62872members
330601posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

My tongue is not sore or anything but seems hyper sensitive to fizzy x no sparkling wine for me over Xmas though to be fair I haven’t really fancied alcohol. I had to leave the lid off the lemonade I had earlier with honey and lemon so it went flat but it has really helped my annoying cough

Cassie fingers crossed 🤞 the worst of the aches and pains have passed

I got heart rate monitor on my cheap watch thing from amazon (refused to pay Fitbit price lol)
It says my heartbeat ok but keeps telling me I need to move more ... cheeky thing it is some days it’s an effort to get out of bed ... though I do everyday even if it’s to relocate to sofa 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It’s saying I need more sleep ... no 💩 Sherlock
I am averaging about 5 hours during the night with my awake times but most days have a couple of hours afternoon today I haven’t probably because of taking the 2 x 4 steroids in preparation for tomorrow xx

Hi everyone. So far today (touch wood) the aches and pains have been less. Tho they do like to appear just as I'm getting ready for bed so we'll see what happens later. I seem to have been very aware of my heart beat today for some reason. My Fitbit seems to suggest it's ok even when I think it's a bit fast. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Good luck you 3 for tomorrow are you all going to be T-birds?
My first T SE's started on Saturday night which was day 3 in the evening with the pains. Then mouth started feeling yucky. Got fluconazole and mouth washes so while it feels yucky it's not painful or stopping me eating or anything.
I've been less inclined to eat sweet stuff whilst on chemo. And in the first week I usually feel overfaced by a meal and prefer to graze throughout the day.

Sur i think it will be someone really random like the Vicar!!! My theory is that is why she did the funeral... Guilt trip.. Who knows the chemo brain works in Mysterious ways as i still have it 😣

I will let yoU try it first meesh lol
At least if you don’t like it you can have Philadelphia and marmite x

Karen, glad you're feeling better and nice to see OH treating you to a choc orange 🍊 too, he must feel guilty!

Sue, Rach and Jellytot, I've been onto the 🚂 👨🏻‍✈️today and given him a good talking to so everything should be good for you tomorrow 🤞🏻He'll make sure the train is super 🌟⭐️✨⭐️🌟🌈✨⭐️🌟🌈⭐️and cosy warm too. I'll have a couple of 🔫🔫pointed at the 👨🏻‍✈️head, Cassie' going to help me with her 🏹 and Shi will go all tai chi on 👨🏻‍✈️If he misbehaves. Hope Sue and Jellytot that you have surfboards at the ready for 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️on the roof🏄‍♀️Rach you can twirl in your gold hot pants Dizzy by Vic reeves.

Ive been scoffing crisps, mince pies, crumpets and bread the last few days. Sue, bought some Philadelphia to try on crumpets with peanut butter to see if it's good or not, but haven't tried it yet.

I still haven’t had revels lol and been fancying them since they were mentioned last

I have had lots of galaxy hot chocolate to drink though 👍x

Yes I prefer even numbers lol but then I know I am odd

My kids think I am mad I can eat spaghetti hoops but not tinned straight cut spaghetti
I also like corn on the cob but not loose sweet corn

🤣🤣🤣

I prob won’t have a clue who’s who Sue...but reckon I will still watch it!!

My diet has been really strange...I’ve not ate much meat just the odd bit of chicken, this round I’m really struggling to fancy anything healthy, malteasers and revels are going down well!! My mum left me some homemade biscuits earlier so reckon I’ll be munching on them soon!! Xxx

I feel like 4 is much more of a landmark than cycle 3 was. I’m looking forward to having it over and done with!

Shi thanks
I should be ok for lunch then
I have struggled with meat the last cycle think it’s to do with the smell thing I have going on I cooked steak jacket potato and mushrooms last night but literally just ate the mushrooms
Tonight I did chicken roasties and veg but had the smallest amount of chicken and still left some

I have craved carbs never have I ate so many crumpets or so much bread, before treatment started was on slimming world and I didn’t tend to eat them. This cycle I have even just boiled rice or pasta and ate that on its own
When I was weighed on Wednesday I had lost 4.5 kg but still with in wright parameters for my current chemo mix . The weight loss wasn’t intentional

Roll on tomorrow get chemo 4 done and dusted and see what it brings x

Sue, I thought it was just me that fitted my bath around 📺 😂🤣😂I keep thinking I would love a tv in the bathroom. Mnd you I'd never get OH out of the bath then! 

Jelly ... York is on my to visit list my mom said it is a beautiful city but I have not made it there yet so hope to get there before I go back to work if I can get hubby to have a day off 👍

Lol karen will you know who anyone is ?
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue on the t currently because of steroids and antisickness meds botty got backed up, been better days 6&7, went onto fluconzole as mouth started going on day 5. I’ve been lucky on fec and touch wood on t, no loss of appetite, so nausea or sickness. Ive found sticking to what I fancy to eat (steak or lamb) at lunch and then whatever at night, pizza, pie chips beans, spaghetti Bol it’s been ok taste wise. The may girls did advise us to up the carbs on t, as t can give us 🌪botty. Buddyfan has got the t t-shirt so knows all about t on this thread. 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Loved that pic....who needs to be a skinny Wonder Woman Anyway!!

I also had clear nodes but Oncotype came back recommending I had chemo.....coz it’s so great and we love it...NOT!  Rach who needs a brain anyway!!

im starting to feel more normal again now...have put pjs on and OH has gone out to another pub for a couple of hours, maybe he will come back a bit happier...he did buy me a choc orange from the shop so I think he knows I’m angry with him!!

sue....I never watch emerald but think I may even have to watch it tonite!!

✨✨✨✨

I'm not in until 130pm, so we're going xmas shopping in York (with lunch) beforehand while I still can !
Hugs to all x

I really want a bath but want to see who killed Emma in emmerdale think I will rush up in the half hour between episodes lol x

Ha ha ha rach 🧠 x
I am 11.00 tomorrow then going straight from hospital to lunch with my mom x I found if I ate straight away in FEC I could enjoy it before side effect kick in so just hope I can enjoy it tomorrow how quickly did people get reactions after first T xx

Rach, 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂loved the brain comment! Just proves you really are as crazy as the rest of us! 😜

Rest up Shi. Sleep well and keep snuggly warm.

Fairydust x

Evening ladies! 

Karen, looks like our journey continues to be similar with antibiotics for us in cycle4! Good job you got yourself checked out, hope you start to feel better soon 😘😘🤗🤗🤗although I've still not taken mine yet. Rash is still the same, I never suffered with spots but this looks like acne 😳

Jellytot, that photo is 😳🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Buddy, I'm having chemo because the oncotype test came back at the top end of intermediate and so was advised to have it. I was also told that by having it I would have 90% chance of it not returning not sure what the % was if I didn't have it.

Shi, hope you're doing ok here's a dance for you to get you back on your feet 💃🕺🏻💃👯👯‍♂️👯⭐️🌟🌈🌈⭐️⭐️🦄🕺🏻🕺🏻👯💃🌟🦄🕺🏻👯👯🕺🏻🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯🕺🏻🕺🏻💃🕺🏻👯👯‍♂️👯🕺🏻👯‍♂️👯‍♂️💃

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Good luck everyone with treatments and appointments tomorrow. 😘😘😘hope everyone gets se and colds and rashes sorted very soon too. I’m in bed so wanted to send ✨✨✨💕💕🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💕💕✨✨✨✨ready for tomorrow if I fall asleep early as I have been. 😘😘😘love you all very much 💕💕✨✨shi xx

I can’t unsee that!!

Can’t remember who asked about chemo if nodes aren’t involved. My nodes were clear but as I was grade 2b they checked my oncotype, it came back as smack bang mid risk so was given the option of chemo. It improves the odds of no return over 10 years from 85% to 90% onc said it wa really up to me and if it were his wife he’d not push for one way or the other. So I actually chose to have chemo, they’re going to check for a brain later 😁

Had my bloods done today but won’t know if I’m good to go until I go in. I’m up at 9.30 tomorrow, what time are the rest of you up?

💖☃️🦄✨
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great photo, I want to tell her she’s an inspiration and she can be our momma hot pants who’s waiting for us at the station 😁😁😁😁💕💕✨✨shi xx

Jelly when did you take my pic 🤣🤣🤣🤣

No it’s not me when I had hair I was blond or pink and now I baldy bonce xx

Yes that’s very true Buddy...think OH was shocked how quickly I went downhill but he’s still burying his head in the sand! Xxxx

Jellytot, great you found the stash of 👻👻👻. Good luck tomorrow. The boards are waxed🏄🏄🐱🏍🏄🏄, get those gold pants on.

Karana, I’m sort of glad you’re forced to rest! The antibiotics will sort you out, but it’s just a reminder to OH how fragile you are.

Shi he’s so rubbish....all the beer needed to be ordered for Xmas period today and he got in a panic....he really is useless without me...tempted to ring his mum and tell her to have a word with him!! Anyway I’m def not doing anything today apart from vegging on sofa! Good luck for tomorrow ladies 😘😘💃✨💃✨💃✨💃🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘Karana, glad you went and got checked over lovely, fluids, rest and 🐟🐟🐟 for oh, was he planning on a round of golf tomorrow? He’ll have to do a round of helping Karana instead 😘sue and reeboot 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️see you on the roof tomorrow cassie and I are back up there after giving the 👨‍✈️🚂a 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️💣💣💣naughty driver, meesh back in your safe hands with the 🔫🔫🔫again lovely. Buddy and dizzy, the body boarding and surfing lessons got sue joining the t party tomorrow, so board waxing please 😁😁😁meesh hope the rash clearing up ok now. Lots of ❤️❤️❤️to everyone and filling 🚂with 💕💕✨✨✨🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄too love shi xx

Afternoon ladies....temp was 39.9 this morning so I’ve been to hospitals, bloods taken and neutrophils were fine but trace of a uti and they don’t want my cough to get to chest so have been given antibiotics!  I’m now home but feel totally zapped...so gonna go in hibernation.....think OH may have a nervous breakdown before the day is out....he’s rubbish when things go wrong!!

glad everyone else is doing ok xxxxx

Reboot my onco said up to 2 node involvement would not have needed lymph clearance or chemo with my type of tumour xx

Thanks so much ladies, and thanks Mishy. I had a macro-thingy in just one node and it was because of that that I’ve been wondering.

Jelly see you on board tomorrow i xx fab news xx

Haha Shi liked the Rads dance this morning fog on the Tyne whey aye man!!!!! Hope you are managing ok on the T
Hooing you are all coping with SE and chillin out xx

Everyone i had a macrometes in 1 node but never got extra scans onc reassured my it was not necessary as all cancer was removed with op Only ever had mammogram and ultrasound at beginning dont get scsns when treatment is over either hope that helps x
Hoping everyone is having a good day xx

Woohoo neuts are up to 1.2 so save me a seat tomorrow Meesh!

Thanks for all the hair loss info ladies.

Reboot, yes I has nose bleeds on every cycle of T. They usually stopped after plugging with tissue fora bit. Re scans….When I first had lumpectomy and nodes out, I was told I didn’t need any more scans as they didn’t think it had spread and chemo and rads would sort it out. I’m having loads of scans now for other issues. I have had lots of uti before chemo and during, hence the ultrasound kidney and bladder and impending endoscopy. I’m having bone ct, MRI, density scans because I have had a bad back issue and they are worried it might be myeloma, ffs as if I haven’t got enough to deal with. As I will be on Letrazole after chemo, I think they would have done a bone density anyway, to check about osteoporosis.

Sue, good luck with T tomorrow.

Meesh, how is your rash? I’ve had a redness just below my neck for a couple of days now. Not really a rash and it’s about 1.5” away from my line. I’ve put E45 on it and will get it checked tomorrow when I have my flush. Did the antihistamine help yours? My temps are normal. Why are you having chemo if there was no node involvement? Is it the type of BC? I was told I would only have rads if nodes had been ok.

Who was low on 👻? Hope you got on ok .

Scans
I was told didn’t need any but after lumpectomy and cancer found in nodes Had axillary clearance cancer in 5 of 12 nodes so sent for ct and mri as precaution

Both came back clear phew xx

I had an ultrasound after starting chemo but that was cos the mri picked up something suspicious in my other boob. Biopsies cleared this. I have a CT booked for 3rd jan so it can be passed to my surgeon for him to start the process for surgery after chemo. That's all so far.

thanks to all you dear ladies for your words of wisdom, check up on Tuesday for my last FEC - I'll ask them about the alcoholic T at the same time!!

The Unit know I drive myself at the moment so I am sure they would give me the heads up!!

Shi - you should know me by now ... Little Miss Independent!!

love to you all and all the best for the Christmas holiday xx

Ruth, I'm also a bit🤔 😳😳😳😳😳about not having any further scans, even though I had no node involvement and would've thought they would've done some sort of check after chemo and rads to make sure that it really is gone. 

Morning everyone.
Lesley my chemo tram said not to drive on chemo day as if I had an accident it would invalidate my insurance because of the treatment. They didn't say it was specifically because if alcohol content but I've always got someone to drive me to my appointments.
Managed some sleep last night. Lower back seems to really start hurting just before bed. So checked temp and loaded up with paracetamol. Managed some interrupted sleep. Must have had a hot flush at some point as woke up wet through but temp was all normal.
Good luck anyone with appointments today. Girls up tomorrow get those fluids down and any steroids you need to take.
Cassie x

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂Karen, I know the feeling. I love my folks to bits but my mum drives me nuts if we spend too much time together. Her and my sister are coming to see me tomorrow and I cant wait to see them. It's the first time She's been here since I started chemo so I know she'll Insist on cleaning the house from top to bottom and fussing (even though I'm going to clean it today). 

Just read the instructions on my antibiotic cream and have realised I haven't been using enough cream 🙄

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Good morning ladies 😘😘😘to everyone with appointments today. Sue thanks for the photo of Santa 😁😁lovely, hope you get that cough under control 😘😘meesh hope you ok and that rash has gone, enjoy your reiki😘😘Karana, hope your electric blanket has given your cold a 🥊and you feel better soon😘😘cassie how you getting on with the t? I’ve been in bed early and sleeping with it, the loratadine is helping loads with the pains for me so making them manageable. I’ve heard about the nosebleeds too, the may girls would be able to give more advise on that. Lesley, I’ve not heard that about the t and quick question how the fec are you driving yourself? Honorary Wonder Woman pants for Lesley girls 😁😁😁buddy my hair started shedding day 14 but it was cycle 2 that it really went, I’d clipped to grade 2 on cycle 1 which I think helped keep a very, very fine covering as the weight wasn’t weighing it down and on cycle 2 and 3 I was on 80% dose. Wishing everyone day of 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx

Morning ladies I hope everyone is feeling a little better today and holding those colds and rashes at bay. Sue hope you feel better today ready for tomorrow 💕

I had my reflexology yesterday - first time I have had it so soon after chemo but decided to keep appointment even though chemo delayed a week. Felt good in there but then absolutely awful last night because it had sent me into detox so horrible migraine and shivers, but then seem to have woken up a bit better today and have been peeing like an old drunk overnight 🤣🤣😂😂 so hopefully it has supercharged my detox from this cycle!!

Reboot the whole scans think is a minefueld isn't it. I had to have MRI as mammogram doesn't work on my breasts. But then because nodes clear on MRI no further scans were scheduled. And SNB confirmed clear nodes. In some ways it is good to not have the extra scans because obviously they believe there is a low risk so won't pay for them. But on the other hand my mind works over time thinking how can they give the all clear after chemo and rads if they haven't checked? I think problem is that scans don't give an absolute answer either. Ultimately it is a numbers game - odds are if they don't want to do a scan, you are very likely to not need them so you then have to trust (or have faith or whatever) that it will be fine! Well that's the way I am thinking if it anyway! I have already started the process with my onc of making sure I go under MRI screening and not mammogram screening going forward - I thought I had hit a brick wall in the last clinic but then was copied into a letter saying that she has asked the radiologist to look into it!

Hope everyone has a few nice plans for today? I might even venture out for coffee and cake today!! 🍰☕️

Morning ladies was really tired yesterday and my neck and shoulders were hurting think it might be the position im lying in during treatment , off to rads soon day 5 so im chipping away at them!!! Wil def need a rest when I'm done! Karen keep an eye of that shivering can be a sign of infection starting you should ring the unit to be in safe side
I still have chemo brain that must not leave for a while Christmas shopping still done finished can't see that happening with these rads! Fec it 😂😂😂
Shi you literally are as daft as a brush very cheery loved the wedge ref for hot pants well i can tell you that the hot pants through chemo is officially over it nana knickers for me!!! have a good day everyone with minimal SE and hope that rash is improving 💖

Thanks Meesh, Runnerbean and Ali xx I had traces in one node but no further scans or checks so I’m just not sure why.
I’ve always been susceptible to nose bleeds so I guess this is just par for the course 🙂
Lesley, nothing had been mentioned to me about an alcoholic T at all, that’s the first I’ve heard of it.
Sending warm get well wishes to everyone xx

Morning ladies....Meesh I wld rather pick my own toenails off than go stay with my parents....they wld get in a right panic!!  I slept ok and my nose has stopped running but I’ve got a cough....gonna take my temp in a minute usually wait 15 mins after I get up as bury my head under duvet so don’t get true reading!! 

Hope everyone one has a good day xxxx

Meesh I don’t feel ill temperature okay but now started sneezing 🤧 grrr
Just hope when I go tomorrow chemo can still go ahead xx

Lesley

Just a thought but would think your onco team would say if it was infused with alcohol as what if someone had issues around alcohol and they must know some people dtivevto their appointments x

Karen, Sue howre you both feeling this morning? Hope your not suffering too much with your colds and coughs. Karen, do keep an eye on that temp 🌡Try and take it easy today and keep yourself warm. Could you stay with your folks for a couple of days to get some tlc and to keep warm? A drafty flat when you have a cold is probably not a good combination! ⭐️🌈🦄🌟🌟🦄⭐️⭐️🌈🌟✨💫✨🦄🌈⭐️⭐️🦄🌟✨💫