Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Ruth let’s is know how you get on when you can we do worry about each other xx

Hi all just catching up
They didn’t have any tarts grrr
But I got tiramisu instead lol can’t fave coffee but missing caffeine also got some iced latte which I can
It’s just the smell as the hot water hits coffee 🀒 xx

Meesh sorry to hear about your order M and m direct had some in their sale might be worth a look x

I’m private for this stage too (thank you hubby’s work!) so get a bag with my pills/ jab each session and a total that they’re charging the insurance company. For Β£
800+ of their money, I get:
Lonquex (single injection to boost WBCs)
Fluconazole (for 10 days, for mouth soreness)
Dexamethazone (steroids x32 tablets)
Domperidone (though I’ve got a bit of a backlog now)

Sue, good luck for your next few injections xxx I totally chicken out and her hubby to do it each time. He was a wuss the first time but has sussed it out now πŸ™‚

Karen, you sound so busy! Take care of yourself and I hope you get some help from your doc/onc x

Ruth, I hope you aren’t stuck at A&E long and they are able to sort you out xx

My day 2 of T has been uneventful (waiting for SEs to kick in days 3-5 😱) and I’ve managed to sort out my wardrobe! By clearing out my maternity clothes, I now have space to hide Christmas presents πŸ™ˆ

Lots of love to everyone.

Oh Rach, had bad news about my dms and satchel! OH has had his money refunded, no explanation at all. Presume they're out of stock! So he's back to square one now for my Xmas present 😟

Evening ladies! Just catching up on you all.

Shi, flash mob dance was great we should definitely do that!πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»

Ruth, hope you're ok. Let us know how you get on. βœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ’«β­οΈπŸŒˆπŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸ’«β­οΈπŸŒŸβœ¨βœ¨πŸŒŸ

Ali, I'll make sure the driver warms the train πŸš‚ up ready for you tomorrow! Good luck with your first t treatment hope it goes ok.

Sue, well done on that injection. Did you treat yourself to that tart? Mmmm lemon and raspberry sounds πŸ˜‹

Karen, hope you get on ok at docs and you get that tummy sorted.

Buddyfan, glad your temp is back to being even on both sides πŸ™‚

Work wasnt too bad today, a lady bought me a present hotel chocolate dark chocolate ginger drops. She had bc 20 years ago and she said she knew I liked ginger. Didn't like to say that ginger makes me 🀒 πŸ˜–now! Still OH will polish them off no doubt.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ruth, sorry just seen poss prob with pic line, hope you are going to be ok lovely😘😘please let us know how you get on. For those of us who are tn and node neg, I’ve been told rads to chest wall after, I don’t know how many yet. Have you been told rads after chemo, I thought you had and someone else who’s tn said about a booster after rads too, I’m not going crazy and imagining things am iπŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Ruth that's pants... let us know how you get on. X
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁it’s ruths idea Karana, would be brilliant if all the threads wanted to join in for a mass flash mob to Cindi laupers girls just wanna have fun, I can’t upload a link to the tune as I’m rubbish at uploading, if one of you other brilliant ladies could we can start practicing our dance moves (not Monica and ross’s New Year’s Eve pRty dance tho) πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Shi that would be fab for all our threads to do something β™₯️
Am sat in the car as OH is picking DD up from after school club as it seems w need to take another family trip to a&e 😳 My PICC line played up when they tried to take bloods this afternoon and so now they want to make sure I don't have a clot!
Ho hum will let you know how it goes but have my overnight bag in the boot just in case 😏

That’s a brilliant idea Shi!!

These injections sound horrible...I’m glad I don’t have to have them!

Im feeling alit better today think the Biscopan (IBS) tablets are helping!  Have stopped the domperidone...they def made me worse...haven’t called onc nurse today as their advice yesterday to take domperidone was rubbish!!  Gonna make appoint at docs tomorrow as need some more Lansoprazole so gonna see what she suggests and maybe ask if I can have cetrozine (is that what it’s called?) OH has now gone off to footy...he was a bit worried about leaving me after last nite but I’ve got staff in at 6 and a friend popping in to check I’m ok before then....at the minute it’s just me and the dog in the pub!!

xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cassie That will be great if you get results before surgery so you can just have the one op, think Ruth and I who are waiting out gene results are currently waiting to see if we need further surgery next year when our come back. Ruth, it would be brilliant if not only our thread but lots of other threads were up for a flash mob in Trafalgar Square it would really highlight how wonderful these threads are and how much they help us all πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi everyone. How are you all doing?
I've been to hospital today for my genetics chat. The lady was really nice but she was telling me stuff I'd already read about and it was hot in the room so kept losing focus. Got a blood test form so can tag it into my chemo bloods next week to save having yet another blood test. Hopefully results will come back end of chemo time which may influence surgery.

Cassie x

Shi that was a fab flash mob - we should definitely do a Wonder Woman one in Trafalgar Square when we all meet up 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue, I’m the same as you when I have to start the roundvofvinjection too, try and think of it as another one out the way, know we still have a few more to do but consider us fortunate we are not on a 4x4 chemo that’s how I try and look at it, grateful for a 3x3 know I sound crazy, but try and take anything like that and turn it into a positive 😁😁😁jabs n all. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Maybe buddy but I will be ok it’s day 1 that always gets me xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, sorry you’ve had a bit of a night again with tummy, have you phoned onc clinic to see if they can give you anything else for that? You should have to suffer se’s. It’s so crazy how all our meds differ isn’t it, you’d think there was a standard that we would all be on and then the variations of they need tweaking, just in case anyone needs a big 😁😁😁tatyana has posted an amazing link to a flash mob on the May thread, will really give you a 😁😁😁so wanted you all to β€˜put on the ritz’ and enjoy it πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Sue, why don't you try hubby, maybe you won't have a meltdown if someone else does it. AND don't look, the anticipation is what gets you.

No I have to mix mine not fridge ones
I do ice area first and once I done the 1st one the rest ok x hubby did offer but I would rather be on my own when I have the inevitable meltdown xx

Wow so maybe Β£500 difference? I have 7 on both FEC and T

Just looked up cost of my gcsf injections. Β£250 for 5 I think.

T3 day 9 and I had a really good sleep last night. Considering I’m drinking 2.5l I didn’t even need a loo break. I awoke naturally, about 7:30 and dozed until 8:00 alarm. I’ve taken my uti nitrofurantoin at the wrong time, oops should be at night not morning, chemo brain. Still, I’m on three antibiotics this week, so should be ok. Temp is good as well, 36.9 both ears, first measurement, so maybe I’ve turned the corner. My eyelashes are itching a lot, is that the beginning of their end?

Sue, are you doing the injection yourself? Get someone else to do it, pinch that inch hard and don’t look. Are you a fridge one, if so at least half hour out of fridge to warm up. I do mine latish afternoon, as advised by bcn.

Reboot, ooh, I don’t get a list of prescriptions in my bag. What’s the Β£800 one called? I suppose co-amoxiclav and fluconazole are so bog standard that they’re relatively cheap. Any idea how much our daily gcsf ones are?
Off for a shower now, and first hair wash of cycle, bit skanky to leave hair this long but needs must. πŸšΏπŸšΏπŸšΏπŸšΏπŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸšΏπŸšΏπŸšΏπŸšΏ

Thanks Rach that makes sense then β™₯️

Ruth, I’m lucky enough to be private. The cost explains why I’m getting one rather than 7 though.

Rach do you know what ccg you are with to get 1 on NHS? β™₯️

Hi Reboot good luck today β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️Yes apparently the single injection is about Β£300 more than the multiple injections.
Ali maybe you should ask for it if you still get the pains this round? I think the SEs aren't supposed to be as prolonged? XX

Morning ladies - just quickly catching up on this mornings posts - they rack up quickly I love we are so chatty 😍
Karen completely agree with Ali I blame domperidone for why my acid built up so quickly and won't touch them now - I am on cyclizine too.

Sue πŸ€— For your first injection - I dread them sooo much β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— for everyone else. Especially anyone with SEs today XX

Karen don’t over do it x
I admire how much you do
I just manage to clean my house, shop, sleep and cook dinner and if I don’t feel like cooking hubby or son take over even if just to fetch takeaway x

Feet up not get up lol x

Morning ladies!

Well done Sue for getting thru the first injection....hopefully the next one won’t be as bad 😘

Glad you slept ok after your busy day Meesh, try not to do too much at work today tho!

I didn’t have a great night....after being in bed just a couple of hours I woke up with horrible feeling in my stomach, didn’t know what to do with myself....got up and had some pepermint tea and found an IBS tablet so took that which seemed to help so wondering if that’s the way forward!  I think the domperidone made me feel worse so reluctant to take anymore.....supposed to be giving the pub a really good clean today as we’ve got a visit tomorrow so need to get my butt in gear!!

Def in fed up mode....thank you ladies for being there and being so supportive....much love to you all

βœ¨πŸ¦„βœ¨πŸ¦„πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ¦„βœ¨πŸ¦„βœ¨

Thanks rach x
Still in get up position eating toast now though and feeling much better
Then a bath
Then to argos to pick up some new blinds and as it is now inside Sainsbury’s I feel a need for one of those lovely lemon and raspberry tarts πŸ‘x

You’re doing really well Sue, I only have 1 and I hate it!

Morning reboot
How lovely for you mom to stay hope you have a good day xx
Wishing everyone minimal side effects xx

Thank you buddyfan, that sounds promising πŸ™‚ So far just taking it slowly this morning and letting everyone else run round after me (Mum stayed the night to help out), I’ve nibbled on some breakfast and Rich Tea too

Lots of love to you all, I don’t envy the multiple injection ladies, I just have one that’s 24 hours after chemo but according to my bag of prescriptions, that’s Β£800 worth in one so I wonder if it’s a cost thing?

Thanks for the FB adds ladies, lovely to β€œmeet” some of you a little more xx

Thanks shi yes I go to t too next round I always find day 1 the worst but it’s done now
I can’t drrink coffee this round the smell when hot water hits the coffee makes me 🀒 but my daughter bought me an iced coffee which is ok so I sitting in my pj’s still sipping that before I go up and out my big pants on xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue 😘😘the injections are a ball ache, but like meesh says, think of them as extra doctor doing us good and getting those wbc and neutraphils back up to help us fight any nasties. Then again as meesh says go and have a treat, just think those of us going onto t will have 7 jabs to do each round instead of the 5 on fec, whooppeee more jabs, great πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£but if they get wbc up and everything working, I’d take all the time if it keeps me out of casa nhs. Dizzy hope you got back to sleep, meesh have s good day at work, Karana hope your acid tummy is settling a bit lovely, ali good luck for first t tomorrow hope you get on ok 😘😘reeboot well done yesterday 😘😘hope everyone with treatments, appointments go well today and hope se’s ease for everyone, we are getting there ladies, meesh you are doing a fine job keeping that gun at the drivers head 😁😁😁😁keep it there lovely πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

I have done it just can’t get my head around why I find the first one so tough x
Thank you meesh xx

Aaawww Sue, πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— this is so tough on us and when you know you're doing something to yourself that will make you suffer some SEs like pain it does make it difficult. I don't have the injections but at least you know they are doing some good and keeping you on that chemo πŸš‚

Treat yourself to smething nice today once you've done your injection, maybe that will make it more bearable? Sending love and hugs πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β­οΈπŸŒŸπŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„βœ¨β­οΈβ­οΈβœ¨πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸβ­οΈβœ¨πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒŸ

Morning meesh hope you manage a good today after yesterday xx

Morning ladies! Slept Okish, kept waking and then struggled a bit to get up at 6:30. Once I was up though am ok, did my yoga and meditation, had my breakfast now just waiting for my tea to cool down enough to drink. Then will need to dash to have a quick shower and get to work!

Reboot, hope you're feeling ok this morning.

Anyone up for chemo today? Claire-bell are you up this week?

Karen, I hope you're tummy is feeling better this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day with minimal SEs! πŸ¦„βœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸŒˆπŸŒˆβœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’«β­οΈπŸŒˆπŸŒˆ

Morning rach hope you managed to get back to sleep I was awake at the same time but dropped back off until 7.30

But I have woke up this morning in tears as it’s injection day 1 again I know it’s for my own good and it’s not that painful so I don’t understand why I get like this x

Morning, in order to avoid hospital this cycle I’m drinking water like a loon which has the result of needing the loo every 30 seconds. Hoping to get some more πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ€žπŸΌ I hope everyone else slept well xx

