Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2020 Chemo Starters

Felinefriendly

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi

My operation date is 12th april 

So this wed gone i should had treatment but they deffered it to this wed coming and then i have onee more chemo wed after 

So guess it will be about4 weeks as march be free then till sheilding from 2nd april but been sheilding anyway

Dont know yet when radiotherapy starts

Bit anxiety about being out under for operation 

Im having a lumpectomy 

Hands and feet still feeling weird, chemotherapy nurse said to me too the chemo has a culminating effect as u go on and can feel effects long after its stopped with this neuropathy 

Xxxx

LadyGaga72

Hi,

I’m sorry you have horrible side effect from EC, I hope it settles soon. I’m so glad that was dropped from my treatment plan initially. I just had the 12 taxol weekly and Herceptin every three weeks. I found the taxol ok until my last one two weeks ago. I was really tired and achey and still am a bit. So glad to be finished it though and the cold cap. Still going in for the Herceptin until May and also starting five sessions of radiotherapy on 10th March which also leaves you very tired I’m told. Also starting on Letrozole after radiotherapy, which can bring other challenges apparently. 

I had my covid vaccine yesterday, feeling ok so far but I think symptoms usually kick in a couple of days later. 

Wishing  you ladies all the best with the rest of your treatments.  Looking forward to brighter times ahead.

Helen x

marblecake22

Hi all

im the same - I’ve been told 4 weeks recovery after last chemo before op then 4-6 weeks recovery before radiotherapy. 

my last Fec should be next week all being well. Coping ok but boy do I feel tired - I’m ready for bed about 3pm each day. Also I get so out of breath just walking up the stairs and I used to be a gym bunny so I find that quite scary plus I’ve gained too much weight .  I haven’t had the energy to do any real exercise throughout. Hoping once this last chemo is out of the way I will pick up. My nurses warned me that chemo has an accumulative effect as the cycles go on so tired etc does increase. I’ll be so glad when this bit is over though - as my dear old mum would have said ‘ it’s no picnic’ I’d say out of the 2 dox had been worst. Constipation has been my biggest problem throughout💩😐

saying all this I’m petrified of surgery and have chosen to go flat. I keep laughing saying to my hubby they’ll be more of me on the bed side table than in bed what with wig etc. Not sure how I’ll cope mentally as I didn’t cope well with the hair going but I didn’t want a complicated ,lengthy op. 

We are all doing so well - spring is coming and all being well lockdown easing - keep positive ladies ♥️

fionafayker

Hi 

I'm due to have a mastectomy and radiotherapy once chemo is complete, I've been given 3- 4 weeks recovery time between each.

Hope that helps.😍👍🏻

aqua76

@Felinefriendly 

how long are they giving you between your last chemo and surgery? 
Do you get a recovery period? 

now the end is almost here I guess I need to start thinking about a possible mastectomy after my chemo 😞

Felippe

Hi Mai C,

I have to say chemo has been a dreadful experience for me too, I’d have any surgery before having to go through this again. 
FEC in Nov - Jan was hard, & I was expecting docetaxel & carboplatin to be a bit better, but I picked up an infection and diarrhoea and ended up with neutropenic sepsis for a week in hospital. Happy to say I had great care and am much better now. My remaining chemo has been changed to a lower dose paclitaxel & carboplatin & is now weekly so I only get 1/3 of the dose at a time. I had this on Tuesday and so far so good - an itchy back and abdomen but this hasn’t been bothersome and almost disappeared now. 
the hospital stay has ruined my veins in my hands & the weekly canula is a bit of a nightmare now. Fingers crossed that I’m finished with major side effects for the 5 remaining cycles. 
take care all x

Felinefriendly

Hi 

I went today but have been sent back home because of of my feet and hands being effected, told her about it started up couple weeks back but has gone worse 

She said they will just add another treatment on as ive 2 left to go

And lower dose she did say it wont effect outcome

Xxxxxx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellegee77 please let your team know about tingly fingers and toes while on t, it can cause permanent nerve damage if not monitored ❤️Keep safe 💕💕Shi xx

MayC

Hi Jo

I started with EC and, in retrospect, kinda glad I did! I think if I'd have known how EC would hit me, I would have been more worried. After my first EC, I was, what I'd describe as, really badly hungover for about a week. I had to drive the husband to an appt four days after treatment, and was quite worried about doing that. I'd say I was 'dazed and confused' for most of the three weeks until my next session tbh.  

