376146posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Ruth07

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Oh yes Shi - I got my hormone status pretty quickly but it took longer to confirm her2 status as TN. They also wanted to do a full test of the tumour to confirm lack of any receptors which might have been what your onc wanted to do before categorically giving you your TN status? My main consultant for my diagnosis was my surgeon as that is the set up here and I also asked for my lab paperwork from the start so had that from quite early on. He offered to give me my MRI results too but that just scared the pants off me!! In my job I am a health researcher/writer but I can only look at the BC info in bite sized amounts as it is too scary when you are actually the person with BC plus I hadn't worked in cancer for about 10 years. As someone said you can't unsee things once you have seen them 🙈🙈🙉🙉

They haven't even planned my rads yet I don't think as genetics will come first. It really will be a shame if I do need more surgery as my surgeon did such an amazing job first time around 🙁
Ruth07

Good evening ladies ♥️♥️ Had a lovely day out having lunch with friends although suffering a bit now as very tired and feeling the effect of the small glass of fizz and glass of red wine I had! But just wanted to feel as if it was a normal outing 🤷‍♀️

Yoga - I really like this lady
http://yogawadriene.wpengine.com/category/free-yoga-videos/30-days-of-yoga/
I put the link to her free videos which are pretty good - you can also find her on YouTube. I subscribe to all her videos for 7.99 a month but as I say her free ones are good and range from introductory basics to more energetic yoga flow.

Meesh from my reading F can contribute to sickness etc but can also badly affect your skin and have a sensory impact on your hands and feet. If I felt these were my worst SEs I would probably question using it but so far it is the stomach and sickness SEs that I hate most. Did have photosensitivity with cycle 1 but it hasn't been as bad on cycle 2 - but fatigue, nausea and diarrhoea definitely worse this cycle. Also found it harder to eat and practically impossible to drink. But better for two days now and enjoyed a lovely roast beef lunch 😋

Will be sending out a couple of emails tomorrow to see if I can get a couple of days work in for the next week. Funnily my brain feels a bit less affected by this cycle than cycle 1 but do feel more jittery and nervous about simple things. Definitely wish I wasn't a freelancer right now and could just go into work rather than have to try to find it but what can you do 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Wishing everyone on the chemo 🚂🚂 the best of luck 💃🌈🕺💫🌈💃🕺💫🕺💃🌈🦄🦄🦄
Hope you feel better soon Karen 🤞🤞
Ali49

Karana cool boiled water also helps to get things moving but definitely ask for movicol powders!

Chaffinch have you already had surgery? The reasonni didnt have surgery first was so that i could have permuzetab!!

Felt rough again today. Dont feel like i have picked up as quickly after the 3rd cycle. Feeling a bit down too. So much to do for Christmas etc but just cant motivste myself at the mo. Need to get my a*** moving xx
Meesh73

😂Shi, perhaps we should be doing a 💩💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💩💩 for Karen to help things along?

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Just want to wish everyone who has treatment this week lots of 😘😘😘😘early night tonight. Karana hope you get a 💩soon it amazing how much you 😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺with relief when you have. Love you all very much 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
DizzyBrummie

I’m itching to get back to running but even a brisk walk is doing me in at the minute!
Meesh73

You tube have some specially for bc. I'm not very bendy and I've been doing yoga 1-2 a week for quite a while but seem to have improved now I'm doing a bit every day (still not very bendy though) 😂

Mishy18

I would love to try yoga so unfit and stiff though is it easy to pick up I need to get fit and would much rather try that than a jumping around type of class
Especially as it seems to have so many health benefits!
MrsMeow

Evening lovelies - I swear by winsor pilates YouTube videos and even did them after surgery twice fairly soon after op days- there is no cardio involved really so no need to get hot and bouncy and the upper body and lower one are 20 mins long I found them perfect and they didn't interfere with physio as I had some issues healing. I can't wait to take a leaf out of my own book mind and get back to it as have put on so much weight on chemo - how did that happen!! X
SueW

I never thought of using prime I might ask Alexa tomorrow too lol I busy with Lucifer tonight 🤣🤣🤣
Meesh73

Cassie, I've also bought one of those mini fitness trampolines as someone OH knows who had bc recommended it as a fairly gentle way to get heart rate up and to help with lymph drainage. I think Ruth also read something similar.

WhyteFawn

Thanks. Yes have smart tv so can look on you tube and Amazon prime so will have a look for something tomorrow. I normally prefer energetic type exercises but I think they maybe out of the question for a while lol. Something a little gentler in the meantime maybe lol.
SueW

Cassie if you can access you tube through smart tv or Now tv you can look for yoga videos x
Meesh73

Cassie, once you have an idea what you're doing it's quite good as you can adjust it to how you're feeling, as it has restorative poses as well as stronger ones and it's easy to adjust the time length too. The only day I don't do any is usually the day after chemo. I also read it can help with breaking down scar tissue and also how the body reacts to chemo, have a google of yoga for breast cancer.

WhyteFawn

Thanks Meesh. I feel the need to do something as I seem to be losing so much muscle ( not that I was Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first place). I've found some beginner stuff on Amazon prime so will have a look at that tomorrow.
Meesh73

Hi Cassie, I'm doing yoga daily, I do my own thing as I used to do a yoga class prior to chemo but you'll find it on you tube and you might also be able to get it on your tv (we have sky and they have some fitness channels which usually have yoga on.

WhyteFawn

I think there's a couple of people on here doing some yoga or pilates or something to keep them moving. Can I ask is it a DVD you're following or do you just know how to do it? I'm after some recommendations as I've gone from being really active to being very inactive and feel I need something to keep my body moving.

Many thanks
Cassie x
Mishy18

Yeah Shi I'm having boosters for TN and age! I think the boosters are to the site of the tumor I found out my TN after biopsy I remember at first think oh that's good it doesn't respond to hormones didn't realise that was not something to be happy about 🤔 but I think all the TN will more than likely have the boosters and a think we probs all Fec t apart from me awkward 💩 that ended up fec then EC then t then abraxy 😂😂 talking of 💩 going to watch x factor soon!! Then maybe jungle and snowfall on BBC 2 has anyone else been watching it it's really good set in california in the 80's it's about cocaine and drug dealers but really good!
Also can't wait for 2nd episode if peaky blinders what a first episode and well who can resist a bit of Tommy Shelby 😘 he puts the oo back into cool 😊
The oh got himself a peaky blinders haircut but bless him it doesn't have quite the same effect on him!!
Loving the beanie Dizzie 💖
Chaffinch17

You never know when to start worrying, it’s not unusual for me in my old normal life not to go for 2-3 days but doesn’t normally cause any issues but I presume chemo makes skin thinner which causes issues.
karana23

Shi it was all going fine until fri so not too bad!! I’m sure something will happen soon!! Xx
WhyteFawn

Love the hat it looks great! I can't knit or crochet but love cross stitch. Currently working on a tiger project.
Meesh73

Karen, shame I don't live a bit nearer I'd have run you a packet over! I stocked up but haven't eaten them this cycle yet.

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dizzy ❤️❤️❤️The hat looks great 😁buddyfan thanks for info on the t and good luck for tomorrow. Karana when did you last go to 💩 sorry to ask but if you are having tummy pains keep eye on it please our bodies are not in a normal way whilebon chemo and ring that number to check you are on please, sorry to mother hen but it’s about us all getting through safe😘😘💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

😂I don't have any patience for knitting, but do crochet. I bought some wool just before I started chemo to make another hat but haven't had the motivation to start it yet! Perhaps now it's getting colder I might be a bit more inclined to start it.

karana23

I tried the bojangle chock but didn’t like them I’m afraid...I must be a bit strange...I’m more of a galaxy girl!!

Think I’m gonna have to try out prunes tomorrow...Sunday’s not the best day to be needing stuff!!

