Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

10,791 REPLIES 10,791
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

😘 buddyfan and we know your pants are neoprene too 😘 unless you go diving in silk ones and not told us 😳💕💕✨✨shi xx

Thanks for the info ladies. The pants made me laugh. Xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan, it’s good to see your nhs team being so proactive ❤️ Don’t make any decisions about Maldives just yet. You could still go and then just tweak your plans around what’s comfortable for you to do when you are there ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Buddyfan. From my experience the mastectomy wasnt so bad. I had my surgery on the wednesday, the following saturday I went to london for the weekend. Was a bit careful about carrying heavy bags, when I remembered. I often forgot. I only took paracetamol as a pain killer after surgery and by the sunday I was forgetting to take them. Now my right side is still a little weaker than it use to be but i dont favour it at all. I went back horse riding 6 weeks after surgery but that was mainly as i was still recovering from chemo. Sending hugs xx

His buddyfan, so sorry to hear about what you’re going though at the moment but glad to hear that you are being well looked after by the NHS. We all have a lot to thank them for. We may not be active in the forum much these days but we are never far away if needed. You can always count on our support 😘 I’ll ask Cassie to pop over with regards to your mastectomy question x

@buddyfan wrote:
Well, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm probably going to have to cancel our Maldives holiday in January. I couldn't sleep worrying about it so at 5am I called the oncology nurse answerphone and asked if I could pay to get a quick scan. I was called at about 9:45 to let me know she had spoken to the breastcare team and they were going to chase up when the ct scan will be. Called again at 10:30 by bct. So again,hurrah the NHS. My scan is Sunday week, multi discipline meeting the following Wednesday, so they've booked me an apt that wed pm. Again, hurrah. I asked how long the healing process takes after masectomy or lumpectomy. She said about the same and thought I might still be able to go on holiday. Trouble is, I know there will be alot of climbing vertical step ladders after snorkelling, which is tricky with my one good arm anyway. As that one Good arm is also on the side of my cancer I think that is asking for trouble so soon after the op. Those of you that had mastecomy, how long did it take you to heal, so you could pull on that side's arm?

Well, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm probably going to have to cancel our Maldives holiday in January. I couldn't sleep worrying about it so at 5am I called the oncology nurse answerphone and asked if I could pay to get a quick scan. I was called at about 9:45 to let me know she had spoken to the breastcare team and they were going to chase up when the ct scan will be. Called again at 10:30 by bct. So again,hurrah the NHS. My scan is Sunday week, multi discipline meeting the following Wednesday, so they've booked me an apt that wed pm. Again, hurrah. I asked how long the healing process takes after masectomy or lumpectomy. She said about the same and thought I might still be able to go on holiday. Trouble is, I know there will be alot of climbing vertical step ladders after snorkelling, which is tricky with my one good arm anyway. As that one Good arm is also on the side of my cancer I think that is asking for trouble so soon after the op. Those of you that had mastecomy, how long did it take you to heal, so you could pull on that side's arm?

Buddyfan, sorry you're having a rough time of it. We are always here for you, just let us know what you need. Sending hugs 😘 

Community Champion

There is /fulvestrant-faslodex which I think is quite new ? and  Exemestane - which you can try I think Buddyfan.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan, that’s a good oncologist you’ve got there 👍 keep us posted on treatment plan 😘have a look through forum or start new thread to ask about alternatives to letrasole😘I am sure others will have some ideas and also use the ask the nurse facility on here too, they might have a link with info for you 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Well said buddyfan 🥊🥊🥊I’ve just read what you have put. Jill thanks for sending link for buddyfan. I’ve asked Hannah to also post same info on the unsurvivors thread that has been started too. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

My oncologist has just phoned @7pm, so hurrah the NHS. After the ct scan, she's hoping everything else will still be stable. In which case, I will be back under the knife for further lumpectomy or mastectomy and maybe rads. They didn't do rads before as I think they were saving that for further down the line with my bone mets as it can help to stop the pain. She thought it most likely that this reoccurence is the original positive margins rearing up again. Therefore they are going to try a different med as well. Anyone know what they use instead of letrasole?

Thanks Jill. I've made my comments know.
Community Champion

Here is the response from BCN to the concerns about the "Unsurvivors " campaign . https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/Is-it-just-me/td-p/1305715

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan, please voice your opinion on the in survivors thread, I’ve asked the mods to have a look at the thread because people’s feeling, thoughts and opinions matter ❤️💕💕✨✨shi xx

Community Champion

Buddyfan

Here you are my darling the big pants, in two versions, because it is Strictly time we have the spangly ones as well. I do hope that they make you smile

Helena xxxtough pants.jpg

gold hotpants.jpg

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Buddyfan

Just wanted to send you lots of love and hugs. Can't do it from my phone but will be winging a pair of our virtual big pants to you later as i am on my mobile and rubbish at doing it on here.

We are all with you and climbing into the deep pockets in them to hold your hands 

Helena xxx

Thank you. I was looking around for the message board of inspiring stories. Can't seem to find it now. I think this forum is good as I can cry my heart out to you. ❤❤❤ why are these hearts black! That's all I need. Not sure I like this new set up. At some point it was referring to us ladies with mets as unsurvivors. Ffs what were they thinking of. On a high note, I've been on loads of holidays I would never have done without the cancer raising it's head. Just have to think of the silver linings.

Hi buddyfan,

I still come on to the forum as I'm not on F B and I know Shi comes on here regularly.

I'm so sorry to read about the recurrence and understand why you're feeling so upset-that's the beauty of the forum that everybody here understands what you're going through. As supportive as our love ones are, they can't totally understand in the same way as others on the forum do and also we don't want them to worry, I know I tended to bottle up my fears to them.

Thinking of you and sending a big hug,

Jencat xx

Hi Buddyfan. I'm sorry things are a bit crappy for you. We are all still here for you anytime you need us. Sending big hugs xxxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan ❤️ Jellytot just tipped us off you’ve posted but she is unable to log on just now. 👭👭we are always here for you 👭👭 so talk away on here ❤️ Have you thought about any of the secondary threads, there are lots on there who have had secondaries for a while who would be a fountain of knowledge and support for you too ❤️❤️The other option is to use the ask the nurse facility too ❤️❤️ You are an amazing lady buddyfan, now as you said in our train, chain those thought to the back of the carriage and drag them behind 🥊🥊💪💪🥊🥊🥊 😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

I don't know how many of you still look at this but I'm having such a 💩 time. At my last scan review, although the onc thought everything was ok I could feel a lump near the site of my lumpectomy. Biopsy showed it to be cancer so I'm waiting for a new ct scan and review date. I know I should try to be optimistic but it's just not happening. I just keep dissolving into floods of tears. I'm just hoping writing my feelings might help to get the helpless feeling out of my system. I think you're all on FB aren't you? I can't do that as my husband also sees that. He is my rock, I need that so I don't want to upset him. He would totally listen to me and be supportive but I need a different sort of support from him. I can't explain it.

Brilliant xxx

Fab news 😊

Great news Jencat! Glad it was all ok for you. Yes our manky boobs will never be the same but at least we’re still here 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁👍😁💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️wonderful news Jencat 😁😁😁👍👍👍👍so pleased for you 😁😁😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Great news Jencat !!!

Thank you all very much for your support x Good news, mammogram was clear and everything felt fine when the consultant examined me Smiley Happy My uncomfy hard breast is 'normal', it's scar tissue and apparently it will never feel like my other one again Smiley Sad  xx

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and so glad that those of you that have had mammograms were fine Smiley HappyHeart I will let you know how I get on!

I don't know why I feel so anxious because I don't think anything has changed since my oncologist checked me and said the hard area is scar tissue and normal. I'm just worried with everything that has been going on that I've not been so vigilant and might have missed something.  Also, my consultant is very good, but I find her a bit scary! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️👭👭❤️for today Jencat 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hope all is well this afternoon Jencat, we will be with you in spirit 😘 I had mine back in June and thankfully all was fine x
Community Champion

Good luck Jencat

Hi Jencat,

Sending you hugs for this afternoon. I had my mammogram about a month ago and had appt with consultant last Friday. All was ok. I also have a hard bit round my nipple where the scar is which is sometimes sore. I think we all have strange lumps & bumps now and we all get that fear when we have these appts. Hopefully it will all be ok for you too! Let us know how you get on 😘😘

Jencat I did get your lovely letter thank you it arrived yesterday 

will be with you in spirit holing your hand lovely lady x 

jellytot also sends her love but is struggling to log on 

love and hugs to you x I am still on same number if you need me xxxxxx

Need your good thoughts this pm lovely Oct ladies, seeing my consultant for the results of my mammogram. Feeling really anxious about it xx

Thank you Sue x Hopefully you've now received a letter from me xx

Hi jencat hope you had a fabulous birthday lovely lady x big hugs xx

Thank you Shi for my card, that's really kind of you! I've not opened them yet, but there's a couple with writing that I don't recognise, so hopefully one of them's yours! 60! How did that happen?! I suppose I won't be asked if I could be pregnant anymore at the hospital! Smiley Surprised

That's a nice idea to still buy yourself something from your Dad-I often used to buy mine from Dad when he was alive, so I could do that too. 

Hope your mammogram was ok if you've had it yet and all the lovely Oct'17 ladies. I've got mine tomorrow morning and feeling anxious about it! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭❤️❤️for tomorrow Jencat 😘😘hope your card has arrived ok that I’ve sent for your birthday. You could release a balloon to your dad on the day so you feel you’ve included him ❤️❤️ I still buy myself a birthday and Christmas pressie each year from my dad, it’s just my  Way of ensuring I still celebrate with him even though no longer here. 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hello lovely Oct '17 ladies! Smiley Happy

Just came on here to say hello to you all and realised I hadn't replied to your kind messages, I'm so sorry. I hope you're all doing well. 

I've got a bit of a mixed week coming up-my mammogram is on Thursday morning, which I'm beginning to feel anxious about. My breast has still got a hard bit, which my onc has said is scar tissue, but I've started worrying it's not! (Results on the 20th when I see my consultant) Then on Friday it's my 60th birthday, which will be difficult without my dad, I always celebrated my birthday with him. I know I've been lucky to have been able to spend so many birthdays with him xx

Hi Jencat,

its good to hear from you but im sorry you're not doing so well at the moment, sending ❤️ and hugs. As the others have said when you get your new phone perhaps you can join us on what's app. The walk was good if a little wet but we battled through and it was good to meet up and have a chat 😊

Mishy, Jay lovely to hear from you both too. Hope you're both doing ok!

Hi Jencat, sending love to you and your family. Hope the counselling helps you and as always we are all here for you if you need us. Once you have your new phone maybe you can join us on WhatsApp? xx

Hi jencat. Sending love to you and your family. When you have your suitably middle aged phone get yourself over to WhatsApp we’ll take care of you xx Had a great time on the walk yesterday despite the mud, gradient and rain. We’re all a little bit broken today but over £3,000 has been raised for this great charity 😊
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, good to hear from you ❤️ Its grieving Jencat 😘😘I am glad you are going to get some support for yourself and daughters 👭👭 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Go go go all you ladies taking part in today's walk/run at Chatsworth - hope it goes well.    Love Jay68 - May 2017 chemo starter! x

Thank you Shi  for your message and for putting my name on your pink ribbon, that's really lovely x  Love to you and all the Oct'17 girls x

Good luck to you all on the walk today-sorry I'm not mentioning you by name, but I don't know who's going. I'll be thinking of you all and look forward to hearing all about it! (A picture on our thread maybe?) 

Shi mentioned you'd been asking about me, that's really kind of you, thank you. I'm up and down, more down really. Myself and my girls are struggling without Dad, there hasn't been a day yet where I haven't had a cry.Our local hospice has offered me some grief counselling, which I'm going to start in a couple of weeks time and which hopefully will help. I'm also 'mourning' leaving work suddenly-my daughter and I were going to nurse Dad at home and I couldn't cope with work as well. I think in time I'll probably realise that was the best decision even although Dad died soon after I'd decided to leave.

Sue W I think you said you'd text me-thank you, my phone's not receiving them!  YD and I plan to go phone shopping next week! My laptop's not working either-I fell asleep the other day with a cup of tea in my hand.....! I'm using YD's laptop at the moment. I noticed she'd left a tab open which said 'what sort of phone is suitable for a middle aged woman who's not good with technology?' ! Smiley Happy  xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat and buddyfan you are on my pink ribbon too, sorry last post didn’t read right 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat and buddyfan ❤️❤️Sending ❤️❤️ And mishy 18 I’ve put you on my pink ribbon for the bcc walk at chatsworth on Saturday ❤️❤️ 👭👭and don’t know what weather has been like in your areas, but I wish the rain would clear off to Spain on the plane 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻To quote Eliza Doolittle 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Lovely to hear from you Mishy 😊. Glad that things with your family are going well. I’m not surprised that you have your narky moments. I find that I’m far less tolerant than I used to be. I’ve always needed time alone but I get really peopled out these days and can’t stand stand bickering about little things, I just want to tell people to get real 😂. Enjoy your summer activities and hopefully the weather will improve again soon too xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy ❤️❤️You are not a narky git ❤️❤️You are 😁😘wonderful, so good to hear that ella’s Taking after her nana 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️Nowt wrong with a bit of fistey 🥊🥊😁😁as you’ve shown us 💪💪terrific lady 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hello lovely ladies been a while hope you are all welj Shi has passed on your messages Jencat thanks😊

Buddy hope yov are getting along ok too Im chugging alng ok atm apart frm the odd meltdown 😨 I def have noticed how bad tempered i can be these days 😠😂 my OH thinks im a narky git 

Apart from the bc stuff everything is great son graduating july daughter doing well at work and my grandaughter is amazing a proper little headstrong girl 🖒 im also doing loads of lovely stuff i have a jam packed summer packed 😊 

Thanks for all the 👭 enjoy summer ladies 😙