64268members
338328posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

I remember when I lost my lady garden I normally keep it quite trim but when I started chemo I didn't shave in case I got an infection anyway it was the first hair to leave I remember I went for a wee then wiped and it literally fell down the toilet!!! 😂😂😂😂 tcant say I'm looking forward to the return of that I'm used to not having to shave now!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, stop pulling it, you naughty lady, enjoy the grade 4 for as long as you can 😘 think we’ll all be hitting maccy d’s tomorrow, thanks jencat for tempting our tastebuds😁😁😁xx

I’m the same keep fancying all the wrong foods and now Mc Donald’s have been mentioned I want one of those 😬

Day 20 for me and obviously had hair shaved Friday but can even pull the stubble out so think I may be shinny bald quite soonish! Leg hair still there, I’ve never had really hairy armpits so not too sure about them, my nunu hair is still there but I haven’t shaved since first treatment and it hasn’t really grown much 😱 eyebrows and eyelashes still intact but have been using lash serum so maybe that’s helping....I’ve just had a lesson on drawing eyebrow in by a lovely friend so I’m prepared 😊

xx

Jencat did you manage to sort your injection? xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, exactly same as my diet. I can’t stop having spong and custard for pudding either, I could just have a qtr pounder with cheese now. I’ll be craving Maccy d’s All night now 😁 xx

Just a normal size cheeseburger Shi, but I could have eaten a bigger one! Smiley Happy I don't know what's happening, I don't fancy much that's healthy at the moment! Good thing my ED isn't at home, she'd be busy juicing and cooking lots of veg for me to eat! xx

Hi MrsRims, hoping you stay well once they’re done x

Day 11 here and so is the hair
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Mrsrims, sorry you too have been hit with the infection stick this chemo round, there has been a couple of us in the same boat, it will all clear up I am sure. Are you chemo 1st then op and rads or have you had op already? Jencat, did you have Big Mac or qtr pounder with cheese, as long as it tasted nice, your body wanted one if you don’t usually go for one. 💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Jencat I have had a massive craving for a McDonald's double cheese burger. The only thing that's stopping me is that I would have to go out and get it myself lol

mrsrims, sorry to hear you've been feeling so poorly and hope you feel much better very soon xx

Think I'm going to put on weight, not lose it, I'm fancying all the wrong type of food! Just had 1st line flush and the nurse said eat what you fancy, so I've had a MacDonalds! I don't normally want to eat them! What's happened to my tastebuds?! Smiley Happy xx

Highlighted

Hello ladies, Since my 1st FEC on 13th October I  only now feel okish, only by sheer luck I have not ended up in hospital, but I am on antibiotics for 2 infections & dreading finishing them in case I get ill again.

I havent yet read the rest of the thread & I'll do that over the next day or so. But I really hope everyone is ok xx

I am day 21, most of my hair is intact. Some hair loss from head and lady tuft but not enough for it to be noticeable by anyone but me! Everything else is all still there 😊

I am day 11 all hair in tact at the moment x

Jelly only done round 1 but day 6 was what I called my weep and sleep day very tearful and very tired x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

How is everybody hair holding up today ladies? Do we still have eyebrows and eyelashes, leg hair etc? Just wondered how we were all getting on. 😘shi xx

My bowels were not quite right for about the first week. Sometimes were a bit loose, but colour was also not right (didn't seem to matter what I ate), think it's probably all the meds. If you're unsure then call the nurse, even if you think it's minor. Most of my queries were minor ones. They will ask you questions and reassure you. I know they did for me.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jelly my stools alternated depending on what I’d been eating found if it was more fruit and veg would be a bit loose but if I got more carbs in settled it down to normal. Love shi xx

Jelly i didnt have loose bowels but i did lose weight after 1st treatment. Due to just feeling rough i think. It was all nearly back on by myv2nd treatment thougj!

Well tiredness has hit me like a brick wall today. I have not been able to keep my eyes open or concentrate really. Day 6 round 2!! Anyome else had this?

Jelly, that doesn’t sound right but some of the antisickness meds can have that effect. If you’re still on them maybe they could change the type.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Get us, predictive text again 😂😂😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Choo choo great news meesh you jump I. With that driver and getvus all through. Enjoy your dinner and 💕💕✨✨for tomorrow 😘shi xx

Good luck to those having stuff this week! Xxx
Anyone else still had loose bowels at day 10? Nausea stopped thankfully at day 8, but bowels not quite right. So far I've lost half a stone in 10 days, which is great as I am 2-stone overweight but it does seem a bit odd...
Thanks xx

Good luck for tomorrow Meesh x

That should have said let's hope the chemo treats us kindly, bl@@dy predicative text!

Ha ha SueW, too right! 

Hospital called, looks like i'll be in with the driver, choo choo all aboard 👨🏻‍✈️🚂 for chemo No 2!

Having roast dinner tonight as last dinner I'll really enjoy for a few days! Let's hope the chemo treats as kindly 🦄🦄✨🌟✨🦄🌈✨💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🌈💃🏻🌈💃🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Nicely put sue😘😘shi xx

Ladies certainly not for the vain
However we can fight for all we are worth and hold our heads high be they bald, wigged, cold capped or wearing a hat x

This is certainly no disease for the vain that's for sure! I've not had kids but if it's like chemo then I'm glad I didn't! Although at least you all have lovely children to show for it! ☺️

You are so right Sue 😂😂😂😂

This process is akin to child birth

Sickness constipation diarrhoea heartburn aches pains etc and strips you of all dignity

Only difference is chemo done in a comfy chair not stirrups lol xxxx

Hi Ruth, meds are metoclopramide.

Cassie, I used lactulose post chemo and that was ok.

Bloods came back ok but seems the immodium to counteract the erythromycin wore off whilst at the hospital 😱. I'm now waiting to feel 'well' enough to go home. Honestly, by the time this treatment is all over I'll have no shame left😁😁

Dizzy xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Jencat, how are you doing today?  Love and sparkles shi xx And agree ladies below totally there is nothing we cant ask each other about its lovely knowing we can all share our experience and help each other through as much as we can. Love and sparkles and wishing everyones se's away. shi xx

Yes, that's what I was told about the injections Shi xx

That was call doctor lol x

I think we've lowered the tone further than talking about 💩So I wouldn't worry about that! 😂

Lactulose is gentle Cassie x if you call foctorcthey should give it you in prescription

I called my dictirs today and asked for e45 prescription as I have bought loads so far and it’s not cheap x

Hi Cassie, I was given laxido by the hospital. I had one sachet twice a day for the first couple of days after chemo and didn't really suffer with constipation. I think others have tried other stuff but not sure what. There was a bit of a discussion about it a while back. Hope you get it sorted soon! 🙂

What does everyone find effective for constipation? Sorry to lower the tone lol

Cassie x

Hi Dizzie what did they give you? Just waiting for acall from my doc to change my meds X

Dizzie, hope your results are ok! Then perhaps you can get some good days in before your next session. 😀🦄🦄🦄🦄🌟✨🌟✨🌈💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻

Sorry Cassie, must've missed your post about not feeling great! Hope you're feeling better now and on the up 😀 Sending 🦄🦄🦄✨🌟✨🌈🦄🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies, Cassie sorry to hear 2nd one knocked you for six but really please to hear you are feeling brighter today.  Meesh ... mmmm crap trainee is all you need isnt it not like we have to preserve our veins or anything especially if you;ve had op, the only have the one hand and arm to go at. Karana, hope you bloods are ok, I am sure they will be, you beat the crap out of the chemo this round.  Claire do some lovely sparkly headbands, I got one in for when my fuzz starts to grow back again.  Thank Mishy again for advising it comes back when you start the T part.  Its not steriod delay is it Karana with the anger? but agree you should just go there you are darling, I have to watch for germs now so your help would be much appreciated.  I've spent the morning having a good wardrobe clear out and got mum to take to Cancer Research charity shop, there is no point hangin onto anything I really wont wear again now body shape has changed, so at least it'll be raising funds for research.  My bloods tomorrow, seeing on on Wed and if all ok then next one should be Thurs (hopefully a lower dose, so I can handle it a bit better this time) Got My Life Mel Honey at the ready too to try and boost my system.  I am going to do my jab myself this round even though I am needle phobic, I want to get them into me asap on the day rather than the 5pm the district nurse came round.  When I was in hospital last week, someone said do them alternative sides of you belly, i.e. go round your belly button like a clock left side then right side then left side etc, has anyone else been told to do this? love and sparkes Shi xx

Hi everyone,

Sat in the hospital at the minute waiting for my blood results to come back but feeling normal 😁 so fingers crossed. The new antisickness meds seem to be doing the job.  I actually managed to get up and sort my kitchen out this morning. Never thought I'd be happy to do housework. My husband's been a diamond though.

I hope everyone's feeling better and having good day!

🌌🌌🎆🎇🌈💃

Who is due for chemo this week? Karana, Chaffinch I know you're in the carriage behind me, anyone else?

Ha ha Karana, I feel your pain! I've just cleaned most of the house and OH has disappeared out on his new bike! I too am feeling a bit stompy! I'm refusing to hoover though as that's his job and if I do it he'll let me! 

Ruth, I gave my OH a list once, he purposely didn't do anything on it (he is not a list person and doesn't like being told what to do, although perhaps he gets fed up with me being bossy). Instead I have to find other ways to make him do stuff usually a guilt trip works, especially at the moment.

Not sure what the nurse was up to she didn't have trouble finding the vein, just feels like she used a screwdriver to get the blood!

On the bright side head is feeling a bit better after its wash this morning not so itchy and sore 😀 That's the problem with curly hair I think rather than fall out, it wraps itself round the other hair instead and makes it itchy! 

Karana Here here - just plop that cleaning stuff on his knees!!
I had to give my OH a full to do list this morning to get things under control!!
✨✨

Karana i would just put the cleaning stuff in front of him and say the kitchen needs doing!!

Meesh my bloods went ok...no Argos trainee for me luckily!  I think I get a telephone assessment tomorrow before chemo on wed so reckon I’ll find out if bloods ok then!  I’m gonna be on that train right behind you 💃dancing along with lots of magical unicorn power 🦄 to make round 2 nice and smooth 🌟🌟 that’s the plan anyway!!

Those of you with nasty SE hope they get sorted soon and you start feeling better!

Shi it was a very plain headband I’m afraid but gonna try and get some sparkly ones!! ✨✨

Morning Sue 😘

I seem to be in angry mode today OH just sitting there watching crap TV and I’ve been done bloods, cleaned the whole pub and our kitchen and now need to tackle the pub kitchen which is covered in left over cake!! I might just throw it in his face!  Can I get away with saying it’s the chemo that makes me aggressive??!! 

Thank god god I have you ladies to rant too 😘🌟🌟✨✨