62218members
327548posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Thank you Jill x I gave you a wave when I went through Lancaster Smiley Happy I've definitely got a taste for 1st Class travel now! Smiley Happy I'm glad I was able to see my friends last weekend and we had a nice time together x

Thank you Mishy x So sorry to read that you're in pain with your back. Do you know how long it will be before you will have your op? x

Thank you Helena x How are you? x

Buddyfan, thank you so much for your kind comments about our mammograms. I can understand you being upset yesterday and it isn't fair that you've done all the right things and have bone mets. Sending you a hug x

I'm so pleased to hear that the CT scans haven't shown any more developments.

Glad you had a good time in Cornwall-I love it there, but haven't been there for years. My ED's friend has an apartment there, so I'm hoping I can visit before too long with my daughters as I'm sure they would love it there (ED was 3 when we last went and YD has never been!)

When was your 60th birthday Buddy? What a thoughtful thing your OH did, even if it is to the same place Smiley Happy I haven't been to Portmeirion, but would love to go.

I hope you have a good time in Rome and you don't have any problems with your flight xx

Hi ladies. I’m so glad you’re all getting clear mammos back. Mishy, glad to hear you haven’t got mets but I understand how frightening back issues, of any type, can be. I think you might be right to ask for the bone strengthener, I have zoladronic acid every three months atm. I think they also call it Zometa. It’s such an anxious time of year for us. As I have bone mets I have already had two CT scans since chemo end. Both no further developments. Is that NED? I’m not sure what NED stands for. I had a wobbly yesterday as a get totally p****d off that they’re now saying drinking can cause cancer, especially oestrogen forms, because I never f*****g drank. I also don't smoke, eat shed loads of fruit and veg, don’t dye hair, only use glass and ceramic in microwave, etc etc. So it was a right ‘why me’ moment.

My chemo curl is really tight, a bit bottle brush like. I’m not sure I like it, but it is a revelation that short hair does suit me and even I concede that it makes me look younger than my previous, old long hair, up in a clip look.

Cornwall was lovely and fun being with my sister. I didn’t bodyboard, head actually ruled my heart for once. I do keep thinking about wingwalking though, but again, I think head should rule, oh well.

Wonderful OH booked up a mini break staying in ‘The Village’ at Portmeirion for my 60th birthday. The last time he booked a holiday was in the late 80’s to…….Portmeirion. 😂🤣😂🤣 I can highly recommend a trip, as Pm is quite magical. We also did the local zip wires over the slate quarries, all very safe for my back. Now I’ve got to unpack and repack for our trip to Rome. I need to have a rest at home after all that. I’m a bit stressed though, as it’s a Ryanair flight and then cruise. Now I’m worrying about how flaky Ryanair are and will we get there in time?
Community Champion

Jencat

Yay that is fab news about your memmo xx

Community Champion

Shi

Oh mate that is fab news about your mammo.  Sorry only just seen this as I have had to use my tablet due to my laptop dying on me however all up and running again, thank god Smiley Happy

Shi, I'm so pleased to hear that your mammogram was clear too Smiley Happy xx

Shi haven't heard from fairy she might be on one of the Facebook or WhatsApp things not ike us two hope shes ok
Ali ooh lush blonde hair you lucky thing 👍 its lovely to hear you are feeling good i was shopping today with daughter for her birthday and found myself looking at everyone who had short hair and comparing to mine and thinking ahhhh i want your hair 😂😂😂 im rediculous about it i trawl through pinterest looking at styles and i have rediculous amounts of hairband scarf things in every colour going!!!! Really think i have too much time on my hands hate not having a job, and hate that i still can't get back to normal and do normal things because of my stupid neck thing whats happening 😜😝😠 i really am dreading spine surgery but my GP said its quite serious having this type if thing if left untreated 😨 you couldn't make it up i swear in a previous life i must have been a witch or something 😂😂😂😂😂
Anyway enough of my moaning going to see mamma mia next week with daughter and seaside if its nice so im being distracted atm!!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ali 😘😘so glad you have had a lovely holiday in Gran Canaria 🌞🌞🏖🏖🏖and great you’ve got nice blonde nd crop going on 👍👍lots of 👭👭❤️❤️❤️For your mammo results. I know what you mean now we are all hitting one year marks with it all, it’s like we’ve all been in narnia 🤪🤪🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺but because of everyone narnia was 😁😁😁🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 and gold hot pant wearing parrrrtrtyyyy time 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻 Bit of conga by Miami sound machine playing ❤️❤️❤️Please send love to cherry b too. 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat and Shi - great news about mammos!! Well done she for braving the weekend and enjoying it. I came back from a lovely 12 day holiday in Gran Canaria on wednesday and enjoyed every minute of it! My blonde crop is also making me feel like me again too! Had my mammo today so praying for good results too. That year has gone so quickly and sometimes i think did that really happen??? Everyone is saying how well i look and i love it but it also makes me feel a bit scared too as i dont want wamt to take anything for granted! Hope that makes sense. Love to all xx

