cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Sue 🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻🛎🛎🛎🛎great photos and brilliant t-shirts, whooop whoop 😁😁clairebell meesh put the club Tropicana on so meesh picked the great tune for us 😁😁😁😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Thank so for your lovely messages everyone. Funeral is going to be in half term so we will all go over to Germany then.
Meesh I have one more chemo in 1st Feb then 15 days of rads starting Feb 22.
Jellytot and Sue congrats! What a great day for you hope next couple of weeks are kind and you soon start to feel back to your normal selves
Buddy - I really fancied coming to your music fest but that's the day we fly away in holiday! Will be sorry to miss it but Portugal will be calling to me.
Shi I love Club Tropicana too Smiley Happy
Really up for some dancing soon!
Got such an itchy head - I'm sure my hairs trying to come through! Yay! Xx

Well done jelly tot and Sue....great pictures....now rest up and enjoy the fact you haven’t gotta do that again!!!

xxxxx

didnt ring bell in private didnt want to risk getting Gemma into trouble (she is the one on the left) 

lots of hugs and cheering xx  sorry not sure why tshirts are sideways 

IMG_2882.JPG IMG_2854.JPGIMG_2855.JPG

I mentioned our very mini little music festival a while back. This year it will be on 21st July spilling over to 22nd if you want to camp. We are in South West Norfolk. If you are interested, pm me with email address for rest of details. 🎇🎷🎸🎹🥁🎇

Sue, Jellytot, wahoo you're both done 🛎🛎🛎🛎🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎊🎊🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃Now come and relax with us in post chemo 🚂 carriage!

Great pic Jellytot! Loving that wig you look fab!

Sue enjoy pub!

Sue, we could have chatted at 3am last night. OH slept in our bed so I don’t know if that hindered sleep. Awake again at and since 6am. Good luck today, and Jencat.

Clairebell, what a horrible time you’ve had. We’re all here to support you ❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗

Jellycat, brilliant photo, you look great. Really embracing the day.🎉🎇🎉🎇🎗🎇🎉🎇🎉

Great pic Jelly tot, loving the wig and coordinating cardigan 😊🎉🎉🔔🔔. Well done x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jellytot 🎉🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏👏👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎👍👍👍yehhhh well done, fabulous wig and were those a pair of 😎in your hand ready for rads Sunbed? 😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Ding a ling ding ! Thanks lovely ladies for supporting me to this point!  Just 6 months of Hercepton and a Mx with Diep recon to go woo hoo! xx

Highlighted

chemo bell.jpg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🎉🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍👍🛎🛎🛎🛎👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤yehh sue, well done, enjoy pub 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Enjoy catching up with your nephew Mishy!

Fairydust x

Well done Sue. Did you ring the private 🔔? X

Out now at the pub with s glass of pink x
Will post photo when on computer xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh 😁😁always up for a bit of club Tropicana by wham 🏖🏖🍹🍹😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Shi, how about a bit if whams club Tropicana to get us in the mood for ☀️☀️☀️☀️Rads!

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes meesh shares in 😎😎😎and moisturiser for rads, just got s bit of Sabrina’s boys tune from 1988 in the rads carriage at the moment to get us in the ☀️☀️☀️Mood ready for Sunbed’s 😁😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Meesh OH did go to radiotherapy dept on Wed while I was in chemo and they said I shld hear def dates in next few days so if not heard by mon I will call!xxx

My nephew who i haven't seen in 2 years he lives in Spain is coming to visit today can't wait to see him!!!!!

Claire Bell losing my dad to cancer during my own treatment made me super anxious about my own situation it has def left its mark on me as you have sadly too had to experience i my kids had the exact reaction stay positive and i promise it will vet easier for you all xxxxx

Claire-Bell, sorry to hear of you family loss. We had a tough time in November thinking that we might lose my dad and OH’s mum, thankfully they are both still with us but for how much longer we don’t know. The strain it put on my husband was awful because his dad was also ill and very unwilling to have his wife out of hospital because he couldn’t cope and there was very little we could do to practically help.
Sending 💕and 💪to you and your family x
Good luck today Sue and Jelly Tot and anyone else that I’ve missed. Ring that 🔔either in reality or virtually and 💃 out of there with your heads held high x
Not a bad night for me, woke a few times but couldn’t be bothered getting up to wee so was desperate by 7:30 sleep was more important. Steroid cheeks are up and glowing after being as white as a sheet yesterday until the evening!
Hope you make lunch Karen, I loved Jamie’s when we had one but ours closed with his restructuring 😞
Hope you have a better day Ali and glad that parents evening went well x
Best wishes all for a good day x

Claire Bell so sorry for your loss been where you are recently during treatment is really difficult to cope with the loss of a parent so sending you 💖 and 💪 to get you and your OH through this really sad time 💖

Claire, sorry to hear about your fil, sending you 😘😘🤗🤗 it  must be very difficult for you and your family especially with your treatment still ongoing, did you manage to finish chemo or was it delayed?

Ali, hope you manage to avoid the acne rash and you can get out and enjoy the nice day. Weather looks nice here at the moment sunny but frosty and cold.

Shi, I'll make sure to sell those shares! Are we now buying shares in moisturiser and sunglasses instead? 😉

Karen, if you phone up the N&N they'll tell you when your planning session is and when you start.

looking forward to those photos Sue and Jellytot and hearing that you're all done and home safe &sound 😘😘🤗🤗

Claire-bell so sorry to hear of your loss and can only imagine the affect on your whole family. Look after each other 🤗🤗🤗♥️💕

Good luck today Sue and jelly tot 💕💕♥️♥️🕺🕺👅🐧🦄👊🐼👠👠

Whoops! Sorry! I’ll blame chemo fog 🙈 Jellytot, not Jencat! 🙈🙈🙈

So sorry to hear that Claire Bell, you will get your strength back but sending love and hugs until then xx

Ali sent pm x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue and jencat, you can click those ruby slippers 👠today last visit to chemo wizard 😁😁😁ali darling some 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻🕺💃🏻🕺do you don’t get delayed too long 😘😘Ruthie baby we’ll done 👍👍👍yesterday. Clairebell, so sorry to hear about your fil 😘it does make you wobble but also makes you thankful to still be alive and fighting and on here 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻🕺💃🏻For survival 😘😘yep there are a few of us starting rads in Feb 😎😎and we’ve still got ladies to get through ops too, till everyone is through safely we are all on 🚂just moving about the carriages and roof till then 😁😁😁. Meesh I don’t know how I am going to feel when I no longer have to do my bum buttering ritual after all these months, sudocream, anosol and boxes of plastic glove will take a nosedive, time to sell the shares in those products then 😁😁😁on the plus side i’ll Be able to help the high street proper again 🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Morning ladies, had a bit of a restless night but slept a little so can’t complain, OH has kicked me out of bed for being a fidget bum!!

Claire-bell what a horrible few weeks for you to have to go thru...this journey brings enough to deal with, live can be so cruel and you are gonna feel a bit wobbly I. This sort of situation...sending you lots of love 💖 and hugs 🤗 look forward to those dancing days...they will come!! My rads start sometime during week of 19 Feb...haven’t had exact day or time yet, I’ve got 15 sessions then 5 boosters! I’m sure they are going to be a lot easier to deal with than chemo!!

Ali...the acid reflux is always bad that first night but then settles as long as I take the lanzaprosole each day....I’ve ticked that night off my list tho as won’t be dealing with that again!! Each day is making me feel more positive!!

Sue sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well again but today is your last one whoop whoop....look forward to seeing your tshirt 😊 and jellytot go dig that wig and ring that bell 🛎

I’m getting a bit lost now but anyone else I’ve missed hope today goes well!

The support we have for each other is just bloody amazing!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Thanks ladies for all your good wishes

When I posted I hadn’t been to sleep but managed to get about 2 hours

I got my tshirt on ready to go (up at 11.30) just half an hour after jellytot will post pictures later x

Jellytot see you on board xxxx
Didn’t know jencat was up today?

Claire so sorry for your loss thinking of you xx

💕 and 🤗 to all xxxx

Claire Bell so sorry for your loss. It is so hard trying to stay strong for everyone else, trying to stay strong ourselves and especially staying strong for our children.

We just have to remind ourselves that this is life and the hardest part of life is most definitely the loving and losing. We just have to gp through it when we wish we didmt and the pain of loss would go.

You are bound to feel.super emotional Claire but i hope you can all support each other. Also claire go and have a blub tp a friend or some9ne who can just be there for you. To listen and comfort. Lots of love xxc

Didnt make it on yesterday to wish everyone luck sorry! Was awake from 3 with steroids then looked like a blown up tomato all day!! Made it to my sons parents night though and it was amazing!!

Karen the acid is yuk! I have 20mg omeprazole and can take 2 when needed and they seem todo the trick. Thank God. Hope you feel better today xx

Sue that cry will have done you the world of good. Sending you all my good wishes for today. Well done you have done amazingly well xxx

Jencat all good wishes to you today too. We have all come a long way. I was just thinking how scared we were thinking about that first treatment. Well done ch8ck and good luck today xxx

I hope everyones side effects are minimal today. Its going to be cold, fresh and sunny here today. Just the way i like it. I have to remember my suncream though, if i manage to get out, as i am hoping to avoid the acne rash!

I am expecting my steroid crash later though so there will probably be a few tears flowing then. Such an emotional journey!!

First injection today too - the joys - but hey my bloods have been good so.no complaints!

Wishing everyone a good day today. Lots of love xx

Hey girls
I've missed you all and many of the recent posts, but been so caught up with stuff going on here. Sadly Mike's Dad died last night after slowly deteriorating since Christmas. He and his wife live in Germany so Mike has had numerous trips to Germany this year. The onc team agreed I was healthy enough to leave the country and go with him two weeks ago. I'm so glad to have been able to go and say my goodbyes then. I am trying to stay strong for girls but my youngest is naturally very upset and this is her first experience of death. She is worrying I will be next. I know we all believe in our treatments and that we have to make a full recovery but I'm having a wobble right now. Doubts creep in when you're feeling emotionally low don't they.
There needs to be some joy and dancing to look forward to. I'm so looking forward to our meet up. I feel another hill looming first though in the form of Rads. Is anyone else facing that still. Mine start on 22feb
Sending you all positive vibes for days when you don't have enough of your own. Hugs x

Good luck girls up today xx
Have my shocking pink wig at the ready...will post pic later when I ring the bell x

All the best Sue and Jencat! As Meesh says, I’ve got my 🏏 at he ready and some ✂️ too.
Best wishes to everyone else today x

Morning ladies!

Sue, hope you managed to get to sleep 😴 in the end, but take comfort in the knowledge that the end is in sight!

The 🚂 is ready and good to go for you Sue and Jencat! Last chemo for you today, yay! Ok so it's nice and 🌟⭐️✨✨🌟🌟⭐️✨✨🌟and we've added a few 🦄🦄🦄and 🌈🌈🌈for good measure. 👨🏻‍✈️Is trembling in his boots as I've got 🔫🔫on him, Chaffinch has the ⚔️🗡🔪, Shi has the 🏑🏑🏑, Cassie is up top with her 🏹🏹, Buddyfan is there too and has waxed your surfboards, Runnerbean is keeping an eye on the 🐭🐹🐒🐯🦊🦁🐗🐝🐛🦂🦀🐍🦈🐊🐆🐅🐘🦏🦍🐀🐁in the 👨🏻‍✈️👖 and has his 🏀 🏀in the 🗜🗜and Karen is holding back the 👊🐼. Reboot us in the sunbed carriage but is ready to nip in with a 🏏🏏in case we need her! Good luck 🍀🍀girls! Sending 🦄 🦄🦄🦄hugs and 👅🐧👅🐧👅🐧too!

Ali, Ruth, Karen, Chaffinch, Buddyfan hope the SEs are bearable and the steroids are not keeping you awake!😘😘🤗🤗

Shi, hope that botty is behaving and you're beginning to feel a bit more normal 😉😘🤗

Reboot, good luck with the rads today hope that boobie is not feeling 🥓🥓🥓🥓yet!

Fgs wide awake bloody steroids x

Ok crazy warning from the lady who brought you eating kiwi skins 🥝😉
I was listening to a podcast today about hacking your health (from Dave Asprey if you ever follow his work). He is into hacking your mitochondria to make you age better. Anyhow he recommends spraying cold water on your breasts and chest at the end of your shower to keep them young!! He didn't make any connection to BC but I did! One I will be mulling over trying and just thought I would share on our crazy thread 😉😉😉

There are a couple of good links on May thread. One to Cape ongoing chemo (two of them are going on to that) and one on Soy/estrogen.

Snap meesh I got steroid munchies just sent hubby to Tesco for ‘goodies’

He not back yet wonder what I will get xx

Karen, glad you're feeling ok. Not sure what people expect you to look like when you've had 6 chemo sessions. I went from looking white as a sheet on chemo day to bright red the next day with the steroids! Hope you're feeling well enough to go out for your lunch with friends.

Sue, good job the 🥒 did the trick and you got a nice pub dinner in before last chemo tomorrow! 

Ive just sent OH out to Tesco as we are almost out of food 😳Wasn't much on the list though apart from biscuits, crisps and chocolate 😂

Glad you enjoyed it Sue 😊

Cucumber worked just got back from pub had scampi and chips and mushy peas and a hit chocolate x really yummy xx

Hope everyone is ok xx

I was reading a report on chemo brain and they say it can last for years and is a real condition 😱

chaffinch I also feel a lot better today than I did last night...have drank lots of water and eaten little but often and that seems to work for me!  I’ve had a few visitors today too which is nice but they all said I look a bit ill...prob coz I’ve got no eyebrows pencilled in and my eyelashes are almost no existent and my face is very red from steroids!!  One of my friends that popped in is having lunch with her mother in law and her friend who were on holiday in June with us and wld like me to go along too...I’m hoping I feel ok to go as would be nice to see them, and it’s at Jamies Italian 🍝 

Hope everyone is doing ok, enjoy ur meal out Sue 

xxxx

How annoying Buddyfan, as Rach says perhaps you can sell them on.

Sue, don't feel silly for getting emotional it's completely understandable. Hope the 🥒 did the trick for your eyes!

Rach, 3 nights out this week, you party girl! Good to see you making the most of your good week! 

Ruth, good to hear you're back safe and sound, just one more left to go! Hope you're resting up now. 😘😘🤗🤗

Had them done yesterday they say they will call if s problem and no call so guess they ok xx

Buddy, what are the tickets for, maybe you can sell them on.

I’m off to see Alex Horn tonight, wed completely forgotten 😳. Managed to find a babysitter. It’ll be my third night out this week. I hope I’m not sat next to any one that’s germy!

Glad you’re feeling better Liz.

Sue, when do you know if you’re bloods are ok for tomorrow?

Ruth, glad you’re back home, take it easy.

Rach x

How annoying buddy xx

It really is too easy to cry. I just cried because I my stupid chemo brain meant I double booked tickets for a concert and they won't refund them.