62358members
328208posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Karana I tried on the M&S vests yesterday and even going up a size it was a fight to get them on. Fine once in but don’t think I could have done it if my skin was sore. After reading Ali’s post glad I didn’t buy from there only looked because I have a gift card still from Christmas. Hope SE are treating us all kindly and you all enjoy your weekend. I had a meltdown yesterday over food, fed up with not being able to eat anything as it tastes bad or of nothing at all. Dinner and tea ended up in the bin yesterday. My husband found my crying over my fish and potatoes and thought something was really wrong don’t think he understood it’s sometimes the small things which get to me xx

Yeah to the soap from lysh wish i coykd show you all how much i now have but stupid bloody phone not letting me upload mine is grey and white!!!

This is a post on FN from a lady who worked in M & S and the reason i wont buy bras from them or support any BC initiatives they have. They are hypocrites!!

I Just wanted to do one last thing before I go to theatre for my operation today.
Cancer is a terrible disease for anyone to be diagnosed with.
I just want to share what I have put on #M&S Facebook and Twitter accounts.
As most you know the money is not the issue for me fortunately, but for some people it is and I am making a stand to fight for their rights and make a giant on the high street more compassionate and accountable.
β€œI am very sad and disappointed to do this today as a loyal customer of 30 yrs and an #employee of M&S On the 15th Sept I was diagnosed with #Cancer and I am facing a hard fight and an operation today 4th Oct. I have taking minimal time of work due to this illness and as my managers know I returned to work after appointments.
On my last day at work (Monday 2nd Oct) and 36 hours before my operation to remove the Cancer I was told by my line manager that I would not be getting paid, I was asked if this would cause me great hardship, shocked I replied NO and asked how my #Sharesave could be paid. I was giving a number to call to arrange for payment to be made by myself.
My husband has been into speak to the store manager #AnnGraham & Operations Manager #EmmaWraith and is currently awaiting a call from the HR director #DavidGuise and will be contacting CEO #SteveRowe.
Please please #M&S don’t sign up to Cancer charities like Macmillan and Breast Cancer when you treat your own people like this. As a female you took my independence away and any financial control over my life away. Cancer has taken any other control I have left away for the time being.
Mark my works I am a fighter and Cancer will not beat me,
If I had to get Cancer then so be it and I believe things happen sometime for a reason and my mission is to ensure that as a company you never sit anyone else down in an office and tell them 36 hrs before their operation you will not pay them, offer them no support give the no occupational help or anything.
I am a very good employee with many customer comments and thank you cards, I always put the customer first and make every moment special for them.
When I return home from surgery and start to feel well I will fight for every M&S employee with Cancer never to be told like I was that in so many words marks and Spencer couldn’t care less.
Please don’t think for one minute I won’t do this because you have put a fire in my belly and I will fight you with everything I have to ensure you change your policy to be compassionate.
My Name is #LaurenSmith I work for M&S #Arnison #Durham. β€œ

Hope you get it sorted Sue...it’s amazing how much we depend on our phones!!

Yes it is Jamie’s Meesh....looking forward to it but after tues disaster with eating out I’m going no to be very careful what I choose!!

OH is denying knowledge that he knew I was going big out....bloody men 😑🀬

somewhere local does battery replacement for Β£20 x 

my sister coming to take me i feel abit jittery to rive think its the steroids xx

Shi, love the belt comment πŸ˜‚I love it when technology puts random words in! 

Claire, sorry to hear your implant us giving you problems, I also only had a lumpectomy so can't offer any help with that. 

Karen, thanks for the link and hope you enjoy your lunch, is that the one at Jamie's? It's difficult fir me to tell if my hair is growing as I kept a lot of my hair through the cold cap but the top and crown are very sparse. I keep checking with a mirror when looking fir flakey bits but can't really see. I asked OH but that was a waste of time as I'm not sure he has a clue! 

Sue, hope you get your phone sorted. It annoys me when phone companies tell you they'll text you when you haven't got a phone 😑

I was was trying to do lockdown this cycle but I think we're heading out for a walk as the weather is lovely here at the moment. Have a lovely day ladies!😊

my dad going to come and get my phone and get a new battery put in just got to wait for phone shop to open before i send him going to call them forst check they got one, 

cant go myself as blooming booked an all day delivery slot on shopping to save a fiver, just my luck they would come whilst i was out and i am home alone so no one ese here to accept delivery TYPICAL  x

Claire sorry ou are stuggling hope they get it sorted quickly xxx

I got my support vest online - can't remember company but was advertised on FB.
The implant is actually too big I think - a cup size bigger than the other one. They won't check it until after radiotherapy but I may have a chat with surgeon next week when I'm in. It moves around oddly and is often lumpy and creased which they warned me about, but it appears to have a corner which sticks out uncomfortably when I wear anything too tight - hence the sports bra issue. Cx

My hair is def growing back, I can actually see a hairline now! It looks very salt & pepper, right dark patches then really white grey 😱 I do think the soap from lush has worked wonders!!

Claire sorry to hear your implant is uncomfortable, do they check that it’s all ok? I only had to had lumpectomy so can’t really help, where did you get your support vest from? Xx

Oooh Karana loved your link!
That's how to carry a fringe...! I have hair envy for her glossy bob! Mine is starting to push through my scalp but it's sooo itchy and prickly and my heads all bumpy...! May take years for it to grow long again! Oh well I've got my wig...!! X
I also bought a support vest and it's more comfortable than any of my sports bras. I'm really missing my underworld bras though and my implant is getting really uncomfortable and lumpy - not happy with it at all!! Cx

Thanks ShiSmiley Happy
Loved random belt comment (I'm not into SandM either but did buy a new Italian leather belt recently!) ...... must stop my urge for online shopping..... bought two jackets and a jumper this week! Wardrobe getting too full! Maybe it's a known SE...... you all seem to have had it too πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

https://youtu.be/JCxIEP21gZM

There we go ladies....it was 1982...can you believe that!  It’s such a good feeling that we can all tick these extra things off our never to be done again lists!  Well done for ditching the sea bands Meesh, I’m gonna keep mine on for a few more days but then they will be safely put into my travel bag just in case I go on a boat on holiday!!

Im feeling ok this morning although had a mixture of SE overnight...cramp, hot sweat, freezing cold, pins & needles and hiccups, oh and wanting to stab my drunk OH but that’s a fri nite common occurrence not a SE πŸ—‘ 🀜 🐟 !!

Gonna attempt to go out for lunch today, will drive so I can come home when I want, while in town I may look for the support vests, think I will look at M&S as they may be more supportive for us bigger boobed ladies than the cheaper ones....what do you think?  

My chemo arm has been quite sore this time so may try some gel on it if that helps!

Sue hunny have you got your phone sorted?

Hope you all have a fab day ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ruth, Fairydust, Meesh: Yes last one for me Thursday, thanks girls! Would say I can't wait....! Am actually better off thinking of how I will feeling in three weeks when the SEs have finally worn off! Anyone else had more nose bleeds than before recently? Also, the doctor said it was because of low oestrogen levels, but I'm feeling very stiff and achy in the joints, need to go to the loo suddenly and am having soooo many hot flushes now almost hourly and through the night too! Really would love a good nights sleep - maybe a pills the answer Sue!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok lovely, don’t know where that belt comment on text came from. Sound like I’m into s&m ooooo errrr πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi clairebell for me my pee started burning, no temp or anything, just pee stinging and burning, so when I rapid responses it, they got me in. Hope that helps, think Buddyfan didn’t pee and retained her urine in her bladder and that was one of her symptoms but not 100% on that so wait for buddyfan’s confirmation. Hope you are ok ladies belt πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Morning girls
Hope this isn't an annoying comment to those of you getting them regularly, but what are the signs you have a uti? How do you know you have one?
Enjoy singing and dancing along the train today πŸ’ƒπŸ» πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸThe finish line for this part of the journey is in sight! Hugs xC

my phone will not charge so now i am in a grump cant contact ayone or access fitbit ap 

Its been playing up for days so ordered a new iphone from vodafone but deivery is up to 2 weeks 

did online shop yesterday they going to text delivery slot and vodafonegoing to text when new phone on way ...so unless my daughter got a phone i can borrow I wont be getting the texts anytime soon lol x

Slept better last night with the aid of a pill managed about 5 hours yay xxx

Hope everyone is okay x love and hugs xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi meesh yes it was Eurovision song way back when πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚love Eurovision it’s cheesy tradition isn’t it 😁😁😁😁heat pads and ibruprofen gel will ease your arm, after my 3rd fec my arm was sore too and combination of pads and gel eased it off well πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘no more πŸ›³bands for you πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίhope everyone’s se’s are behaving and hope everyone has a lovely day πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Morning ladies!

Morning Shi! You're up early! That Bardo song was a Eurovision number wasn't it? 

Fairydust, good luck with bloods today, here's a little blood dance for you πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸŒˆπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―

I forgot to mention I ditched my seabands yesterday for the last time, wahoo! Also I called unit on Thursday as my arm has been really sore this time and they told me it's because the veins can get inflammation. they told me to use an ice pack on it, take ibuprofen and also I could use ibuprofen gel on it too. It's still a bit painful but is a bit better.

Sue, Jellytot hope you managed some sleep last night. Ruth, Ali, Chaffinch, Karen and Buddyfan hope the SEs are manageable. 

Whats everyone got planned for today? I might try and finish the hat I'm crocheting. I bought 2 lots of wool when I started chemo planning on making myself a couple of hats. I'm now on my second one but I gave one to my mum and the other is going to my aunt, who saw my mum's and also wants one. So none for me! Will have to get more wool 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fairydust good luck with blood test today 😘😘😘toot toot πŸš‚we are getting there, meesh thanks for picking club Tropicana got us all πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ˜ how about a bit of bardo and one step closer for this mornings tune πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Buddy glad you have caught it early. I have had them too. Hoping to avoid it this time - i hope xx

Hiya, blood test on Monday and hopefully last chemo on Tuesday.

Hello. Yep, I'm going to have my last chemo on Monday I expect, significantly reduced dosage I'm told. Blood test tomorrow. Hope my neutrophils behave!

Good luck Rach, Jencat and Claire for your blood tests and chemo next week.

Fairydust x

Buddyfan, hopefully you've caught it early and can treat it quickly!

Yep, I think Rach, Jencat and Claire next week. Fairydust are you next week too? Then Ali and Ruth valentines week and we're all done with chemo! We're getting there ladies! 😊😊

Oh Buddy sorry to hear that. Glad you have caught it quickly πŸ’•β™₯️

Jelly tot what an outfit - fabulous!!
Sue great tshirts I love them!
Ding ding ding so great we are getting through our final sessions πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Ž
Jen cat, Fairydust and Rach next week is that right? Then Claire-bell and a valentines week finish for Ali and me. Am I missing anyone?
πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Have you tried drinking cranberry juice it’s supposed to help? I’ve been having it since cycle 2 because I have felt things getting a bit acidic but not full burning.

βš½πŸ”’'s just started another uti. Only one cycle without a uti. I've caught it early though, so antibiotics at home.

Shi, I was thinking Club Tropicana!! Good choice x

Love Wham Shi good choice!!!!!!

Well done ladies love the pictures the tee-shirts are fab Sue ride out the SE hoping this last round is kind to you both yeah you did it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sue, great photos and TShirts! Hope you're relaxing now!

Well.done SueW and Jelly Tot. You both look amazing and have both done so well xxx

https://g.co/kgs/jCHQmm

There we go girlies...now get dancing!!

Buddy that’s the day we return from Turkey I’m afraid!! A shame as you’re not far from us xx

πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸΉπŸΉπŸΉβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Žgreat photos and brilliant t-shirts, whooop whoop 😁😁clairebell meesh put the club Tropicana on so meesh picked the great tune for us πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Thank so for your lovely messages everyone. Funeral is going to be in half term so we will all go over to Germany then.
Meesh I have one more chemo in 1st Feb then 15 days of rads starting Feb 22.
Jellytot and Sue congrats! What a great day for you hope next couple of weeks are kind and you soon start to feel back to your normal selves
Buddy - I really fancied coming to your music fest but that's the day we fly away in holiday! Will be sorry to miss it but Portugal will be calling to me.
Shi I love Club Tropicana too Smiley Happy
Really up for some dancing soon!
Got such an itchy head - I'm sure my hairs trying to come through! Yay! Xx

Well done jelly tot and Sue....great pictures....now rest up and enjoy the fact you haven’t gotta do that again!!!

xxxxx

didnt ring bell in private didnt want to risk getting Gemma into trouble (she is the one on the left) 

lots of hugs and cheering xx  sorry not sure why tshirts are sideways 

IMG_2882.JPG IMG_2854.JPGIMG_2855.JPG

I mentioned our very mini little music festival a while back. This year it will be on 21st July spilling over to 22nd if you want to camp. We are in South West Norfolk. If you are interested, pm me with email address for rest of details. πŸŽ‡πŸŽ·πŸŽΈπŸŽΉπŸ₯πŸŽ‡

Sue, Jellytot, wahoo you're both done πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒNow come and relax with us in post chemo πŸš‚ carriage!

Great pic Jellytot! Loving that wig you look fab!

Sue enjoy pub!

Sue, we could have chatted at 3am last night. OH slept in our bed so I don’t know if that hindered sleep. Awake again at and since 6am. Good luck today, and Jencat.

Clairebell, what a horrible time you’ve had. We’re all here to support you β€πŸ€—β€πŸ€—β€πŸ€—

Jellycat, brilliant photo, you look great. Really embracing the day.πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽ—πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰

Great pic Jelly tot, loving the wig and coordinating cardigan πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ””πŸ””. Well done x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jellytot πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘yehhhh well done, fabulous wig and were those a pair of 😎in your hand ready for rads Sunbed? πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Ding a ling ding ! Thanks lovely ladies for supporting me to this point!  Just 6 months of Hercepton and a Mx with Diep recon to go woo hoo! xx

Highlighted

chemo bell.jpg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€yehh sue, well done, enjoy pub πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Enjoy catching up with your nephew Mishy!

Fairydust x

Well done Sue. Did you ring the private πŸ””? X

Out now at the pub with s glass of pink x
Will post photo when on computer xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh 😁😁always up for a bit of club Tropicana by wham πŸ–πŸ–πŸΉπŸΉπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx