62350members
328157posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

I’m home now, after having ultrasound and with antibiotics for uti. My urine dip flagged up for all infection markers and it is susceptible to this new antibiotic. The ultrasound of bladder and kidneys showed a very, very full bladder, abnormally so, too big to fit on screen, possibly 2litres! Also showed β€˜debris’. After sending me to loo, it had about 1litre showing that I’m not emptying bladder. They said it could have been creeping up and could be the cause of my uti over last two years. Ha, could also explain my pod. Maybe something good will come out of all this. I’ve got to assess how much I drink and pass and go in tomorrow for an urologist’s apt. Or before, if I’m in pain or stop passing urine. There’s definitely β€˜debris’ in my wee-think clotted blood. (tmi???? Forewarned is forearmed).🎒🚽🎒🚽🎒🚽 Watch that pan ladies.

My bloods showed neutrophils of 34, again THIRYFOUR, so I definitely have spare to share today! πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

Hope everyone had an ok day today, I haven’t caught up with the chats yet. Anyone on that πŸ₯πŸš‚ with me tomorrow?

Ali glad you are home safely x plenty of rest now Hun

I am feeling a bit better Ali thank you x

Ali, glad to hear you're ok . Did you have the drugs all together? I'm having the herceptin on a separate day ?xx

Hi All,.thanks for good wishes for today..first PTH done and dusted. Took 5 and a half hours in total and apart from feeling a bit eashed out and tearful i am fine. Will wait to see how it treats me now x

Sorry to hear you are suffering this round SueW, karen and buddyfan. Hoping you get sorted and Pick up soon.

Sue my optician told me i would need my glasses more and would need an eye test and new ones after treatment has ended .

Xxc

Thanks jelly will send hubby out to shops again lol he will never book a day off at this stage again
Today he has done the shopping, got a new battery on the car and now I sending him late night chemist ha ha
And he has put new blinds up in the bedroom xx

Meesh I am hoping tomorrow to be feeling less of a lazy tree frog and will look for yoga for beginners on you tube as since Friday chemo been very tired this time round x

Thanks Jellytot re tip on eye drops, I might try some of them. 

Ladies, I know I go on about the yoga thing, but I've found that it does help breakdown the scar tissue. πŸ™‚

Sue, I just got optrix dry eyes but am sure you can get a prescription... can't open my eyes without them now !

Thanks reboot I am massaging in e45 so will continue with that it does seem to be helping xx

Jelly did you buy some over the counter ones or get from onco/chemo team ? X
If you bought them what do you use? XX

Good evening ladies x

Sue, I actually asked my nurses those same questions. Apparently it is common for eyes to change slightly during chemo, some people get new glasses for the time (seems a little extreme) but they will go back to normal. I struggle with my phone screen in this first week post chemo, though it isn’t as bad (so far) on the T.
My scar tissue is also more sensitive, I’ve really noticed it, and have been told to keep massaging it to try to break it down further.

Buddyfan, hope they’re looking after you well x

Lots of love to everyone x

Thanks shi xx
Ps Greg Wallace better looking than Anne Robinson 🀣🀣 x and not so scary

Hi Sue yes my eyes are suffering , I mentioned it at last chemo and they said it's normal. I use eyedrops daily now and need my glasses more than normal. Also my scar tissue is very tender and has been for a while ,guess it's the fast growing cells that chemo targets. My fingers are now peeling and ripping around the cuticles and my nails are discoloured and lumpy even before t...it's just a new joy everyday lol!
Hugs ladies xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, yep scar tissue agitation is se from chemo, mention to onc team as only listvof thing to keep check that’s one of them. Hope that helps lovely 😘😘shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁😁well as I pointed out to oh, they were the ones that suited me the most, I did try others in too, just the gucci ones looked the nicest in me. I’m currently channelling a bit of a Greg Wallace look, but hope to progress to Anne Robinson when hair comes back πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Sorry here I am again full of questions today does scar tissue seem more sensitive after chemo too not really bad just as if nerve ends have been agitated? X

Ha ha mine are Sophia Lauren ones x hubby moaned at them at Β£200
Gucci sounds great πŸ‘ x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep been needing reading glasses more since starting chemo. I only had to get glasses earlier this year and sue you’ll laugh, I had my princess paddy and wanted the gucci frames which my darling oh lovingly purchased for me. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Glad I asked as although I don’t like to hear your suffering with eyes too at least I know it’s normalish and I can get something for it x πŸ‘
Thank you lovely ladies xxx

My eyes have felt sore the last couple of days like they're over tired I wonder if that's dry eyes too. I might mention that when I go for chemo next week. I had wle my bc was grade 2 stage 1 no nodes involved. I think I had quite a bit of dcis so maybe that's why I'm getting the extra rads.

Thanks ladies xx will mention when I go Monday as got a line flush with onco nurses xx

I started with out of focus problems and blurry feeling also eyes can feel quite tired mention to your oncs when you see them, isn't chemo the gift that won't stop giving!!!!

I struggle with refocusing my eyes from short to long but I’m other than that. Maybe that’s a dry eye thing.

Oh and yeah re rada I had WLE and not a full axillary clearance so the rads there are to do what a clearance would have done!! The boosters are because of grade, Dcis, size, TN and my age 😨

Sue thanks, yeah my eyes are def more strained since doing chemo, I'm blind as a bat without my reading glasses I think it's due to the dryness etc you may need those drops I mentioned, yeah with rads it's like the ops and chemo we are all slightly different it's tailored made for us but we will all get what we need x

Mishy hope your mom is on the mend x

I been told 15 rads but had cancer in 5 of 12 nodes but have had axillary clearance op as well as wle already x

Meesh I will save that for tomorrow marmite and peanut butter lol won’t knock it until I’ve tried it xx

Quick question I had laser every surgery years ago and haven’t wore glasses for years until about 12 months ago when through naturally changing eyes just need them for very small print but the first week after chemo I need to wear them more for reading on my phone etc but goes ok again after week 1 has anyone else noticed this of course it is probably just overtired eyes when I can’t sleep because of steroids but just wondering x

Sorry about the Geordie slang slopping in there I meant blokes Karen!!!
Ruth hope you OK now and the water and Gas board choose their times it's only one of the coldest nights of the year coming too 😨😨😨

Hey just catching up on posts as I gave been staying at my mams she has had vertigo and I was worried about her being in her own as she is disabled
well as always you lot have been very busy!! Good luck with first T ladies! Karen hunny I think your onc would go mad with you working to hard I think you need some help so you can rest a bit those gadgies in your pub should be ashamed of themselves letting you run around after them I would be plonking their food on the bar and let them get off their lazy arses and collect their food 😠 and yes oh we should pump them full of the stuff and see how they get on 😨😷
Shi don't get yourself in a panic about the rads hunny, us TN have that in common but we are all getting different amounts boosters etc for different reasons I was node positive with vascular invasion and a macrometes in my node of 19mm I also had an area of high grade dcis surrounding the lump which was grade 3 so that coupled with TN meant that I have to have boob and axilla rads with boosters to site of cancer 😝 get yourself through your chemo first Shi don't think about the rads til you have to πŸ˜ŠπŸ¦„

Hello ladies!

Sue, Karen yes I did mean marmite and peanut butter together you should try it πŸ˜‹

Just been for appointment with onco, they were running about 20 minutes late and then the appointment itself was a bit of a waste of time really ☹️ I think it's just a tick box exercise to say they've seen me halfway through. I've decided that she is just admin and that the onco nurses are the ones with the power but probably get paid a fraction if the salary. As she only seems interested in paperwork.  I told her about feeling increasingly sick on chemo day she said there's nothing that can be done and to speak to onco nurse they'll provide more tablets. I told her about the dizziness and nope there's nothing to be done about that either. However, what she did say was this "as you've done so well with chemo and because you are young we're going to offer you 5 more booster rads so you'll get 20 instead of 15. Is this something you'd like to agree to?"  πŸ˜³She made it sound like some sort of prize for doing well!  Wish I wasn't doing so bloody well now! Don't seem to be able to win! It sounds like they're not happy that they've broken my body sufficiently enough so they'll add some more rads to take care of that! On the positive side I guess it means they're happy with how I'm doing and that I m getting everything possible to kick this thing once and for all. I think it was just the way she delivered it! Sorry rant over now. 

Buddyfan, hope all your test results come back ok!

Karen, my OH just made his side of the bed this morning despite me getting up 40mins before him! 😑He goes through a stage of this every now and again not sure why. Oh and he cleaned the shower and basin yesterday but not the bath or toilet, who knows what goes on in his head sometimes. I'm nit complaining though as at least he done some of it.

hope you're all having a good day! I better get back to work now! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddy fan, hope tests come back clear for you and you can go home, it’s best to get everything checked out to make sure everything ok, that’s the thing with uti, they sneak up on you. ❀️❀️Shi xx

Bloods have been taken, temp is good. I'm waiting for an ultrasound of kidney/bladder. If that doesn't show anything it'll be a CT scan. I've been asked about kidney stones, which I've never had.

Sitting comfortably in the oncology unit. Daren't ask if there are any beds. I'm day 10 so I'd like to hope to at least get a side ward.
πŸ›ŒπŸ˜·πŸŽ’πŸ’ŠπŸ₯

OH has gone off to buy long johns. Unheard of, for him to go clothes shopping!

I’d blame him too Sue, I want to go to shops but waiting for docs to call back!!xx

Hubby did use car Saturday so I blame him lol x

Karen a spoonful of marmite sounds lovely in gravy for dinner not done that x

His dinner would be in the dog 🐢
My hubby off today sent him out with shopping list and bloody car won’t start I haven’t used it since last Thursday not felt up to driving but breakdown service been it's going now and sent hubby to Now gets new battery for car as part of shopping list xx

Shi I just ignored him...done the usual of turning light on 😱 I’m now waiting for docs to call me back, OH wanted to know why I’d called them!! He amazes me sometimes lol!!!

How long is your water gonna be off for?

I’m gonna attempt to cook a roast dinner today, I always add marmite to my gravy!!

😘😘😘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks sue, the waterboard dropped bottled water off to me 😘😘sent Mum out to pick me a load of ready meals to keep me going too, not the healthiest but if I can’t wash up, needs must and all that. Karana did you have to bra twang oh last night or did he behave when he got back. You my lady are a saint you really are. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Shi hope you got enough liquids to keep your fluids up x

I have loads of marmite accessories cruet set mugs pots toast rack lol never used just looks nice I even have earrings someone bought me

I usually put a couple of table spoons in about half hour before serving x
Marmite cheese pasta is lovely I got recipe books x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, yep this bleep take if a year just keeps on taking the bleep a bit more, but it’s not going to get me down as i’ll Just book into a hotel and bill the waterboard back πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Lesley on Nov thread has got a wig from simply wigs, going to check it out now, can’t beat a bit of wig shopping to brighten up the day πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Ooh Sue stews hadn't thought of that! I have used it in bread and biscuit recipes but not stews. When do you add it in?

Ruth
Do you just eat marmite on things ? I use it in stews and all sorts too x

Karen I am hoping meesh doesn’t meant together lol it sounds weird x
So glad your getting to soen time with your sister x I am fortunate that my sister is local and an absolute rock x
Cassie poor Alfie hope he don’t sulk too long

Shi what a pain in the ass

Tomorrow gas board have got to turn off the gas as pipes bring replaced outside but they knocked on doors to notify us and identified me as vulnerable (never been bloody vulnerable in my life) to cold snd they are bringing me heaters and offered hot plates but don’t need hot plates as got slow cooker, and soup maker and electric pressure cooker and most importantly just eat app ha ha ha x

Back from vets. Dog is suitably annoyed with me and is sat on the other sofa instead of his usual spot in my lap.

Hope all is well buddy let us know how you get on. I hope everyone else is doing ok.

πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸ¦„
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning everyone, Ruth sorry to hear you e ended up with more injections 🀨🀨🀨Sue well done with injection 2 😘😘woke up this morning to no water, turns out there is a burst main. So ladies contact your water suppliers let them know you are chemo so they can put you on a vulnerable list so you get warning from your water board that water is getting switched off and they should bring you bottled water to your house. Mmmm this year is really taking the bleep. Good luck with treatments and appointments and se’s everyone. Much loveβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Good luck today Ali and Buddy hope everything’s ok!

Marmite and cheese is one of my favs not sure about marmite and peanut butter tho!!

I slept really well although got woken when OH got home (1.30am!). We were then woken up at 815 by surveyor that was supposed to be here at 915...not started on a good note with OH...I’m hiding upstairs and keeping well away!!

Gonna try sort something with my sister but prob won’t be TIL after Xmas now, she’s a single parent with 3 boys and the youngest is only 10 so quite diff for her to get away...she has been really good and has managed to visit me twice already since I’ve started treatment!  She’s gonna drive here on Xmas day as boys spending time with their dad, so after they have been picked up she’s coming here, works quite well as we open 12-3 Xmas day so don’t have dinner until about 430! She’s also a brilliant bar maid, just a shame she’s not any closer ☹️ 

βœ¨πŸ¦„βœ¨πŸ¦„

Hope everything is ok buddy β™₯️β™₯️

Marmite was my saviour on round 1 as it was the first thing I could taste but couldn't eat it at all round 2 will have to see what round 3 brings!