cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Hello Ladies...

Fiona...so sorry to hear you had a 💩 Day! I do hope you're feeling a bit better!

Youre definately not pathetic.... I, for one, still have days when I could cry!! 😘😘😘

Badboob...congrats, on your new addition to the family! 💙

Hope you're all well...

My absolute darling Grandaughter ran the muddy challenge today...she raised about £330 for Cancer research...she had a message on her back saying she was running the Race for Life for her Grandma...made me cry!! I'm so proud of her! 🏃🏼🎀💗

Well, me, my hubby and my antibiotics are in sunny Greece!!! Ha! No where on the leaflet in with the tablets does it say not to drink alcohol.... That's lucky!!! 👙🌞🍺

Have a fabulous weekend Girls x 🎀💗🌸

Community Champion

Congrats on the new addition to your extended family, Badboob! 💕 I hope your goddaughter and her little boy are both doing well!

I’m so impressed that you’re managing to work during rads, Fiona. You’re a superstar! Hope you have a relaxing weekend. 😘 xox

Community Champion

Shi, good luck to you and all the otber fabulous ladies for your Pink Ribbon walk tomorrow 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️. I hope the weather holds out for you, local forecast says sunshine & showers. If I get chance I might pop across as it's only 10 minutes away 😉

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Thank you ElliesMum and Badboob , your hugs and thoughts have helped and I'm feeling more positive today 🤗 What would I do without you all 🤔 

I've got to go into work today (not normal for me on a friday) but I'm in 3 meetings. Good job we only work a half day on a Friday 😉

Have a great, if still a little wet, day 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Oh Fiona, come here and have a great big hug. 🤗🤗 . You are of course correct that we think we are ok, but not far from the surface we are still very vulnerable. It’s so easy to have a melt down from nowhere isn’t it. But we understand, so just rant away! I’m so pleased that you are now back on track for your finishing date. Hopefully there will be no more delays, and you can really have a double celebration 🍾🥂💑

How the boob holding up? Sorry your tums is misbehaving, that’s all you need while you are lying on the table trying to ignore your itchy nose with your tum churning away! 😱.

Now for some good news! My lovely goddaughter has had her baby! A boy! Aubury Frank was born on Tuesday and joins his Sister Betsy and brother Ted, he is also my 20th great  nephew/niece. 💕👶💙💙💙. I really am not that old, it just that DH and I both come from large families and they breed like rabbits 😂😂😂

Hugs

Community Champion

Oh no, I’m so sorry you’ve had a crappy day Fiona! I can totally understand where you are coming from. I think I would have reacted in a similar way! I’m so pleased someone was able to swap appointments with you. 👍

Have to dash now (need to get off the train before I miss my stop), but just wanted to send you a big virtual hug! 🤗 Thinking of you 💕😘 xox

Community Champion

I'm having a low day today 😭 The hospital phoned me last night to cancel today's appointment and put it to 21 June, a day after I finish this 💩 called cancer treatment. I got really upset because it's fixed in my mind I finish on 20th and it's my wedding anniversary on 21st and we've planned to go out. Anyway, a few tears later I'm back on today as some kind person has swapped for me 😊 It just made me realise that we're still so vulnerable and emotional even though we think we're getting there. I'm tired and emotional today and just want to hide away 😢. Then of course I cried at work because someone asked how I was. How pathetic is that 😣 No-one realises that we're at the mercy of other people and machines and all we want is to live a normal life.

Sorry to go on ladies, it's just a 💩day today.

And my tum is no better, so that's getting me down too. I'm starting to wonder if I've become intolerant of some food. I guess I'll have to get in at the quacks 😣

Oh well, tomorrow's another day. At least this will be 10 of 16 so the end is in sight 👍🏻

I hope you're all well. Big hugs 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hope your tum improves Fiona!! 

You'll soon be ringing the bell!!! 🔔🔔🔔

😎😎😎😎

Community Champion

Hooray, I'm over halfway through rads and all is going well 😁 No skin reaction, no stiffness in the shoulder so far (and I'm not doing my exercises, naughty girl). It's just this dodgy tum. I had a review with the onc today, she doesn't think it's related to rads, just said my body has been through a lot so it could be just the way my body is coping. If it carries on for too long after rads I'm to see my gp!  Of course, now it's in the back of my mind it's something a bit more serious 😯 or have I suddenly become intolerant of something?

I can't get over the fact you've had your hair trimmed Aneeebel , I'm so impressed. Mine is growing nicely but the back is much curlier than it was before C. It's also very grey 😂 but I'm not sure that's any different from before 😉

Enjoy your evening ladies .

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Thanks Fiona 😎...everything but the kitchen sink is packed!! I'm not opening the suitcase again!! If we've forgotten anything then it's tough titties! (Or tough tit! 😳)

I didn't have a dodgy tum through rads! 

That's gone so quickly...half way already!! 💪🏻🎀

Thanks ElliesMum... 😎

I do have something EXTREMELY exciting to tell you.... I had my hair trimmed yesterday..a very minute trim but hey, a trim is a trim!!! A girl has to start somewhere!! Haha! ✂️👩🏼✂️👩🏼✂️ 

I did nearly have a coronary when I heard the shaver going...I sqwealed Don't shave it!! He said I'm not shaving it Ann, I'm using it to get rid of the longer bits!! I think I made him jump!! Hahaaa! ✂️👩🏼😂

Have a good day Ladies x 🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸

Community Champion

Yay Aneeebel, have a marvellous trip!!! ☀️ 🏖 🍸🧢 🍹👙 Also, excellent news that the MUGA scab showed you were ok to continue with herceptin. 👍💕😘

Fiona, excellent work making it to half way mark for rads! 🤗 👏 I didn’t have a funny tummy at all, just felt super tired, so I’m afraid I can’t help with that. Hope you start to feel better soon! 🎀🤞

xox

Community Champion

Aneeebel, I hope you've remembered to pack your 👙 and 👒 and factor 50 🤣 Seriously, have a fantastic relaxing time in Greece, you've earned this with everything you've been through 💕💪

I'm doing ok so far, halfway there now. Today's is early, 8.45am 😴. Did anyone else have a dodgy tummy through rads? I've got a review with the onc after but thought I'd see if any of you had suffered at all. I'll let you know how I get on 👍🏻

Have a lovely, if a little wet, day 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

My lottie is doing well, thankyou Shi....

Altho, the flipping weeds are growing with a vengeance with all this rain!!! 🙄🌱🍎🍄

We're off on our jollies tomorrow! Yippee! 😎😎😎😎😎

Hope you're well  x 😊🌷🎀

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi anneebel 👍great news MUGA scan ok and you were able to have herceprin 😘hope your lotties ok with all the rain 😱where’s our summer 🌞🌞🌞time for a 🌞🌞🌞💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Girls, let’s get it 🌞🌞🌞for everyone 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

How are your rads going Fiona? 

Hope you haven't been delayed! 💪🏻😘

How are you Badboob? Is your skin still intact? 👙😘

Elliesmum...how's work going? Is our little 🐥 okay? 🎀😘

Hope you're ok at Sar_ah! Are you managing at work? 💜💪🏻

I had my MUGA scan yesterday...my Ejection Fraction was 52% so I had my Herceptin injection today -if it goes lower than 50% you're not allowed to have the injection so that was good news!

Hope you're all well x 🎀🌸

Community Champion

Hmmm, slight headache today but not too bad. Managed to cook a full English breakfast too 🤣 It felt good to be normal again 👍🏻

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Ladies 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

How's your head Fiona??? 😂🍺🍻🥂💃🕺

Are you cooking a scrummylicious English brekkie this morning? 🍳🥚🥪

I'm just making a fried spud butty!!

😁 

Ha ha Fiona, your post made me laugh! Hope the head is ok this morning 😘🍺🍻🥂🍷🍸🍹🍾🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️💃💃🕺🕺

Lovely to do normal things! 🤗🤗

Community Champion

Hey  Aneeebel, you're my hero 💕👱‍♀️I think you're amazing. We've got friends stopping with us tonight who haven't been with us since I was diagnosed so loads of cancer chat until I decided otherwise. Now we're pumping music and drinking🤣 Actually I'm almost asleep but it sounds goods 🤣

Community Champion

Hope you're all having a fab w/e Ladies... It's been piddling down big time in Lancashire!

I haven't done anything...except have 40 winks on the sofa! 🙄😂😴 x

🎀💗👙🌸🌷

Well well! I step away for few days thinking there wouldn’t be much going on here, after email gate 😂😂😂 and what do I find when I check on you lot! You been chatting way about all sorts and we have a lovely new ‘face’ to join us!

My4girls, you are most welcome to our nonsense thread! I am humbled by your story and the thought of more chemo later in the year is very sobering. I am pleased that our chatting has been of help and certainly I agree with the others that nobody really understands what we are going though unless your are actually going through it yourself! But we can still laugh at the ridiculous situation we are in as well as a good cry on occasions. I think DH still thinks I am communicating with a mad axe man or something! 🤣🤣🗡⛏. I not am I? 🙀

I’ve been thinking about you Fiona on the Rads treadmill, your experience is so similar to mine. A ten minute zap could take up all day with travelling, parking waiting etc. At least you are nearly half way so you are getting there. Squinty is much much better. The ointment did the trick and I bought some nursing breast pads which helped my sore nipple! She is still the colour of liver😳 but is past the peak and I am starting to feel almost normal, well 80% but that will do for now.

So sorry Aneeebel that you are still struggling, I am sure you won’t need a bag, but you do need your holiday, it will do you a power of good to get away for a bit 🤗😘.

Poor 🐥 Elliesmum, must have been a frightening experience for you all. I hope she is back to her sassy self very soon. Have you thought of a season ticket for A&E! 😉.

Hope all good with you Sarah and you are enjoying being back at work! 

Hugs to all. 

Community Champion

How's our little 🐥today ElliesMum ? Poor little mite, it must be quite scary for her.

Hope you're all well ladies 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

Fiona...you're quite right things havent been easy but I'm sure there must be people who have had it harder...My body can't hack it much longer tbh!  (Yes, i know..im being dramatic!) Roll on Greece! 

Hope your rads went okay and you weren't delayed! 🎀

Badboob, ElliesMum and Sar_ah...hope you're all well!

ElliesMum...Hope our 🐥 is okay...💕

4MyGirls...welcome to our group..we're quite a friendly bunch (😉)..I'm so pleased we've helped you in a small way! 

You're quite right...none of us expect to be in this club.. 

Without these amazing people to "talk to" It would have been a very lonely journey...

Hope you've all had a good day Ladies x 🎀💕🎀💕🎀💕

Community Champion

What a lovely message, 4MyGirls! 💕 I hope you are feeling ok after chemo and surgery. Best of luck with your rads. You’re almost at the finish line now! 👍💐😘

Speaking of rads, are you still feeling ok, Fiona? Your veggies sound like they’re doing very well! 🌽 🥬 🍅 Hope your skin is still improving, Badboob and Aneeebel. And that your return to work is going well, Sar_ah!

I ended up in A&E again this afternoon... but for once, it wasn’t for me!!! I almost felt like celebrating that I was there for another reason! 🙈😂 Little duckling 🐥 ate something she was allergic to at nursery, so we ended up in hospital so they could monitor her (lips went blue and she broke out in a rash). Thankfully she recovered pretty quickly and we’re back home again now.

Big hugs to you all! Xox 💕😘🎀

Good afternoon

I wanted to say a big thank you to all you lovely ladies on this thread. I too am an October 2018 chemo starter. However I only came across this page towards the end of my chemo in March when I wanted to check out some symptoms I was having. The advice given by yourselves has been amazing. And just the fact that you understand the highs and lows of going through treatment is such a big help. Breast cancer is one of those clubs you never want to join, and there are times when even though you have loving friends and family, they don’t always understand how or why you feel a certain way.

So, my story so far is that I had 8 cycles of chemotherapy - 4 x EC and 4 x Docetaxel. I had surgery at the end of April, which was a mastectomy and axilary node clearance 7/7, and I will be 15 sessions of radiotherapy later this month. I will then be having further chemotherapy and hormone therapy later this year. So because most of you ladies were just ahead of me with treatment, I followed the thread to see what to expect with surgery and also for when I start radiotherapy. Your open conversation has helped me with worries I have had and also with questions to put to my Drs and BC nurses.

Therefore I thought it was about time I signed up properly so I could tell you all thank you for sharing your stories, your advice, your tears and laughter. I wish you all well as you continue with your treatment and recovery.

Love

4MyGirls

Community Champion

Ah, bless you Aneeebel. You certainly haven't had the easiest of journeys have you? This holiday is definitely what you need so no bags, just lots of sarongs. Remember, one day at a time. Who knows, by the time you actually go away you could be almost fixed with the peeling etc 💪

My rads are going fine so far, thank you all for asking 👍🏻No skin issues yet, it just gets tiring hanging around waiting. Yesterday's session took just 15 mins from walking in the room to leaving it. I'm so glad I got to do it Derby though, rather than Sheffield. I'd have to allow 2 hours probably to get to Sheffield each day and that would be so painful.

Tonight's appt is 5.40pm. I wonder how late they're running today 😠 Oh well, it'll soon be over. And this is by far the least painful and invasive of the treatments to date for me.

How's our little 🐥 doing ElliesMum? 

And the lottie Aneeebel? I've already harvested some spinach and lettuce.

I hope Squinty is ok now Badboob and work is going ok for you Sar_ah 😁

Better get ready for no 5 👍🏻

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

ElliesMum..my under arm and chest feel better than they did but still quite painful to be honest! The area above my MX wound has now started peeling! 

I'm not going on holiday with this chest/armpit...I'm going to look a right sight!

Thanks for asking 🌻🌼

Does any one have a bag I could put over my head...at least no-one will know it's me then!!! 🛍🛍🛍😫😫😫😎😎😎🌞🌞🌞

Fiona..hope your rads sessions are being kind to you! 💪🏻💪🏻

Hope you other Ladies are doing well 🎀💕

Community Champion

How are you feeling so far with the rads, Fiona? Is the breath holding going ok? Not too sore yet? Hope all is well, and that you’ve not encountered too many delays! 🤞😘

How are you feeling, Aneeebel? Antibiotics still helping and underarm wound on the improve? Good work calling your radiotherapy team! 👍 Hope squinty is doing well, Badboob, and that you’re doing well back at work, Sarah! 🤗

Have a lovely Wednesday ladies 💕🎀

P.S. Apologies for the email dramas! 🙈🤦‍♀️😬 Hopefully it’s resolved now and you received my replies! 🤞

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🌻🌷🌼

ElliesMum...the antibiotics seem to be "doing the trick"..my chest amd underarm are a lot better...I feel better in myself too! I rang the Docs yet again and the swabs taken from under my arm did test positive for infection 😳 

I also rang the radiotherapy helpline (I'm so dateless...I never thought of ringing last week! 🙄 How long does chemo brain last???) -I was advised " not to put any ointment/moisturiser on my peeled bits, the best treatment is to let fresh air get to it! Rads burns and swelling/soreness is normal reaction to radiotherapy and the reaction peeks between 2-6 weeks after your last session..."

-trust me to get the whole lot!!! 😫😷

Thanks for asking x 🎀

How's your leg? Did your headache clear up? 💕

Fiona...hope your rads goes okay today x 😎

Badboob.. how's Squinty? 🎀

Sar_ah..hope work is going well 👍🏻

Hope you're all having a good day Girls 🌸💮🏵

Community Champion

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Aneeebel, how are you feeling? Are the antibiotics finally starting to help? I hope you’re on the mend. 🤞🎀  Badboob, is your wound improving? I hope you’re ok too, Sar_ah. 😘

Best wishes for your rads today, Fiona. Keep up the moisturising, fluids and rest!  👍💕

xox

Community Champion

ElliesMum... I'm pretty sure you'll look fine when you're sunning yourself next to the pool! 😎 👙

Thanks for the ideas...I've got a few sarongs that I usually take on my jollies! 😎

I rang the Docs yet again to see if my results were back...I was advised (eventually!! 😡) that the antibiotics I was given on Wednesday are the right ones and will clear any infection under my arm and chest, no need to apply any ointment! As it was the receptionist ringing me I'm guessing the Kwak only gave her limited info! 

🙄

Community Champion

Thanks for the swimwear recommendations, Badboob and Kip! 👍

Have you looked at getting a floaty, colourful sarong or kaftan, Aneeebel? They might let you feel like your vulnerable areas are covered when you’re sat by the pool/beach, then you could whip it off to jump in the water. I’m focusing on the accessories (new sunglasses 🕶 sun hat 🧢 and kaftan) and plan to get in the water so quickly when these are off that no one will me my swimwear! 😂👍🤷‍♀️🤞

How frustrating that your BCN is referring you back to your GP. I’d be fuming! 😤 Can you call your chemo unit, or whatever team oversees the administering of your herceptin (as you’re still under their care while you receive herceptin)? Or the radiotherapy unit? I would hope they could suggest some creams or dressings that might help the skin heal.

Great work getting another run/walk done this morning, Fiona. Good luck with session #2 this afternoon.

Have a fab weekend ladies! Xox 💕😘

Community Champion

It's a very nice cozzie Badboob....good price too! 👙 I got a few bits from Sainsburys for my hols! 😎

(It wouldn't be any good to me...one of my stomachs would be popping through the hole! 😂😂😂 Defo not a good look with an inflamed 'chest' and a peeling/rashy armpit...😳😳)

Fiona...my chest feels slightly better, thankyou....under my arm is still horrid! 

I rang and spoke to a BCN earlier...She has no idea what it could be! Suggested I contact my Gp.. even though I just told her I'd been to the Docs and I was on antibiotics for an infection! 

Im sure you've heard the phrase..Beating your head against a brick wall!!! 😩😩

I'll just sort it out myself... 

Sorry for whinging... 

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello ladies, just saw your posts regarding swimsuits (very nice black one though)… and wanted to pass on that Asda Online do a great line in swimwear for post operative gals...I have one which has pockets for prosthetics, although I use a Knitted Knocker filled with a shower scrunchie for swimming in, easy to ring out at the end and doesn't absorb the water.  Take a look on line, they have bikinis, costumes, tankinis and also do a good line in post op underwear too. all very reasonably priced.   You have to shop online though as Asda don't sell the post op line in store which is a shame.

Kip

x

Community Champion

Badboob, that's quite a sexy swimsuit, I think I might succumb and buy it 😁 How's squinty today? I do hope she's feeling better.

Aneeebel, how are you today? Have the 💊started working?

My timetable of rads is a bit later than I hoped. The first week they seem to be around 5.30pm, then around 4.30pm. Although I've got one at 8.45am 😲. I had a bit of an upset tummy last night, nothing too serious and I can only think it was just a release of tension. I also fell asleep on the settee about 8.30 😴 I'm sure that was just relief rather than the rads affecting me so soon. I can't be that bad as I went for a run/walk this morning 🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️

ElliesMum and Sar_ah, hope you're both well too.

I promise I'll get an email out over the weekend 😁

Big hugs to you all 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Online-Exclusive-Black-High-Neck-Swimsuit-/134931231-Black?sea...

Hi Ladies, All this talk of swimwear made me want to share this link. I found this on line when looking for something to cover up this summer. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and although I don’t look anything like the model 🤣😂🤣😂 it is rather good. 😉 At least it doesn’t make you look like a beached whale! At only 18 quid I felt I couldn’t go wrong, but now they have a sale on it’s a bargain! 😘🤪. It’s only problem is getting into it, but there is a zip at the back and those of you with softies will find the cups are supportive as well!  Anyway, just a thought........

Hugs 

Community Champion

Good news Squinty is feeling better Badboob... 

Thanks for thinking about me... 💕

I'm not sure I have enough energy for lying on the beach every day!! 👙😎😳🏖

I've just tried my new "high fronted" cozzie on that covers my 'chest'... I look like a beached  bloody whale!! 🐳🐳

I feel more conspicuous in that than I do in my 👙... I need a 🎪 to sit in.. 😂🙄😎

💕🎀

Well done Fiona! You are now on the Rads conveyor belt! 😉. I found it was completely random if they scribbled on me, sometimes yes, sometimes no! Very strange🥴. I hope you didn’t have to wait too long to be seen, again completely random! Slap that cream on and keep doing your exercises......Squinty is much better today, I have some ointment which is helping and I think 🤞I have pass the peak. 

I do hope the Antibiotics are working Aneeebel, have been thinking of you and hoping that you get yourself better for your holiday. 😘

Hugs

Community Champion

That tickled me about Fionas sessions ElliesMum... but you're quite right - Have one Fiona...get 4 free!! 💪🏻💪🏻

Ive had to have 40 winks this afternoon...I'm  so tired!! My chest doesnt feel quite as hot as it was yesterday so I'm assuming the medication has started working...thank goodness! 

Under my arm is peeling even more tho... my daughter looked at it and said it looks so painful...as it happens it's still completely numb from surgery so it doesn't feel painful but I can tell there's something not quite right, apart from it looking horrid! (I don't like arm pits at the best of times!! 😂😂)

Thanks for asking x 💕

🎀🎀🎀🎀

Community Champion

Yay Fiona, it’s almost like you’re 5 down already (given your schedule has been reduced by 4 treatment days)! 👍😂👏

How are you this afternoon, Aneeebel. Is your armpit any better?🤞 Your descriptions are so vivid, I can picture exactly what you mean with the peeling skin and inflammation. 🙈

xox 💕

Community Champion

Thanks Aneeebel. How are you today? Hopefully the pills are starting to do their job. You definitely need that holiday 😉😎👙👒

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Yippee Fiona... fab news that you're only having 16! One down... 💪🏻🎀🔔

Community Champion

Yay, first one done. I'm covered in purple crosses and lines, looks like my nieces have been drawing on me 🤣 and good news, they're doing 16 not 20 as the boosts will be integrated into the normal rads 😁👍🏻

All ok, breath holding was a bit difficult once but otherwise all good 👍🏻

ElliesMum, I hope your leg is getting better 🤗

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts.

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Thinking of you Fiona... let us know how you get on!  💪🏻💜💪🏻💜💪🏻💜💪🏻

ElliesMum...I wouldn't be impressed with their suggestion either! Good news your leg is feeling a bit better today though! 🎀

The skin under my arm is coming away even more today...I'm going to need an arm pit transplant before I go on me hols at this rate!

Not a good look...along with a rash and an infected chest! I'll have to get a full body suit at this rate to cover it all up!!! 😎🎪🌞👙

Hope you're all well Ladies...have a good day x 🎀🌻

Community Champion

Your tablets Aneeebel! 💊 😂 💕 I really hope they start to help soon. I hope the afternoon nap worked some magic and you felt a bit better overnight.

Well done on getting back to work, Sar_ah! Yay! 🤗👍 I’ve never been to Bournemouth, but given you had such a lovely time there it sounds like somewhere I should visit. (I almost accidentally ended up in Bournemouth one day, when I fell asleep on the train on my way to work... thankfully I managed to wake up by the time we got to Reading 😂)

Good luck with squinty, Badboob. I hope the doctor can sort something out for you. 🤞 It sounds sore!

Fiona, we’re all thinking of you today. Good on you for going into work this morning!!! 👏 I’ve found yoga has helped my head as well as my body too. I have also started using a mindfulness app with a short guided meditation to help get to sleep at night. (I was previously an excellent sleeper but have found it a bit harder recently to get to sleep, despite being tired 🤷‍♀️) It has really helped me end the day in a calm, relaxed way and ease off to sleep. 👍

I took your advice and called the unit yesterday evening. They advised me to take painkillers and “wait and see”; if it got worse I was to go to A&E (not keen on that option!) else I was to call this morning to update them. It feels a bit better today. The painkillers helped too. Their suggestion is that the nurse hit a nerve when administering it. Provided it doesn’t swell up or become hot to touch, I just need to be patient and it should ease over the next few days.

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday! Xox 😘💕💐🤗

Community Champion

Morning Ladies

Just a quick one to say I've now got everybody's email addresses so I'll send an email out over the next couple of days. I just want to get today done so that I know what to expect each day.

Thank you all for your good wishes, it means so much and it's great to know I've got you all to ask for advice as and when I need it.

Off to work now.

Have a great day 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Badboob, good luck with the drs tomorrow! Hope you get it sorted! 

I was thinking earlier about being close to you! We could indeed travel up (or wherever together!).   I’m so looking forward to meeting you all! I’m going to try and message back tonight!! 

Aneeebel good thinking! I suppose you could always try the alternative if no luck Smiley Wink 

x

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

Kip...thankyou for the info about the MUGA scan...I had a look on the web and it seems pretty straight forward, apart from the canulla with these veins!!! 😳💉

Shi...thanks for the tip about the hibiscrub,  I'll have a look for it! 🛁🎀

Fiona...good luck for tomorrow! Ill be thinking about you! You'll soon be ringing the bell!!💪🏻🔔

ElliesMum...how's your leg? Did you ring for advice? Fingers crossed the pain has eased off!🤞🏻💗

Sar_ah...fab news you had a good w/e! Congrats on starting back at work! 💪🏻🎀

Badboob...wonderful news youre doing well! Hopefully you'll get squinty sorted out asap! 👙 🎀

Thankyou to you all for thinking of me and for all your hugs and good wishes...it means a lot! 💗😘

I'm so cheesed off to be honest...can't get for going! I did actually mention my arm and my chest being swollen to the radiographer about a week into rads and was advised to carry on with the exercises so left it at that as I'd been told to expect redness and swelling! 💜Fiona...keep a very close eye on things during your sessions!

I've had an epic 2 hour nod on the sofa...I'll prob be awake all night! 😴

Oh...and just for the record..I decided to take the tablets orally as opposed to the "alternative"... Hahaaa 😂😂😂

🎀💗🎀💗🎀

Evening lovely ladies,

Gosh haven’t we all be busy, but some things are not going too well are they.☹️

First of all best wishes for tomorrow Fiona, I will be thinking of you as you lie there with your boobs out trying not to scratch your nose, it will itch, I promise you😂, but just think of Aneeebel on her sun bed and you will be fine........😉. I’m doing well one week on, apart from my nipple, which feels like it’s been caught in a vice.😱 I rang the help line who were very helpful with various creams and dressings so it off to the docs tomorrow to see if I can sort it out. She said it would be a further week before it subsides, poor squinty........

Now then Aneeebel,  another infection, what are we going to do with you.....your resistance must be so low after all the 💩 you really need your holiday to help you rebuild your strength. No wonder you are feeling so low, but your comment about hubby and his trip to the tip made me laugh as DH is exactly the same, if I didn’t chuck things out (without telling him 😉) we simply wouldn’t be able to get though the front door! He even refuses to delete old Bath rugby matches off the sky box which are 4 years old! FFS! Men! 🙆‍♀️🤣❤️

Oh Ellismum not sure what to say about Herceptin, the only pain I have from it is when they inject it. Sometimes it stings like hell and other times it’s painless. I think it’s to do with how slowly they do it. But as soon as they are finished it’s fine. I have had the odd beetroot face but not every time! Strange. However reading other treads here, joint pain seem quite common but I wonder if that’s the dreaded hormone blockers rather than the Herceptin. I agree with the others that perhaps you should get it checked out to be safe.

Dont worry Sarah about not working out how to use the PM on here, I couldn’t  work out how to do a reply all😂😂, but its lovely that we all want to get together. We are fairly close geographically so maybe we can share a lift(maybe)😉. So pleased you are going back to work, it lovely to feel that things are starting to get back on to an even keel isn’t it.

Nice to see some new faces on here as well, all welcome of course😘🤗

Hugs

Evening ladies,  I would love to meet up, I’m sorry I haven’t replied, I won’t let me!  For some reason I am o my able to reply to Aneeebel!? But yes I am up for meeting Smiley Happy) I normally respond on my phone so maybe that’s it?? I’m just on the train at the moment but have put a reminder in my phone to try tomorrow on the iPad! 

Fiona I hope rads goes well for you tomorrow, I’ll be thinking of you, another day closer 💕 you sound very prepared for it with all your exercise and being healthy! I found exercise really got me though rads, I hope it’s as helpful for you. 

Elliesmum I hope your leg improves! Did the unit have any useful advice for you. 

Well done in park run Smiley Happy I would worry about the speedy kids, I’m sure they give them something I go that fast Smiley Wink 

Aneeebel, I hope the tablets haven’t been too bad! You did make me chuckle when you said you weren’t sure where they went! Smiley Happy I hope your on the mend soon x 

Bournemouth was lovely thank you, we’re going back next month Smiley Happy I’m counting down the days! I also returned to work this week Smiley Happy I’m so pleased to be back but have no idea how Elliesmum and Fiona have managed it! I’m excused and it was only one day, I’m not allowed loose on patients yet but it’s great to be back! 

Hope you all have a lovely evening, I’m off to let my husband from work and have just arrived in London.

love to you all xx