Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Karen is he trying to beat Henry 8th hold on to your bald head x 🤣🤣
Highlighted

Thank you for all your lovely words & replies, means a lot.

I'd have a right mastecotmy & node clearance, thankfully with clear margins, so the chemo was to make sure it doesn't come back. 

Yes having rads next, should be starting in about 3 weeks, thats for 4 weeks.

Today I also got my tamoxifen. Going to have a good read about it tomorrow & prob start it tomorrow night. 

I was only offered docetaxel weekly over 12 weeks on a reduced dose instead of the 3 fec & 3 t, but it all fell back to my eyesight & the risks were too much. I still have ringing in my ears from the one fec so praying that does eventually go & its not permanent. 

Highlighted

I have been sleeping well for the last week think it’s cause hubby has had s cold do bern in spare room he is now telling me he is starting to feel better my thoughts are Oh No I like star fishing in my bed lol don’t know how long I can banish him to the spare room ha ha x
Highlighted

No not yet...I don’t think he really gets it, he can be so loving sometimes and then he’s just really unthoughtful...not sure I can change a 52 year old...no wonder I’m his 4th wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Highlighted

Thanks Karen, I took my first one this morning and take 1 a day perhaps I'll check my journal to see how long it lasted before, but I think it was quite a while ☹️

They stuck a cannula in my hand chemo 1 but couldn't use it. Chemo 2 they stuck it in side of forearm and decided they couldn't use it so tried to get one in on the inside of forearm but couldn't get it in just made a huge bruise that's still there now. This time got it on side of forearm no extra trying 😊 And not even a mark left, want that nurse again, not the potato digger! 🤣

Karen, you should probably watch that lump is it very painful? as I think they say to watch out for lumps and pain around the cannula site. Call the number if you get worried, just to be on the safe side lovely 🌈🦄🌈🦄🌟🌟🌈
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana good job you said it was where canula went in otherwise I would have thought you were referring to oh as lump who’d Sat on your hand. Did you broach the 9 holes instead of 18 next time 🐟🐟🐟🐟😁😁😁shi xx
Highlighted

The acid stuff I take is Lanzorprazole and I just take it when I think I need it! Just 1 a day so I’ve taken that too as acid was big problem last time...

I’ve got a nice big lump on my hand where cannula was 🙁
Highlighted

I admit it did have to get up for a wee but went straight back to sleep. Wasnt even woken up by OH coming up to bed or getting up in the night. Must have been really zonked out!
Highlighted

Hi Shi..you're right. I'm TN and FEC-T, rads x 15 and that s it.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

I long for nights sleep without getting up to peee peeee peeee in the night. Buddyfan fec-t is also what I think all us tn’s are on too and don’t think we are going onto herceotin to my knowledge any of the tn girls been told anything different? Love shi xx
Highlighted

Yes the lorazepam although not sure I needed it last night, but took it anyway. I've also just taken my ordansetron.

Karen, how long do you take your omeprazole?
Highlighted

That’s great Meesh, don’t they give you something to help you sleep tho that I don’t get 🙁 now gonna take my ordanston xx
Highlighted

Karen, I managed until about 9pm last night although kept dropping off during holby so gave up at about 8:45 to go up to bed and meditate, but fell asleep during the session! 🙄Got a good nights sleep though managed a whopping 8 hours, hope I get the same tonight. 🤞🏻

Highlighted

T-FEC vs FEC-T. Well, wasn’t expecting this answer from onc. 4/5 breast cancer regimes are T-FEC! So I’m the normal one, you lot are 😵😵😵😵!!! Apparently FEC-T is for if you’re having Herceptin as you can’t have that with FEC
Highlighted

Thanks buddy fan have made a note of that and will look at it!

Just had Epsom Salt bath, made some super noodles (don’t care if I go off them and all I cld manage to rustle up) and now chilling om sofa hoping I don’t hit the wall that normally happens about now!!

😬😬😬

Highlighted

I had my pre T3 check today. All good to go for Monday’s chemo if I can stave off any lurking uti. They talked about prophylactic antibiotics for my repeat uti issue. Is anyone else on antibiotics throughout their cycle?

My bone scan threw up two anomalies, one up near my bra strap and one in right hip. As I’ve had issues with both of these for ever, I’m not worried about them being cancer related. However, they are going to do a CT scan to make sure. So more xrays which I don’t really like the idea of.

I’ve been prescribed vita D as my bloods showed them as low. The onc said 50% of people have low vit D due to lifestyle of covering up when in bright sun and low fat diets. It might be worth asking if your blood tests show vita D as only one of my blood tests requested it.

I mentioned corsodyl staining my teeth so they are giving me diflam in my next goody bag. In the meantime I’ve bit the highly gullible bullet and bought some manuka honey from M&S to swill around my mouth.

To add to oiling my nails, I bought some almond oil from Boots. Some woman who’s hands and nails are insured for millions for adverts only uses that. As it’s less than £2 I thought I’d add it into the hand regime. I asked for it from the pharmacy.

My boy (25!) left today for his stint on the ski season, working in La Plagne, France. Next time I see him I will be through all this. Something to look forward to, but I will miss him.

Highlighted

Hi buddy fan I'm on TCHP the HP is target Therapy and the TC is chemo I'm having carboplatin and docetaxel xx
Highlighted

Oh mrsrims, sorry to hear of your FEC plight. Eyesight is so important, I‘m not surprised at your decision but it must have be agonisingly difficult. Good luck. 🦄🦄🦄🦄🎗🎗🎗🎢🎢🎢🌈🌈🌈

Chaffinch, your family must be going through hell and back. Wishing you and them and your dad all the best wishes we can muster from the 🚂 gang.

Karana, mindfulness has meditation within its strategies. If anyone is interested, this is the free website which I have been trying to follow. I’m doing it as part of a pain management clinic and they have webcasts to go over the strategies. Mind you, I fell asleep it today’s webcast!  https://palousemindfulness.com/  anyone can use this website. Just seen Meesh’s post and this site also has a body scan, sounds very similar, if not the same.

Sue, I’m allergic to cats but seem to be ok with my own cats.

Sam, I’m cold capping but I’m on T-FEC not FEC-T. If you get through the FEC with enough hair, I think you’ll be ok. I have lost some after two T but no one would know. I had my below boob length hair cut to chin length before I started and I only comb and wash it when absolutely necessary. I’m looking for a ph neutral shampoo and conditioner, any ideas anyone?

Highlighted

Sam definitely carry on with it 20% is not much. I'm going to keep going until I either finish treatment or I lose every hair on my head whichever comes first.

Good luck with your treatment tomorrow you can cling in the carriage with Shi and Cassie I'll be sending the train 🚂 for them!

Highlighted

Yes I’m sure they will...never of them are very good at doing the normal day to day cleaning they def need a woman’s influence!! Xxx
Highlighted

Thanks Shi

I'm going to carry on with it and hope for the best xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sam I met a woman in the onc clinic today who’s cold capped and she’s done 3 fec and she’s on her 2nd t today and you could not tell at all, it had thinned a bit of you looked really close when she pointed it out but if you were not looking for thinned hair you would never know. She has sailed through the fec and the t so far and she is doing amazing, I told her what and inspiration she is 😘😘😘you meet the most lovely people on this journey❤️❤️Shi xx
Highlighted

Ha ha Kara, Strikes me they'd love you and your hubby back there, a sense of being mothered and fathered again..they may love it..dinners cooked, house cleaned and you two showering them with love and support..

Fairydust x

Highlighted

Ha ha fairydust...they aren’t really kids that’s the trouble and they are so different...mine is a total geek 🤓 and hubbys is a real party animal!! Not sure they will be too pleased us returning and the house will need fumigating first!! Xx
Highlighted

Sorry posted in to forums lol stupid phone ignore this post if u have kindly replied on September chemo x
Highlighted

Hello everyone sorry not been on for while hope ur all well....
I'm having my 3rd chemo tomorrow carboplatin and docetaxel and hormone therapy treatment,I'm using cold cap and lost about 20% of my hair underneath the 2nd cycle...

I think the cold cap wasn't for proper this time tho as I said when I left the hospital that day...

Any having same treatment using cold cap please let me know how your hair has been thanks sam x
Highlighted

No it's just me karana, cause didn't say children I read it so stupidly wrong...I have no kids so not used to speaking of kids..My apologies. Couldn't think who the 20 and 25 yr olds were I initially...lol

Fairydust x
Highlighted

Meesh
Aw, youve given your cat a good home! I really believe they understand all thats going on. My Merlot never leaves my side and comes for walks round the block with me. He also does this realu angry Mieow when I come home late as if to say 'Where the heck have you been?' :0 They are very clever.xx
Highlighted

Trying to work ou how you read it fairy Dust!, wondered if my chemo brain had made me put something weirdo!! Xx
Highlighted

Ok will be careful with oils...will download a meditation app and have a go!! Xx

Highlighted

Karen what giving up the pub totally or just living there whilst on chemo? Have your cat and dog met? That could be an indicator of how they'd get on. My mum and dad bring their dog when they come to stay and my cat is ok with him, she certainly rules but they tolerate each other.

Highlighted

SueW
Hubby can take antihistamines. Daughter was allergic at first but not anymore. Got used to him after a while.x

Karana, this really does change our way of life. I had to bring a business partner in as no way would I have been able to run it. I just go in when I want now. My daughter is 20 too. At Uni.xx

Lavender and Bergemot are oils we can use. I have reflexolgy once a week at the centre. Some places need a letter to say onc is happy for you to have therapies.xx
Highlighted

Oh Karana, had to do a double take of your message..read it the totally wrong way beforehand..
Highlighted

Oh you just need to be careful with the Indian head massage that she just uses a base oil like almond as some essential oils may affect the chemo.

Highlighted

We’ve been discussing coming out of the pub over the last few days, not quite sure how that wld work with my dog meeting my cat as we wld have to move back to the house, along with putting up with my 20 yr old and hubbys 25 year old who’s just moved back in 😬xxx
Highlighted

Yes there are a few apps I use one called calm. They have a number of different meditations in the list which are free a body scan is a good place to start as you can select the amount of time anything from 3 mins to 30 mins. If you started with 3 or 5 mins you could see how you go. It just gets you to breath and the concentrate on different parts of the body to encourage focussing your mind rather than having wandering thoughts. 

Sue good idea to leave everything to the tortoise 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Highlighted

I’m gonna try meditation but don’t really know where to start? Did you say you use an app? Reiki sounds good let me know how it goes...my friend needs some practice on Indian head massage so said she cld use me if she didn’t mind a bald head! Xx
Highlighted

Mr rims so sorry x
Chaffinch sorry to read about your dad wishing him a speedy recovery
Well done today’s passengers x
I am so jealous as I want a fur baby, hubby allergic to cats and I worry about getting dog because although I am off now when I return to work the dog would be home alone all day
I wanted a tortoise for years and hubby bought me one I have now had him 14 years but in all honesty they are a bit boring and I darent tell hubby as he was really expensive then in addition the cost of his tortoise table and bulbs etc etc and to top it all they live to up to 80 years and no one wants to inherit him x I said i am leaving all my worldly good to the 🐢 so if the kids want to inherit they got to be his guardian ha ha x
Highlighted

Karen, could to hear dizziness wasn't blood pressure. Have you tried the meditation yet, I have found in the past that helped my dizziness. I know what you mean about the waiting to feel like 💩I've had a call from the big c today they have a cancellation for reiki tomorrow and did I want it? so said yes. Hoping I'll feel ok, will be my first one, I'll let you know if it helps with the dizziness although I've not been too bad today.

Highlighted

Mrsrims
Please find ways to enable yourself to have the most comfortable and pain free quality of life possible. I admire you so much in making such a difficult decision and it saddens me to read your post. We are all here as one big family, supporting each other and coping in our own ways. Do what is right for you and I wish you all the best. Lots of love.xx
Highlighted

Mrsrims, we don't want to lose you from this forum...please stay. So sorry about your chemo. Will you have rads and / or medication?
Fairydust x
Highlighted

Oh mrsrimms so sorry to hear you're not able to continue. I think we've all questioned whether this is worth it or not at some point, but eyesight is such a big thing, I couldn't give that up either. Good luck to you I hope they can come up with an alternative for you. Please pop back and keep in touch if ever you need to chat or cheering up! Sending 🦄🦄🌟🦄🦄💫🌈🌈🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Highlighted

Mrsrims...so sorry to hear you’ve had such a terrible time!! I agree with you, I don’t think anyone would want to compromise their eyesight! Wishing you well and feel free to pop in and say hi if you need a bit of support from the crazy unicorn gang xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mrsrims, so sorry to hear you had such a time with the chemo, was there nothing like lowering the dose or trying you in a different chemo? I appreciate the agonising decision you have made deciding not to continue with being hospitalised the first round for 6 days too, I 💩myself and nearly told them to forget it too, but they offered my a dose reduction 2nd round and I thought well I’ve got to give it another go. I also went in that Life Mel Honey which has helped loads. We live you Mrsrims, please keep in touch with us all and let us know how you are😘😘😘you will always be part of our 🚂 if you are on chemo or not, we will always be here for you on this journey. 💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Hello ladies, I haven't been on here for so long due to a lot of problems following my first fec chemo on 13th October. I haven't had chemo since & today it has been agree with my oncologist that I will not be having anymore. 

The chemo affected my eyesight & this is why I will not be continuing with it. Despite being really ill with the chemo plus 2 infections & a reaction to the sickness meds, I was still going have the chemo again. After an agonising time deciding if I was going to continue I decided I just cannot compromise my eyesight. 

So very doubtful I will be back on this thread again & just wanted to thank you all for your support & advice. I wish you all well on your journey. Sending love to you all xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, glad you home ok, and your oh 🐟🐟🐟🐟if he can do 18 holes carrying full golf bag, then I am sure you can rest up a bit in the pub and he could do more, maybe suggest he do 9 holes next time instead of 18 to free up a bit of his time 🤣🤣🤣yep get the cat or cats get a cat flap and they will be as happy as Larry, if you are chilled they usually pick up on your vibes and become chilled out too, but they will always want what you are eating and they will always expect to be fed the minute you get in the door, so your meals will take 2nd place, they get fed 1st always otherwise they wrap themselves round your legs, under your feet and will always ensure you stand in a paw, then screech when you do and you feel so guilty that it’s easier to feed them first, lots of love, fuss and talking to them too 😁😁😁😁and so what if anyone thinks you are a crazy cat lady, there are loads of us on this forum 😘😘😘love shi xx
Highlighted

Meesh they checked my blood pressure and it was spot on so dizziness isn’t that...so said maybe I’m doing too much and carry on drinking lots!!  OH is not happy that I need to do less, but that just means he has to do more!! I hate this bit...feel ok at the minute but it’s like I’m waiting to feel rubbish!!  Think I will take a domperidone in a couple of hours and then ordanstron before bed...and the acid one as didnt take that until I started feeling acidy last time and that took a while to kick in!! Xxx

Highlighted

Cat has now resumed snuggle spot on my lap just as well as getting a bit chilly ☺️

Highlighted

Chaffinch, sorry to hear about your dad, you are having a rough time if it on all sides aren't you. Thinking of you today 🤗

Karen, glad to hear you got on ok, what did they say about your dizziness? I'm feeling better today, still a bit acidey every now and again despite acid med. Have also been taking the domperidone which are extras but thought it can't hurt. Just need to take my laxido as justvrealised I'd forgotten 😱

Rest set up and drink loads! 🌈🌈🌈🌟🌟💫💫🌟🦄🦄🦄

Highlighted

Shi, those blood results were amazing I was told mine were not 3 to start off with despite my healthy diet.  I might be getting me some of that life Mel honey!

CK, my cat is black and white, she's a rescue cat. She'd had a bit of a rough start, had gone into rspca at 9 months and heavily pregnant, kittens all reared and rehoused but she stayed there for another 15 months and was classed as long stay. Until a right pair of mugs (me and OH) saw her! She was very fat when we got her and despite putting her on a diet she is still pudgy (although she does have abnormally short legs, but not a munchkin cat there're just cruel). We had a bit of a problem with her when we got her as she started weeing on the carpet ☹️ So we did everything we could to make her happy, loads of tests, more trays, different cat litters everything you name it. Think she just needed time to settle as 15 months after we got her it suddenly stopped (although we have the odd incident now and then). She is such a lovely little cat and pretty too, I often think that she'd been rehomed a number of times and each time they took her back due to the weeing, I just couldn't do it myself, as frustrating as it got. She is fairly gentle and is very chatty, she just jumps on us to wake us up. This morning she climbed up on the back of the sofa and tried to eat my crusty conditioner filled hair from cold cap yesterday! Perhaps she was saying I'd look better bald! She also likes to join me while I'm doing my yoga and meditation, which is sweet.

fairydust, I'd recommend a cat as they are independent and as chaffinch said a rescue cat of that's slightly older 1-2yrs is a good age. Just look out for ones with mad 👀 our one has the maddest eyes I've ever seen on a cat wish we'd called her madeye mooney instead if sticking with Lexi which the rspca called her!