64430members
339322posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Sue, you've been relatively quiet are you ok or have you actually turned into a sphinx cat now and sleeping 18 hours a day? 😂

Community Champion

Where do you get these anti -dickness pills? Could do with some to stop my other half behaving like one ....☹️

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂Ali you get the prize for the first laugh of the day! Not sure an antidickness pill will do anything fir nausea but you'll certainly get a better nights sleep 😂🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣

Hi Karen, I've also found the first evening worse as the treatments have gone along, chemo 1 wasn't really bad at all, chemo 2 felt quite sick took no extra meds but managed it, chemo 3 despite extra meds was very nearly sick about 8:00pm so took more meds and did some deep breathing which got rid of it, luckily think I felt so tired I took the lorazepam, went to bed at 9pm and that seemed to almost knock me out for the night.

I didn't sleep quite as well last night but still 7.5 hours in total, woke a couple of times,once fir the loo, which I can fully sympathise with you as trying to find the loo in the dark when you're dizzy is no fun. We're lucky as previous owners fitted an automatic light in the bathroom (I think for their young kids). So once you've found the door handle there's no fumbling for a switch.

karen, do you know if you clench your jaw at all in your sleep or grind your teeth? This was something I looked into when I was previously suffering with dizziness. I sometimes wake up with a sore ear the experts weren't really interested in it but I spoke with my dentist and got a mouth guard to wear at night. I've also noticed that if I sleep in the same position for too long I get the sore ear thing and often end up dizzy that day.

sorry long post, but just thought it might trigger some recognition for you as the dizziness is horrible. Hoping the reiki might help today I'll let you know!

Ruth, how're you doing now are you coming out the other side now?

Ali, have you heard from Cherry b recently, hope she's doing ok?

We all need some of that to go with the 🐟!
Sorry to hear that you had a rough night. I was awake for about 1.5 hours between 3:15 & 4:45.
I had drunk loads during the day and had a pint of lemongrass and ginger cordial when I got home followed by 2 bowls of soup so expected to be peeing but I think my digestive system went on strike and I just felt very sloshy and nauseous nothing seemed to be going through. I haven’t drunk enough overnight just couldn’t face it and like you have been up for a wee a few times and felt very heavy and unsteady. I took one Ondansetron at bedtime and another at 3:15am. I have an under active thyroid and my tablets for that are supposed to taken on an empty stomach along with the Lansoprazole for acid reduction so I braved those and then had a small bit of fruit bread and one steroid I will have the other one at midday. I’m already feeling panicky and twitchy so can’t take them together.
Hope SE are kind today ladies. I’m planning a bath if I can get OH to run one before he goes out and then back to bed in my fluffy Jim jams for the rest of the day. Xx

Anti dickness Ali 🤣 can't say I've been offered that one.

Warming up ready to take my place on the 🚂 this morning. Still really nervous what this cycle will bring. As long as I don't end up in case NHS it will be a successful. Good luck Shi I'll see you on board later. Anyone else up today?

Cassie x

Good luck on the chemo train, even!!

Good luck I’m the chemo train this morning ✨💖🦄

I’m off in to the office again today. I’ll pop in and check up on everyone but it’d be ace if you could refrain from posting stuff that makes me look like a crazy for loling at work 🤣🤣

Anti dickness!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Chafginch ask your doctor for Cyclizine! The don peridone was my extra anti dickness but it made me feel horrible. My Gp said cyclizine works on messages from the brain - it stopped me feeling sick and gave me a greft sleep.

Hope you feel better. Nausea is the pits!!

Xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well chaffinch, try and catch up on some sleep today, I’m on board meesh and on my way there 😁😁😁😘😘😘saving your seat for you cassie love shi xx

Morning ladies....not a great night for me I’m afraid, after spending the afternoon drinking loads of water but not peeing much I spent every hour from 12pm having a wee!  Not great when every time you get up you feel sick and dizzy! But hey ho it’s the morning now!  I’ve had my steroids and cup coffee with fig roll! Head is really pounding too 🙁

Hope you all got on the chemo 🚂 ok....good luck and lotsa love for a safe journey!!