I am pleased to say the other three EC's I had weren't nearly as bad in terms of wobbly head. Exhausted, drained, no motivation...yes. But I managed to function, which was one up on the first. I didn't really have much nausea, but I did suffer with horrendous constipation. I took less of the steroids to reduce the constipation, and by the third session I was getting better at managing it, 4th was spot on, but a bit late then!

I did get mouth ulcers. I got a kids soft toothbrush, and Difflam mouth wash. They helped a bit I'd say, so I'm probably not the best to advise! 

In my experience the EC's do get a bit easier, and, as you say, at least you've got one down. I've just had my 5th of 12 Taxol, and, having done the 4 EC'S, am telling myself the end is in sight. I absolutely agree SO done with chemo!! 

And Spring is possibly on it's way, as is a lifting of lockdown regs. Better things to come. 🤗🤗🤗

ELLEGEE77

I had 3 x EC and now have weekly paclitaxel - 6 to go. Taxel hasn't been as bad, no nausea which is for me the worst symptom. I am starting to get tingly fingers and feet and my stomach has been off all of this week, so shall answer once the next 6 are done lol.

I'm so ready to be done with chemo now tho, I need to try and find a job, before I start a nursing course in Sept. 

My onc bodged up and didn't include all my treatments (missed 3 chemos 1 cycle) on the system so he referred me for CT planning for rads, so had it Monday and now he's confirmed he made a mistake, so got to have it again, so a little annoyed as wasted a day. But such is life I suppose.

Always check in to see how you are all doings.

Lots of love Lou xx

jomich50

Hi Ladies 

so after twelve weekly taxol and carboplatin sessions who knew EC three weekly could be tougher 🙈

I feel like been hit by a bus from

day 5 once steroids stop slightly better today ! Is it normal to feel so dazed lightheaded tired just plain floored oh and the lovely mouth.  Kept nausea at bay with drugs phew 

two to go then finished so had enough of chemo.   Go ladies we are doing this but only having cancer but through a pandemic. ❤️

charlotte3112

Sorry Aqua76 you’re feeling rough on taxol it’s a beast I thought the same that FEC would be the worst! It completely wiped me out and took a lot longer to recover, my Onco reduced my dose slightly for my second cycle, I still had side effects but not like the first cycle 😩. I hope your next cycle is kinder 💕💕

So sorry you’re feeling rough.  I had a really bad allergic reaction to my first dose of Docetaxal 🙁 I’ve been changed to Paclitaxel now which means I have to go weekly but there was no way I could go through that again. 2 weekly sessions done & no side effects 🙂

hope you feel better soon

aqua76

Day two in bed. 
docetaxal can feck right off!! Horrific stuff. 
I thought my EC was going to be worse but that was a walk in the park in comparison

Am completely wiped out 😞

Felinefriendly

Thanks everyone for your support xx

I have been to surgeon appointment today and have a date of april the 12th

I asked about the gene testing and they said they write to Manchester to ask for the test

