62283members
327911posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Ha ha Sue, I've just seen your picture, that's not how I was doing mine at all! 😂

I've had a go and it does seem a about right! I just fin measurements like that so weird (like arm span finger tip of one arm across body to finger tip of other arm is supposed to be your height, there are loads of others, just weird).

Dizzy this is what i mean sorry not sure why it is sideways if you look you can see where my top finger is lands roughly where my current hairline is x

4 fingers.JPG

Karen I was doing it just after I typed lol 😂

I can’t even figure that out. Still, no wig so no need to worry

How many of us have now stuck our hands on our noses lol 😂

Sounds great Meesh, I’ve alsways been a sucker for make up and love to try different products although I haven’t got much of a clue how to do things properly and just try and blag it!!  Quite liking the idea of a sparkly bald head though so maybe have to invest in a truck load of bronzer!!  Love it that we can laugh at our mishaps ...... like I said laughter is the best medicine!!

Have you felt ok today Meesh?

Feeling a bit tired this afternoon, but have managed a bowl of pasta with my 2nd lot of steroids so hoping I keep the sickness feeling away!!  Haven’t stopped weeing today, yesterday I drank loads but it didn’t seem to be coming out, now I can’t stop!!!! 

Xxxx

Meesh the wig shop told me place a flat hand on the bridge of your nose holding thumb out the way with little finger on bridge and where the top of the fourth finger lands is roughly where the front of the wig should sit x hope that makes sense if not let me know and I will take a selfie and post what I mean xx

Hello everyone, now back from LGFB session and just catching up on all your comments. Karen really glad to hear you're feeling better today. Chaffinch also glad to hear you're also doing ok and getting some food in you, will all your treatments be in the afternoon? Must be hard as you're still full of steroids and then trying to sleep. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some sleep tonight and be feeling a bit brighter tomorrow!

I think we should make it our mission (those when not working) to see how many lol moments we can give our working fellow chemo buddies! I know when I was in the office and I did a sneaking peak at the forum I was also 😂 out loud in an office of people! Whilst making me look slightly nuts, did cheer me up though!

Karen, the question about the bronzer really made me laugh, unfortunately I didn't have that question to hand. However, when I was with the wig lady and she was telling me I had to get wig on my hairline, I did ask how will I know where that is when I have no hair! She said you would be able to tell as your face will be a slightly different colour as it is more weathered than your scalp.

Of course if you're going to bare you head and you love your bronzer then maybe do the whole thing, at least it'd give it some sparkle 🌟✨🌟✨💫

The LGFB session was good. I don't really wear make up (mascara and maybe eyeliner) unless I'm going out somewhere special, didn't have a clue what half the things were! They show you how to use everything, and there was a range of makes in mine (Lancôme make up remover and brow pencil, Clinique cleanser/ moisturiser and line concealer, bare minerals lipstick and blusher, dolce & gabana lip stick and liner, no 7 tinted moisturiser, powder, eye shadow, colour calmer and lip gloss, Rimmel mascara, Avon eyeliner and elie Saab perfume). I think some had slightly different bits in them but were more or less similar (sorry Karen no bronzer though 😂). All comes in a nice little toiletry type bag.

they also show you how to work out your eyebrows if you lose them and give you a little pamphlet showing this and other tips.

should really sign up girls if you haven't already. ☺️

Maybe Meesh will have the answer when she gets back...

I'm half glad now that I don't really do make up, they're gonna think I'm a right weirdo when I tip up at LGFB :-)

I know...it’s something I think we need to get the answer to!! I love my bronzer but can’t envisage putting all over my head!!

Omg Karen that’s hilarious we will look like the brown ball at snooker 🎱 xx

Quick question ladies....once all our head hair falls out and we’re not rocking the action man look how will we know where to stop our makeup as we won’t have a hair line, am I gonna have use bronzer over my whole head!!  Should have got Meesh to ask question at LGFG!!! Xxx

Laughing is the best remedy Dizzy, hope your boss doesn’t suss you out!!! Xx

Glad you got a lovely onc, Sue, every little helps :-)

Karana, I'm at work again but you're making me lol in a full office today!

