Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

I'll hitch a lift on Tues(MRI scan) and thurs(bone density scan). ☢☢
Highlighted

Shi, I thought I ate some weird stuff but mash in rolls? I think that's a whole new level 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂

Who's up on the train this week? Reboot you're tomorrow so I'll make sure the 🚂Is warm and extra 🌟🌟🌈🦄🌈🌟🌟🌈🦄 and Xmasy 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄seeing as it's only a week to go until Xmas.

Clairebell, Ali are you both up this week? Anyone else?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁Sue I’m sure it wasn’t bland, says me who had mash in rolls last night 😁😁😁😁💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Shi funny you should say that not got the smell yet though dinner was totally bland but everyone else said it was lovely so just got to hope they we’re not lying to me ha ha x
Highlighted

I am feet up (got recliner sofa ) with a big bottle of still strawberry water to keep hydrated and a film on and hubby at beck and call for anything I might need 👍xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lesley from Nov has posted some great gold hotpants on nov thread 😁😁😁
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, just rest up in bed if you can lovely, I just take my loratadine at 10am daily and then Epsom salt bath at night, it’s doable. It’s been blocked botty to start with and then last couple of days it’s full carbs with everything as things are the other way now. The good thing is there isn’t that fec smell that I could smell all the time, don’t know if it was just in my head but I thought I could smell it all round me when I was on that. 😘😘💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

Aches and pains starting to kick in but got co codamol ready in case it gets too bad how is everyone else doing ? Xx
Highlighted

Runnerbean, it was dehydration that got me in cycle 2 not as bad as you have it though. I’m drinking water like a fiend now. Hopefully you’ll bet out tomorrow x
Highlighted

I'm sprinkling my fairy glitter into the atmosphere for you Runnerbean, with strict instructions to find you and sparkle you up inside and out, so you can shine tomorrow so you'll get discharged!

Fairydust x
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh runnerbean sorry you’ve got another night in casa nhs. 😘😘meesh and I have just put blondies Sunday girl on full blast in the 🚂and have grabbed your hands and we are having a run through the carriage with the glitter cans, glitter frenzy girls 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

My 2 cats are both rescues and completely different. The older one is 10 and I’ve had him since he was a kitten. He’s a sweetie never does anything wrong but is not a lap cat. The other one is 4 and has a split personality. We call them baby Ralph and Monster Ralph. I only deal with baby Ralph at the minute when he just wants to sit on your knee and cuddle 🙂 I’m stuck in here for another night now as the cultures haven’t come back and my potassium levels are low. I will be doing everything I can next cycle to avoid dehydration as I don’t want this to happen again xx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁that’s so true meesh and dizzy, they see us coming don’t they and you do all you can for them and love them and give them a safe home and would never dream of giving them back and they know it 😁😁😁they do love us back so very much though 😘😘😘💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

No change on meds but they gave me enough domperidone to last 15 days. I’ve tried to be a bit more active yesterday and today tha I was in precious cycles. I’ve got achey legs and slimey mouth but the anti-sickness meds are doing a reasonable job.
Highlighted

Rach, howre you feeling after fec 4? Did they alter your meds for you?

Highlighted

I’ve got three cats and the other two are good, it’s only my stupid ginger one that likes a swipe. One is a rescue, she was 12 when we got her and had been at the rescue place for 5 weeks. She a little love and just likes a lap to sit on. The other one I’ve had since he was a kitten and he’s 14 now and isn’t interested in anyone until bedtime then he rolls round like an absolute tart for a tummy rub and he the sleeps on my hip most of the night. The stupid ginger cat has recently started peeing on the carpet in my running room, another littler tray needed I think.
Highlighted

Shi, hope you're doing ok today. My old cat was found as a stray kitten and I said I'd have her. I'd never had a cat before so not sure if it was something I did or if she was part ferrel that made her the way she was, I had her for 17 years. Our cat now is much more of a softy and is quite a lap cat, she was a rescue cat and had been with the rspca 18 months of her 2 yr life when we got her. We reckon she was probably rehomed a number of times because when we got her she went through a phase of weeing on the carpet 🙄 it went on for about a year and we tried everything (different litters, trays, tests at the vets). She now still does it occasionally but is much better behaved. There was no way I was taking her back though, she must've seen us coming 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Highlighted

I'll leave some energy 🔋🔋🔋in the box for anyone who wants it. I think I must get it from the reiki as the Druid said I was ram packed with energy the last time I went. 

Runnerbean, glad they finally got you sorted 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻💃🕺🏻🕺🏻💃💃💃🕺🏻🕺🏻Hope you get to go home soon as they sound like they have no idea!

I'd like to join the Fitbit group but don't have a Fitbit 😔Perhaps I should ask OH for one for Xmas 😊

Karen, I'm saving WWE knickers for work tomorrow as think I might need them as I always find the first day challenging!

Just having a sit down and a cup of tea. Shopping is done and packed away but will need to go and make some lunch. I'm also making lamb dansak for dinner so will need to get that all ready plus make preparations for lunch this week as it's my week in the office. Also need to do hair wash today as don't want to leave the house tomorrow with wet hair.

oh💩the cat has now got on my lap and gone straight into full snuggledown mode 🙄may have to sit here a while as I never have the heart to turf her off.

Highlighted

Had some 🤣🤣🤣
Highlighted

Thank you I just checked my first aid box and da da I had done 👍xx
Highlighted

It’s Claritin which will be Loratadine if you get the generic ones Sue xx
Highlighted

Thank goodness Sharon let’s hope you get home xxx
Highlighted

Sorry chemo brain what was the antihistamines to take for pain relief thought I screenshot it but can’t find the Tesco ones x
Highlighted

Finally found a nurse who transferred here from another hospital 3 days ago but she knew how to use a PICC line so all done in 2 minutes and my feet are safe and my stress levels are coming down a bit. Fingers crossed they come back OK and I will be home later. It’s the nice doctor again this morning so it’s looking good xx
Highlighted

I’ve only got a running watch, no Fitbit. Would an iPhone work?
Highlighted

Runner, when they couldn't find my vein, they called an ultrasound guy down and he managed it. I guess weekends are difficult, less doctors on hand.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning ladies, runnerbean lets hope they can get you in the unit and you get some proper care darling. Even better is they manage to get some blood from you and you get home 😘😘😘ruth those plasters 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣meesh I’ve one big softy cat and one who is a darling then goes into attack in a split second, both were rescue cats so wonder what happened to her before she was ours, she is not as bad as she was but can still just switch. Sue how you finding the t? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂you’ve all made me cry with laughter about the accents 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂it is easy to pick accents up when you work closely with people and end up sounding alike, it’s not intentional it just happens. When I was at school a girl in my year ended up going to live in USA for 6 months, she came back talking fluent yank... in 6 months and she never went back to British accent either. 😘😘💕💕shi xx
Highlighted

There s different kinds of fitbit from the One which is like a pedometer to the blaze which is a watch. All do step counting but the more expensive ones do heart rate etc. You can add people as friends on the fitbit app and compete in challenges to see who can do most steps in a certain time period. We're doing the work week hussle which is who can do most steps mon-fri. You can set personal goals too like if you want to do 10k steps per day and it'll keep you updated. I've been wearing fitbit for about 3 years now.
Highlighted

Bless just told my sister she swapping her Fitbit for my cheapo to try before I buy 👍
Highlighted

Buddyfan showjumping is on BBC red button from 1.30 till 4.30 then again tomorrow night for the grand prix.
Highlighted

I want a I join Fitbit challenge but have no idea how Fitbit works can any one enlighten me before I buy one I got s £30 hr sleep step watchvthst reads my texts which I git from amazon but know it doesn’t link in with Fitbit
I feel left out ha ha ha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Highlighted

Call the unit first see if they can call ward and negotiate you going there for bloods or if they got a bed to transfer you too x
Highlighted

There is no unit in this hospital so I’m just on a general ward. They are talking of finding a doctor to try and get some out of my foot, what the hell! I’m stressing out now which is making it less likely they will get anything. Apparently the doctors are allowed to try more places to get blood. I might offer to get my husband to drive me to the unit it’s only half an hour away. They wouldn’t take me in there when I took sick as they had no spare beds. xx
Highlighted

Good morning everyone

Runnerbean, I hope they find their useful staff again soon for you to let you go free x

If anyone else wants to join the FitBit weekly challenge, send me a message x Though next week will be fairly low for me.

Hopefully off on a Christmas trail today and doing some handprints with the kiddies for grandparents’ presents 🎁 (if they cooperate) 🙂 Back on the steroids today in preparation for T2 tomorrow 😳

Love and smooth SEs to everyone xx
Highlighted

Sue, I'm becoming fluent in chemo texts. I just hope that people can understand mine. I had to edit a FB post three times yesterday to get the right words in the right order
Highlighted

I mean veg prepared yesterday and she will put dinner out and that was sent after checking 🤣🤣🤣
Highlighted

Daughter son in law and granddaughter coming for dinner but meat in oven veg done yesterday and I know my daughter will take over and put dinnetbyt if I don’t feel like doing it
I have been sat here with a piece of toast for an hour even marmite not doing it today

I am finding it harder every day to have my spoon of Manuka honey but bloods been okay so preserving

Buddy sorry Hun missed you off roll call so good morning xx

Highlighted

Runnerbean, that is awful! I can’t belive in a hospital they can’t find someone who can use a picc. What are they going to do instead?

Sue, I’ve got the red round face. It feels like I’ve been sat in front of a fire for too long.

Cassie, I intent to sit, maybe have a sleep and maybe muster up the energy to open all of the Amazon packages that have arrived. Christmas shopping via the tinterweb rocks. It would be better if my OH would open them but he won’t open anything addressed to me even if it’s for him. He’s a lovely but crazy man.
Highlighted

Runnerbean, drink loads of fluids to help pump those veins. Can’t they get an onc nurse round to take blood, or can you walk to your unit to get blood taken?

Meesh, please could you leave some of your energy in the box for the rest of us. I was totally flaked out yesterday. All I managed was to sign cards, not even address them. Certainly got that dry mouth and I’m quite puffy on my face. My MIL, who lives separate from us but in same building, has been a star. She regularly does my washing and ironing so that’s a boon. We've said we'll do Christmas dinner but I don't know how I'll manage. OH will have to step in big time this year. Although he does do a roast, he's never done Christmas. 🎇🎄🎄🎇

Cassie, glad to hear you slept well. Which channel has the show jumping? We’ve only got internet TV, so terrestrial and Netflix.

I hope all the SEs arent too much for people today. 🎇🦄🦄🐱🏍🐧🐱🏍🦄🦄🎇
Highlighted

Morning all.
First night since T I've actually slept and woken up feeling less tired then when k went to bed. Yay! Maybe it was the big carvery I had that did it.
Oh no Runnerbean! I know what you mean about blood tho they were taking loads when I was in and I wasn't confident there was any left. Like Karen says are you actually in a hospital they don't sound like they know what they're doing. Fingers crossed and some 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃 to get you home asap.
What is everyone up to today? I'm going to potter round in the house for a bit, do some ironing, watch showjumping on tv this afternoon then off to in laws for tea.
Cassie x
Highlighted

Runnerbean that’s rubbish....have you checked that you’re actually in a hospital 🙄😱

Morning Sue....don’t check your posts we love a typo to get us all laughing 😂

Think I’m gonna head to Sainsbury’s today in the hope I can get a few more Xmas pressies! I feel so unorganised....my dad was asking when I wld be cooking the Turkey & Ham for Christmas dinner (that’s all we’ve got to organise) I darent tell him we haven’t even ordered it yet!!

❄️❄️❄️

Highlighted

OMG runner what a pain in the butt x hope they sort you x
Highlighted

Morning all
Popped a pill last night and slept for 7!hours yippee
Won’t take anymore until next big steroid dose but I feel refreshed
Got very very pink cheeks today anyone else got the moon?
Chaffinch how lovely to spend time with your daughter nothing wrong with student time ha ha
Runner fingers crossed 🤞
Meesh where do you get your energy ?
Mishy how you feeling today after doing musical bumps in the cold I do hope your ok
Rach I worked for British telecom on the phones for 15 years so don’t have a very full brummie accent however I am sure you will recognise local dialect lol I will be the one saying mom 👍
Morning Karen shi Ruth reboot lady bowler Cassie Ali and anyone else who pops in
As always apologies if I missed anyone
And sorry if typos I really have to read and reread my posts for a few days post chemo and they still come out wrong eek 😬 xxx
Highlighted

Don’t believe this, they can’t get any blood out of me to test. For some reason it just won’t come out so I’m now full of holes 🙁there isn’t anybody here that can use my PICC line either. xx
Highlighted

Morning ladies...slept ok although didn’t manage to get to sleep until pub closed but better to be in bed resting I Suppose!! Think i was mulling things over in my head and hate that going thru this changes our lives so much!!

Runnerbean let’s hooe they let you home today hunny 💃💃💃🤩🤩🤩

Sue glad you had a lovely eve and at least get to see a few clips of what you missed....

Meesh....get those knickers on and strut your stuff round Tesco this morning!!

Dizzy...my OH loves Peaky Blinders, I’ve watched some of it and it is good, quite violent tho!

Highlighted

Morning everyone,

Hope everyone’s having a good day. Hope you get home today runnerbean.

I’m a bit gutted we don’t have an Asda. I quite fancy a pair of Wonder Woman pants.

Rach x
Highlighted

Mishy, I love the Geordie accent but I know what you mean about trying to be taken seriously with a thick regional accent. Mine had only changed through my location rather than any attempt. That must be even harder! I haven’t seen peaky blinders. Might have to try it.
Highlighted

Morning lovely ladies!

runnerbean, 🤞🏻You get the good doctor and you can go home. I wonder where all those neutrophils go, maybe someone could I ask when they're next on the 🚂 i don't have the injections so doubt mine are ever that high.

chaffinch, nice to hear you can chat things through with YD and that you had a good day.

wonder Woman knickers were from Asda ladies, think they were a couple of quid. Put them on your Xmas lists! 😊😊😊

Right need to get my bum in gear and get my yoga done so that I can get my breakkie then off to Tesco and butchers.

Catch you later ladies!

Highlighted

Morning ladies, hope you all slept well. Subject to my blood tests this morning i will be going home today so fingers crossed 🤞
Hopefully I will have the same doctor as yesterday who will understand why my neutrophils were 35. Not sure where they all go off to as they are normally 3 or 4 by the time chemo comes round again! xx
Highlighted

Meesh I’d be up for half distance night walk too