Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

SueW

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Ruth and Cassie both well done for today x
SueW

Well beautiful ladies so lovely to meet you all πŸ‘ different ages. Locations, treatment plans etc but united in strength, courage and support and you often provide a β€˜lorra, lorra laffs β€˜

Me 2 x op lumpectomy and axillary node clearance now chemo then rads x but ladies waiting for ops all totally doable just do your exercises after xx
WhyteFawn

Ah Ruth bless you. Glad today went ok. I'm just chilling now after my second dose. Got my dog and my duvet so I'm sorted ! Hubby will be home later to make sure I eat lol.
Ruth07

Hi girls back from chemo - no major issues so will count my blessings. Cold cap was bearable (after 10 minutes of absolute hell).

No dancing for a few days πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίas am sure that any sudden movements will have me vomiting around the place πŸ˜›

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok.

Hi Cilla, my name is Ruth I am 44 and live in Windsor but a West Country girl by birth. I am looking for a man who will drive me to the hospital, wait around for several hours, help with a bucket if I vomit 🀒 And won't mind too much if my hair falls out.
β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️🌈🌈🌈✨✨✨to all.
Ruth
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad cherry b ok I did wonder with cherry b mentioning the mersey and you saying Liverpool if you’d been able to meet up. Dizzy yep same choo choo got us, just wish my chemo was going as well as yours. Cassie, 4 times what a nightmare your poor veins, glad they managed finally and good luck with Friday and the picc 😘ali are you having a snb or node clearance do you know yet, not nosey but just trying to see how we can help each other through the whole journey and the wonderful May lady’s are always there for us too😘love shi xx
Ali49

As we want xc
Ali49

CherryB is fine and not picked up wig yet. Still going to work and being the amazing girl she is!!

I am chemo first and masectomy after Shi. And you dont have to say where you are from. The goid thing on here we can share as much or as little
DizzyBrummie

Meesh, I’d be interested in your recipe for homemade curl cream if you’d be ok sharing.

OMG Cassie, 4 attempts!! Hope you’re feeling ok now x. Now they’re not allowed to use my right arm for stuff and my left doesn’t seem to have any veins 😳 they’ve given me a portacath which is ace. They just plug straight in to it for bloods and for chemo with only the big deep breath thing needed. I guess the picc is similar.

As for where we’re all at, I’ve had the lump removed and a reconstruction so chemo and then radiotherapy left for me.

Rach x
WhyteFawn

Hi everyone. Just to join in:

Hi Cilla my name is Cassie, I'm 34 from Sheffield (but having treatment in Cheaterfield)

Home after chemo 2. The cannula was an ordeal. Took 4 attempts and 3 nurses to get it in. I've been recommended to get a PICC line so got an appointment set up the day before chemo 3. Fed up of being a pin cushion now.

Bit fuzzy headed but had some toast and cracking on with drinking as much as I can. The sooner the red wee goes the better!

How's everyone else today?

Sending unicorn hugs πŸ¦„πŸ¦„
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

I thought cherry had been back on and was ok? Cherry b hope all ok. How’s everyone’s eyebrows and eyelashes holding up? Has everyone had their surgery and on chemo then onto rads? I know sometimes they do chemo before the op, just wondered apart from being on chemo train where we are all atbon the journey? 😘jencat hope you are doing ok😘karana have you decided on the hair, sorry I had to do mine a day early in case I went back in, I really wanted to do it tomorrow too on pink Friday. Dizzy, think we all had a bit of shyness about us, but luckily we all found this forum and because I was lucky enough to meet mai7 when I started chemo, it soon becomes the norm to discuss πŸ’© tip, tufty tip, wig tips, bra tips, scalp care tip.... scalp care tips at our ages eh, still we’ll be through in s few months discussing hair regrowth, and sunburn (from the rads) tips and anything and everything in between like what weve been up to at weekends for everyone lucky enough to get out and about which cheers up the house bound or casa nhs nound😘😘😘it’s lovely to have each other through this, our other friends are amazing but not in this journey so don’t understand like everyone here does which gives us all the love and support extra to get us through πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Meesh73

Has anyone heard from Cherry πŸ’ since her hair washing problems the other day? Wonder if she's fallen in the Mersey after her wig?

Meesh73

I think they also told me not to use hot heat or products on it, which didn't really apply to me so I forgot it! I have been using a tiny bit of homemade curl cream just after washing to take away a bit of the fluffy edge!

SueW

Cat mouse mole all these animals coming into contact with out hair lol x
DizzyBrummie

Same as that Meesh! Was long and curly with mouse and left to dry now short and curly with no need for mouse! Haha, not mouse, mousse.
Meesh73

SueW, Shi a get together after all this is finished with sounds like a fab idea. Karana and I have already worked out that we may see each other during rads as I have to travel to Norwich for that as local hospital doesn't do it which will be a pain! 

