Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

👍👍👍😘😘😘meesh and Karana ❤️❤️❤️Great news for you both. Karana I’ve 🦈arm too. Sue I’ve not tried my chalks yet mine need straighteners to seal them, so I might just have a go and see what they look like without that, let me know when you are going to have a try and we can do at same time and swap photos 😁😁😁Jellytot, chaffinch ❤️❤️❤️For you both 😘😘 runnerbean let us know how the hair colour goes darling 👍👍👍💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

Evening ladies! Had my appt today with onc and this time I saw a different onc who was much better (not a form in sight) anyway he had a good feel and inspection and said it was all normal. So I've also been discharged by onc and referred back to breast clinic and will get an appt in 6 months time. I do feel better for getting it checked out 😊

Shocked, I was colouring mine with henna from lush pre-chemo and think I will do that again probably in a few weeks time. I also finished chemo in January. I cold capped so didn't lose all of it but it is very grey 😕
Shocked

Thanks Runnerbean - feels a bit daft dreading my grey hair growing back when you've been through all this but it matters

Runnerbean

Hi shocked, I finished chemo in January and no one has really told me not to die my hair but my hairdresser is going to use some natural vegetable die on it this Friday so we will see how it turns out. I will let you know but my hair has come back very grey so I need to do something!
SueW

Shi I have bought some hair chalks to try how did you get in with them x
Still on holiday but should be there when I get home x
Shocked

Thanks Karana that’s reassuring and great news about your being discharged xx

karana23

Morning ladies....sorry not been on here for a while....been bit busy as gotta be out of pub next tues and there is so much to do so not a lot of free time!  Busy weekend ahead as having leaving party and family coming to join in!!

Shocked....there seems to be different advice for hair...some people say you need to wait few months others a year before colouring hair....I’ve got mine booked in for beginning of July and I finished chemo end of Jan....I’m happy for my hairdresser to colour it and she’s just as happy to do it....I’m not sure I cld manage much longer looking as dark and grey as I am!!  

Had meeting with Oncologist yesterday...she put my mind at rest about lumpy bumpy boob and said it felt all very normal and just the effects of radiotherapy.....my sucken veins in my arm probably won’t get better so gonna just have to get used to looking like I’ve been bitten by a 🦈😱 ....aches and flushes from Tamoxifen are just something we will get used to but she said the benefits of having it out weighs side effects!  After discussing that she then discharged me from treatment so that’s me done....whoop whoop....think I can safely say I won 💪💪🤛💪💪🍾🍾🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

sending you all big love 💕 💕💕💕💕💕

Shocked

Hi October ladies, I am from the January thread and hoping some of you can advise. I had my last chemo yesterday YAY and the nurse said I shouldn't colour my hair when it starts growing back for a year:WHOAH: - that is almost as bad as losing it in the first place for me, what advice have you ladies had about colouring? 

WhyteFawn

He's paying half. Hes been quoted 300 quid for a perspex window. But it shouldn't be perspex it should be glass so will need a whole new roof. The roof is as old as the car which is now 14 years old so it's probably ready for a new one.
I lost my allotment key so I haven't been able to do much this weekend
Meesh73

Hope hubby is paying for it to be fixed 😊 I've just planted my bulbs I had 30 to do so just dug holes randomly and stuck a couple in each one 😕 so hoping they'll grow 🌸

WhyteFawn

Car still broke Meesh and in the garage at my mother in laws. Can't just replace the window so having to get a new roof at 800 quid!! Be glad when I'm back driving it
Meesh73

Hello all! Yes lovely weekend here, spent most of it gardening. OH helpfully reminded me at 10pm last night that I hadn't planted the bulbs I'd soaked 😡So I've got to go out there now and do it ☹️Still glorious here today although I think it's due to change tomorrow.

Cassie, hope you're feeling better soon. How's the 🚗?

WhyteFawn

Hey how is everyone? The weekend has been glorious though it's now cloudy, a bit cooler and starting to rain ☹. Just been for my zoladex injection. Not nice. So just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. X
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ali 😘😘glad you are ok. Glad you’ve settled with your meds. Hope your garden furniture arrive in Time for harry and Meghan on the 19th, I hope they have glorious weather 🌞🌞🌞Carshare 10pm bbc tonight, can’t believe it’s come round already we were mid chemo haze when it finished last year. 💕💕Shi xx
Ali49

Hi All and thanks for think8ng of me. I do pop on and catch up and check how you all are. I am good thank you. Letrozole hit me at first but think i am more used to it now. Still have my 3 weekly Herceptin and sporting my grey/white sk8nhead with pride!.

What a gorgeous weekend it is. We have been work8ng pn our town garden (yard) all weekend as we have ordered some new garden furniture - no doubt the rain will come when it arrives!!

I will catch upmon the thread later. Lots of love to all xx

I
SueW

We are using a what’s ap thread for meet up
Jencat if you have what’s app I can add you lovely lady xx
Shi I am fine Hun we had a thunderstorm this morning but it’s cleared up now xx
SueW

I will text Ali ask her to pop in x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, think a lot of the girls have a fit bit to monitor steps or something and caddies set them up a site or something, I’m not too sure how it work but think a lot of them communicate on there rather than this thread now. I’m not on it as I don’t do Facebook or anything like that, it’s only thanks to mai7 I came on here. 💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

Funny you should mention Ali Shi, I was only thinking about her this morning and wondering how she was.

What's the Fitbit thing?! xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Has anyone hear from ali49? Ali hope you are ok darling. Love to dizzy, ruthiebabes and everyone else who’s gone onto the Fitbit thing and not on here anymore hope everyone’s enjoying this glorious weather and sue 🏖🏖🏖🏖hope turkeys being fantastic for you 😘😘😘karana, meesh and me have been eyeing up an 80’s club for London to 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻The night away 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 bit of dead or alive you spin me round on the jukebox 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕Shi xx
Runnerbean

Hi karebear, I also have neuropathy in my hands and feet. I finished chemo in January and I would say my fingers are a lot better now. I did have pain and pins and needles but they are almost back to normal. My feet are still numb but the pain is not as bad as it was so I’m hoping they are just taking a little longer to heal
Jencat

Mishy, great info that you were able to give Rachel on the rads thread, I'm sure it will be useful xx

Jencat

Hi Karebear, yes I have in my fingers and toes. I haven't got pain with it, just numbness and occasionally a bit of pins and needles. I was told at radiotherapy last week that it can take a few months to go (she said it can be as long as 5-6months)I was told it's because they're the furthest away from our hearts they take the longest to get back to normal x

Karebear

Am nipping over from the december thread my chemo has just finished and
I was wondering has anyone suffered from
chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy 
In their feet. I have bad pains and pins& needles in my feet.
Mishy18

Hey im a TN from Geordie land however im done with treatment i can pop over and give her some advice maybe
How are you all enjoying the sun ☉ bloody great isn't it just the medicine for body and mind everything seems better in the sun have a good one ladies 💖
Jencat

No, she's not on a specific chemo thread, but has started a new one on here titled Triple Negative and in the Rads threads. She has taken my advice and posted on the TN section, but that can be a bit quiet sometimes and perhaps even more so as it's a Saturday and B Hol x

Do all TN's have to have chemo? Until I had my op and cancer was found in 3 lymph nodes, only having rads had been mentioned to me xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, thanks for letting us know. Is she not on a chemo thread? All tns havevto have chemo? Anyway at least she will know where to find us. 💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves in this lovely sunshine!Smiley Happy I'm enjoying a day off from having to go to the hospital!

There's a lady called Rachel, who's posted on rads thread and on the chemo monthly, looking for anyone who has TN in Newcastle. She didn't get any replies, so I've replied and told her to go onto the TN thread. I did say if she didn't get any response, to come on here or Nov thread as there are TN ladies who can help her xx

Meesh73

Thank you ladies! I am a bit of a worrywort anyway so I am trying not to worry about every little niggle. I also worry that the drs etc won't take me seriously so I'm pleased that they're going to see me. I'm feeling a bit less 😳😳😳 now that I know they're going to check me out and also knowing that some of you are also experiencing similar things. The weather here is lovely today and I think it's going to remain like this for the weekend 😊What has everyone got planned?
karana23

Morning ladies....I’ve found my boob is quite painful and achy this week and still feels quite lumpy and strange 😬 I have been cleaning lots this week tho so don’t think that has helped! I know what you mean Meesh...I feel so much better in myself and been back up to speed with work etc...but then something niggles to remind us what we’ve been thru 😱 I’ve got appoint with Onc tues so will be asking lots of questions and hopefully she can put my mind at rest....gonna write a list of things to ask...she’s gonna love me!

We’ve got a busy bank weekend ahead and it looks like the weather is gonna be kind which brings out even more people!! 🎉🌞🌞🍺🍻🍷🍷🍻🍹🍾🌞🌞🌞
Jobey68

Meesh my boob is still achy 3 years on, 8 weeks is still very early days in terms of finishing rads as the effects go on for a while after, a ladies I keep in touch with has recently had a problem with hers swelling and being uncomfortable several years on but all is ok , everything has us freaking out and your wise to get it checked but I'm sure it's all fine 😊Xx Jo 

Chaffinch17

I went back to breast clinic after finding another lump but was told it had formed an oil filled nodule as scar tissue was breaking down. I was very relieved. Worrying two week wait for appointment though. It seems that the effects linger for a long time. If you are worried contact your BCN they should arrange for you to get a good check over. They were great with me and took it seriously and were able to put my mind at rest x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 😘😘😘 that’s an interesting tip about some cushion thing for the bra, meesh you could ask about one of those 😘😘 sue hope you are having 🍹🍹🍹🍹🏖🏖🏖🍹🍹🍹🏖🏖🏖🌞🌞🌞🌞🍹🍹🍹🏖🏖🏖jencat, you are doing brilliant and it is 😎😎😎ground hog day, but it soon goes, keep drinking 2-3l, cream area as much as you like, I know me and meesh were fanatical creamers 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️Tag team and plenty of air to the skin as much as you can, think we need the 🔫🔫🔫🔫🏹🏹🏹🏑🏑🏑🏑🏏🏏🏏🏏🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤺🤺🤺back on the 👨‍✈️ Buddyfan we need you to drag him at the back of the 🚂 how you fixed beautiful? 😘😘💕💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Because of where my swelling is I get hubby to massage in e45 does seem to ease it x
Mishy18

I know exactly how you feel meesh i feel so much better in myself now the tiredness is almost a thing of the past occasionally feel it if i have a busy day but the boob thing is another annoying reminder of what has passed they told me they have some cushion things for in bra to massage fluid build up!!! Good luck in clinic anyway enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend everyone!!!!
Meesh73

Thanks Mishy, I've got an appt next Wednesday. I'm just finding it annoying as you think "yay I'm done with treatment I need to start getting myself back on track" then when you do this sort of thing happens and you think "aaarghhhhh when will it end?"

Meesh73

No I don't think I've done anything to aggravate it. Doesn't seem to ache quite as much today but it's still swollen. I'm trying not to be 😳😳😳about it.

Its comforting to hear that some of you also have had some issues, although I'd rather we all didn't if you know what I mean. Just when I start to think I'm getting back to normal too 🙄

Mishy18

Meesh im experiencing boob swelling some pitting and pain i finished in jan so i have been given a clinic appointment with breast surgeon on 16th to have it fully checked over i rang bcn just over a week ago who thought it best to come into clinic so if you are nit sure i would def ring bcn, i think i could have lymphodema starting aa at my follow up in Feb i was told i had sone breast odeoma which some bcn would class as lymphodema but he didn't so we will see but again my oncs advice waa to let them know about any chsnges hopefully its post rads stuff which i do believe can happen for quite some time but for reassurance irs best to ring
Hoping all you lovely ladies are well sunshine is on its way so enjoy 👍
SueW

Jencat so good to hear from you and glad it’s going ok 👌

Meesh my boob hasn’t swelled but under my arm and towards the back has swelled slightly but I got onco appointment on 21st May and away until 10th so if it’s no better will ask at meeting as a bcn always in there unless it becomes worse then I shall call
It did swell whilst I was having rads but they said it can be from having to hold in the same position for a long time x
Runnerbean

Hi Meesh, i have suddenly gone sore and have a few scabs again. I put it down to having a few hot baths in a row last week. I like the water really hot so I’m sticking to showers for a while now. Have you done anything which may have aggravated things? xx
Meesh73

Hi Jencat! Not sure what happened yesterday but I know a few people said they couldn't get on the forum. Good to hear you've started rads, the time will fly by although it does seem like Groundhog Day!

I needed to call the bcn yesterday as nearly 8 weeks after rads my boob has swelled again and has a dull ache 😕 They have booked me in to have it looked at next week. I'm hoping it's just an after effect if rads but I'm not taking any chances. Has anyone else had this?
Jencat

Btw, what happened to the forum yesterday?! I kept trying to send a message, but it wouldn't let me! x

Jencat

Thank you all for your rads good wishes x 3 down, 22 to go! Finding my arms ache as so far I've had to keep them in the same position for about 40mins! (Found it slightly easier today as I took some paracetamol first) Also, having to keep holding my breath is quite tiring. I was better at it today, apparently yesterday I wasn't as good as Monday! I keep thinking it's only for 5 weeks, but at the moment it seems like a long time! xx

Chaffinch17

Hope first couple of rads have gone well Jencat. It’s no trouble after chemo. Soonbe done xx
Meesh73

Hello ladies!! Shi, Mishy there are some natural hair dyes that you could use but most of them use henna so if you did decide you wanted to chemically dye it again you'd have to wait for it to grow out. Lush do henna blocks and I was using these pre chemo anyway but they are a bit messy. Sante do a cream version and do quite a few colours, I'm thinking of having a go with that to see if it's less messy.

Jencat, good luck with the rads. I was very nervous it's the worry of the unknown again! Don't worry though you'll breeze through like we all have! Then you can join club Tropicana for the 💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻🔔🍹🍹
SueW

Good luck jencat

I am off to turkey 🇹🇷 today for 10 days so please don’t worry if I don’t post xx
Love and hugs x
buddyfan

👅🐧👅🐧🦄🦄🦄👅🐧🦄🐧To jencat. Good luck with rads.
Jencat

Starting radiotherapy at long last tomorrow! Feeling a little apprehensive now though! xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

On amazon mishy thanks for tips about more lush stuff 👍👍👍 another excuse for a shop 😁😁😁💕💕Shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy 😘😘they were 24pcs hair chalk by cheerful bargains Ltd £4.99 non toxic, so I was yep that’s just what I’m looking for. Thanks for tips on Claire’s 😁😁👍👍I did get a band with diamonties on before I started chemo as I saw a woman online who’d got one on as her hair started growing back and it looked pretty, glad yours is still growing well, hope to have a Naga munchetty from bbc news style by the summer 👍👍👍hers always looks nice 😘😘😘💕💕Shi xx