63315members
333052posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hope all is well this afternoon Jencat, we will be with you in spirit 😘 I had mine back in June and thankfully all was fine x
Community Champion

Good luck Jencat

Hi Jencat,

Sending you hugs for this afternoon. I had my mammogram about a month ago and had appt with consultant last Friday. All was ok. I also have a hard bit round my nipple where the scar is which is sometimes sore. I think we all have strange lumps & bumps now and we all get that fear when we have these appts. Hopefully it will all be ok for you too! Let us know how you get on 😘😘

Jencat I did get your lovely letter thank you it arrived yesterday 

will be with you in spirit holing your hand lovely lady x 

jellytot also sends her love but is struggling to log on 

love and hugs to you x I am still on same number if you need me xxxxxx

Need your good thoughts this pm lovely Oct ladies, seeing my consultant for the results of my mammogram. Feeling really anxious about it xx

Thank you Sue x Hopefully you've now received a letter from me xx

Hi jencat hope you had a fabulous birthday lovely lady x big hugs xx

Thank you Shi for my card, that's really kind of you! I've not opened them yet, but there's a couple with writing that I don't recognise, so hopefully one of them's yours! 60! How did that happen?! I suppose I won't be asked if I could be pregnant anymore at the hospital! Smiley Surprised

That's a nice idea to still buy yourself something from your Dad-I often used to buy mine from Dad when he was alive, so I could do that too. 

Hope your mammogram was ok if you've had it yet and all the lovely Oct'17 ladies. I've got mine tomorrow morning and feeling anxious about it! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👭👭❤️❤️for tomorrow Jencat 😘😘hope your card has arrived ok that I’ve sent for your birthday. You could release a balloon to your dad on the day so you feel you’ve included him ❤️❤️ I still buy myself a birthday and Christmas pressie each year from my dad, it’s just my  Way of ensuring I still celebrate with him even though no longer here. 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hello lovely Oct '17 ladies! Smiley Happy

Just came on here to say hello to you all and realised I hadn't replied to your kind messages, I'm so sorry. I hope you're all doing well. 

I've got a bit of a mixed week coming up-my mammogram is on Thursday morning, which I'm beginning to feel anxious about. My breast has still got a hard bit, which my onc has said is scar tissue, but I've started worrying it's not! (Results on the 20th when I see my consultant) Then on Friday it's my 60th birthday, which will be difficult without my dad, I always celebrated my birthday with him. I know I've been lucky to have been able to spend so many birthdays with him xx

Hi Jencat,

its good to hear from you but im sorry you're not doing so well at the moment, sending ❤️ and hugs. As the others have said when you get your new phone perhaps you can join us on what's app. The walk was good if a little wet but we battled through and it was good to meet up and have a chat 😊

Mishy, Jay lovely to hear from you both too. Hope you're both doing ok!

Hi Jencat, sending love to you and your family. Hope the counselling helps you and as always we are all here for you if you need us. Once you have your new phone maybe you can join us on WhatsApp? xx

Hi jencat. Sending love to you and your family. When you have your suitably middle aged phone get yourself over to WhatsApp we’ll take care of you xx Had a great time on the walk yesterday despite the mud, gradient and rain. We’re all a little bit broken today but over £3,000 has been raised for this great charity 😊
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, good to hear from you ❤️ Its grieving Jencat 😘😘I am glad you are going to get some support for yourself and daughters 👭👭 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Go go go all you ladies taking part in today's walk/run at Chatsworth - hope it goes well.    Love Jay68 - May 2017 chemo starter! x

Thank you Shi  for your message and for putting my name on your pink ribbon, that's really lovely x  Love to you and all the Oct'17 girls x

Good luck to you all on the walk today-sorry I'm not mentioning you by name, but I don't know who's going. I'll be thinking of you all and look forward to hearing all about it! (A picture on our thread maybe?) 

Shi mentioned you'd been asking about me, that's really kind of you, thank you. I'm up and down, more down really. Myself and my girls are struggling without Dad, there hasn't been a day yet where I haven't had a cry.Our local hospice has offered me some grief counselling, which I'm going to start in a couple of weeks time and which hopefully will help. I'm also 'mourning' leaving work suddenly-my daughter and I were going to nurse Dad at home and I couldn't cope with work as well. I think in time I'll probably realise that was the best decision even although Dad died soon after I'd decided to leave.

Sue W I think you said you'd text me-thank you, my phone's not receiving them!  YD and I plan to go phone shopping next week! My laptop's not working either-I fell asleep the other day with a cup of tea in my hand.....! I'm using YD's laptop at the moment. I noticed she'd left a tab open which said 'what sort of phone is suitable for a middle aged woman who's not good with technology?' ! Smiley Happy  xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat and buddyfan you are on my pink ribbon too, sorry last post didn’t read right 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat and buddyfan ❤️❤️Sending ❤️❤️ And mishy 18 I’ve put you on my pink ribbon for the bcc walk at chatsworth on Saturday ❤️❤️ 👭👭and don’t know what weather has been like in your areas, but I wish the rain would clear off to Spain on the plane 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻To quote Eliza Doolittle 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Lovely to hear from you Mishy 😊. Glad that things with your family are going well. I’m not surprised that you have your narky moments. I find that I’m far less tolerant than I used to be. I’ve always needed time alone but I get really peopled out these days and can’t stand stand bickering about little things, I just want to tell people to get real 😂. Enjoy your summer activities and hopefully the weather will improve again soon too xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy ❤️❤️You are not a narky git ❤️❤️You are 😁😘wonderful, so good to hear that ella’s Taking after her nana 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️Nowt wrong with a bit of fistey 🥊🥊😁😁as you’ve shown us 💪💪terrific lady 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hello lovely ladies been a while hope you are all welj Shi has passed on your messages Jencat thanks😊

Buddy hope yov are getting along ok too Im chugging alng ok atm apart frm the odd meltdown 😨 I def have noticed how bad tempered i can be these days 😠😂 my OH thinks im a narky git 

Apart from the bc stuff everything is great son graduating july daughter doing well at work and my grandaughter is amazing a proper little headstrong girl 🖒 im also doing loads of lovely stuff i have a jam packed summer packed 😊 

Thanks for all the 👭 enjoy summer ladies 😙

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, Drummerswidow on anyone-starting chemo in Dec 18 thread could do with 👭in Kent if you could reach out beautiful 😘thank you 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi jencat hope your doing ok Hun 

i have text xxx 

So glad that you were able to give your dad a good send off Jencat xx Sounds like a good plan to spend some quality family time with your daughters 😊thinking of you x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️❤️Glad it was a beautiful send off for your dad ❤️❤️❤️Take each day a day at a time and have some ❤️❤️❤️Time with your girls. Big hugs and love Shi xx

Buddyfan, thank you so much for your kind wishes and hugs and so pleased to hear that your CT scan was stable xx

Thank you all for your kind wishes for Dad's funeral last week. It went off very well and lots of people commented what a beautiful service it was, so hopefully Dad would have been pleased with what we did. YD and myself are now staying with ED for a while in Oxford-we couldn't face staying at home for Easter this year as it would have been too painful without Dad as he always took us out for lunch on Easter Sunday and have tea with us afterwards and again on Bank Holiday Monday xx

Hi Buddyfan,

Good to hear from you! The scar round my nipple has been quite sore the last few weeks and I did wonder if it was due to all the painting I’ve been doing or if it’s where I’ve put a bit of weight on and the scar tissue finds it difficult to expand. Not sure if that helps you at all. Never thought about stress affecting it but I suppose it could be that too 😊

Hi buddyfan 

nice to see you here in answer to your question I get some itching around scar tissue and what occasionally feels like electric shocks I had lumpectomy and full axillary clearance BC nurse said it’s nerve endings x 

not sure about it being stress related though x 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan 😘 good to hear last cr scan stable 👍 I find the weather seems to impact a bit on how my scar area feels, don’t know why it just does. I find stress can make things feel tight, but used to get tightness with stress well before the bc, so personally think that’s what stress did to me anyway. Glad your meds are working and you are not in any pain. I must ask you to please send that photo into country file that you took, it is one of the best wildlife photos I have ever seen, I think it would make the calendar for sure 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Good to hear from you buddyfan, I suspect stress could cause inflammation. Hope you get it sorted and glad to hear that you are stable xx How was yesterday Jencat, hope all went well and you were able to celebrate your dad’s life and remember the good times xx

Oh Jencat, so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending hugs 🤗🤗Xx I know I haven't been on for a while, I find denial is my best way of dealing with this crap. I'm still having reviews every 4 months because of the bone mets I think. But last ct scan was still stable so ticking along. Generally I don't get too much bone mets pain because of the shed load of meds I take for my paralysed arm pain. I just wanted to ask if any if you have sore feeling around your scar tissue? I didn't have rads but occassionally it feels really sore under my arm where my incision for lumpectomy was made and presumably where my lymph were taken. It doesn't look sore, nor sore to touch really. I have had it before, occasionally after my Zometa shot. I had a ballistic row with a relative a couple of days ago and since then this sore feeling has flared up. Can stress affect lymph?
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️❤️Shi xx

Thinking of you Jencat xxx

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday Jencat and will pray that all goes well. Lots of love xx

Thank you all very much for your kind wishes, I really appreciate them. My Dad's funeral is on Tuesday 16th, which still seems unreal and I'm dreading, but hopefully Dad would have been pleased with what we've arranged xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, sending big ❤️❤️❤️From all of us 👭👭👭👭we are thinking of you and here for you ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕Shi xx

Jencat sorry to hear that you lost your dad, sending you my thoughts,  you have lots of lovely memories to hold onto xxxx

Jencat I'm so sorry!  Deep love leaves a deep hole but I hope that hole is filled with many happy and lovely memories! Xxx

Community Champion

Jencat

So sorry to hear about your dad passing and wanted to send you lots of love and hugs, thinking about you xxxx

Jencat so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending lots of hugs your way xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 😘😘sending you and all the family big ❤️❤️❤️ The love and memories are yours always and they will bring great comfort as the days pass jencat ❤️❤️Chaffinch, can’t believe it’s a year already since you lost you dad sending ❤️❤️😘😘to you too 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Jencat, so sorry to hear your sad news about your dad. Sending 💖 💗 and hugs. We are here for you 😘

Hi Jencat, so sorry to hear about your dad. You did him proud and he died surrounded by love. Hang onto the happy memories no one can take those away, take comfort in them now. It’s the anniversary of my dad’s death tomorrow so I feel for you all xx

Jencat, sending hugs. So sorry xxx

Thank you Shi, Ali and the Oct '17 girls for your kind words x Sadly my dad died on Sunday morning, we're heartbroken xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️❤️From rest of oct17 girls too 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Jencat, so sorry to hear that your dad is so poorly.  Thinking of you all xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️Don’t apologise for anything darling, you cherish every second you have with your dad. He will feel your touch and don’t stop speaking to him, he will still hear how much you love him and he will still hear when you speak about happy times and remembering things like holidays or Christmas or anything really you shared as a family. We are here for you jencat 👭👭always 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thank you Shi and all the lovely Oct '17 ladies, your kind thoughts are much appreciated. Sorry I'm only just acknowledging your post Shi, but I'm spending so much time with Dad and not getting home until late. We've managed to get Dad into a lovely care home, initially for respite care, but I think he'll probably stay there now. We're finding it hard that until recently Dad was very independent and in such a short space of time he is so poorly. He knows that we're with him and holds our hands, but sleeps alot now and we can't have a proper conversation with him anymore xx