cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2020 Chemo Starters

bikergirl1

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi Ellegee77

Yes I’ve been given the injections but only for 7 days post chemo. I’m not sure if it’s a Trust policy or how they decide 🤷🏻‍♀️  Maybe ask your consultant about it next time you see them xx

charlotte3112

Hi Ellegee77

I asked the same question to my Oncologist because I wasn’t expecting to self inject. She said although my WBC was low before my first chemo it was ok for my 2nd she wanted to be safe in case I caught a virus I think she was referring to the current covid situation so I’m not deficient in anything It’s standard for her to prescribe 5 days worth to her patients anyway because they can drop quick, ask your Oncologist. I find that after the 5 days on injections that you start taking on day 3 to 7 I start to feel normal and by day 10 great. I hope your second chemo goes ok, it was a lot better than the first I’m now on day 3 and so far I’ve been ok. Like you I think one of the anti-sickness was a problem more than the chemo! The other thing I’ve not done so far is take any paracetamol I’ve not needed it and feel ok and less constipated but I have drank 3 litres every day (750ml bottles Evian) goes everywhere every time Ive been to the loo in the night and get back into bed I drink (lots of loo trips) but it’s really worked for me it’s flushed everything through.

good luck you’ll do great, drink plenty before your infusion and keep drinking flush it out. I’ll be thinking you 😘 💕💕

ELLEGEE77

Just a random question but do you all have white blood cell injections? I've never been offered them. Wonder if it's a hospital trust thing.

I'm having EC number 2 tomorrow, giving me a different anti sickness, can't remember the name but said it lasts 5 days, hopefully no overnight stays in hospital this time.

Take care all, thinking of you xxxxxx

aqua76

Anyone experiencing sore/bruised wrists and arms?

oncologist said it sounds like phlebitis:(

started at my wrist and now moved up to elbow. 
does anyone have any tips?? 

Felippe

Hi Sugapiesan

ive had back trouble too. A few days after my lumpectomy, my lower back had gone, which then led to a few weeks of sciatica pain in my right leg. It’s been quite debilitating as I wasn’t very mobile and I really wanted to be moving about more before chemo started. My oncologist did an MRI and this came back as a compressed disc and unrelated to the cancer (I had triple negative breast) - which was a relief, but still not ideal! It’s getting better and weirdly all pain disappeared for about 5 days after my first chemo on the 25th. I still have a bit of pain but it’s more of a discomfort rather than the bad pain I had last month. 

charlotte3112

Smilodon hope your 2nd chemo goes ok today I had my 2nd yesterday and up to now all going ok. Had the usual 5 trips to the loo in the night because I’m drinking so much water to try and flush chemo through. Oncologist agreed to take me off Ondansetron Anti-sickness because they are known to create constipation (just in case any of you ladies are on them and struggling to pop) I was 5 days trying on the 1st chemo so I’m well armed with industrial shpoo shifter sachets just in case. They’ve also increased the dexa steroids by 2 days smaller doses just to get me over the day 3 glitch when I struggled to even get to the loo from my bed. Just these little tweaks the Oncologist said should help, she said you must tell them because everyone is different. I feel as though I’m controlling the chemo this time instead of the chemo controlling me! I’m glad Jomich50 mentioned the clarityn an hour before filgrastim to help with aches I’m going to give it a go. I try laying on my side with pillow between my knees to stop the aches in the thighs and hips seems to work for me. Also I’ve been using CeraVee moisturiser for body daily also Body shop Olive range ‘very dry’ moisturiser has been fantastic, it was a gift but I’m hooked. Well I can honestly say day 2 of 2nd Chemo going ok👍. Take care ladies and keep safe, I’m in tier 3 area so I’m not missing any Christmas parties. Our Christmas may be different but our spring and summer will be amazing 🥰💃🏼🕺🥂💕💕

Smilodon

I also had a lot of pain from the filgrastim injections. I discovered the antihistamine fix by accident when I took it for a rash near the cannula site. I found it helped all the aches as well. I looked up a couple of papers and saw it's recommended generally to support chemo issues - some antihistamines are better than others and clarityn is one of the better ones so ordered a big box. Will try jomich50's suggestion - one an hour before. I usually inject at 5 hoping it's tailing off in the morning.

Second chemo tomorrow (docetaxal/heceptin/pertuzumab - I shift to EC in Feb). Port went in today - very smooth procedure and they've left the needle in for tomorrow which is not as uncomfortable as it sounds although I am curious how I'm going to sleep with it in. First chemo I had an allergic reaction to pertuzumab so hoping that will be controlled tomorrow - anymore problems and that drug will have to go.  

jomich50

Hi there 

injection aches are bad few weeks back on carbo taxol found clarityn an hour before and then co codamol just before worked wonders and doing them around 6pm helped me xx

charlotte3112

Hi Bikergirl

glad you’re going ok. I’m just sat waiting for my 2nd FEC so hoping it’s better than the first one😬. I’ve got a full list of questions this time for the oncologist so hopefully all goes ok. As you say another one done and tbh I bounced back brilliant by day 10. I’ve completely lost my hair now and just experimenting with my new wig, I keep looking at people in the waiting room thinking “ can you tell I’m wearing a wig” 🤣🤣. I usually just wear scarf or turban but thought well I’ll give my wig a day out lol. I’m ok with WBInjections but I get a raging hot flushes so do them late at night before bed along with dissolving paracetamol and it seems to keep the aches at bay. Will keep you posted, stay positive we’re nearly half way 👍💕💕😃xx

bikergirl1

Hi Charlotte3112 and everyone else,

i am also on EC-T I agree it is very overwhelming but I hope that your chemo is going well. I have just had my second round of EC so one more to go and then I have to move to docetaxel which I don’t mind admitting I am a little scared about as I know my pattern when it come to EC but, I guess as you say it’s a ride we can’t get off, we just have to belt in and go for it. I lost my hair about 3 weeks into EC which I’m fine with and I have found some good suppliers of turbans and there is one online lady that has a good channel to show you how to tie your own turban with an old t-shirt (who knew 😁). The one thing I am struggling with is the white blood cell injections, the injection themselves are fine but the muscle and bone ache I find overwhelming and I can’t take ibuprofen as I’m also on Tinzaparin because I ended up with blood clots along my PICC line 🙄. However on a positive note I’m 2 rounds down only 5 to go.  Hope your journey is being kind to you x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dark polish kept my nails 👍 others have used a nail treatment that’s worked too, sorry don’t know what it’s called 👍 I went without anything on head while home, but had more wigs than you could shake a stick at (steroid chemo shopping finger) 🤣🤣 tinsel ones for Christmas, coloured bobs, the lot 🤣🤣 I tried to have fun with it, I donated my hair to little princes trust pre chemo, just tried to turn everything into a positive so it felt more like my choices if that makes sense ❤️💕💕Shi xx

ELLEGEE77

I'm so pleased to read that people's effects of chemo 2 aren't too bad. Mines Thursday, as we all know can't say as I'm looking forward to it, but feel positive, I'm just hoping I'm not sick or nauseous this time.

Well my hair had to go today, I gently brushed it and the brush was full of hair. My daughter cut my pony tail off and hubby shaved. It is very patchy! My daughter has given me an extra bald patch as if you pull it it just comes out, it's prob 1/2 cm now.

I went for the bandana look last time, but I'm not sure this time, think I'll try scarfs. I may get a wig, but not sure. I'll go 'naked' in the house.

Has anyone been wearing dark nail varnish? Or is than more for the taxol? I didn't when I did FEC and my nails were fine. But have read dark polish is good for taxols?

Good luck to everyone xxxx

Felinefriendly

Hello lovely ladies 

Havnt updated for a bit sorry

Had my 2 nd session last wed... This time i sucked polo mints threw it and for some weird readin it realy made a difference..... I too didnt have the bad hangover this time... Bit if weird feelings in ny feet this time round

Bit more constipation even though i was prepared..... Generally feeling ok apart from being stuck in house since October 16th... Only been going out for appointments

Weather looks crap anyway and theres ni where to go to..... So have my little xmas tree up already and been going slightly crazy on e bay in niddle of night like mentioned before..... Ever so strange lol..... Postmen are getting ratty with me i can tell lol...... They bang in door hard to leave packages as if to say again!!! Well cant go in shops so doing what i can 😀😏🤔

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

MayC

I (like Aqua) had my second EC on Tuesday 24th, and am pleasantly surprised at how much better I've tolerated it. I felt very 'un-motivated' for a couple of days, but that didn't have that 'hangover' feeling. 

I have issues with the PICC line, (bruising, reaction to dressing - must phone the unit!) but feel generally OK. I'd prepared for the constipation (!) and was able to ease off the anti-sickness meds early too.

I lost masses of hair the weekend before my second treatment, which was really upsetting. But, I still have hair. Much thinner, but it's still there, and I think, if you didn't know me, you probably wouldn't know I was having treatment. Do be prepared for it, as much as you can be, as it sounds like a big shed is usual around day 17-21. 

I am still cold capping, and will continue, Even if all my hair falls out, the cold cap is supposed to help the re-growth, so looking to the future and all...😀

Also, the day of my first treatment, I met a woman, doing the same regime as me, who was in for her third EC. She hadn't cold capped and had no hair, eyebrows or lashes, so I actually think I'm doing well so far! Have to say, I was very impressed by her, and a little jealous of the 'lack' of time she must spend there (without the cold cap time investment) but not sure I could do it.

It's a rubbish thing we're all having to do. But just remember your 2nd treatment is another one nearer the end! 

Big Hugs for Weds 🤗🤗🤗

aqua76

Hi Fifi, 

Am doing ok actually. EC round two has definitely felt less challenging than round one. This time last cycle I had been laid up in bed for a day with a very sore throat (mucositis) whereas I’ve been out and about today (although needed a wee lie down after a walk)

I did use cold cap on Tuesday but more hair started thinning about day 17/18. It’s really thinned out now with some bald patches on top. I have the worst comb over! 😢😢

have ordered a wig so hopefully that helps!

i think I’ve been lucky with my reactions. After day 8/9 last time I felt generally fine and was able to carry on life as normal. Am hoping this cycle will be similar. 
hope everything goes ok for your next session, I just want this to be over with. Thought of my next injections just makes me feel sick 🤢 

On plus side, I’ve seen the last of the cold cap so time in hospital will be reduced, and my little ones Covid test was negative so a weight off my shoulders 

x

FiFi2020

Hello 

Just wondering how you’re feeling after EC round 2, hopefully you’ve managed to have a nice weekend and rested up.  I have my second session this Wednesday so off to have bloods checked tomorrow. Would you say this session has mirrored your last session symptom-wise? Or was it harder/easier the first few days after chemo? Are you still persevering with the cold cap? I know you mentioned your hair has thinned - what day did this start happening? I’m currently 11 days after my first session so anticipating some hair loss in the next 7 days - fun and games!

Hope your little boy’s Covid test goes ok!

x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Smilofon 👍 chemo steroid finger shopping 👍👍 wait till you have it in the middle of the night then next morning you are 🤔🤔🤔did I dream I shopped or what 🤔🤔🤔then the parcels start arriving. 😁 it’s all part of crazy chemo journey and we always blamed it on the steroids 👍😘💕💕Shi xx

Smilodon

I'm looking at wigs this morning too. My hair is really moulting. I have a nice hat and beanies - but I think I'd like a wig too afterall.

Bit nervous about port and chemo this week as I had a lot of problems last time. Distracting myself with online Xmas shopping.

aqua76

well I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a wig! 
Hair is so horrible and thinning out. Still can’t believe how much comes out when I comb it in morning. 😢

feeling ok after EC number two. Have been coping with two doses of anti sickness pills in a day instead of three. 
last time I got very sore throat on day 5 so waiting to see what happens now. 
my taste buds haven’t quite gone yet. 

and for my little boy booked in for Covid tomorrow so least that should (hopefully) give me peace of mind

happy Friday ladies. Hope you are all well and surviving. 

xxx

Sugapiesan

Sorry for late reply, yes I’m on injections. Still have a sore back now but it did ease a lot after that first day! I called the hotline about it the following day because I just wanted to know if it was the chemo or the injections and they said either or both. They wanted me to go see my GP about it but I didn’t (naughty) I’ll see what occurs next time. It feels more like sciatic pain now it has settled down c

LadyGaga72

Hi, joining late to the party... similar story - lumpectomy to remove a small tumour on 7th September. Mine was a grade 1 with no node involvement but ER and HER 2 positive. Also on taxol weekly for 12 weeks, Herceptin x18 and radiotherapy. Also started chemo on 11th November. 

I had my third treatment yesterday and trying the cold cap but not holding my breath. I’m finding everything ok at the moment but not becoming too complacent as it’s early days and still feels like a bad dream happening to someone else. I’m finding a few more strands of hair coming out today - that really scares me, the thought of losing it all. 

Hope you are all getting on well with your treatments and sending positive vibes 🙏🏻

ELLEGEE77

I'm a week behind you, but know how you feel. 

I was sick and I'm just hoping I'm not next time, I can cope with all the other symptoms. 

I have a 9 year old and do worry about her bringing stuff home too, I do try to chill a little as there is so much to contend with. 

We have to keep thinking every day that passes we are nearing the end of the dreaded chemo, I can cope with surgery and radio, it's just chemo is so hard both physically and mentally, isn't it. 

If mine goes to plan my final dose of EC us Christmas Eve, I'm so gutted, more for my daughter, but also me I love Christmas. But again it's one year, hopefully out of many more, plus its strange for everyone this year with Covid. 

You've made another step, sending you hugs and good vibes xxxxx

aqua76

We are on same regime and same timeline x

i had my second EC yesterday. Felt lot more emotional about having it. Maybe reality finally hitting. Managed not to cry though. 
suffered the cold cap again, guess we will know in next eee while whether it will be effective. 
I felt rubbish yesterday even with another antisickness tablet. 
but feeling ok today. Managed few hrs work and managed my injection!

in other news my little boy was sent home from nursery to quarantine as he had a positive case in his bubble. Worst timing ever!!

plus I’m in fear of him actually having something and passing it on! 
just to add to all the other stuff I’m having to deal with 😢😢😢😢

Kati

Hi, all good! spoke with the team and they said it sounded like it might be acid/reflux?

I do have some Lansoprozole which i take at that time of the month along with Mefanamic acid for heavy bleeding so took some of that and it is much better today 🙂 xx

MayC

Morning All!!

I did my 2nd EC yesterday and so far, feel OK today. But it's still early so we'll see how it goes. I think I feel better then I did at this point last time. That said, I now have omeprozole, and mouthwash AND senna which I'll likely need for next week - SO don't want to do that constipation again 😣

I had a PICC line fitted yesterday too, so it was a long day. In at 8.45, managed to leave by 4. Very grateful to my mate who's driving me!

Like a few of you, my hair is also driving me mad! It started shedding last week (Day 17) and I was so upset. You know it's going to happen (esp with EC, and even with cold cap) but seeing that first 'dormouse nest' it's a real eye-opener. I spent the weekend just getting annoyed with hair in my face, my pillow, just EVERYWHERE...so when, on Day 21, I lost probably 4 times that amount, I was more surprised at how upset I WASN'T. I have considered getting the clipppers out as my hair really hurts at the root, but kinda think I've now invested 8 hours (ish) in cold capping, so I'll probably see how it progresses. I look in the mirror and it doesn't look too different at the mo, so maybe that's a good sign. I have another 2 EC to go, then onto Carbo/Taxol, which is, apparently less damaging to hair, and sometimes it can start growing again during that regime. Here's hoping. 😃

Also wanted to say, I am really valuing this site. We still have a long way to go with this process, but knowing you're all in the same position as me, and experiencing similar worries, feelings, etc it's a real help. 

Thank-You muchly, and big hugs to you all 🤗🤗🤗

Smilodon

For a cream - I was recommended Aveena which is for sensitive skin and eczema (my daughter uses it already).

I got mucositis and reflux which peaked in the second week (last week). I was already prescribed omeprazole which deals with the gut/swallowing end and nurse said double the does to morning and night and that did improve things. For the mouth, soft food, soft toothbrush and a non-alcohol mouth rinse. If it gets worse I will ask if there's something more they can give me - nurse also mentioned a prescription for Diflam mouthwash which as an anaesthetic in it so you can eat a bit more easily but it got better and I didn't ask for that yet.

This is my third week after chemo and pleased to feel like myself - side effects are very mild and it's business as usual. I had quite severe drug reactions to first chemo and also the filgrastim injections so I am more anxious about second chemo next week than I was about the first one. I'm having a port fitted on Tuesday which I know is a good thing but I'm a bit of a baby about medical procedures generally and then I'll be using it the next day which also makes me nervous.

Hoping at least I'll always have one good week out of the three. Chemo on Dec 21 so need to pre-plan Xmas.

jomich50

Let me know i am on weekly second today hair thinning nothing major but the thought of 15 chemo sessions of cold cap not sure at mo.  Going to brave it again today x 

jomich50

Hi 

I was told aloe Vera gel is good x

Felinefriendly

Hello 

Any advice for super itchy head

Hair is falling out lots but i had a skinhead..... Can see big bald patchs

What do u advise putting on the  head when all hairs gone like cream or something

Feels bit sore and itchy driving  me potty 

I will ask them tomorrow on my 2nd chemo xxx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Kati hope you managed to check symptoms out with your team 👍❤️Please let us know how you are ❤️💕💕Shi xx

aqua76

Hi Kati

i had similar. Was day 5 after my first treatment. Woke up and felt like my throat was closing up, difficult to swallow and just generally felt rubbish

oncolgist said it sounded like mucositis. I had a paracetamol and just plenty of sips of cold water. Also just stayed in bed that day

it only lasted a couple of days. 

Just had my 2nd treatment so expecting I might get something similar at the weekend. Mentioned it to pharmacist but she didn’t have anything for it

just keep an eye and phone yr team. I’d let them know as matter of course just so they are aware

x

Kati

Thanks Shi, will do 🙂 xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Katie, please ring your unit rapid response number and tell them your symptoms it could be something that needs antibiotics, please don’t leave it always best to check with them ❤️ When you are on chemo it’s not like usual where you think oh I’ll see how it is tomorrow you must phone your unit, even with no temperature 👍keep safe 💕💕Shi xx

Kati

Hi all, im Kati, new to posting. I was diagnosed with breast cancer end of August and have had 2 surgeries, one for the lump and sentinal nodes and then 4 weeks afterwards for lymph clearance. I had my first chemo last Monday and luckily havent had any side effects as such so far but i have noticed that the last couple of days i feel as if there is a 'lump' or some discomfort when swallowing. Is this anything to do with the chemo does any one know?  thanks 🙂

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭❤️Feline friendly please do ring the number on here and speak to nurse or the someone like me option could help too with anxiety ❤️ Also speak to your team they have support in place at your trust to help you ❤️❤️ Everyone is different and you will find something that helps you chuck it in a room and shut the door on it and keep the key in your pocket, remember Cinderella Disney when the wicked step mum locked Cinderella up in that room, well pretend you are the wicked step mum and lock it up in the room and you’ve got they key so only if you walk back up all those stairs and take they key out of your pocket and open the door can it become a thought. ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Felinefriendly

Hi aqua and everyone 

Same as u although id chopped mine and then had skin head

Had a bath its all in the bath on my pillow and generally floating around

Head feels itchy and sore  if i touch it it comes out too 

I didnt do the cold cap

Hope tomorrow goes well for you.. Xxx👍💛

My anxiety is buildng back up 😱

aqua76

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well, right on the dot, day 15 my nurse said, thats when the hair loss starts (on EC) and yep its true.

I did try the cold cap for session one, but my hair has decided to come out big time 😞

Not doing much with it, but even combing it in morning, and the pile of hair looks like a small rodent!

So, with my next session of EC tomorrow i need to decide if its worth suffering another cold cap head freeze!

Tempted to just get clippers out, or comb it all out!!!

Aaaaagh, it was all going so well.....

x

jomich50

Hi

are you taking the injections as well?

If not I am on carbo taxol and the pains on that over two or 3 days are awful, taking co codamol takes edge off.xx

Sugapiesan

I woke up feeling pretty normal today after feeling lethargic the past few days since first EC on Wednesday although my tongue feels gross! I’ve noticed a few stabbing pains under the arm where the three lymph nodes were removed and in the breast where the lump was removed. I liked to think this is the chemo killing off the remaining cancer cells. Then this morning I feel like my lower back is literally about to go!! It went doing Joe Wicks workout during lockdown and it feels exactly like that is about to happen again! So now I’m worried that there’s cancer at the bottom of my spine what with the stabbing pains in the cancer sites! I think I’m getting paranoid!! I had a ct scan which was clear but this is really low down at the back of my pelvis. 

jomich50

Thank you for your words and inspiration Shri

i am just tired iffy tummy one extreme to another on carbo taxol lol but imodium settled down for now.

the pains have been eased with co codamol if anyone else suffers with them 

all in all doable and bearable just hard not being able to do much did manage a walk though and supervised my kids playing twister which helped for laughter !

week one nearly down week two her I come good luck all xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️ You’ll help others as they join the threads ❤️❤️ there is love, care, support 24/7 here, we all pass it forward ❤️❤️ just someone reaching out and 👭 you know others understand and just get it, no explanations needed through the 🤣🤣😢😳😲💃🏻💃🏻👭👭❤️❤️ 💕💕Shi xx

Felinefriendly

Thank u for your wise words ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡💛💛💛💛💛💛💚💚💚💚💚💚💙💙💙💙💙💜💜💜💜💜💜

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️❤️ you have to put yourselves first now for a bit ❤️❤️ if you have any beam me up scotty friends who disappear then don’t worry about it, there will be plenty of others that will come into your life on this journey and strangers kindness with fill your hearts with ❤️ the beam me up scotty friends tend to re-appear once you’ve finished treatments, it happens but you’ve you to think about, stay focused and 👭each other through as you are 👍👍❤️❤️you are all doing amazing even if you’ve blocked bums, loosing hair or slime mouth from chemo 👍👍 Epsom salt baths for bone pain, senna or movicol and crate loads of anosol for botty block and silk pillowcase gentle on bald head and dark nail polish to help preserve nails ❤️❤️💕💕Shi xx

Felinefriendly

Hi everyone.... Love reading every ones posts xxx

Got my son to Shave my head even shorter as much of skin head as i could get last night as noticed its coming out  in tufts if u touch it or pull it gently.

I know what u mean about family and friends reactions  ive felt that too as well like u said marble cake

Im 44 and spent years looking after my mum who passed over in 2010 and my dad who now in a care home.... 

And my 4 children

Out of interest has anyone read any books by louise hay

Her point of view on this is interesting that we overly care too much for others and busy mothering others type thing.... Actually fits with me... Just curious if anyone else knows of it xxx

Wed my next one... Im stocked up with constipation gear this time 😎👌

Xxxxx

marblecake22

May C that’s fab news they can tell your lump is changing already - it’s the news we all want to hear to spur us on and realise why we are doing this💪🏼
Early days for me still as first treatment was only Thursday although 💩 is becoming a bit of an issue 🙏🏼Senna will work! Otherwise not too bad - did my first injection last night ok- nurse warned me that I will get aches and pains from this so we will see. Slept a whole lot better last night thankfully 

I haven’t done the cold cap - I say it now but I’m not too bothered about the hair loss ( might change when it’s a reality though!) more worried about eyelashes, eyebrows and nails tbh. I think I’ll be rocking a wig for a while though so I’ve gone for a really good one - I’m not blessed with a face that will suit a pixie cut and I’ve always had mid length hair 

I’m 50 btw - had a tough time in my 40s looking after my parents, loosing them etc all normal life stuff but stressful. Turned 50 got a new dream job ( I’d been unhappy in my old job for years) thinking this is it my 50s will be better .. onwards and upwards ..them boom - this happens. Also lost my brother in law to cancer last Xmas ( brain tumour he was 53) so telling my family was tough because their reaction was very much ‘ here we go again’ thinking I’m going the same way - I’ve found people’s reactions hard .., one of the hardest things actually. Sorry ramble over! 