Lucky you Sue having a bit of eye candy of a onc...mine is a lovely lady but with the most humongous boobs I’ve ever seen, they sit on the table!!!! Xx

Glad your doing ok Chaffinch....I’ve had bath and now gonna have some toast...feeling a lot better than I did over night!  Xxx

Hi all wishing you all a well day x
Just got back from onco appointment just review to ask if meds’ controlled side effects x
Not my usual onco this was a very handsome young man hope I get to see him again x very nice attitude too 👍👍

Morning everyone Smiley Happy

Glad you're feeling a bit better Chaffinch xx

Hi Chaffinch, take it steady today, sounds like you're managing food which is great x

Morning all, I slept much better than last time, woke up every hour or so but didn’t dare move most of the time, the back of my head was sore and I have shed a fair amount of hair overnight. I’ve had a bath but didn’t dare was my hair, good call I think because when I ran a brush gently through it loads came out.
I’m nauseous but it’s under control at the moment so the Emend seems to be doing it’s job. Next one not until 3pm though. I split my steroids this morning one at 7:30 and one at 10:15 not too jittery this time but I feel so heavy and weak, hauling myself out of the bath was a struggle. Back in bed now in clean pjs with no intention of doing a whole lot else today. I’ve managed to eat a digestive biscuit a small banana and half a slice of toast so far. So hopefully the only way is up from here.
Good luck Shi & Ssm and anybody else with appointments today xx

Night time is definitely the worst, enjoying a nice chill out today!  OH in bed still as I think I didturbed his sleep 😱 if only they had any idea how horrible this all is!!

Sparkles much needed today...thank you 🌟🌟🌟

Thanks CK. I will look on the website and order it! I struggle to do anything which requires stretching my arm, most inconvenient..  :-)

Wish everyone a glittering day today..

Fairydust x

Glad you're feeling better Karana. Most of my wobbles have been at night x

Do feel a lot better this morning...think in the middle of the night everything seems so bad 😱

I must of had an angel nurse yesterday as only slight little bruise, she put stuff in very slowly too, in fact it took almost half hr longer than last time so think that does make a difference!! Xx

Good luck with number 2 Shi although after tweeked dose I'm sure u will be fine and get through it remember to drink plenty of water and test when you need to, hopefully you will be able to manage SE better this time, ask chemo nurse questions too if you have any!!
Hoping everyone else is OK this morning managing SE OK and if it's your good week hope you are enjoying it 💖
CK

Hi Karsn
Hope you feel better soon!
Hand and fotearm exerciser from 'Live Better with Cancer' website

You squeeze in hand and can feel it helping your mucsles and pain in your forearm from the cannula hand at treatment.xx
Highlighted

Morning, hope everyone is on the up and that Karana & Chaffinch are getting through day 2 OK.

Wh's in today? Is it Shi & Sam? Did I miss someone?

I think my nausea has finally gone but I'm too scared to remove my SeaBands. I'm such a wuss.

Autumn has finally arrived in the lady garden Woman Frustrated I'm refusing to test the hair on my head though Woman Very Happy

Rach x

Good luck today ladies with appointments. Hope all goes well. Sorry you had a rough night Karana hope things improve today. I'm not too bad now just the dry mouth to contend with. Keep waking up in the night to have a drink which then causes the problem of waking up to wee. Annoying.

Chaffinch hope you had a good night? ♥️

Hi Karen sorry to hear you had a bad night but glad to hear you are coming out the other side ✨✨

I am still achy and head achy but running a bath with salts and oils so hopefully that will make it all better.

Enjoy LGFB Meesh. Sue hope the smells stay away!
No more 80s alcohol stories today? 🤢🤢

Still got it wrong

Shi....GOOD LUCK

Bloody chemo brain kicking in this morning,!

Sorry meant good luck Sam...I’m rubbish at names!  And CK what’s an arm squeezer???xx

Good luck Ali 🍀🍀✨✨🕺🕺

Good luck today Shi and Sam 🍀🍀✨✨🕺🕺

Morning ladies...didn’t have a good night I’m afraid, felt very nauseas, dizzy acidy, uncomfortable, headachy....you name it I had it!  The good news is I’ve come thru the other side and now had my andronston and steroids and got a coffee and a biscuit before I try some toast!  

I managed to watch apprentice, really don’t like the girls much, and like you say Shi don’t talk about football if you don’t know anything about it, I cringed when she said has anyone heard of Jeff Hirst 😱

Good luck today Sue, Sam & Ali 🚂🚂💪🚂🚂

Have fun Meesh at LGFG, look forward to hearing about it later!

Glad I put a smile on you ladies faces last night, this is a nasty thing we are all going thru so being able to laugh is the best medicine!

love & hugs to you all 🌟🌟✨🌟🌟✨

CK

Thanks for mentioning that Meesh.xx

Fairydust
I have a hand and arm squeezer I oerdered from 'Live Better with Cancer' website £6.99 or £7.99.
It has helped my cannula arm.

Morning meesh hood to hear you had a good nights sleep somehow the world always seems a little brighter when we are properly rested xx
Have a great day everyone xx

Morning ladies! How's everyone feeling this morning? Karana, Chaffinch I hope you got a good nights sleep. I managed 7 hours uninterrupted 🙂 Not sure if that's done to the lorazepam or whether down to chamomile tea, Epsom salt bath or the meditation, but hey if it works, who cares!

Got my LGFB session today, hair still looks like roadkill after the cold cap so will definitely where a hat! Done some yoga this morning, felt a little shaken but just had porridge and steroids and feel a bit better now. 

Shi, Sam good luck for today, remember to drink loads, I'll wave to you from the drivers carriage! 👨🏻‍✈️🚂🦄🌈🦄🌈🌟🦄🌈🌟💃🏻✨🕺🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🦄🦄

SueW, good luck with appointment this morning, glad you got your strange smelly armpit issue sorted 😊

Fairy dust, CK has advised she's been using some sort of hand squeezing thing to help her sore chemo arm, perhaps you should ask her about it and give it a go!

Hope me everyone else is doing ok?

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

That’s good news sue. Meesh enjoy lgfb today, tell us how you get on. Thanks fairy dust for tips wishing everyone a good day and sending 💕💕✨✨✨and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺love shi xx

Morning Sam hope it all goes well xx

Good luck to you to shi x

I am at hospital at 10.15 to meet onco wonder how late they will be running today as they always are x

Smell update
I sniffed my husband this morning and no smell so I sniffed my pits this morning before shower and no smell
Seems like chaffinch was right was my sense of smell not my armpits lol x

Thanks everyone

Hope u all have a good day 😊❤️ X

Hi Shi and all

I'm fine, except for major pain in my arm which is used for chemo IV. My vein is not happy with chemo at all.

Hope all does go well for all going through chemo tomorrow / this week. Please check with chemo nurse the flow / speed of chemo going through cannula, as faster the speed, more likely to cause vein issue and subsequent pain. 

Take care of yourselves.

Fairydust x

Hope tomorrow goes well for you Shi and Sam xx

I know Shi, the girls are annoying, but they should have won! That speech was cringeworthy and so was the singing! Smiley Happy xx

I kept smelling a sweet smell around me which my daughter says isn't there! At first I thought it was some fruit that was going off, but then I still smell it when I was in bed and realised it must be me! Smiley Happy xx

Ruth possibly ha ha x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi fairy dust how have you been today? 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

SueW are you saying you are going to start sniffing random strangers 😂😂😂