Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

November 2019 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: November 2019 Chemo Starters,

It’s not like he/she needed to take off shoes and socks to check lol x 

Highlighted

Lol I have to show this to my son who is a math teacher no wonder kids struggle 🀣

Highlighted

Ha ha, love it

Highlighted

Oops should have gone to Specsavers xOops should have gone to Specsavers x

Highlighted

That’s brilliant and amazing that it’s your last one next week Debs; it seems like no time at all ago that we were all newbies on this thread, all just about to start chemo... Whilst you still have some other treatments to go, it is a massive achievement to have got this far and through the chemo once it’s done xx

Sorry to hear yours was cancelled KC, that must have been a bit of a blow ☹️

Take good care and make the most of your free week xx

Viv, yes I’m on pac now. That makes me pac woman.

The clumped eyelashes were not a good look and I think I need to follow everyone’s lead and get me to Look Good Feel Better so I can replace the β€œdead 3-legged spider” with a more appropriate look 😘 xx

Highlighted

Wow.. So exciting that you are nearly finished Debs. I have my 5th on 21/02 and last on 13th March.  Not looking forward to the cumulative effects of T. 

You guys on two weekly shots... I take my hat off to you as I think that extra week means you feel more normal. 

If everyone pms me their numbers then I am happy to set up a WhatsApp group xxxx

Highlighted

Not a chance, I need to see how you’re all doing. 
Presume I Will still attend chemo suite for Denusomab injections .

see the breast surgeon on 28th Feb and still waiting for appointment for  spinal surgery  so still a way to go yet! 

if anyone wants to set up a WhatsApp or email group happy to (try) and co-ordinate it x 

of course we have this thread for always and forever lol xx 

good luck everyone with appointments this week xx 

Highlighted

Oh no KC, that's rubbish. Hope you get it sorted soon and keep away from bugs!!

Xx

Highlighted

Hi lisa 

Treatment delayed a week as neutropenic bloods all over the place , which I find odd as I feel ok today !!! So just waiting to go home , lots of instructions about what to look for and who to ring but bit gutted πŸ˜–

Xx KC xx 

Highlighted

Ps. Debs you better not abandon us when you finish Chemo!!

😊xx

Highlighted

Oh Debs  I am both tragically and selfishly jealous and very happy for you that you are finishing Chemo next week. I am counting the days till April.

Is your surgery already booked in?

I also heard that it's really common to lose your fingerprint and for it not to work on your phone. Perhaps this is the perfect time for us to commit some crimes? Although we are all so befuddled it would probably end up quite comical, πŸ˜…

Lisa, I'm so sorry but your single clumped eyelashes made me giggle. The fatigue is getting me down too...

I guess both you ladies are on Pac then?

My onc rang yesterday to see how 1st treatment went and after me having a bit of a moan for a few minutes he replied 'so you've met the beast, next time will be better as you know what you're getting. Ha ha. He then said nothing about my side effects worried him so he was going to be cruel to be kind and keep my dose as it was. I was almost tempted to make up a few so that he would...πŸ˜….

Had a chat about different types of treatment around the world and he said if I could have had 3 x EC and 3 x T instead of 4 x4 and again childishly all I could think was 'next week could have been my last chemo'... Seriously need to get a grip 🀣...he's obv trying to give me the best chance so won't give him a hard time next time I speak to him

Hugs to everyone xx

Highlighted

Last chemo on Thursday 20th x yaaay 

I have to say I have hated the T. Got complacent I think since I pretty much feel I sailed through my FEC. Of course I had side effects and rubbish days, but on the whole felt well. 
T well! Reckon 4 good days out of each cycle . 

we counted up over 30 different side effects whole on chemo lol

I feel for your ladies who are having the extra infusions . 

Rash is much better today, still there but I’m not looking like a tomato anymore. 

Had to cut nails even shorter, every time I touched the end of the nail it hurt. 
Another little oddity- I have  thumb print security on my phone 

It no loner works since I’ve lost that much skin off the ends of my fingers etc. 
hugs to all xx

Deb x 

Highlighted

Hi Debs, Sorry to hear about the rash, eek, is it itchy too? 

How many more infusions do you have to go?

Highlighted

Hi KC, Is it pac today? Good luck and another one down xx

How are you coping with the weekly treatments? I guess it’s a lower dose but it still feels like your body surely doesn’t have enough time to recover properly? I hope you’re ok.

My eyebrows are about half gone and I only have a few eyelashes still hanging on. I tried to put mascara on recently once when I was going out and it just clumped the remaining few together and looked ridiculous. Just like two very fat, long eyelashes on each eye!

How are you doing Chris? And everyone else?

Highlighted

Hi Helen,

Yes I think it’s muscle pain, although I’ve had quite bad pain in hips (joints??) plus abdominal pain that is more like sharp spasms. Sunday was the worst day and it’s gradually improving.

Whereabouts in China is your daughter; is it an affected area? I would definitely keep her away for the two weeks! Even being on a plane isn’t good in terms of various infectious viruses probably flying round the cabin.

Hope you continue to feel better and have spoons to spend today.

Highlighted

Hi Viv, Yes I’m on 2 week cycle. Last time I think most of the second week I felt relatively normal, with some mild pain and mild mouth/hand/feet/skin issues but overall not too bad. I feel like I’m worse this round, but that may just be because it’s easier to remember the end of the cycle when I felt a bit more human. I am very fatigued at the moment and feeling a bit down (which I think often comes with fatigue). I keep reminding myself only 2 more to go and that thought is just about keeping me going.

Your sister sounds like what we all need, with the vat of soup. You need to send her round the country! πŸ˜‚

Highlighted

Thanks Helen my poly balm arrived today xx. 
kisses 😍😍

Highlighted

Hello ladies,

How is everyone today? 

I like the spoon theory Helen. I have a couple of friends who have chronic illnesses who must have to go through this all the time nit just the short space of time we do. I am going to count my spoons tomorrow..

I love that phoning parents takes a spoon, I def need energy to phone my mum πŸ˜…. And then think wow, that's probably what my kids think of me...πŸ€”

I was supposed to be going to feel good tonight but have had to cancel as can't get a lift and def not safe to drive!! Thanks for advice Shi.

They run them every 2 weeks so hopefully will make the next one...

I have been a bit more mobile last couple of days in that I can manage a few chores (with rests) and still walking 20 minutes each day. No strength to hold the dog though...my muscles have given up on me already. I am sure they are wasting away...

I have to keep me reminding myself that although this is the 1st of new treatment it is the 5th Chemo and bound to start draining us of energy πŸ€ͺ

My other sis has come to visit and made me a giant pot of chicken and veg soup so that if nothing else I will get some nourishment again. I've been so paranoid about my πŸ’© I've just been eating carbs and bananas πŸ˜…

Will check rest of messages to see if I've missed anything to reply too...

Highlighted

For those of us giving ourselves a hard time about our lack of energy... I don't know if any of you have seen this before.For those of us giving ourselves a hard time about our lack of energy... I don't know if any of you have seen this before.

Highlighted

Thanks for the tip Shi. I will post my haul on Friday like a teenage you tuber!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helen you’ll pick up lots of tricks and tips at Lgfb enjoy ❀️ Take your own makeup with you too, I didn’t take mine and what was in the Lgfb bag they gave me I couldn’t use, so ended up leaving without learning how to do anything. Luckily the ladies in the local boots did the Lgfb sessions and showed me how to do makeup and proper made me feel amazing ❀️❀️So just wanted to say take your make up bag too so you can use your own makeup if you can’t use what’s in the bag given to you β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi All

Glad they are sorting you out Debs..must have been scary ❀ .are they carrying on with the pacitaxol for the next one...as Shi says, maybe they can swap your regimen a bit.

I am starting to feel better...still eating much less than usual ...I am just not very hungry and eating is still unpleasant.....but as am lying around for most of the day perhaps my calorie needs are much reduced!

I definitely have cotton wool brain...quite happy to stare into space. Also I say the most ridiculous things , and my memory is goldfish-like. I have read and commented on a PhD thesis this week...i am hoping I have made some 

My eyebrows are definitely leaving the building on T...a few hairs hanging on , but looking motheaten and patchy!

I am doing look good, feel better on Friday ...will be interesting to see if they can help polish this turd,! Has anyone found it useful?

Love to all  xxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Reaction not relation sorry predictive text πŸ™„

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

If any reaction to t, see if you can go back on fec. I had relation to 2nd t so had another fec for my 6th Chemo. I know others have switched to abraxane after reaction to t. Not sure if this will help anyone but just wanted to post in case it will help πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

KC I’m with you on the eyelash etc front. 

Back with doc this morning, the rash on my face and neck was much fiercer and my face was swollen . 

Definitely an allergic reaction and although thy couldn’t say for certain they’re convinced it’s to the chemo. 
Apparently your body can say WTF during the infusion and reject it out of hand or it thinks l whoa not sure about this and on its next contact with it decides to react. 
some people get the chemo rash with every cycle. 

im on antihistamines now. 

Highlighted

Hi VivMac

I'm def woozy washed out incredibly tired and cant be bothered with much , I wake up and within an hour I'm yawning !!! 

Just been out to the shops for a few things and I'm done in now , feel totally pathetic, hubby bless him has been doing the school runs and pick ups for our 3.5 year old grandchild , I just cant muster it , these young mums with BC are heroes!!!! 

Next PAC on wednesday but that's number 3 out of 9 weekly doses so am on countdown .

Like everyone else I'm a bit panicky about coronavirus and am watching the news with trepidation , we could really do without this added anxiety in our lives really , Helen your def being sensible re your daughter !! 😷

Also noted my eyebrows are half gone , nose hair non existent and eyelashes nearly gone πŸ‘€ I'm becoming a dab hand at the makeup now !!!!! 🀑 

Love to all hugs xx KC xx 

Highlighted

Hi Helen,

That does look very yummy πŸ˜… and sorry you are chewing wasps...🐝. Never a pleasant experience.

Not surprised you are banning your daughter. I would def be paranoid. Think I am already wondering how things will develop over the next few months whilst our immune systems are down...

Man, I can't shake the woozy head. I could handle crappy body if I could shake the woozy, dizzy feeling. Doesn't help my night time toilet visits...

Anyone else feel woozy after T for this long?

Xx

Highlighted

This is what I have been having as you can just drink it with minimal mouth involvementThis is what I have been having as you can just drink it with minimal mouth involvement

Hi All

Sorry to hear about your throat Debs... I would text him to save yourself the bother of shouting πŸ˜‚... Works with teenagers with headphones in xxx

Lisa.. Is it muscle pain or something else... I am using alot of CBD at the moment... But my pains only lasted 3-4 days 

Managed a small amount of food today.. I look like I am chewing wasps when I eat... And it feels like it too. I suppose a silver lining is that I am not going to put on weight... I reckon I gained about 4 pounds on FEC. 

My youngest daughter has cooked dinner and is loading the dishwasher ❀️

The eldest is banned from coming home for 2 weeks when she gets back from China on Saturday.... So mean, but she would feel terribly guilty if she killed me off😷

Highlighted

Morning ladies, how are we all on this wet and windy Sunday? (toilet issues aside)

Im still full of cold with a sexy croaky almost non existent voice. 
it’s frustrating because Steve is harder of hearing and I can’t shout lol.

did someone else mention a rash. I’ve got one on my face and neck, had it when I saw the oncologist who didn’t seem too concerned just said take antihistamines. 

Fingers are sensitive today, I’m getting paranoid about losing a nail. 

anywsy enough of my moaning xx 
hugs to all xx 

Highlighted

Sorry you're in so much pain Lisa. Are you on 2 week cycle? Did you manage to have some pain free days?

I can def imagine what manure tastes like as they have j7st spread it on the fields outside my house...no imagination needed!!!! πŸ˜…

Xx

Highlighted

Hi Helen, Sorry to hear you’re still not able to eat ☹️ 

Have they been able to give you anything at all to help your mouth?

My mouth is more sore this cycle than the last, but I’m still able to eat, albeit everything tastes like horse manure (my mum disputed that I knew what horse manure tastes like, but I can imagine!).

I’m in a lot of pain again today, but from the last cycle I'm hoping the bad pain won’t last much more than a couple of days before it becomes a bit more manageable, as I’m feeling really rubbish. Wondering how it is possible for so much of my body to hurt this much all at once.

We have all made it from November to February (with our big girl pants) and the end is in sight xx

Highlighted

Ps, I would actually pass out if I couldn't eat...met a girl in hospital who didn't eat for 4 days... 

Highlighted

Wow, that is a long time! I am only eating bland rubbish to keep my πŸ’© under control....

Are you up and about or still crashing?

Think I might try protein shakes, might actually get some nutrition into my body...

Loved the limerick...

Xx

Highlighted

I haven't been able to eat since Wednesday...am on protein shakes...hence the weird limeric!

Hope no one has been blown away xxxxx

Highlighted

πŸ₯°

Highlighted

The women of November Chemo Starters 

All found that their lives had got harder

Chemotherapy is not fun

So they put their big pants on

And got through it with tears, rants and laughter

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies

Deb that's fantastic news, it's great to hear some good news especially when we all feeling a bit down at the moment. 

I think we all have our big pants on at the moment and have them pulled up to our boobs, well those of us who still at least one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

glands up again, don't know why it keeps hitting them, but hey ho at least I am getting out for some walks.

stay strong ladies warriors, we've got this πŸŒˆβ˜€οΈπŸŒŸ

Highlighted

You're right guys, we've got this!!

Had my shower and went for a walk. Now will find motivation to annoy my family from the sofa...πŸ™ƒ

And I will NOT touch my nose...

Thanks for wise words...😊😊😊πŸ₯°

Hugs to all of you 

Xx

Highlighted

Hi all chemo brain I got muddled , sorry Vivmac it's you who is struggling sending hugs πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— xx KC xx

Highlighted

Debknits that's such good news makes all this crap worthwhile 😘

Sorry your feeling rough lisa just try to hang on to the fact its gonna get better , I'm not brill today I was a bit hopeful on weekly pac that this week wouldn't be too bad but it's not as huge a dip as last week .

Remember ladies tears release natural antidepressants so a good cry is ok and will make you feel better πŸ˜₯πŸ™‚ 

Hugs to everyone xx KC xx

Still no notifications coming through πŸ€”

Highlighted

Hi Viv,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rubbish xx. If in doubt I would phone the advice line. They might be able to suggest or prescribe something for you. I really hope you start to feel better soon.

How lovely of your old friend (old as in you’ve know her a long time!) to send you a card and goodies. Things like that count for a lot when you are feeling down.

Highlighted

Ladies, having breast cancer stinks, having chemo stinks, trying to go to the loo or going too much stinks. 

We can do this... this is just a blip in our lives, we will get through this and be there to tell how we kicked cancers arse. 

We will struggle, I know I am today, but it’s a means to an end,  the end of chemo, surgery, therapies etc is LIFE. 

so big girl pants on, pull them up hard and breathe, we’ve got this. 

Highlighted

P.S. really love the colouring too Debs, such pretty colours  x

Highlighted

That’s brilliant news Debs, it has brought a massive smile to my face 😁 - feels like it’s all worthwhile xxx

Highlighted

I too am looking at  a sunny day from my bedroom window....πŸ˜ƒ

I had to get up 4 times in the night for bathroom issues. I am scared of phoning advice line incase they tell me to go to hospital for checks after 4 days of the dreaded d....

Still feel awful, my body still not functioning my nose has gone into meltdown....

I have lost all motivation...

Xx

Highlighted

Fantastic news Debs...makes all the drudgery of chemo worthwhile πŸŽ‰

Hopefully you will have a reduced surgical procedure? Although mastectomy is OK...so much nicer to keep your own breasts 😁

Quite a sunny day today too (from the bedroom window)

Highlighted

Debs that is such fab news...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.  It does make all the pain worth it...good news for a Friday

Xx

Highlighted

We have news !! We waited 2 hours to be see the oncologist today re shrinkage etc.

He couldn’t palpate the lump at all, he had to feel
the left one to compare!
Obviously blood tests will show exactly how much tumour is left and I still have the spine and lymph node ones but
WOW!!! Chemo is doing it’s job xx

Highlighted

Hello all,

Yes you are allowed to fall out of love with T Helen... You can do whatever you want right now as my friends keep telling me! Sorry you crashed too....πŸ˜” was hoping one of us wouldn't!!

I managed a couple of chores and sat upright in a chair for a couple of hours which I thought was really exciting. I have rewarded myself with a 15 minute walk outside which has now rendered me to the sofa for the foreseeable future...shaky legs taken over again..

After visiting the toilet 8 times yesterday and losing the will to smile it has improved...and I haven't cried yet today!

How are all you ladies with treatments this week? Flou have you had your 2nd h/p/t? Please tell me there is a good week to look forward to!!

I am still hungry but have been eating stodge last few days to help relieve my πŸ’©πŸ’© 

Hugs to everyone

Xx

Highlighted

Hi All

The way this board is arranged means by brain has forgotten/mixed up what everyone is going through after writing the first sentence. I could get two screens to remember but that would involve moving ...and we all know what an effort that is at the moment. I just have a general feeling that we are all going through a **bleep**ty, achy, tired time at the moment (with a few luckies improving a bit)

Am I allowed to change my mind about T? I am falling out of love with it! I now realise it was a fake feeling of wellness created by steroids.

Had a big crash over the last few days, and am unable to eat as my mouth is so sensitive and sore. The good news is that I have no appetite....which is a really novel thing for me! I am thinking of sending Alex out for meal replacement shakes....anyone found those work?

Thanks for the Pyridoxine tip- as I am vegan, I need to have B12 anyway, as some oncs say not to supplement with it. It is all very confusing when you are running on half a brain cell.

Sounds like you guys are going through similar rubbish...the only consolation is that we know this doesn't last forever...and when I feel better, I will be prowling around the neighbourhood for high fat foods!

Keep going guys XXXXX