Hope everyone has a reasonable weekend - love to all

clare x 

FiFi2020

Hi there

Happy Saturday to everyone and hope you have a nice weekend.

I had my first EC chemo session on Wednesday. Felt very ropey from 10pm and was wide awake feeling sick until 4am. Felt pretty normal since then though. I think I made the mistake of eating dinner (my chemo finished at 5:00pm and I ate at 7:00pm). I wore the cold cap which surprisingly bearable (I do have thick hair) but am now worried whether it worked properly! There was definitely a slight gap in the top of the cap where it wasn’t the perfect fit so a little nervous re: the hair. I too need to wash it - it’s now 3 days since my session so may do it tomorrow, thinking I’ll just rinse it in the cool bath water If I can navigate the picc line arm cover!

Anyway, sending everyone my best wishes and good luck to everyone gearing up to another treatment next week. I have a week off and then am back 2nd December.

x

aqua76

May

am scared to wash my hair!! Lol

its been 4/5 days now, never go that long without washing. I knew there would be some loss even with cold cap but have a fear it’s all going to come out!!

i had my bloods and Covid yesterday, kinda looking forward to cracking on with my next lot of EC. Means I’m 25% done!!!

MayC

Yep, I'm gearing up for EC No 2 on Tuesday. And, in general, pretty pleased at how 'OK' the last few weeks have gone, overall. 

I had Covid test on Tues, bloods today, and saw Oncologist.

She agreed the chemo has had an impact on the lump - definitely 'softened' and probably smaller, tho difficult to tell without scans, biopsies, etc, so that's looking good. 

We talked about a few side effects from last time, and adjusted the contents of my 'goody bag'. Sounds good, but not so much fun when it just contains anti-sickness meds, mouthwash and laxatives! 

Aqua, I'm with you on the hair!! I had a horrible moment last night. Washed my hair and was horrified at the amount of hair loss. I knew I'd loose hair (even with cold capping) but it was a bit of a shock. Another one of those 'oh sh*t, it IS real' moments that this throws at us... Will see what next Tuesday brings. On the up side, I haven't had to pluck any stray eyebrows or chin hairs for at least 10 days...😁

I was due to have a PICC line put in today, but that's been moved to Tues as well. Apparently the PICC can take 2/3 hours, so looks like a long day. Hopefully it'll only be as bad as last time, and with the extra meds, should be slightly better.

Sending lots of virtual hugs to everyone. 🤗🤗🤗

And remember, another one down; another one nearer then end!!

fionafayker

Hi Marble Cake, I too had my first cycle yesterday. I was exhausted when I got back so dozed most of the afternoon. I started to feel a bit icky in the evening. I went to bed about 9.30 and slept through, till about 7,30. I did wake up briefly but went back to sleep fairly quickly. 

I'm feeling a bit sicky this morning,  so phoned the emergency number at the hospital,  only to be told that's normal. I'm still eating ok and drinking lots, no vomiting. 

I'm not to worried about losing my hair, only my eyebrows and eyelashes, I've already shaved my head, but might get my husband to do it again as it has grown alot in 3 weeks! 

I have been referred to the Macmillan psychologist so should be hearing from them in the next couple of weeks.  Im sorry you don't have that where you are, I had therapy last time, which did helped alot. I have been so happy with the treatment I've received this time  and last time, I know I'm really lucky as I know others don't get the same.

I'm off now to figure out how to keep my central line dry while I have a shower!🙄🙄

Take care, everyone needs to be kind to themselves  too. xx

jomich50

Hello everyone

Hope you all doing ok.

My first chemo on MOnday being doable, was not so much last few days, the aches and pains in my body at night have been not great at all and lack of sleep so taken the last few days off working and just trying to rest.   I am on a weekly regime carbo/taxol and have heard the first week with carbo in it is tougher.   Fingers crossed easier next week. i cold capped bearable except first ten minutes, but goign to ask how likely hair will remain as got EC after this and dont' fancy 12 weeks of torture for nothing...  THe anti sick are keeping me from feeling too sick though and thankfully no more injections until next week.x