And they said id need 3 weeks of radiotherapy a bit  after operation

Lumpectpy 

ann has cancer

Hi Feline friendly, will be thinking of you Thursday and will have a drink to your Dad.  Love aNN

aqua76

Session 6 out of 8 tomorrow. 
cant quite believe I’m almost 75% through! Remember thinking how would I last through six months of treatment in the early days!! 
hoping my docetaxal/herceptin won’t be as rough for session 2. I struggled with joint, bone and muscle pains and just generally felt crap and tired. 
fingers crossed I will react better. Although my oncology nurse said my reactions and timings actually sounded pretty good so maybe it will be ok. 
also had my first vaccine on Friday. Had sore arm on Saturday but nothing else (yet!) I’ve read it can take three weeks for effects to show. 
Hope everyone is coping, sending everyone love and strength!! Xxxx

jomich50

Agree I found that nausea sickness med made me worse x 

jomich50

Hello all

i always read all your posts but not posted for a while.   I am triple negative and just finished twelve weeks of carboplatin every three weeks and taxol (P) weekly.  After a weeks break and a midway MRI which showed excellent response on breast and some reduction on auxiliary nodes I start EC Wednesday. Quite nervous as new side effects, three cycles so like you all stated November so finish end March.

beem tough with lockdown and COVID but at least can hibernate freely haha

weekly chemo was doable but tough last few cycles carbo Platin is tough.  Know what you mean about aches and pains tummy cramps had one day which was awful.   He vaccine Pfizer no major side effects.

having a few wobbles even after a great response so far need to concentrate on positive !  Been as we all are tough throughout but struggling now.

gave up cold cap week seven so got myself a lovely wig 😃

charlotte3112

Hi Smiledon

Hope you’re doing ok with the nausea, just a word of causation on the Ordansetron it can make you constipated. My Onc stopped this med in favour of Metoclopramide which I could take ‘as and when’ I started to get the nausea feeling it was great and no side effects 👍. Hope your mri went ok 💕

charlotte3112

Hi Feline friendly hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected 💕. I lose my taste mid chemo cycle for about 4 days. I eat plenty of fresh pineapple it’s one of the only things I can taste it’s also really good for sore mouth because of the enzymes in it, my oncologist recommended it. Also with your fruit if you have berries etc cut small and Crush a merengue nest on top with some vanilla ice cream and runny honey. It’s a sweet treat overload but you can just taste it 👍. Stay strong 💕💕x

Jojo1447

Hi

i have the smoothies and find them quite refreshing, not really had trouble with the taste only the metallic bit after chemo.

I have 4 more chemo then mri and appointment with surgery team. Scary bit for me I think, but just want to crack on with it.

I try to go for walk everyday but my it has been cold.

had my Covid jab last Tuesday and sent me so lethargic Wednesday and Thursday didn’t want to do anything.  Ok now though.

hope your dads funeral goes ok we’ll all be thinking of you

jojo x

Felinefriendly

Hi everyone 

How we all doing

Im having side effects of sore mouth which i have mouh wash for but just recently loosing taste with food, have 3 more chemo to do so not done bad, any tips on what to eat, had bought lots fruit in but now finding it tastless and hard to eat apart from banana

Planning on making some smoothies 

Cant even taste fresh lemon on pancakes 😏

Soups i guess i should be on 

Its been very cold, not had a walk in ages,

Getting a bit low, think this week is going to be  busy for me and emotional got appointment with surgery dr and my dads funeral, 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

fionafayker

Hi all, 

I had my covid jab (Astra Zenica) on Tuesday, the worst side effect was that I had chronic fatigue on Wednesday,  no sore arm or illness. I was even able go drive myself to the hospital for my bloods in the morning. I had my 5th round of chemo yesterday,  2nd Docetaxel,  only 2 rounds left! Yay! Feeling tired today,  no appetite so have to force myself to eat so I can take the steroids. I also have a nasty metallic taste in my mouth. I have had far less side effects on this than EC!

