62357members
328201posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ”” for you Claire Bell well done girl rest up and get through these last lot of SE xx

Jellytot so sorry to hear of yoyr loss, losing a parent is always difficult but whilst going through treatment its extra tough rake it easy and sending a virtual hug xxx

Shi, πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£you always make me laugh! I also bought some chemo hats in case the cold cap didn't work or I couldn't hack it. I didn't like mine either because I too have a peanut head, they are good though to put on under other hats to keep bonce warm. The hat is a slouchy hat, I'll try to post a picture but I can't promise anything.

Hahaha, I did the same Shi. I only wear one of two beanies and then one more than the other 😁
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi dizzy, I’ve got about 15 beanies already 😁😁😁 and some turban type things (was deluded in thinking I’d rock it like liz taylor) when with my little peanut head ended up looking like an extra from carry on up the kybur πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Shi, I have a few hats I bought don’t know if they’d be any use? Chemo hats mostly.

Meesh, we need a picture of said hat!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh or should we start calling you meesh aka Philip Tracey or meesh aka Isabella blows twin? Please send me picture of hat, baldy bonce here with thin fluff is looking out for πŸ’‚β€β™€οΈπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŒΎπŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸ³πŸ‘©πŸΌβ€πŸŽ“πŸ‘’πŸ§’πŸŽ©thank you πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

I had a weird thing happened to me today whilst shopping. I went into opticians to put my contact lenses on hold (should've done it 6 months ago) and just as I was about to leave one of the assistants stopped me and asked me where I got my hat. When I told her it was homemade she asked if I would make one for her for £10. She then said she had the same boots as me and also a similar bag (which is made from recycled leather by a local lady) so I agreed to make it for her. These blooming hats, this will be the 4th one I've made in the last 6 weeks! I probably should've said no, but I was so 😳 😳😳

I like Orla, I’ve got a few kitchen things of hers! I have to stop myself before the whole kitchen is full!

I've been out spending today! I treated myself to a nice orla Kiely teapot, which was expensive so we won't tell OH 🀐I also treated myself to some new earrings too and a top that I probably didn't need. It was nice to be out and about and feeling normal.

Hoorah Claire! Blow that whistle! πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―That's brilliant as you get to finish chemo and not feel rubbish with it, it's a win win! 

Wow Claire that’s fab, no extra naughty side effects for you happy days xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘blow that whistle clairebell we’ll done lovely 😘😘😘 jellytot sending more β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️and hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•shi xx

On a positive note girlies today my oncologist decided to cancel my last chemo! I was so surprised but he felt the risk of neuropathy remaining and affecting my feeling in the fingertips and feet was greaser than the minimal risk of not having my last chemo. Also my naughty neutrophils were very low and so rather than put it off and suggest a lower dose he just decided to discontinue the chemo treatment! Yippee!! I'm done! I can actually enjoy the next three weeks and get myself fit and healthy before rads start on 22 Feb! Sending you all lots of love and thanks for keeping me company on the chemo train I couldn't have done it without you all keeping me dancing and feeling positive! Hugs xx

Oh Jelly I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. It's so hard to loose a parent but at this point when you are so vulnerable anyway I really feel for you and send you lots of love for those hard times when you feel alone. Much love to you xxx

Thanks Shi...xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Turn! Turn! Turn by the byrds playing on the πŸš‚in honour of jellytot Mum β™₯️

Glad you popped in jelly xxx hugs πŸ€— xxx

Sorry to hear this Sue, please let her know I’m thinking of her xx
Highlighted

Hi all its jellytits here, made me smile you mad ladies!
Am in a numb hole at the mo...Thanks for support.
Life's a beep eh xxx

So sorry to hear this, please pass on my love and thoughts to her x

Sue, please pass on my condolences to JellyTot, I can’t imagine going through this and losing your mom at the same time x

Rach, I practice at home so if I 🌬It doesn't matter! Only the 🐱 looks at me with disdain! Lots of people 🌬During yoga I usually have to try not to πŸ˜‚Like the immature person that I am! Don't let that put you off, just squeeze those cheeks tight!

Sue, how awful for her! Please pass on my deepest sympathy and ❀️To her, we're all thinking of her and her family.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue, oh no, please pass on my deepest sympathy and love to Jellytot, my thought and β™₯️Are with her and her family, thank you πŸ’•shi xx

Hi all
I have a message from jellytotjane

Unfortunately her mom has passed away so she will not be posting in the forum at the moment x

I will of course pass on your condolences and any messages and she will look when she feels able on the forum at your messages even if she doesn’t post xxx

Clairebell good luck for today πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›Ž Karana I’m glad you managed to talk to your other half, men are not very good at telling us what they are feeling and need forcing into telling us sometimes. Sue hope your SE ease off today and you are feeling better after yesterday’s trauma. I’m going to have a quiet day today and then I have my Rads planning meeting tomorrow so hopefully I will have my dates for the next stage then. Hope you all have a good day xx

Buddy he did say that I’ve never actually asked him how he’s coping and I’m probably a bit guilty about that....men are def strange creatures and I don’t think we will ever be able to suss them out!! Think the best way to clean nail beds would be to rub hands with a gentle cleansing soap or showe gel and then soak them in a small bowl of warm water....then use ur almond oil...you cld even put some of the almond oil in the bowl of water too x
I was gonna attempt a yoga class this morning but I’m still quite achy from injections so may try next week...I’m also a bit worried about πŸ’¨ πŸ˜‚

Karana, great that you sorted the situation. If you’re having πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“ it sounds like the cumulative effect of extreme tiredness carries on when πŸ₯“πŸ₯“πŸ₯“ are finished. OH needs to be prepared for that, otherwise he will think you should be better. Ask him to just talk to you if he’s worried, or better still give him MacMillan’s number. On a different note, Karina, what’s the most gentle way of soaking hands to clean nails? I don’t want to strain the nail bed. Shi, πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ another one to add to the list of se, I hope Jellytot appreciated it. A real laugh out loud moment. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Dizzie, if yoga is anything like pilates you willπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨. I’ve done it a number of times, as have others. Sometimes you can get away with it but once I let rip for so long everyone was πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chaffinch you should get down to central London for charity shop bargains, I got a Giorgio Armani jacket for Β£40, I was πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜for the rest of the day, whoop whoooppp, pet shop boys - were shopping going round in my head that day too πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great tune dizzy πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘clairebell we’ll have the big bell πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””our for you lovely, 8 rounds of chemo what a marathon and dj Karana will get the whistle song by dj alligator on for you πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»Karana enjoy your lunch. Sue glad the co codimol worked for you in the night, keep πŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸ„β€β™€οΈπŸ„β€β™€οΈ Dublin is in sight 😁😁😁we are managing to have a few nights away before rads and my team told me to take my rapid response card and make sure I know where nearest a&e is and to still be vigilant because even though we’ve finished chemo we still need to be careful, just wanted to let you know lovely so you keep safe too πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

I have a question for the yoga ladies. I do fancy trying a class but I’m right worried I’m gonna πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨ all the way through. Can anyone allay my fears 😳?

Morning all, I was also worried about you last night Karen. Glad you’ve managed to talk to OH. The busy life of running a pub can’t help. You will be able to spend more time together relaxing when you leave x
Jelly tot your ears must be burning, did make me laugh though. Hope you’re doing ok after chemo last week x
Enjoy your walk and shop Meesh x
Take it easy today Sue and watch how much you swing that iron. I’m gradually making a dent in my ironing pile. We have way too many clothes because we are real charity shop bargain hunters. Every time I see something good quality and nearly new at a good price that I like I can’t resist.
Claire, blow your whistle with pride, we will celebrate with you later πŸ’•
Hope everyone has a good day, I have Pilates later at Maggie’s 😊

Shi, I also loved your typo made me laugh so much OH asked what I was laughing at! 

Rach, that's another great frank turner song. I downloaded his album after your last post and forgot about it so I'm going to listen to that while I walk today. Thanks for reminding me!

Karen, enjoy your day out and order those uggs you deserve them!

Sue take it easy today, you had quite a day yesterday.

Sending πŸ¦„πŸ€—to everyone! Hope you all have good days with manageable SEs πŸ’«βš‘οΈβœ¨πŸŒŸβ­οΈβœ¨βš‘οΈβš‘οΈπŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ‘…πŸ§πŸ‘…πŸ§

Think we are going out for lunch today somewhere, maybe Horning? Haven’t ordered the uggs yet but think I will! My sandals turned up yesterday but although I ordered 2 different colours they almost looked the same, but managed to sell a pair to a friend so all worked out well!

I loved the typo for jelly Shi..made me giggle!!

Sue hopefully today will be more comfortable for you 😘

I’m now having a toasted hot cross bun....m&s Bradley apple ones are the best....well it is nearly Easter!! I think I may turn into a weeble!!!!!

✨✨✨✨

Claire, hoorah for last chemo! Good πŸ€today, ring that πŸ””πŸ””πŸ”” blow that whistle, πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»your way out. We'll all be thinking of you! Let us know when you're back. So we can πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽŠ

Sue, hope you're feeling ok after yesterday.

Rach, hope you're managing SEs after chemo this week.

Karen, good job on the chat with OH yesterday, blooming men they're just so rubbish with the touchy feely stuff aren't they?

Shi, another good tune! We'll be πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ»In the πŸš‚ today. I'm planning on walking into town today  but will get the bus back as it's about 4 miles. Although after last nights programme perhaps I'd be better doing a quick 10 min walk and drive there and then do another 10 min dash round the shops πŸ˜‚ 

Morning all
I am ok thank you
Uncomfortable night but cocodamol did it’s thing
Good luck Claire xx
Glad you sorted things Karen x
Love and hugs to everyone xx
Going to try and get some ironing done πŸ‘

Another suitable Frank Turner tune for us ladies moving forward

https://youtu.be/P4IZbCl6iR4

Good luck clairebell. Last one πŸ’–

Karen, I’m glad you managed a serious chat with OH.

Don’t think I’ll be able to see JellyTot in the same light now, thanks Shi 🀣
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, so pleased you’ve had a good chat with oh and been able to reach him and get him to start understanding just how tough the chemo journey is as well as the entire journey. It’s nice to hear he has been man enough to accept his behaviour has been way off the mark too. 😘😘thanks for djing 😁😁hope you have something nice planned for today ( getting the uggs?) oops jelly tot apols for the typo in earlier post, clairebell I didn’t see that πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

https://g.co/kgs/nCYHYq
https://g.co/kgs/Ls2ZN7
https://g.co/kgs/TCgDAQ

Morning ladies....requested tunes uploaded!

Can’t believe I typed a really long post last night then it deleted...just sums up how yesterday went! Anyway to cut long story short I had a serious chat with OH and made him see what a nasty **bleep** he can be, he did admit it was his way with dealing with it and if he can convince himself I’m fine (and me) then he though5 I would be! He was very upset and said he’s really struggling but told him that he can’t deal with it this way!! We ended up going to Cromer and taking the dog for a very fresh walk and got some chips. I’ve still not totally forgiven him yet!! And Meesh there’s gonna be no making up sex yet so he WONT be getting his end away, but will take on board your advise 😱I managed to do a couple of friends nails yesterday and def felt a lot better! Didn’t have a great nights sleep but I was so cold I think that kept waking me!!

Only 1 more injection to do....oh and I made OH watch while I done yesterday’s injection and he’s really needle phobic!

Sue, how you feeling this morning....yesterday sounded a bit traumatic but at least that’s another thing ticked off!!

Hope everyone else is ok, good luck claire Bell...go blow that whistle!

✨✨✨✨✨✨

Oh you girls do make me laugh...!
Shi.... great typo but not sure Jelly Tots will be amused! Mind you we all are quite good at seeing the funny side aren't we!
I'm on train for chemo 8 today. Trying to be pleased but excitement not really an emotion I associate with chemo day! I will be blowing my whistle! Don't think there is a πŸ”” at the Marsden!
Have a good one everyone, SE permitting - thinking of you Cassie as you prepare for op. It's ok you know these surgeons Are really excellent! Xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning 😁😁meesh excellent choices for the πŸš‚πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Karana glad you are ok, I was keeping an eye on the news too, I hope he’s apologised to you, how you’ve grafted so hard through the chemo is just amazing, you are amazing and we all think so 😘😘mishy thanks very much for all the tips you’ve put on the rads thread for everyone you are a wonderful lady for looking after us 😘😘you are right to get check on Monday, I think if any of us have any niggles or if something doesn’t feel right going forward we need to flag up straight away and get checked over just to be on safe side 😘😘meesh another tune that’s been going round my head since seeing jelly tits pink wig is pink sunshine by fuzzbox πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίhope everyone’s se’s treating you ok and anyone with treatments and bloods today πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘we all went a bit out of sync with Christmas and New Year and a couple of β˜•οΈπŸ°stops, who’s next to πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽI think ali and Ruth are valentines week who’s before? Cassie have you got your front opening bra ready for your op? Are you having the radioactive dye too? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Shi how about a bit of Michael Jackson beat it for chemo carriage and George Michael faith for 😎Carriage?

Morning ladies!

Karen, good to hear you're both still alive! We were getting worried we'd be seeing you on the news!

I'm sure someone else was up for chemo this week so I'm sending the πŸš‚ out. So I've got my πŸ”«πŸ”«trained on the πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€βœˆοΈChaffinch is on him too with βš”οΈπŸ—‘, Shi has been through the carriages with πŸ’«βœ¨πŸŒŸβ­οΈβœ¨βœ¨πŸ’«βœ¨β­οΈβœ¨βš‘οΈπŸ’«For chemo carriage and fluorescent for 😎carriage she's armed with πŸ‘ Karen is holding the πŸ‘ŠπŸΌin reserve and 6ft Rach is looming over the πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€βœˆοΈWith πŸ₯Š and tartan DMs ready to go this is England on him. Cassie is up top with 🏹, Sue and Jellytot are helping with πŸ…πŸ”ͺπŸ”©πŸ”§β›πŸ› πŸ’£and Buddyfan is armed with β›“ready to tie anyone who doesn't behave to back of πŸš‚

Shi what's playing today in chemo carriage and subbed carriage?

Reboot, good luck with rads today you must be nearly halfway through.

Good luck to anyone else with appts!

Just wrote a big post and then lost it somewhere....will try again in morning...just wanted to let you know I’m ok and everything is calm and OH still alive πŸ˜‚

Hope you don't think im slagging your OH off Karen men can br a bit πŸ˜¨πŸ€” sometimes maybe its because he can't cope with it so go get thise boits time for a bit of payback πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Great news Cassie really pleased for you x
Karen i hope you are feeling better today after last night i think you have been fab through your chemo maybe too fab to the point where your OH thinks its not as bad as it actually really is but that's because you are πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ i agree with the ladies you should def get your onc or bc nurse to have the talk with both of you remember you will be feeling more tired because of the cumulative effects of treatments im still really tired i have tried to do too much and currently paying for it already in bed watching tele cos i think 2 weeks on i should be super fit πŸ˜”πŸ˜‚ but im not so need to take it a bit easier so you def need him to understand karen xxx

That’s good Meesh. Hopefully on a little loss on this last cycle. I didn’t have too much on cycle 5.