How you feeling today Meesh, that first night was def a lot worse than previous 2 for me!!

xxx

Mine are firmly attached but like you it took me an hour or 2 to remember that I was only wearing one and the other was still in my pocket!
Good luck ladies, travel safe xx

Oh forgot to say don't forget your seabands ladies!

Morning ladies!

Sorry to hear you haven't slep well Chaffinch. I think the nausea seems to get worse as we go along with this fec! As the night after chemo was certainly worse fir me thus time too. Glad they got your cannula done right first time too.

Shi, Cassie and Sam I have the train 🚂 warmed up and the gun is to the 👨🏻‍✈️Head. We'll be heading off to come and get you soon, Shi looks like your first on! It's been a busy week on the train so the seats should be nice and warm! 🦄⭐️🦄⭐️🦄⭐️⭐️🌈✨💫🌈💫💫🌟🌈🦄

RUnnerbean are you up tomorrow? Good luck with bloods if you're having them today!

Just off to do my yoga and meditation so that I can hold that gun nice and steady, we wouldn't want to blow his head off would we?

Karen, hope you managed to sleep well too!

hope everyone else is making there most of their good days! 🌟🤗💫🌟💫💫🌈⭐️🦄✨✨🦄⭐️🌈💫💫💫⭐️🦄✨💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🦄🦄🦄🌈🌈⭐️🦄🦄✨💃🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻💃🏻

I have slept from 11pm until now, felt very nauseous all evening had metaclopramide and Ondansetron just had a second Ondansetron because I was told that I could double up on them. I need to drink more but it’s not sitting well. Hope I can get more sleep. I woke up briefly an hour ago and was so disappointed that it was only 2:30! It could be a long night 😞

Chaffinch, and everyone else who has had treatment today, hope your SE's are minimal and you get some sleep.

My optician told me that i will need to come back and get new glasses after chemo. Mrs rims i hope your eyes recover and your treatment goes well.

Good luck to the ladies having treatment tomorrow xc.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘glad chemos went well for you today chaffinch. ❤️❤️to all your family lu and again hope your dad makes a steady recovery. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Mrsrims, what effect did the chemo gave on your eyesight. For about a year now I have been struggling with my varifocal glasses and get double vision and ghosting when I have been reading or doing close work. This has got worse while in chemo and sometimes I struggle to focus. When I was at my LGFB Couse there were a couple of other ladies saying that their eye sight was suffering but one of the make up ladies said that hers had too when she had chemo but was now better than ever 6 years on.
Not sure if I should worry or not. Just had FEC 3 today.
Hope you are tucked up in bed Karen, thanks for the safe journey today Meesh. Best wishes to Shi and any other passengers tomorrow xx

I am watching secret life of the zoo ... love this show 😊
Good luck tomorrow lovely ladies xxx

Thanks for good wishes for my dad, they are still testing him for loads of things hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and find a way to improve his quality of life.
Chemo was a much better experience today, lovely friendly nurse who got cannula in really quickly first time no pain and it worked a treat 😊 I was really nervous this time but was put at ease right away.
Feeling pretty pants now though had a metaclopramide already and will have more Ondansetron in a bit when I go to bed. Had soup for tea which was ok at the time but not feeling it now 🤢
Sleep well ladies, I’m hoping I’m tired enough to sleep! Just want to hibernate for the next week. Distracted myself with Secret Life of 4 Year Olds but couldn’t stand any more noise and the bright tv so just holding out for a bit longer then bed!

Yes we can always do a stop off at rads for mrsrimms!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Karana for warming seat 😘😘yep Cassie i’ll Save window seat for you as I need aisle seat cause I keep peeing 🤣🤣🤣you’ll be ok on lower dose I have been and also that Life Mel Honey and steak a day worked lovely on my 2nd round. Thanks meesh for sending 🚂for us all tomorrow, just got a few to get out of the coffee shop now and also get mrsrims from the booking hall as she changed her ticket but hopefully still will check in on the journey as will always be one of our ladies. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Shi, I'll have that train 🚂 warmed up for you, Cassie and Sam, were there any others? Choo choo! Make sure you wave as you board so I can count you all on!