😱💩😱💩😱
SueW

Buddy good luck for tomorrow
Love the hat rach
I bought a pack of 2 wig caps of ebay they only cheap but stop woolly hats being itchy xx
DizzyBrummie

It’s crocheted. I can knit but it’s so slow and I’m too impatient.
Meesh73

Buddyfan, I'll make sure the track is clear and the 🚂 is nice and warm for you tomorrow! Hope you've been getting your fluids in today!  I've seen the monty bojangles choccies in our Tesco but not sure which type they were, someone bought me some after my surgery they were lush 😋

Rach, is your beanie crocheted or knitted? 

DizzyBrummie

Buddy, I’m with you on the research front. Too scared to look closely.

It was a little itchy after an hour or so. Once my hair has all gone I might wear a plain blank chemo hat underneath.

A road trip is always nice, I hate being stuck indoors.

Good luck for tomorrow x
Meesh73

Rach, love the new beanie!

Karen, cycle 1 I ate some prunes (came in a packet from dried fruit section, think they were whitworths) they were very soft and quite nice actually, not like the tinned stuff I remember as a kid.  The hospital prescribed me with laxido they are dissolvable sachets, I use them twice a day for the first 2 days and am usually ok.

Shi, -10? 😱😱😱😱😱 think I should've added the extra duvet when I changed the bed this morning!

buddyfan

SueW, Meesh, I’m on board tomorrow for T3, my last T before FECs start. Could you clear the hair off the track. We don’t want the wrong sort of hair slowing us up.

Brave ladies to question your onc but I suppose it’s our bodies. I was told you couldn’t have heceptin with FEC which is why a lot of you have FEC-T . I’m still not sure of my onc’s response that most are T-FEC. If I search for T-FEC there’s NO information. Maybe I don’t want to know. Sometimes I just want to trust that they’ll sort it. They say for me, my regime will be a cure. I’ll go with that. Believe me, I always thought that if I was in this situation, I would research to the nth degree. But I find I don’t want to look in case I see stuff I don’t want to see. Once seen, you can’t un-see it.

Shi, for T
I have steroids twice day, for 3 days, starting day before, then once day for 2 days.
Jabs day 2 for 7 days.
Co-amoxiclav x 3 a day, starting day 8 for 7 days.
Fluc.. for thrush starting day 8 for 7 days (I think).
My 💩💩💩💩 have been perfect!!
SE=Tiredness, taste off and slightly numb feet (ok now).
But only T1,T2 so far. I maybe updating next week.

Dizzie, love the beanie but is it itchy?

Spent the day in the car, pretty much. For the first trip out since starting chemo, we went 2.5hrs to Lincolnshire to see a desk we liked, having confirmed with the owner the details of the advert on eBay. Turns out he incorrectly listed the dimensions. He did pay our petrol money and a bit. To be honest, as LH said, the car is warmer than the house and sitting in the car, I’ve had sunshine on me most of the day. The extra fuel money paid for a very good latté and pudding at castle rising tea shop. I’ve been off coffee so last day before chemo, this was a treat. Bonus, as we were near Kings Lynn, we popped into Morrisons for another six, yes six, boxes of Monty bojangles choccy scoffy as we don’t have a Morrisons near us. So, sort of a good day out, without too much contact with other humans.
Off for a shower and pjs now, before demo tomorrow.
DizzyBrummie

Hope you’re feeling better soon Karen.

I like my new hat so much I’ve bought the pattern so I can make another 😳
karana23

Lovely hat dizzy!!

Been taking the stuff hosp gave me but not working yet...just giving me stomach cramps....Now upstairs and taking it easy and hopefully relaxing will help!! Xxx
Claire-bell

Wow Dizzy
gorgeous beanie hat! 😍 love it!
Cx
Claire-bell

Hey Karana - did you try Lactulose yet? It gets me going by lunchtime every time. I usually take it at night before bed and then in the morning and then it gets me moving. I've not needed more than four doses yet. Prunes and dried apricots are also good for constipation.
On the treatment discussion - there are so many different types of breast cancer that we will all have slightly different treatments whether we are TN or HER2+ is only one difference. I've had my surgery so there is no way of knowing straight away if the chemo (x8) and rads (x4 weeks) has even worked. But it's not really an option not to have the treatments suggested for us.
I have taken a day off today 🙂
I've had a good rest, slept a lot, not gone anywhere and enjoyed my fav film Cinema Paradiso with my mum.
It's been really good. Yesterday I had a melt down in the optician as they refused to order me some new contact lenses and I realised that I've been pushing myself to the limit trying to fill my days like I used to be able to do. My body ( and my emotions) had had enough. It's hard to stop when we are all used to carrying on. But it's been good to do that today! Hopefully I can get back on board and go to work tomorrow because I gave myself time today!
Hope you've all had some good times today xxhugs Cx
DizzyBrummie

30FA1BD2-D7C8-425E-9B9B-456DCFEA152B.jpegI don’t have wig but my new beanie turned up 😁

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana didn’t someone mention prunes or plums a while back? Have you been getting the 2l + of fluids in, it’s easy to go an hour without putting some fluids in. Hope you get something happening soon in the 💩 dept, I was like that yesterday and your mind can start holding it in, try and relax lovely😘😘💕💕shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep dizzy -10 towards end of the week apparently, let hope the met’s wrong, otherwise ☃️☃️☃️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️Still it’ll get rid of bugs and hopefully keep us safe on 🦄🚂😘😘💕💕shi xx
karana23

More tablets and still no 💩, had coconut water, liquorice and nuts, not sure what else to try!!!!! 😱😱😱
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks mishy 😘😘are all us tn’s of 3 fec then 3t? Has anyone had any mention of anything other than rads yet? And those tn’s who’ve had op did you only find out tn after op or at biopsy stage? And has anyone discussed how long your rads will be for yet and if you will be getting a booster too, I think you are having a booster aren’t you mishy for your tn. Love and hugs 💕💕😘😘shi xx
Mishy18

To be honest our treatments are tailored for us and there is always a reason that they give us something or don't even if it's TN or Her+ so don't worry lasses!!!!!
Mishy18

The First in the fec debate! Well ladies as you know I'm TN and finished my chemo last one was 1st Nov, anyway I was started on Fec t regime had 2 Fec and after 2 terrible times on it with hospital admissions my onc dropped the f out! He said it was the least important drug and many hospitals don't include it just give the EC, he explained that my TN did not affect me not having the F but felt it was that drug that I wasn't coping with, then I obviously moved onto T but after a reaction to it on 5th infusion I had to finish my chemo with the very expensive(what they told me!) abraxane to finish as being TN they couldnt cancel the regime short!!! My onc is head of the NCC in North East and a leading national onc too Shi so I trust him totally!!
DizzyBrummie

-10?!? 😱😱😱
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Good for you dizzy, can’t beat nice pj’s and snuggles bed things, sound like we are going to need them ladies if that -10 is in the way brrrrrrrrrrr 💕💕shi xx
DizzyBrummie

More PJs purchased. I love my pjs.
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Having a comfy 💩 💩 is to be celebrated it’s been a pain in the ass (as Samantha from sitc) would say 😁😁😁when we switch to t you have to start steroids day before but with botty squits imminent I and going to see if May ladies can advise because I think buddyfan who is in t already has been ok, that’s right isn’t it buddy fan you start steroids day before t then have them chemo day and day after too 8 per day? 💕💕shi xx
Meesh73

😂🤣😂🤣 Chaffinch it's certainly come to something when we're pleased to 💩 in comfort and without incident! 

DizzyBrummie

Good for you Chaffinch x
Chaffinch17

The simple things in life 💩 without incident or pain, long may it continue. Dulcoease you are my friend!
Meesh73

Rach, sounds similar to mine let's keep fingers crossed 🤞🏻for hair and brows!