Trying my best withit 😂😂

Wig has been sorted and will be on wayand ha e purchased some hats

Its very cold with shorter hair ❄️🎩🧡

Hope everyones doing ok 

Love to u all

marblecake22

Re: November 2020 Chemo Starters

Hi ladies

my chemo starts on the 19th - still another week but I have a date at last. 
Signed my life away ... all the side effects explained to me blew me away a bit😫 but it’s got to be done. Eventually got my CT results so no other cancer - big relief 

I’m starting on FEC for my first 3 rounds then 3 of a different kind ( can remember what at this moment in time)

are you ladies taking your temperature everyday? I’m a hypochondriac at the best of times - I’m going to have to really change my mind set! 

love and strength to you all ... my chemo will take about 18 weeks - I’m going to plant some bulbs today - when they are out this part of my treatment will be over 🤞🏼

charlotte3112

Hi Elleegee

had my first FEC on 10th and this is probably the first time I’ve been able to actually be bothered to write anything. This stuff has completely wiped me out I feel so poorly shivering and low temp can’t seem to get over 35c. I’ve managed a slice of toast snd 2 tangerines since treatment I just feel so sick. I noticed you’d had FEC before, I’m dreading the next one. The cannula was ok and for the first 3 hours after treatment I was fine but phew. But I’m going to have to eat because it can’t be helping the dizziness when I get up. Good luck with your treatment 💕and hopefully in a few days I’ll be some sort of normal and can post positive things 🤞🤞💕💕

ELLEGEE77

I had FEC 14 years ago and I was drained for about 10-14 days. The first few were the worst. The 3rd week was on the up ready to be knocked back down again.

I had a metallic taste and went off tea and coffee. 

I had cannula's back then, veins basically got worse as that chemo went on, so I've got a PICC line this time, as I think they'd struggle to canulate me now, so am happy they can take blood and give chemo! I was always covered in bruises and they were sore. I had 4 unsuccessful attempts for blood on Monday, they gave up in the end, I had the PICC Line put in yesterday. It was really easy and I didn't feel a thing, although put on my original BC side so I do have numbness on that side. 

So I'm intrigued to see how I will be this time. My main difference is that I have a 9 year old daughter and she's a worrier. 

I'll be back soon to see how you're all getting on xxxcc

Smilodon

Hi Feline - I'm in the UK and we're advised not to go to shop including pharmacies. Having said that - I went to the pharmacy on Friday for my dh who has been ill. SO if someone could go for you that might be best - otherwise just take care. You can call your local pharmacist to home deliver - I will do that next time. I also regularly order non-prescription stuff (and if it's one item bulk it out with ordinary stuff like soap I would be buying anyway) online.

I have chemo yesterday in a cannula in the forearem. Will need the next one same then next day I get a port fitted. Advantage of a PICC though is that ALL your bloods and IVs can go in it - by the port is no good for bloods or scan IVs. I have a tough time with cannulas - it's my biggest weakness in all this.

Had chemo yesterday, Herceptin and docetaxel (EC next set of cycles). Was going smothlyt and I was even working on my laptop. I just sent an email and a few minutes later had a full on allergic reaction to Herceptin. Apparently it's fairly rare but fortunately dr had mentioned the possibility - he said  it would be an emergence and feel like a movie scene but don't be alarmed or panic as it happens now and again and they now how to deal with it. Really glad I knew that beforehand so mentioning it here just in case. It was rough for a while and I was mainly afraid I would get all my drugs but the dosed me up with stuff and we cracked on.

Extra steroids left me ready to eat my own body weight in snacks. Lot of tingly hands/arms and other funny small things today but up and about fine.

Felinefriendly

Hi everyone can anyine tell me if im ok to go out to chemist and shop

Lost my confidence with all this 

I need pick up more meds for constipation 

Im going be prepared for next tine by taking constipation stuff before hand as ive had a struggle but seems better now 

Ive been using arnica gel on me bruises from various injections and biopsies and seems to heal bruise up quick

My girls are still staying at there auntie and getting taxi school and back 

As i was worried about delaing with them but im feeling kot better today so now feel guilty but of course next ine on 25th so then it will be same again

Sleeping is strange.. Dont feel like i haveslept when i have but not ain a tired way

MayC

Hi ELLEGEE77 - firstly good luck for Thursday! My mouth has been OK, so I can't comment on the ice, tho I think I've found a funny taste after taking the post-treatment injections. (Everything's a bit weird so not 100% sure!)

I'm now on Day 7 of treatment (Day 1 being 1st chemo treatment) and I still just feel 'drained'!

It's not even 'tired' as I'm sleeping OK. Wondered if that's just me?

That said, I did manage to do a few bits yesterday, went out to post a letter, did a bit of sewing, made dinner (rather then just reheating!) so I guess I'm on the up 🙂

Did anyone have a canula/IV line rather then PICC? I'm due to have one on 20th Nov, but the veins on my hand that were used last week are still really sore - feels like it's bruised, but not much colour.

Big Hugs to you all whatever this week brings us!

ELLEGEE77

How's everyone doing?

Charlotte3112 good luck tomorrow for your first.

I've seen the chemo team and had MUGA scan today, as long as all ok start Thursday. I'm having EC first and nurse said suck on ice, helps with sore mouth. So will give it a go.

Get a PICC line tom, 3 people tried 4 times to get blood today, wasn't going to happen, so having out of the line tomorrow.

Xxxxx

enem76

Hi Smilodon 

Hood luck for tomorrow morning I’m sure you will be fine keep us updated , I lay down last night and fell asleep woke up at nearly lunchtime today 🙈and I felt much better and haven’t been since thankfully today was quite a good day next time( hopefully there isn’t one I won’t hesitate to call for advise ) it’s a long time since I have felt unwell and hopefully I won’t feel like that again , my first chemo went fine I was actually surprised how smooth it went let us know how you go tomorrow speak soon and night night xxxx😘

Smilodon

enem - did you call to ask? My nurse told me to keep Imodium in the house for the runs. For constipation - a couple of people have said the only thing that would shift it was suppositories so I thought I would get a packet in just in case. Then I'm prepared either way.

First chemo in the morning 😐

Anxious but eager to get on with it.

S

marblecake22

Hi ladies 

I’m a little bit behind you guys - had CT last night ( can think of better ways to spend a Saturday Eve!) and oncologist on Monday so hopefully I’ll get a start date for chemo. 

Got my wig ready - tbh it’s very close to my own hair so hopefully it will help me feel a bit normal when the time comes

as some of you have said - doing this in lockdown means we aren’t missing out on a lot! 

I just want to get started now - sooner started sooner finished 🤞🏼

keep smiling through ladies 

Clare xx 

enem76

Hi Tara 

Thank you very much I will give them a phone and let you know how I get on and thank you for replying good to have someone who’s been through it before 😘😘😘 xxxx

ttyler
Community Champion

Hi enem,

you need to contact  your unit and explain that you are unable to stop going to the loo. You should have a rapid response number to call. When I had diarrhoea they made me take a sample so that the could test it before taking anything. This is to check for infection.

Please give them a call, don’t suffer when you don’t have to, but please don’t take anything until they say it is safe to do so.

Let me know how you go.

Lots of love ❤️ Tara xxx

enem76

Hi Ladies 

hope your all well , today has been a complete washout , can’t stop running to the loo 💩 and it’s making me feel terrible , anybody any advise how to stop it I’ve no appetite just drinking water can’t remember if I’m able to take anything for it like Imodium or if better to let it run it’s course , day 8 thought I’d got away lightly anyway any advise would be greats speak soon love n hugs to you all 😘😘😘😘

jomich50

Hi all 

it’s good hearing all your stories and tips I start on 16th.   Wig arrived today looks nice but so strange.   Just ordered life Mel honey as I want to be prepared for everything.  Got nhs limbo now so finally had a decent shower hurrah.

i got that gift bag and dolly my kids are 7 and 11 my little one keeps saying he will take a cough for two days if it’s make me get rid of the c illness☺️😢.  Tough with kids but also easier as they keep you strong. Glad to see you all carrying on with lockdown at least we are stuck in and so is rest of Europe !   Keep going will be on here more when start xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

feline friendly, the steroids can give you botty block, I used to start on the senokot 3 days after chemo infusion and take for couple of days to get thing ‘moving’ 🤣🤣one of the other gals from oct17 thread was on movicol and that worked well for her, keep drinking plenty of fluids and look forward to dancing with joy 💃🏻💃🏻 When you 💩 👍 it is something to celebrate 👍 and perfectly normal to talk 💩💩on here quite a few have had botty block, then on t chemo you can need to run quicker than usain bolt because it can give you lava botty 🤣🤣 you have to 😁through 😘💕💕Shi xx

ttyler
Community Champion

Hi Felinefriendly,

If I remember correctly it took me a couple of days to go to the toilet for a 💩 after my first treatment. I did not have anything to help me go but did eat porridge like you say you are going to. I am not really a breakfast person, but ate this so that I could take the anti sickness. I am not sure if you have tried already but maybe try a little walk, even if just around your garden presuming you have one? This should help to get things going.

I am sorry I can’t help more. Let me know how you go.

Take care, love ❤️ Tara xxx

ttyler
Community Champion

Hello again everyone,

Aqua, I have 2 boys my youngest is 7 and has aspergers and my oldest is 10 now. I told my two that I was going to the hospital to get some really strong medicine that would make me better. I told them it was like when I give them calpol for a headache or fever but stronger. I wanted them to realise that if they get an illness or someone they know in the future that we have to be strong and take all treatment offered. I was so scared about going to the hospital for chemo especially on my own during the pandemic, but met some lovely people on the unit and on this site that helped me through. It’s made me stronger as a person and it will for you!

Not sure if it is of interest to anyone, but a charity called ‘Cancer hair care’ sent me a lovely knitted doll that turned in on itself. One side the doll had hair and the other had none. This really helped me explain to my youngest the process of what would happen when my hair came out as I decided not to cold cap. In fact he took it in to school on breast cancer awareness day last month  to explain my illness and the process of hair loss to his peers. I work at the school that my boys go to as a TA and they did a ‘wear it pink day’ to raise awareness. The t may help anyone that has children explained the process of what will happen. ‘Cancer hair care’ also sent me some eye lashes and advised me on how to take care of my scalp when my hair came out. 

Someone mentioned that they were worried about when their hair might come out. Mine came out on day 12 of my first cycle of FEC. I thought I would be really upset because I always took pride in my locks, but I can honestly say it was a relief. My hair had been coming out in little clumps at first, but by day 12 it was big Clumps. I felt like a golden retriever shedding hair 😝. The boys were picking it up off the floor. I asked my husband to shave it and he refused at first because he did not want to make me cry. I told him I would cry if he didn’t shave it because it was driving me insane. He cut it into a grade 3. The boys helped too and we had a good laugh about it. We took pictures which we will be able to look back at in the future to remind us of the journey we were on and how we got through it. I know everyone is not going to feel happy about loosing their hair, but please turn it into a positive as with the hair coming out you know the chemo should be doing it’s job and helping us get rid of the disease.

Like I said before, the paracetamol that definitely helped with the nose pain, but check it’s okay to use it with your unit first. Also, I think if you nose becomes dry around the edges of the nostrils you can use petroleum jelly to help. Please ask though about this as I did not use it myself but I seem to remember the chemo nurse recommending it. Just don’t put it up into the nostril as it can sting, only around the outside of the nostril.

If anyone is worried or has any questions about anything, please just ask and I will try to help. 

Hold onto one another and you will get through!

Hope you all have a lovely day, relax and take it easy!

Lots of love ❤️ Tara xxx

Felinefriendly

Hi ladies 

Cant sleep well i think ive had a couple of hours but woke again 

Phoned gp today for constipation as had sennakot and syrup of fis but no joy yet

Got perscription for stuff u add to water that tastes a bit yuk so did half of it in orane juice

Just had  a shredded wheat and looked up some yoga poses lol

Going have porridge in morning with chia seeds or flaz seeds 

Dont think ive been moving atound as much since wed but i girss its the anti sickness tablets 

Hope i go tomorrow 😅😑poo💩

aqua76

thanks for that Tara
thats my biggest fear at the moment, only being 3 days into a 6 month course of chemo!

plus this first one, just having no idea what the next day will bring. When side effects might kick in, when hair will start falling off

but one step at a time and we will all get through this ladies

i have a little boy, who is 4 in January. He’s keeps saying he is worried about me. I tell him ‘ mummy’s a strong cookie, dont u worry’

we are all strong cookies! Let’s do this and get through it!

xxx

Felinefriendly

Thanks for that didnt like that feeling in my nose 

Ordered some mints 

My nose feels quitesore still inside like sensitive. 

ttyler
Community Champion

Hi ladies,

I’m Tara, I have jumped in from the June chemo starters, hope you don’t mind?

I had 6 cycles of chemotherapy, 3 FEC and 3 T (docetaxol). When on FEC I found I got a strange fuzzy feeling over the top of my nose. Check with you unit but I was advised to take paracetamol half an hour before my infusion as long as my temp was not up. This definitely helped. Also sucking mints helped with the funny taste in my mouth. A Murray mint was good 😌 

Hope these tips help, but remember run it past your unit first.

You are all doing so well. I can honestly say my chemo flew by, keep going you will soon be at the end!

Lots of love 💗 Tara xxx

aqua76

May

someone recommended taking some paracetamol before the next cold cap so I’m going to try it and see if it improves the process. I know it’s only ten mins of suffering but part of me is already considering giving it up 😞

enem76

Hi MayC

Glad your feeling not too bad in day 2 that’s good hope it continues for you , I had the fuzzy head feeling too 🙈I didn’t get the option of the cold cap so it’s the baldy look for me 😂 which I’m fine with hair is the least of my worries the now , I kept forgetting my meds too ended up buying a wee note book to remind myself, totally get what you mean with its nice to chat to other people in the same position as I don’t think other people quite understand our journey , I’ve said earlier in here hopefully we can all share tips and have a laugh along the way , as you said that’s one down, hopefully the rest will be as good , hope you all enjoyed bonfire night ! Take care we have all got this love to you all 😘😘😘

MayC

First off, can I do a separate message/ new post, rather then just 'replying' to someone on this board?!! (Sorry Aqua76!)

So...Day 2 for me today. 

All went OK yesterday. Thankfully. 

When I was waiting to start treatment, I got chatting to two other ladies, and I was hit by how 'normal', maybe good (?) it felt talking about 'this' to people who are already there. To quote the cliche - I guess it is good to talk.

I did the cold cap. It was nasty for the first few minutes; I closed my eyes and breathed through that. Then I realised I'd done 10 minutes, and it was bearable. I won't say it was pleasant. I still have a fuzzy head today, tho that's not necessarily the effects of the cold cap... I was concerned that I didn't have the right size of cap. The nurse initially thought it fitted OK, and checked it in use, but at the end, when I said it hadn't felt like it's not got my whole head, she said to try the Large next time. Now I'm concerned it a) didn't fit and I'll look like a monk(!)  b) will it hurt more next time if it actually fits properly? I keep telling myself hair loss should be the least of my worries!

I was there about 4.5 hours in total. Got home and started to feel 'hungover', I suppose. Quite tired, headachy, a bit nauseous... not hungry anyway. Felt really sick about 5/6pm, then realised my 'goody bag' of drugs contained anti-sickness pills which I was supposed to have already taken! 

I went for a lie-down for about an hour, and felt much better, another couple of hours sleep then got up about midnight, back to bed for 2am, slept through the night.

Still feel delicate this morning, but better then I did. 

But, you know what, that's one down! And nearer to getting this done. 

