1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2020 Chemo Starters

fionafayker

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

I'm currently receiving my 2nd round. I've been feeling quite good the last 10 days or so. Hopefully I'll be feeling ok at Christmas. Its only me and my husband this year, will miss seeing my 2 children,  and the rest of the extended family. Bloody covid!! Im hoping this time I won't have to take antibiotics,  they were bloody awful and I felt dreadful! And I got thrush, although that has cleared up.

My hair is thinning, I'm thinking of shaving it all off again, as I'm becoming slightly obsessed with it!😂

Hope everyone else is ok.❤❤

ELLEGEE77

Morning all. 

I think we all sound quite similar!

I'm day 8 post 2nd chemo. Next one due Christmas Eve. I haven't had sickness or nausea thanks to the 5 day drug. I've been tired and dazed and confused.

I've been eating little and very often, going to worry about the weight gain post chemo lol, just need to get through this. 

I've had constipation, but coming out of that now, although I have started my period and not sure if some of tummy issues is due to that, I am very heavy, which I could do without lol.

My heads cold too, I put my hoody up in the house and my head is like velcro at the mo, the hood sticks to it lol. 

As a few of you have said, we're another down yay. We're going in the right direction!!! Xxxxxx

Felinefriendly

Evening ladies 

My next one  is on  16th

This 2nd one didnt feel as bad at the time with sickness 

Did have tingling feet alot and bit more tirdness for first few days... And yea some brain fog... Like texting conversations was totally hard work and talkung was too... Lol.... I came across as bit confused but i wasnt in myself... Seemed to do alot sitting down staring into space or thinking 

Lasted about 5 days  then energy and clarity came back so been trying sort my kids pressys out before 16th and planned online food shop..... Baldy head now withbit fuzz left..... Itchy calmed down a bit been slapping aveeni cream in it.... So cold without hair... Never relised.... Wear them soft chemo hats in bed even to keep warm.... Off amazon...

And fluffy hat for outdoors.... 

I still had constipation even with all my stuff..... Takes about 4-5 days to start shifting.... Appetite pretty good too. 

Hope every one managing  xxxx 💕❄️💕

charlotte3112

Hi Ladies I’m on day 9 of 2nd cycle, just now coming around to nearly normal. Days 3 to 6 are just awful, raging hot flushes, fatigue, hangover, constipation and body aches and I could eat a whole supermarket in one sitting, I think it’s the steroids. Lots of water and not eating after 6pm has helped with acid along with some fab tablets the Dr prescribed. Next chemo on 22nd so Christmas Day and Boxing day will be a challenge but celebrating half way through, still need to keep positive and away from getting into low moods (my husband can vouch for these, he has a habit to just breath😬🤣 that sends me over the edge) I’m not to bad with the baldness although my head itches like mad at night, I’m now wearing a bamboo sleep cap looking like a nun extra from ‘call the midwife’! Hope you’re all coming out of the chemo fog and hitting day 10 soon 💃🏼. Take care and I’m sure we’ll be soon into the festivities with another chemo down 👍💕💕

Smilodon

Hi Aqua

just coming out of the poor post-chemo week. Feeling a bit low and run down but hoping that will change over the next couple of days. If pattern goes as it seems, I'll be at my lowest over the Xmas weekend so need to plan for that. Xmas is a distraction as well though - I often find Jan- Mar a low time at the best of times after the usual bustle of Nov-Dec. 

I'm generally pretty good for 2 days after chemo especially with the extra bouncy steroids I get for my drug allergy so I'm planning to bake the next day (22nd)  then do the food shopping 23rd before I go down hill.

Cat is going to the vet - maybe a stomach bug or a bite not sure. I hope she's Ok I think I will totally lose the plot if I lose my cat-therapist. 

I have to say I am not rocking the baldy look - I look like the Borg Queen's ugly sister. Keeping my beanie on.

S

aqua76

Morning everyone

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

Hard to think about Christmas but I suppose it’s another distraction. 

x

LadyGaga72

Hi,

I’ve never been offered any injections either for white blood cells. I had my fourth treatment on Wednesday, all going well but had a bit of nausea and fatigue today. It was also the week for my Herceptin, not liking those very much and sixteen more to go.  Still persevering with the cold cap, all ok at the moment but I know early days. 

Hope all going well with all you ladies.

🤗 

marblecake22

Hi everyone 

hope you are all managing ok? I reached a turning point about day 10 too and I’ve had a fairly normal week this week.

apart from the hair .., day 14 on the button started coming out fast. I couldn’t bare to wash or comb it and went to the salon with it pretty gross this morning to get shaved off and wig fitted.

I feel better now it’s done tbh - the guy was laughing as I was more shocked how grey I actually am than it coming off.. I’ve been dying my hair for years! Guess this might force me to just go grey after it’s all over. 
I’m back to oncologist Monday then hopefully round 2 Thursday 

As others have said I found the injections gave the worst side effects - I had them for 7 days after my treatment. I can only describe the pain as like really bad growing pains.I didn’t take anything this time around, guess I was testing the water to see how bad it got, but I will next time. 
I’m swapping halfway through to FEC so I will just get used to one set of side effects then have to get used to another set! 

hope everyone has a restful weekend ❤️

aqua76

My hair loss started lightly on 15 and then got worse the next few days. I don’t know why I haven’t just shaved it off yet!!

i did the cold cap and while I have some thin horrible straggly bits I am a bit of a friar tuck up top!

have started getting some scarves,bandanas and expecting a wig too

always said I’d give the cap a go but am so relieved I don’t have to keep going with. The thought of it makes me feel sick now 🤢 

fionafayker

After feeling nauseous pretty much all last week,  since I've stopped taking the antibiotics (taken for a possible infection after a trip to the hospital!), I have been feeling almost 'normal. Last night I slept for 8 hours, without having to get up for the loo, for the first time in about 6 weeks! The nurse came today to flush my line, no problems there, but turns out I have thrush, in my groin. I've never had it in my life, (I'm 57!!), but she's contacted my gp so I should get something for it soon! I've had no hair loss yet, but I'm thinking that might come after my next round next week. I'm hoping that I'll feel like this in 3 weeks as it will be Christmas, although it will only be me and my husband,  it would be nice to feel relatively normal! 😍🎄🎄

aqua76

I have one injection, 24hrs after my chemo, which I self administer at home

FiFi2020

Hi All

Re: wrists - I did get heavy stiff wrists the evening of my chemo sessions actually but wasn’t causing me too much discomfort. I have a PICC line - I think this does help reduce any aches. I had my second round of Acc-EC yesterday and they gave me an extra Domperidone tablet while at the hospital along with some heartburn relief capsules to have and this combo seemed to work well. I got home about 1:30pm (chemo at 9am) and felt very groggy with a headache and some heartburn from 4:30-9:00pm but did actually sleep no nausea this time. Have woken up feeling a little hungover but managed to have breakfast and am drinking my water so no complaints so far. Did the cold cap again so I guess I’ll find out in the next 10 days how successful it’s been as today is day 15 since my first session (am having EC fortnightly). For those that are cold capping too, when did you find most of your hair first started shedding?

Hope everyone else coping ok and hope you have lovely weekends. Off to buy a Christmas tree (along with everyone else I imagine!!)

x

Smilodon

I have the injections for 5 days post chemo. MY WB counts are pretty high so they must be working. With a kid in school I figure they might be worth it but I also don't really pull round until day 10.

Lady with back pain that eased after chemo - that might be the steroids.

My second chemo was much smoother than the first (first - Allergic reaction like John Hurt in Alien - at least all the nurses remember me!). Got preloaded extra steroids and antihistamines, stopped that drug when I got some warning pain but then carried on OK. Just means it'll still be around 7 hours not shorter.  Lots of interest in my new port which I'm very pleased I got as I have at least 12 more infusions to go. Lady getting phlebitis - maybe consider a line of some sort - PICC or port?

Feeling OK today - will be interested to see how days 3-7 go as they were pretty challenging last time. I don't get a lot of nausea - and no constipation - quite the opposite! But the aches, pains, neuropathy (dr lowered my docetaxol a bit for that) and mucositis (sore and bloody at both ends - no more chillis for me <<sad>>) are tedious. I think I'm a bit drug sensitive.

bikergirl1

Hi Ellegee77

Yes I’ve been given the injections but only for 7 days post chemo. I’m not sure if it’s a Trust policy or how they decide 🤷🏻‍♀️  Maybe ask your consultant about it next time you see them xx

charlotte3112

Hi Ellegee77

I asked the same question to my Oncologist because I wasn’t expecting to self inject. She said although my WBC was low before my first chemo it was ok for my 2nd she wanted to be safe in case I caught a virus I think she was referring to the current covid situation so I’m not deficient in anything It’s standard for her to prescribe 5 days worth to her patients anyway because they can drop quick, ask your Oncologist. I find that after the 5 days on injections that you start taking on day 3 to 7 I start to feel normal and by day 10 great. I hope your second chemo goes ok, it was a lot better than the first I’m now on day 3 and so far I’ve been ok. Like you I think one of the anti-sickness was a problem more than the chemo! The other thing I’ve not done so far is take any paracetamol I’ve not needed it and feel ok and less constipated but I have drank 3 litres every day (750ml bottles Evian) goes everywhere every time Ive been to the loo in the night and get back into bed I drink (lots of loo trips) but it’s really worked for me it’s flushed everything through.

good luck you’ll do great, drink plenty before your infusion and keep drinking flush it out. I’ll be thinking you 😘 💕💕

ELLEGEE77

Just a random question but do you all have white blood cell injections? I've never been offered them. Wonder if it's a hospital trust thing.

I'm having EC number 2 tomorrow, giving me a different anti sickness, can't remember the name but said it lasts 5 days, hopefully no overnight stays in hospital this time.

Take care all, thinking of you xxxxxx

aqua76

Anyone experiencing sore/bruised wrists and arms?

oncologist said it sounds like phlebitis:(

started at my wrist and now moved up to elbow. 
does anyone have any tips?? 

Felippe

Hi Sugapiesan

ive had back trouble too. A few days after my lumpectomy, my lower back had gone, which then led to a few weeks of sciatica pain in my right leg. It’s been quite debilitating as I wasn’t very mobile and I really wanted to be moving about more before chemo started. My oncologist did an MRI and this came back as a compressed disc and unrelated to the cancer (I had triple negative breast) - which was a relief, but still not ideal! It’s getting better and weirdly all pain disappeared for about 5 days after my first chemo on the 25th. I still have a bit of pain but it’s more of a discomfort rather than the bad pain I had last month. 

charlotte3112

Smilodon hope your 2nd chemo goes ok today I had my 2nd yesterday and up to now all going ok. Had the usual 5 trips to the loo in the night because I’m drinking so much water to try and flush chemo through. Oncologist agreed to take me off Ondansetron Anti-sickness because they are known to create constipation (just in case any of you ladies are on them and struggling to pop) I was 5 days trying on the 1st chemo so I’m well armed with industrial shpoo shifter sachets just in case. They’ve also increased the dexa steroids by 2 days smaller doses just to get me over the day 3 glitch when I struggled to even get to the loo from my bed. Just these little tweaks the Oncologist said should help, she said you must tell them because everyone is different. I feel as though I’m controlling the chemo this time instead of the chemo controlling me! I’m glad Jomich50 mentioned the clarityn an hour before filgrastim to help with aches I’m going to give it a go. I try laying on my side with pillow between my knees to stop the aches in the thighs and hips seems to work for me. Also I’ve been using CeraVee moisturiser for body daily also Body shop Olive range ‘very dry’ moisturiser has been fantastic, it was a gift but I’m hooked. Well I can honestly say day 2 of 2nd Chemo going ok👍. Take care ladies and keep safe, I’m in tier 3 area so I’m not missing any Christmas parties. Our Christmas may be different but our spring and summer will be amazing 🥰💃🏼🕺🥂💕💕

Smilodon

I also had a lot of pain from the filgrastim injections. I discovered the antihistamine fix by accident when I took it for a rash near the cannula site. I found it helped all the aches as well. I looked up a couple of papers and saw it's recommended generally to support chemo issues - some antihistamines are better than others and clarityn is one of the better ones so ordered a big box. Will try jomich50's suggestion - one an hour before. I usually inject at 5 hoping it's tailing off in the morning.

Second chemo tomorrow (docetaxal/heceptin/pertuzumab - I shift to EC in Feb). Port went in today - very smooth procedure and they've left the needle in for tomorrow which is not as uncomfortable as it sounds although I am curious how I'm going to sleep with it in. First chemo I had an allergic reaction to pertuzumab so hoping that will be controlled tomorrow - anymore problems and that drug will have to go.  

jomich50

Hi there 

injection aches are bad few weeks back on carbo taxol found clarityn an hour before and then co codamol just before worked wonders and doing them around 6pm helped me xx

charlotte3112

Hi Bikergirl

glad you’re going ok. I’m just sat waiting for my 2nd FEC so hoping it’s better than the first one😬. I’ve got a full list of questions this time for the oncologist so hopefully all goes ok. As you say another one done and tbh I bounced back brilliant by day 10. I’ve completely lost my hair now and just experimenting with my new wig, I keep looking at people in the waiting room thinking “ can you tell I’m wearing a wig” 🤣🤣. I usually just wear scarf or turban but thought well I’ll give my wig a day out lol. I’m ok with WBInjections but I get a raging hot flushes so do them late at night before bed along with dissolving paracetamol and it seems to keep the aches at bay. Will keep you posted, stay positive we’re nearly half way 👍💕💕😃xx

bikergirl1

Hi Charlotte3112 and everyone else,

i am also on EC-T I agree it is very overwhelming but I hope that your chemo is going well. I have just had my second round of EC so one more to go and then I have to move to docetaxel which I don’t mind admitting I am a little scared about as I know my pattern when it come to EC but, I guess as you say it’s a ride we can’t get off, we just have to belt in and go for it. I lost my hair about 3 weeks into EC which I’m fine with and I have found some good suppliers of turbans and there is one online lady that has a good channel to show you how to tie your own turban with an old t-shirt (who knew 😁). The one thing I am struggling with is the white blood cell injections, the injection themselves are fine but the muscle and bone ache I find overwhelming and I can’t take ibuprofen as I’m also on Tinzaparin because I ended up with blood clots along my PICC line 🙄. However on a positive note I’m 2 rounds down only 5 to go.  Hope your journey is being kind to you x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dark polish kept my nails 👍 others have used a nail treatment that’s worked too, sorry don’t know what it’s called 👍 I went without anything on head while home, but had more wigs than you could shake a stick at (steroid chemo shopping finger) 🤣🤣 tinsel ones for Christmas, coloured bobs, the lot 🤣🤣 I tried to have fun with it, I donated my hair to little princes trust pre chemo, just tried to turn everything into a positive so it felt more like my choices if that makes sense ❤️💕💕Shi xx

ELLEGEE77

I'm so pleased to read that people's effects of chemo 2 aren't too bad. Mines Thursday, as we all know can't say as I'm looking forward to it, but feel positive, I'm just hoping I'm not sick or nauseous this time.

Well my hair had to go today, I gently brushed it and the brush was full of hair. My daughter cut my pony tail off and hubby shaved. It is very patchy! My daughter has given me an extra bald patch as if you pull it it just comes out, it's prob 1/2 cm now.

I went for the bandana look last time, but I'm not sure this time, think I'll try scarfs. I may get a wig, but not sure. I'll go 'naked' in the house.

Has anyone been wearing dark nail varnish? Or is than more for the taxol? I didn't when I did FEC and my nails were fine. But have read dark polish is good for taxols?

Good luck to everyone xxxx

Felinefriendly

Hello lovely ladies 

Havnt updated for a bit sorry

Had my 2 nd session last wed... This time i sucked polo mints threw it and for some weird readin it realy made a difference..... I too didnt have the bad hangover this time... Bit if weird feelings in ny feet this time round

Bit more constipation even though i was prepared..... Generally feeling ok apart from being stuck in house since October 16th... Only been going out for appointments

Weather looks crap anyway and theres ni where to go to..... So have my little xmas tree up already and been going slightly crazy on e bay in niddle of night like mentioned before..... Ever so strange lol..... Postmen are getting ratty with me i can tell lol...... They bang in door hard to leave packages as if to say again!!! Well cant go in shops so doing what i can 😀😏🤔

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

MayC

I (like Aqua) had my second EC on Tuesday 24th, and am pleasantly surprised at how much better I've tolerated it. I felt very 'un-motivated' for a couple of days, but that didn't have that 'hangover' feeling. 

I have issues with the PICC line, (bruising, reaction to dressing - must phone the unit!) but feel generally OK. I'd prepared for the constipation (!) and was able to ease off the anti-sickness meds early too.

I lost masses of hair the weekend before my second treatment, which was really upsetting. But, I still have hair. Much thinner, but it's still there, and I think, if you didn't know me, you probably wouldn't know I was having treatment. Do be prepared for it, as much as you can be, as it sounds like a big shed is usual around day 17-21. 

I am still cold capping, and will continue, Even if all my hair falls out, the cold cap is supposed to help the re-growth, so looking to the future and all...😀

Also, the day of my first treatment, I met a woman, doing the same regime as me, who was in for her third EC. She hadn't cold capped and had no hair, eyebrows or lashes, so I actually think I'm doing well so far! Have to say, I was very impressed by her, and a little jealous of the 'lack' of time she must spend there (without the cold cap time investment) but not sure I could do it.

It's a rubbish thing we're all having to do. But just remember your 2nd treatment is another one nearer the end! 

Big Hugs for Weds 🤗🤗🤗

aqua76

Hi Fifi, 

Am doing ok actually. EC round two has definitely felt less challenging than round one. This time last cycle I had been laid up in bed for a day with a very sore throat (mucositis) whereas I’ve been out and about today (although needed a wee lie down after a walk)

I did use cold cap on Tuesday but more hair started thinning about day 17/18. It’s really thinned out now with some bald patches on top. I have the worst comb over! 😢😢

have ordered a wig so hopefully that helps!

i think I’ve been lucky with my reactions. After day 8/9 last time I felt generally fine and was able to carry on life as normal. Am hoping this cycle will be similar. 
hope everything goes ok for your next session, I just want this to be over with. Thought of my next injections just makes me feel sick 🤢 

On plus side, I’ve seen the last of the cold cap so time in hospital will be reduced, and my little ones Covid test was negative so a weight off my shoulders 

x

FiFi2020

Hello 

Just wondering how you’re feeling after EC round 2, hopefully you’ve managed to have a nice weekend and rested up.  I have my second session this Wednesday so off to have bloods checked tomorrow. Would you say this session has mirrored your last session symptom-wise? Or was it harder/easier the first few days after chemo? Are you still persevering with the cold cap? I know you mentioned your hair has thinned - what day did this start happening? I’m currently 11 days after my first session so anticipating some hair loss in the next 7 days - fun and games!

Hope your little boy’s Covid test goes ok!

x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Smilofon 👍 chemo steroid finger shopping 👍👍 wait till you have it in the middle of the night then next morning you are 🤔🤔🤔did I dream I shopped or what 🤔🤔🤔then the parcels start arriving. 😁 it’s all part of crazy chemo journey and we always blamed it on the steroids 👍😘💕💕Shi xx

Smilodon

I'm looking at wigs this morning too. My hair is really moulting. I have a nice hat and beanies - but I think I'd like a wig too afterall.

Bit nervous about port and chemo this week as I had a lot of problems last time. Distracting myself with online Xmas shopping.

aqua76

well I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a wig! 
Hair is so horrible and thinning out. Still can’t believe how much comes out when I comb it in morning. 😢

feeling ok after EC number two. Have been coping with two doses of anti sickness pills in a day instead of three. 
last time I got very sore throat on day 5 so waiting to see what happens now. 
my taste buds haven’t quite gone yet. 

and for my little boy booked in for Covid tomorrow so least that should (hopefully) give me peace of mind

happy Friday ladies. Hope you are all well and surviving. 

xxx

Sugapiesan

Sorry for late reply, yes I’m on injections. Still have a sore back now but it did ease a lot after that first day! I called the hotline about it the following day because I just wanted to know if it was the chemo or the injections and they said either or both. They wanted me to go see my GP about it but I didn’t (naughty) I’ll see what occurs next time. It feels more like sciatic pain now it has settled down c

LadyGaga72

Hi, joining late to the party... similar story - lumpectomy to remove a small tumour on 7th September. Mine was a grade 1 with no node involvement but ER and HER 2 positive. Also on taxol weekly for 12 weeks, Herceptin x18 and radiotherapy. Also started chemo on 11th November. 

I had my third treatment yesterday and trying the cold cap but not holding my breath. I’m finding everything ok at the moment but not becoming too complacent as it’s early days and still feels like a bad dream happening to someone else. I’m finding a few more strands of hair coming out today - that really scares me, the thought of losing it all. 

Hope you are all getting on well with your treatments and sending positive vibes 🙏🏻

ELLEGEE77

I'm a week behind you, but know how you feel. 

I was sick and I'm just hoping I'm not next time, I can cope with all the other symptoms. 

I have a 9 year old and do worry about her bringing stuff home too, I do try to chill a little as there is so much to contend with. 

We have to keep thinking every day that passes we are nearing the end of the dreaded chemo, I can cope with surgery and radio, it's just chemo is so hard both physically and mentally, isn't it. 

If mine goes to plan my final dose of EC us Christmas Eve, I'm so gutted, more for my daughter, but also me I love Christmas. But again it's one year, hopefully out of many more, plus its strange for everyone this year with Covid. 

You've made another step, sending you hugs and good vibes xxxxx

aqua76

We are on same regime and same timeline x

i had my second EC yesterday. Felt lot more emotional about having it. Maybe reality finally hitting. Managed not to cry though. 
suffered the cold cap again, guess we will know in next eee while whether it will be effective. 
I felt rubbish yesterday even with another antisickness tablet. 
but feeling ok today. Managed few hrs work and managed my injection!

in other news my little boy was sent home from nursery to quarantine as he had a positive case in his bubble. Worst timing ever!!

plus I’m in fear of him actually having something and passing it on! 
just to add to all the other stuff I’m having to deal with 😢😢😢😢

Kati

Hi, all good! spoke with the team and they said it sounded like it might be acid/reflux?

I do have some Lansoprozole which i take at that time of the month along with Mefanamic acid for heavy bleeding so took some of that and it is much better today 🙂 xx

MayC

Morning All!!

I did my 2nd EC yesterday and so far, feel OK today. But it's still early so we'll see how it goes. I think I feel better then I did at this point last time. That said, I now have omeprozole, and mouthwash AND senna which I'll likely need for next week - SO don't want to do that constipation again 😣

I had a PICC line fitted yesterday too, so it was a long day. In at 8.45, managed to leave by 4. Very grateful to my mate who's driving me!

Like a few of you, my hair is also driving me mad! It started shedding last week (Day 17) and I was so upset. You know it's going to happen (esp with EC, and even with cold cap) but seeing that first 'dormouse nest' it's a real eye-opener. I spent the weekend just getting annoyed with hair in my face, my pillow, just EVERYWHERE...so when, on Day 21, I lost probably 4 times that amount, I was more surprised at how upset I WASN'T. I have considered getting the clipppers out as my hair really hurts at the root, but kinda think I've now invested 8 hours (ish) in cold capping, so I'll probably see how it progresses. I look in the mirror and it doesn't look too different at the mo, so maybe that's a good sign. I have another 2 EC to go, then onto Carbo/Taxol, which is, apparently less damaging to hair, and sometimes it can start growing again during that regime. Here's hoping. 😃

Also wanted to say, I am really valuing this site. We still have a long way to go with this process, but knowing you're all in the same position as me, and experiencing similar worries, feelings, etc it's a real help. 

Thank-You muchly, and big hugs to you all 🤗🤗🤗

Smilodon

For a cream - I was recommended Aveena which is for sensitive skin and eczema (my daughter uses it already).