Seeing end of chemo is fantastic,  although my treatment won't finish until June/July as I have to have a mastectomy in April then radiotherapy. 🙄

marblecake22

Hi everyone

I had my covid jab Sunday - knocked me out Monday though, tired and achy, sore arm. I’m round 5 of chemo today all being well. I was advised to have in my last week before chemo ( I’m on 3 week cycle)

I had docetaxel first and am now on FEC. I don’t want to tempt fate ,as today will be my second dose of FEC, but I’ve found it a bit easier - I’ve been more nauseous but I need to up the anti sickness this time and I’ve been given some stomach tablets to manage it too so should cope better. 

Some of the side effects I’m now getting, like numb fingers and sticky eyes are after effects of the docetaxel my nurse told me not the FEC. 

but I never say never.., it can through anything at you at anytime! 

anyone else suffering with an itchy head? I’m now putting a gentle body shop moisturiser on but I can’t work out if it’s itchy because it’s dry or if hair is regrowing as it looks like it is a bit. I’ve read that docetaxel is the worst for hair loss - some studies say it causes permanent loss so I’m wondering if FEC is different it could be coming back...... probably just wishful thinking on my part 😂

stay strong everyone - love to all xx 

Felippe

Thanks Charlotte,

Thanks for updating. hopefully with your reduced dose the stomach cramps won’t be as bad this time.  My next dose is being reduced & im being pushed back a week to give me a bit of recovery before the next chemo. If the cramps do return maybe they won’t be as severe & won’t lead to infection like last time. 
hopefully your cramps aren’t as bad too.

bikergirl1

Hi MayC,

I had my vaccine last Saturday and my Chemo is tomorrow. I had very much the same experience as you, 5 hours post jab I started to shiver and not amount of duvets, scarves, hats and hot water bottles would help, next came the bone and muscle ache, fatigue and loss of appetite at this point I went to bed feeling awful. Woke up with the worst headache which paracetamol only took the edge off. I’ve felt off until today. According to the information I was given what I experienced were all possible side effects but I seemed to have got most of them 😂. However, I guess it’s still better to be covered but I can’t wait for jab number 2 😳

charlotte3112

Hi Felippe

Im on day 9 and the horror bowel cramps came again so it looks like it’s a taxol certain for me. It was manageable with rocking and deep breathing but it literally wiped me out afterwards and my temp is on the increase my face looks like a Oompa Loompa. I know though now it’s done my body will balance itself back to normalish! Sorry it’s not better news but you might process this cycle better, otherwise get prepared you know it’s coming and you can do it. We’ll get through this, each cycle throws things at us and we bounce back 💕💕🥰

Smilodon

Hi all

I've moved the other way to most of you, from docetaxel/Herceptin to EC. I used to think the pain was from those filgrastim injections but now I know for sure it was the docetaxel as I haven't taken a single pain killer since the switch. I used to sleep with paracetamol and ibruprofen by the bed to alternate. 

Dear God - the nausea though 😱 that's new - day 9 and still sick - and more tired than usual at this point. Trying some odansetron today - how have people been medicating for nausea? I'm not actually vomiting - just feel really sick and wiped out. Appetite is down but frankly, like my lazy cat, I can manage on my reserves for a while 😉

Got my MRI this afternoon so hoping to get a surgery date when I speak to the surgeon next week. I'm pretty nervous about surgery.

Just 2 cycles to go - so ready to see the back of chemo! Think I've been having a bit of a pity party last few days and need to shake myself down.

End is in sight for all of us - but might get tougher before it let's up.

S

charlotte3112

Hi Felippe

sorry to hear the Taxol is being a beast. I’m now on day 8 of the 2nd cycle, but the Onco did reduce the dose slightly which seems to have worked for me, she offered weekly chemo but I prefer the 3 Weekly the less I’m in there the better. The stomach cramps have not returned yet!!! But I have been taking movicol constantly twice a day to try and move my bowels little but often since day 1, I’m hoping it’s done the trick. Like you the cramps last time to empty my bowels was horrendous but once done was like I’d detoxed 😳 I know I’m at ‘Nadir’ now because I can’t taste anything, I’m just sleeping and I’m constantly applying moisture to my hands and feet and searching the fridge for something to taste!! Once I reach day 10 Felippe I’ll let you know if it returned 👍 if it doesn’t then movicol is the ‘go to’  I’m hoping the next 2/3 days are kind. Take care and stay safe 💕💕

Felippe

Hi Charlotte,

it looks like I’ve had a similar response to you on docetaxol (&I have carboplatin). First few days were fine then extreme fatigue coupled with diarrhoea and stomach cramps, on day 7 I also had a high temperature & spent the next few days in hospital with an infection.  I was wondering whether you encountered the stomach cramps again on your next chemo? I’m day 13 now and bowels are fine, but I’m still very fatigued. Just wondering whether this will happen again 😟

many thanks 

ELLEGEE77

Hi all

Mayc I had paclitaxal Thursday and vaccine Friday as advised by onc, was OK Fri night but going into Saturday I felt really achy, painful arm, throbbing head (like going to explode) and shivery, took temp 39.2, so rang rapid response. It was a reaction to chemo/jab, but I did have to go in to hosp, so they could check in case it was a infection.

The ACP said it is quite common for us to have a reaction, and she still said the best time to have had it was the day after chemo, as it gives body long enough to recover for next chemo (I'm weekly).

I was off it yesterday, but OK today apart from diahorrea which I think is from penicillin they gave me Saturday.

As Mayc said I would still have it again, it is just one of those things.

Out of interest which one did you have? I had Oxford/Astra Zeneca.

Sending love to you all xxx

LadyGaga72

Thanks for the heads up on the covid vaccine May. I’m sorry to hear you had a bad reaction but good that you were still able to go ahead with your treatment. I had conflicting advice as to the best time to have it during treatment but I’ve gone with my gut and delaying it until five days after my final treatment next Wednesday. The last thing I wanted was another cancelled treatment due to high temperature (already had two cancelled over Christmas and New year). I’ll let you know if I have similar reactions. I have heard of a few people having reactions to it.

Have a restful weekend everybody.

Helen x

charlotte3112

Hi MayC

i had my vax last Sunday but I had on PICC side then had my chemo on the Tuesday. Onco advised the week before chemo for me. We must all have different reactions because I’ve been fine apart from an ache where the injection went in and a bit tired on the first night.  I was worried if I’d get a late reaction after chemo went on Tuesday but it’s just the usual chemo after effects. Hopefully it’ll all settle down for you MayC it’s a lot for your body to process chemo and vax, but like you I’m glad I’ve had it. My top up is April so I’ll be out of chemo by then 💃🏼🕺. Take care 💕💕

MayC

Morning All

(Big Hug Feline 🤗)

Anyone had covid vaccine yet? Just wanted to give you all a bit of a 'heads up' about my reaction!

I was advised by BCN to have 'ideally, either just before or just after, but grab it when you're offered'. I got a text from NHS to book an appt. It offered two locations, two dates and plenty of time slots, so I booked in for last Monday at 3.20pm, as chemo due the following day. 

I forgot to ask BCN which arm the jab should go in, (PICC LINE side, or 'bad boob' side/SNBiopsy side) but was advised at the centre the SNB side, so as not to risk any conflict with PICC line. The only issue I had at the time, was a fuse seemed to trip whilst I was there, knocking the computer system out. I was being assessed at the time, so it didn't really affect me, but I felt for the people queuing down the car park as I left! 

About 2am, I woke up shivering. Which was even odder seeing as I'm getting night sweats/hot flushes at the mo. I felt really sick and almost vomited several times. I dozed on and off, mostly lying back on pillows. When I finally got up, I realised I was quite achy too. I went to treatment, and found my temperature was up, but it was decided we'd continue. Cold cap made me feel even sicker, but I did get through it!

I felt crap the whole day tbh, very nauseous and tired. Had several hours sleep when I got home, and then 9 hours sleep overnight. I felt much better the following morning. (Guess who isn't home schooling either?! SO not sure how you all manage that as well as everything else...👏🤩 )

I think my reaction is 'unusual', but within the 'possible side effects' that have been listed. Not much fun, tbh...BUT! I'm still glad I had the vaccine. Made me think if this WAS a 'minor' dose of covid, I'd really not want the full works. Roll on Vaccine number 2. 🙂

Have a fun weekend All!!

ELLEGEE77

Thanks everybody. 

Helen you sound like I do, I did ask onc yesterday and he said it's normal, I think the face flusi g is the steroids by IV. I get a bloody nose, but not full on nose bleed. Altho haven't had that past couple of days.

I will be glad when this bit is over!!

Hope everyone is OK.

Felinefriendly, good you have a date for the funeral. I hope you are doing as best as you can.

Lou xxx

LadyGaga72

Hi,

I had my 11th of 12 Taxol treatments yesterday and I’ve had the two day face flushing and a spotty, sometimes blistery skin throughout. I spoke to the Oncologist about it and he said it was normal and would disappear as soon as I finish treatment. My breathing is ok but sometimes a stuffy nose and a bit bloody but not a full blown nose bleed. The good thing is we are not going anywhere for anyone to see our spots as we are all masked up if we got for a walk or Hospital visit. Roll on a bit of normality in early Summer if not before. 

Take care everyone,

Helen x

Felinefriendly

Hi every one 

Just to let u know im ok..... Funeral is arranged for 18th feb,

I still come on here to read everyones posts 👍

Had my chemo today.. I think its number 5 or 6 now out of the 9 weekly ones 

I founf the first 3 back in the oct.. 1 every 3 weeks and was different drugs hardest for me  then these weekly ones in terms of feeling rough.... To me it immediately felt like id been drinking vast amounts of alcohol and i panicked alot with the feeling of it.... Also had a bit of disassociation.... Sea sickness feeling and few bad headaches..... But saying that it was doable so dont let it put u off....

The weekly ones i havnt had much tingling in feet or hands which seems they are  looking out for.... Up to now i havnt felt sick at all, nose has started bleeding a bit in past 5 days... today they perscribed some cream for it...... Said my platlets were lower today but attribute to nose bleeds

Got somemouthwash today to as mouth is only just starting to feel like soreness building up 

Eyes have been puffy and swollen, been perscribed artificial tears.. As very dry 

Lips dry and skin are goung dryer so been slapping on aveeno cream ect

Tiredness comes and goes but still able to do household jobs and try homeschooling.

Saw dr today and hes arranging another scan and see surgeon dr on 16th feb to discuss operation. 

Hope everbody is good 🌈💜❤️💞🐦💚💘😁 xxxxxxxx

Thanks to your advice the team asked me to call in to see them today as I was at the hospital for a heart scan anyway.

Turns out I’ve had quite a nasty allergic reaction to to docetaxal. The rash appears to be a ‘rare’ side affect called palmar planter (🤷🏻‍♀️) which usually targets your hands & feet but decided to go for my eyes too - we’ll why wouldn’t it? 🙄

They’ve sent me away with 6 days worth of steroids and the possibility that next week’s cycle will be delayed 😕 

thanks for giving me that ‘push’ to contact them again 🙂

ELLEGEE77

Hi Tara

Thank you for your reply, hope you are feeling OK now, bet it seems ages ago since you had it, but at the same time just seems like 2 mins ago.

I've already had chemo 14 years ago, I had FEC back then, and just had 3 x EC, I didn't get any skin issues at all on either.

My onc is ringing tomorrow anyway, so was going to mention then. I did ask the unit last week, they looked at my face and just said if they start to itch, look infected or I get a temp to ring them, they're not itchy, but do have a few more this week. They also said could be due to wearing masks, I said I only wear it here as don't blooming go anywhere else lol. 

Xxxx

ttyler
Community Champion

Hi ELLEGEE77

My name is Tara, I had chemo for triple negative breast cancer between June and September last year. I noticed you have mentioned spots on your face. Although I was not on the Same type of chemo I did get a red spotty face when on the FEC chemo. It was like I was a teenager again with spots in my hair line and on my cheeks and nose. I washed my face in sensitive soap and that seemed to do the trick. I also got blister like spots between my legs, which I used Vaseline on. This worked a treat, but please check with your team before using any product to help reduce your symptoms!

You have  mentioned that you are feeling breathless, I did too and got more tired as time went on. I am still not up to full fitness 4 months after finishing chemo as it does take time. What I wanted to say is I would recommend ringing your unit or the nurses on this site for advice, because even though you may think a side effect is small there is often a remedy and it is good to let your team know your symptoms so that you are monitored and it does not turn into anything more serious. I am not trying to scare you, but it is best to get these things checked out. You are going through a tough treatment and your well-being is paramount!

I do hope you feel a bit more like yourself soon.

Have a good day!

Love ❤️ Tara

ELLEGEE77

Hiya

How are you all?

I'm going to have 4th paclitaxel Thursday. Just wondered if anyone on it has a spotty red face? And the feeling of a blocked nose? I do feel slightly breathless but I think it's more to do with overdoing it. 

Probably the first couple of days my face flushes too. 

I think it's all quite normal, but would be good to hear your experiences. 

Lou xx

Oh crickey, sounds like this could be the norm then 😫 I was so cocky the day after - out walking the dogs, sending photos of me stuffing brownies down my neck to my family, playing in the snow - then BAM 💥  

I’m in for a heart scan on Tuesday so will ring the helpline in case they want me to see them.

thank you 🙂

Good luck with round 5 🤞🏻🤞🏻

aqua76

Sounds like Docetaxal is a bit of an arse!
I’ve had a right crap weekend. Had my first docetaxal in Tuesday. Thought I was going ok, no nausea compared to the EC I was on for first four. Then Friday evening hit. Pains. Aches. Joints. Muscles. Bones. Couldn’t sleep.

oncologist suggested taking some codeine yesterday and today to help with the pain. 
hoping next round isn’t as bad!!

Smilodon

Feline - so sorry to hear about your father.

1004 - I've had all those issues on docetaxel/Herceptin but not the rash which is more unusual. You should definitely call about that rash. You could also take a photo on your phone and send it (I've done that before with an infected port incision). Also for the mouth ulcers - ask for some Diflam mouth wash.

I'm going the other direction - moving to EC (no F here) tomorrow for round 5.

S

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️They will never think you are a nuisance they want you to ring them and check with them for anything, it is important you do because you could need immediate antibiotics, they are your team and there to support you safely through ❤️that’s all they want for you to always be there for you through this ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Thank you, I did ring them on Monday as I was in so much pain I didn’t know what to do with myself & they suggested I get co-codamol from my doctor which I did. This was before the rash appeared which this morning is quite puffy & swollen so I might just check in with them again to be on the safe side.

I haven’t needed to bother anyone before this cycle so just feeling I’m being a bit of a nuisance if I ring them too much!

🙂

Thank you, I will give them a ring as the rash on my hands and eyelids is quite swollen today 🙄

ttyler
Community Champion

Hi 1004103,

My name is Tara, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast cancer in March last year and had chemo FEC-T from June to the end of September.

I am sorry to hear of the horrible side effects you have experienced. I just wanted to say that if you feel really poorly it might be worth ringing the hotline number for your unit to tell them of your issues to see if there is anything they can do to make you feel more comfortable. You may have already done this, but if not please do as although you may not feel 💯 percent it helps to have things made as easy as possible to get you through.

Hope everyone is having a good evening. I just went outside to put our pet chickens to bed and it is proper nippy. Warm bath and bed for me I think!

Sending lots of love ❤️  
 Tara xxx