1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

buddyfan

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Zoladronic acid update. I have definitely had a more achy week than my normal. But I think it hits any weak areas. So my back has taken the brunt of it. The painkillers I take for my neuropathc pain (dihydrocodeine) plus loratadine hay fever, seem to help.
Jencat

Thank you Sue and Shi xx

Thought I'd got 12 more to do, but found out yesterday I've only got 7 more Smiley Happy I start the boosters next Wednesday and I'm going to have two per session instead of one, so now finishing a week earlier! (Didn't know you could have more than one booster at a time) Finishing on the 12th now, although yesterday me and YD signed up for a couple of therapies, so will still go back for that.

You're not keen on the hotpants then Sue?! Smiley Happy I've still got the hotpants I used to wear! My ED wore them when she went to a 70's themed party! xx  

SueW

🤣🤣. Shi you are crazy lol I would get done for indecent exposure x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope you are doing ok jencat, that’s a few more 😎😎🥓🥓🥓done this week you are nearly there lovely keep 💪💪💪💪 sue’s got in the hotpants 👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💕💕💕shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue be loo, your ass will fit in the hotpants, I got your hubby to post me your measurement 👍👍👍👍you me Karana and meesh are doing Macarena on the tables just now 💃🏻🕺💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕Shi xx
SueW

Jencat hugs to you how many left ? X

My ass is not fitting in any hot pants no matter what colour 🤣🤣🤣

Hope everyone is ok xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘😘we all care on here ❤️❤️❤️ We’ve been so lucky with our beautiful thread, proper mates 👭👭👭👭 always, I mean come on, bet you never shared meesh’s bum buttering tips with anyone else but us 😁😁😁although I did share with a ladies husband while I was on rads telling him about our amazing thread, his face was a picture 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 mishy, you have us all camping in your back yard if Kylies on up there 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Come on come on dooooo the locomotion with us, you gotta swing your hips now 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

Look forward to wearing the silver hotpants Shi! Smiley Happy xx

Glad I've got everyone on here for support, people who haven't had bc don't seem to get how difficult it is at times. Surprisingly though a collegue who had bc sometime ago, is one of the least sympathetic! I don't understand that, I'd like to think I'm more empathetic now xx

Mishy18

Im trying to get tickets shes playing Newcastle 💃💃💃💃
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻our kylies touring girls, let’s grab our gold hot pants and get there 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Buddyfan have you got that speedboat ready lovely lady trains getting nearer now jencats stomping through the rads, meesh you’ll be able to put the 🔫🔫🔫away soon 😁😁😁😁 got to be kylies locomotion on the jukebox 🤣😂🤣😂🤣🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕💕Shi xx
buddyfan

Shi, I think we deserve a world tour!
Mishy18

How lovely of Kylie to mention Breast cancer care as her named charity to support, she put it on her twitter feed a lovely post about each decade of her life and how a decade ago she got through bc treatment and has achieved so much since with support from fans freinds and family and BCCare what a gal eh, i tweeted on her feed along with many others how BCCare forum got me and all you lovely ladies through our darkest times with support 💖 and plenty of laughter amongst the madness of it all happy 50th to Kylie 💖
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘keep pacing yourself darling, keep the fluids going, get air to skin and cream cream cream you are nearly there 💪💪💪💪lady and we are all waving your new silver hotpants ready for you to slip into when you join us on the tables 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻👍👍😘😘💕💕💕Shi xx
Jencat

I can tell I'm tired, I can't string a sentence together properly!  I meant to say I'm getting more tired, not more getting tired!  Smiley Happy xx

Jencat

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes, I've really appreciated them x

Found last week quite hard-it was the anniversary of my mum's death, YD had boyfriend problems and I was told I'd got an extra 2 weeks of rads-I know in the big scheme of things it's not long, but found it difficult to get my head round it and also being told I might not get back to school before the end of term.

Feel a bit better about it all this week, although more getting tired, (slept all yesterday pm and I didn't even go to rads!) think it's a mixture of the journey and the rads. Also quite sore now, especially by my collar bone and under my arm-they said today not to use deodrant on that side-I'll have to make sure everyone sits on my right side, lol! Smiley Happy

SueW

Hi Ali you can only have 10 on the Fitbit group unfortunately we have 10 already however I am happy to add you on a new one and be on 2 but I must ore warn you I am not much competition 🤣🤣
Just text me your email address xx
Ali49

How can i join you ladies on the fitbit? Got myself one today in the hope it will motivate me. Otherwise i will have a life of kaftans!!! Xxx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, thanks for tips on hair band things 😘😘oooo new sofa 👍👍👍👍how lovely, good excuse for curtain and cushion shopping definitely 👍👍👍 where are we fancying then ladies for Buddyfan to whisk us off to on the 🚤🚤🚤 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞Buddyfan where do you recommend 😘😘😘😘💕💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

Shi, 😂🤣😂🤣😂 Ooh er mrs! frisky text 😈😈
Mishy18

Ladies if any of you are at the unruly hair stage i got some hair band scarf tie thingys from Claires really good for taming the bits that want to stand up makes my mullet type thing look more like a style ☺️
Mishy18

Ooh Shi that sounded abit rude haha 😉 those predictive text gremlins must be feeling frisky 😈
What a glorious day just having a quick catch up then back into garden got excited before had a text to say sofa will be delivered on 28th ooh need to go curtain and cushion shopping i think 😆
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Whisking is off not whacking is off 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣text gremlins about 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat hope your rads are going ok lovely. Keep going we’ve got your champagne waiting 🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂me, sue meesh and Karana are on the tables dancing 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁 Buddyfan getting the speedboat prepped at the launch for when we get our train 🚂 in 👍👍👍then she’s whacking us off 👍👍👍👍👍💕💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

I think I'd be happy just to reduce them from sweats to flushes! Weirdly they did seem to reduce when I changed brand of tamoxifen so I'm going to keep an eye on that too.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Not a miracle cure by any means but worth a try .
Meesh73

Thanks Jill! I've tried acupuncture and that seemed to help reduce the daytime ones but the nights ones wake me every two hours ☹️The acupuncturist told me not to go back to her as it wasn't working so I'm now looking for a new remedy. Might try the knicker magnets then 😊

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi ladies ,Ladycare Magnet seems to work in reducing hot flushes for me - I didn't think it was working so stopped using mine and the flushes were much worse - started wearing it again - took about 3/4 weeks and they are much less frequent again - worth a try .
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Buddyfan, I’ve got some stick on toe nails off amazon that you just peel and stick on, so don’t use glue or anything so soft on skin. Only for if I’ve got sandles on and really pleased with them. I do put. Antibacterial hand stuff round my toes too from the hand sanitiser just be sure all bacteria’s getting blitzed. Meesh if magnets in your knickers stop hot flushes then I’m up for trying that, I’m getting a couple a day at the moment. Ali and Jellytot lovely to hear from you ❤️❤️❤️ And 100% agree Jellytot without all of your love support friendship and everything else we’ve been through together it would not have been the amazing 🤣😂🤣😂🤣❤️❤️❤️❤️💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🍾🍾🏖🏖🏖journey we got our train tickets for back on Oct, 👭👭👭👭friends always 💕💕Shi xx
buddyfan

Shi, have you put anything your toes that have lost toenail? I've totally lost one now. It's not inflamed or infected, but I'm a bit concerned about knocking the toe. Plus it looks horrible with no toe nail.
buddyfan

Ali, so far so good with Z.acid. They said it could give flu like, achy symptoms, but I'm always a bit crocked anyway!🤣😅🤣
Meesh73

Hi Ali, glad to hear you're doing ok even if the SEs from the herceptin and letrozole are giving you a few problems. Is your hair growing through curly? If it is then that'll be why it's getting thicker rather than longer. Unfortunately growing out curly hair can take a long while as it grows out rather than down so you've got some big hair to look forward to 😂🤣😂

Mishy to make the curl cream you melt the coconut oil and shea butter together and then mix in the aloe Vera gel. I make mine using 1 tbsp of each (3tbsp in total) and put it in a small jar as it lasts ages.

Jellytot, lovely to hear from you!

Jencat, keep going with those rads.