I got mucositis and reflux which peaked in the second week (last week). I was already prescribed omeprazole which deals with the gut/swallowing end and nurse said double the does to morning and night and that did improve things. For the mouth, soft food, soft toothbrush and a non-alcohol mouth rinse. If it gets worse I will ask if there's something more they can give me - nurse also mentioned a prescription for Diflam mouthwash which as an anaesthetic in it so you can eat a bit more easily but it got better and I didn't ask for that yet.

This is my third week after chemo and pleased to feel like myself - side effects are very mild and it's business as usual. I had quite severe drug reactions to first chemo and also the filgrastim injections so I am more anxious about second chemo next week than I was about the first one. I'm having a port fitted on Tuesday which I know is a good thing but I'm a bit of a baby about medical procedures generally and then I'll be using it the next day which also makes me nervous.

Hoping at least I'll always have one good week out of the three. Chemo on Dec 21 so need to pre-plan Xmas.

jomich50

Let me know i am on weekly second today hair thinning nothing major but the thought of 15 chemo sessions of cold cap not sure at mo.  Going to brave it again today x 

jomich50

Hi 

I was told aloe Vera gel is good x

Felinefriendly

Hello 

Any advice for super itchy head

Hair is falling out lots but i had a skinhead..... Can see big bald patchs

What do u advise putting on the  head when all hairs gone like cream or something

Feels bit sore and itchy driving  me potty 

I will ask them tomorrow on my 2nd chemo xxx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Kati hope you managed to check symptoms out with your team 👍❤️Please let us know how you are ❤️💕💕Shi xx

aqua76

Hi Kati

i had similar. Was day 5 after my first treatment. Woke up and felt like my throat was closing up, difficult to swallow and just generally felt rubbish

oncolgist said it sounded like mucositis. I had a paracetamol and just plenty of sips of cold water. Also just stayed in bed that day

it only lasted a couple of days. 

Just had my 2nd treatment so expecting I might get something similar at the weekend. Mentioned it to pharmacist but she didn’t have anything for it

just keep an eye and phone yr team. I’d let them know as matter of course just so they are aware

x

Kati

Thanks Shi, will do 🙂 xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Katie, please ring your unit rapid response number and tell them your symptoms it could be something that needs antibiotics, please don’t leave it always best to check with them ❤️ When you are on chemo it’s not like usual where you think oh I’ll see how it is tomorrow you must phone your unit, even with no temperature 👍keep safe 💕💕Shi xx

Kati

Hi all, im Kati, new to posting. I was diagnosed with breast cancer end of August and have had 2 surgeries, one for the lump and sentinal nodes and then 4 weeks afterwards for lymph clearance. I had my first chemo last Monday and luckily havent had any side effects as such so far but i have noticed that the last couple of days i feel as if there is a 'lump' or some discomfort when swallowing. Is this anything to do with the chemo does any one know?  thanks 🙂

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭❤️Feline friendly please do ring the number on here and speak to nurse or the someone like me option could help too with anxiety ❤️ Also speak to your team they have support in place at your trust to help you ❤️❤️ Everyone is different and you will find something that helps you chuck it in a room and shut the door on it and keep the key in your pocket, remember Cinderella Disney when the wicked step mum locked Cinderella up in that room, well pretend you are the wicked step mum and lock it up in the room and you’ve got they key so only if you walk back up all those stairs and take they key out of your pocket and open the door can it become a thought. ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Felinefriendly

Hi aqua and everyone 

Same as u although id chopped mine and then had skin head

Had a bath its all in the bath on my pillow and generally floating around

Head feels itchy and sore  if i touch it it comes out too 

I didnt do the cold cap

Hope tomorrow goes well for you.. Xxx👍💛

My anxiety is buildng back up 😱

aqua76

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Well, right on the dot, day 15 my nurse said, thats when the hair loss starts (on EC) and yep its true.

I did try the cold cap for session one, but my hair has decided to come out big time 😞

Not doing much with it, but even combing it in morning, and the pile of hair looks like a small rodent!

So, with my next session of EC tomorrow i need to decide if its worth suffering another cold cap head freeze!

Tempted to just get clippers out, or comb it all out!!!

Aaaaagh, it was all going so well.....

x