62358members
328204posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

I'm sharing because others shared with us, back in June (and July and August... and November). Happy to add another link to the chain. Or I should say, add a hand to Shi's bungee cord! Smiley Very Happy

In fact, I ought to have also noted that I also learned to better accept care and support from others -- from people on the forum as well as the folks at hospital. A super important life lesson that I learned a bit late. Still able to learn new tricks!

p.s. @Aneeebel, another voice here nudging you to call with a temp of 38C. The risks associated with an infection during chemo are just too serious, and a fever is one of the few clues that something serious might be going on. Maybe not, but better to let someone check. Please call. Stay safe. Heart

Community Champion

Morning Ladies

You lovely ladies make my day every day. I find this Forum so encouraging and at the same time emotional.

I was starting to get concerned about T after your experiences this week but now I'm starting to feel a bit better. Each day done is one day closer to the end of this phase of our lives. The one thing I'm looking forward to when I start T is that my wee won't be orange any more for those first few days after FEC😁

I managed to get back into town this morning to return a few things (I'm in denial about my size 🤔) and managed to pick up a couple more tops 😲 I seem to live in joggers and hoodies these days and feel worse mentally because of it. So I decided I needed to brighten and smarten up a bit. It helps that my head seems to have a spattering more of hair these days, it definitely seems to be growing 👍🏻There are still plenty of gaps but at least it looks like I've got some sort of covering 😁

I've got a list of jobs to do today before we head north to Scotland to my parents to be looked after for a few days, ready for the first T on the 28th 🤞🏻
So I think I might put some Abba on and get the housework done 😁💃 Have a great day, stay safe and warm 🤗🤗💪💪👭
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Like Sar_ah, I found your comments really encouraging, reddi. Thank you!

I’m slowly starting to feel a bit more human, Sar_ah, which is a relief. I too am incredibly stubborn and strong-willed 🙈... I’m terrible at “relaxing” and doing nothing, which isn’t terribly helpful at the moment. I miss doing proper exercise and my endorphin high!🤦‍♀️ However, I’m in a much better frame of mind now that I am starting to recover from the worst of the tax side effects. We can do this! 💪💕👊

Please take care, Aneeebel! As Shi suggests, best to call a temperature in and have it be nothing than risk something nasty taking hold.

Love to you all! 🎄🎁💐xox

Reddi that’s really positive to hear, thank you for sharing 💕 it’s certainly made me feel more positive and reminded me everyday will get a bit easier Smiley Happy I personally think I’m just a very stubborn person!
Aneeebel how are feeling today?
ellliesmum, have are today also? Hope your starting to get some energy back, I’m finding that it’s here very very slowly!
Fiona love the shopping for a new wardrobe idea! I feel like I live in the same clothes at the moment and looking like a hamster 🐹🤣 enjoy the rest and putting your feet up Smiley Happy)
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel, please phone your rapid response darling, keep safe on taking chances please 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi, October starters! I'm from June 2018, and wanted to empathize with and encourage you through those experiencing the terrible T. I too found it hit me harder, and a few days later, than FEC -- fatigue greater, but worse were the aches and pains, which sometimes felt debilitating -- for me, mostly my shoulders/back, thighs, and esophagus. My last two cycles (I had four cycles of T, because of getting HER2 antibodies, too), I was practically laid up in bed for 1.5 to 2 days in week 1. However, I rebounded by about the end of that first week, and was back to doing country walks of 5 to 10 miles by week 3, before starting the whirligig again. 

The "listen to your body" mantra is important, though. I suspect that some of you are like me and try to overdo it, in an attempt to maintain some "normalcy". (Just a guess based on your posts, strong ladies!) Keep an eye on things -- the combo of weakened immune system and stress delivered a case of (suspected) shingles and a couple weeks on antivirals, on top of everything else. After my final cycle, I also got blisters on my feet from just my usual sort of mile-long daily walk -- a known docetaxel side effect, which felt odd to first encounter so late in treatment.

By 3.5 weeks from last infusion, I was still a bit achey and less than 100% stamina, but I'd recovered enough for surgery and my hair has grown to a thick fuzz. All of which has helped me say farewell to chemo. And according to my post-chemo MRI, the T and HER2 antibodies were super-effective for me. Just as important, over those 5 months or so, I learned how strong and resilient I am, how I am able to accept and give myself room on my low and bum days as well as on my good ones, and to take care of myself, to make sure I stay safe.

So in the end, I don't remember the pain and aches and limitations and other awful side effects, except as something I recorded in my journal on a particular day -- I remember the good stuff, and I'm thankful for the results. And I found sharing here -- smiling and laughing and crying and venting through it all with my chemo-mates and those who had travelled this road before us -- helped make that possible. 💖

Must to something in the air Elliesmum! Struggling with the lovely T! Fatigue isn’t too bad today compared to previous days butbthe aches 😭 there are times I’m struggling to pick up my daughter which is awful! I also love to run and I’ve got to the point where i feel it’s the only part of the “old me left” and not sure is be able to do that! Hoping for a better day tomorrow, onwards and upwards I guess Smiley Happy)
Hope you feel better soon ladies!!
Community Champion

I have zero energy too...
Luckily I feel slightly better than I did when I had chemo no.3 but still so rough and nauseous... I actually can't walk anywhere without going so sick and hot and can't breathe... The district nurse advised me to 'listen to my body'... I'll never get anything done at this rate!!! 🎁🎁🎁
I seriously thought I was going to pass out in the supermarket this morning...
And my temperature is still up and down! It's been ove 38* a few times too but I just can't bring myself to ring the helpline!!! My daughters keep telling me off!!

So sorry to hear you've been in hospital ElliesMum... Hope you continue to improve! 🙏🏻💐
💜Fiona...you've done well wrapping your pressies!! 🎁

Take care everyone x 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

Haha I feel like I need to invest in a new “chemo” wardrobe too, Fiona. All I want to wear right now are comfy (stretchy/accommodating 🙈) clothes! I’m sure your choices were far more stylish 😊 Also, I’m very impressed you’ve finished wrapping all of your Christmas presents! I have loads left...🤦‍♀️

I’ve had a rough few days. Tax really does hit you several days later than FEC, and I wasn’t really mentally prepared for that. Ended up back in hospital yesterday feeling rubbish. However, I seem to have finally turned a corner and feel a little bit better back at home today. Still on oral morphine, but the aches are tolerable. I hope you’re feeling a little bit better too, Sar_ah.

Aneeebel, I like the sound of your low-maintenance Christmas decorations. My energy levels have really taken a hit, so my goals for the day were to get my daughter to nursery, do a load of washing and read through one paper draft. It only took me 7.5 hours to accomplish...🙈😂

Love and gentle hugs to all. Xox 💕💐😘
Community Champion

Lol Aneeebel, that was funny 🎄

I've just spent 2 hours in Chesterfield like a whirling dervish (does anyone actually know what one of those looks like?) treating myself to new clothes. I've now got the task of trying them on at home. It seemed far too much effort to do it in the shops 🤔

All presents are wrapped, work is pretty much wrapped up for the year, I've bought some new "fat" clothes, I'm not sure there's much more to do other than put my feet up and enjoy ☕🍰

Have a lovely day ladies, thinking of you all and sending big hugs 🤗🤗💪💪🎄🎄
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Hello Ladies...

Hope you're all well! 🎀

I've finally put my Christmas tree up!
Well, it's a 2 foot tall fibre optic tree with about 8 baubles on it and a star! I'd hate you to think I'd found the energy to transform our living room into Santas Grotto!! Hahaaaa... 🎄🎄

Have a lovely day everyone... Keep smiling and take care!! 😘🎀 x

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Glad your granddaughters concert went well Smiley Happy you must be very proud Smiley Happy
I was massively jealous of your naps!! I’m in bed today, has a rough afternoon yesterday and not feeling great today, I think I’ve hit the Christmas wall and thinking a lot about a “normal” Christmas.
Hope your feeling a bit better today Elliesmum and less achy.
Xx
Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum and Sar_ah... I went to the concert but left at the interval... My Grandaugter was fab, the kids loved it! Giving it their all!! 👧🏼👦🏼
I didn't feel too well actually... Still don't!
I've been shopping with my daughter this morning...well, she only came to look after me!! I had to sit down a couple of times before I fell over!

I think Father Christmas is going to have to do the rest of my shopping!!! 🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼
I've been to bed too... I bet you felt nice after a 4 hour nod! 💤💤💤
I was meant to be going to the Genetics clinic tomorrow but I seriously have no energy...I've re-arranged it so now my appt is Feb!

Stay strong everyone and keep smiling! 😘🎀 x

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

How was the concert, Aneeebel? I hope you were well enough to enjoy your granddaughter’s performance! Did your little one let you sleep last night, Sar_ah? I hope so! I hope all of your October ladies are feeling ok.

In the interests of full disclosure, I feel compelled to report that I may have been a little hasty in my assessment of docetaxel... Turns out it does kick in a few days later than FEC! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🙈 Still, aside from some aches and fatigue it hasn’t been too bad. Haven’t been sick, which is good!👍 I intended to get a full day of work done from home day today. Dropped little one off at nursery, decided I needed a quick “nap”, and woke up four hours later! 😂 Where did the morning go?!? Still, I feel a bit better for it so it was probably a good idea.

Have a lovely Monday wonderful ladies! Xox 😘💐💕

Mishy18, thank you for the advice Smiley Happy I feel a bit silly now, I have loads of Epsom salts for after runs and the thought hadn’t even crossed my mind!! Just waiting for the littlen to go down (hoping she sleeps today) and be on that job Smiley Happy) thank you so much!

The T makes you ache in the joints ladies mainly at night added to the injections making it feel worse it lasts about a week, but if you aee feeling cold all the time keep an eye it could just be the weather and lack of body hair, i used to feel really cold but i was told a low temp below 35.5 to ring unit too mine fluctuated on Doxetaxol its best just to air on side of caution if at all unsure, take care everyone, it will be finished before you realise it goes fast once you get to 4th cycle xxx

Ladies the pain in joints and bones from T can be eased by Epsom salt baths i had one every night after T chemo once the pain kicked in can be taken along side painkillers put them in a hot bath but don't get in until its just over warm as i found during chemo a hot bath caused palpitations!!! Lots of ladies on they forum tild me to use the salts and they do help i found adding a couple of drops of lavender and chamomile essential oils helped relax me xx thought i would pass on the tips clicked on your thread by accident but thought i should share my tips while im here i finished my active treatment end Jan this year xxxx

Hope you enjoy the concert! Smiley Happy) and well done to your granddaughter for her solo, brave girl Smiley Happy)
Has anyone been given any tips re joint and muscle pain? Struggling today in my legs and hips mainly, taken some painkillers but didn’t know if anyone else had any other works or wisdom? Also anyone else also constantly cold! Currently sitting with heating on, heated blanket, and extra blanket and lots of layers!
Community Champion

Have a fabulous time at your granddaughter’s concert, Aneeebel! 🥳🕺💕 I hope your temperature stays in the safe range for you. You’ve reminded me I haven’t been checking mine as regularly as I should be...🤦‍♀️

Have a wonderful Sunday, ladies! Xox 💐❄️💪
Community Champion

Hi Ladies.... Hope you're all feeling well!
😘💐🎀

Thankyou for thinking of me... Up to now I don't feel too bad, altho I did panic a bit yesterday as my temperature appeared to be going up, luckily not over 38* but it was on its way!!! 🙄 I'm very tired too but I think we all get tired and spaced out! 😴😴😴

Good news that you Ladies don't feel too bad on your T treatment...everything is crossed it stays that way! 💗

I didn't go to our Works Christmas night out...as it was the same day as chemo! 🎄🎅🏼
My Grandaughter is in a singing club and it's their concert this afternoon... So will hopefully be going to watch her... She very proudly told me she's singing a solo and was very excited! 👧🏼🎤💗🎅🏼

Have a lovely day everyone... And thanks again for thinking of me! You're all very kind! xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

That’s brilliant news Smiley Happy I’ve also been feeling well (other than fatigue, but that I can do with!)
Good luck Monday, hopefully you get somewhere with your team.
Xx
Community Champion

Lovely October ladies, I’m feeling well the day after my first T chemo. Woohoo! Not sure how long it will last, but I’m so pleased. I was feeling pretty awful (or physically sick) and nauseous at this stage after every FEC. So pleasantly surprised. Long may it continue!👍💕🤞

Sar_ah, I plan on contacting my team on Monday to ask about genetic testing. I need to chase up a few other things (echocardiogram appointment hasn’t come through, for example) anyway. I will let you know how I get on!

I hope you’re all keeping warm and dry in this freezing wet weather! ❄️⛄️😘 xox

Morning Smiley Happy well that’s round four ✅ Smiley Happy))) and I have to say despite the terrible state I was in pre chemo and some rather strange issues I am having with smells in the hospital! (The hospital doesn’t smell bad, think it’s more association thing!) chemo was fine!! I even when for a 40 minute walk yesterday!!!
Aneeebel how did Friday go for you? Hope you’ve managed to have a “good” cycle, fingers crossed for you.
I’m on FEC-T but had herceptinbat the end. I also had in sprang on my I would be on long term injections in addition to tablets (which I was aware about after the chemo) but have no idea what or why to be honest I Didn’t ask as it wasn’t a great consultant appt.
Fiona my consultant seems to think side effects are much the same!? Only bonuses mentioned were tingling hand and feet (which they said too call if I get) and a runny bottom! So fingers crossed!!
How was your works xmas do? Ours was last night but I didn’t go which was a good idea, I was asleep at 8am!
Loving the idea of an xmas scarf! I tend to have the opposite problem at the moment, my wig makes me look like a hamster 🤣 so I tend to wear scarfs, people do look but I don’t notice it as much now! My little girl also loves them which is a massive help! She has a mini one she wears sometimes, although she def wears it better 😉
Elliesmum how did Friday go? Hope your feeling well Smiley Happy and been able to get some rest.
Re the genetic testing I’m in the same boat as you, it was briefly mentioned by a BC nurse in one appt at the start and shut down by the consultant, I’ve also been thinking about it a lot. Did you have any luck when you asked about it? I wasn’t sure when is the right time to ask, or even really who to ask!? I see the consultant but don’t see any BC nurses as that’s at a different hospital.
Good luck also on Tuesday badboob! It’s a heady feeling reaching the half way point isn’t it!!! In ways it’s gone so fast but others sooooo slow!
Kateday, hope you are feeling better today! Every day is a step closer, also hoping that T will be kinder for you. If it helps at all I’ve found the sickness has massively reduced with T!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend ladies, thinking of you all 💕💪🏻 Xxx
Community Champion

Fiona, Shi and Aneeebel, thanks for sharing your experiences and offering advice. I will call my BCN and ask her about my options, as it is something I would like to know more about.👍

Feeling ok after first docetaxel chemo. Usually feel really unwell by now 🤢, so definitely an improvement over FEC so far! 🤗 Fingers crosses that trend continues.🤞

Love to all, and stay warm tomorrow. We have a snow and ice warning in the Midlands! ⛄️💕🥰 xox
Community Champion

ElliesMum, I hope today went well, I've been thinking about you and Aneeebel.

As for genetic testing, I was offered this initially because of my age, I'm 48. At the time, the consultant didn't have all the results back from the biopsy so we didn't know I was triple negative, it was purely based on my age. There is no family history of cancer, other than my mum's cousin who had pancreatic cancer. When I met the genetics person she explained I was borderline, just approaching the 10% line where they do want to test. We know I'm triple negative, 48 but that's it.

We had a really good chat with genetics and I was happy to do the test, which is simply providing a blood sample. I was fortunate that I was going for a blood test the next day anyway. It takes about 8 - 10 weeks for the results which should fit in with the end of my chemo and whatever the results are may change what surgery I have (currently thought to be a lumpectomy).

If I was in your shoes I think I'd want to know so I'd try and push for it. But everyone's different.

Good luck with the rest of your evening, I hope you're ok and not suffering 🤗

Oh, the purple wig went down a treat 🤣 Getting a load if blokes trying it on and then seeing them flick their hair is hilarious 🤣

Take care ladies 💪💪

💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ellie’s mum, I had genetic testing because I was a tn and also bc runs in family, it was a simple blood test that they have to send away, I got results 2-3 months after having it done. I personally couldn’t wait to get it done and was happy to have the option, some of the ladies on here have had to fight tooth and nail to get one. It was more about knowing that if the tn was caused by faulty brca gene then I would have had additional surgery ASAP at my choice, in a crazy as it sound way, I felt it gave me back a bit of control if that happened, as it turned out I didn’t have faulty brca, the tn was just what mine happened to be (I think it was years and years and years in very stressful jobs) needless to say I don’t do stress now in anyway shape or form. No harm in asking if you could have one as you want to try and protect your daughter 💕💕hope that helps with your decision to pursue the test or not. 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum
When I went for my initial appointment when I received my diagnosis the nurse went through my family medical history... When I advised 5 members of my immediate family had had cancer, my mum twice...she asked if I'd considered going for genetic testing... My appointment is next week actually!
-one sister had ovarian cancer -one sister cancerous polyps in her bowel -my daughter had borderline tumours in her ovaries and had them removed as well as a hysterectomy -my 30 year old niece had breast cancer and my mum had cervical cancer and then years later developed myeloma 💗 -I've never read anything to do with genetic testing actually...I'm literally going on the advice of the nurses who asked me to consider it!
Why don't you ask your breast care nurse if you could be referred...or ask for advice!

Hope everything went well today x 💗
Community Champion

As I’m sat hooked up to chemo bag, I’m thinking about genetic testing. Would any of you ladies who have been offered it mind sharing why or how this happened? It has not been offered to me (or even mentioned) thus far, and I’m 4 cycles in. I read through the NICE recommendations and I don’t fulfil the criteria for automatic referral. I don’t have any family history of breast cancer, but my paternal grandfather died of prostate cancer (he was diagnosed in his 70s). I literally have zero of the risk factors for developing cancer, with the exception of sometimes eating red/processed meats. I’m 33. My cancer is ER-/PR- and HER2+. Aside from those with extensive family history, I think only triple negative ladies my age are offered genetic testing. I would like to know if I’m a carrier of any of the identified genes, as I have a little girl (and a sister and Mum) who may also be affected. Should I push for this, or will I automatically be rejected so there’s no point? Thanks for any advice! Xox 💐😘
Community Champion

Yes...too early 💜Fiona... flipping steroids! I actually woke up at about 3.15!!! 😴😴 Thanks for the hug!
Enjoy your party! 💃🎄🎉🎈😘 x

Thank you ElliesMum... keep your chin up! 🎀💪

Take care everyone... it's freezing out, you'll defo need your "big coats" on when you go out!!
😂🧥🧤🧣

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗
Community Champion

I hope you’re ok, Sar_ah, after your first T yesterday!

I only remembered that I had to take steroids the day before T chemo last night so didn’t get a lot of sleep!🙈 I was getting too complacent; clearly I need to go back to setting a plethora of alarms on my phone again to remind me!🤦‍♀️

Good luck with next Tuesday, Badboob. I’m counting down the days and cycles too. Hope you’re feeling alright, Kateday!

Thank you for the hugs, Fiona!💕 I hope you have a fab time at the Christmas party. Loving the sound of your purple wig!🎄🤗

Thank you for the lovely kind wishes, Aneeebel.😘 Fingers crossed the side effects are kind to both of us after chemo today!😬🤞

Love and hugs to you all. Stay warm!⛄️💐🥰
Community Champion

Morning Ladies

Blimey Aneeebel, you were up early 😴
Good luck today to you and ElliesMum 🤞🏻 I'll be thinking of you both and sending big hugs 🤗🤗

It's our works do today, it'll probably be the first Christmas do I've attended without getting drunk 🤔 I suppose it's good to do new things 😉 I've managed to get a long purple wig for the occasion (mega cheap so rubbish quality but it'll do for an afternoon 🤣). I've also got a Christmas headscarf but I've not been brave enough to wear a headscarf in public yet, they show off my "cheruby chops" too much, as my husband likes to call me. Trouble is, my head gets too hot with something on it all the time. I'm normally a baldy at home so this afternoon might be a bit of a trial 😲

Stay strong and take care 💪💪🥊🥊💐💐🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Good morning everyone...

Sar_ah, hope you're well! 🎀💗

Bad_boob, good news that you're bloods are okay for chemo on Tuesday next week - and yes, over halfway through!! 💗💪

Elliesmum, Thank you for you good wishes... I'm actually in a bit of a tiz to be honest, I sincerely hoping chemo likes me this time!! 😫💗

Interesting to read what different chemo everyone is on! 💉💊

I had a call from oncology yesterday to say my bloods are fine and the blood transfusion i had "obviously did the trick" so C4 will go ahead today.. I did say I defo only want the good stuff this time!! 😂💗💪

Elliesmum...hope you get on okay today, will be thinking about you... hopefully all you other lovely ladies are well!
Have a fabulous day x 🌻🌼🌷🌸
Stay strong...

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hi ladies
So four days round three EC feeling pretty **bleep**ty again but only one more and I’m half way I’m so hoping the doxetaxol is kinder to me xx

Hi Everyone,

Back from the oncologist and passed fit for my 4 th Chemo on Tuesday. I am to have my last Docetaxel, Herceptin plus Perjeta. After Christmas I change to 3 x EC. I can’t believe that I will be over half way! 

I understand that nausea is much worse with EC, whereas I haven’t felt sick at all with the docetaxel. My oncologist says that as docetaxel is made from yew trees some people are less tolerant to it. I feel I have been lucky so far. However, each cycle has been harder than the previous one in terms of tiredness and other, mainly annoying SEs. 

Good of luck everyone having chemo, and see you all on the other side.

💪👍.

Hugs x

Community Champion

I'm just FEC-T as I'm triple negative 😢 so no hormones for me 👍🏻
💜 Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Best of luck for today, Sar_ah! We’re all thinking of you!😘💕 I’m a day behind you and start docetaxol tomorrow. It is the fear of the unknown, isn’t it! I will be very pleased to leave the nasty sickness and nausea associated with FEC behind, though.👍 I hope the T side effects are kind to you! Yes, I’ve kept working through chemo, but at my own pace. I’m super lucky that I’ve been able to do as much or as little as I feel up to, and can also work from home a lot of the time. It has really helped me get through the first three rounds! I resorted to re-watching The West Wing and going for walks on my spaced-out days at the start of each cycle, which has been fun!

Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better, Fiona.🤗 I’m sure I’ll be discussing (and probably also complaining about 🤦‍♀️) the side effects of T with the lovely ladies on here before your next round.😂 So hopefully you can get a feel for what is to come!

Aneeebel, I’m also on FEC-T, but will have herceptin added from cycle 5 (and continue for 12 months). I hope cycle 4 is kind to you tomorrow. You’ve definitely already had your fair share of side effects and illnesses along the way; fingers crossed this round is all smooth sailing.🤞I’ll be thinking of you!

Love and hugs to you all 💐😘💕🎄xox
Community Champion

Hi 💜Fiona... Glad you're feeling a bit better and a decent sleep makes a difference doesn't it! 😴💕

Is everyone on FEC-T chemo?? (Just out of interest)
I'm on TCH+Pertuzumab which is Docetaxel-Carboplatin-Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab... I think the Trastuzumab is Herceptin...
Isn't it confusing! 🙄
When my chemo finishes I'll be on Herceptin injections for 12 months!

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

Morning Sar_ah
Wishing you all the best for today 🤞🏻🤗
Being a couple of weeks behind most of you I'm "eagerly" waiting to hear about the side effects of T.
I hope it goes well for all of you lovely ladies this week.
I'm just starting to feel normal again after round 3. Finally shifted the headache 😁 and had a reasonable nights sleep last night.
Take care everyone 🤞🏻💐💪🤗
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Morning ladies... Hope you're all well 💗

Sar_ah.... I do hope you get through your chemo okay and don't have any S/E... It'll be another one down!!! I'll be thinking about you! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
I had my chemo delayed for a week as I'd been so unwell and my bloods were 'shot at' so my no.4 is Friday.... I've suddenly started fretting too...I just hope it's kind to me this time!!! 😫
My steroids are just dissolving!!! 🙄😫😴

Keep your chin up! X

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Morning ladies, hope you are all well! Sorry I’ve been reading posts to catch up but getting all jumbled and seemed to have missed whole days 🙈
Elliesmum, congratulations on your students, it all sounds very impressive!! And all with a little one! Are you still working? I’ve been off since starting chemo and missing it like mad now.
Badboob, glad you had a good time at Tina Smiley Happy sorry your having fun and games though!
Haven’t had any problems with my nails (yet!) but heard the was “T’s” party trick, other than nail vanish I read about gloves?? When outside apparently sunlight doesn’t help!?
I’m for round four later today, absolutely pooing myself, no idea why! I think it’s just having got used FEC’s side effects and now the unknown again!
Good luck to all those that have chemo coming up! Xx
Community Champion

Thankyou ElliesMum... Everything is crossed for both of us!
And anyone else who's undergoing chemo of course... 😘💗 x

Yippee.... Half way through Mrs fingers.... Hope you feel well x 💗💪🏼

Take care everyone x 😘🎀💗💐

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Yay Mrs fingers. Half way through, woohoo! 🥳 My blood counts were fine today, phew. Bring on number 4 on Friday! 🤗

So glad to hear that you’re finally feeling better, Aneeebel. I hope this round of chemo is kinder to you! 🤞

Gentle hugs to all 😊💕💪💐

Thanks for all the well wishes. Chemo did go ahead despite my neutrophils still being slightly low. So in the words of Bon Jovi: woah, we’re halfway there!
For some strange reason I haven’t been seeing any new threads on here since November until I posted yesterday, so I’ve now got a few pages to catch up on.
Stay warm all 💪👊🔥x
Community Champion

Mrs Fingers... Hope you managed to go ahead with your chemo! 💐💉

Elliesmum... Good luck with your oncology appt... Fingers crossed your blood tests are okay! 💉 Hope you manage to have a couple of days rest once you're home!
I've got chemo 4 on Friday too...
(Please let it be kind to me this time!! 🙏🏼)
I actually feel so much better this week... I should have had my chemo last Friday but I wasn't really well enough!

I'm taking my Grandaughter to see 🎅🏼 after school...she's very excited!

Hope all you lovely ladies are well... Stay strong and keep smiling! 😘

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

Good luck today ElliesMum with the oncologist. I hope it goes well 😉

💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Fingers crossed Mrs Fingers that those blasted neuts are now behaving themselves and you can get another dose today 🤞🏻Thinking of you 💐

💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

I hope you neutrophils have magically picked up overnight, Mrs fingers! I have a review with my oncologist this morning ahead of chemo #4 on Friday. I may have overdone things at my research group’s Christmas dinner last night (and it probably didn’t help that I effectively worked full time last week)... 🙈 Feeling so tired, run down and just generally wiped this morning!😬 I’m really hoping my blood counts are ok too!!!🤞I might need to be a bit more sensible next round...🤦‍♀️

Xox💪💐😘💕🎄

Blood test today ahead of round 3 tomorrow and yet again the neutrophils are too low. Hoping for another overnight recovery!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Badboob, so pleased you had a fab evening!
I bet you couldn't believe it when you were told something had shown up on the ultra sound.... Fingers crossed everything is okay!
I haven't got a red rash but suddenly my feet are painful...I actually think my body is too heavy for them but we'll blame the chemo!! 😂😂😂
Have you tried taking an antihistamine...that may help with the itching perhaps!

Keep your chin up! 💐😘 xx

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Morning everyone, hope we are all ok this morning.

Elliesmum, I absolutely get about having a plan. I have my oncologist meeting next week for bloods etc prior to cycle 4 YES cycle 4, I can’t believe how fast the time is going.  I hope that all is OK even if it means I will feel rubbish over Xmas.

Fiona, treat yourself to a sofa day to relax after your chemo, you know you deserve it!

😉

I am not sure if my nails are starting to change colour, but they are very sore. I am finding picking things up and getting pills out of their packets really challenging. It feels like I have squished my nails and they are bruised, if that makes sense. I will ask my oncologist about it when I see him.

Has anyone got a mottled red rash? My hands, face and chest is covered in a rash that has little red spots that bleed? I think it’s to do with the docetaxel but it is very itchy and on top of everything else is getting me down! 

I also had a call from the hospital to say that my uterus ultrasound has throw up a problem that need further investigation so I now have to have a Hysteroscopy! They decided to to an ultrasound as part of the whole women’s heath thing! Blimey, all I need is something to go wrong with my bladder and I will complete the set of nether region investigations, perhaps I should sell tickets for anyone else who wants to have a look! 

Finally, some good news! Tina Turner was fantastic, the actress playing the part was really good, it’s a huge part, so I was most impressed with her stamina to do the show twice a day. We had a lovely time in London, we stayed over so I could get some rest, and on Friday we had lunch in a little fish restaurant in Brough Market which was lovely. DH has no problem finishing my food when I’ve had enough! But I did manage to eat all of my dressed crab, delicious😋

Hugs x