cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

November 2019 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: November 2019 Chemo Starters

Morning Ladies

Ah Viv sorry your feeling rough, hey don,t they say orange is the new colour Smiley Very Happy for 2020.

I have already had surgery a lumpectomy then because the gremlin was so big 7cm they decided to do a mastectomy so i'm stuck with my left veins Smiley Sad as I can,t have anything on my right arm in case of lymphoma so its been my veins in my hand they have used for the last two, mind you i freak out a little when the nurse said there may come a time when they can,t fine any veins and I may have to have a pick line in. The actual thought of it makes me feel physically sick, I would rather them use my hand then take it out after the chemo. 

We have a very good friend who is an anaesthetist consultant who I saw last week, he said they should be able to find enough veins for the next 4 treatments, so fingers crossed and he also said asked them for stronger sickness tablet, he has given hubby the name as he said they usually prescribe cheaper ones, so what is it they say if you don,t ask you don,t get. 

well off for a bit shopping, enjoy your weekend ladies

sending love and hugs Heart

Highlighted

Morning ladies,

I have woken up full of the cold so a bit miffed my good week is going to be ruined...but at least I got thtough Christmas feeling Ok.

Chris, glad you're still going through with everything, must be hard to rationalise everything when you keep feeling rubbish. 

And KC, hope you are def getting a good rest after Christmas. That must have been hard for you...

Lisa, hope you got some sleep last night.

I haven't got a PICC line Helen, I fidn't have surgery yet so have both arms and apparently they don't use them where I am. I have had 3 EC's and no problems with veins in my hands. I did have sore arms for a couple of weeks but that went away and was wondering whether it was my veins. Didn't realise E affected them. Hope you enjoy another good week before Chemo!!

I bought some orange curtains in the sale. Not sure why πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I saw that article about fitness before Chemo but not sure how realistic it is? I started Chemo 3 weeks after being diagnosed and would def not have benefited by delaying treatment! In hindsight if I knew I would have cancer I would have made more effort with my general fitness especially as my targeted drugs def affect the heart.  I have another MUGA heart scan in January before I start docitaxol and Herceptin  to see how my lovely heart is coping with E. 

I am trying to go for a walk everyday but that doesn't always work but agree that excercise would benefit recovery...

Xx

Highlighted

Anyone seen this in the news today? 

Do you think this would have helped you cope with chemo/ surgery or would this feel like an unnecessary delay? 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/dec/26/nhs-prehab-fitness-plan-aims-to-cut-recovery-time-fo...

Highlighted

Hi Helen,

Half price coats are the best coats, as are birthdays with daughters (and sons) ❀️ 

It sounds like a perfect day.

Sorry to hear about your PICC line, but enjoy your extra week.

3 down for me, 5 to go. With each week that passes it feels a little less daunting and I’m busy thinking up all the things I will do next summer when hopefully this will all be over πŸ˜β˜€οΈ Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Lisa 

Sorry I didn't see your message before I posted.

I had a good Birthday with my girls.. I sadly went and bought a half price coat in the sale (which I love), then lunch out. Well done for getting round 3 under your belt. Xxxx

Highlighted

Hi All

They couldn't flush or clear my PICC before chemo today and I refused it in my hand, so my Onc came onto the unit and said I could wait until I get a new line in. I am so happy I have an extra week of no chemo.. Just booked lots of exercise classes 😁 But realise that I have now delayed my treatment. I think I have made the right decision as my vein in my trunk is inflamed for 2 weeks after an infusion, and I have heard too many horror stories about E messing up the veins in your hand. How is everyone who doesn't have a PICC? Not sure if I am being a princess or making a rational clinical decision πŸ€”

Sorry to hear about your mouth troubles Chris.. Even ice cubes may work and are freeπŸ‘ Do you use Difflam- I use mine about 4 times a day and found my mouth troubles were better the second time round. Sounds a good idea to reduce the dose again, and I hope something can be sorted xxx

Viv... Love that your family all have really cool glasses... Beautiful daughter ❀️

KC.. My Mum had dementia... So I know the craziness that can occur, including toilet issues. But glad she enjoyed her dinner. If she is anything like my Mum was, you could have done Christmas in April after treatment and she would have been none the wiser πŸ˜‚

How did you get on Lisa... Were you due today or have I got mixed up? 

Sending lots of love from Brum xxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Viv, I had my third EC today too. Feeling pretty rubbish and wondering when is a reasonable time to go to bed... it seems to keep getting earlier!

Hi Chris, I have had some cracks on my tongue, in the middle, also redness and soreness mostly round the edge. It seems to get better after the first week but worth you mentioning as there may be something for it.

Really hope you feel better soon and the rest of your treatment is easier on you x

Happy birthday (for yesterday?) Helen, hope you had a lovely day, despite everything else going on. What did you do to celebrate?

KC, hope you get a chance to relax soon!

Highlighted

Hi Chris! I’m sorry you are having such a difficult time. I feel like I have a few cuts on my tongue, but they seem to be going away. A nurse told me to suck on popsicles, I think you might call them ice lollies? I had some ice cream last night and it felt soothing. The metal taste is so annoying. Please don’t give up! I felt like that after my first treatment, but we can do this!

Highlighted

Hi Chris like you I have had a few days off from posting , so sorry you're having such a tough time I'm sure your onc can support you with poss reduced next doses they are the experts. 

I havent had cuts in my tongue but like you lost all sense of taste though I got a bit back xmas day ( there is a god !) But the roof of my mouth and gums are sore again and I have to be careful what I eat so as not to nick them with anything hard. 

Christmas has been a whirl after London and I am totally bushed we had hubbies mum xmas day she has dementia and recently gone off her legs after a bout of severe pneumonia  she came to us however on reflection it  wasnt a good idea , she needed commode x 2 then wet herself I burnt the gravy trying to do everything  , hubby really didnt want to have to toilet his mum but I couldn't alone , onc said I shouldn't toilet her but couldn't leave her and I'm an ex nurse so was careful but in hindsight she didnt even know it was christmas so maybe it would have been just best to visit her in the home but hey ho what's done is done and she loved her xmas dinner .

Everyone here has a cold so I'm waIting my turn 😷 and grandson is arriving in a bit as we are babysitting today , it never stops !!! 

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all, and as the song goes " let's hope it's a good one "" because we all so deserve one !! 

Welcome Amhey , lovely to have you join us on our journies together .

And lovely pics everyone πŸ€—

Love and hugs to all KC xxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Ladies 

Great photos of your lovely familiesHeart

Sorry haven't been on for few days, but have felt absolutely awful and was very emotional knowing that all of my extended family were all together at my cousins and then there was me and my hubby, just the two of us for Christmas dinner. The two of us played charades out of the crackers,  sad i know Smiley Happy

My boys  and daughter in law did come over on the morning and again very emotional, I seem to be crying at the drop of a hat these days.  

Can I ask if any of you have had cuts in your tongue, I had loads and eating anything just tastes like metal, yuck 

I have asked to see my oncologist the day before my next treatment as the two I have had has floored me with these viral infection, hopefully she might be able to lower the dose again. I was all for saying no more, but I think my family have made me see sense. 

Well going to look at the sales on line, might get some bargins

Hugs to all Heart 

Highlighted

And perhaps a chemo twin? As someone else also due today??

Xx

Highlighted

Fab photo Amyhey..😁

Helen, Happy Birthday 😊. My chemo brain thinks it remembers something about your birthday being after Christmas and that you had to have chemo on the same day? If I am right then really crappy birthday present but hope you celebrated yesterday and hope everything goes ok. If not then lets save birthday wishes for the future πŸ˜‚

Xx

Highlighted

Lovely pictures everyone, it’s really nice to see you all and your lovely families xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜amyhey, looking great ❀️❀️did you get the lawnmower man for Christmas? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Hope everyone is old enough to remember that film 😳 The UK can differ from trust to trust and depends on what individuals oncs put them on but usually there are injections to have after chemo to boost white blood cells. I was a tnbc so unable to compare to your diagnosis, but I hope you and others who have same diagnosis can share info β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Time for me to share my bald head! 8172AE98-D630-4808-9866-505E5FE8A9B5.jpeg

Highlighted

Love the photos of your beautiful families...

I was excited about my cracker hat as I thought it made me look like I had hair. The excitement was short-lived 🀣🀣IMG_20191225_225033_197.jpg

Highlighted

Beautiful family Debs xxxx

Highlighted

Merry ChristmasMerry Christmas

Highlighted

Happy Christmas lovely fellow Chemo Warriors! Thanks for travelling with me, and let's hope 2020 is full of good news and healthy outcomes... Let's face it we all deserve a break 😘😘😘

Highlighted

IMG_20191225_191553.jpg

When your daughter lends you her hair for Christmas πŸŽ„

Highlighted

Merry Christmas Ladies and wishing you all a healthy happy 2020 where we can all share good news amongst us.

Keep strong and keep going.

Love and hugs to all of you

Xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

amyhey πŸ™β€οΈπŸ™ thank you for sharing. Anyone who has had same diagnosis as amyhey, please compare notes on your treatments it’ll be useful to know what USA against UK treatments. It is always good to share all knowledge ❀️ Wishing you all ❀️ And peaceful Christmas πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas from me & mine to you & yours xxx

I’m sending the universe my love, hope & gratitude for peaceful end to this year and a positive & healthy 2020 for us all.

Flou xxx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas

We can do this.
Love to you and your families xx

Deb & Steve xx 

Highlighted

Welcome Amyhey,

I have not been on here for a while, but hopping you all have a great Christmas, while undergoing treatment. I had my third cycle of FEC on Monday after being delayed for 10 days due to having low white blood count. Hence the insomnia and messaging in the middle of the night. 

Sorry to hear your picc line failed again Helen, hopefully they will sort it for you on Friday. I also suffer with the constipation, they have given me something on prescription, but to be honest just tastes awful and doesn’t really work!

Chris, I hoe your feeling better. I would ask your oncologist about lowering your dose. 

KC57, I hope you managed to get plenty of rest after the wedding.

Sorry I have not manage to capture everyone but stay strong, we can get through this. 
Take care

Jen

Highlighted

I have invasive ductal carcinoma, stage 2. It was ER/PR positive and HER2 negative. The size of my mass was 1.7cm with 2 out of 6 positive lymph nodes. I found it during a self examination in September after a clear mammogram the end of April. I get an injection of Udenyca 24 hours after chemo to help build up my white blood cells, but it causes intense bone pain. I’m assuming the injection is something done in the UK as well? We are off to Christmas Eve church service...I’ll say a little prayer for my new breast cancer β€œsisters”! Merry Christmas!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi amyhey, you don’t specify which type of bc? I asked because then those in UK on this thread could share their treatment plan too who have had same diagnosis of type of bc as yours. Each persons treatment plan is individual to them but it’d be good to share to compare. Sorry you have such distance to travel to your treatments ❀️ It’s just turned Christmas Day here in UK, so to all November thread wishing you ❀️ Today and always β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi! I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma. It was stage one at first, but after the lumpectomy and lymph node excision it was changed to stage 2 after it was found in 2 lymph nodes. I am having 6 chemo treatments of Taxotere and Cytoxan, followed by 30 radiation treatments. Chemo s every 21 days. I have my treatments at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. My oncologist only treats breast cancer and is supposed to be one of the best in the country. I travel an hour and a half to get my treatments because I want her to be my doctor. How does this compare to your treatments?

Highlighted

Hi Amyhey, Mine is every 2 weeks (so not much time for recovery in between) and I have 8 in total; 4 EC followed by 4 Paclitaxel. I ended up going 3 weeks between the first and second as I wasn’t well so they delayed a week. So all going well my last one will be March.

Helen, sorry to hear about your PICC line, that’s a pain. Will they try and clear it Friday?

I’m just waiting for my kids to finally go to bed so I can fill their stockings (small sacks actually!) and then I’ll be off to bed.

Happy Christmas everyone; I hope you all have a lovely day πŸŽ„πŸ’š

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Amyhey, which bc were you diagnosed with? It would be interesting to know your chemo in USA against what UK treatments are for your type of bc. Think the world should be sharing their knowledge regarding treatments it could help everyone ❀️ Have you checked out m d Anderson in Texas? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone and welcome to Amyhey!

I think most of us are on 3 weekly shots.

I would be interested to hear how the docetaxol is, as in the UK many of us start on FEC or EC for 3 weeks and then go onto docetaxol (taxotere)for the last 3. I have heard docetaxol is worse..but it sounds like you are OK? Which is encouraging!

My PICC line has failed again...the Sister said it is the first one she has ever failed to flush. They have left it in blocked, so I may have fun on Friday when I am due my next shot.

I want to avoid constipation this time,  but Senns does not agree with me...anyone cracked it without Senns please give me any pearls of wisdom.

I too am craving fatty salty foods, and have gone off sweet stuff. My friend told me she ate lots of crisps on Chemo before I started, and I remember thinking there was no way I would be similar...fast forward 6 weeks, and a crisp or a cracker is the food of the Gods! I have already gained a few pounds ...argh!, I think the avoidance of sweet is because my mouth and gums are tender.

Happy Christmas all...just think how wonderful next Christmas will be xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Lisa! Mine is every 3 weeks, thank goodness! It’s nice to feel almost normal for two weeks before the next hit! How about you? Every 2 or 3?

Highlighted

KC, well done for making it through the wedding, especially as in London with the travelling. I hope you are feeling ok and getting all the rest you need.

Chris, so sorry to hear you are poorly again. It’s miserable enough at times without having to deal with illness too. I have really rubbish days where I wonder if it’s worth it, but I feel like I’m doing this as much for my still relatively young kids as I am for me and they keep me focussed. You are doing the right thing seeing your oncologist and I hope she can help. Hugs xx

Hello and welcome Amyhey. I’ve had 2 rounds so far too (of EC for me) and next one due 27th Dec. Is your chemo every 2 or 3 weeks?

I am on day 13 and actually feel almost normal, so I am feeling happy that I will be in the best place possible for Christmas. All that foooood!! 

Just finished my wrapping, have some tidying up to do then I think it’s pyjama time with treats and Christmas movie with the kids. Bliss!

Highlighted

Thank you for welcoming me. I had my second treatment last Wednesday and I have to say this time was much better than the first. I learned a few things the first time that I think made the difference. I started taking Senna as soon as I got home from treatment and took it twice a day for the first 2 days. Last time I waited until I had problems and I was miserable! I also drank TONS of water, even though it tastes like liquid metal! I have also done absolutely nothing but rest. If I move around too much, I feel awful. The bone pain is the same as last time, but the medicine knocks the edge off. I didn’t have hot flashes last time, but I sure am now! I have medicine to help me sleep at night and I’m so grateful for it. I don’t take the steroids because I know they will keep me awake. Thankfully, it looks like I might be able to enjoy Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to you all! BTW, I saw someone from Leicester on here. We have family in Leicester and we visited a few years ago. Loved it there!

Highlighted

Welcome Amyhey 😊

So sorry Chris that you are going through so much rubbish. I have days where I feel so awful and think I can't do all the treatment. Have a few meltdowns but then have to keep reminding myself that this could be saving my life and I really need to do it. It's hard though, especially in the low days. I really hope you get some days where you feel good....

Sending hugs 

Xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi amyhey, have you started your chemo? You might be on different chemo to UK people, everyone on the nov thread and breast cancer now welcomes you πŸ‘­and please use the forum for any help. Glad you’ve found threads but sorry you find yourself here. Sending β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone! I just found you all this morning. I’m from the US so I hope it’s OK that I’m here! I was diagnosed with IDC in October. I had a lumpectomy with 2 positive lymph nodes. I just finished my second round out of 6 of Docetaxel and Cytoxan chemo. After that, I’ll have 30 radiation treatments. I’m happy to find women who are on this journey with me.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Gang πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£should have said hang by the way πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Chris πŸ‘­ gang on in there ❀️ See if you can have reduced dose. My first chemo Floored me and ended up in hospital for 6 days. It was only ladybowler and mai7 who scraped me off the ceiling and persuaded me to try a reduced dose, don’t forget your reduced dose could be someone else’s 100% it is all individual ❀️ I did reduced dose for remainder of chemo all ok πŸ‘ what I am trying to say is please give it another go unless your onc says no more chemo but the choice is always yours, it is your journey and everyone will be here for you whatever your decision β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Highlighted

Oh chris you are having bad luck,I'm  so sorry , I'm wiped out tired emotional and digestion in a whirl , hang in there it will be worth it , I'm on  downer today jittery and shaky vision blurry on a crammed train from london with the great unwashed I bet I join you with a viral illness shortly 

Hugs KX xxxx

Highlighted

Hey Ladies

well another viral infection tio, glands all up flu like symptoms great, had to phone 24 hour helpline. The nurse said some people sail through chemo, but unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones. Have booked an appointment to see my oncologist day before my next treatment to discuss with her as I was early in the mindset this morning as saying that I wasn't having any more chemo the way I feel. I have had a total melt down and my poor hubby looked totally lost he didn't know what to do for the best. 

Is anyone else having such a hard time, as I really think is it all worth it😟😟

hope you all have a lovely Christmas πŸŽ„ with your families and that we all have a relaxed no chemo side effect day 

sending hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•

Highlighted

Well I'm battling through my london wedding I did leave the reception at 7.30 last night as my wig was carving holes in my scalp I swear !!! So nice to get back to the hotel , met up with 3.5 yr old grandson first time he has seen me since the hair thing, he is fascinated by the wig but took it all in his stride ( why was I so worried!) Today is another do ( same wedding) I'm tired but on the whole doing ok , but like most soooooo disappointed I can hardly taste the delicious food that's around , although my guilty pleasure is prawn cocktail crisps ( too strong for me prior to chemo) they seem to find the odd taste bud left . 

Not wigging it today , had enough yesterday comfy chemo hat and wrap today sod it !!! , think I will sleep for a week when we get home tomorrow lol 

Digestion still a bit off but will sort that at home at least no heartburn this time thanks to lansoprazole yeahhhhh wonder drug 

Wishing all a lovely christmas xx KC xx 

Highlighted

1st 10 days I def struggle with my taste buds Lisa. Keep getting excited about something I am about to eat and then really dissapointed as it tasted like nothing!! I am just weaning myself off the Gaviscon Debs..I had omiorazole this time while I was on steroids and it helped alot!! 

I am eating alot to combat the nausea..

Pesto has been my friend, feta cheese by the bucketful, bananas and smoky bacon sandwiches (hmm salt?).I have discovered these squash and potato rostis with feta cheese and basil dressing from M& S and I am now dreaming about them...

I had take away curry last night and it tasted soooo good so maybe taste buds coming back.

I find by end of week 2 I can enjoy my food again, even chocolate. Found theses dark ginger thins and they have been great. 

Also struggling with tea Debs but again by end of week 2 I can enjoy it again.

Omg, I need to go eat something....

Xx

Highlighted

I’m still getting bloody heartburn, nausea not so bad now though xx 

Foodwise I’m off my cup of tea, which is a complete trauma! Lol

Im eating what and how ever much I fancy when I can, not touched the chocolate other than hot choc drinks, loving cheese and coleslaw and nuts at the minute . 

Hope you all have a great Christmas and all side effects take a running jump lol 

Highlighted

Thank you Helen. My eldest daughter is doing psychology A level and loves it (her favourite subject).

Thank you Chris. I will definitely look into that as and when my pay is stopped/reduced.

Sounds like everyone has a nice, mostly chilled, Christmas planned. My next chemo is 27th Dec, so I am going to be making the most of Christmas Day.

I have completely gone off chocolate (and a lot of other foods), but have been eating cheese by the block... Also rice pudding (dairy?). I’m still suffering with nausea, though not quite as bad as the first round. Eating lots helps! What’s everyone else’s favourite food at the moment?

Lovely to have your eldest with you too Viv. X

Highlighted

Hello to all you sleepy and non sleepy ladies,

Well done for speaking at your uncles Funeral Helen, can imagine that was hard.

I have gone ahead with normal Christmas...house is completely decorated, twinkly lights everywhere, presents wrapped (incase I am not well so everyone knows whose is who, ha ha). I have never had so many parcels arriving at my house...

It's just us and the 3 kids for Christmas,  I am cooking Turkey dinner which is just really a fancier roast dinner, and just plan on chilling and watching movies and playing games...

Only thing is I have not spent so much money on tat stocking fillers as haven't been to the shops...πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

My eldest came up from London last night so is up for the week so very happy about that 😊

I am still feeling wobbly after day 10 so going to try and go for a walk.

The kids were chuffed with presents from school. Daiz said she nearly cried, ha ha.

Has anyone got chemo before Christmas?

Hope you all have a good weekend 

Xx

Highlighted

Evening Ladies

Gosh lots to catch up on, been really tired the past few days, god have I slept.

Firstly Lisa my friend works for DWP and she has said when I go on half pay I will get around Β£65 benefit for contributions I have paid this is on top of half pay and my little pension so I would definitely look in to that. 

Helen I was also at a funeral today it's so sad you head goes in to another dimension when you going through what we all are.

Viv really nice what the school did, shows you there are nice people in this world. Sometimes a little cry does us the world of good. ❀️

Flou low I bet your wigs look great 

KC so glad your gremlin shrinking I suppose something good that's comes out of chemo, probably the only one πŸ˜•

Christmas is only me, my hubby and our little dog, my boys &  daughter in law going to my cousins with all the family but coming to see me first and my youngest I think is home from Holland so will be here already. My cousin Is sending our Christmas dinner up for us so not having to cook anything, which is good. I just keep thinking it's only this year, hopefully next year all of the family will be together.

we all just need to get through this as I know we will 

sorry if I've missed anyone

sending hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•

Highlighted

Hope everyone is doing ok 

I found today cycle 3 day 3 tough, I’ve slept most of  it I think 

Christmas was supposed to be everyone here all 10 of us but back when I started the chemo we all decided to do our own thing to take the pressure of me. 
Steve and I have just bought a chicken and a small joint of pork if we feel upto it we’ll have a dinner if we don’t then so be it ! No pressure.

Ive done online shopping for just a few gifts this year reckon our total spend is only a quarter of normal lol

Highlighted

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear about your work situation.. Its the last thing you need to worry about at the moment... But as you say you need to do what you can to get by. 

I am a Psychology Lecturer.. I do research on eating behaviour at De Montfort University in Leicester. I love my job but it is busy, and am so happy to not be commuting for a few months xxxx

Highlighted

Flou, I’ve had similar side effects on same days. I’m on a 2 week cycle too.

I opted out of doing anything for Christmas this year - my parents have kindly invited us over for lunch and the only decorations up are on the tree, which the kids did. I’ve shopped online. I’m very happy to make this Christmas as lazy as I can!

Viv, what a lovely school to do that for the kids. Were your children pleased to receive the gifts?

Helen, my eyelashes have started to go a bit and I have a small bald patch on one eyebrow. I don’t know why, but I feel sadder about the eyelashes and eyebrows than my actual hair on my head. I’ve been recommended Eylure C-Lash false eyelashes, but as I’ve never worn false eyelashes in my life I’m a bit nervous of trying them. I’m going to try smudging a dark line to see if that gives the illusion instead. Apparently you can also buy stick-on eyebrows but I think I’d have too much fun giving myself different expressions with them!

Well done for getting up there and speaking at your uncle’s funeral (from a public-speaking-phobe!).