cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2020 Chemo Starters

marblecake22

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

Sorry that last post wasn’t so good 

having a bad day today - I’m still in that horrible in between stage and suffering with ‘ScAnxiety’ 
hoping we can all keep each other going through this.  

I’m a mum of 2 - my daughter is 21 back from uni and doing a masters at home. My son has just started uni - it’s been tough telling him and knowing seeing him is going to be extra hard now due to treatment / Covid. Just started a new job which I was loving until this came along! 

marblecake22

Hi my name is Clare

i was diagnosed with breast cancer last week - I’ve got tests still to be done but I’ve been told I’ll be starting chemo in November, 5/6 months Chemo then surgery and hormone treatment after. I turned 50 last year and wasn’t expecting to start this decade battling cancer. My head is all over the place and I’m so scared it’s not going to be treatable. I’ve got a second ultrasound tomorrow on my other breast as the mri has showed something and CT scan a week on Saturday. 

Felinefriendly

Thank you

Hi everyone im going to the chemo room tomorrow afternoin to sign forms and everything before 3rd November 

In the morning im having mir scan

I was originally down for lumpectpy on 3rd but they have changed it to chemo first 

After reading posts in here im not going to do the cold cap thing... I hate being cold ❄️

I do have anxiety over it all but trying my best 

I didnt introduce myself very well on first post

Im 44 and have 4 children... 2 older lads and a 9 and 10 year old daughter 

I have 3 cats and currently not working as im main carer to my 2 children who diagnosed asd... Also used to care for my dad and previous to that my mum ❤️❤️

I think this forum will be a great source of support for us all ❤️👍

jomich50

Hi 

I know but I have found a fab Facebook group for triple negative and it seems fairly usual especially with auxiliary involvement.    Wit this group and that hoping will keep me going.  Just dreading going into Xmas now like this but doing lots of pre planning while can !

will let you know how my picc goes and pre apt good luck to you all be better once we all had our first one ! 

jo xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Uv light 🙄sorry text gremlins 🙄💕💕Shi xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Charlotte black nail polish works too preserving nails, protects from us light, keep them short too ❤️💕💕Shi xx

charlotte3112

Hi Jo 

that’s a whole list of treatment sounds like they’re throwing everything at it, I’m 54 and like you wasn’t expecting to be here on a forum talking about breast cancer it’s bizarre but I’m glad I’ve found the forum. Keep us posted on how you’re getting on my pre-asses is 5th so hopefully your first treatment won’t be long after👍💕💕Tracey x

charlotte3112

Hi Felinefriendly

Its good to know there’s a few of us in the November group. You’ll be one of the first to get your chemo in the group. I hope it all goes ok for you and you’re mentally prepared as you can be on the 3rd 👍💕💕

charlotte3112

Hi Lou and all other November starters.

Had my apt with Onc yesterday and I’m starting 6 cycles of FEC-T my first chemo is on 10th November. I’ve got bloods and Pre-assume then I’m good to go. it’s all a bit overwhelming but like you just want to get started. It’s Chemo then Radio and then some bone injections.  I’m starting to plan now the Onc said I’ll definitely lose my hair and she also said one of the drugs in the FEC doesn’t give good results with cold cap. So I’m now preparing to sort a wig and a few more hats/turbans and a few bamboo sleep caps Etc. I’ll also get my meds cupboard stocked with a million things to combat side effects. I’m ok with losing hair but the effects on nails was a shocker 😳I’m now looking for a good ‘water based’ nail polish I don’t want my feet and hands to look like trotters 😂. I’m nervous but mentally I’m getting myself prepared because we can’t stop this journey. Good luck with the PICC fitting and keep us updated on your dates to start on your journey 😘💕Xx

ELLEGEE77

Hi all

Havent got an official start date, Onc said prob 2 weeks. Got to have a heart scan, see chemo nurses and have a PICC line fitted first.

Will be have 3 x EC and then 12 x paclitaxal followed by radio.

Just want it to start to get it over with!!!!

Charlotte3112 how did you get on?

Xx

Felinefriendly

Hello everyone 

Im new i hope im posting this in the right place 

Im starting nov 3rd

jomich50

Hi all 

I will be also starting in November.

I was diagnosed end Sept had loads of scans etc and I have multi focal with auxiliary involvement.  Also triple negative 😔

My picc line fitting is 3.11 and pre meet 5.11 so hopefully first one will be following week. They have been super quick and thorough but like you all waiting and worrying been awful with mri ( which was amazing as found the multi focal ct scans etc ).  Mine was found from my first ever mammogram two days before I hit 50.   I also worry re covid and any delays etc.

my onc thinks I am young and healthy so has suggested weekly carbo /taxol then EC over a long 5-6 months ( have significant family history) 

terrified but just want to get on this rollercoaster now.   Masectomy and guessing node clearance will b after due to triple negative

good to have others to chat to going through similar experience jo xx 

charlotte3112

Hi Lou

Its rubbish that you’re here doing the chemo journey again! I’m not looking forward to any of what’s to come In the next few months but going through it twice must be hard for you. Good luck for tomorrow and keep us posted on how you get on 😘💕Tracey xx

charlotte3112

Hi Jane

It sounds like you’ve been on a rollercoaster with the ongoing waiting. I completely understand about worrying about spread because of delays but I think our minds are working overtime. I Initially thought I’d be starting chemo in Sept but because of more surgery everything was delayed due to the healing process. My BC nurse reassured me that any delays are factored in to the overall treatment plan And like you I’d started to get really down with the whole waiting periods. But we’re on our way now another few weeks and we’ll be chemo’d and blitzing this so stay positive 👍💕💕xx

aqua76

Hello!

Think i'm now going to be a November starter as well.

Was due to start chemo this coming Tuesday but i had to get an emergency op re an unrelated issue but i think they are now going to delay to give me some recovery time.

Have generally been positive since my diagnosis at end of September, but having awful fears about things spreading with chemo being delayed!

I was supposed to have mastectomy, which was postponed for HER2 result, then another postponed as HER came back positive!

Anyway, my treatment plan is EC for 12 weeks, then Pertuzumab & Trastuzumab for another 12 weeks, then surgery at the end of it.

Jane x

ELLEGEE77

Hiya. 

I too have an appt with my onc on Monday. I have triple negative cancer, had a mastectomy and full clearance in Sept. Unfortunately I've been down this road once already 14 years ago, so not sure which chemo will be chucked at me (it's another primary exactly same type of cancer although is smaller and only 1 lymph node out of 16, had 3 out of 8 last time). I'm waiting for results from genetic testing.

I think I will be starting Nov too. Let me know how you get on!!! Good luck. 

Lou

Xxx

charlotte3112

Hi I’m finally having my first apt with the Oncologist on Monday so I’ll probably be an early Nov Chemo starter. It’s been a long wait since finding the lump in lockdown then 2 X surgeries first one was August with Lumpectomy inc. full axillary clearance with 9 lymph’s positive, ER+ Hers- ILC with some IDC, then again for margins. I’m not sure what will happens at the first Onc apt but I’m keen to get started which seems strange but I’m thinking the sooner I start the sooner I’ll finish ready for summer (hopefully with hair) The surgeon said we’re treating it aggressively which was a bit daunting but said we’re throwing everything we have at it. I was ready mentally for Chemo but the bone injections every 6 months has come out of the blue. He said my Onc will go through my treatment plan and to get any questions answered etc but I’ve not thought of any questions to ask it’s like going into the complete unknown 😳. I’ll be back with my dates to start and hopefully there’ll be others starting around my times xx😊💕💕

Mai7
Community Champion

November 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi 👋

This thread is for anyone due to start chemotherapy in November 2020.  I’m sure others will be here soon but please introduce yourself and you can all help one another through this phase of your treatment.  If you have any questions please post away on here and others in the community will watch over you whilst you are getting started.  Once you are into it you'll be pretty good at helping each other.  You can also ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day and get a thermometer and check your temperature every day.

Here is the BCN guide on chemo:

https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment-breast-...

Here’s an excellent article for anyone concerned about hairloss. That’s pretty much everyone starting chemo: https://pinklotus.com/powerup/breastcancer101/chemo-hair-loss-and-menopause-hair-too/

Here are some apps which can help to keep you on track: 

https://breastcancernow.org/information-support/support-you/becca

https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/owise-breast-cancer/

https://www.careology.health/

I finished my chemo in October 2017 and doing very well again now.  Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum:

http://lifeafterlola.com/

If you decide to set up a private group its good to stay on here also during treatment as I know from experience there are some people who watch but don't immediately pluck up the courage to join in.  Your conversations can be a real comfort to others.