Just remember...we can do this 🙂

enem76

Hi ladies 

Glad all ok so far and I hope you are coping all fine , I’m on day 5 and my taste buds have went to pot 🙈I was very bad for fizzy drinks and I can’t stand the taste also I’m craving tea , I’ve drank loads of cups over past day it’s strange eh , I’ve felt not too bad wee bit tired but nothing major , I’m trying to drink as much water also , my bowels were a wee bit sluggish but took sennokot and it’s helped a lot , I’m hoping my next round On the 20th is the same as this so far so good , just not going get too complacent, hope you have all had a lovely evening hugs to you all 😘😘😘 xxxx

aqua76

Day two update -

Fairly normal day much to my surprise!

Bit late getting up but didn’t get a great nights sleep

had some tea and toast and meds. Did some work

had lunch. Did some more work

went for a walk

had normal dinner. No metallic taste or going off food

had slight nausea twinge about 7:30/8pm so had a pill and hoping it lasts through till morning!

hoping for a better (and earlier) nights sleep. 

xx

Felippe

Thanks Charlotte - I’ll look out for your update after the 10th 👍

aqua76

Well done! Session one in the bag. 
Just need to keep on top of the anti sickness pills and plenty of fluids

I was only given three days of anti sickness tablets so bit concerned I’ll need them for longer. 

rest up and try and get some sleep although the steroids make it difficult 

x

Felinefriendly

Hi aqua  and everyone 

Good to read your post

Went today and nurses were ovely

Felt woozy when done but wad given some ham butties as was dinner time

Got home had another anti sickness wha they gave me at about 2 and 2 paracetamol as headache 

Had a small nap on bed 

Had another anti sickness at 6pm and 2 ibrufen as still got headache 

Dranks lots bottled water fizzy

Just eaten a pear as not feeling hungry 

Lots cups of tea and water 

Back in bed keeping warm 

Same about pregnancy sick2 i have 4 kids

Only one pregnancy haf that hyper gradis thing 

Sick as a dog all way through 

Had drips for it at hospital 

It dose remind me of that... Hencefizzy water as i had that too at time 

Got some sea bamds on too as used them in he pregnancy 

Xxxxxx 

Smilodon

Hi Aqua - I did wonder about pg sickness as an indicator. I was sick as a dog! 🙄

Thanks for the report all those ahead of me - I'm up on Monday. Just really eager to get going although also not - I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm going to cut my long hair really short on Sunday with the help pf youtube. I don't want to turn up to chemo with all this hair and it will be easier when it fall out. I'm not doing a cold cap. I've ordered a hat and a couple of beanies. I'm MUCH more anxious about my nails than my hair especially as I play guitar. 😪

Working PT from home so hopefully I can flex around it.

S

aqua76

Morning everyone!

Well im up and about and actually just finishing off month end (work in finance)

Survived night one! Whoop!

My nausea kicked in about 6pm last night, but having some water helped. I ended up having a pill at 11pm, just wasnt sure if i could take them on same day as the chemo. In hindsight i should have had one at 6pm when i started to feel ill. Lesson #1 learned! am bit concerned i only have anti sickness meds for the next three days, so have flagged up to the team.

They do say pregnancy sickness can sometimes be an indicator of how you will deal with chemo nausea, i was only sick once and had a remarkably trouble free pregnancy so here's hoping!

I didn't fall asleep till after 1am, then woke up totally soaked and sweating, which is unusual. But no more nausea.

I've had some tea and toast and more anti sickness and steroid tables. Have an injection to take a lunchtime too.

But feeling much better ladies, just taking each hour as it comes!

Just so glad to have finally started my treatment journey - baby steps and we will all get through it!

xxx

ELLEGEE77

Aqua76, how are you feeling now?

I remember it was a few hours after and I felt rough for a few days, nauseous and so fatigued but then I was on the up. My first chemo I felt really sick, they adjusted anti sickness for the next one and wasn't quite so bad. First time round my main issue was fatigue and a sore mouth, went off tea and coffee, I craved orange juice.

I'm hoping I have a bit more energy this time, due to 9 year old daughter. We shall see. 

Anyway, any of you going through it at the mo, hang on in there, you'll be on the up soon, and you are nearer to the end than a couple of weeks ago. We've all got this. xxxxxxx

charlotte3112

hi Felippe 
Good to see you’ve joined the forum although the circumstances we find ourselves in are not. I’m also doing FEC-T treatment, first one starting on 10th Nov. I’ll let you know how it goes I’m thinking positive and hoping for minor side effects   I can sort with basic meds. Hope your scans are all clear. Stay positive 👍xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Aqua ❤️ Sleep patterns can go out the window during chemo, go with the flow ❤️ If your antisickness meds don’t work ring your unit and they will tweak till they get right combination ❤️ Don’t try and struggle through ❤️ The steroids will have you all bouncing off the walls and you’ll all be chatting on here through the night when you can’t sleep 👭 😘💕💕Shi xx

Felippe

Hi there,

had my oncology consultation yesterday and first session in a couple of weeks.

I’m 51 and have triple negative, one lymph node removed and clear (lots of you had several nodes removed - whys mine only one?) lumpectomy to remove 30mm G3 lump and margin is clear. 

I’ll be having FEC-T programme. Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies, it’s really helpful and I’ll be checking in regularly over the next 5 months. 

I’m coping pretty well except for terrible back pain that I’ve had for a few weeks since the last surgery. It’s very likely to be acute sciatica, following lots of niggling episodes over the last few years and set off by rolling me around during the surgery - but having it scanned just in case. 

I don’t think I’ll have the cold cap, it seems you lose some hair whatever, so I’d rather go all or nothing and lose and then regrow my hair. 

all the best! 
ps I am a girl despite the name Felippe- this was my sons’ choice of a username 😀

aqua76

Day one chemo -update

Feeling rubbish now! About 6hrs after injection

feeling sick and nauseous but haven’t actually been sick. Drinking my water. Lying down in bed.  
feels like a hangover. Haven’t been able to face any food yet. 
hoping I manage to get some sleep tonight 

x

aqua76

Feline, it’s hard to know. Everyone seems to be affected in different ways. And until you have the first one you just don’t know

id take all the help on offer. Hope for the best but plan for the worst!

are the older two able to help in any way?

thats me back home ladies. 4,5hrs as it took hair ten mins to defrost to let us get the cap off!!

feeling fine so just need to wait and see what happens over next few days. Fingers crossed it’s not too bad

1 of 8 - DONE!! ✔️

x

Felinefriendly

Hello 

So good to hear you going throigh it 

Im next tomorrow 

Had ct scan today

Im worrying about side effects as im a single mum got 2 older lads that can sort themselves out but a 9 year old who dx asd and she dont sleep much and a 10 year old

Currently at there auntie but feom minday will need them back to o school as head has authorised absence for this week for my treatment 

Will i be able manage them?

Have a lady neighbour who can walk them school and pick up

Just hope i can do the rest ok

Spoken to social services today on the phone possible chance of them getting a carer who can et them up ready and or bedtime but told me see how i go and can ring back as they would have to find someone first

Girls auntie is in another town and dont drive 

Anyone any thoughts on this? 

aqua76

Still going with the cold cap! Think I’ve got another 30 mins to go and 5 mins of defrost!!

ive been here since 10am so will be just over 4 hrs in total. The actual chemo drugs only took 30/40 mins to inject. 
the first ten mins of the cold cap have definitely been the worst bit of the day! But glad I stuck it out, it’s fine now it’s on. Can’t really feel much. 

good luck with tomorrow!! Be positive and think good thoughts. We’ve all got this ladies xx

MayC

Hi Jane

Good to hear your first treatment went well.

Hope you're on your way home now - it'll be me tomorrow!

Quick query - how long were you there? 

I have someone picking me up, so want to let them know a rough time.

I've been told two hours, but I'm planning on doing the cold cap thing too, and I know that adds a bit of time.

Thanks

May

aqua76

Hello from hospital ladies!!

Today was session one!

Decided to try the cold cap, first ten mins were the worst bit after that it’s fine. It’s honestly been the worse part of the morning so far. 
I’m having EC for four cycles so hopefully cold cap helps

Everything has been fine. Drugs went in no bother. Having a wee sandwich while the cold cap finishes off

Roll on whatever awaits in terms of fatigue/side effects!

road to recovery starts here!

jane x

MayC

So...my 3rd November has now become 4th November!

I got a call yesterday to put me off for a day, which was annoying.

No one WANTS to do this, but it has to happen, so the sooner I get started, the sooner I get finished, right? And, I was all geared up for it to happen today.

But...literally as I was taking the call, a box arrived (which I couldn't recall ordering) with a bag of stuff from Chemogiftbags. https://chemogiftbags.org/ It'd been organised by several of my friends, and was a really sweet thought. So I went from tears of frustration to tears of...dunno, gratitude, maybe? I was very touched that I have such thoughtful friends!

TONS of stuff in the gift bag. Not sure I'll use all of it, so may pass some of it on if I can in these Covid times...

And...Roll on tomorrow...kind of! 

jomich50

Hi All

Glad everyone is going well, gone back to work today until my chemo starts or I will climb the walls, already brought all my christmas cards and presents for kids (due to lockdown as well) !     I am finding the sleeve she gave me annoying, so may see if there is something better, and waiting for prescriptoin to be ready for the shower one, as hate not being able to get in the shower properly.

Good luck with all you chemos, good Jo that EC wasn't too bad for you, hoping that this continues for you.

Seeing the ladies in the waiting room yesterday made it quite real for me, felt quite emotional when left.

xx

Jojo1447

Hi jomich50

glad the pic line fitting went well.

you get used to weekly dressings, sister does mine.  Make sure you use a warm hot water bottle on your arm for the next few days a couple of times a day, helps the blood flow apparently 

hope the start of your treatment goes well.  I had first round of ec nearly three weeks ago due second round this Friday.  I was ok just very tired on day 2/3 then have been back to normal, hoping second round will be the same x

aqua76

One more sleep to go!!!

heck. Nervous. **bleep** scared. Apprehensive. Curious. Worried. 

all sorts gojng on here. Hope I manage to sleep!!

positive thoughts for me ladies

xx

enem76

Hi Ladies 

glad you both got on okay today and you are both feeling positive , I didn’t get a picc line fitted think you are very brave for that I hate needles fool stop but managed the Canula ok , we just have to take each day as we go I do think the waiting game is the worst part , hopefully this journey with us all sharing tips helps us along the way I look forward to my wee read at night to see how everyone’s getting on it really helps talking to other people in the same situation, I’m now 3 days in and I feel good really hoping it stays that way , I need to remind myself to try remember all medicines 🙈in hopless and tomorrow I’ve to start weekly injections not looking forward to it one bit and to top it off my Oh broke his leg several places so I have a wounded soldier to try look after 😂couldn’t make it up one thing after another anyway hope your all relaxing and having a lovely evening , mind keep us all updated on how are you doing brake care love to you all 😘😘😘😘xxx. 

Felinefriendly

Hi everyone 

Update went for blood test today 

Heart scan in morning 

Was due to start chemo at 9am tomorrow but they rang and changed it for me have ct scan at 12 tomorrow and start chemo on wed instead 

Currently started to read a book id sent for by lightbox blogger whos on facebook and theres links on here to about her and everything she went through regarding breast cancer... Recommend ❤️

Hope everyones ok xxxx

jomich50

Hi All

Hope all is going ok.

Had my Picc line fitted this morning, nurses were so lovely and I was nervous, although my apt dates were all over place and wrong they still did it..    I now have my dates as well so 11th got pre meet (been put back hence they offered to do PICC next week but had worked myself up to it wasn't going to turn round) and then chemo starts 16th then weekly on a Wednesday initially until end of year.    I think it will be eight cycles but when the weekly stops will be determined about how I tolerate, a mid way scan etc.

Got a bit emotional after seeing the ladies waiting on their own for chemo, one was saying to another she was nearly given up last weekend, it felt very real today.

Picc line is fine, she left  it quite long waiting on district nurse weekly visits will chase GP tomorrow about that. 

I actually rang the scheduler today to get my dates as so hard to get much in advance and although I get everything else takes second, I still have to sort my children out and get things arranged.

hope you all doing ok x