Chaffnch are you back yet, hope you got on ok? 🌈🌟🌈🌟🦄🦄✨🌟🌈🌟🌈🦄

Hiya. I have appointment with oncologist at 10.30 and if liver function is back up to normal we should be good to get on that train around an hour later. Part of me is ready to get on and get it done. Its the last FEC after all. But im really nervous this time after ending up in hospital last time. Onc said he would reduce the dose as it was probably too much but im still reslly nervous about it.

See you on board tomorrow Shi save me a window seat

Cassie x

It doesn’t hurt wen I touch it and it’s not red, just think it’s where they put it in as top of my hand just below my knuckle!

Sue...I think he is!! Carry on star fishing for as long as you can hunny!?

Shi hope it all goes well for you tomorrow, at least the seats in the train will still be warm! It’s been a busy week! Is anyone else up tomorrow?

🚂🚂🌈🚂🚂🦄✨✨
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sounds like a normal bloke then Karana 😁😁😁meesh is tight about watching for lumps round the canula as it could be a bit of leaking from the chemo, if it feels hot and is swelling phone rapid response as you might need the site flushing, I think that’s right isn’t it meesh? I’m on train at 9am meesh, so will need 🚂 for then please, cassie what time you onboard lovely? 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Karen is he trying to beat Henry 8th hold on to your bald head x 🤣🤣
Highlighted

Thank you for all your lovely words & replies, means a lot.

I'd have a right mastecotmy & node clearance, thankfully with clear margins, so the chemo was to make sure it doesn't come back. 

Yes having rads next, should be starting in about 3 weeks, thats for 4 weeks.

Today I also got my tamoxifen. Going to have a good read about it tomorrow & prob start it tomorrow night. 

I was only offered docetaxel weekly over 12 weeks on a reduced dose instead of the 3 fec & 3 t, but it all fell back to my eyesight & the risks were too much. I still have ringing in my ears from the one fec so praying that does eventually go & its not permanent. 

I have been sleeping well for the last week think it’s cause hubby has had s cold do bern in spare room he is now telling me he is starting to feel better my thoughts are Oh No I like star fishing in my bed lol don’t know how long I can banish him to the spare room ha ha x

No not yet...I don’t think he really gets it, he can be so loving sometimes and then he’s just really unthoughtful...not sure I can change a 52 year old...no wonder I’m his 4th wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Karen, I took my first one this morning and take 1 a day perhaps I'll check my journal to see how long it lasted before, but I think it was quite a while ☹️

They stuck a cannula in my hand chemo 1 but couldn't use it. Chemo 2 they stuck it in side of forearm and decided they couldn't use it so tried to get one in on the inside of forearm but couldn't get it in just made a huge bruise that's still there now. This time got it on side of forearm no extra trying 😊 And not even a mark left, want that nurse again, not the potato digger! 🤣

Karen, you should probably watch that lump is it very painful? as I think they say to watch out for lumps and pain around the cannula site. Call the number if you get worried, just to be on the safe side lovely 🌈🦄🌈🦄🌟✨🌟✨🌈
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana good job you said it was where canula went in otherwise I would have thought you were referring to oh as lump who’d Sat on your hand. Did you broach the 9 holes instead of 18 next time 🐟🐟🐟🐟😁😁😁shi xx

The acid stuff I take is Lanzorprazole and I just take it when I think I need it! Just 1 a day so I’ve taken that too as acid was big problem last time...

I’ve got a nice big lump on my hand where cannula was 🙁

I admit it did have to get up for a wee but went straight back to sleep. Wasnt even woken up by OH coming up to bed or getting up in the night. Must have been really zonked out!

Hi Shi..you're right. I'm TN and FEC-T, rads x 15 and that s it.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

I long for nights sleep without getting up to peee peeee peeee in the night. Buddyfan fec-t is also what I think all us tn’s are on too and don’t think we are going onto herceotin to my knowledge any of the tn girls been told anything different? Love shi xx

Yes the lorazepam although not sure I needed it last night, but took it anyway. I've also just taken my ordansetron.

Karen, how long do you take your omeprazole?

That’s great Meesh, don’t they give you something to help you sleep tho that I don’t get 🙁 now gonna take my ordanston xx

Karen, I managed until about 9pm last night although kept dropping off during holby so gave up at about 8:45 to go up to bed and meditate, but fell asleep during the session! 🙄Got a good nights sleep though managed a whopping 8 hours, hope I get the same tonight. 🤞🏻

T-FEC vs FEC-T. Well, wasn’t expecting this answer from onc. 4/5 breast cancer regimes are T-FEC! So I’m the normal one, you lot are 😵😵😵😵!!! Apparently FEC-T is for if you’re having Herceptin as you can’t have that with FEC

Thanks buddy fan have made a note of that and will look at it!

Just had Epsom Salt bath, made some super noodles (don’t care if I go off them and all I cld manage to rustle up) and now chilling om sofa hoping I don’t hit the wall that normally happens about now!!

😬😬😬

I had my pre T3 check today. All good to go for Monday’s chemo if I can stave off any lurking uti. They talked about prophylactic antibiotics for my repeat uti issue. Is anyone else on antibiotics throughout their cycle?

My bone scan threw up two anomalies, one up near my bra strap and one in right hip. As I’ve had issues with both of these for ever, I’m not worried about them being cancer related. However, they are going to do a CT scan to make sure. So more xrays which I don’t really like the idea of.

I’ve been prescribed vita D as my bloods showed them as low. The onc said 50% of people have low vit D due to lifestyle of covering up when in bright sun and low fat diets. It might be worth asking if your blood tests show vita D as only one of my blood tests requested it.

I mentioned corsodyl staining my teeth so they are giving me diflam in my next goody bag. In the meantime I’ve bit the highly gullible bullet and bought some manuka honey from M&S to swill around my mouth.

To add to oiling my nails, I bought some almond oil from Boots. Some woman who’s hands and nails are insured for millions for adverts only uses that. As it’s less than £2 I thought I’d add it into the hand regime. I asked for it from the pharmacy.

My boy (25!) left today for his stint on the ski season, working in La Plagne, France. Next time I see him I will be through all this. Something to look forward to, but I will miss him.

Hi buddy fan I'm on TCHP the HP is target Therapy and the TC is chemo I'm having carboplatin and docetaxel xx

Oh mrsrims, sorry to hear of your FEC plight. Eyesight is so important, I‘m not surprised at your decision but it must have be agonisingly difficult. Good luck. 🦄🦄🦄🦄🎗🎗🎗🎢🎢🎢🌈🌈🌈

Chaffinch, your family must be going through hell and back. Wishing you and them and your dad all the best wishes we can muster from the 🚂 gang.

Karana, mindfulness has meditation within its strategies. If anyone is interested, this is the free website which I have been trying to follow. I’m doing it as part of a pain management clinic and they have webcasts to go over the strategies. Mind you, I fell asleep it today’s webcast!  https://palousemindfulness.com/  anyone can use this website. Just seen Meesh’s post and this site also has a body scan, sounds very similar, if not the same.

Sue, I’m allergic to cats but seem to be ok with my own cats.

Sam, I’m cold capping but I’m on T-FEC not FEC-T. If you get through the FEC with enough hair, I think you’ll be ok. I have lost some after two T but no one would know. I had my below boob length hair cut to chin length before I started and I only comb and wash it when absolutely necessary. I’m looking for a ph neutral shampoo and conditioner, any ideas anyone?

Sam definitely carry on with it 20% is not much. I'm going to keep going until I either finish treatment or I lose every hair on my head whichever comes first.

Good luck with your treatment tomorrow you can cling in the carriage with Shi and Cassie I'll be sending the train 🚂 for them!

Yes I’m sure they will...never of them are very good at doing the normal day to day cleaning they def need a woman’s influence!! Xxx

Thanks Shi

I'm going to carry on with it and hope for the best xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sam I met a woman in the onc clinic today who’s cold capped and she’s done 3 fec and she’s on her 2nd t today and you could not tell at all, it had thinned a bit of you looked really close when she pointed it out but if you were not looking for thinned hair you would never know. She has sailed through the fec and the t so far and she is doing amazing, I told her what and inspiration she is 😘😘😘you meet the most lovely people on this journey❤️❤️Shi xx

Ha ha Kara, Strikes me they'd love you and your hubby back there, a sense of being mothered and fathered again..they may love it..dinners cooked, house cleaned and you two showering them with love and support..

Fairydust x