342348posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

The sweets just help with the dry mouth Jencat. I liked the foxes fruits and mint humbugs. I also got some fruot ice lollies and little pots of jelly. I found that when i felt nauseous if i ate something i fel better. Pancakes from M & S were good. Plain but tasty. You will find what works best for you though..hope you get some sleep xx
Highlighted

Thanks Ali x Hope your next chemo goes ok. I've been drinking lots, but hadn't thought of writing things down, thank you for that tip. I do like sweets, but do they help prevent something, can I eat them without feeling guilty? Smiley Happy xx

Highlighted

Hope you're able to come home soon Shi xx

Highlighted

Blimey I've missed out on a lot tonite....think I've managed to just about catch up!  

I still haven't embraced my wig yet and find it a bit on the scary side but had a look at the bright wig site and thinking maybe I shld have some fun ones too...I'm not good at being serious!!

Really enjoyed Mountain Lion....thank you!!

Now gonna try get some sleep...been a busy eve for me, although I had staff in I'm still needed to make sandwiches for darts team and oversee things hence such a late nite......come back hubby!!

sleep tight ladies xxx

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ali, not nearly enough to go home yet, I suspect at this rate wed/thurs but hopefully make it our before chemo no 2 next week if bloods are up enough, what a first round it’s been and I was doing so well too. Thanks for asking. Love and sparkles shi 💕💕✨✨✨xx
Highlighted

Shi have your levels come up? How long are you expecting to be in now?
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai7 is the angel who took me under her wing from the may forum, she shared the mountain lion with me and I asked her to share it with october forum, thought it might help us all, it helped me when she shared it with me. Love and sparkles shi 💕💕✨✨xx
Highlighted

Mai that story dums it up! I have never been an adventurer or a thrill seeker. I sm definitely a 'coat holder' or a watcher. Thats definitely bloody changed without anyone asking me!!!

Anyways, day 20 and i am almost bald. There is hair everywhere. It must be so much harder with long hair!! I do LOVE MY WIG though. We have beennput in the wind today just to see her staying power and she passed! As i walked up my road with a shopping bag in one hand and a takeaway pizza (for my son!) in the other i thought it would be quite funny it blew off now but it didnt! I am going to get a 2nd wig for a change!! My daughter is still really struggling with my lack of hair though and it breaks my heart 😭😭😭

Cherry i think the matted hair happens to everyone but it is probably much easier with shorter hair.

I amnoff to get my bloods done in the morning before chemo 2 on Wed so hope levels of everything are ok.

Jencat so glad 1st one is done. Now be kond to yourself. Drink lots, suck sweets and write down how you are each day so you know for next time. And remember to take your temp! Xxx
Highlighted

Thanks Mai17 for sharing - it was my bedtime story and so bl@@dy true. At the moment I am at the bottom of the mountain staring up thinking what the F%#$ but these amazing ladies are ahead of me and I am going to follow in their footsteps - wearing a Russian call girl wig if that's what makes me feel better X and goodnight ♥️
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies, here's a little story which I thinks you will like: Mountain-Lion

Highlighted

Goodnight everyone - Shi agree I see the posh wig as a bit of a treat (have my fitting in a couple of weeks) but a handbag would be better 😁👜
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sleep well too meesh, swap you i’ll Work you can have the extended weekend break at casa nhs, see told you, you are amazing 😁😁😁👍👍👍love shi xx
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ruth, of the wigs tempting you go for it 😁😁😁what about eBay for the coat??? Ive got 4 wigs none more than £20 while I’m this chemo bit all are ok and do not look eight as you never know what will suit in any given day. And I will purchase the expensive one after when I can see how I feel at the end of chemo, thinking of it as a treat shop, is that strange o me, posh wig shopping as a treat? I know I’ll be sat there thinking could have got a mk handbag for this price tho 😂😂😂😂😂love and sparkles shi xx
Highlighted

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll get there. Just had Epsom bath & meditation now off to bed as have work again tomorrow! Hope everyone sleeps well! 😊😴
Highlighted

SueW I think that would complete the look perfectly
Highlighted

PMSL!!!!! 😂

Highlighted

ha ha not seen a leopard skin coat recently but did see leopard print dressing gowns in asda would that do ?

x

Highlighted

Agreed - Meesh you are doing amazing things already and no measly wig is going to get in your way ♥️ ♥️

Ps VERY tempted by the wig that makes me look like a Russian call girl 😉 Just need to find a leopard skin coat lol

http://www.wonderlandwigs.com/product/blonde-red-ombre-wig/
Highlighted

ditto Shi

everyone of us has up days and down days but we are here kicking @ss so go us 

sometimes we are brave some times we are not but we are here and here for each other so big hugs to each and everyone of you xx

super power.jpg

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh you are amazing and brave too 😘😘😘😘and we will get through this step by step, tears, laughter, support, understanding and love and anything else any of us needs, we are us and we are all still amazing all the time even when we have wobble days, casa nhs stays or anything else that comes on this journey 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

Meesh practice in the house first 

I do need to change my make up slightly depending which wig i am wearing as they are different tones/colours 

I have stopped wearing mascara though now as dont want to weigh down eyelashes and encourage them to fall out 

You will get there I am sure in time but if you dont and feel more comfortable in turbans/wraps/hats so be it what ever gets us through is great x

Highlighted

Thanks everyone I know need to get comfortable with my wig, just not there yet! You ladies are all so amazing and brave, I'm just not that confident. Those Coloured wigs look great Ruth!

Highlighted

ruth they look lovely and i am tempted but i only have 1 head and 3 wigs already lol 

I did say to my hubby i was going to put 1 wig clad polysterene head on each of the front window ledges to freak out the neighbours lol x

Highlighted

SueW you have completely inspired me to rock a coloured wig - currently perusing these option with my late night online shopping!!

https://www.annabelleswigs.co.uk/full-wigs/coloured-wigs#.WeUcgEHTWEc
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

We’ve all got to get used to our wigs and thinking who’s that looking back at me in the mirror, but I wanted to share with you from the amazing people on the thread one of them the other night thought Greg wallace was peering in her kitchen window at her, till she remembers she had no hair and it was her, shared it with the forum and had us all 😂😂😂with laughter, another lady forgot she’d got no hair and peering out her window and is convinced she frightened her neighbour, shared it in the forum and again had everyone 😂😂😂it’s a difficult one for us all to deal with but we’ll all get there together 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

Meesh, I'm not sure I'll ever feel comfortable with a wig. Luckily we'll be able to hide it under hats and things in the Winter xx

Highlighted

Meesh lol i am joking hun 

My hair was never my crowning glory so sto speak x

Highlighted

i got medical wig tape from ebay but not sticking tape on at the moment as i have got my shaved bonce and dont want to pull my hair as i remove the wig/tape will wait til i am bald to apply tape 

But i have have been going out with no wig day times and just taking my knitted hat my mom did in case my head gets cold                                 

xx

Highlighted

Sorry SueW and all of you who have embraced your wigs! Didn't mean to cause offence. I'm just not comfortable with my wig yet 🙄

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

The Mersey is a fine river, well I didn’t like to mention tupee tape, shall we contact the whithouse to see where they set donalds😆when I got one of my wigs it’s only a cheap one for now, I told them I’d be having no hair and they tried to flog me the clips to hold the wig on, I said hold it onto what i’ll Have no hair 😁😁😁😁 Shi xx
Highlighted

Hi Reboot good to hear it all went well for you and you're bearing up ok. I took lorazepam for the first few nights after my first cycle as I figured one more drug isn't going to hurt and if it helps me to sleep that can only be a good thing! 

Highlighted

excuse me meesh i rock my wigs lol xx

thank you for ice cube trip my fridge makes them so will put in a bag then numb the spot 

as i cant go to work i make sure i go out every day even if its just for a walk and my mom bless her comes over every day 'to make sure i am not lonely'

However i am comfortable in my own company with my kindle and the book people and of course my keyboard friends help too x

however i think i will have all my xmas shopping done by halloween and i am a domestic goddess n the mornings then nap in the afternoon xxx

Highlighted

All went well with my second cycle, thanks for asking xx 💕 They’ve taken the F out so I’m just on EC until the T at cycle 4. They did change my antisickness drugs for some reason, and added a new tablet to help combat the sore mouth (which isn’t really sore at the mo). And I finally took the lorazepam I was prescribed a couple of week ago.
I just feel slightly nauseous, I slept for 2 hours then got up for some toast. Back to bed now with a dressing table covered in tablets, tissues, Rich Tea biscuits and bottles of water!
My husband’s on baby duty tonight as the lorazepam made me sleep right through her 4am feed last night!! 🙈😱😂
Oh and I’m sleeping in my sleep cap as I’m shedding rather a lot at the mo!
Lots of love to everyone xx
Highlighted

Cherry, I think we all feel we look like total lunatics in our wigs so you won't be alone!

Highlighted

Ruth, re. introspection - today was really the very first day since my diagnosis that I allowed myself to feel a wee bit sorry for myself (for five minutes...😜👍🏼) I think keeping myself busy and in the routine of going to work has been a major and very positive distraction xx 

Highlighted

Hi Sue, I am not good with needles so if I can get them done anyone can. Ice cube to numb things a little really helps. Only started with the ice cube in the last couple of days but it has really helped I honestly don’t feel a thing now xx
Highlighted

SueW, when you started talking about lining up powder I thought they'd prescribed you with cocaine to snort! Still amazes me the different treatments everyone gets.

Highlighted

Meesh, I think I've reconciled myself to looking a total lunatic for the first few weeks of wig wearing. I'm sure after a while my own hair will mash down and after this morning's experience I'm expecting to lose more hair. As I said earlier fellow cold cappers, if you've kept your hair to say shoulder length, I urge you to trim it slightly shorter now to save yourselves the matted tangled trauma!! 

🍒 xx

Highlighted

🍒 that's funny 🤣

Thanks Meesh - yes for me too the mental has been so much worse than the physical (so far). Would be good to get a bit of my old spark back and worth seeing if finding a way to work helps with the confidence and stops the introspection! 🙃
Highlighted

you crazy ladies literally have me howling x

Highlighted

Oh right, that sounds a tad more complicated then,Sue. I'm sure they'll still use a very fine needle so you'll have no problems at all x

Highlighted

Ha ha Cherry that would be hilarious (although probably not for you)! I'm just wondering how the hell you're going to manage your hair underneath!

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue, hope 2nd one goes as well as the first one for you, another one done on the countdown😝😝😝love shi xx

Shi, you think I'm joking - my office is actually on the banks of the Mersey. Think I need to investigate wig insurance!!! X 

Highlighted

was told mine dont have to be in fridge it is a powder and I have to draw that up with one syringe and put into the liquid then shake it to dissolve and then swap needle head for the fine one and inject - 5 days worth

I got them to write on every box which needle is for drawing and which for injecting lol x

Highlighted

Ruth, I also felt like just getting signed off for the whole thing but I was a bit worried about getting back to work afterwards. I may still need to get signed off later on in treatment but decided to take it one cycle at a time. My OH and my family were trying to encourage me to work more but I know what's right for me and sticking to my guns, my regime seemed a happy balance. For me it hasn't been the physical effects so much as the mental/ emotional ones. I think maybe have a plan of what you want to do and then play it by ear to see if it's achievable! Hope it goes well for you!🙂

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😂😂😂😂😂cherrybakewell, the visions of that, you are priceless❤️❤️❤️❤️shi xx
Highlighted

Meesh, just imagine the drama once I've got the wig on the go!! Need to get a forum sweepstake organised - betting how long it'll be before it blows off and sails away down the Mersey to the tune of You'll Never Walk Alone 😂 xx

Highlighted

I pick the wobbliest part of my tum, Sue, and job's a good 'un. I seriously thought I'd have to swing by the GP's surgery seven days on the trot to get a nurse to do it for me but it really is the easiest thing of the whole treatment. They also say to take the syringe out of the fridge 30 mins to an hour before. I didn't find this out till cycle 2 though, so don't worry if that's not convenient for you...

🍒 xx

Highlighted

Cherry, almost meant to say you keep us all entertained with your tales of hair woe so you shouldn't underestimate that!