Sorry ladies, I'm going to mention nether regions again! You can always rely on me fir that 😂🤣😂🤣 My mum knows someone who recommended magnets in your knickers for menopausal symptoms apparently it's working for her. I had a quick look into it you can get them from boots but they're £35 and I also read that it's some money making scam that doesn't work. Not sure what to do now, £35 is a lot if it doesn't work but worth it if it does 😕 Has anyone else heard about it or tried it? 

Jelly tot

Hi all, lovely to hear everyone is getting on ok and some are doing lovely normal things again!-we've been through a lot ladies and we can still laugh!
I've got a meeting with work next week , I'm also going to ask for part time as the Herceptin side effects are raging, same as others stiff aching joints, dodgy tummy etc. I've just started on tamoxifen too but I was already aching so maybe won't notice any change.
Had a hair cut, apparently it looks like a style now according to my hubby anyway!
So lovely to have travelled this journey with you ladies, would have been very lonely without you!
Love to all and hoping you enjoy the weekend xxx
Karebear

Hi ali49
Am on the herceptin injections as well and i feel like an old women. It seems to be making my joints ache especially my knees. Your symptoms are exactly the same as yours.
Is there anything i can do to ease the pain
Xx
Jencat

Morning everyone Smiley Happy Just a quick hello as I'm off to rads, but wanted to let you know that I'm ok and thank you all so much for your lovely wishes xx

SueW

Ali I loved turkey 🇹🇷 I am off to Bulgaria on 11th June needs must before I return to school 🤣🤣

I am going back on 12th July too but we break up on 21st July so will only do a couple of days then a week but on part time reintegration

Doctor has also said he will instruct I only do part time up to October half term so we’ll done my doctor
I will do a couple of hours every day week 1 then increase it by half hour or an hour each day per week after that x

I got a meeting with headteacher today to clarify some points on my new job role and I am going to ask for a pay rise maybe now is not a good time to ask after all this time off sick but hey ho 🤣🤣

Anyway love and hugs to all xx 😘

Ali49

Hi All, just checking in and catching up.

Great news about your genetics test Jencat. Delighted for you! Hope rads are still going well.

SueW hope you enjoyed turkey and are ok. I am going back to work on 12th July for just a couple 9f days a week til we finish on 25th. Not looking forward to it but has to be done.

Buddyfan, how did it go with the Zelondronic acid?

I am good but feeling ancient at the same time. I think the 3 weekly Herceptin and the daily Letrozole is taking its toll. I have a sore nose too Chaffinch. I also have watery eyes, uoset tummy on and off and an ach8ng body with heavy legs. When i stand up after sitting down i have to give my knees a while to loosen up. I have also put a few pounds on in weight and i hate it!! My hair is growing but seems to be getting thicker quicker than its getting longer and i still dont see me when i look in the mirror!!!

I am so glad my treatment and wig wearing was in the winter though as i couldnt stand it in this warmer weather.

We have a huge weeken in Liverpool this week as liverpool are in the Champions League final and the tall ships are in. So great hav9ng the wonderful weather to enjoy it all in.

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok and moving forward. LOTS OF LOVE Ali xx
Mishy18

Thanks Meesh gonna make me some of that i reckon once its longer I'll love it ive always loved to see curly hair on others xxx
Meesh73

I use my homemade curl cream which is made of equal parts coconut oil, shea butter and aloe Vera gel. I only use it straight after washing it, You only need a tiny pea size amount and it can make it look a bit "wet look" but the next day I just wet it and style it with my fingers and leave to dry and it doesn't look wet then. You use the same as wax. Curly hair is better the longer you leave it after washing it. I have always found mine looks rubbish the day I wash it as it tends to go soft and fluffy. I also find washing it with conditioner only helps calm down the fluffiness.

