1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Claire-bell

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

So pleased to read the positive news about your genetics test Jencat! Brilliant news. Sorry to hear you've got a couple more weeks of rads than you thought- it's very tiring isn't it?! Be careful going back too soon. I went back to work full time four and a half weeks after last Radiotherapy session but found the first four weeks very hard coping with stress of a normal work day. I have found I'm less resilient and cope with conflict less effectively. I still get very tearful! So glad sun is shinning though and I'm managing to get some lovely walks in before work in the morning! Hugs to all x
Mishy18

Jencat over the moon for you re the genetics news my test app is 29th had the counselling meeting 2 weeks ago but son is saying he doesn't want me to have it he feels like its opening up old worries for the family and he couldn't cope with the news that i was a carrier im really upset about it because my daughter is all for it being a woman and a mother herself and also to keep me safe its quite unlikely i have it anyway hopefully but i have waited so long for the test i feel disappointed with his reaction to this x
SueW

Jencat fabulous news on genetics x yay 😀

Sorry to hear you need more rads but it’s all for a good reason and you will still be finished by the time we all meet in London xxx

I am so looking forward to London getting more excited by the day xx
Jencat

Thank you Sue, Shi and Meesh for your good wishes Smiley Happy

Bit of a mixed day today! I discovered at rads today that I've got 2 more weeks of radiotherapy than I thought! I was told I was having 25 sessions and as today was number 15, I thought I'd be starting boosters tomorrow. However, when the radiologists checked, we found that I'm having 25 normal sessions and then 10 boosters! I had a treatment review today as well, so I discussed it then and was told not to worry, I'm told having more radiotherapy than I thought, but because the dose I'm having is high, it's being done over a longer period so I don't get so sore. I'm a bit gutted though as I thought I'd be finishing on 5th June, but now it's not until the 19th. I thought I was 2/3rds of the way through, now I've not done even half. I know in the big scheme of things it''s only an extra of couple of weeks and as my daughter said, it should put my mind at rest that I'm having enough.

Not sure if I'll make it back to school by end of the term, the person who gave me my treatment review seemed doubtful! I think I'll have to see how it goes, but I want to try and stagger back before the end of term if I can!

On a positive note, I arrived back from hospital to find the post had come and a letter about the genetics test I took in March-I've been waiting 9 1/2 weeks for the results! The results were negative, which means I haven't passed anything onto my two daughters and not at anymore risk of ovarian cancer than anyone else-I'm so relieved! I've shed a few tears this afternoon! xx

Meesh73

Hello ladies! I've been a bit quiet as my folks have been here the last few days. I wouldn't let them visit until the kitchen was completely finished! They both loved it and we had a great time. We went to Holkham Hall yesterday and then had fish & chips 😋They went home this evening ☹️ I've got this week off and the weather looks like it'll be lovely 😊😊

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue nothing wrong with a bit of shoe living 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣you can never have too any pairs 👠👠👡👡👡👠👠👢👢👠👠👡👡👡👟👟👟👟👠👠👠👍👍👍👍😘😘hope everyone’s has glorious weekends 🌞🌞🌞💕💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Loving not living 🤣🤣
SueW

Hubby was being a grump didn’t let me watch I had to catch up today lol 😂
Thank you for your birthday wishes Hun xxx and living the shoes x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, these ones are ready to just stick on and would ping off easily, so it’s just if I want to go out in sandles, but im loving those espadrilles we’ve got so happily gliding about in them. Didn’t Meghan look beautiful and harry and her look so ❤️❤️❤️😁😁😁hoe everyone’s had lovely day and birthday girls 🦄🦄🦄🦄happy birthdays 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄💕💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Shi I am not sure you can put nail glue on to your skin to stick the nails on xx woukdvhate the glue to burn your skin xx
Well done jencat your nearl there lovely xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

You are doing great jencat 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Quick rads dance for you and bit of Nancy Sinatra these boots are made for walking on the jukebox for you jencat 👍👍👍👍as you walk all over the 😎😎😎🚤yeh meesh ive text you picture 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂good old amazon 👍👍👍👍not tried them yet but i’ll Give it a twally 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂jencat no thank god my toes feel so much better thank you now the chemo claw toe nails are off, the Chiropidist said she’d seen it happen before with chemo which was a relief. Hope everyone’s got amazing weekends planned ❤️❤️❤️💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

Shi, Didnt realise you could buy stick on toe nails 😂🤣😂I hope they're ok and not sore! 

Buddyfan, sorry to hear about the allergic reaction. You need to definitely stay away from those 🐛 🐛 Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Jencat, well done on the rads nearly half way there, you just keep slapping that cream on and airing it as much as you can and you'll be fine!

Kitchen is finally finished now, hoorah! I'm now off work for a week and my folks are coming to stay for a few days tomorrow 😊

Jencat

Thanks Shi Smiley Happy 13 down, 12 more to go! Feel a bit like I'm taking an exam in breathing, yesterday my breathes during rads were too deep, they neeeded to be more shallow!

Sorry to hear about your nails, hope it's not painful xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan 😘😘😘so glad you are ok and had a lovely time snorkelling and 🚤🚤🚤 enjoy yourself at hotel now and enjoy some more fine food and drinks. Jencat keep going 💪💪💪💪lady 😎😎😎 are ticking off for you now 😘😘😘hope that aloe Vera has helped 🥓🥓🥓😘😘😘karana hope you are escucho de discos 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻👍👍👍 went to Chiropidist yesterday and she too my claws sorry mangled up chemo big toe nails off 👍👍👍sorry tmi just thought I’d share got some stick on toe nails to try 😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Missing the wages but not the work going back 2nd week of July x
Jencat

Yes, more than half way tomorrow Sue Smiley Happy I found the breathing a bit tiring today, I didn't know there were so many ways to breathe! Smiley Happy I suppose once you've been told the number of rads you're having they're not increased?

Are you missing work yet?! xx

Jencat

Glad you're ok now Buddyfan and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. Where have you gone? xx

SueW

Jencat today you will be 12 down 13 to go and tomorrow you will be over half way x

Buddyfan enjoy the rest of your holiday
Love and hugs to all xx
buddyfan

Hi ladies, yes I’m ok. We were out of WiFi last week, cruising on a 6 guest, 10 crew boat as it wasn’t full. Lots of snorkelling, and being very well fed and watered. Second day was a little worrying as I think I had an allergic reaction to the dreaded caterpillar hairs. My eyes were hugely swollen, top and bottom and gunged up. Went to docs as I was worried because we were about to go out on the 7 night cruise. Anyway, consultation, steroid injection, prednisolone tablets, eye drops, some other tablets, paracetamol, final cost £17. That’s cheaper than uk, oh, except we don’t pay anything now.
Now at a hotel until Sunday, but now looks like OH has been caterpillared while we were zip lining.🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛🐛

Karebear, might be too late but if you’re holidaying in Europe, try Eurotunnel, (regardless of whether you’re using ET). They just want to know that your doc says you’re fit to travel. That’s it, no other medical questions for any ailments.
Jencat

I did wonder what twally meant but didn't want to look ignorant! Lol Smiley Happy xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘welcome jencat and how very turned into twally in My previous post is anyone’s guess 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂promise twally isn’t a local dialect word 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

Thanks for the advice Shi, I'll try and go to my H&B asap and buy some-I like the range you suggested. I use Dr O deodrant as it's paraben and alliminium free. It's more expensive, but it lasts for a long time xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh, hope the splashback that they have fitted looks nice and you are pleased with it 👍👍sorry to hear they have to finish off with other one though. Karana have a great holiday darling 🏖🏖🏖jencat, try the dr organic aloe Vera and tea tree gel from Holland and Barrett and keep it in the fridge it’s twally cooling and soothing for 🥓 skin. Meesh irs going to be lovely next week, you’ve picked a good week. Buddyfan hope your holiday has been everything you wanted it to be 😘😘please let us know you are ok ❤️❤️Sue sending you 🦄🦄🦄🦄 💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

Hi Sue, 11 down, 14 to go! Smiley Frustrated The radiographer said I was starting to look a bit red today-not my boob, but by my collar bone. She suggested I put Aloe Vera on it-ED has given me a large leaf from the plant, so I'm going to put some of the sap from it on me and hopefully that will help. Think I must be easily pleased, I'm getting quite chuffed if the radiographer's tell me my breathing is perfect! Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday xx

Jencat

Oh that's a disappointment Meesh! Smiley Sad Hope they manage to finish it on Thursday, I'm sure it will look lovely once it's done xx

Meesh73

Evening ladies! Well I thought today would be the day our kitchen gets finished, but alas no! They came and fitted one splashback but had forgotten to take all the measurements for the other one so hopefully they'll be coming back on Thursday to finish it ☹️

Buddyfan, haven't heard from you in a while hope you're doing ok? I've got 3 more days at work and then I'm off for a week 😊

Chaffinch17

Hi Karebear, I get a runny nose for the first 5 days or so and my nose feels odd a bit like when you’ve been hit in the face with a ball or something but not that bad. I sometimes also get an upset stomach for a couple of days. I’ve noticed the past couple of times that I seem to get a headache a couple of days after and a dry throat and cough as though I’m getting a cold. Fatigue for the first few days too, although today I feel pretty good despite still being on antibiotics and I had number 5 last Wednesday. Nothing I can’t cope with, I walk a lot and try to stay active and I find that help with any stiffness too. Hard to tell what’s treatment after effects or anastrazole or Herceptin related really. I didn’t realise until I looked it up on Saturday that we are prone to uti’s and respiratory infections because Herceptin dries out your mucus membranes. It can also lower your immunity generally but not on the same scale as chemo. I’m back on my cranberry juice which I think saved me from a couple of uri’s during chemo and I’m going to go back to having a teaspoon of Manuka honey daily too which I also did during chemo. Hope you are getting on ok with it, it’s a long old slog but we’ll get through x
Karebear

Chaffinch what side effects are you having from herceptin injections. Am getting number 2 on wednesday
Chaffinch17

Hi all, sorry not been on here for a bit. I’ve been busy painting my kitchen cupboards ready for getting new flooring, work surface and sink. Us fitbit ladies haven’t abandoned you all x
Had a bit of a slow down reminder this weekend with a uti. Had 5th Herceptin on Wednesday and the dude effects from that seem to be accumulating.
Hope you are all doing well and can see the light at the end of the tunnel x
SueW

Jencat what number rads you up to now and how are they going ? Xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have a great time cassie ❤️❤️Great tune meesh 😋😋😋😋that sounds yum, hope everyone’s had the lovely weather today 🌞🌞🌞💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

Cassie, enjoy nickelback!

Had a great day at the food festival yesterday with folks and my sis, I spent a fortune but did buy some really delish sour 🍒 curd and some elderflower fudge too 😋😋😋
WhyteFawn

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!! Off pony riding soon then down to Nottingham to see nickelback this evening. Really excited!! Here's 9ne if my favourites for you all

https://youtu.be/lrXIQQ8PeRs
Runnerbean

Shi I can’t remember what she used but it was 100% natural and the colour was chocolate. I was a bit worried it might wash out very quickly but it seems to be ok
Jencat

Yes, she did well, it must have been very scary, poor girl x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hopefully they will let her sing again .
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Think our girl surie has just done us very well at eurovision after that random jumped on stage and snatched her microphone. Well done kid 👍👍👍you did us proud 😘😘😘💕💕Shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Runnerbean 👍👍👍really pleased your hair dye has worked well 😘😘😘which one did you end up going for and is it all natural products in it? 💕💕Shi xx
Runnerbean

Had my hair coloured with a natural dye yesterday. I would say after spending most of last night inspecting it that it has blended in the grey rather than covering it all. It’s a lot better than it was though so overall I’m happy with it
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali 😘😘thanks for letting us know cherry b is doing well 👍👍👍great news, please send her our ❤️❤️❤️ Hope everyone has 🌞🌞🌞weekend got to be a bit of Buck’s Fizz making your mind up on jukebox as it’s eurovision tonight 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Karebear I used an insurance company called allclear
Younputbin all your details and they runs comparidon to see who will insure you x
There is a free phone number or you can get a quote on line

https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/
Ali49

I had short, dyed blonde hair Meesh so this grey/white is a bit of change to say the least! I dont want to go back to my old blonde so thought platinum would be a nice change!!

Shi CherryB is doing great. Got clear margins after lumpectomy and cavity shave and just waiting to start rads!

Xx
Karebear

What travel insurance are you ladies using
SueW

Shi think I will try mine tomorrow worst case scenario it looks rubbish and I have to wash it out lol
Haven’t read instructions yet so if mine needs sealing with straightness I won’t be able to do that lol xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana 🏖🏖🏖sounds great and you enjoy it you super trooper 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Ali 😂🤣😂🤣😂I wish it was long enough for straighteners, it’s still only about a centimetre 🤣😂🤣😂🤣hows cherry b doing by the way we think about her and hope she is doing ok 👍👍😘😘Buddyfan hope you are having great holiday too 🏖🏖🏖Sue be loo let me know when you are trying the chalks and we can have a go together and play 🦄 hair 😁😁😁💕💕xx
Meesh73

Karen, the break sounds lovely. Hope you're embracing your curly hair 😊 

Ali, what colour was your hair prior to chemo, platinum sounds cool!

Shi/ Sue good luck with those chalks, let us know how you get on with them 😊

Ali49

Karen - i think a breakn8n Majorca sound l9vely and just what you need!! Enjoy x
karana23

Meesh glad you got the ok from onc too....and it was a nicer one....it’s a worry when we can feel these lumps and bumps...you would think they shld warn us really!! Xx
karana23

Thanks ladies 😘😘

Look at us being able to talk about hair....not long ago we didn’t have any!!!  I’m liking the idea of being platinum too 😊 at the minute tho mine seems to be growing round in circles....can’t really do anything with it and it seems curly 😱 

Weve booked a mini break and off to Majorca for 5 days.... come out of pub on Tues and then off on Wed...think I will be exhausted by then so will be well needed!!

😘😘😘😘

Ali49

Great news Meesh and Karana!! Onwards and upwards ladies!

My hair is great too! Dark grey with quite a bit of white. I am hoping to get ot coloured at the end of May and think i am going to go platinum!! The hairdresser is going to do a patch test first and use a natural dye! Shi i am very jealous if your hair is long enough for straighteners!

I had my 8th Herceptin today - 5th jab! It was a nurse from a different unit and she gave me it in the front of my thigh!! A bit sore tonight but its never been sore before.

Goid night all xxx