cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2020 Chemo Starters

LadyGaga72

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi All,

Good to hear you all got through Christmas despite our different challenges. As you remember I had a covid test done on 23rd following on from a high temperature on a Hospital visit on 22nd. No result to date, phoned a couple of days ago and it appears my result are lost in the system, just my luck. Consequently I have missed two treatments, really gutted, so there has been lots of upset and emotion with me over Christmas. I clearly don’t have covid thankfully as feeling fine and temperature normal every day since, however still have to isolate so haven’t been out of the house since 23rd, no good for my mental health. Missing my walks so much. The Hospital have now arranged a swab test for Monday and all going well treatment scheduled for Wednesday. Has anyone on here had a break midway through treatment? I worry about the overall impact on my treatment, anyway seeing the Oncologist on Tuesday, so a question to ask.

May, a great idea on using old tights for pic cover. I’ve cut off the sleeve of an old black tee shirt and doing similar, as found the shop bought covers were either too tight or too loose.

Best wishes for a brighter, happier New Year for everybody.

Helen x

MayC

Hi Charlotte

Sorry to hear about the hospital visit. I had one treatment through a canula, but was always meant to have a PICC. I'm not sure why I didn't have it fitted first, but I'd definitely prefer it over the canula. It left the back of my hand/arm really sore and a bit numb for about a week after, and it's probably still a bit sore now, if I'm honest - three treatments on! Having said that, the PICC line IS a pain in the rear, especially as I seem to be allergic to most of the dressings, but I'd still take that over the canula any day. Apparently my reaction is quite common - red, itcy, etc, which does make you wonder why some other formula hasn't been worked out... I now get them to cover my arm in barrier fluid before sticking anything on, which kinda works. It's a bit weird having a 'pipe' hanging out of your arm, and you can buy 'PICC line covers' that sort of hold everything in place, but I'm using a cut down pair of black 70 denier tights. Looks a bit like a captain's armband, but does the job! 😁😁😁

Xmas was OK here. We had Mum in law with us for Xmas dinner. We're all Tier 4 now, and are a support bubble, but did weigh up the risks very carefully, both for her and me/us. Glad we did, as we all enjoyed. I am lucky as I think she's great. And, as much as I think the word is over used, she has become a bit of an inspiration for me. She's had quite a hard life, and been through loads, not least, breast cancer three times. First one was in 1984, and she was 88 last week. Everyone's different, but there's proof it can be done.💕💕💕

Hope all's OK for everyone else, lotsa hugs and here's to 2021!!

May C

charlotte3112

Merry Christmas everyone. It’s been a quiet one for me I had chemo on 22nd then back at the hospital because of collapsed veins through the hand cannula, but  other veins have picked up the supply although my hand and arm has aged about 20 years, apparently it can take months for them to recover if they can, so they’re now looking at PiCC line. But apart from that I know my side effects and plan around them, I think it just makes you fight harder. Being 3 chemos down is brilliant it’s the end of FEC and a break until 12th Jan 💃🏼. Hope you’re all doing ok and I’ll be thinking of those who have chemos this week - stay positive 💕💕💕

fionafayker

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas yesterday.  I missed seeing my children  but we had a video chat, which was almost as good as well a a videochat either my siblings in Australia!

I was feeling good and had a lot to eat, which was fab! Today I've been really tired, so have had a pyjama day.

I have my covid test Monday,  blood test Wednesday and 3rd round of chemo on New Year's eve. 

We have so much food left over, but my husband and I and the animals will get through it.😊😊🎄🎄🎄

ELLEGEE77

Merry Christmas too.

I still had chemo, so a bit spaced out. Me and Evie are downstairs and hubby upstairs lol.

Hope you're all having a great time xxxxx

aqua76

Merry Christmas everyone!!

hope we all have a peaceful day and are all well enough to enjoy the day

ive had a cold the last few days, so have had my festive lemsip! Hoping I can face something stronger later!

love to all and let’s look forward to a normal Christmas next year!

🎄🍾🎁

ELLEGEE77

So my hubby got a text from track and trace, he's got to self isolate for 7 days.  We sort of social distance anyway. I sleep in the spare room, but will have to be even stricter just in case. Will need to call chemo suite in the morning, but I'm guessing I won't be able to have chemo Tom!!!

What a mare. Blooming Covid. Xxxx

ELLEGEE77

Hiya. 

My 2nd was better than first, did have constipation for quite a long time and felt bloated and windy, but would rather that than sickness and nausea.

Dr just rang and I'm good to go Tom for 3rd and final EC ever (can't have it again had my lifetimes worth), cannot wait for EC to be over. Start weekly paclitaxal 14 Jan.

I'm sorry Clare you are feeling down, we are going through so much physically, for me mentally hasn't caught up yet. I had counselling a while ago (not just about my cancer, my mother in law was diagnosed and think it bought things back that I'd buried), it helped me to talk to a stranger.

Ladygaga, I'm sorry you didn't have chemo this time, let us know how you get on. 

Lou

Xxxd

LadyGaga72

Hi,

Yes indeed it is a rollercoaster. I was supposed to be starting my third cycle today but instead that has been cancelled due to high temperature. Just been for a covid test, so now it’s just a waiting game. I haven’t been anywhere so fairly confident that it’s a false alarm. So frustrating as we all just want to get through these treatments quickly. I hope it just means missing one treatment assuming all is well.  

I’m sorry to hear about the nasty side effects you are experiencing. I am on weekly taxol and so far have been feeling ok. Hope it will be the same for you.

Hope you all have a happy Christmas and a brighter New Year for us all.

Helen xx

marblecake22

Hi all

hope you are all doing ok?  I have to admit my second round ( I’m doing 3 doxtaxel and 3 FEC ) has hit me harder with fatigue and chemo brain - I’m day 13 and still have low energy. First one I felt normal by about day 10 and thought I’d got this. 
ive hit a bit of an emotional wall too.. been very low and teary - I think it’s all hitting me what I’m going through and all Covid stuff is doing my head in too. 
I’m hopefully now getting some counselling - is anyone else here on anti depressants as I’m considering them too?
My next hit is New Year’s Eve that will be the doxetaxel  done and half way through the chemo at least but I’m worried as I think / I’ve been told the FEC will be worse ...it’s such a rollercoaster isn’t it? I think that’s why I’ve hit a low ... I’m a control freak normally and I have no control over this I’ve just got to go with it and I’m finding that very hard.  I’ve
got my mri early Jan so hopefully that will be good news and encouragement to keep going. 

I hope you all have the best Xmas you can- sending lots of love to you all 

Clare  xx 

Felinefriendly

Hello ladies 

Hope u all managing ok

I had my 3rd one i think on wed last week.... Felt bit low on energy since and yet again constipation trouble seems to occur till day 5.... Makes me feel off and uncomfortable..backache and rattyness... This time actually had panic attack on the loo and considering calling ambulance but it eventually sorted out after taking more meds....... Felt pretty rough up till now but feeling better today.

Did some cooking today and more energy for household jobs.

Having another mir scan on xmas eve to check progress.

Emotionally been doing ok up to few days ago then had a wobble and a crying fit but guess thats to be expected after holding it in alot, my next lot will be different meds for 9 weeks once a week feom jan 6th.... 

So i think thats worried me in regard to different side effects but apparently wont need anti sickness meds as wont make me feel sick so im hoping it will be ok. 

Slow and easy is my motto.... Jobs get done when energy is up and if tired go for rest xx

I hope everyone manages to have a good Christmas regardless of all we are going through and of course all the rest of it in the news. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️ Peace and joy to one and all 🎄🎄🎄🎄🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Be kind to yourselfs and love yourselfs and each other 💕

Felippe

your post helped me FIFI 20,

First FEC was fine, but the second one mirrored your experience- chemo in the morning, had a nap then woke to horrible nausea for the rest of the day. Shall follow your example for the next one and get painkillers & antisickness earlier. 
I’ve also had 2 bouts of bellyache & diarrhoea this time ( one the day after chemo and one day 6) - I’ve just had loads of water to get through it - any other suggestions eg better foods to eat or avoid? 

cycles 4-6 will be docetaxel & carbo - so eager to see how you all fare! 

im in full Welsh lockdown, trying to stay safe & avoid any reason to go to hospital as they’re mostly full - stay safe all & enjoy Christmas x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Patricia Prijatel who is 2 x tnbc survivors has a blog, MD Anderson in USA is handy to keep eye on too for tnbc, robin roberts and Joan lunden tnbc treatment stories are inspirational too, good to keep eye on what rest of world is doing treatments and trial wise on tnbc front too, hope this helps and tnbc’s ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Jojo1447

Hi MayC

I am on a similar treatment plan to you by the looks of things.

I finished my 3rd round of EC just over 3 weeks ago and have moved onto weekly Carbo/taxel.

Had first round last Friday and so far so good, don't feel as light headed as i did on EC but as you say everyone is different, and it is early days.

I too am triple negative and have had bloods sent for genes testing so just waiting for those results.

My lump is defiantly smaller so hopefully treatment working.

As its Christmas day my next treatment is due, they have moved this weeks to Xmas Eve, so I'm hoping i will feel the same as this week and be able to enjoy my Xmas dinner.

Hope your next treatment goes well.

Jojo

Smilodon

hi Elle - it's 4.30 am here and I can't sleep because I took my steroids yesterday for chemo today. 🙄

Third chemo today - always good to get one down (4 more to go). I get extra IV steroid on the day as I'm allergic to one of my drugs so I will be bouncing off the walls for a couple of days then really crash Xmas Eve. Doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.

Hope to get a lot for stuff done in the bouncy days then just lie on the sofa for a week.

Anyone else got this problem with steroids? 

S

ELLEGEE77

Just wondering how you are all doing? Been quiet here for a few days.

Xx

MayC

Morning All!

Not posted for a bit, but lovely to see you're all still here, and cracking on!

I had my 3rd EC on Tuesday, and feel OK so far. The first one was like a really bad hangover, and these 2nd two have been OK. I had REALLY bad constipation with the first, mouth ulcers, indigestion...less so with these next two, but have now got omeprazole, mouth wash, and senna. As well as eating prunes, chia seeds and lots more fruit! Seems to be helping.

I am continuing with the cold cap, despite having lost quite a bit of hair. It's still not much fun tbh, and not sure if the extent would be considered 'success' but I guess I'm stubborn! I do have balding spots, and wouldn't go out without a hat or a scarf, but have enough hair to 'decorate' around it to look OK. Having said that, I have a couple of cheapy wigs, and a hairdresser contact who I'll probably go to see after Xmas. Not that fussed, as between Tier 3 Covid, and winter, not exactly having a rocking social life! I'm mostly wearing a scarf at home as just don't want to frighten the Postal workers when I open the front door...😁

I have 4th (and last) EC on 5th Jan, with an Ultrasound on 21st before going onto the Carbo/taxol. (Triple Negative diagnosis here too) I've heard the same re aches/pains and most women seem to say it's easier then the EC, but we're all different, so we'll see. I saw the Oncologist last week, who, like me, can't find my lump at all, so, at least, that seems to be going in the right direction. 

Was someone here asking about 'caring' and the link to breast cancer? I worked in social care for 25 years, mostly with adults with learning disabilities. I was managing services for the last 10 years or so. I stopped in the end, because it, literally, drove me mad. But I also had/still have a hubby who needs some care, and parents-in-law who need assistance. There doesn't look to be much research on factors specific to TNBC, and I'm not sure how current the info on-line is anyway. I've been told TNBC is 'less common' the other BC's, but I do seem to have come into contact with a number of women with that as their diagnosis. Maybe it's me just looking! 

Thanks for all your support and giggles Everyone. It's all a bit crap but good to have others willing to share their similar experiences. (Red / rose - aay wee anyone? 😂😂😂) Here's hoping for a decent Xmas for us all, and better things to come in the New Year.

Big Hugs. 🤗🤗🤗

LadyGaga72

Hi ELLE,

I’m sorry to to hear you’ve been having a rotten time on ‘E’. I was down to have that too but change of oncologists mind at last minute (as I have a minor heart condition (no medication just monitoring) , so I went straight on to 12 x weekly Taxol plus Herceptin injection 3 weekly for a year. I have to have radiotherapy too after the chemo is completed. I must say I have been ok on Taxol only reaching for the nausea meds once and just one tablet did the trick. I find on the third day I’m feeling a bit lethargic, so I do take it easy then. It’s pacing yourself, I tend to go crazy with housework and walking and then flop. I also get a flushed spotty face on the day after treatment but that calms down after a day or so. I start my third cycle on 23rd so I may be a bit tired on Christmas, that’s ok...great excuse for my husband and daughter to take over😊 

Hope you and all the other lovely ladies on here have a good weekend 🤗 xx

FiFi2020

Hi ElleGee

Good luck with your 3rd session, not ideal being on Christmas Eve but fingers crossed you get a good sleep and are feeling good the following day. My 3rd session was yesterday at 9:30am so home by 1:30pm. I normally feel rubbish by 4pm but having napped from 2:00-3:00 and taken an extra Domperidone antisickness tablet plus 2 paracetamols at 4 (and a heartburn tablet) I didn’t get the groggy/headache or any nausea. I just had a burning acid digestion feeling so had gavascon before bed and slept ok. Without jumping the gun, it’s been the best chemo day so far. Just letting you know so you’re not dreading Christmas Day. I had been a bit fearful that this session would be the worst but it’s been the best perhaps thanks to tweaking painkillers and antisickness. Christmas angels being kind to us all I hope!

I have my 4th EC session on 30 Dec and then I move onto Paclitaxel/Carboplatin (am triple negative) for 12 weekly sessions from 13 Jan. Have heard the side effects are more on the lines of aches and pains rather than nausea so will see how that goes. I feel like I’ve gotten away lightly with the EC side effects so hoping for the same with the new drug.

Happy Friday to everyone x

ELLEGEE77

Morning

Hope everyone is feeling OK going for your 3rd (can't believe we're all nearing our 3rd).

Mines Christmas Eve, which I'm a bit gutted about, but want it out of the way. After Christmas I move onto weekly x 12 paclitaxal, anyone else on that going to be on that. I will have had my lifetime dose of 'E' epirubicin.

Good luck everyone, you're all great and helping me so much xxxxx

aqua76

Hope today’s session went ok for you. 
I always find treatment day is the worst and inevitably by 5/6pm I’m in bed feeling hungover, even with all the pills!

re your healthy eating - I’ve started getting some recipes from a guy called Scott Baptie (on Facebook) he has some fab high protein recipes. I’ve made a couple, they have been very tasty and nutritious. You can always find quick versions of the receipes in the videos. 

hope next few days go ok for you x

Felinefriendly

Hello aqua 

Same as u number 3 is on this wed and then in number 4 January mine 2 changes to something else ....im hoping side effects will be ok with it... Think it begins with a p....

Like u at the start of this i was absolutely shattered emotionally and very down thinking i wont be able to do this 

But here we are with 2 under our belt already 💫💫💛🧡💙💚❤️🌟

This forum has really helped me immensely and everyone  on it 💕💕🙏

Grateful for the small things every day 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

One thing i really want to do is eat more healthy and cut out junk..... Find this pretty hard to do as i crave alot sweet things but i think im making improvements as the days go by just need to get into better habits and cooking better things..... Been doing alot salads..... More fruit and veg i need concentrate on 😉😁 difficult when u want to go straight for chocolate 😆

And more excersie as really havnt got outside much but i guess thats same for alot of us with the bloody covid  

Hope everyone is doing good and keeping as positive as you can 💌💌 xx

aqua76

Well, just like that, im now getting ready for chemo session three!! My first few days when this started, i was so down about the long journey ahead, but am much more positive.

I think ive been remarkably lucky with how my body is dealing with the treatment, and hoping this continues. I've got two more EC sessions to go (which is quite a toxic one as im led to believe) then 4 sessions of something else (less toxic by all accounts)

And i also dont have to suffer the cold cap again - i cant tell you how happy this makes me. I still have some straggly hair, so might lose it all, but i honestly dont care. The thought of the cold cap just made be feel sick to my stomach!

Hope everyone is well x

FiFi2020

Thanks for your reply ElleGee (and everyone else too with wig suggestions etc), am really grateful for your own stories and it has helped me gain perspective so am feeling much clearer about things. Totally agree that I am fortunate to have the option to reduce risk later down the line by having preventative surgery now and always have said “whatever it takes” so will just keep on keeping on and do as am told! I do see the positive in most situations, just hard sometimes on this particular adventure but that’s why this forum is great - it really does help you to not feel alone and also be thankful.  Appreciate the wig suggestions, shall take a look tomorrow online. 
Have lovely weekends everyone x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

I had some good ones from luvyababes (not fancy dress ones) they had done lovely set of proper wigs and was more please with them that astronomical real hair one I had, just a tip if you’ve not though of there 👍💕💕Shi xx

Smilodon

My wig from Simply Wigs just arrived today. You can pay for fast delivery (I went very cheap so couple of weeks - but there are several options to get it quicker).  It's not for everyday wear - but e.g. for going out and online. Otherwise I have hats and beanies.

Pity we can't go to a shop and try them out first.

I wasn't going to get a wig - but now I do want that option. 

S

aqua76

I used website simply wigs and mine arrived within the week

prices werent too bad. 

i wanted one as top of my head is pretty much bald so wanted another option other than hats

ELLEGEE77

Hi Fifi2020

I saw your message earlier, but didn't really know how to respond. I had my results come back and I'm not BRCA1 or 2, I've been put forward for TP53 testing. I was 29 with my first triple negative diagnosis and now I'm 43 with my second. I was relieved in the sense that my daughter won't have it, but in the next breath I ask why have I had 2 primaries fairly young. Now this by no means is not meant to rub in your diagnosis, but that if I had known at 29 it would be back I would have without hesitation had a double mastectomy and wouldn't be here now.

You will make your own sense of it, unfortunately you cannot change the results and you then at least will be able to take control, rather than it control you. I really hope I haven't upset you, as that is definitely not my intention.

You are allowed to have down days and it sounds like you have your hands full.

My hubby and daughter helped shave my hair, now I'm used to it. I promise it grows back. I use bandanas and wooly hats, I have a fear of a wig coming off, woukd be my luck.

Try to give yourself a break and give those kiddies a cuddle. My daughter is definitely getting me through my rubbish days.

Lots of love xx

charlotte3112

Hi Fifi2020

its a massive shock to have BC but to have BrCa is another blow. I am similar I am doing chemo for BC but also found out I’m BRCA2 which has put a whole new journey in place because I’m now planning mentally for a double MX and ovaries etc after chemo when I’ve already had a lumpectomy .  At first I was mentally drained but I’m now grateful that I know I can plan instead of the unknown and my older children can make informed life choices. You’re still young and now fully armed to make your choices once you’ve kicked this chemo journey. BRCAs a bitch but it doesn’t define you and as the weeks go by you’ll start to challenge it and tackle it head on. I’ve found some great FB groups that are for BrCa carriers and they’re so informed on how to plan and move forward for you and your family.  My first stop on this journey is Christmas and chemo is an unfortunate present I didn’t ask for, and BrCa will wait until the new year. My hair has gone and I’ve got a wig (worn once) but tbh I prefer Beanies I’ve ordered a few off Amazon in different colours arrived next day👍. I actually don’t mind my bald head it’s so easy to put a coordinating beanie on, I’m ready before my husband which is rare 🤣. Take care and the 16th is another chemo done and gone 🕺💃🏼👍💕💕xxx

jomich50

Hello 

just to say I am triple negative and the stats on google are very out of date. I follow a lovely Facebook triple negative group with lots of advice and up to date info.   Not all doom and gloom I also at start used the someone like me thing on here. Also waiting for gene results with my family history.   

i am finding chemo doable on carbo taxol weekly I do get the pains with injections and used stronger co codamol last night but will stick to milder as woke 2am with bloody steroids and felt like I was tripping and I am only guessing as never taken drugs 🙈🤣.  Starving all time too. Bit this is carbo week so was same last cycle weeks two and three very doable 

xx

jomich50

Hi 

I asked regarding covid it’s not live but you need to ask as they don’t know if it works and will be dependant on drugs you on

sje said not to worry as I am 50 so plenty in front of me yet even though 4th in list for ECV people 

would ask oncologist next apt xx

FiFi2020

Hi All

Happy Friday and hope you have good weekends. I’ve not had the best week as found out on Monday that I’m BRCA 1 positive meaning my surgery next year will most likely now need to be double mastectomy plus removal of ovaries/fillipuan tubes if wanting to reduce risk of further cancer appearing/reoccurring. Was feeling so positive up until that point as physically I’ve been coping petty well with side effects plus I can feel that the lump has shrunk (to the point where I can’t really find it now). So I’m triple negative and BRCA 1 which if googling etc (yes I know I shouldn’t) is pretty scary because statistics are daunting. Urgh. I’m usually very rational and calm about things and my philosophy is to not sweat the small stuff but this isn’t small stuff so finding it hard as just not used to worrying about things.

Despite cold capping I have been losing hair a fair bit but not noticeable to anyone e else as yet. Another thing upsetting me this week. I’m working from home and have two kiddies under five so it’s just been a bit too much this week. Husband is brilliant and work too plus family/friends are helping out where needed. Just need a weekend to catch up on sleep I think.

Next chemo on Wed 16th Dec, assuming I’ll feel ok for the Christmas period which am very grateful for. Worried the cold cap  won’t work meaning I may be bald come Christmas Day and with no wig so need to get some plan in place. How long does it take to arrange a wig?

Sorry to be down! I know I’ll feel better come the weekend, it just feels like it’s been a long week.

Lots of love to all x

Sugapiesan

Hi everyone,

I had my second EC chemo yesterday and it’s kicked my arse up until this evening. I’m still feeling tired but starting to come out of feeling unwell. At the worse today I did a temp check and it was 37. It started to slowly come down though. I asked for my lovely husband to make me a veg juice, he put pear and grapefruit in with celery and it made me feel better.

Hair falling out all over the place, despite having the cold cap both times. I’ve lost well over 3/4 of it. Up until yesterday I had good coverage but too scared to look today!!! If I start looking bald I’ll get hubby to buzz it and start wearing my wig.

mercifully my next round is 30th December so should fingers crossed be well enough to enjoy Christmas with my family.

xxxx

aqua76

No problem. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything

also not sure if we are able to have a live vaccine while on chemo. 

Kitkat23

Hi Aqua....just jumping over from the July thread. 
I just assumed I was on the ECV list but I wasn’t ...... I only realised I wasn’t when my friend asked if I had had my letter from Matt Hancock ( which I hadn’t ) .... my GP has now added arranged for me to be added to the list....sorry for butting in  if you already know you on the list😀.

take good care

aqua76

Has anyone asked/been told about the Covid vaccine yet? 
I assume we are all in priority four list as we are all clinically vulnerable. 
has anyone asked their oncologist yet? 

fionafayker

I'm currently receiving my 2nd round. I've been feeling quite good the last 10 days or so. Hopefully I'll be feeling ok at Christmas. Its only me and my husband this year, will miss seeing my 2 children,  and the rest of the extended family. Bloody covid!! Im hoping this time I won't have to take antibiotics,  they were bloody awful and I felt dreadful! And I got thrush, although that has cleared up.

My hair is thinning, I'm thinking of shaving it all off again, as I'm becoming slightly obsessed with it!😂

Hope everyone else is ok.❤❤

ELLEGEE77

Morning all. 

I think we all sound quite similar!

I'm day 8 post 2nd chemo. Next one due Christmas Eve. I haven't had sickness or nausea thanks to the 5 day drug. I've been tired and dazed and confused.

I've been eating little and very often, going to worry about the weight gain post chemo lol, just need to get through this. 

I've had constipation, but coming out of that now, although I have started my period and not sure if some of tummy issues is due to that, I am very heavy, which I could do without lol.

My heads cold too, I put my hoody up in the house and my head is like velcro at the mo, the hood sticks to it lol. 

As a few of you have said, we're another down yay. We're going in the right direction!!! Xxxxxx

Felinefriendly

Evening ladies 

My next one  is on  16th

This 2nd one didnt feel as bad at the time with sickness 

Did have tingling feet alot and bit more tirdness for first few days... And yea some brain fog... Like texting conversations was totally hard work and talkung was too... Lol.... I came across as bit confused but i wasnt in myself... Seemed to do alot sitting down staring into space or thinking 

Lasted about 5 days  then energy and clarity came back so been trying sort my kids pressys out before 16th and planned online food shop..... Baldy head now withbit fuzz left..... Itchy calmed down a bit been slapping aveeni cream in it.... So cold without hair... Never relised.... Wear them soft chemo hats in bed even to keep warm.... Off amazon...

And fluffy hat for outdoors.... 

I still had constipation even with all my stuff..... Takes about 4-5 days to start shifting.... Appetite pretty good too. 

Hope every one managing  xxxx 💕❄️💕

charlotte3112

Hi Ladies I’m on day 9 of 2nd cycle, just now coming around to nearly normal. Days 3 to 6 are just awful, raging hot flushes, fatigue, hangover, constipation and body aches and I could eat a whole supermarket in one sitting, I think it’s the steroids. Lots of water and not eating after 6pm has helped with acid along with some fab tablets the Dr prescribed. Next chemo on 22nd so Christmas Day and Boxing day will be a challenge but celebrating half way through, still need to keep positive and away from getting into low moods (my husband can vouch for these, he has a habit to just breath😬🤣 that sends me over the edge) I’m not to bad with the baldness although my head itches like mad at night, I’m now wearing a bamboo sleep cap looking like a nun extra from ‘call the midwife’! Hope you’re all coming out of the chemo fog and hitting day 10 soon 💃🏼. Take care and I’m sure we’ll be soon into the festivities with another chemo down 👍💕💕

Smilodon

Hi Aqua

just coming out of the poor post-chemo week. Feeling a bit low and run down but hoping that will change over the next couple of days. If pattern goes as it seems, I'll be at my lowest over the Xmas weekend so need to plan for that. Xmas is a distraction as well though - I often find Jan- Mar a low time at the best of times after the usual bustle of Nov-Dec. 

I'm generally pretty good for 2 days after chemo especially with the extra bouncy steroids I get for my drug allergy so I'm planning to bake the next day (22nd)  then do the food shopping 23rd before I go down hill.

Cat is going to the vet - maybe a stomach bug or a bite not sure. I hope she's Ok I think I will totally lose the plot if I lose my cat-therapist. 

I have to say I am not rocking the baldy look - I look like the Borg Queen's ugly sister. Keeping my beanie on.

S

aqua76

Morning everyone

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

Hard to think about Christmas but I suppose it’s another distraction. 

x

LadyGaga72

Hi,

I’ve never been offered any injections either for white blood cells. I had my fourth treatment on Wednesday, all going well but had a bit of nausea and fatigue today. It was also the week for my Herceptin, not liking those very much and sixteen more to go.  Still persevering with the cold cap, all ok at the moment but I know early days. 

Hope all going well with all you ladies.

🤗 

marblecake22

Hi everyone 

hope you are all managing ok? I reached a turning point about day 10 too and I’ve had a fairly normal week this week.

apart from the hair .., day 14 on the button started coming out fast. I couldn’t bare to wash or comb it and went to the salon with it pretty gross this morning to get shaved off and wig fitted.

I feel better now it’s done tbh - the guy was laughing as I was more shocked how grey I actually am than it coming off.. I’ve been dying my hair for years! Guess this might force me to just go grey after it’s all over. 
I’m back to oncologist Monday then hopefully round 2 Thursday 

As others have said I found the injections gave the worst side effects - I had them for 7 days after my treatment. I can only describe the pain as like really bad growing pains.I didn’t take anything this time around, guess I was testing the water to see how bad it got, but I will next time. 
I’m swapping halfway through to FEC so I will just get used to one set of side effects then have to get used to another set! 

hope everyone has a restful weekend ❤️

aqua76

My hair loss started lightly on 15 and then got worse the next few days. I don’t know why I haven’t just shaved it off yet!!

i did the cold cap and while I have some thin horrible straggly bits I am a bit of a friar tuck up top!

have started getting some scarves,bandanas and expecting a wig too

always said I’d give the cap a go but am so relieved I don’t have to keep going with. The thought of it makes me feel sick now 🤢 

fionafayker

After feeling nauseous pretty much all last week,  since I've stopped taking the antibiotics (taken for a possible infection after a trip to the hospital!), I have been feeling almost 'normal. Last night I slept for 8 hours, without having to get up for the loo, for the first time in about 6 weeks! The nurse came today to flush my line, no problems there, but turns out I have thrush, in my groin. I've never had it in my life, (I'm 57!!), but she's contacted my gp so I should get something for it soon! I've had no hair loss yet, but I'm thinking that might come after my next round next week. I'm hoping that I'll feel like this in 3 weeks as it will be Christmas, although it will only be me and my husband,  it would be nice to feel relatively normal! 😍🎄🎄

aqua76

I have one injection, 24hrs after my chemo, which I self administer at home

FiFi2020

Hi All

Re: wrists - I did get heavy stiff wrists the evening of my chemo sessions actually but wasn’t causing me too much discomfort. I have a PICC line - I think this does help reduce any aches. I had my second round of Acc-EC yesterday and they gave me an extra Domperidone tablet while at the hospital along with some heartburn relief capsules to have and this combo seemed to work well. I got home about 1:30pm (chemo at 9am) and felt very groggy with a headache and some heartburn from 4:30-9:00pm but did actually sleep no nausea this time. Have woken up feeling a little hungover but managed to have breakfast and am drinking my water so no complaints so far. Did the cold cap again so I guess I’ll find out in the next 10 days how successful it’s been as today is day 15 since my first session (am having EC fortnightly). For those that are cold capping too, when did you find most of your hair first started shedding?

Hope everyone else coping ok and hope you have lovely weekends. Off to buy a Christmas tree (along with everyone else I imagine!!)

x

Smilodon

I have the injections for 5 days post chemo. MY WB counts are pretty high so they must be working. With a kid in school I figure they might be worth it but I also don't really pull round until day 10.

Lady with back pain that eased after chemo - that might be the steroids.

My second chemo was much smoother than the first (first - Allergic reaction like John Hurt in Alien - at least all the nurses remember me!). Got preloaded extra steroids and antihistamines, stopped that drug when I got some warning pain but then carried on OK. Just means it'll still be around 7 hours not shorter.  Lots of interest in my new port which I'm very pleased I got as I have at least 12 more infusions to go. Lady getting phlebitis - maybe consider a line of some sort - PICC or port?

Feeling OK today - will be interested to see how days 3-7 go as they were pretty challenging last time. I don't get a lot of nausea - and no constipation - quite the opposite! But the aches, pains, neuropathy (dr lowered my docetaxol a bit for that) and mucositis (sore and bloody at both ends - no more chillis for me <<sad>>) are tedious. I think I'm a bit drug sensitive.

bikergirl1

Hi Ellegee77

Yes I’ve been given the injections but only for 7 days post chemo. I’m not sure if it’s a Trust policy or how they decide 🤷🏻‍♀️  Maybe ask your consultant about it next time you see them xx