Mishy18

Thanks for the tips Meesh can you recommend a good styling product as it tends to look very frizzy after a couple of hours and styling wax makes it look greasy at times i have bought some nice band tie things and a lovely navy and white headband to try to help never thought id be saying this but its getting on my nerves atm as top is still to short to lay down haha xxx
SueW

Just checking in to see how your all doing x
Love and hugs to all xx
Meesh73

Hi Mishy, growing out curly hair can be a bit of a mare. I've just been having mine trimmed at the back to avoid the mullet look. I've gone for a bit of an inverted bob. Only other tips I have is ditch your brush and comb and wash it sparingly, I wash mine twice a week once with conditioner only and once with shampoo and conditioner. You'll probably get through more conditioner than shampoo as curly hair tends to be drier.
buddyfan

Nurse has said toe nails look ok not inflamed. Despite being green. Yuk. She said don't pull them off, ok to tape them up.
ladybowler

Jencat

Oh mate I can understand your frustration at the extra rads, but as your daughter said it is only an extra couple of weeks and then you will be done knowing that they have given you the best treatment.

Oh that is wonderful news about the genetics and such a relief for you all.

Sending you hugs xxx

buddyfan

Jencat, great news. I'm so pleased for you.

Shi, my big toe nails are coming off. One is only just hanging on. I was pretty sure they would detach because they were compromised by fungal infection years ago. So only half nail bed to start with. Is it painful? I've taped mine on as I didn't want them coming off in an uncontrolled manner on holiday. Especially wearing fins for hours each day. Nurse has just said they are going to look at them.
buddyfan

Just sitting in chemo unit, waiting for zoladronic acid infusion
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unicorngirlmummy ❤️❤️❤️To you darling, thinking of you and hope you have been getting effective treatments to 🥊🥊🥊it to space 💪💪💪💪you are amazing 💕💕💕mishy, I’m so pleased you love ok like you have decided to do the test, just you look in your Ella’s eyes knowing you are doing it to protect her 💕💕💕💕that’ll give you 💪💪💪and you’ve is on here for 👭👭👭👭. And what’s this about a mullet you are rocking??? I’m looking like a walnut whip, it’s kind of wavy 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣we are still in the kinder surprise phase though we still don’t know what it’s going to be like till it’s a bit longer, good job we’ve chef meesh and her curl cream, looks like we are all going to be mixing up a batch. Jencat tune for you my darling blonde, heart of glass 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Good summer tune to dance the 😎😎😎🥓🥓😎😎😎to, dj Karana, please do the honours, thanks 💕💕💕Shi xx
Unicorngirlmummy

Jencat, so lovely to read this! I’m thrilled for you. Sorry you need more radiotherapy than expected. It’s hard when you’d set your hopes on that date. Xx
Mishy18

I did indeed fight hard for it girls, its a shame he feels like this i had a horrible feeling he would he never dealt with it well when it was going on, but you are right Shi it was always about protecting them more than me, i have got the chance and need to take it, i think he just wants to think that this experience is all something that was horrible and its now in the past and it can stay there but unfortunately life isn't always that black and white most people who have the test are negative hopefully that will be the case for me and as my Grandma used to say " right enough about that" and if its positive i will deal with it
Meesh any tips for curly hair im having more bad hair days than good atm 😨 its at that awkward can't do anything with it length can you believe it already and am afraid to admit i think i might soon have a mullet 😂😂😂😂😂
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘😘👍👍👍👍so very pleased for you my lovely 💪💪💪amazing friend that gene test is negative, wonderful, wonderful news and tears of relief are natural response, I was the same. Sorry you have a bit more 😎😎🥓🥓🥓😎😎😎to do bit good to know your oncs doing a 🥊🥊🥊🥊job on it. Mishy 👭👭👭😘😘he’s just being protective of his mam and doesn’t want you worrying darling. He will understand you are doing it for you, his sister and also him, because of you do carry it, he could carry it too and pass it on to his children too, you are doing it to give you and them options if you do carry it. It’s not an easy decision to make to take it, but it’s a decision all of us who have been faced with taking it would have been nuts to not take as at least we know one way or another and it does give you options. ❤️❤️❤️My tooon fighter matey 💕💕💕Shi xx
Meesh73

Jencat, that's brilliant news about the genetics test, sorry to hear your rads is longer than you thought but you'll get through it!

Mishy, sorry to hear your son isn't on board with the test as you had to fight hard to get it done didn't you? 

Im so excited about our meet up! 🤗🤗🤗