63315members
333052posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

November 2019 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2019 Chemo Starters

Twinklestar, I have no tenderness at all. I’m not planning on braving the shave. Of course I might change my mind, you can see how short it is already (pic somewhere on this thread) I hope it’ll just fall out without needing to shave it.

Deb  

Aww debnits xxx

Do you think you’ll need to shave it or not? I ask as I know you had a pixie cut (that’s what I’m thinking for next Tues at hairdressers). Does it feel tender at all? X Hugs for you x

Washed my hair this morning, sill there BUT earlier when I took off my hat and gave my head a little rub I had several hairs there. Of course I now can’t leave it alone and yep, I’d say it’s started lol 

My pal is bringing clippers round tonight so bald will be beautiful tomorrow....

Hi Jen, sorry to hear your hair has decided to part with you. I think the article is lighthearted and something many will relate to. I am on permanent hair watch atm. I am of the attitude if it decides to depart then ok I will deal with it...I have 6 wigs at the ready πŸ˜‚ And one silly bobble hat xx

Hi Rachel, will try that thanks 😊

Xx

Hi, I have been using Difflam spray for my sore throat, it has helped soothe the burning. Hope all goes well with chemo today Viv xx

Thanks Rachel, I had a little chuckle to your article, I can totally relate to the stages, I’m about at stage 7. 
My hair started falling out on Sunday, which I wasn’t quite ready for,! For some reason I had convinced myself  it wasn't going to fall out until after I had my second session of chemo which is on Friday. I also lad long hair and now just keep getting shorter, but think I will brave the shave this week! At least then I am in control of the hair, rather than it dictating to me what’s happening. 
Big hugs to all

Jen 

Just rang Oncology nurse about having a sore throat and cold and was told that since my bloods are ok and I'm not neutrophenic I can go ahead with my chemo today. Always good to ask although not looking firward to feeling crap with cold and chemo at the sane time, lol

Xx

Glad you are feeling better Rachel.

The article was brill.  Stage 5 for me Smiley Happy

Glad you're feeling better Rachel 😊.

The article was fab, I was fef at Stage 6 yesterday, waiting for Stage 7, ha ha.

Off to round 2 Chemo today...

Happy Wednesday everyone..

Xx

Loved it , nice to start the day with an inner giggle , thank you Rachel 

KC πŸ€—

EI’m good thank you Deb,  hope you are too. 

It did make me chuckle, so I hope others enjoy it too πŸ™‚

Hope you’re feeling better today xx 

Thanks  for the link it was funny and true so far  ( I’m at stage 5 ! ) 

xx

Hi all, I’ve been a little under the weather which landed me a short stay in hospital, feeling super fit now though thanks to the antibiotics πŸ’ͺ Whilst I was sat twiddling my thumbs I came across this article which made me smile, so I thought I would share it. I’ve not done anything with my hair yet, I’m treating it with kindness in hope it remains with me πŸ˜‚i used the cold cap so will be waiting in anticipation over the next few weeks.

Best wishes to all xx

https://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer/stages-of-losing-your-hair#1

Love the hair Lisa49 😍 Hope your first session goes ok x

Helen, I'm so sorry you are having treatment on tbe anniversary of your brother's passing. We will be here to give you extra strength then ❀

Community Champion

KC57 I always found action cures anxiety.  If you can squirrel away a few things you get a feeling of security from them.  Makes you feel prepared for anything.  XX

VivMc. Glad you found it helpful.  I enjoy helping others get through this. Xx

And loved your blog Mai 😊

Xx

Thanks Shi, I will phone them in the morning and let them know. My chest def feels a bit inflamed but so far my temperature is normal. Just drinking lots of water. I had bloods taken yesterday so will see what comes back from that. Keeping my fingers crossed 

Xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

I was mai, you grabbed hold of my kylie gold hot pants and dragged me through safely πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Thank you Mai7 your article on chemo i have just read it and found it incredibly helpful and I have gleaned loads from it , my main motto at the moment seems to be forewarned is forearmed 😊

love KC 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Vivmc, please tell your team about your sore throat before you have chemo tomorrow, it’s best to be safe and take all precautions during chemo, it’s not being over dramatic or daft it’s being aware and keeping safe πŸ‘ πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Community Champion

I did. 😘  I was on my last chemo when Shi was looking very scared and about to have her first.    xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry I was oct17 not oct16 and mai7 πŸ‘­πŸ‘­my hand through the 😳😲😳😲 and kept my feet on the ground didn’t you mai 😘😘 one very special inspirational lady ❀️❀️ Love you mai πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Love the hair, well done for donating it to princess trust too xx 

Community Champion

Hiya, hope you are all getting on ok.  I can vouch for Shi’s bizarre wig collection and witnessed some of them first hand!  The pink sparkly was a real hit!

In case anyone is looking for chemo tips, here are the notes I made from when I was on chemo:  http://lifeafterlola.blogspot.com/p/chemotherapy.html

Much love. Xx

Thank you Shi 😊

My 12 yo daughter says I need a variety of wigs; one for every occasion! I like the idea of a steroid-induced shop-fest, I might succumb to that myself after Friday.

Lisa x

Love the hair Lisa ❀

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lisa, well done again for hair donation and raising the money πŸ‘πŸ‘ I went wig crazy and blamed the steroids on my wig shopping frenzy, kept buying off amazon, tinsel wigs for Christmas, coloured bobs the lot 😁😁 went Chemo crazy shopping 😁😁the steroids made me do it πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚that was my excuse and us oct16 Chemo ladies who went shopping mad were sticking to it. Do whatever you are happy with, wig, scarf, nothing, I saw so many beautiful people who didn’t wear anything, they were fabulous (I needed my security blanket wigs) cause I was a whuss πŸ˜†πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

C0821B20-06D6-4D2D-AA1F-085557A6AC05.jpegHair after0E919332-0BDC-45DC-A392-BA02EDD92956.jpegHair before

My taste buds def came back about day 12 KC,  even water tasted normal again!

Back to the beginning of the cycle again tomorrow and feeling a little anxious. 5 days of pounding heart, steroids are def not for me!!

Glad your 1st one went smoothly Nhlanlha 😊. 

I am shedding like a dog, short hairs all over the place. My 12yr old offered to shave my head, not sure if I can do it!!

Have really sore throat but no temperature so hopefully all good for tomorrow.

Flou, I only had one jab and I got the nurse to do it as I was too chicken. I too got achy legs but just for a few days. 

Xx

Ohh me and food are best buddies. This week I only eat for survival. You will be ok.

Hi congratulations on getting your first cycle complete you seemed to cope really well , I have just been for my wig fitting in preparation and it feels so strange , I went short from a bob to a short pixie cut 3 weeks ago , however my wig is a bob and it feels like too much hair , not sure I have chosen the right style, oh well I guess I can always get another ! 

I commence Tuesday , I hope my taste doesn’t alter not sure how I would cope as I love my food 

well done again first one done 😊

KC xx 

Welcome KC, I had my 1st EC last Thursday, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Woozy and sleeping for both Friday and Saturday, metallic taste in my mouth and indegestion. You can do it! Personally I'm glad to have started as the waiting was messing with my mental health. 

Hi All

Welcome to KC, and hugs to Vaneshya and Louie.

Sorry to hear you are having chemo on your Birthday Viv...I am getting it on 27th Dec..day after my 46th! The one good thing about boxing day is that everything is usually shut! Then my first Taxotere is on 17th Jan...the anniversary of my brothers death a couple of years ...I  am expecting that to be emotionally tough...

Glad to hear about all the hair updates..definitely need some pictures (perhaps no lady gardens though😁). I went to a yoga group at Breast Cancer Haven yesterday, and it was really interesting to see how people's hair had grown back differently.

Flou..I injected something for my white blood cells the day after my FEC and since then I have had some twinges in my lower legs, especially lying in bed. I dont notice them when I am up and about. I may ring the chemo hotline to confirm. 

Keep it going strong and beautiful women xxxxx

Hi Lisa 49 

my second attempt at replying (I will get the hang of this ) I start 3x3 weekly cycles of EC then a further 12 weeks of weekly Carbo Taxol , I understand the EC is better than the Carbo Taxol however I don’t have much choice and I guess I am just keen to get started. I seem to have been ages just getting results scans etc . Hope your journey goes ok , and a big thank you to everyone for the welcome 

KC xxx 

Thank you Shi xx

Hi Viv,

I had a breakdown yesterday from a google β€œerror” (wasn’t even looking for anything directly BC related); sometimes it feels like it’s everywhere, waiting to get you! Definitely with you on the up and down.

Enjoy your well-deserved night out and pizza.

Lisa x

Hello KC, I’m starting Friday so only a few days before you. I’m EC every 2 weeks x 4 then paclitaxel every 2 weeks x 4, what about you? Welcome to the group 😊

Lisa x

Welcome to the forum KC xx

Hi KC

xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Kc, glad you’ve found November thread 😁 fantastic group on here πŸ‘­πŸ‘­ a book I found helpful was surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia prijatel, just thought I’d mention it. It’s not for everyone but I personally found it helpful πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi KC

😊

Hi everyone , I think I started a new thread by mistake as I wanted to join this one , I think I may have it sussed now with the help of a champion (thank you) 

i was diagnosed triple negative in October and am due to commence chemo Tuesday 25th so I just manage to sneak in to the group. 

I have been following the forum for a few weeks and have learnt so much from all of you  , I certainly feel a bit more prepared (if you can ever be) so thank you , it feels a safe place which is what I need right now 

love KC 

Please send photo of your pink hair when you've done it Lisa!!

Xx

Ha ha Debknits, love your description.  I still have all my body hair but now on Day 18 and I am pulling out my head hair. Shedding like a dog!!

I have got a few hats and as my pals pointed out, it's hat season so won't look too out of place.

Happy you made decision Twinkle, fight anyway you can..

I just had a breakdown making tea. I can't use 'Predict' as it's seems to only be for people after surgery..πŸ˜•.

I then made the google mistake and realised my odds weren't as good as I thought they were so hence the breakdown.

Next session on my 51st Birthday on Wednesday, excellent present for me. Celebrating tomorrow and going to Pizza Express as I am craving pizza...

Happy Chemo is going Ok for everyone so far...not looking forward to 5 days of wooziness...I actually want to scream and run away from everyone one minute then laughing and fine the next.

We can all go up and down together!!

Positive thoughts to all of you xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Lisa πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘great you are donating hair to little princess trust πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ and very well done on raising funds for Breast Cancer Now. Just keep fluids flowing when you start Friday, keep eye on your temperature and if anything doesn’t feel right even with no temperature phone your rapid response, you will get through safely, that’s they key thing with chemo, getting through safely πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Ooh day 13 and I’m starting  lose some of my ladygarden !  Still Needed to shave my legs though as they seem to have had a growth spurt lol 

head hair still seems in tact. 

Thanks for the reply as Helen

i totally agree it is the unknown before hand. I am just trying to keep busy as it's a week tomorrow that I start mine. Please let me know some your getting on

chrisy xx