cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi jencat ❤️❤️Hope you are getting in on this week at work, pace yourself, it’s easy to do too much too soon 😘😘buddyfan, thinking of you and hope you’ve got another holiday planned ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Just wanted to say thank you for your good wishes for last Friday when I went back to work. I was exhausted by playtime! I had a good morning though, but found it tiring. It's bound to be like that for a while though, I haven't worked since last October! x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤪🤪🤪🤪how can you say that mishy 🤪🤪🤪I still remember the blue titty comment on the may17 thread way back when you had me 🤣😂🤣😂🤣you are a honorary 🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Oct lady and we ❤️❤️❤️you. Hi sue 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I am good mishy thank you x hope you are ok too x
Got oncology appointment coming up and my 1st mammogram and back at work
Getting back to normal (ish) x 🤣🤣

Hi Sue hows you hooe all is well, yes i love you oct ladies you are all marvellously bonkers which is a lot like me which is why i still pop in and have a bit of banter with you all xxx

Ha ha ha I do love you girls and so proud to call you all my friends

Paulus I can honestly say we laughed our way through chemo and totally looked after each other
Of course read our thread you may think we are bonkers but that’s ok because we are and if you have any questions feel free to ask x

Hi meesh hows you?! You made me laugh with the 3rd boob 😂😂😂 really pleased it was nothing to worry about hiya girls there literally too many to name of the trot hope you all have a great day and Shi get them bloody trainers i got my pink vans with my chemo mullet you know you want to!!! 😂 have a fabulous weekend everyone 👍

I don't usually look at chemo threads, because it feels like being nosey sometimes, but scrolling through 'latest posts', Meesh73, your comment got my curiosity - and bless you and your husband for your wonderful sense of humour - your comment about 3 boobs/seaside/horrified consultant had me in fit of giggles for ages. All the best x

He was worried that we might not have enough Euros 😂🤣😂We'll never have to worry about running out of money now with my 3rd booby 😂

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy that’s going to be a magical birthday for her, you are the bestest Nan 😁😁😁😁 meesh 🤣😂🤣😂🤣make sure oh doesn’t tip up holiday funds while you are away by getting you to show off your third titty 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 can just imagine the consultants face 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 have a great holiday ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Aye Shi 😂😂 shes one 2nd Oct shes my 🌎 i 😍😍😍😍😍 her to the moon and back im doing a winnie the pooh themed birthday for her with mini Disney soft toys pooh characters the film the books she loves stories and a little jar of manuka she can have it once shes a year old!!! With a teddy bears tea party!!!!!!
Glad your day at work went well jencat good to know you are getting plenty of support x

Hello ladies! Haven't been on for a while so just catching up. Mishy, Shi I wore heather shimmer and also blue mascara and eyeliner too and also spent far too much on secondhand 501s 😂

Jencat, glad to hear you've been back to work, take things easy and I hope it helps to make you feel more like yourself.

I discovered I had a swollen armpit on my non-surgery side a few weeks ago and finally had my appointment today. It turns out I'm growing a 3rd boob 😳😱😂 Apparently 2% of women have breast tissue in their armpit and one of them happens to be me! Had ultrasound and everything is ok they think it's probable the tamoxifen that's made it swell. OH said he was going to take me to the seafront and charge people to look at my 3 boobs 😂🤣😂The consultant look horrified.

Buddyfan, hope you're doing ok? I'm off to Ireland on holiday on Sunday, getting quite excited now 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat ❤️❤️How are you getting on now a few days in darling? It’s lovely getting back into a routine again isn’t it, but don’t over do it and you go at your own pace don’t let anyone rush you or pressure you to do too much too soon. Buddyfan, hope you’ve managed a bit more swimming in your beautiful little secret place, sad to see you didn’t enter your brilliant dragonfly photo to countryfile, please enter it next year it is a stunningly beautiful photo ❤️❤️Ali 💕💕💕to you hope you are ok. Mishy looks like you’ve been getting the best of the 🌞 this week pet 😁😁isn’t your granddaughter having her big 1st birthday soon, I can’t believe she’ll be 1 already, where’s that gone? Big ❤️❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Thank you all for your kind wishes and for thinking about me x Yesterday pm went ok and I only cried once! (one of the voluntary helpers had come in and she was telling me that her mum and SIL had suffered with anxiety after they'd recovered from cancer and she understood why I'd be feeling it too. She also offered to come into school to help me sometimes, which was kind) Anyway, we didn't have the training after all as there'd been a mix up, but tbh I was quite pleased about that as it meant I could just chat and potter!

I'd picked up my Fit For Work note from the doctor's before I went into school and was glad I did as it made my back to work meeting easier as the note is for 6wks (and states it can be extended if needed) and stipulates what work I should be doing, ie only 1/4 or a 1/3 for the first 2weeks and then slowly extended, so I'm only working Fri morn this week and next and having another meeting after that to see how I'm coping.

I'm not sure if I can even remember how to take the register, so that might be half the morning gone doing that! Smiley Happy xx

Hi jencat how did it go today ? X
Didn’t want to text in case you needed an early night after what I am sure would have been an emotional day xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 👍👍👍well done darling getting first day back done, it’s really strange the first day, but you’ve ticked this off now on the journey another hurdle done 👍👍👍it does get easier and your routine and brain do click back in, it takes a few weeks for things to click back into place, so don’t be to hard on yourself if your not back at 100 Miles an hour for the first few months😘😘mishy, I’ve gone full animal print mental and don’t care if it doesn’t suit my curly mullet, I’m owning it 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 I really wanted a pair of those white Fila trainers that are in too, but I looked a bit of a plank when I tried some on, so bit miffed, still want some though 🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat hope your day went well today and you enjoyed being back xxx
Community Champion

Hope it is not too difficult for you today - Jencat.
Community Champion

Hi Jencat - I'm from May 2017 group - I just bouncing around on here and see your message - good luck for today! Once you've made the return it's surprising how quickly it all returns. I work in school too and it's amazing that once you're surrounded by the children once again life appears normal - it really does help with the healing process. Just don't overdo it though and ensure you get plenty of rest and relaxation at the end of the day. Thinking of you x

First day back at work today after being away for 11mths! (well not a whole day actually, just this pm for a meeting with my Head and some IT training) I've got mixed feelings-when I had to 'leave' in Oct because my onc said I couldn't be around the children, I couldn't imagine being absent for so long and couldn't wait to get back, now I'm not sure that I feel ready to return as I don't feel 100% fit physically and especially mentally, but I suppose this feeling is normal?! Part of me thinks perhaps i should have had a few more weeks off, but then maybe it might have been harder to return.

I dreamt I had a class of children last night and I lost them when they went to the toilet before lunch, think it must be anxiety manifesting itself in my sleep! xx

Well done Cassie Smiley Happy Very impressed you were able to climb a mountain! (and play a violin at the top!) I'm not surprised you felt a bit achy, I'm worn out just climbing a hill! xx

Mind don't know if ill carry off red lippy now, i have noticed there is a alot of 80's and 90's fashion in shops atm but not really sure about some if it when i think back the 90s was horrible fashion def some of my worst haircuts and clothes came from thr 90s!!!! There s alot of mustard which was never my colour and leopard print i bought a scarf last week as i don't think i can carry off full leopard print niw so save it for accessories!!!!

I did shi but i also liked my vintage ones with lots of rips it was a shop called flip usa its actually still there £25 for a pair of "vintage" 501s my mam went crazy for me buying old jeans for that much haga it was a lot in the 80s wasn't it 😂😂😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂mishy, is forgotten about heather shimmer, it was similar to Bon Bon that number17 did and what about number 17s blondie too everyone had that and miners make up, remember how bright and colourful miners was 😁😁😁 did you shrink your 501’s to fit in the bath mishy like they told you to? Luckily there was a shop that imported from USA near me where we could pick up 501’s second hand at good £ back in the 80’s ❤️❤️❤️and you made me 😁😁reminding us about the red lippy 🤣😂🤣😂🤣that’s back on trend for a/W 2018 👍👍👍and I cant believe your granddaughter is nearly 1, where’s this last year gone, it only seems 5 minutes since she was born. 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Heather shimmer or pink shimmer rimmel also wore Constance Caroll and def the electric blue mascara had a rimmel blue shimmer eyeliner too haha tge late 80s thought i was very sophisticated with my red lipstick and worn out 501s actually paid good money for second hand 501s from a shop in Newcastle which cashed in on the trend worn with a waistcoat of course 😂😂😂😂 oh and the corkscrew perm 👍
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, glad you enjoyed mamma Mia, I’ve not been yet and think we are all being caught out with a bit of a 😢over the slightest thing, think it’s all part of the journey. Did you have the poncho pink loopy from number17 or were you a sweet sizzle or twighlight teaser gal Mishy? And did you finish off with electric blue mascara and liner too? I did back in the day and did you ever try them polly papilliton bendy pink rollers 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂they were something else 😂🤣😂🤣😂weren’t they 🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Well done what an achievement i hope you are proud of yourself lass thats great 👍
Isn't this weather lovely atm a proper Indian summer finally went to pics to see mamma mia wow it was fabulously cheesy but i loved it in fact i could definitely go and see it again wasn't expecting to end up blub in the pictures mind 😂😂😂 very embarrassing it doesn't take alot now im a hormonal menopausal mess
Shi im ashamed to admit it but i really did have the limahl haircut back in the day 😂😂worst thing is i thought it looked great x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Very well done Cassie and well done for raising so much money 😁😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Well we made it up and down Ben Nevis yesterday! We got to play our violins at the top even though it was very wet and windy. I'm a bit achey this morning. 🎻🎶🎶🎶🎶

Good luck Cassie and I think it's amazing what you're doing! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hiya Cassie, I’ve text you darling ❤️❤️❤️Please let me know and 👍👍👍👍💪💪💪💪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻For tomorrow 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hiya.
How are we all?
So tomorrow my friend Jamie and I are setting off to Scotland. On Saturday we are climbing Ben Nevis with our violins to raise money for Breast Cancer Care. We have over £500 of sponsor money which is amazing.
If you don't hear from me for a couple of days I'll be up a mountain in Scotland!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 none of us are bad tempered, a bit 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 but no 🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬on here😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Got sent my next appointment to see my surgeon today-August 2019-that's very organised!

Had to smile at my letter regarding last weeks appointment when I got my mammo results-it said "I reviewed this very pleasant lady in clinic today"- wondered if they would also write "I reviewed this very unpleasant/bad tempered lady" etc! Smiley Happy x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank jencat 😘😘great hair tip again mishy another one for the shopping list thank you 😘😘the only thing to do is embrace it mishy, 2018 the year of embracing our mullets 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂 can’t wait for it to be lovely big enough to get the straighteners on it 🤪🤪🤪🤪do a proper limahl on it then, tooo shy shy, hush hush I do I 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hey girls another lovely product i can recommend for your new hair especially for the new curlies is a conditioner from lush called American Cream its absolutely gorgeous makes hair so soft ands smells mmmm i still use the new shampoo once a week as the girl in shop recommended it for long time use as it helps the hair growth cycle and keeps it strong with this conditioner yoyr hair just feels lovely the curly wurly shampoo is also lovely Shi glad you are embracing your mullet in true 80's homage mines never been in such good condition its probably because i used to have highlights all the time and yeah by Christmas you will be all sporting lovely new hairstyles im kind of liking shortish hair easier to style very in atm xx

Glad you received it ok Shi,I had a job to read my writing, so wasn't sure I'd sent it to the correct address!

I'm not sure if I've said this to you already, but so pleased you had good mammo results xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat, thank you for my beautiful card ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks ladybowler 😘😘buddyfan glad you had nice time in Cornwall with your sister ❤️❤️ Glad you got your why me off your chest beautiful lady but sorry to hear you are trying for the miss 1980’s perm come footballers mullet of the year 2018 crown with a few others of us who’ve ended up chemo curly 😂🤣😂🤣😂 but isn’t it just nice to have hair again 👍👍sure beats the turtle heads we’d got earlier this year 🤪🤪🤪 that’s brilliant he booked you a holiday, wasn’t prisoner filmed there in the 60’s? Loved that programme when c4 did the repeats in the 80’s. Don’t worry if Ryanair flaky buddyfan you’ll be enjoying Rome and all that beautiful architecture and culture, worth a flaky flight to be enjoying Rome ❤️❤️Have a wonderful time. 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Buddy thank you x you are entitled to a tearful day and a rant, it isn't fair that when you do everything it says on the tin this 💩 still can happen, i am really pleased to hear your last 2 scans have been good and they can keep the mets stable, sounds like you enjoyed Cornwall ive never been but plan to its one of my places in the uk to visit list!! Your planned trip with hubby sounds 💖 what a lovely thing to do for you 👍
Jencat hi im not sure what the op will be which is whats scaring me the most 😨 i seen neuro surgeon 2nd Oct which seems like a lifetime away at the minute (never been good with waiting!) but as i have a narrowing of spinal canal and some indenting of my spinal cord in 2 levels of my neck it os probably going to be a nut and bolt job 😨 so in meantime no heavy lifting repetitive head neck movements hoovering gardening or anything
I will def ask about bone strengthening stuff as i def think im through the menopause and need all the help i can get in my bone department 🤔
1st class travel sounds fab really pleased you got to go and see your freinds bet it was lovely xxx

Thank you Ali and hoping you get good results too (when will you get them?) That's good your hair has grown back so well and you're happy with it, I think mine looks like it's been hacked by a two year old!

I know what you mean by that 'did it really happen?' feeling, I feel like that too! And yes, your comments do make sense!

Can't believe it's less than two weeks before school goes back! I'm pleased I'm able to work, but feel quite nervous about it as I don't feel back to normal yet and a bit worried that I'll be able to cope (I was anxious last week just catching a train to my friends) xx

Meesh, I'm glad I was able to pull up my Wonder Woman pants up too Smiley Happy x

Glad you had a good time with your family x

Thank you Jill x I gave you a wave when I went through Lancaster Smiley Happy I've definitely got a taste for 1st Class travel now! Smiley Happy I'm glad I was able to see my friends last weekend and we had a nice time together x

Thank you Mishy x So sorry to read that you're in pain with your back. Do you know how long it will be before you will have your op? x

Thank you Helena x How are you? x

Buddyfan, thank you so much for your kind comments about our mammograms. I can understand you being upset yesterday and it isn't fair that you've done all the right things and have bone mets. Sending you a hug x

I'm so pleased to hear that the CT scans haven't shown any more developments.

Glad you had a good time in Cornwall-I love it there, but haven't been there for years. My ED's friend has an apartment there, so I'm hoping I can visit before too long with my daughters as I'm sure they would love it there (ED was 3 when we last went and YD has never been!)

When was your 60th birthday Buddy? What a thoughtful thing your OH did, even if it is to the same place Smiley Happy I haven't been to Portmeirion, but would love to go.

I hope you have a good time in Rome and you don't have any problems with your flight xx

Hi ladies. I’m so glad you’re all getting clear mammos back. Mishy, glad to hear you haven’t got mets but I understand how frightening back issues, of any type, can be. I think you might be right to ask for the bone strengthener, I have zoladronic acid every three months atm. I think they also call it Zometa. It’s such an anxious time of year for us. As I have bone mets I have already had two CT scans since chemo end. Both no further developments. Is that NED? I’m not sure what NED stands for. I had a wobbly yesterday as a get totally p****d off that they’re now saying drinking can cause cancer, especially oestrogen forms, because I never f*****g drank. I also don't smoke, eat shed loads of fruit and veg, don’t dye hair, only use glass and ceramic in microwave, etc etc. So it was a right ‘why me’ moment.

My chemo curl is really tight, a bit bottle brush like. I’m not sure I like it, but it is a revelation that short hair does suit me and even I concede that it makes me look younger than my previous, old long hair, up in a clip look.

Cornwall was lovely and fun being with my sister. I didn’t bodyboard, head actually ruled my heart for once. I do keep thinking about wingwalking though, but again, I think head should rule, oh well.

Wonderful OH booked up a mini break staying in ‘The Village’ at Portmeirion for my 60th birthday. The last time he booked a holiday was in the late 80’s to…….Portmeirion. 😂🤣😂🤣 I can highly recommend a trip, as Pm is quite magical. We also did the local zip wires over the slate quarries, all very safe for my back. Now I’ve got to unpack and repack for our trip to Rome. I need to have a rest at home after all that. I’m a bit stressed though, as it’s a Ryanair flight and then cruise. Now I’m worrying about how flaky Ryanair are and will we get there in time?
Community Champion

Jencat

Yay that is fab news about your memmo xx

Community Champion

Shi

Oh mate that is fab news about your mammo.  Sorry only just seen this as I have had to use my tablet due to my laptop dying on me however all up and running again, thank god Smiley Happy

Shi, I'm so pleased to hear that your mammogram was clear too Smiley Happy xx