Shi the dickie strip is pure white, 😨 its not for the faint hearted 😂 it really does look like cruella devilles 😨
Ella is doing a cake smash photo shoot for her 1st birthday in October can you believe it shes nearly 1 and we have got her a fairy costume
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy 😘😘 the curly mullets coming on nicely thanks 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 so pleased you’ve managed little bob, you give us hope again that we too will hopefully have a possible style by Christmas 👍 it’s just great to have hair back even if it does look like a toddlers hacked at it 😂🤣😂 I’m sure you can cover your dickie Davis strip with something, this might sound strange but what about that just for men stuff if nothing will cover it, it always looks like it blooming works on the ads? Worth a try isn’t it? Or what about those coloured chalks the sue and I had? Hope you’ve been enjoying time with granddaughter, this Christmas will be toys galore at yours then, get her a little fairy outfit ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨ have you heard from fairy dust lately? I hope she’s ok. 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Shi its great news isn't it i hope you celebrated in style yeah def a reason to have a dance hows the hair coming along shi and the rest of you October ladies? Im not liking the colour change not going to lie and the bloody white bit at the front is making me look like cruella devil!!! Everyone says they like it but im not sure the hairdresser says it won't cover either with dye apparently there is no pigment there theres a name for it its a proper thing when it happens 😨 she thinks its from the shock 😨😂 anyway i was going to try those new hair make up things advertised but my daughter says it will look like what old ladies do to try and look young 😂 its growing really fast now had a short graduated bob type cut but have to tuck it behind my ears as i feel its still too short to wear down without looking frumpy
I have never moaned so much about my hair when i should be ecstatic thats i have it this time last year it had all fell out
Buddy did you get the pic entered into the competition yet? It was beautiful i hope you have been enjoying your special place you definitely have had the weather up till now, i hope your treatment is being kind to you and the se are minimal 💖
Keep loving life ladies and stay 💪👭♀️
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Cassie and mishy 😘😘 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Was a big 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Moment that’s for sure and called for a bit of dancing queen by ABBA 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😘💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Shi brilliant news re your mammo 👍

Hi all.
Good news Jencat and Shi 😘
Last weekend I was on a horseback archery course which I absolutely loved! It was amazing!!! Can't wait to do it again.
Hope you're all doing ok and having fun xx

Great news Jencat 👍
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat 👍👍👍👍wonderful news about your mammo 😁😁😁so very pleased for you ❤️❤️❤️Mine came back ok too 👍buddyfan, please put that dragonfly photo you too into countryfile competition it is a stunning photo you captured 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

So glad you had a good weekend Jencat - did you give me a wave ?!! And great news about your mammogram too .

Thanks for all your support and to Sue for putting my message on the forum. I had a lovely weekend and travelling 1st Class was a bonus! (Had to rough it on the way home though! Smiley Sad) Still felt a bit teary a couple of times, but I had a nice time, despite the roof leaking over my bed at the hotel on Sat night!

Good news-my mammogram was clear Smiley Happy xx

Good to hear that Jencats ok on the train and on her way to see her friends. I'm glad she pulled her Wonder Woman pants up high and was very brave. I wouldn't want any of us to be missing out on stuff now. Just back from a lovely day in Essex with my family. Had a little too much to drink and slept all the way home 😂

Buddyfan, hope you're ok and enjoyed your holiday in Cornwall! 

Community Champion

That's great Sue - she might as well travel in style !!!

Just got this message off Jencat xxx

Would you mind letting forum i'm ok please as i'd said i was anxious about catching train to see friends for weekend-i'm on the train! Yd said how i was feeling to train staff&i'm now in 1st class! Tell jill i'll wave at lancaster! Won't have internet till mon eve (get mammo results then) Thank you xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘😘hi jellytot hope you are doing ok darling, sorry you didn’t make London and hope to see you soon😘😘 thanks for this on the Tn ❤️❤️jencat 👭👭no wonder you’ve been a bit weepy darling, it’s understandable, we I am sure all have the whole finding it and where we were and who with firmly planted in our memories but little steps and building new positive memories is now what’s in order all at your own pace and when you are ready and you’ve been doing that already if you think about the packed few weeks you’ve had you’ve been doing amazing and you should be proud of yourself ❤️❤️👭hi Cassie, hope you are ok 👍😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Many of us suffer from post traumatic stress disorder to varying degrees and sometimes certain things trigger a memory that takes us right back to those horrible feelings when first diagnosed .The first mammogram also seems to bring it right back too .I live on the West Coast Mainline about an hour from Carlisle give me a wave when you go past Lancaster !!! They have free films to watch now on Virgin trains now - download the Beam app and you have music tv and films to help distract you .

Thank you as well Jill for telling me that anxiety is common after bc because I felt a bit silly, but can't help it, that I was fretting so much x

Thank you Jill x No, my friend couldn't meet me because she's already booked onto an earlier train. Feeling a little calmer now and not so tearful, so I'm going to hopefully go as I think I will regret it if I don't. Both my girls have been great and have spoken to my friend for me and explained my anxiety further. YD is going to come up to London with me and then all I've got to do is sit on one train!

I think part of my upset (subconsciously) is that I was with these friends last year when I found my lump. It was my friend from Wales daughter's wedding and my other friends were there too and the morning of the wedding I found the lump whilst in the shower. I didn't mention it to anyone because I didn't want to spoil the wedding and weekend, but because I was there by myself, I told no-one the whole weekend and then travelled home by myself and as YD pointed out to me, we haven't all been together since and the memories have resurfaced and knowing I'm coming home to my yearly appointment with my consultant and to get my mammogram results hasn't helped either x

Community Champion

Hello Jencat - don't feel stupid - anxiety is very common after treatment finishes and can be very debilitating .Its not surprising you feel a bit overwhelmed it's quite a lot to deal with - accept your daughters help and break the journey up a bit so it's a bit less overwhelming.The thought of these things is a lot worse than actually doing it - once you are settled on the train to Carlisle you will probably be fine .Can you arrange to meet your friend from Wales at a station en route -Crewe ??

Thank you Mishy for your reassuring words and understanding x I think I am too hard on myself and also trying to be strong for my YD and elderly dad. I don't know where all the tears have suddenly come from and now I've started, finding it hard to stop! I don't even know what I'm crying about! And the anxiety-I was fine catching a train to London on Monday, but now I feel anxious about it.

ED has offered to come down from Oxford and meet me off my train from Kent, take me for a coffee and then put me on the train to Carlisle! (My friends will meet me there) Really kind of her, but I feel a bit stupid that I might need her to do that. A big part of me wants to go and I'm sure it would be good for me to get away, but I'm also worried that I will spoil everything for everybody else if I get tearful or can't cope.

The hospital where I had my radiotherapy phoned me this morning to say my counselling can begin next Thursday-funnily I was going to phone them myself this morning to see how soon it would be before I could start as I really want to have had some before I return to work in Sept (another anxiety!) x

Jencat i agree do what is right for you i felt more vulnerable after the treatment than when on it as i felt i wasn't recovering as fast as i should have im a little bit ahead of you too i will tell you though this will pass and you will start to feel better gradually everyones recovery is different as some of us respond differently to chemo and some have more troubling se than others be kind to yourself thats some journey if your not 100% i couldn't have done it at yiur stage in recovery don't know uf i could still 👍 hope you are feeling a little better this morning 💖

Thank you Cassie xx Unfortunately we can't meet half way this time because my friend from Wales and I are staying with my friend at Carlisle on Friday night and unbeknown to my Welsh friend, her daughter in Scotland is joining us and then a B&B is already booked at the Lake District for the weekend.

I don't know where the tears all came from last night, but I think I'm still vulnerable and I can't cope with too much pressure. I'm probably expecting too much of myself a little too soon xx

Hi Jencat. Sending hugs xx
You do what's right for you. Maybe rearrange something with your friend and maybe meet half way so you don't have to travel so far. It's not a bad think to be putting yourself first. Gotta take care of no 1 xx

Feeling weepy this evening, it's a bit like the floodgates have opened and now it's a bit difficult to stop! I'm meant to be staying with my friend in Carlisle this weekend to celebrate another close friend's birthday (going Fri-Mon) but it's a long journey from Kent. When we arranged it 6mths ago I was still having chemo and I thought I'd be fine by now. I've still got neuropathy in my feet and fingers and not much stamina and I'm not sure I can do the journey, just the thought of it makes me feel tired! My friend was sweet and said she didn't think I was up to coming and I'll find the weekend tiring as it will be busy, but we'll get together another time and I need to put my health first. I don't think it has helped me mentally that I would be coming back to a consultant's app and my mammogram results. (Had a bit of a scare this morning because the hospital phoned and immediately I thought it must be because of last week's mammogram. My consultant isn't going to be there next Tues now, so the call was to change my app to Monday eve) My head is telling me it's a long way to go, but my heart is telling me that I want to go and see my friends.

ED has offered to drive me some of the way, which is kind of her. If I don't go, she's going to spend some of the weekend with me and said we'll do some nice things together.

Sorry to go on, just feeling a bit sorry for myself and frustrated that I'm not back to how I was pre-bc yet xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks sue 💕💕💕jencat, buddyfan ❤️❤️❤️And everyone else 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Have added in some alternative dates if you can vote for your preference ladies
https://doodle.com/poll/zyydg9w7dk6a3dd7

Hi ladies I am trying to arrange next meet up

Set up this poll to try and get a date suitable for everyone if you can vote please all welcome

https://doodle.com/poll/a4ambsd3wz789qzi

Aye Shi we were def away with the fairies last night worst thing is we can blame the cancer drugs anymore i swear i think i am missing a few brain cells since treatment 😨 haha 😂😂😂😂😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy we were both away with the 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️Last night ✨✨✨✨😁😁😁meesh you kept me 😁😁😁👍👍👍yesterday as always thank you and thank you ladies for checking up on me yesterday to see how it went ❤️❤️Love you. Buddyfan, hope your holiday is going well my darling and you are having a lot very time. Still think you should enter your dragonfly photo to country file competition, it is an amazing photo. Jencat hope your extended birthday weekend is 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻👍👍👍💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Jencat, hope you had a good birthday 🎉 yesterday.

Mishy, glad you're loving your curls and that the tips were useful. I also have my hair in a sort of inverted bob type style, although as you've probably found out styling curly hair can be tricky as some areas curl more than others 😂

Shi, glad you were ok yesterday hope my texts helped cheer you up 😊

Shi glad you are feeling OK i think you have a very good coping strategy there will give it a go!!! Love the fairy story with you and your Grandma its lovely yes i think i will do something like that for Ella even though shes only 10 months she was very intrigued by the little doors on the trees in the woods tbh i think I enjoyed it to!! Reminded me of a story my grandma used to read me when i stayed with her the faraway tree by Enid Blyton isn't it funny how something can remind you of such an old memory they definitely stsy with you and of course Shi you are def a Sparkle 👑 haha!!! I looked up the meaning of Ellas name and it means fairy like girl!!!!!
Went off tangent abit there!!!! Haha glad everything went well for you today 👍👭💪 keep sparkling Shi x
Have a fab week everyone x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi jencat, hope you had a look very birthday even though you didn’t get to seaside or did you go anyway? I like the fact you are having a “birthday extended weekend” by the sound of it enjoy it all darling😘mishy glad you had a look very day too with daughter and granddaughter ❤️❤️❤️You will have to get her a fairy nighty when she’s a bit older so when she has a stop over with you, you can tell her the fairy left something for her and then let her find a glittery little fairy nighty 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️That’s what my gran did for me and it’s still one of the most lovely memories I cherish ❤️❤️Mammo was ok and not painful, just 🙏🙏🙏🙏now for all ok when results come through. Thanks for asking everyone, it has been quite a 😳😳😳but I did have a bit of a shop before I went so I could think about the pretty things I bought and take my mind off it all for a bit and be me and forget for a bit this has all actually happened. Anyone else try and zone out just for a bit and pretend it never happened or is that just my coping mechanism? 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx

Jencat celebrate on Tuesday with your ED hope you had a good day x today was lovely in Newcastle so me daughter and Grandaughter had a lovely day out at plessy woods its beautiful there i can't wait to see our Ella enjoy it when shes a little older the trees have little fairy doors and ogre houses with some trees in one part with eyes painted on its like an enchanted forest an absolutely beautiful place we are lucky to have it but its a half hour drive at spring its awash with Bluebells the locals call it blue bell woods!!!!
My garden is looking a little limp think it needs a good water ytheres a job for me im not looking forward to my poor dog has an upset tummy has been sick a few times i rang the vets and the have told me to starve her then a bland diet shes not interested in food so not like her shes a greedy lab poor girl shes def not herself 😔 Shi i hope you were ok today pet its a milestone which unfortunately we all have to cross ♀️

Happy birthday Jencat x
How did you get on today Shi? Hope it went well x

Thank you Sue x I feel like having a tantrum cause it's raining and I wanted to go to the seaside, but I suppose you can't do that when you're 59?! Smiley Happy Never mind, we'll do something else nice instead and I'll have birthday mark 2 on Tuesday when ED is home too Smiley Happy

When is your mammogram? xx

Morning all and happy birthday Jencat x
Glad you got through mammogram I am sure I will be just as emotional as you when it’s my turn xxx

Morning Mishy x Yes it was the same for me, no gown and got changed in the mammo room. Still feel a bit sore, but my boob felt quite tender before I went! (Onc said last week that's nerve endings still sorting themselves out)

Thinking of you Shi x Btw, I took a couple of paracetamol before I went, which helped xx

Jencat im not sure if thats a thing everywhere being seen first but i know in my case i went straight through didn't even have to wear a gown just straight in mammo room got undressed in there thrn straight out again xx Shi 💖💪 for today the 1st one is the hurdle in recovery we have to get over but i promise its fine xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy birthday jencat hope you have a beautiful day 💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx