Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Jelly tot 💕

Shi is it today you was hung wig shopping? Xx

Loads of hugs Jelly Tot. I'm glad you've got plenty of support. You know we are all here if you need to talk about anything.
Good to hear you've got a rough date for surgery at least you can plan for it.

Sending lot of 🦄🦄🦄🦄 hugs and sparkles x
Highlighted

Morning ladies,
Been following the thread and quietly cheering you all on xx
Had meeting with surgeons and mx and recon happening as soon as possible after mum's funeral which will probably be 7th March. Been overdoing it with everything and feeling exhausted today but hey ho. Still can't believe she's gone but I guess that's normal. Thankfully I have a brilliant hub and family or I'd not cope.
Have a great day girls , and if you can hug or phone your mums xx

Buddy good news on normal temperature today x

Morning ladies. My temp is ok this morning, so hopefully the antibiotics for the uti are working. Jencat, which antibiotic are you on for your uti? Temp went to 40.1 on left, dodgy, ear. But that one always shows stupidly high. The worry was that my right ear was high. Had it been during the day, I would’ve called unit. But a&e aaaagh. I do feel so tired, back to bed after breakfast, I think. Can’t remember who asked but my extreme arm pain is neuropathic pain in my paralysed arm. My bc arm is the other arm. The gp just suggested one of my pills I already have and which I don’t think are as good as the ones I’m already taking. Anyway, as the suggested ones have paracetamol in them, I didn’t think it was a good idea to take them with my sky high temp. My pain in bones and arm seemed to have eased a bit. Maybe I’m at that corner I want to turn.

Cassie, well done with the movements, sound encouraging.

Ali, what a relief, another one finished. But the best news is that chemo worked, yay.

Meesh, Karen hopefully I’ll be up for your next coffee/cake stop.

Still ache rach and had a mega headache last night but feeling much better still decided on bath and pj day though lol x

I think I was lulled into a false sense of well-being by FEC as I felt I coped quite well then bam the t train got me x but onwards and upwards and not got to go there again xx

Everyone else doing ok ? X

Brilliant news Ali x

Going to do a full day working today, might even risk a day in the office tomorrow. I might try and fit in another knocker now my first is complete. They’re pretty quick to make.

Buddy, I hope you’re ok

Enjoy your meet up Meesh and Karen.

Sue, how’re you feeling now? I know T had knocked you more than the FEC.

Morning all

Ali that’s good news but you have not had chance to celebrate your last one as being your last if that makes sense .....so 🛎 🛎 🎈 🎉 🎈 xxx

Cassie glad your going home

Karen good luck for meeting

Love and hugs to each and everyone of you xxxx
Meesh, mishy, jencat, shi, fairy, buddy, chaffinch, runnerbean, reboot, dizzie, jelly tot, jay ...... if I missed anyone I am sorry trying to get my brain working by remembering as many as possible lol xxx

I've been ok'd to go home! Waiting on pharmacy for painkillers and discharge x

Ali, yeah no more chemo for you hoorah you're done! 🔔🔔🔔🎊🎉🎊🎈🎈🎊🎉🎈🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃💃🛎🛎🛎🛎 It us such a relief when you know you won't need to go through that again and excellent news that it's worked. Now you can move to the op carriage with Cassie and rest up and get rid of those nasty SEs.

Buddyfan, please let us know you're ok. Me and Karen will be discussing another meet up today and we'd love you to come.

The tune today ladies is Michael jackson's "Don't stop til you get enough" in honour of Ali who has had enough and Jencat and Ruth who still have last chemo left. 💫🌟⭐️🌟✨✨⭐️🌟⭐️💫🌟⭐️🌈✨⭐️🌈🦄🤗🦄🤗👅🐧👅🐧👅🐧

Have a good day ladies, I'm off to Norwich with a list of things to buy, do you think I can still use the steroids as an excuse? 😂

Goid luck with planning apt Karen x

Hope you warm up.Cassie. tell them how cold it is. Hope you are not in too m7ch pain and can get home today xx

Morning all. How is everyone?

Not slept terribly well. Someone seems to be pressing their buzzer at least once an hour and it's really loud by my room. Also my radiator doesn't work so it's freezing. Currently laid in bed with my pj's and dressing gown on under the covers. Looking forward to the nurses first visit with with the sweety trolly this morning for some more pain killers. Also very much looking forward to the breakfast trolley. Even the nhs can't cock up cereal.

Cassie x

Morning ladies....just a quickie as gotta leave early this morning for rads planning appoint at 830...it’s freezing here too...then meeting Meesh for lunch in Norwich 😊

Ali that’s fab news...no more chemo...whoop whoop!!  Buddy hope you have a better day today and not in so much pain 😘 Cassie  hope you slept ok and also not in pain and you manage to get home and get some yummy food!?

Everyone else have a super fab day and keep warm 😘

✨✨❄️❄️❄️✨✨

Fantastic news Ali!!! All done and dusted. That's another one of our ladies home safe on the chemo train xx

Well guess what - no more chemo for me!!! 0nc saw how bad my rash was and i listed the other SE's after 6th treatment - nose bleeds, sore mouth, sore bottom, upset tummy - and she said well i think thats enough!!

She said my cancer was so small, it had shrunk after 2 treatments and her and the surgeon can no longer feel anything so she thinks chemo has done its job so its time to stop!! I feel like I have been set free!

I will carry on with Herceptin injections from next wednesday and will call tomorrow to see if my op will now be brought forward.

Just have to wait for this horrible rash to go and my mouth to heal but no more steroids andno more injections. I can hardly believe it has come to an end as I was so very scared at the beginning.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT THROUGH ALL OF THIS XXXX

Cassie well done and so glad you are ok. Buddy so sorry you are in pain and i hope it improves - get 9n the Cannabis Oil! Jencat I hope the UTI gets better and you feel better. Chaffinch hope you feel better too. Fairydist hope those SE's pass quickly xx

Good night God bless everyone xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cassie marvellous to hear you are through operation ok 😘😘😘rest up and drink loads and drive by do too much too soon, let everything settle and give things chance to knit back together 😘😘dizzy glad you managed to have a mooch round the shops 😁😁hope you got some nice treats 😁😁Buddyfan please let us know that you’ve phoned up and got yourself checked out, we are all holding your gold hot pants 💪💪💪💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi all. Loads of messages I'll catch up in a minute.
I hope everyone is ok.
I'm fine. Was late to surgery so having to stop in overnight. Don't mind too much I have my own room and it's at the far end of the ward so it's quiet. In a little discomfort but no pain unless I forget which I have done a couple of times. Shoulder is ok not too stiff tho I'm wondering if it'll get worse tomorrow maybe. I can currently lift my arm above my head with no trouble and scratch my back.

Thank you Meesh. Still feeling uncomfy with uti, so think it was right thing that chemo was cancelled. Hospital didn't phone back with new date, so I'll have to phone them in the morning xx

Fairydust, thank you I'll have a look at that. Bamboo pjs 🤔Like the sound of them might have to look for some of those too!

Buddyfan, definitely get yourself checked out. Mine was 37.8 and they wanted me to go in and get it checked out. Wishing you better ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗

Community Champion

Buddyfan - go and get yourself checked out at A&E - 39.4 is the highest you should allow in a healthy adult before seeking immediate medical attention. Don't wait any longer x

Just popping on, Buddy you need to give them a call x

Hope everyone else is good.

I’ve had a good day, half day at work and half day off and a long walk and nose about in the shops.

Rach x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan, I’d ring up just to be on safe side with your temp being that high. Please keep safe 💕💕❤️❤️Shi xx

Double hmmmmm,!
mouth ones show high as well. 39.3, 39.6. (i've got two, one from tesco one from boots)

hmmmmm!
temp on right (good) ear = 39!
left ear, always higher = 39.1. Just started uti antibiotic, which is just as well as urine is so cloudy can't see below 100ml from top. Just got the oral thermometers in from freezing car, so i'll have to wait a bit

Hi Meesh, I ordered it from www.livebetterwithcancer.com

It's all products to support with cancer or chemo side effects. Lots of choices for all you need. Stocked up on muscle balm too. Will buy some bamboo pjs soon.

Happy shopping.

Fairydust x

Jencat, good to hear from you, sorry you've not had many good days, hopefully you'll get a few more with chemo being delayed. The 🚂 👨🏻‍✈️will be happy to have a whole week off, he'll have no excuse next week for any naughtiness! 😊

Buddyfan sending ❤️❤️❤️and 🤗🤗🤗 sorry to hear you're suffering with pain. Did you say that's your chemo arm too? I wonder if some of it is also due to the vein pain some of us have been suffering after the last chemo. Hope the loratadine and extra oak killers help sort it for you.

Fairydust, I might try one of those heat/ cold body wrap things, where did you get it from?

Hope everyone has had good days. Mine was ok considering I was at work, it's sort of nice being back to some sort of normality and people saying they're happy to see me back is really nice.

