328010posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Thank you lovely ladies for your kind thoughts and support. We've arrived early as always and I'm getting pretty nervous about this one, it's fear of the unknown isn't it as it's the first T. I've had a few tears this morning already.😢 On the upside, it means I'm halfway through this phase 👍🏻

I know I couldn't do it without you all to sound off at and my husband and family. Only trouble is I feel guilty I'm letting my husband and family down by being ill in the first place and putting extra strain on them all when they all have enough to cope with 😣

It really is a pile of 💩 (yay, I found the symbol!).

Take care ladies and stay safe 💪💐🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx

Hope it goes well today Fiona, thinking of you. Like Elliesmum says be prepared for the delayed side effects, get plenty of rest xx
Lovely day to you all Xx
Community Champion

Thinking of you today Fiona... hope the s/e are kind to you! 💗💪💗 x
Community Champion

Yay Fiona! Good news! 🤗 I hope that the tax side effects are kind to you. Be prepared for them to kick in after a few days. Let us know how you get on!

Xox 💪💐💕
Community Champion

Even better news, I've just had a phone call wanting to bring chemo forward to 9am tomorrow instead of 11am 😃 I much prefer as early as possible so that I'm not hanging around too much, just waiting to pass the time of day until we go in 😜

So fingers crossed T1 will be as good to me as FEC has been.

Thinking of you all and sending you all big hugs 🤗🤗

I'm off to put my war paint on before we go off to hubby's brother's for the afternoon.

Take care 💪💪💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Good news Fiona... Hope you're feeling a bit better than you were! 🤒😷
(And thanks x 😘)

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗
Community Champion

Hooray, T1 is on 👍🏻🤔
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Aneeebel, no need to apologise for ranting to us. We all fully understand how you feel.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'm feeling a bit better today. I've just had my blood test and now need to waste 1.5 hrs before onc. I really hope they let me have chemo tomorrow but I fear they'll say I'm not well enough. 🤞🏻

Take care lovely ladies and stay safe 💪💪💐💐
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

ElliesMum and Shi... Thank you x 😘 💗💪
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯get it out on here anytime 😤😤😤 and also some 🐟🐟🐟face slapping when required helps too 😁There are breast cancer care pink ribbon walks happening around June 2019 if any of you fancy those? 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Oh Aneeebel, please rant away! You’re not alone in feeling this way. I’m glad it’s not just me who feels like resorting to violence 🥊 when someone comments on how “well” I look when I’m having a bad day. It’s so frustrating!🤦‍♀️ Hopefully you can have a few quiet days at home where you don’t need to put on a brave face. Thinking of you! 😘💕

I hope tomorrow is ok for you with your husband back at work, Sar_ah. A half marathon in June sounds like a fabulous (one might say ambitious) goal!👊 Have you races over similar distances before? I used to do athletics competitively (pre-baby) but haven’t done any “proper” training in 6 months...🙈 Have you been able to do much on chemo?

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Fiona! Hope you’re starting to feel a bit better. 😘🤞💐xox
Community Champion

Hello Ladies... can i just say this...

All I've wanted to do for the last few days is cry... and scream... and yell... ignore every thing... ignore every body... hide away from everyone... instead of putting on a brave face!
A brave face with a bald bloody head at that!! 🤨🤨
And if anyone else tells me how well I look then I will definitely scream.... Looks are deceptive! Believe me! 💔

But... now I've had a rant (apologies.. But thanks for 'listening'😘)... I'll pick myself up and carry on... Because that's what I (normally) do... what we all do... because we have to... because we're "bigger" and "stronger" than bloody 💩 cancer... 💪💪

If I weren't on antibiotics I'd go out and get bloody drunk... 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

😘😘😘😘

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas and a bit of a break!
Fiona good luck for tomorrow and I hope you feel better soon Smiley Happy
My husbands back and work tomorrow and feeling a bit sad it’s back to reality Smiley Sad however I’ve got a few little projects around the house and a half marathon in June to keep me busy! Smiley Happy
Love to you all
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep aneebel if I had 2 readings over 37.5 I was on that phone, I didn’t wait for the 38. My unit were always pleased that I was monitoring temp and calling them straight away. Remember they are there to help and care about you and want you safely through too ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Hope you start to feel better Fiona...
and yes, ring the helpline if your temperature goes higher than 38...
(says she!! I was in massive trouble last week for not ringing!) -in fact, I was told that I'm supposed to ring the helpline to advise them if my temp goes above 37.5 so they can keep an eye on it.... they may not call me in but will make a note of it!! Noone has ever told me that before!

Stay strong xx 😘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fi, glad you phoned up, anything over 38 please get to a&E andcrung rapid response. Please mention to your onc tomorrow even if you are starting to feel better, it can be a disappointment if you get delayed chemo but best to ensure safely through darling ❤️❤️Keep focused have a sing and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻 You are all about reaching the ‘double dutch’ Malcolm mclaren song and video about now where it’s like you are all just in the gotta keep going mindset 👭👭👭👭and it does feel like a load of ‘double Dutch’ 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Fingers crossed it clears up soon, Fiona, and chemo #4 can go ahead as planned! Sending healing thoughts your way 😘🤞xox
Community Champion

Thanks Shi. I've just spoken to the hospital who've said it sounds like a virus and to just keep an eye on my temp. I've got blood test and onc tomorrow so we'll see what they say.

💪💪💪
💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi, I would call it in if I were you and also mention it when you see your onc before next chemo in a few days. You just need to keep safe, I know none of us would have really bothered with anything normally but chemo has to be treated with a bit of respect it is like having extra doctor on inside going 🥊🥊🥊🥊to anything so we just have to help it all we can by doing our bit to keep safe while it does it’s job which you all do very well amazing beautiful brilliant ladies ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Good morning all, I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. I certainly did, it's been so nice to be looked after these last few days and not have to do anything.

Would you believe it though? 3 days before chemo and I'm coming down with a cold. 😷I'm miles away from my hospital too, although we are going home today. No temperature as yet. What advice can you give me? I presume I need to call it in and see what they say? Oh I hope it doesn't delay chemo on Friday 😣 I was winding myself up nicely about starting T 🤔

Take care ladies and big hugs to you all 🤗🤗💪💪
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

Merry Christmas to you all! Thank you for being so fabulously supportive. Xox 🎄🎁💕😘⛄️💪🎅
Community Champion

You too Aneeebel 🎄🎄🎄
Community Champion

These emotions just pop up out of nowhere don't they Fiona! But we've got a lot going on... and a lot of time to think about things...

We're allowed to be fragile now and again... 😘🌼🌻

Keep your chin up xx 💗💪
Community Champion

I feel the same, Aneeebel. On the one day I want to forget, it seems I'm more emotional than ever and all I can think about is what we're going through. 👭👭👭 🎅🎅🎅 we can do this 🎄🎄💐💐
Community Champion

Merry Christmas to all You Lovely Ladies... 🎅🏻🎄🎅🏻🎄🎅🏻
And, yes, I agree with Fiona too...we'll have a "day off"... 💗💪🎅🏻🎄
(altho, I feel very fragile today for some reason!!! I'll have to give my head a wobble!!) 🤔💪

Have a lovely day Girls...and Thanks for being here! 💗😘🍾🥂🎀🎅🏻🎄🎁 xx

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗

Merry Christmas to you all!! I hope everyone has a lovely day and like Fiona says a bit of an escape and a day off today, I can’t think of a group of people who deserve it more ❤️
Xxx
Community Champion

Merry Christmas ladies. I hope you all have a lovely day and we can all "escape" for one day and enjoy the festivities.

Lots of love and hugs 🤗🤗🤗🎄🎄🎄🎁🎁🎁
💜Fiona xxx
Community Champion

So pleased you're out of hospital ElliesMum... Make the most of the extra help, I'm sure you'll feel better for a few afternoon naps! 😴💤

Hope everyone has had a good day and you're ready for Christmas.... 🎅🏼🎄🎁🍾
It's our daughters birthday on 24th and I usually make her a trifle... It's a bit of a standing joke that she has a 'proper, homemade trifle out of a packet'....
And I've managed to forget the Birds Trifle!!!
Whoops.... 😳😳

Have a lovely Christmas everyone... 🎅🏼🎁🎄
Stay strong! 💪🏼

💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Community Champion

Hello wonderful ladies, thank you for all of the kind thoughts! 💕 I did get discharged yesterday, 👍 although, like you Aneeebel, I had to argue my case and they kept me in until the afternoon. Very pleased to be out of hospital and back with my little girl!!! 🥰 We’re all staying with my husband’s family in Lancashire and I am being very well looked after. I highly recommend a 5 adults:1 child ratio! 😂 My mother-in-law has taken charge and I am being forced to rest; I have acquiesced and feel all the better for it! 🤗 I hope everyone else is accepting offers of help and taking it easy. An afternoon nap sounds like an excellent idea, Fiona! I might head off to bed now, I almost made it to 8pm...😂

Good luck with the rash, Sar_ah.🤞

Merry Christmas to you all! Xox 🎄🎁⛄️🎅
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Udderly smooth with extra urea from Amazon worked very well for lots of us with skin, but still ring your unit first so you don’t get any infections with the blisters 😘😘keep safe 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Aneeebel, so pleased to hear you're home. Please make sure you take it easy and are looked after 🤗🤗

ElliesMum, I hope you're feeling better too and are out of Casa NHS and back with your little girl 💐

I'm having quite a relaxing time here, although the girls tired me out quite a bit so naps over the past 2 days were called for 😴 I might manage to stay awake today until about 9pm 😉

Take care lovely ladies and stay safe 🤗🤗💪💪💐💐

💜Fiona xxx

Morning everyone,

So pleased you are home Aneeebel, and I understand how you feel now your daughters have taken over looking after you. I think we are so used to being the ones who ‘do the family’ if you know what I mean, it’s hard when something like this blinking cancer jumps up and destroys your whole equilibrium. I am finding it increasingly hard to stay positive. But, the important thing is to let them help you now and you will soon be feeling more like your old self again.

Sar_ah, it sounds like Docetaxel, I have just had my 4th and last dose and certainly my skin is really really sensitive, the skin is bright red between all my figures and I know that eventually this will break and peal. I will get little spots on my chest,back and arms  that will bleed plus I have blisters on my toes and the tops of my fingers. Additionally my nails are very sore and I am finding it hard to open things with my fingers. My oncologist just said, yes it’s the docetaxel! All my creams make my skin nip, so I have just put up with it.

Finally, have a lovely Christmas everyone, I hope you all keep well over the festive period, my only positive is that my appetite is so poor, I know I won’t be struggling to do my Jeans up on Boxing Day! 😂

Festive hugs to all. x

@Aneeebel Great that you are home! I hope Ellie's Mum is right behind you.

@Sar_ah Are you on T now? What cycle are you on? The blisters may be a side effect; the rash, too.

For the blisters (assuming they develop, which mine did), I believe it is best to keep feet elevated when possible, moisturize a lot (but gently), and wear very comfy shoes -- I had to wear not just trainers but also thick socks to reduce the pain and stop more from developing. Ine of my June-mates had them so bad she was told to moisturize and then wrap her feet in cling film and put them up.

Afraid I don't know what to advise on the rash beyond the usual stuff.

Definitely alert your oncologists to both, as they may want to reduce your next dose. 💞
Community Champion

Sar_ah.... I'm a very poor patient unfortunately!
I'm the Mama...I do the 'looking after'...
My two (adult) daughters have advised me that from now on 'I have to do as I'm told and they WILL be looking after me whether I like it or not!!' 👭😘

I was talking to a lady on Friday and she said she ended up with a horrible rash all over her arms and face...maybe you should ring the helpline for advice just in case it could potentially spread.... It's bad enough having a rash on your arms and feet but would be awful on your face! Maybe they could advise you what could help x 🎀

💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗💪🏼💗

Glad to hear your home aneeebel Smiley Happy)) hope your getting plenty of rest and being a good patient Smiley Wink
Hope your also feeling better Elliesmum?
I put my name down for the LGFG workshop in October and got too February if I’m lucky! I’ve opted instead for just asking in boots and Debenhams which seems to be doing the trick! I still think I look nothing like me which is bloody hard at times!
I’ve developed some interesting side effects the last couple of days including an eczema type rash on my arms and my heels strangely feel like the have blisters which makes walking a bit painful .... I feel like im falling apart 🤦‍♀️ So I’m making use of this and using it as an excuse to use lots of lovely creams Smiley Happy
Hope you all have a lovely day xxx
Community Champion

Hi Ladies...

Hope you're all well 😘💗

I was discharged yesterday but only after a bit of "gentle persuasion"... my oncologist wanted me to stay another night... but as I twisted her arm up her back she decided to let me home! 😂💪😂💪😂
I've got oral antibiotics for 5 days but at least I'm home! 😁😁😁

Elliesmum...were you discharged? Hope you're a bit better! 💗

I've woken up to a horrible wet miserable morning!! Where did I put my brolly?? 🌨🌨🌨🌨

Shi... thanks for the advice x

Take care everyone... have a lovely day x 🎄🎅🏻

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry utube not iTunes xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel and Ellie’s mum 👍👍great you are both responding to casa nhs and 🤞🤞🤞home today for you both. For eyebrows go for a powder and stencil and stiff brush there is a girl on iTunes that does a good tutorial video and you can buy the stuff off amazon dirt cheap 👍👍for eyelashes nip into a boots (most of the girls in the counters in there and Debenhams do the Lgfb days) so if you ask them to show you how to give illusion of lashes they will happily show you (you use feather like strokes of a pencil very close to the lash line) its amazing how good it works rather than just drawing a thick line on you do a softer line ❤️❤️❤️ And my darling amazing ladies you are still there when you look in the mirror, this does not strip away the beautiful amazing strong ladies you all are, it tries to but you just go 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊jog on 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊our threads 💪💪💪💪💪and 👭👭👭👭and we’ll get through. 💕💕💕✨✨✨to you all Shi xx
Community Champion

Yay, Aneeebel! I’m so pleased you’re feeling better.💕👍 I’m feeling so much better too. Those IV antibiotics seem to have done the trick (or maybe it was the morphine 🙈)... Way ahead of you here - I’ve already asked if I can go home! 😂 “Not yet” was the reply I received, but it looks like they will let me go home today once they’ve gotten a few more bags of IV antibiotics into me.

Good work making it to Scotland, Fiona. 🎄Glad to hear that your nieces have been accepting of your new look. My eyelashes and eyebrows are also on the way out and I, for one, am terrible at applying make up. 🤷‍♀️ I went on a Look Good Feel Better course a few weeks ago and, while it was helpful and I definitely recommend going, it wasn’t quite what I expected. I couldn’t really see what was being demonstrated and I was left to my own devices to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Everyone was very friendly, and the bag of goodies was nice, but it wasn’t very hands-on. I needed some full-on intervention! 🤣 They do have lots of online tutorials and videos and there are also make up counters at some stores (Boots?) that can give you some personal assistance. I got a few tips at the course, but have actually found the online resources more helpful. Good luck with it!🤞

Badboob, reddi, shi, Sar_ah, thank you all for thinking of me! Your positive energy has clearly done the trick as I feel so much better. 🥰💪

I hope everyone gets lots of rest and enjoys the festive period. Xox 🎅🎄🎁⛄️💪💕
Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies... Hope you're all well! I actually feel a lot better this morning... Is it too early to be discharged do you think???? We need to get the show on the road...
😂😂😂 🎀🎀
Shi, Thankyou for your thinking about me 😘
I'm not on FEC, I'm on TCH and Pertuzumab... I've still actually got some very fine hair left on my head although, it does seem to be getting finer! I'm quite impressed it's lasted this long!

ElliesMum...hope you're feeling a bit better this morning 🎀🎀

💜Fiona, Thankyou for thinking of me, hope you have a fab time in Scotland! And yes, I agree, kids are very resilient! 🎀🎀

Badboob... You're allowed to rant! 🎀🎀

Reddi and Sa_rah..i...Thankyou to you too for thinking of me 🎀🎀

Have a fabulous day everyone... Stay strong!
🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼

Community Champion

Good morning ladies

Aneeebel and ElliesMum, I hope your enforced stays at Casa NHS are doing the trick and you're both starting to feel better. We're all thinking of you and sending lots of love and hugs 🤗🤗 You can do this and we're all here for you.

I've noticed that I've started to lose my eyelashes and have just read Shi's comment which says T finishes them off 😣 I'm not looking forward to that. I've just about accepted the person looking back at me in the mirror but fear this next bit with the eyelashes and brows. I think it's because it makes a person look like a cancer patient (I hesitated over the word victim but to me that's a negative thought) and I don't want people to look at me and pity me. This is hard enough emotionally and physically without having to deal with other people's emotions. I've booked onto a Look Good Feel Better workshop but that's not until Feb, after my last (🤞🏻) T. So I'll probably end up looking like a clown in the interim🤡 (I've never been brilliant at make up).

We arrived safely in Scotland and my sister and nieces turned up in the afternoon. After an initial stare at me (I was wearing a headscarf) they soon realised it was still me. The eldest, who's 8, was a bit more wary but once I gave her a hug and told her I'm still aunty Fi she was fine. My sister wanted to see my bald head but I had to make sure the eldest was ok to see it and she was. It's hard to know how children will react isn't it? And this niece in particular is very wary of illness so I didn't want to upset her at all. But kids seem to be resilient 😁

So today they're coming over again (I had to have a rest at some stage yesterday, the noise was incredible) and will be opening their presents from us 🎁🎁🎄🎄.

Take care lovely ladies 🤞🏻you're all well and resting up. 💪💪🤗🤗
💜Fiona xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel 😘😘 it’s hard to know what’s what during chemo, your temp is up and down like a yo, yo, you have se’s To contend with, botty troubled, back up on the fec and 🌪🌪🌪arse on t (well some of us did last year) you are hairless too if you’ve not cold capped and then the t will finish if any remaining eyebrows and lashes, but your head hair does start to come back on the t, so crazy as it sounds something positive eh 👍rest up and let them pump you full of whatever to get that temp under control and you home safely 😘😘Ellie’smum, 🤞🤞🤞your temps behaving and you have managed to get home ❤️❤️❤️Badboob, think all of us had at least one 🤬🤬🤬moment like that on the journey, you are sat their 🧣 wrapped round your face to keep any germs away, hot and sweaty from the meds and chemo and you get mucked about a bit and even the most calm rational person in the world can go into hang on a minute mode you should be looking after me a bit better please. Right then those in hospital the thread will be having a group 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻At 10pm (nip to the loo and join in) extra bonus points if you get up and do it at the side of the bed 😁😁😁Tune on Chemo jukebox will be dancing queen by ABBA 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻See you tomorrow n the dance floor ladies 💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

@Aneeebel and @ElliesMum I am so sorry you're both in Casa NHS, but at the same time I am very glad you are -- they will keep a good eye on you! Fingers crossed that you're both back with your families very, very soon. Doing it Shi-style!: 💪💞👍💐🙌⛄... 🐀 (That last one for the creature most definitely not stirring in your rooms, thus ensuring good nights of 💤)

Ahhh! There you are Aneeebel! Sorry you too are at Hotel NHS, I hope you get sorted soon. I suppose we should all be thankful we aren’t at Gatwick!!

xx

Oh goodness Elliesmum, I feel really guilty about my rant! At least I am well enough to have a meltdown if you see what I mean.... You poor thing being in Hotel NHS. What a nightmare so close to Christmas! I do hope you get better and can join the in laws! At least you have a jolly good excuse to get out of the washing up,

And Anneebel, you are very quiet, I hope everything is ok........I think we are all just a little concerned about you. 

We are off off to my sisters in the New Forest. I haven’t seen her since September so it will nice to be looked after for a few days.

Hugs to all

Community Champion

Hiiiìiii Ladies

Thank you for thinking of me...much appreciated! 😘🌷
I've been quite unwell for the last few days... 😷
I rang the Helpline this morning as my temperature had gone up yet again! I'm being admitted to hospital....I'm sat waiting for a bed as I type! 😫😫
I've been suitably reprimanded for not calling earlier in the week!
(I know I should have done!!! I'm just too clever for my own good!!)🙄🙄

ElliesMum... glad you're feeling marginally better! Hopefully you'll have a nice sleep tonight! 😴

Take care everyone... stay strong! 💪💪🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻

💗💪💗💪💗💪💗
Community Champion

What a debacle, Badboob! I’m sorry you had such a bad experience having to wait around for so long for a simple blood test. These things are super frustrating when they come on top of everything else we’re dealing with. Good to hear that your back passage issues are easing and the colonoscopy is no longer necessary. We need to celebrate the little victories!👍

Fiona, I totally agree that this message forum has been so supportive and helpful. Thank you, wonderful October ladies, for helping me get through this. It makes such a difference having people who understand what it feels like and are going through the same 💩!

Kateday, I’ve found T a bit tougher than FEC so far, but I know that some people find it easier. Mentally it was a bit challenging for me, as the side effects didn’t hit me immediately and I felt progressively worse for a few days before starting to feel better. Now that I know what to expect, I think the next cycle will be mentally easier for me to deal with.

I’m in hospital as I write this, as I ended up spiking a fever overnight and felt really terrible. They couldn’t get my temperature down below 38, despite several hours of IV fluids, antibiotics and paracetamol. So I’ve been admitted and will have to stay overnight. Sigh. While it is very inconvenient, in some ways I’m pleased as I really felt so awful this morning and I’m finally starting to feel a bit more human. We were supposed to be driving up to Lancashire tonight to spend Christmas with my in-laws. They have offered to take our little girl tonight and then I will go up once I’m discharged. It was so lovely of them to offer to look after her for the night. I will try to make the most of my enforced stay in Casa NHS and catch up on some sleep. Love to all, and I hope that you all have a magical Christmas! Xox 🎁🎄💕😘⛄️
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aneebel ❤️❤️❤️😘😘hope you are ok darling 😘😘we’ve got you 👭👭👭👭👭💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello everyone, hope everyone is ok and trying to get though this poopy poop. Had my 4th Docetaxel, Herceptin and Perjeta on Tuesday and it only took 4 hours! 

Thank you reddi for your words, very encouraging for us all as we struggle along this chemo road. I can see a little chunk of light now I am more than half way, but a change to EC in the new year will bring new worries and fears.

i am amazed but how low my emotional state is, I am normally more strong and stable, but I am definitely now in the weak and wobbly camp. Had a complete meltdown yesterday, I had been called to the hospital (again) to get the results of my dna/gemone trial I’m on. It’s the one that been in the press a lot recently. So for a 9.45 appointment, I battle though the commuter traffic and arrive at the hospital at 9.30. At 10.30 I ask were I am in the queue. Told to wait another 10 minutes and they will let me know. At 10.45 I ask again, I’ m next! At 11.00 I get called to see the scientist. No apology for delay. She says various things which are rather obvious, such as, I have breast cancer and it’s HER2+!!! Then says I’m not BRAC1 or 2. But as I am the only person in the family with BC this is hardly a surprise. She then said that I might be CHEC2 which is a new gene they have identified and want to study but my bloods were inconclusive so would I do another blood test and then come back and see the genetic team who are looking for people to study with this gene. So at 11.15 I am out and take a ticket for a blood test and realise that there are 13 people in front of me. After another half an hour, I start to lose it and go and complain to the poor receptionists. At this point I have a full blown meltdown, mainly  because I had a lunch date booked with friends at 12.00 but this is in a town over an hour away and it’s now 11.45! they manage to bump me up the line for bloods and get me to fill in a complaint form. I was surprised how emotional I was about this. It’s so unlike the real me, but this stuff does really mess you up in many ways.

Needless to say I didn’t make lunch and was wasted for the rest of the day so still have loads to do today and still feel rubbish! Ahhhhhhhh!!! 

The good old news is that there is an improvement in the bottom department and my oncologist cancelled my colonoscopy, thank goodness as I don’t think I would have coped! 

Hugs to all

Good morning ladies
Just having a little catch up
My third EC at reduced dose was much more tolerable , yes still felt erm poop but only for a week and not so bad , I still have one more EC to go then move to four T
How are you all finding the change over I am preying the side effects are not as bad x