Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Thanks for the info Kip x 😘🎀

Community Champion

(Sorry Badboob! I thought you had FEC 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🙈) xox

Hi Debi2

My chemo treatment was this exactly. I had 4x  docetaxel, Perjeta and Herceptin,  followed by 3 x EC.

If you have any questions just shout.

Hugs 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello to those of you suffering the hot flushes and aches and pains.  I am not on letrozole but on Tamoxifen and I suffer with stiff achy joints and feet and hot flushes.  I take Magnesium and Zinc for my bone health and Glucosamine and Chondroitin (max strength) for the aches, I have actually run out of these for the last few days and the aches are worse so they must do something.  Using Epsom salts in a bath helps too.

As for the hot flushes.. if you find a cure.. let me know.   I use a chillo at night and a fan but not much else I can offer to you.  I think it seems worse as the weather is hot at the moment, hoping that come winter I will cool down!  Wouldn't mind so much if it melted some fat.. but no chance!Smiley Wink

Kip

xx

Community Champion

Hi Debi2 👋, I hope you’re doing ok. I don’t think any of us ladies had the exact same chemo combination as you, but some of us had something quite similar. For example, I had FEC (EC plus another chemo drug) followed by Docetaxol and herceptin. If you have any specific questions feel free to send them our way. 😊

Haha your purple wig Fiona! 😂😘

Hope you’re all doing well.

xox

Hi 

Just popping in from April '19 thread.

Has anyone on this thread had 3 x EC and 4 x Docetaxol,herceptin and pertuzumab?

Debi

Community Champion

It was just a cheap one from eBay, Aneeebel 🤣

I gave it to my nieces for their dressing up box 👠💍👗

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

You kept the purple wig quiet Fiona! 👩🏼💜😂

I have no tips for the hot flushes... 

Other than to stop taking the tablets!! Not much help I'm afraid!!

Hope you had a good day at work...

🎀💕🎀💕🎀

Community Champion

I had a similar experience at our works Christmas do, Badboob. The barmaid asked me if I was the designated driver as I was drinking water, so I replied yes but also because I was on chemo. She nearly fell through the floor. I did have my purple wig on though!

Aneeebel, I have bad pains in my feet too but I can't blame letrozole. My ankles don't work when I get up out of bed or off the settee, and my heels hurt most of the time. I know I need to lose weight (I got side traced by the rads and holiday) but this is quite painful, a throbbing most of the time. My flushes weren't too bad before hols but now they're terrible. At least 3 a night. I'm trying all sorts to deal with them but it's a slow old process. Cotton sheets, fan, chill pillow, special mightier, flaxseed, water, etc etc. If anyone has the magic cure please let me know 🤞🏻

Glad to hear the lottie's doing well. I've eaten my raspberries and one lot of peas, the dean's are flowering so not too long for those 🤣

Hope you're all well, and enjoying your holidays (those of you still away).

I'm off to work in a bit, back on the diet and exercise, having just done a run 🏃‍♀️. 

Have a great day, ladies, whatever you're up to 🤗😍

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Badboob... I bet your neighbour nearly fainted in horror when you told him about your BC... He might think before he speaks if the situation ever arises again! 

With regards to Letrozole...I mentioned my incredibly aching bones in my legs and feet to my oncologist but was advised "It should settle down"...gawd knows when!!

On one of the brands I actually nearly cried with the pains in my feet...hopefully, you won't have any problems! 🤞🏻👟

I didn't mention the hot flushes...but I will when I go for my next appointment in a couple of months!

Something has eaten some of my cabbages on the lottie!! 🤪 I pulled them out yesterday... we've had the most delicious peas tho!! A lot of my fruit bushes are only babies so not much to pick off them this year! Our red spuds are deeeelish! 🥔🍅🍓🍑🍐🍏

Hope you're all well Ladies...and having fun on your jollies! 😎😎😎

Highlighted

Oh Hello everyone! 

I haven’t been on here for a bit and what do I find when I log in for a quick look! You lot chatting  away! How Lovely! 

Can’t add much about mozzie bites but sympathise as they are a pain. So sorry to hear about the hot flushes, I too sailed through menopause, apart from being a bit mad and very bad tempered at times 👿👿😡.  I have to say that it’s so far so good with the Letrozole, but I notice that I have a different brand this month so will reserve judgement until I had those. Have you talked to your oncologist Aneeebel? You shouldn’t have to suffer, it’s  miserable on top of everything else you are coping with. I just feel for you as it seems to be one thing after another. What a fantastic amount to raise by your friends tea party, aren’t folk just great! 😁😁💕

Now this will make you laugh. I was walking up our village to a friends house and past a neighbours house, who I haven’t seen for a while, and his is in the garden. We stop to chat and he just says right out. What on earth have you done to your hair! Well that is so wrong on so many levels I was spoilt for choice with my replies, so I just told the truth, that I had had breast  cancer and chemo! I think he want the earth to swallow him up! But gosh what was he thinking! 🤔🤦‍♂️. 

I hope everyone is having a fab time on time on holiday and I bet your Lottie is in full production now Aneeebel. I am afraid the rabbits are winning big time in my little patch and they seem to have so many babies this year so lots more hungry mouths to feed. The little blighters 😡🐰

Must stop rambling on and get to bed.

Hugs

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

Fiona...I'm such a terrible sleeper.. getting worse lately! Letrozole can affect your sleep! 

As for hot flushes...I never had a single one when I was going through the menopause! Now I'm on Letrozole...I get them at all times of the day and night!! 😳

I might stop taking it!

How lovely for you to jump in the hot tub... may be we should get one for the patio! Ha!

Hope you're having a lovely relaxing holiday 😎

My friend had her Afternoon Tea day yesterday... she raised £1714 for Breast Cancer Care! How fantastic is that!! 🍰☕

Hope you other Ladies are well x 😘🎀💕

Community Champion

Now that I'd love to see Aneeebel! Do you ever sleep? I see you're still posting early in the morning 😴

My slèeping pattern is way off track this week. Is anyone else suffering with hot flushes and night sweats? Mine have been really bad this week. Mind you, my diet has relaxed quite a bit so if I cut down on the sugar and alcohol the flushes should lessen 🤞🏻 Good job we've had a hot tub this week for me to jump in 🤣

If anybody has the miracle cure for hot flushes can you let me know please 😍

Hope you're all well 🤗🤗

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

I'd heard that does the trick Fiona.. so I bought some! The little blighters must still like me when I've got it on cus it doesn't stop them!!! 

I put it on when I'm going to the lottie...just in case it works on the flipping insects up there!!!! 

I need a mozzie net body suit... I'd look the beez neez!!! 😂🕷🦗🐜

Hope you're all well and having fun on your jollies x 😎😘

Community Champion

Thanks Fiona, sounds like exactly what I need! I’ll buy some ready for next time 👍😊 xox

Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum, I know it's after the event but in future you could try Skin So Soft dry oil spray by Avon which is supposed to keep the insects away. You can get it through Amazon. My hubby uses it and my stepmum, who lives in Scotland (home of the midges). 

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Thanks Aneeebel and lovemama! I’m already on top of the antihistamines (get hayfever anyway and always react to bites so travel with a decent stash), but I will definitely look into some after-bite 🦟 treatments. 👍🤞😘 xox

Hi ElliesMum, you may try the cream After Bite. You can get the cream from local stores ie. Walgreens. You can buy it over the counter. No prescription is required. 

Mosquito is my biggest enemy when I work in the garden in summer.

Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum...

Hope you're having a fab trip (how could you not!)..

You need antihistamine tablets to stop the itching...I also put HC45 cream on when I get bitten, it has hydrocortisone in it... 

That's my survival kit...

When I get bitten I have such a bad reaction -i don't get a lot but they come up in big yukky blisters! 

Once, in Greece, I had 8 bites on my arm that were joined up by a big red weald..a Greek lady tapped me in the shoulder and said This is bad, you must go to the hospital!! The Doc said If it doesn't clear you won't be going home as you're not fit to fly!!!! 😳😳😳🐜🐜🐜

Hope you get sorted! 😎😘 xx

Community Champion

Actually, come to think of it, I do have a question one of you ladies might be able to help me with. Despite my best efforts (I was wearing long sleeves, for goodness sake), I have been attacked by mosquitoes while hiking. I have numerous bites on my shoulders, arms and legs (I counted 12 just on my affected arm/shoulder). 🦟 We’re in the US, so I can’t easily call my BCN - or anyone else, really - for advice. My arm feels ok, but is super itchy because of the bites. Aside from watching out for infection signs, is there anything I can do to try and minimise any possible complications?

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks 😊

Community Champion

I’m still here too, Aneeebel, 👋 though posting less frequently than previously. So please feel free to chat away! 💕👍

Big hugs 🤗 xox

Community Champion

Enjoy Fiona... 🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Community Champion

I know what you mean Aneeebel. It's almost as if we've been abandoned as we have nothing too serious to whinge about or dread 🤔 

So just to cheer you all up I'm sat out in the shade with my sarong on, hat, glasses, factor 50 while sipping on a pink gin 🍹🤣👒

Enjoy your lottie Aneeebel 🌽🍓🍒

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hello Ladies

Hope you're all well...🌸

..and having fun on your jollies! 😎

It feels 'odd' no one chatting on here... I'll have to talk to myself!! 🙄😂 

Or....go to my lottie and talk to my crops! 🍅🍓🍊🍐🌽

(I'll probably get locked up!!🤔 Now that's an option!!!😂)

Have a good day x 💗

Community Champion

Yep...it appears so ElliesMum!!! 😫😫

I have an appointment at the lymphoedema clinic in a couple of weeks...

Hope you're having a fab trip!

Have a good day Ladies x 🎀🌸💗

Community Champion

Oh no Aneeebel, you seem to be running through the list of every possible side effect!!! 😔 I hope you get some advice and treatment options soon, whatever it is. Xox 💕😘

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

Fiona...fab news that your skin is okay! Don't forget... the side effects can last up to 6 weeks after your last rads so keep your eye on your skin! 

Not long now until your hols!! I bet you can't wait! 👙😎👙😎👙

Hope the move went wel! 🏠🏠🏠🏠

Hope you're all well ElliesMum, Sar_ah and Badboob 🎀💗🌸

Ive been completely kna**ered since we got home...I think I'm trying too hard to be 'normal!'

🙄🙄🙄

I saw my oncologist (well, her right hand man!) on wed... he looked at my chest/axilla as it's still painful! He said the infection has gone but suggested I see the BCN for advice! When I spoke to her she said it might be a seroma or (the dreaded) lymphoedema... I have an appt with her next week as she wants to assess it! 😳🎀

Anyway... Sorry for twittering! (As usual did you say!!! 🙄🙄)

Have a a lovely evening xx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

I'm pleased to see you're all doing well.

We're on our way up to Scotland to help my sister move house so Elliesmum our paths will cross momentarily as I think you're on your way home from Edinburgh, if my memory serves me correctly 🚄. I bet you've missed your little 🐥

Aneeebel, I'm so pleased you had a fantastic holiday 👒🕶🌞 Hopefully, you've come back fully recharged and ready to take on the world. I hope the lottie isn't overgrown 🍓🍅🥕

Sar_ah, I'm sure you're doing fine. I find I have good and bad days with what I can comprehend or do but I just muddle on. I guess I was fairly lucky in having flexible work hours and an understanding boss (hubby) so it was only Jan and Feb I didn't work too much. Did you phone the unit about the swelling? 🤞🏻

Badboob, hope all is well with you. Have you been out golfing at all recently? 🏌️‍♀️

I'm pleased to say that I'm doing ok, a couple of slightly red areas, one small area on my collar bone and the other under my boob. I'm moisturizing 3 times a day and sudacrem on the collar bone. I see what you meant Badboob about the nipple being the colour of liver 🤣. No pain though 😁. I do tire a lot more easily now 😴. Just 1 more week and we'll be off on our jollies to gran canaria 😎. I can't wait to relax, and spend some time messing about with my nieces. I wasn't too chuffed about the clothes though - tee shirts so I don't get burned 😣 

Well ladies, next stop Melrose for me today. I'm not sure why I roped me and hubby into doing this 🤔 Families eh? 😉😁😍

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hello lovely ladies! 👋💕 Apologies for the slow reply, I’ve been away for work and things have been *very* busy. Just about to embark on a 6 hour train journey home. 🙈😬

I’m so glad you had a fabulous trip, Aneeebel!!! 👏👍 Yay! 😘 Sarah, it sounds like you’re doing really well with work. It’ll take time to get used to things again, so don’t be too hard on yourself. Shi always offers excellent advice, so go with her suggestion if you’re unsure about things. 😊

I hope you all enjoy the sunshine ☀️ and have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!! 😘🏖

Community Champion

Sar_ah... Our hol was brill, thanks! 😎

I've even got a bit of a tan! I look quite healthy!! 😎

Maybe you should ring your BCN and ask about your swollen boob as Shi suggests...would put your mind at rest! 🎀

As for chemo brain/being jumbled up...my daughters said I was bad enough before chemo so there's no hope for me now!! Hahaaa! 

Let us know how you get on with your boob! 👙

Fiona, how are you doing since rads? Is your skin holding out? Hopefully, you're doing ok! 💪🏼🎀

Badboob and ElliesMum...hope you're both well! 🌸

Have a good day Girls x 💗🎀🌸

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sarah 😘Chemo brain does continue for a bit, don’t be to hard on yourself. Ring your unit any concerns you have about anything, they drum it into you, anything you are not sure on ring them, and they’ll Get you in. We all do it, so don’t if we have any 😳moments and it’s natural to have them it’s called being aware of our bodies 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Aneeebel your holiday sounded amazing Smiley Happy) hope you had a brilliant time! 

Fiona how are you feeling now rads is done!? 

I noticed last night I have a slightly swollen boob one side 🤦🏼‍♀️ It was my cancer boob so I’m sure it’s rads related or something but still might call the clinic and ask.  

Work is gradually getting a bit easier ... I think! Although I’m still jumbled a lot! And god knows what my notes look like!! I sent a piece of coursework to my husband yesterday to proof read for me and he said it was the worst grammar and punctuation he’d ever seen 😬 

howl you are all enjoying the sun xx

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

💜Fiona... hope you had a lovely day celebrating end of rads and your 👰🎩💏

Badboob...I'm sure you look fab without wiggly on... I have never worn mine at all, after going to the trouble of getting it...I opened the box when I got home and burst into tears and said I can't wear it!! And I never did! 👩🏼👩🏼👩🏼

ElliesMum...how's our little 🐥?

She's our October Starters Mascot! 💖

Sar_ah...hope you're well! How are you managing at work? 💪🏻🎀

We're having a very lazy time here in Greece.. mainly lying on the beach, floating in the sea and eating...not forgetting the odd ouzo of course! 🍸😎

One Greek man has told us that rain is forecast for today..yet another one said that parts of Greece are expecting temperatures of 40°!!!! 😎 

Have a lovely w/e x 🎀💗🌸

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🛎 🛎 🛎 👏👏👏👏😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🎉🎊🎊🎊🎉🎊🎉🎉🎊🎊yey fimillan 😁😁😁😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Well done Fiona. Enjoy your celebration 🥂

Oh Aneeebel, just love your attitude! I completely agree with you. I have decided that’s me done with wiggly, I am just enjoying the freedom of being wig free. Mind you, people are still not recognising me with my very very short hair and a different colour (steel grey)! 😂😂😂 😱

Hugs

Community Champion

Yay Fiona!!! 🔔🔔🔔👏💕😘🎀🍹💐💪🥳

Haha I love your holiday style, Aneeebel! 👍

Community Champion

Fiona, I definately heard the bell 🔔🔔🔔🔔 Yippeeeeeee! I bet you feel fabulous!!! 💪🏼🎀😘🌸 xxx

Community Champion

I hope you heard that bell ringing 🛎🛎🛎🛎 and we're all through it now 👍🏻🥂

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

We're having a fab holiday, thanks Fiona...

i brought my Aqua knocker and my softee from the hospital but I haven't worn either as yet! My chest was too tender from the infection and I couldn't wear a bra so I travelled 'boobless' and they're still in the wardrobe!! 👙 My new favourite piece of clothing is a very executive (!!!) £3 crop top from Asda...it has 'hidden support' which is basically a slightly tighter piece of fabric inside the crop top... I think they're fab! 👙👙

People seem to be quite intrigued by my one boob and extremely short hair...but you know what.. I actually don't give a monkeys what they think!!! 💗

Hope you're all well Ladies x 🎀💗

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

I'll be listening for the bell.. well done you!

Kip

x

Community Champion

Thank you Ladies, you're all fabulous and I'm so grateful to have got to know you despite the terrible circumstances we found ourselves in.

Yep, my skin is holding up really well so far, it's only very slightly pink but it is a bit tender. No vice like feel on the nipple either 👍🏻. I moisturise 3 times a day and shall continue to do so for a few weeks. I've got a review afterwards so no doubt they'll say the same and reiterate that the peak happens 2 weeks after the end of treatment.

I've been given a bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers so far at work which made me cry 😢 soppy cow! 

Just 2 more hours at work before we head off. Hopefully that bell will be ringing about 3pm so keep your ears open 😂🛎🛎🛎

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Fiona, I echo Badboob and Aneeebel’s messages. Good luck for your last rads session!!! 🤞🤗💕 You’ve been so strong throughout active treatment, and the end is in sight. We’ll all be thinking about you today and listening out for that bell! 🔔🔔🔔 I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Big hugs! 😘🤗🎀

I hope you’re feeling a bit better and your skin is ok. Keep up the moisturising, as I found the worst of the skin effects came a week or two after rads finished. Xox

Community Champion

Thank you Ladies. I'm a bit anxious (understatement) in case it gets postponed due to a machine breakdown 😞 And thank you all for being there for me 🤗 I'm a bit teary today 😢

Hope you're having a fantastic holiday Aneeebel and your knitted knocker is withstanding all that swimming and lounging about 😉

🤗💕🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Best wishes for your last rads Fiona... 

🔔🔔🔔Ring that bell as loud as you can🔔🔔🔔

We'll be thinking of you! 🎀💪🏻🔔😘

Just to say, thinking of you tomorrow Fiona and your last Rads! Hope you have a great celebration 🎉❤️🍾💕💃🕺💃🕺.  Hope your skin is holding up too. 

Hugs 

Community Champion

Kalispera Ladies...

ElliesMum...my Grandaughter is a honey pie! We're VERY proud of her! 💗

How's your 🐥 x

Thankyou Shi! 💗

Fiona...hope you feel okay with your rads this week x 💪🏻🎀🔔

Badboob and Sar_ah...hope you're well!  X 🎀

Community Champion

Wonderful effort by your granddaughter, Aneeebel! She sounds like such a lovely little lady! 😘🎀💕👏

Haha excellent news that you can have alcohol with your antibiotics.😆 I hope you’re having a fab time in Greece! 🇬🇷🏖🍹👙

Fiona, I hope the weekend was kind to you. You’re in the home stretch for rads now. We’ll be holding your hand until you make it through. Hopefully the last few sessions are kinder to you. Sending big hugs! 🤗💕🤞 xox

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

She takes after you anneebel you have a heart of gold 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Yammas Shi... 🍷🍸

My Grandaughter was so excited to do the run! She's such a darling...she has a heart of gold! 💗🏃‍♀️💪🏻 x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yammas aneebel 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Hope you are having lovely time in Greece please bring us the 🌞🌞🌞back with you. Big massive thank you to your granddaughter 👍👍that’s amazing of her doing that 👍👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx