Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Meesh I don’t feel ill temperature okay but now started sneezing 🤧 grrr
Just hope when I go tomorrow chemo can still go ahead xx

Lesley

Just a thought but would think your onco team would say if it was infused with alcohol as what if someone had issues around alcohol and they must know some people dtivevto their appointments x

Karen, Sue howre you both feeling this morning? Hope your not suffering too much with your colds and coughs. Karen, do keep an eye on that temp 🌡Try and take it easy today and keep yourself warm. Could you stay with your folks for a couple of days to get some tlc and to keep warm? A drafty flat when you have a cold is probably not a good combination! ⭐️🌈🦄🌟🌟🦄⭐️⭐️🌈🌟✨💫✨🦄🌈⭐️⭐️🦄🌟✨💫

Morning all
I start t tomorrow so will ask when I go x when are you up Lesley hopefully it will be after tomorrow so you know I’m advance x
Meesh hope you have a good day at work

How is everyone? Xx
Sending positive vibes for a day without side effects xx

Lesley, I'm not on t so can't answer your question sorry, fec for me all the way!

Morning ladies! Hope everyone slept well, Runnerbean looks like you were up in early hours.

I had initial mammogram, biopsy and ultrasound, then op. Since then I had a heart echocardiogram and ultrasound type thing prior to chemo as fec can also affect the heart I think. Not had anything else, my nodes were clear s maybe that's why.

I also suffered with a dry nose last cycle and had a bit of blood but no real nose bleed. I stuck some coconut oil up there which seemed to do the trick.

Working again today, need to make up for the 2 hours I was at the hospital yesterday. Going to see the Druid later for my reiki😊 Rash is looking marginally better so going to carry on with the cream and antihistamine today and see what happens.

Hope you've all got good days planned. 😊

Morning ladies, just popping in from Nov with a question for you ..... I’ve just read that Docetaxal is sometime infused using an alcohol based infusion and therefore you could be over the limit to drive ???!!! I normally drive myself to my treatments ..... have any of you been told this? Felt an effect?
This might be a load of hog wash!! Dr Goggle!

Thanks for your help! Xx

Hi reeboot, I have had a couple of nosebleeds since starting T. Not bad and they stop after a few minutes but I have been told this is a normal side effect. Regards scans I also haven’t had anything other than the initial mammogram and ultrasound. I was told this was because my nodes were clear, had there been anything in my nodes they would have done further body scans to check if it had spread else where xx
Highlighted

Hi Reboot, i had 1st T 2 weels ago and i havent had nosenleds but have had a very dry nose and there is blood whenever i blow it. Other people on the forum have had nose bleeds.

I have my original mammogram, then a deeper mammogram followed by biopsies. After diagnosis i had an ultrasound to check lymph nodes, a ct scan and bone scan to check for any spread - they were clear Thank God x

Since starting treatment i have had 2 heart scans - as i am having Herceptin which can affect the heart - and an ultrasound to check for response to chemo.

I dont know why some of us get more scans than others.

Xxx

Buddy, my hair loss started in the third week after my first FEC. I went down to a grade 5 in the first week after my second cycle x

Good evening ladies x

I hope everyone’s rashes and coughs are improving and SEs are treating you kindly.

I have two quick questions this evening.

1. Ladies on T/ finished T - did you suffer with nose bleeds at all? I’m getting one every other day pretty much.

2. Did anyone not have additional body scans/checks? I had my original diagnosis ultrasound, biopsy and mammogram, but I haven’t had any other scans or checks anywhere else and it seems as though everyone else has?

Thank you lovely ladies, sending lots of love xxx

I was so excited to see Santa I heard him coming from the bottom of the road so by the time he got by mine i had my hat and coat on so I could stand on the drive and wave 

hair loss for me cycle 1 lost lady hair 

cycle 2 .. day 4 hair started to shed and was bald by day 6 so once it started to go it was rapid but my hair was shaved to number 2 so no long bits hanging on

Wishing evryone a restful night xxx

Hope your cold gets better soon Karen, keep a close eye on your temperature, remember too low is also an issue x

My hair started coming loose around day 17 didn’t go properly until a couple of weeks after cycle 2

Evening ladies....sorry thought I posted earlier but didn’t work!!

managed to get some shopping done although kept having to blow my nose and take my hat off!!  Not feeling too bad so think it’s just a common cold but keeping an eye on my temp!  Feel a bit shivery now but I think it’s just because I’m cold....now in bed with heated blanket on!!

Meesh hope the rash eases and you don’t need antibiotics 😱

Sue...hope ur cough improves and you gave Santa a big wave from us all!!

I now can’t remember what’s happening with everyone else....bloody stupid chemo brain 😱😱🤣🤣

Love to you all anyway 😘😘😘

xxxxx

Sue, lucky you I haven't seen a santa like hat since I was a kid!

Buddy, I think hair loss can be anywhere from day 14 to 21. I saw mine start on hairwash on day 21 of first cycle and then during first week of second cycle. Since then it's been hair wash on day 14 that I've seen the most hairloss.

Sue, I used to love when Santa came round :-)

Hi Buddy, if you’re just switching to FEC, hair doesn’t start to come out until really late in the cycle. I think I’d got to say 18 or 19.

i wanted to share this happy pic .... Santa just been down my road xxxxsanta.jpg

Bit wacked out now! 💩 still ok though and only one more ondansetron to go. Right foot is already feeling the numbness. When does hair start falling out?

Jelly, I stashed some of my 👻👻👻 in the secret box. Get back on that 🚂. Good Luck tomorrow. Do you get GCSF jabs to take? If not, ask if you can. My 👻👻 were 34 after the jabs, back down to 4.1 by bloods time. 🎇✨🦄🦄🐧🐧🦄🦄✨🎇 You've got a penguin in there, that'll do it.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Right then 👨‍✈️🚂is taking the fec I get t now, meesh I’ve got to the secret secret stash that you and I know about so on the way with 🥊🥊🥊🥊🏑🏑🏑🏑🥌🥌🥌🥌🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🎳🎳🎳🎳🔫🔫🔫🔫💣💣💣💣💣grab what you can girls the driver needs reminding we get each other through safely 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Dancing for you Jellytot to get that blood count up 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻🌈✨⭐️⭐️🌈🦄🦄✨⭐️💫💫🌟🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃💃🕺🏻👯‍♂️👯💃🕺🏻💃👯‍♂️👯💃🕺🏻🚶🏼‍♀️👯

Crikey Jelly, best dancing to get those bloods up in time for Friday 💃🏼🕺🏻💖

Bloody hell jelly how frustrating xx fingers crossed for them going up before Friday x

Ffs, just getting over uti now my pre chemo bloods have come back( Neuts 0.6). They want to delay things, but have another blood test tomorrow so fingers crossed I'm still on the train,as they can pick up quickly.
Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Ha ha ha just got back from hospital and as usual you crazy lot have made me laugh xx

Spoke to them about my cough they don’t seem thebleasy but concerned I think it might just be s tickle throat as honey and lemon helped x

Meesh hope rash clears up quickly

Rach nearly time for us to jump back on board along with jelly tot

Ali I go to t on Friday yes Nails painted black ready hope you doingbok and big thanks for update so we know what to expect

Cassie hope you managed a nap

Karen get well soon

Chaffinch buddy shi Ruth fairy 👍👍 hugs to you all hope I not missed anyone xx

Can’t wait to meet you crazy ladies in real life xx

And now Meesh is at it too, thankfully I managed to swallow my coffee without spitting it all over the place!

Shi, you make me 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣apparently the tai chi you do in the park can be used as a martial art if you speed it up (according to OH). I reckon you should try it out on the 👨🏻‍✈️

Not sure about joggers it sounds like we'll all be burning our bras and running around with our tits hanging low for rads! 😳😮😮

Shi, you always make me laugh! I’ve not started my hat as I’m trying to finish a shawl for my mom for Christmas. I started it for last Christmas 😳
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😂😂🤣😂🤣meesh I did the tai chi for relaxation and meditation, not to kick ass with, you know like you see them all doing in the parks in the mornings in Asia 😘😘😘just keep eye on things you did right getting it checked over just to be sure darling and it’ll stop me clicking. Sue and Karana hope you are both feeling bit better too 😘😘😘dizzy, you’ve always been the sane one on our 🚂 lovely a voice of calm and reason and a steady hand for us all when we start getting 🤪🤪🤪🤪thank you 😘😘😘glad you’ve been getting things done and managed work. Have you managed to get that other hat started you were planning on doing? Looking forward to seeing photo ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨meesh, whole 🚂got the gold hot pants on till we are through chemo, so everyone can get into the meesh emergency box at the back of the 🚂we’ll change into some nice joggers for rads, the hotpants will have given us wedges by the time we are through The chemo🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi everyone,

I’m on my good week getting geared up for FEC 4 o. Friday. Trying to finish all of the Christmas shopping before then, being youngest of 5 has its disadvantages sometimes 😁. Managing to work in between cycles is helping me stay sane.

Meesh, I’ve got a rash on the backs of my hands, had if first cycle too. It starts as needle like sensations and then turns to the rash. Mentioned it to onc on Monday and he said ‘yeah, use antihistamines’ and that was it.

I hope you ladies that have switched treatments are all ok and those not changing, eve got this and we know what’s coming ✨💖🦄

Rach x

The doctor was a bit flummoxed by my rash. It is more or less just on my boobs 😮😮😮she had a prod and a poke of both boobs, pulled some 🤔😶😕faces and then gave me a 5 day course of antibiotics, antibiotic cream and some antihistamines. I'm a bit reluctant to take the antibiotics as all bloods and obs were ok. So I've decided to use the cream today and take an antihistamine and see how it looks tomorrow. If it's still there tomorrow I'll start the tablets. I still think it's probably heat related and may go of its own accord. Good to get it checked though.

cassie, could you use some of that deep freeze stuff that athletes use on your feet before bed? Don't know if that would react with any other meds but is usually for muscles aches but being cool might cool your feet.

Shi, perhaps you can use your tai chi 🥋🥋to sort the 🚂 👨🏻‍✈️ out! There's a cupboard full of 🔫🔫🔫🔪🔪🔪⚔️⚔️⚔️🏹🏹🏹at the back if the 🚂 for emergencies. Only someone in gold hot pants doing a Wonder Woman twirl can access it 🌟💫🌟💫🌟⭐️✨⭐️✨⭐️🌈🦄🌈🦄

Shi I think 🚂👮‍♂️got bored as he seems to have a break until Friday. I'll string my bow and get him sorted.
Just eating some pineapple as tastes fairly normal and is suppose to help furry mouth.
Good tip fairydust. Might try that or a cold wet towel or something. Knowing me I'd get up in the night and knock the water over.

Oh dear, I do hope that the rash doesn't spread Meesh. Glad you're having it checked out and hope it will be as ok as can be.

Cassie, maybe a bowl of tepid water by your bed to put your feet into when they get too hot will help?

I get very very hot flushes where my clothes get soaked in sweat, and a cool water wash helps....most of the time!!

All the best.

Fairydust x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh hope rash soothes down and that everything comes back ok darling, cassie we need to nip off the roof and give the 🚂drivers nose a poke with your bow and arrow and meesh is one of the back up guns in meesh’s special don’t mess with me box that you put at the back of the train for moments like this? I’ll grab it and see you up there in a minute to 🔫🔫🔫Karana you too you need to 🤜🤜🤜something might as well be the driver rather than your oh. 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi all. Well I just could not sleep last night. A combination of some pain, hot feet and stuff going round in my head meant I was awake all night. Feeling less than perky today.
Pain is less today more of a dull ache so manageable. Mouth feels yucky and can't taste much. Have fluconazole, difflam and corsodyl so hoping to keep on top of it.
Shi I had tightness in my right arm which had 2 lots of FEC go through. Now tho it's completely gone.
Ali I'm finding nights worse it's not too bad in the day but at night my feet are fire. Kept going for a walk round the ensuite last night to cool down. It must be awful to have this in a hot summer.
Sorry to hear about your rash Meesh hope it settles down. Buddyfan glad to hear you're coping ok on FEC.
Have a good day everyone x

Sorry to hear about the rash Meesh, hopefully it will sort itself out over the next few days x
Glad to hear that you are doing ok on FEC buddyfan x

Hi All,
Meezh sorry to hear about your rash. Hope they get you sorted.

Sie and karen are you both on T now? Whrn did you have ypur last treatmrnt?

Cassie, i had the hot hands and feet. It is caused by the drugs goi g to the capilliaroes in the palms of your hands and souls of your feet. Any friction at all makes it worse. Wear soft slippers or focks in the house. Dont stand or walk for too long. Dont rub or massage hands and feet but do moisturose them by putting cream on with light touch. Dont chop vegetables or anything as the frction of the knife also causes the drugs to go to capilliaries. Dont wearcrubber gloves as it also blocks air to hands. The cool tiles will feel.lovely. i wrapped 2 cool blocks in tea towels and sat with them under my feet then hwld them in my hands. It did pass after a few days. Night were hard as feet got very hot in bed xxx

Shi, FEC ok so far. Taste is slightly off but not as bad as T. Bit flushed but no sickness and 💩 ok. I do get out of breathe easily, but I am also very unfit.

Just seen the doctor, she's none the wiser to what the rash is! White blood count was ok, they are still waiting for some of the other blood results. Now waiting for prescription for antiobiotics and cream. 😕
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks buddy. How are you getting on with the fec lovely 😘😘😘we just have to take it a day at a time. Mrs rims hope you are still keeping track of thread and don’t forget to jump back on from booking hall when you do the rads darling 😘😘sue yep good recipe that and hope it soothes the cough. Ali how are you doing and is your next t next week now? 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

T ladies don't forget your nails. T can hit nails hard. I'm keeping mine short and oiling twice a day with Boots Almond Oil, it's really cheap. Ask the pharmacy, they seem to keep it behind the desk. I landed up ordering online and picking up at local boots. 💅💅

Karen hope you feel better soon

I just warmed some honey and lemonade and put in a couple of slices of lemon my mom swears by old fashioned remedies x

Took a spoon of cough syrup certainly helped but will still tell them about it x

Shi that’s good news that your veins ache less

My hubby in spare bed but that’s because I am awake loads in the night and kept disturbing him he has to leave at 6.30 for work so goes to bed about 9 besides I love the room ha ha xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue hope that cough clears up, best to mention it when you go, just to be safe, you too Karana with a cold you need to be super vigilant, sorry to fuss and cluck ladies, my concern is for everyone to get through safely and better to make a fuss than not. Sam, 😘😘😘you’ll be fine I keep hearing how they do these kidney and liver tests as routine and when I was in casa nhs That 1st round I didn’t even know they’d been keeping eye on my liver and kidneys too. Cassie how you getting on with the t darling? My chemo arm isn’t as tight so the t a lot kinder to veins for sure. Dizzy are you ok lovely? Ruth sorry you will miss dd’s play, can someone video it for you so you can watch at home? Just a thought. Meesh, you’ll love tai chi, I did a bit of that a very long time ago and it’s great. I’m fact that’s something I can look at too once through this and the rads. I’m also thinking of taking up dancing classes again too. I’d love for us all to do that walk through the night in London next year, we could get some tshirt printed and help raise awareness for all our different types of bc’s. 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Sue, stupid chemo brain, I keep thinking it's Thursday today! Karen how annoying to get a cold, hope you enjoy your Xmas shopping. Take it easy and try not to do too much. OH definitely needs a poke in the eye!

Ive just had a shower and noticed a rash across my chest and just under my boobs 😳😳😳😱😱😱Called the chemo team and they want to see me for bloods and to check it out. OH has just popped out with the car so will have to wait for him to get back 🙄I think it might be heat rash from all the hot flushes as temp was fine and I feel ok. They didn't seem too worried, better to be safe than sorry though eh?

FEC day 3 and I’m ok so far. No sickness, 💩 ok. My back plays me up around the fractured point. I still haven’t finished the 🎄 decorations. I can do a little then lay back on my recliner for a while. Our unit only does FEC-T for p
herception ladies, most are T-FEC like me. I wonder if it’s because it makes the SE more tolerable. OH was up until 3am, so I won’t be taking a cuppa up to spare room for a while. Spare room really works, I had to get up for loo but got straight back to sleep, if OH is there I only doze I think.

Sam, good luck with ultrasound. Hopefully they’ll be able to give results there and then. Any waiting is horrible.

Ffs Karen, if only OH could be going through what you’re enduring. Can’t you get his friends to remind him that SE are cumulative and get worse each chemo. 🗡🤛🐟

Morning ladies, didn’t sleep too badly but have def woke up with a cough and cold 😱 gonna get in the bath and wrap up and go and do a little Xmas shopping still tho as I don’t feel ill it’s just annoying!! OH was do his annoying bit of moaning coz I’m not doing much work.....I think I may have to go from slapping him with wet 🐟 to poking hi. In the eye with a red hot needle!!! 

I dont think it helps having  a runny nose wen u have no nose hair either ☹️

Hope they say say you’re ok when u have ur bloods this morning Sue...has the ice and snow gone your way yet?

Meesh, my OH got in spare bed as I was restless apparently....lucky me!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok 

💃✨💃✨💃✨💃✨