Hi reboot, I’m nearly half way through my third Tax cycle because I seem to be opposite to everyone else. I’m T-FEC instead of FEC-T so my next cycle is FEC. I haven’t had horrendous side effects from T. No sickness or contrary πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© . Taste goes off pretty quickly, in first few days. Salted peanuts are great, normally I’m a totally unsalted type of person. My right foot goes sort of numb but I haven’t had sore hands or feet yet. My heart rate does seem higher than my normal 85/90 ish. I’ve been hrt=110 at rest. Also, I’ve had high temp on my left ear but I’m putting that down to poor measuring technique. I can go from 38.3 to 36.9 in subsequent tries. As my right ear is lower than 37.5 I’ve not called in this time. I’m now on the goodie bag co-amoxiclav and fluconazole (for potential thrush) for this middle week. I tire easily and get out of breath and I totally admire you energetic youngsters and all the things you manage to do. I’m doing nothing, apart from avoiding people.

Hope all you new T ladies are ok, how many are about to start?

Hugs to all, night night.
πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ§πŸ§πŸ§πŸ§πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Karen i hated the domperidone and honestly think that made me feel ill. I got cyclizine from my gp and that was much bettet. I only needed one!

Has anyones hair been growing? Mine is and i have a sparse downy covering. My eyebrows are thinning and itchy though.

Hope everyone has a good nights sleep. Good night, God bless xx

Hi reboot yes it's normally dayv3/4 when SE start on T start your Epsom salt baths straight away as the aches set in at the sane time I found them worse at night in bed so a good soak in them just before bed helps out also had cup of hot milk and honey before bed to knock me out as couldn't stand the taste of sweet stuff so hot choc out of question!! Sleep depends was worse for couple of days but nothing you probably already had on fec use cream on your hands to keep them soft and rest when you need too as you can get a little more tired not sure of its the T or just cumulative effects as it's more treatment x I personally found apart from pains I preferred it to the fec!! Just have to learn to pace yourself x

It isn’t nice Mishy...it makes you wonder what our insides actually look like after all this nasty poison that’s being pumped into our bodies!!

I’ve just done the usual of having to cook pizza for the pool team...not sure how many times I’ve just ran up and down the blooming stairs!

Think it must be almost bedtime xxx

Evening everyone Shi I think your right about the fruit I got real acid problems from 1st one was eating a loads of acidic stuff the onion and tomatoes believe it or not do it too my onc put me on stomach tablets but it has never left me since still got it I've got it tonight I feel it right in my mouth too its bloody awful karana so I feel your pain 😝 Meesh I'm pleased the funeral went well today and hope your resting now xx

Reboot, well done on first t session hope you get away with minimal SEs

Karen, I had a bad cycle 2 where I suffered with prolonged acid and nausea (well into week 2) but this cycle have been much better only had acid and really bad nausea on first day (not sure if the omeprazole (antiacid med is the thing that fixed all of it or not). Dizziness has also been slightly better this cycle. So 🀞🏻Next cycle will be better for you.

Glad you’re home safely Meesh and the funeral went as well as it could...you’re prob gonna be very tired tomorrow so take it easy!!

Have felt a bit better this afternoon, have now taken another domperidone!  I also got some wind ease from chemist and thought I’d give that a whirl too....don’t really wanna be constantly taking domperidone!!  Had a mini panic that I’m now gonna feel ill for the rest of the time, I really hope this is just a blip!

OH is off to Leicester to watch footy tomorrow so I need to work for a few hours so hoping I feel better than today!!

Unicorn Hugs to everyone πŸ€—πŸ¦„πŸ€—πŸ¦„πŸ€—πŸ¦„

Good evening ladies, I’m so sorry I’ve been off the radar, I was having a rubbish week and hiding in a ball, then making the most of my good week.

I legged it onto the chemo choo choo πŸš‚ this morning and it powered me through my first Docetaxel, now holding out for side effects to kick in around day 3 apparently.

Did I see some of you are on Facebook? Would love to add, would you dm me your names for me to find please?

Meesh, So Sorry to hear you had a funeral to go to, Sending my best wishes xx

Dizzybrummie I may be picking your Tax brain soon xx

Anyone else riding with me this week?

Lots of love to you all. I’m sorry I don’t always log on at the right times but I’m always thinking about you wonderful wonderful ladies and the magnificent support you offer xx