Shi, I agree with you this forum and you ladies have been amazing 🌟🌟🌟don't think I could cope without you all 😊

DizzyBrummie

I’m quite shy but a meet up after all this crap sounds brilliant x you guys are ace!
Meesh73

Dizzie, re: cold cap I was told to be gentle with your hair and wash just for once a week if possible. That was about it! I think that us curlies probably have an easier time with that than others (providing hair is shortish). My new hair care is a once a week wash and I just sticking my fingers in my hair each morning to fluff it up a bit! Although to be honest I didn't do much more than that before cold capping 😱

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

I love you all so much ❀️❀️❀️❀️All you and the lovely May ladies helped me more than words can ever tell you during my hospital stay 😘😘😘😘yes sue that sounds great and it would be lovely to all meet up and have a big, we got through this together hug πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
SueW

Myself and some of the other lovely ladies are planning a meet up and when it’s sorted I will let everyone know it will be very much a free for all and an open invite .. won’t be for a while yet x
Seriously if any one in in Birmingham just private messsge me snd we can see if we can catch up and compare notes xx
Shi I agree from difficult times new friendships blossom and everyone is really supportive xx
karana23

I'm nosy too Sue...god now I've gotta remember real names too 😱 I'm Karen by the way!!xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, it’s ok, would be great to be able to set up a coffee get together if people are close by each other, gives even better support to each other when you have actually met and we could all compare buzz cuts, and when we are finished on the chemo train and we start getting some baby hair back we could compare 😘😘😘😘I don’t know how this sounds to everyone but when we are all through the chemo, rads and any operations anyone still has to take, we could try and all have a celebration meal somewhere that everyone can get to? Another idea, ali isn’t clothes show live over your side now since moving from Birmingham? If we fancied getting together for A good shop if we’ve all finished treatments etc by then? Just a thought because it would be lovely to meet you all and thank you for all the laughs and support πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
SueW

Ali we do all seem to be in a similar age bracket x
Shi I am just nosy lol and was wondering if I would encounter any of you lovely ladies at my chemo sessions x
Big hugs to all xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks ali about the honey. I’m 46 rather not put where I am from because our thread is open up to anyone who wants to look on the internet, so apols ladies I know we’ve shared tufty trimmings and a whole range of things already, hope you don’t mind me not sharing that with you all, of our thread was private and just for us then no problem, but it’s not. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Ali49

Shi its Life Mel honey and fine to take. I am 50 from Liverpool and think 50 seems quite a common age here.

My morning has involved anti sickness, steroids, movicol, honey, kiwi fruits, pineapple and ginger biscuits. Just about to do mouthwash! God loves a trier!!

Hope everyone is ok xxx
DizzyBrummie

Hi Meesh, I am cold capping but have had no advice on it other than on here! It’s been a week so I guess I’ll leave it for another now it’s been washed.
SueW

Meesh x long may cold cap success contininue and your hair stay in place x

SueW

i lived as a home help in a little village called docking in Norfolk when i was 17 but only stayed about a month as missed home but a beautiful part of the country and have spent happy times in Sheringham, Cromer and Kings Lynn as well as the usual holiday parks etc around Yarmouth 

Sharon I am dissappointed lol i was imagining Runner bean on your birth certificate xx hello Sharon x

Meesh73

Dizzie, are you cold capping? They only recommend washing once a week if you are. I'm on day 17 last washed mine Monday, quite a bit came out probably more than a weeks worth but it's still there, mostly!

Runnerbean

Hi Sue, I’m 45 and in Warrington. My name is Sharon as well not runnerbean xx
Meesh73

Ha ha like the scouse accent SueW! I'm 44 and I've lived just outside lowestoft on Norfolk/ Suffolk border for 9 years but originally from Essex 😊

SueW

Karana blind date ha ha  

imagine my best scouse accent (which would not be good)

'So tell us what's yer name and where yer from' 

DizzyBrummie

Hi Sue, I’m 45 and in Newbury, Berkshire.
karana23

Sue I'm 48 and from Norwich......this is like blind date πŸ˜‚ 

karana23

Ladies you will know when you reach the hair shedding stage, I'm on day 16 and if I grab a bit of hair and gentle pull it fall out...thought at first this was just my long fringe bit but if I grab the short bit at the back it does the same....I get a fit of the giggles when I do this as it shocks anyone that's about!!  I think the best thing to do is have it shaved off before I scare too many people!!!  Now gonna get in the bath so will update you on any other hair loss after 🦍!!!! Xx

SueW

I am 50 in Birmingham what are others ages and locations ? X
Marg I literally lol at the cat/mole comment

Manuka arrived it does not say pasteurised says medical grade and not for babies under 12 months. I googled and still not sure but as it says raw I think not. Found loads of articles that suggest it is good for cancer and not read anything about unpasteurised being dangerous I have tasted it and it is pleasant tasting x
Marg

Ps well done Ali on chemo 2 done and dusted . Sending you lots of lovely healing thoughts for a restful time and speedy back to normal feeling  πŸ’•xxxxπŸ’•

DizzyBrummie

Sorry, missed Ruth and Cassie for your second bout. Hope it all goes swimmingly xxx
Marg

Ps forgot to say well done Ali second one now done and dusted . Hope you’re recovering well & on the mend . Sending you lots of lovely thoughts πŸ’•xxxxπŸ’•

DizzyBrummie

Morning all, the not washing my hair experiment as come to an end. I could face it no longer 😳 now I’m trying to decide if all the hair I’m seeing come out is a regular week’s worth or if it’s started. No sign of other unwanted hair going though πŸ˜‚

Ali, glad the second round went ok.

Ruth, glad the picc went in ok too, sounds scary!

Karana, I’m loving the hair scaring πŸ˜‚

Wishing everyone a good day πŸŒŸπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸ’–πŸŒˆ
SueW

Runnerbean I honestly love my wash and go number 2 Shave I hope you like your cut too as it does make a difference if you can embrace it x
Hugs for tomorrow’s cut xx
Marg

Good morning ladies and Best wishes to Cassie and Ruth I.ll be sending you lots of lovely thoughts for your second chemo bast ..... one step closer to the end of journey and then hooray ,,

thanks meesha for sickness pooing (soz) med info but β€œdon  periginon β€œ worked . So pleased πŸ˜€ and feel stupid for not asking for it before .

SueW I’m not working either atm done 27 years in social services never had time off before so now β€œon the sic” and paid for a bit before I decide my next move . Like you I.m too knackered although that may be because of my stupidity with the sickness diarrhoea thing . ...I’m older than most of you & 53 although still a bit  of life in the ole girl yet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€,,!, 

im doing the cold cap thing and also β€œwigging”. Although the ones I tried on didn’t.t look promisingly before .... a cross between the garden mole and next doors cat ,,, I pointed this out to the shop who told me to spruce it all up with a bit of frebreeze πŸ˜€πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ. Anyway , I have plan b a different shop and different wigs . Will have it Friday ,, 

Can anyone tell me please if they’ve had any joy with the cold cap and I’ve read somewhere I should I combed conditioner into wet hair before cap went on .... I didn’t do this . Has anyone else heard of this advice. . .

wishing you all a lovely day full of laughter , joy, happiness and Sparkes πŸ’•xxxxπŸ’•

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi everyone, karana I’ve just shaved to a no4 and it makes you feel quite liberated to be honest and also you end up looking quite trendy funnily enough so don’t be daunted, put a pair of earring on and bit of lippy and embrace it as best you can 😘😘😘😘your hairdressers should be able to style your wigs for you while you wear them, that way you will be happier with how it looks and more comfortable. I started shedding day 13 while in casa nhs. I’ve buzzed it off today in case I have to go back in, at least I’ve been able to be at home while I had to do it. Ali was that Mel life honey pasteurised if so where did you get it please? Did that manuka honey arrive ok and was that pasteurised? Good luck for anyone with appointments today and those in work too, you are all amazing πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Runnerbean

No I’m not day 14 I’m 13, god im struggling with this chemo brain sometimes! xx
Runnerbean

Hi Sue, I’m on day 14 today and it’s shedding quite a bit this morning but no clumps yet. I’m getting it cut short tomorrow which will be a shock as I’ve always had long hair. Maybe I will like it and if not I have my wig ready to go xx
SueW

Hi runnerbean morning to you x
what day are you on I am not sure when the shedding starts as my first chemo was only a week ago tomorrow x gosh it seems longer then that x
Runnerbean

Good morning ladies, I haven’t been on here for a day or so but have been keeping up with all your posts. Well done on getting home Shi that must make you feel a lot better. Good luck to everyone who has/had treatments over the last couple of days. It seems a lot of us have now reached the hair shedding /wig stage. For me I think it will be a relief when it’s actually happened as it feels like the next big hurdle. Love and hugs to everyone πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ¦„πŸ¦‹πŸ’«βš‘οΈβœ¨xx
SueW

Hi meesh
Can’t wait for my tuft to disappear lol

I admire you all going into work I can’t because of germ infected kids but in all honesty at the moment I would not have the energy x
Hugs to everyone x
Meesh73

Morning ladies! Hope everyone had a good night sleep.

well done Ali on chemo 2 (third of the way there now), hope this round is better for you. Good luck today Cassie and Ruth, we are all thinking of you! πŸŒˆβœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ¦‹πŸž

Karana, I am toying with having my wig cut as mine is also a little too bouffanty on top, but worried in case they f@@k it up though and it ends up looking worse than it does now. Cold cap still seems to be doing its work, although lady tuft is starting to shed 😱(sorry if that's tmi). 

Chaffinch, good luck today I felt a little apprehensive first going into work (although you seem to be in a much smaller family type environment) it was all fine though. Still getting people commenting on my short hair, saying they didn't recognise me, goodness knows what'll happen if I lose my hair!

Working from home for me today as I have flu jab at 11:10.

Have a good day ladies!

SueW

Karana hi x
My wig trim was all inclusive. because I bought it when I had hair they trimmed it after I shaved as it sits different with and without hair apparently xx
My hair always baby fine and flat I am embracing the fullness lolxx
How are you this morning karana ? Xx
karana23

Hi Ali...I have got a hairdresser who is gonna trim it for me hopefully this weekend, it is very similar to my own style already just a bit more bouffanty and that's what I'm struggling with as my hair is/was quite flat!! Not sure if I had gone longer first wld have made a difference??

Morning Sue πŸ¦‹

Xx