So whoever posts first in the morning gets to pick the tune for the day! Shi, I love the cheesey tunes! 😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan, big hug and ❤️❤️❤️For you darling sorry you’ve been in pain and you’ve had a down day, is there nothing your team can give you to help manage the pain better for you might be worth asking for something stronger. Jentcat you will be in the 🛎🛎🛎carriage with ali and Ruthie babes next week with having a ☕️🍰stop just now, so you’ll all be swinging those gold hot pants together 😁😁👍👍Karana hope the rads planning goes well tomorrow for you, give them a Wonder Woman twirl as you go in😁😁😁I might not be on the thread till later on tomorrow so tune for the 🚂will be up to everyone else you will all be pleased, get some decent music on instead of all the cheesy tunes from me. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Buddyfan, so sorry about your bone pain. It's hell I'm sure. For my milder pain I have a lavender microwave able body wrap which goes over and soothes aching joints and bones. I've just realised I can also put in freezer and use as cold compress for my hot flushes, that's a bonus for me. Could work for yours too Meesh? However, wishing you all the best with your painkiller regime Buddyfan. Hope it works x

Cassie, a little late perhaps so sorry. Hope you're doing ok with op today. Thinking of you.x

Hi Jencat. Thanks for updating on your progress but sorry about your side effects and chemo delay. Hope your condition improve.  You're doing the right thing switching off from the world,living in your bubble for a while. Just rest and do the best for you. We're here when you return. X

Hope all doing ok. Did you get much emails sorted out Ruth?

My side effects are kicking in but not quite as bad as last time possibly due to reduced dose. Antibiotics and fluconozole at the ready and Epsom salt baths, lavender body wrap to hand and painkillers for excessive  bone pain due to injections. Hope for the best. Am teary but probably more out of relief of no more chemotherapy than anything else. We all did it! Aren't we amazing!

Hope your delivery man liked your Wonderwomen Pjs Karena!! :-)

Chaffinch, sorry to hear your suffering. Hope tonight goes better for you though. X

Love to all, Shi, CK, Runnerbean, Rach, Mishy, Reboot, everyone!!

Fairydust x

Hi Chaffinch hope your starting to feel a bit better....have you tried the Biscopan tablets they helped when I kept getting stomach cramps....I still have to be careful what I eat...I can’t do rich creamy food at all which I do love 😬

I may have a look at the H&M vests Shi although I do find there clothes come up really small so not sure I’ll get into them!!

✨✨❄️✨✨

Well done all of you who've now finished chemo Smiley Happy xx

Hello everyone and thank you for your nice messages! Smiley Happy

Sorry I've not been on for a while, but I have been thinking of you all! x

Had my last chemo 3 weeks ago, but SE's really took it out of me for the first couple of weeks with pains in legs and feet and just no energy and sleeping a lot.

My phone's been playing up and I don't seem to be able to receive many messages! (ED and YD trying to sort it out for me! It's fairly basic, hence another reason I haven't been on here as no internet on phone, so have to log on to my laptop, which isn't always great either!) Anyway, YD suddenly got lots of messages checking I was ok as they couldn't get hold of me! So been trying to catch up with them as I didn't want people to think I was ignoring them, but I often haven't had the energy to reply anyway!

I should have had my last chemo this afternoon, but have had a uti for the last few days and not feeling too good. (I had it a couple of weeks ago, but thought I'd managed to get rid of it! Obviously not!) Spent most of last night going (or not going!) to the loo! I'm on antibiotics now, so hopefully they'll start making a difference soon. Phoned up chemo unit this morning and they said they din't want to give me chemo whilst not feeling well, so I'm waiting to hear back from them with a new date. I think it could be next Wednesday as chemo seems to be delayed a week at my unit. So didn't end up with a 'good' week, just a few days!

Sorry you're not feeling well Chaffinch and Buddy, hope your symptoms improve soon xx

I hope they can find a way to give you some relief soon buddyfan x

Buddy so sorry to read you are suffering be kind to yourself and try and get lots of rest xxx

Buddy so sorry to hear you are having a rough day sending love and 🤗🤗 and a while load of 👅🐧👅🐧👅🐧👅🐧 to help XX

Chaffinch, that sounds scary. Hope you’re feeling better now.

Cassie, 🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗 good luck today. I’m probably a bit late with that.

I’ve been quite fragile and tearful today. I expected to have turned that corner and be on the mend by now, day 17. But the paralysed arm pain is still extremely bad and back and neck don’t feel any better. Oh, and I’ve started ANOTHER uti! I guess it’s all cumulative. I had physio this morning which does reinforce what little I can do. As I was flinching with pain, even though laying relaxed, doing nothing and having taken a painkiller half hour before, she suggested asking gp for stronger painkillers. So I’m waiting for a call back re the antibiotics for the uti and painkillers. Then I just remembered the advice about bone pain and loratadin antihistamine. So I’ve doubled the painkiller dose (their advice) and taken a loratadin. At least I’ve got a good excuse to not do much. Thank goodness I don’t work. I have total admiration for those that do work.

Thanks Meesh & Shi, I’m still not right no idea what has caused the discomfort but it’s better than it was last night so I’m bearing with it at the moment just feel a bit pants. I think I’ll go to the q&a though because they only do it once a month
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Chaffinch, sorry to hear you had a tough night, hope you are ok darling👍👍jencat hi lovely hope you are ok 😘😘cassie sending ❤️❤️❤️Thinking of you. Hope everyone’s ok. I got some support vests from H&M mama nursing function pack of 2 for £17.99. I know ladybowler suggested M&S but after how they treated that lady on here who was an employee, I don’t feel like shopping there again. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Chaffinch, hope you feel better and can get to your q&a session.

Ruth, might have try the acupuncture as these hot flushes are getting on my nerves. Haven't really had them during the day, until i came back to work🙄

Jencat,how're you doing are you up for last chemo tomorrow?

Morning all x
Nice to see you back Jencat how are you ? Xx

Cassie love and hugs x

Hope everyone has a great day xxx

Morning Jencat, nice to hear from you, how are you? X

Cassie, hope your operation goes well today. Thinking of you xx

Chaffinch sorry to hear you weren't well 💕 Hope it has passed

Morning ladies Shi some time away sounds lovely especially after so long in chemo shutdown I hope you have nice things planned.
Ali that rash doesn't sound very nice I hope the sort it out soon lovely and it doesn't slow down finishing up chemo (although also hope they look after your future health first and foremost).
After my morning bath ritual I am planning to grab a coffee and sit down and open my email box properly for the first time since before Christmas and probably answer many neglected emails 😱 I know I have a legitimate excuse for not being able to engage very well with the outside world but it still makes me feel very guilty!
I am also trying to conserve energy a little bit today as have my trip to the Haven centre again tomorrow. Just accupuncture this time - it does feel like it has helped with the hot flushes and they say it is accumulative so it will be good to see how I feel after 2 sessions.
Hope everyone is looking after themselves and planning nice things - take the best of care ♥️♥️💕💕

Morning all, hope it’s a good one.
Fingers crossed for you today Cassie x
I had a rough night, no idea why, had stomach pains and my temperature dropped. I woke up at midnight after going to bed at 10 and by 1am I couldn’t stop shaking. Decided to leave it an hour before ringing in during which time I fell asleep again. I slept fitfully and still don’t feel quite right this morning. The only thing that I ate yesterday that I don’t normally was fennel and I did have a small glass of wine with my fish pie and I have been known to react to seafood if I’ve had alcohol do it may have been that. I am supposed to be going to a radiotherapy q&a st Maggie’s late this afternoon hopefully I’ll feel better by then! It’s easy to get complacent when we finish chemo but we’ve still got a lot of recovery to do!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍👍thanks dj Karana 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻 Gives us bit of 💪💪💪for today 😁😁😁hope your oh gets back ok from Wembley tonight 🤞🤞I didn’t know Emma has done another book, i’ll Look out for that, she is amazing 👍👍👍got to pick up a few bits today and tomorrow then few days away, so might not have a signal, hopefully will so can whoop whoop ali and Ruthie babe on next week for their last chemos 🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺👍👍💕💕✨✨shi xx

I’m loving this tune this morning and with the change of words it’s fab!!  https://youtu.be/Sa-EwG1LMW0

Ali hope u get that rash sorted soon hunny

Meesh glad to hear your work colleagues have been so supportive and glad to hear that your memory has its blips too 😂 

cassie....we will all be thinking of you today and be right behind you ready to give the 👨‍⚕️ stick if he causes any trouble...fingers crossed you get out today and you get fed something nice 😘😘

I also read that book by Emma Flannigan......I read it while on holiday last year after I’d had my lumpectomy and before I started chemo....such an amazing woman but how she’s managed to go thru chemo so many times is beyond me...I follow her on fb and she’s still quite poorly but always manages to stay so positive...she’s just released a new book so maybe another holiday read!!

It has snowed a bit over nite but just a little fluffy coating....it’s so cold tho!!  OH is off to Wembley for footy tonite so hope the weather isn’t too bad as need him to get back for my rads planning in the morning!!

The man comes to empty fruit machine this morning and I’m not gonna be dressed before he gets here so Wonder Women is gonna greet him 😂 

Whats everyone got planned today??

✨✨❄️✨✨❄️

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Good morning ladies 😁😁😁mishy, do you have a grape tree near you? They do big bags of fruit and nuts and are very reasonable price wise. Cassie 🤞🤞🤞good luck for today lovely. Ali, I hope you get sorted door darling. Ive Just moisturised everything with acqueous cream and it’s been fine, so don’t know if that would work for you and help with settling skin? Fairydust I am glad you like the Emma hamnigan book, she is a fighter and an inspiration. Today’s tune is YMCA but as you sing change the work to BCCF, and you girl there no need to feel down, there’s a place you can go called the BCCF, it’s fun to be on the BCCF 👍👍💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁because we have turned 💩 into 😆😆😆and ☀️☀️☀️💕💕✨✨shi xx