353215posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Sorry you missed the concert Sue, sounds like a good day with your friend though.
Mishy, sorry to hear about your fall, hopefully no harm done x I love the Geordie accent.
Hope you get home soon Runnerbean x
Meesh, very jealous of Wonder Woman pants!
Good day with YD and hubby today, chilled morning and got Christmas cake iced then got Christmas shopping finished this afternoon. Strictly was great happy with result not my first choice but a worthy winner. Hubby didn’t sleep well last night so went to bed early. watched Michael Macintyre Big show with my daughter and then she was asking me about treatment etc so we got into in depth chat about what it’s really like and how great you ladies are. Hence why I’m posting so late I seem to be on student time 🙄.
Night all x
Highlighted

Just catching up had a lovely time with my friend and her hubby who came over to cheer me up xx

Mishy hope it’s only your ego that’s bruised and not you physically

Sharon hurry home tomorrow x get well soon Hun x

I want a fur baby but after reading about temperamental cats I don’t think I want a cat ha ha x

Hope everyone has a good night rest x

I was a little sad earluet as I had tickets for the shaggy and maxi priest concert at nec arena but decided against going duevto chemo yesterday and risk of infection etc myvfrirnd still went and I gave her my ticket to take some one with her but she has videoed some of it and put it on my fb so got to see a little bit xx

Highlighted

Good night everyone 🛏💤💤💤
Highlighted

Night Karen! Yes it was def not a good day!!! 😨
Highlighted

It was really embarrassing Meesh im pleased i was near my daughters car so it wasn't far to do the walj of shame, isn't it amazing how a baldy head gets everyone wanting to help, i was worried incase i had hurt myself just being fresh out of chemo (for healing) it was just my pride thst was hurt!!!
Highlighted

Mishy it must have been horrible...not a nice day for you at all....let’s hope that’s your bad luck over with!!

I’m now in bed too...still sounds quite busy downstairs.. but reckon I can quite easily fall asleep!!

Nite ladies 😘😘💤😘😘
Highlighted

Love the Brummie accent since watching Peaky Blinders!!! I hate my accent it's really strong im a, Geordie but live very central to city so accent is stong, i think we sound thick sometimes even at work i have to have my work voice so everyone on the phone or health professionals etc know what im talking about and i actually live in Newcastle 😂😂😂
Highlighted

Mishy, sounds like my old cat she was the same lovely one minute satans spawn the next! I still loved her though. I can only imagine how distressing it must have been to fall over and then have your hat fall off too. I bet you didn't know which to be most embarassed about. Hopefully you'll never see those people again and if you do your hair will have grown back and they won't recognise you! 

Im off fir a bath and bed now ladies, night night sleep tight! 😴😴😴

Highlighted

Mishy that sounds like a rubbish day!

My brummie accent comes out when I go home, or I’m cross or drunk. Been down south too long. Still pronounce bath and path properly although I did have to change to say tooth instead of tuth. And no one calls them islands down hear they’re roundabouts. It took a while to catch on 😁
Highlighted

Haha talking of vicious cats mine is 17 shes evil when she wants to be she circles you like a shark before going in for attack i swear through chemo i have tucked my jammies in my socks to stop her sinking her claws into my ankles!!! She id lovely most of the time but evil too!
I think yesterday i just totally felt sorry for myself i eas really embarrassed when my hat came off and the lad came to help!! Plus i had to go to the vets with the dog she found a masive chocolate santa in the sons xmas shopping when i was on the toilet and ate the whole thing so had to take her in for charcoal and an injection i had only been home from rads 30 mins too then if course i bloody fell egen i went to the shops what a day!!
Highlighted

Haha whytefawn my uncle is Scicllian with Geordie thrown 8n the mix love his crazy accent more scicllian than Geordie even after 30 odd years since he came here!! Such warm people Italians /Scicllians he has cooked meals for me since i had my diagnosis he says the Mediterranean diet is the best fot health benefits and wanted me to eat well 💖
Highlighted

That’s a strange mix!! Xx
Highlighted

I really am terrible with accents! So if any of you have really strong accents be prepared when we meet up for me to ask you to repeat yourselves multiple times and if I laugh inappropriately then you know I've not understood a word you've said! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Highlighted

Ladies that's nothing. My father in law is Italian but lived in Yorkshire for years. So his accent is Italian mixed with Yorkshire. Took me months before I understood what he was saying. Then I met his brother who was Italian mixed with glaswegian. Enough said 😂
Highlighted

Hi Meesh that's right I remember that episode it was even more bizarre because it was a Skype call to his parents wasn't it?
Pjs yes definitely need more of those lol.
Think DD is asleep and am opting for the film option. Maybe the new Wonder Woman?!! oH would never watch that lol😂
Highlighted

I think it must be a Scottish thing!!

Those of you watching strictly are you happy with that result? I’ve not been watching every week but I thought all of them were fab!!

Highlighted

It is strange, I think you take comfort in your mother’s voice especially when you’re not feeling well and now she’s all ooohh Karen and it’s just weird! Anyway I still love her.....and the pink hair is....very pink 😂!!

While looking for the plasters I came across some pjs so ordered them as you can never have enough pjs!! Especially us ladies 😊😊
Highlighted

Ruth, you need some of those plasters! I remember watching who do you think you are with John Barrowman and he obviously normally has an American accent but when he went to visit his Scottish parents he went into a Scottish accent I thought that was really weird.

Highlighted

😂🤣😂🤣😂 that's brilliant Karen!! I will have to get them 😁😁😁
Highlighted

Karen, that must be very upsetting for you and strange. If my mum dyed her hair pink I'd be worried she might look trendier than me! 😱

Highlighted

I will let you know if I find them Karen 😉
I had an ex boyfriend whose mother and sisters were fiercely Scottish but had each married English husbands. She had the most proper English accent (they all did) but whenever we were at any family gatherings all the sisters would start talking to each other in the heaviest Scottish accents!! It was quite bizarre. Hope she wears the pink hair well 😁
Highlighted

B3025FF9-92F3-4E7E-A35D-E4257ECA8864.jpeg

Highlighted

Ruth...we are all gonna be looking for those now!!

Meesh, sorry about that! My mum decided 2 years ago that she wld start talking with a Scottish accent, I still struggle understanding her! She is originally from Scotland but only spoke in her accent when she wld talk to relatives, so this was most bizarre for us to deal with! It was horrible to start with as my mum had spoken a certain way all my life and then she just changed...this year she’s dyed her hair pink! 😱
Highlighted

Mishy yes that's exactly it the steroid moon face look - Halfway through and can see it setting in. Glad to hear things are slowly getting back to normal for you XXX

Half marathon does seem most sensible given the timing doesn't it?

OH is out this evening and just waiting for DD to fall asleep. Can't decide whether I should then go downstairs and watch the kind of trashy film OH would never watch with me or stay upstairs and chill out (aka go to sleep at 9pm!!) 🤔🤔
All our talk of scratches reminds me that I really need to make sure I have a better first aid kit in the house for the next few months!!! Think I only have princess and avengers plasters in the bathroom cabinet lol 😂 Shame they don't do Wonder Woman ones - or maybe they do? 🙃
Highlighted

Unfortunately his mum died about 6 months later, but by the time I met his aunt I had got used to the Norfolk accents and could understand her which made it more mortifying that she spelled out everything she said 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Highlighted

Rach our old cat was one of those who you could be stroking and she'd be purring one minute and then hanging off your arm by her teeth and claws the next. She also used to pounce at my bare legs too. I got to be able read her in the end so could pre-empt when she'd strike. She used to terrorise me in my own bed when she was a kitten by pouncing on my head. I still loved her though. Our cat now is much more of a softie and more cuddley.

Highlighted

Ha ha that’s so funny Meesh!! Do you understand her now??

Highlighted

Karen, that reminds me of when I met OHs mum. She had a really strong Norfolk accent and I couldn't understand a word she said. OH left us on our own to make a cup of ️ and she was chatting away, I asked her to repeat herself twice and still couldn't understand her so I just laughed because I thought I can't ask her again she'll think I'm a dimwit. Anyway, she then got a bit cross and asked me what I was laughing at 😳I was 😱😱😱 Then when I met his aunt he'd already told her the story so she spoke to me really slowly and loudly like I was an idiot! Again I was 😳😱😱😱

Highlighted

My youngest cat loves a cuddle but at random he likes to have a bite or scratch. He’s 10 now but when he was younger he’d attack feet under the duvet and run off, he’s grown out of that now. If I do get a scratch I put Germolene I’m straight away.
Highlighted

Runnerbean, since starting chemo I've been really careful when playing with the 🐱 as I'm worried about her scratching me and it getting infected and I'm not on thinners! She isn't vicious like our old 🐱 but can get a bit over excited., so only wand play at the moment. 

Highlighted

I have tried compeed patches before as went thru a stage a few years ago where I got cold sores regularly, I found them a bit weird, like wen uv stuck sellotape to your nose by mistake lol!! I found Zovirax stopped working for me and found putting neat tcp on them worked better so now that’s wot I’m trying but hate the smell!

Shi, honestly I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, and was just nodding hopefully in the right places!! I came up at the right time as a stag party had been in all afternoon, 3 middle aged men, they had been drinking lots of shots and random stuff, well one of them just fell straight on his back...OH has removed them from the premises after he told them they weren’t having anymore and one called him a knobend....not the best thing to do when his football team had just lost 😱😱

I’ve got a Fitbit....I’ve only done 4593 steps today...don’t hit my 10k much these days but used to panic everyday if I didn’t before I started treatment
Highlighted

Mishy, hope you're ok after your fall. I often find it is the silly little things that make me 😭 and the bigger stuff I manage to tough out. 

Runnerbean, hope you can come home soon here's a dance fir you 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯👯💃🕺🏻💃🌟🌟👯🕺🏻💃🕺🏻

Cassie, it seems most of us could probably manage the half marathon rather than the marathon.

Highlighted

I've got a fitbit and happy to join some challenges. If you want to pm me I'll send you my email to add as a friend on fitbit app.

Like the idea of the overnight marathon but not sure if I could manage it then. I've definately got loads of personal challenges I want to do once treatment is over and I'm back on my feet properly.
Highlighted

Hope your not too badly bruised after you fall Mishy. We deal with the big stuff but sometimes it’s the little unexpected things which get to us. Ruth make sure your careful on these blood thinners. It took me nearly an hour to stop a small cat scratch from bleeding. I’m no longer on playing with cat duties my husband takes over when he gets his toys out. I would be up for the half marathon. Just need to dust off my Fitbit as it’s not been used since I started chemo. Need to get back into it for the motivation it gives me. If I didn’t have 10k steps in a day I used to walk round the living room before bed till I had them xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep compeed patches are brilliant Karana have you used them before? Got a vision of you twanging Mrs boring in the head with your gold kylie hot pants Karana 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Karen get some compeed patches i had one sprout and put them on when i first felt it they are amazing failing that your GP might give you some acloivor its used for coldsores and shingles good stuff!
Highlighted

That seems quite possible....although prob cldnt afford the £45 this side of Xmas!! But I do fancy giving it a go!! Xxx

Highlighted

Ruth, I definitely get the puffy face thing during the first week. I also seem to put n weight in the first week but then lose some of it by end of week 1.

i think I'd just like to do the half marathon one too. I had a look at the info you have to pay £45 to enter and raise £199 in sponsors which needs to be paid by sometime in June I think it was the 8th. 

Highlighted

Evening ladies....wow I’ve missed lots this afternoon!!

Moonwalk sounds good to me although not sure I cld manage 26 miles, 13 sounds more doable!! Although not at the minute, reckon we wld have to stop at a travel lodge for a nap 💤!!

Ive just spent the last hour or so chatting to a lady who I’ve not seen for a while but I don’t mean to be horrible she was doing my head in so used the I need to go upstairs now card to get away from her....she was boring the pants off me (not Wonder Woman ones!) 

My underarm hair has gone but I’ve never had much, lady garden is none existent, leg hair I shave about once a week, so not growing as normal!!

My dilemma for today is that where I had a cold under my nose and lip is looking sore, I have been putting cream on it but if I look in magnifying mirror it looks terrible like it’s gonna erupt in cold sores....I really don’t need that to happen 😱😱

Highlighted

Ruth towards the end of my chemo i had a moon face and with no eyebrows hair or lashes i looked like a proper cancer patient 😣 it makes you look alot more ill than you are feeling pleased to report face does go down abit im not 100% there but def an improvement i have some hair albeit literally nit alot but nit shiny bald a silvery whitish downy covering can feel nee lashes poking through no new brows though 😊
Highlighted

Ruth, I think I need to add you as a friend on FitBit so message me your FitBit email and I’ll add you and set it up 🙂🙂 Oooo how exciting!
Highlighted

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/fundraising/walk-night-2018

I’m not sure as it’s a circular route. Definitely start in the same place though.
Highlighted

Can you still do them together if some are doing different distances?
Highlighted

I think we just need to sign up on the site. I’ll find a link
Highlighted

Hi Reboot that's a nice idea - would be great to put new fitbit to full use 😁 How do we do it?!!
Highlighted

I’m definitely thinking half and not the full 26 miles! ☺️
Highlighted

I’m a bit too fat and unfit for 26 miles but I’m seriously considering the half marathon, reckon I’ll be able to walk for 4-5 hours by then. Anyone else?
Highlighted

Does anyone with a FitBit want to set up a Workweek Hustle or Weekend Warrior Challenge between us? I find it great motivation to get out (on good weeks) xx
Highlighted

Mishy hope you aren't too bruised after your fall. ♥️💕💕💕 I know what you mean about suddenly being rudely reminded about how delicate this has all made us despite having to be tough as nails going through it all in the first place.
I have taken to wearing my proper hiking boots out everywhere after we had that first lot of snow as I really really don't want to fall over and get internal bleeding from the blood thinners I am on in the middle of chemo 😧
Highlighted

Hello lovely ladies, snuggled in front of the fire catching up on the days events ♥️♥️💕💕
Wig got an outing today, blush and lippy on and nails painted coral to match my new Fitbit 😁 And had coffee out with OH whilst nanny took DD Christmas shopping for a Christmas dress 👗 Nice to feel a bit more human again.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Shi and Meesh I think we will all be well and truly spayed by the time chemo is finished with us 🙄 I love that you have the Wonderwomam outfit already 😁 Will have to check it out.
Runnerbean hope they don't find any nasty bugs in the cultures and it is just T effects and you get to come home soon. We know ultimately it is always better safe than sorry with chemo and here is my dance to get things sorted soon XXX 💃🕺👯👯‍♂️💃🕺👯‍♂️👯💃🕺👯‍♂️👯💃🕺💃🕺👯‍♂️👯💃🕺
Sue oops!! Hope tonight is better - we really don't want fried Sue XXX
In terms of body I am starting to get really p'd off with the effect the steroids are beginning to have 🙁🙁 my face has changed shape and is very puffy in the first week or so, I can also see it causing fat deposits in areas I Have never had before and it seems to be bulky out my shoulders and arms which have always been pretty slim (I am all Beyoncé bottom - three sizes different between my bum and
Waistline!!!) I am also getting those wierd hairs on my chinny chin chin - not sure if it the steroids or apparently the C is a bit of a hormone disrupters 🙄🙄
My legs were still 🦍🦍 and lady garden and arm pits totally wierd so gave in and bought that lady shave to sort things out! A 🦍🦍 in gold hot pants was not the look I want to rock!!
Love to everyone ♥️♥️♥️ Oh Meesh yes I would be into doing the walk 😁