments then a start date for the chemo. :smileyfrustrated: xx

Hi rabbit and welcome to the thread.
Sorry that you’re here but hopefully you can all help each other through this difficult time.
Again, I’m happy to help if you have any questions.
I might not always know the answer, but I probably know someone who can!
Sue xx

Argh!!! Anadan, devastated for you. Looks like I’ll be driving the train this month :0(
Had a wobble leaving work tonight.
Hoping all goes well tomorrow. On a mad cleaning spree tonight!!!
x

Bythesea :slight_smile: I was exactly the same yesterday - very emotional at work as it was my last day; I won’t be back quick - not recommended because the rotation of people is huge and there will always be someone caughing or sneezing :frowning:
I have an extra week for spring cleaning ?? (you have to look for positives ?)
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow xx

Hi rabbit, keep us posted x waiting is the worst xx

Best wishes for tomorrow and your driver duties.
Sorry to lower the tone so soon but…
Another tip that seems to be a common problem, is to get something for a sore bottom. Hemorrhoids and sore skin in that area. Sudocrem for soothing or ointment if the haemorrhoids appear.

Thank you Anadan, not actually started cleaning yet just curled up in bed ha!!! Borrowing thinning scissors tonight as got really thick hair and giving the cold cap a go tomorrow. Hope I don’t get carried away! Enjoy your extra week cleaning :0)
Good luck Rabbit xxx

Bythesea, good luck ???with your first chemo tomorrow. I’ve popped over from the October thread to wish you luck, I’m our designated chemo ?driver!  Remember to drink plenty of water as it helps to flush everything out. Are you having fec? If so you will have what us October girls call tizer wee! All I can say is take the meds as they tell you and you should be ok, if you do feel sick call the number they give you as they say it’s easier to prevent the sickness than to stop it once it starts. A lot of us found that it wasn’t as bad as we expected, the waiting and not knowing is much worse. I cold cap and take 2 paracetemol and 2 ibuprofen about an hour before, it’s uncomfortable for the first 5-10 mins but after that it’s fine, oh and take a blanket too. 

Hope the chemo treats you kindly!

Thank you so much Meesh, I have been stalking the October group from afar so well done to all you ladies x.
Yes on Fec so looking forward to the tizer pee but from Scotland so maybe more irn bru as we are all made from girders here :0)
Thank you Chaffinch for the bum chat but not ready for that yet ha x
And just thanks a million ladies xxx

Hi bythesea
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.
Sending a hug
Sue xx

Hi meesh
Please feel free to pop in anytime.
It’s really helpful for the new ladies to pick up tips and advice.
Thank you
Sue xx