358430posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Jencat, you are welcome! Hopefully they made you smile, if only briefly. We will always be here for each other, just let us know. Sending love to you and your girls 😘😘

Highlighted

You know we will always be here for you remember our notebook from meet up our numbers are in there we are available on the other end of the phone lots of love xx

Highlighted

Dear October '17 ladies, Thank you SO much for my beautiful flowers, it was very kind and thoughtful of you and I feel quite overwhelmed! They were a lovely surprise! x Thank you too for all your support, I really appreciate it. As you can imagine, I'm feeling anxious at the moment with the prospects of having scans next week and over analysing every ache and over thinking everything! They're going to recheck my mammogram to double check nothing was overlooked then, although I also saw the consultant and he said everything felt fine, so hoping the cancer has just appeared since then! I suppose I'm in a bit of shock that it was clear then and not now! Hopefully everything will seem a little easier once I've got a treatment plan. Anyway, thank you once again my lovely friends and love to all of you xx

Highlighted

Hi Jencat - Sarah from Feb 2019 group here.

I'm so sorry to read your news, I haven't been here on the forum for a while, and last year feels so long ago, but I remember you well as you were always popping into our group and being super helpful.

You must be devastated right now as any of us would be (and sadly some more of us probably will be) at the prospect of going through it all again.  But I have at least one hopefully encouraging anecdote.

A friend of mine had her first bout of breast cancer (as she puts it) over 20 years ago.  It came back 3 years later in the same breast at which point she had that one removed.  It came back again 5 years later on the other side, when she had the other Mx and a third round of chemo.  She has now been 15 years clear, is tremendously active (one of the fittest 55 year olds you will ever meet) and all is good.  She even grew to love her chemo curls (which never went away) as she now has lovely long wavy hair.  

So glad they have caught your new one super early.  But so sorry you have to go through the whole rigmarole again 

Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi Jencat

I hope you don't mind but I've told the rest of the February 19 ladies about your diagnosis. They have all asked me to send you their love and best wishes. There is of course offers of help if you need it. Daisydi has been in and posted on our thread so it's easier to locate. There's a link there so if you want to chat on our Facebook Messenger group we can add you to our group. 

All our love, the February 19 group xxxxxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear this Jencat. We are all very much still here for you and each other. Sending love to you and your girls. Hoping they come up with a treatment plan for you quickly and please feel free to lean on us for support whenever you need us. ((((Hugs)))
Highlighted

Jencat, so sorry to hear your news ☹️ Sending love and hugs, you know where we are if you need us 😘😘

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, so sorry to hear your news 👭 please keep us posted and we are all here for you ❤️ Step by step again. 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

My thoughts are with you Jencat. Sending you hugs ❤❤❤❤❤. 

Love Susie B xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sending hugs to you and your family Jencat. Xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Jencat,

its a shock when bc rears its ugly head again.

i do know how it feels believe me....

think we've talked in the past... TNBC twice in 2 years.  Like you i had to have mastectomy and then chemo.

we must try n be brave and face up to this challenge AGAIN.

Stay in touch .  Mini mad xx 💖💖

Highlighted

As always our thoughts are with you x 

love to you and the girls x 

Highlighted

Oh Jencat, I'm so sorry to hear that. We all had everything crossed for you today. At least it's been found early if it doesnt appear on any of your other scans. Dont forget we are all still here for you any time you need us. Lots of love and licky penguins 👅🐧 from your sisters, the October 2017 girls xxxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages. Unfortunately I found out today that the cancer has returned in the same place as before. Not sure yet if it is a new primary or a recurrence, probably the later. I've been told I've got to have a mastectomy in the next few weeks and most likely chemo again, don't know yet if it is TN again, but it probably is. Only 'positive' thing is that they don't think it was there when I had my mammogram in August and it didn't definitely show up on the scan I had at the end of Dec, so hopefully it has been found early. As you can imagine, myself and my girls are feeling devastated xx

Highlighted

Got everything crossed for you today Jencat 😘
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, rest of oct17 thread and ladybowler send ❤️👭❤️For you for today ❤️Please let us know how you get on 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, runnerbean sends ❤️👭❤️For today to you too 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Jencat, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow, sending love 💕 Please let us know how you get on 😘😘

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat big❤️❤️❤️And 👭👭👭 from jellytot for you xx

Highlighted

Sending lots of love to you Jencat, will be with you (virtually) tomorrow xx

Highlighted

We're all thinking of you Jencat xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jencat 👭 glad your daughter is going with you tomorrow Jencat, it’s hard to know what’s what when waiting for biopsy results mine were back in 4 days back in 2017. But I think each trust is different. We have got your gold hot pants and you are not going anywhere. I saw buddyfan posted on another thread the other day too so her gold hot pants still working well too. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow 👭we are here ❤️💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Jencat

I just popped in to update you on the Zolendronic acid situation and read your post. I hope the results show that everything is ok and it's scar tissue that's causing the problem. I'll pop back later in the week to see how you are.

As for me I had my first Zoledronic acid infusion a week last Friday and no side effects apart from a very slight headache the next morning. Thank you for you earlier help and advice regarding TNBC and the infusion.

Sending you hugs ❤❤❤.

Take care.

Susie B from the still very chatty on Facebook Messenger February 19 group. xx

Highlighted

Thank you Shi for your kind words xx

Chaffinch, thank you for thinking of me x I get my results next Tuesday, which will be over 3 weeks since I had the biopsy! Can't make up my mind if the delay is a good or bad thing! ED is coming home from Oxford today to come to the hospital with me and I think YD wants to attend too, so a family outing! Smiley Frustrated

I'm ok thanks, but worried as the doctor doing the biopsy said it was 50/50 if it was cancer again and feeling more anxious about it as the hospital date gets nearer! I'm hoping it is just hard scar tissue, that's what I was told at my check up in August and my mammogram was clear then. If it is scar tissue though, I'm hoping I can get some help with it as it's uncomfortable and painful xx

Highlighted

Morning Jencat, I’ve been thinking of you. When do you get your results? Hope you’re doing ok 😘
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 👭 it is good your team are doing full checks, they should be doing this to check to be sure ❤️ Remember till anyone actually tells you otherwise you do not have it ❤️ First Christmas without a parent is very difficult but you do learn to live with it, it takes time ❤️And you get to that point when you are ready ❤️ Speak to your bcn or use the someone like me facility on here ❤️ Don’t worry alone Jencat, you could always start a new thread to see if others have had the same and see how they got on ❤️💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Sorry to hear this Jencat. Hopefully it is the scar tissue giving you the problems and time will heal. We all know that waiting for results is the worst. Many fingers crossed 🤞 for you. Please keep us informed ❤️
Highlighted

Thank you Sue and Shi for your Christmas wishes. It was hard times being our first Christmas without Dad, but we did manage to do some nice things. 

Feeling really worried at the moment-I had a clear mammogram in August and I was also examined by a consultant, who said the hard scar tissue I was complaining about was from radiotherapy and normal. However, my breast has continued to feel hard, lumpy and at times painful and then I noticed it looked a bit bruised by the WLE scar, so phoned BCN. Went for a check this pm and consultant didn't seem too concerned, but sent me for a scan. The radiologist doctor did seem more concerned though and did a biopsy and I also had a mammogram to check clip she inserted was correctly in place. I asked the doctor what she thought and she said she was on the fence about it being cancer again, 50/50. I spoke to my consultant afterwards and she said it could just be scar tissue (which if it is, nothing can be done about it) but it could be bc again. So now, I've got a sore boob and an anxious 2wk wait for results ahead of me xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Merry Christmas Jencat And Buddyfan ❤️❤️Sending much ❤️To you and your families ❤️❤️❤️💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas Jencat and thank you for your card xxx 

love to you and the girls 

Highlighted

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas xx

Highlighted

Hey Buddyfan! Glad to hear you're recovering . 

Sending love and hugs xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi buddyfan 😘 glad you are feeling better and op results were good 👍and wound behaving for you. Sending big ❤️To you as always, hope you get pampered over Christmas or are you expected to do the full roast and trimmings? 💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Had terrible episode of extreme pain in arm and back due to fever, probably contracted when I went to surgery for dressing change. Temp spiked at 40 at one stage. Lasted 3/4 days but actually feel better now than I did before. Op review was good. The wound is remarkably good, no swelling and very clean. They cut it all out, turned out to be 3 cancers there. I can't emphasise this enough... CHECK YOUR BOOBS. Don't rely on CT scans.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey buddyfan 😘 that’s great news you are through op ok 👍 you dragged train driver off the back again didn’t you 😂🤣😂🤣😂 lot you be said for sponge bob square pants, dont forget about knitted knockers, if you haven’t already sent for them you can get ones to swim in too 😘  ❤️❤️❤️ Yep 2 years ago we were all coming up to half way through chemo 💪💪💪🥊🥊🥊🔫🔫🔫 and we are all still 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺as best we can 😁 sending big ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Had the mastectomy Monday week ago. Looks like it's healing well, not much swelling but it is very tender to touch as the bruising has started coming out. As lymph weren't involved, I think it was quite a simple procedure. Can't quite look at myself in the mirror. I have been out, sometimes with 'sponge Bob square boob' the temp softie, sometimes not. Back is gradually improving I think/hope, although it still feels like I've been thumped in my back when I first get up. I hope you're all doing well, two years down the line.
Highlighted

Glad you’ve had your treatment. That’s a shame about the holiday though. Hope your surgery goes well and you are are recovered from it well before Christmas 😘
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Buddyfan, sorry you have had to cancel holiday. 😘 glad to hear calcium ok and treatment got go ahead 👍 you’ve  been 💪💪 telling people at your husbands concert well done, you are fantastic buddyfan ❤️❤️😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Calcium was ok this week so I've had zometa and the rad zap. Went to a gig yesterday with my husband playing, back where we used to live. All a bit emotional telling people, but I'm glad I have. I've got to cancel the holiday as we can't afford to lose the humongous amount we have to pay on 20th to complete booking. The insurance wouldn't actually be enough to cover us, I was going to increase it when nearer the date to pay. Unfortunately that is now and I can't get a fit for travel yet until after the masectomy on 25th. Stay strong all of you.
Highlighted

Hi Buddyfan,

Glad to hear you’re ok if a little shaken by your experience. You would think they could advise you to go straight to the doctors for a second test instead of sending the ambulance if they know some of them are false results. However saying that if it had been a true result you would’ve been happy they are so vigilant. It’s good your son now knows as that will take some of the stress away. Rant on here as much as you like, we’ll always be here 😘😘

Highlighted

Hi Buddyfan,

just wanted to say I was thinking about you and sending support while you are struggling through this difficult side of your treatment. Hope rads go ok for you Friday. So frustrating when you have avoidable scares like the potassium fiasco - it’s scary enough without that. Let the tears through as they help you cope with the emotional build up. We are here for you. It’s good to share how you are feeling. Do you live anywhere near London? Could meet you for a coffee one day if you like? Sending hugs xxx 

Highlighted

What a roller coaster for you buddyfan ❤️ It does seem a very odd system, you would think if they know that potassium test can give false positives, the first thing they would do would be a fresh test and that the paramedics would be trained to do it. Nightmare of emotions for you all. I was going to ask if you’d told the family about your diagnosis. You need their support and they wouldn’t like you to be carrying this alone. Wishing you a drama free week, hope your calcium levels improve do that you can get your treatments on time. You are in our thoughts feel free to come here for a rant any time and we will provide the hugs and support 😘
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

👭❤️👭buddyfan what a week you’ve had, it’s good you’ve not cancelled holiday, focus on it, you will go on it 💪💪💪it’s ok to have a 😢 it’s good to get them out rather than bottling it up 👭❤️👭it’s good you are getting sleep and glad your show has told son 💪 you can concentrate on you 👍 Big ❤️As always buddy fan and we have got hold of your oct17 gold hot pants tight 👭👭like it not lovely lady 😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Had a bit of a scare on Wednesday. I was offered chemo bus on Friday for my zometa bone infusion if I could get bloods done day or so before. Normally I get bloods at the hospital, chill for hour or so for lunch then have infusion. Chemo bus is half hour nearer so thought great. Had bloods done at 8:30 Wednesday. Got a call from hospital at 7pm to say potassium was High so they'd like to see me. Said OK, I'll go in on Thursday. They said no, we want to see you now. They asked how far away we were, I said 40mins and they said in that case call 999.😲😲😲. Called 999 said maybe an hour, so decided to go by car. Got ready to go, then son appeared and said did we know there was an ambulance outside. So that took less than 10mins. They did ecg as hospital had said my potassium was 7.5. The normal potassium level in the blood is 3.5-5.0, between 5.1-6.0 mild, 6.1-7.0 moderate, above 7 severe hyperkalemia, which can give heart attack I think. Tests were all OK but as my normally very good blood pressure was super sky high, I opted to go in the ambulance. As my back pain could have npbeen masking chest pain, I think that's why they diverted off their ordinary call. Anyway, they did immediate test at a and e and potassium ok. Apparently if blood test left too long, it can result in High potassium. But get this, doc said it can happen 4/5 times a night and maybe 1/50 is a true problem. Something wrong with the processes there. All those wasted NHS services must because blood test was left standing too long. Won't make that mistake again, I'm going back to normal blood test at hospital before infusion. Turned out my calcium was too low to have the infusion. zometa lowers calcium so they've given me calcium tablets and we're going to try again on Thursday. Then my radio is on Friday. Annoyingly clashing with a once a month really enjoyable club I go to. Oh well. Psychologically, I'm feeling a bit better. Sleeping OK, fewer tearful moments, although the slightest thing can still throw me. DH tolld my son, so I feel better that I'm not having to hide my feelings. Still can't get back to feeling I'm going to beat the average of 5 years, which is how I felt before this all blew up again. Doesn't help that DH's sister has been given terminal status for myeloma. It's all a bit too close to home for my liking. She's younger than me. It feels good to blurt out my feelings. DH is wonderful and son is giving even more hugs than normal, and that was a lot even before he knew I had cancer. Still haven't completely cancelled holiday . I know I've got to., told insurance, but not the holiday company. Thanks for being there. Hope you're all doing well. Have you got back to pre cancer fitness and capabilities?
Highlighted

How are things buddyfan?
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

If you want to eggy Jeff buddyfan you know our ears can take it, but a bleepty bleep always gets a 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 glad you’ve got a date for mastectomy 😘have you tried the surgery threads to see if anyone who has had a mastectomy can give you any support and advice? Sending big ❤️💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Ha, I see I can't be that explicit with my language. Bleep was💩!
Highlighted

As ever, thanks for the info ladies. Bit of a **bleep** day really, the breast care's doctor saying it hasn't spread anymore, only referred to not spreading to organs. However, there are some small spots in my sacrum and pelvis and a slight increase in the original mets around bra strap level. So the rads idea wasn't for the old area but for the lower area as she doesn't want the cancer to damage nerves serving the 'undercarriage' as she called it. I'll only get one zap so not onerous. My mastectomy will probably be on 25th Nov. They rang me with that info before we even got home. They've certainly been on the boil since deciding it was cancer again.
Highlighted

Hi buddyfan

i bought some cheap travel bottles from the pound shop filled them with E45 and used to keep them in the fridge taking one out each day, taking it with me and putting it on as soon as I came out of rads and was getting dressed 

the ritual of going every day (I had 23 sessions)!was tiring but plenty of fluid and naps helps you get through 

hugs to you x

Highlighted

Hi Buddyfan, that’s really good news! As the others have said rads are ok you just need to keep slapping on the moisturiser and regularly air the treated area. I used e45, aloe Vera gel and moo goo. You do get fed up with the sight of the hospital though but its over in a flash 😊