327548posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

Yay Badboob, last day of rads! Woohoo! 💐🍾🥳🎊 I’m ringing a virtual bell for you too! 🔔 Fabulous work making it to the end of active treatment. Thanks for being so supportive throughout it all. 😘 Xox 

Aneeebel, I hope your arm settles down. How extremely frustrating for you!!! It’s great that your physio is being cautious and proactive, but “lymphoedema clinic” are two words none of us want to hear. 😢 Fingers crossed the massage did the trick and the pain eases for you. 🤞🤞🤞

My yoga class went really well, thanks. I’m absolutely rubbish at it (terrible balance, flat feet, minimal strength) but really enjoyed it. The instructor was excellent and it was exactly what I was looking for. It was a 90 minute class in the evening. I almost fell asleep in the 5 minutes of guided meditation at the end! 😂

Hope you’re having a good week, Fiona and Sar_ah. I’ve decided to do a Parkrun this weekend - for the first time ever. A colleague at work was telling me about the “5k your way” initiative that runs alongside several Parkruns on the last Sat of every month. It’s aimed at people who have/had cancer, as there are so many benefits from being active. While there is no way my knees will let me run 🏃‍♀️, I’m swallowing my pride and plan to walk it! Might even bring 🐥 along in her buggy (if she consents... getting very independent now and flat out refuses to get in her buggy some days as she is a “big girl”. What happened to my baby?!?) There is no way I can carry her for 5km! 😂 So I may “run” solo.

Have a lovely day ladies. I’ll ring the bell again for you Badboob (as this has ended up being such a long and meandering message, as usual 🤦‍♀️) 🔔🔔🔔🥂💕

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Aneebel,  sorry to hear your arm is still painful.  I suffered with this after finishing rads too.  I had a cording which ran from my wrist to armpit and was painful to straighten my arm out.   I got someone to massage it vigorously for me as two thumbs pressing were better than me trying.   Eventually it did go but I was referred to lymphodema clinic too and they said I have mild lymphodema, it's very slight and not really visible.  They did some measurements to find out.  I have a sleeve but only need to wear it when doug heavy jobs, gardening or exercising so I tend to wear it around the house etc and then don't need it when I'm out.   I was guttered when they said as felt it was just another thing to deal with but now I see it as prevention to it getting worse.  Keep up with the arm exercises everyday and also massage that arm starting at the top and working downwards in upward strokes.  Hopefully you won't have the lymphodema but it's fine if caught quickly.

Kip

Community Champion

Morning Ladies 🎀

Badboob... best wishes for your last rads today!! Are you ringing the bell? 🔔🔔🔔

We can all celebrate with you when you've finished!! 🍾🥂💗🎉

How did you get on at yoga ElliesMum? 💪🏻🎀

Fiona...has DD dried up completely now? 💛

Sar_ah...hope you're well 🎀

After I said the pains in my arm had eased off a bit on Monday...it decided to go painful again! The physio massaged it again..ouch! She's hoping it's from the aftereffects of rads but if it's no better when I go again next week she's referring me to the  lymphoedema clinic!! 😫😫

I'm not having lymphoedema...I flatly refuse!!!!!! 🤪 Keep everything crossed for me please! 😝😝

Have a good day x 🎀

Community Champion

Fiona...the physio massaged my arm on Friday which improved the movement in it slightly almost straight away... Then over the w/e it was still quite restricted but today it's loosened up a bit... I've got another appointment on Tuesday (tomorrow) so hopefully it should improve again! 

She did say that it was probably rads that has caused it! 

No, it didn't pop but you feel like if it did pop it would be better! (If that makes sense!) 💪🏼

Glad you had a lovely walk...and a lovely glass of vino...  I nearly gave up drinking after the 'Prosecco night' but I've recovered... Phew!! 😂😂

Enjoy your yoga class ElliesMum 💪🏼 

💗🎀👙🌸

Community Champion

Only Aneeebel could make a comment like that :-) I thought it was hilarious too and read it out to hubby ;-)

Gosh, I hadn't thought about the mx and balance issues.  I hope you all adjust well to that.

Aneeebel, how's the arm this afternoon?  Did the physio manage to "pop" it?  And if you need to have a nap, do so.  Your body has been through so much in the past few months, it needs a rest so just give in to it.

Yes, I'll get back into the arm exercises before rads so that I don't suffer too much.  Being the last of us to go through rads has some advantages - I've got all the great advice from you lovely ladies :-)

ElliesMum, have you settled back into work ok?  I'm so pleased I'm flexi time and work for my hubby!

What a lovely evening it's been here - we did manage a good walk this afternoon which was great, followed by a glass of rose!

Big hugs to you all xxx

Community Champion

I hope your rads and herceptin went well today, Badboob. 💉 Only two days to go! 🤗 We can celebrate with you on here on with virtual 🍾 and then you can have the real stuff with your hubby when he gets home! 🥂 Keep up the moisturising. 🤞

Haha I laughed out loud at your Great Tits comment, Aneeebel, and got a very strange look from the person seated beside me on the train. 😂 I also had no idea that a mastectomy could affect your balance! I didn’t have much to take away (only a B cup 👙), but have had some balance issues. Mind you, I’ve always been a bit prone to fainting/feeling lightheaded anyway so hard to tell if it is due to surgery for me.🤷‍♀️ Good to know though! I hope the physio can continue to help you with your cording and recovery post-surgery and rads. And definitely take those naps!!! You’ve earned them! 😘

So sorry to hear that you were unwell, Fiona. I’m sure your Mum will have understood; these things can’t be helped. I hope you had a lovely walk this afternoon! 👍 I’m off to try out a new yoga class. I’ve not been to yoga or Pilates since going back to work. This class is very close to home and on an evening, so works well with work and giving duckling 🐥 dinner. Fingers crossed I can manage it! 🤞

Thanks Shi for always supporting us October18 ladies! 😘

Have a great evening ladies! 💕xox

Community Champion

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️❤️❤️you are all amazing ❤️❤️❤️and everyone’s 👭👭👭helps everyone as we bounce round the threads 😁😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

What happened to my post!!!! 😳🙄😳🙄😳🙄😳🙄

My post disappeared so I wrote it again...and now it's here!! 😳

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

What a shame you weren't well for your Mums visit Fiona... 🙁

The physio said I did have cording so she massaged my arm! It was quite painful to be honest! She said it can happen at any time! 🙄🤕 I have to go again tomorrow!  

I would suggest you start doing your exercises as rads can cause your breast/chest to swell up -the physio said to me that rads is more brutal than people think and our bodies are being absolutely battered! 💪🏼💗

My lottie is fabulous...everything is growing...including the bloody bindweed and nettles! 🌱 How are your crops doing? 

Oh, and it turns out my blue tits aren't blue tits... I've got Great Tits (!!👙😂) They're very busy in and out of the box! 🐦🐤

Badboob...I've been tired since about week 2 of rads...I've had to have a nod during the day for a few days! I'm not sure if it's the rads or my body has finally realised that it's had enough now and just wants a rest or both!! 🙄😳

Doesnt it feel like the rads sessions go so quickly!! It doesn't seem 5 minutes since you started yours and now you're nearly finished! You have to keep putting the moisturiser on for a couple of weeks! 

Bits of my skin are tender but not horrendously so... but my side seems to have gone spongy as if it's swollen inside! 🙄 How are you doing with your Letrozole? 🎀

Im still waiting for some parts of my mx wound to clear then the physio is going to massage it! 😳

ElliesMum...I don't know if you had any problems with your balance after your MX but I've been so off-balance...I'm going to end up on the ground at some point I can tell you! I asked my physio if a mastectomy would cause it and she said Yes! Your brain/body had to get used to the difference in gravity and weight distribution particularly if you have large breasts (I didn't think I had large breasts so I don't know why she said that to me, unless they're bigger than I gave them credit for!! 👙😂🙄)

She's given me some exercises I can do to improve balance! Watch this space! 💗

💗👙🎀🌸

Ohh get you with your Community Champion! Dead posh! Is that cos we are a chatty bunch or what? 

So so sorry to hear about your hedgehog Elliesmum, I am afraid is might have been poisoned by slug pellets which is what normally gets them. Shi is correct that they may well be more so keep going with the feeding, at least the local cats will enjoy it😉.

Wednesday is my last day, thank goodness. I was planning a little celebration with DH but he’s just informed me he’s got a board meeting in London that evening! So it will have to wait for another day. Squinty is a bit pink and a bit tingly, it’s like ants in your bra🙊😱very annoying but I am still full of beans so hopefully you will be ok too Fiona. It’s just a massive pain having to go everyday. 

Aneeebel, I hope you are ok now your rads are finished, I’ve been warned that the side effects will get worse for about a couple of weeks before they get better. Are you still knackered, I expect your Lottie is growing like mad now! 

Lovely to to hear from you Sarah I hope all goes well with you.

i have my 8th Herceptin later today followed by my Rads. What a lucky girl I am 😂💉🔥.

Yes, it would be lovely to get together we really must try and do some planning......🥂🍸

Hugs

Community Champion

I can see a few of us have made it to Community Champion level 👍🏻💪

Well done ladies and thank you 💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Afternoon Ladies, I hope you're all well?

Badboob, not long to go now. When is your final session? I hope everything is ok so far.

Sar_ah, you're sounding a lot more positive, I really hope you're coming to terms with it all and starting to create the new you. Any mote news on the bone density problem? Have you started running again?

How did it go with the physio, Aneeebel? Have you got some cording? I'm not being very good and seem to have stopped doing my exercises 🙄 naughty girl. I ought to get back into them before rads I suppose. How's the lottie doing?

ElliesMum, what a shame about your knees and not being able to run. That must be so frustrating 😠

It's strange we're all feeling a bit emotional. I keep blubbing over little things these days 😭 I think we're soon going to have to arrange a meet up as you ladies have been so fantastic in supporting me through the hard times and us supporting each other, we need to meet up, have a good cry and a laugh. I know it'll take some coordinating but I'd love to put faces to names and thank you all in person 🤗

We had my mum and her new "man" friend come to stay for the weekend. Unfortunately I was horrendously sick with what I can only assume was food poisoning so I was wiped out for most of the weekend (it took me straight back to that crappy feeling of chemo, even though I wasn't that bad during chemo). Still, my mum managed to get my ironing done so it wasn't all bad news 😁 At least it meant I could get back on my diet which has gone by the wayside for the past 2 weeks 🍞🥞🍟🍳🍝 I've encouraged hubby to lose some weight too before our hols in July 😉

ElliesMum, my rads start on 30th, next Thursday. I'm looking forward to it as it will magnify the beginning of the end of the treatment 👍🏻 all being well, I should finish them on 26th June, ready for hols on 6 July 😎.

I'm sneaking off work early today I think to get a good walk done. Hubby decided he was "working from home" today, something I thought was my privilege 🤔🤣

Have a lovely day and a great week.

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Hi Ladies

How is everyone doing on this beautiful morning? 🌞🌞🌞🌞😎😎😎😎

Badboob...how are your rads sessions going? Has your skin turned pink yet? Hope you're doing okay! 🎀🔔

How are you Fiona? When do you start your rads? 😎🎀

Are you okay EllisMum? Have you spied any more hedgehogs? How's you little 🐥? 🎀🌻

Sar_ah... Hope you're well! Have you had anymore info from the Prof? 🎀💪🏼

Have a lovely day Girls x 😎🌞😎🌞😎🌞😎

Community Champion

Good idea Shi, thanks! 👍🤞💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ellie’s mum, sorry to hear about your hedgehog, please keep putting food and water out, it’s unlikely it will have been one on its own, you should get another one visit if you keep putting things out 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Oops 🙈 yes, Aneeebel, a course running over four weekends is unlikely to work, given we all live in different areas. I should have looked into it first!

Hope you’re all having a great weekend! I’m currently watching Eurovision... 😂 🇬🇧 🇦🇺 

Xox

Community Champion

Hello Ladies

Hope you're all feeling well! 🎀🌞

Sar_ah...hopefully the Prof will be able to help you with your bone density! When do you see him?

Thankyou for your kind wishes! 🎀

Badboob...how are you feeling? Are your rads sessions going ok? Is your skin okay?

You're absolutely right...it's a very emotional time...I've nearly cried on several occasions! When you think back about the traumatic times we've all been through...it's no flipping wonder we're emotional! 🎀

What a shame about your hedgehog ElliesMum! 

We go on holiday on the 13th June! Yippee! 😎⛱

How are you getting on? Everyone keeps telling me how well I look...I think they assume you're fighting fit when you look healthy!!! 🎀

How are you Fiona? Are you back at work this week? Has DD definitely dried up? 🎀

Im not sure if the Moving Forward course would work ElliesMum...it's on for 4 weeks but it's a good idea! 

I have to go and see my Physiotherapist this afternoon...I've had such a painful arm for a couple of weeks...only when I stretch it but she said it may be cording! Wants to have a look at it! 

I've been ridiculously tired...I literally can't keep my eyes open! I could do with a couple of matchsticks!! 😂🙄

Hope you all enjoyed your glass of Prosecco...🍸🍾

I drank the whole lot apart from one glass that I gave my hubby! I woke up at 4 am with a swine of a headache!! I would say "That'll teach me" but I know it won't!!! Hahaaaa! 

Stay strong Ladies... Have a lovely day x 💗🌸👙🎀💪🏼

Community Champion

Haha Aneeebel I love that you went to so much effort to capture the moment! 🍾 🥂 Made me laugh out loud too 😂 Hope you have a relaxing few days planned with plenty of naps. When do you head off on your amazing holiday?🍹 

Badboob, I think you mentioning the possibility of an emotional response is very appropriate. We all deal with things in different ways and in our own time. I find it hard to know what to say sometimes, both to those who think I should automatically be “back to normal” now and to those who want to have an in-depth conversation to check I’m really ok. I’m trying to be kind to myself and to give myself time to heal. I’m not very patient at the best of times 🙈 so we’ll see how long that lasts! 🤞 Thanks for mentioning the moving on course, it sounds really helpful. It might not be possible, depending on how they are organised, but could we all arrange to attend a moving on course together? That way we could all meet up in person and also receive support from experts if it’s all a bit overwhelming! (I, for one, will definitely cry as you ladies have been so fabulous and supported me through the hardest months of my life!!!😘) Does anyone know if this would be possible?

Sar_ah, thank you for the kind words! It sounds like you’re doing amazingly well. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having to deal with low bone density on top of all of this other rubbish. Fingers crossed the professor can come up with a treatment plan that works for you! Have you started running again? I remember you mentioned that you were a runner pre-diagnosis. I’m obviously not an expert, so definitely check with your team, but I’ve read that exercise can help to improve bone density. Hopefully it’s able to be managed - and you find some help with the other medication side effects!!! 🤞

I’m so impressed with your continued running, Fiona. Well done! 🏃‍♀️You’ll be in amazing shape for your celebratory holiday!!! I have had to abandon my running plans 😟 The local Parkrun are hosting their first 5k your way movement in a week or so, which is aimed at getting cancer patients moving. It was my goal to “run” (more realistically, jogging/walking) 5k by then. Alas, after two weeks of gentle jogging, my knees have had enough. I’ve had knee issues since I was younger (first knee operation at age 15) and even walking is painful now. I saw my physio and she suggested stopping the running for the moment, as the impact is too much for my knees to handle. I don’t know if it’s a side effect of treatment (I’m still on herceptin) or because I’m carrying an extra 2kg around with me. Oh well. I’ve decided to increase my walking (I love hiking) and to get back to attending regular yoga/Pilates sessions. 👍

Best of luck with your rads today, Badboob. Getting closer to the finish line! Do your start next week, Fiona, or is it the week after?

Have an amazing weekend ladies! Xox 💕💐😘

P.S. Very sadly, our hedgehog died 🦔 It sounds silly, but I was actually a bit upset by it. I’d grown quite attached to seeing him wandering around the garden of an evening. We were regularly leaving food and water out for him, so he kept coming back. I think another animal attacked him. Poor hedgehog 😢

🤣 aneeebel your fantastic that really made me chuckle Smiley Happy))) I hope your enjoying your celebrations, sorry I’m behind (again!) but congratulations on the last rads and getting to ring that bell, it must have been so lovely to have your daughters there as well Smiley Happy now enjoy looking forward to that holiday, somewhere with not much to do sounds like heaven, I’m not surprised you can’t wait Smiley Happy☀️

Fiona hows the running going? It’s so hard to start but getting out there and putting feet on pavement is the hardest bit 💪🏻💪🏻 

Badboob I’m glad to hear that the rads is going well and you’ve got lots of energy Smiley Happy Sorry to heat you’ve been feel a bit down but great you got on one of the courses, I’ve heard that they are really helpful.  Sending lots of hugs.

elliesmum your bloody amazing! Whenever I think about how scared I am about going to back work I think of you Smiley Happy

Also thank you for the advice re alarms on the phone! I write lists on my phone and diary now but an alarm wouldn’t help too Smiley Happy

Thank you for suggesting looking for a thread about the medication, can you believe I hadn’t even thought of that, but it’s the next think I’m going to do Smiley Happy that and low bone density which it appears is also now an issue or so the   consultant tells me🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve been referred to no less than a professor now, for high risk osteoporosis......not sure if that’s a good thing😬 anyway onwards and upwards.

i hope you all have a lovely evening, or what’s left of it and thank you for all being there in the darkest of times and making everything a bit easier.   Love to you xxx 

Community Champion

Well Ladies... I've taken about 25 photos of my glass of prosecco... but they're too big to upload...I have no idea how to reduce the size of the pic so.... 🍸 ⬅️ will have to do... 

Cheers to us all... and to you too Shi...you're such a good friend to every body on the forum... Enjoy... 🥂🍾 😘

Community Champion

Badboob... Thankyou so much...you made me bloody cry too!! 🙄😘

As Fiona quite rightly pointed out, it's not just me...we've all been here for each other... I don't think I've done anything out of the ordinary apart from just be myself and waffle for England (Apologies! 😂😇) but Thankyou 😘💖

And yes, you're right about everyone being excited...I nearly told one of my sister's to take a flaming chill pill last night!! Hahaaa...

I might just open the prosecco!!! 🥂🥂🥂

I have heard about that course...I may look into it! 

I've just nearly roasted my socks off sitting under the parasol at my lottie...giving my orders out, oh, I mean supervising... 😂

Hope you're all well Ladies... have a lovely day x 🌞🌞🌞🌞⛱⛱⛱⛱

Community Champion

Badboob, that's the first time you've made me cry, I just want to hug you better 🤗 Aneeebel is not the only one who has been a tower of strength to us all, you have too 💪. Hopefully we've all been there for each other 👭

I've thought about that Moving Forward course too but I don't think the dates are convenient for me, certainly not the July sessions. I think I felt a bit lost after surgery but am rediscovering myself at the moment. Of course, it may all change during rads but I'll deal with that then.

Just a few more days Badboob and you'll be ringing that bell too 🔔🔔

When we all eventually meet up it's going to be an emotional time I think 🤗😁👭🎀

Take care ladies and have a brilliant day 😚

💜Fiona xxx 

Oh Aneeebel, congratulations 🥂🍾👏👏👏 All over now and a lovely holiday to look forward, your Hubby is so right ( but don’t tell him that 😉) All you need now is to get better. 😘.

You have been such a towering strength to everyone, even though you’ve been though such a terrible time yourself.   I am sure your family are all thrilled that you are now at the end of this horrid journey. However, I do know exactly what you mean about it feeling strange. The Maggies centre here warned me that emotionally this was a difficult part and to be prepared for a massive down after active treatment ends. They recommended a course they and Breast Cancer Now run called Moving On, I have my name down for it as I am feeling rather empty inside already, everyone around me are so excited that “it’s all over” but somehow that just doesn’t feel right! At my review meeting yesterday, the oncologist wanted me that now I must find my new normal......

Enough of this down stuff. Today we celebrate 😁🍾👏! Get that bottle open and we can all share a glass to toast you.😘🥂🥂🥂🥂

Hugs😘😘

Community Champion

Thank you Ladies... yes, I rang the bell!! Very loudly!! I actually got a tear in my eye... 

As did my daughters...

when I got home my friend had been and left me a bottle of prosecco and a lovely card...which was very kind of her! 🍾

It actually feels a bit strange..but good obviously that chemo/surgery/rads have finished...as my hubby said "I just need to get well now!"

Thankyou for thinking about me, hope you're all well x 🎀💖😘🎉🥂

Community Champion

I hope you rang that bell as loud as possible Aneeebel 😁🔔🔔🔔  I'm so pleased for you and how lovely your daughters were there with you. Onto the next chapter of your life now 😁👙🕶🍾🍾

💜Fiona xxx 

@Aneeebel wrote:

Morning Ladies... Another glorious day! 🎀🌞

So pleased you're doing well Sar_ah! Hope you enjoyed the gymnastics! 

I too, have zero memory...my daughters said I was bad enough before chemo/treatment but it's certainly gone ridiculously bad! Ha! Like ElliesMum, I have to put everything in my phone, but not because I'm organised...it's so I don't forget! 🙄🤗

Fiona...wonderful news about DD! I bet you thought it would never heal! 

My arm pit is still completely numb, but the painful skin on my batwing is finally easing off a bit! 💪🏼

Im sure you enjoyed your trips to the pub much better than watching your hubby build a pond! Get his wellies out at the w/end...he can do it then!! 👢🐟😂

We go to Kos in Greece...a little laid back resort called Kefalos! Not a great deal to do there except eat, drink and relax... We've been about 14 times now! 🌞👙I can't bloody wait...

Not long until your rads start... 🎀

Badboob...fab news your skin is holding out! I'm not too far from the hospital...takes about 10 minutes max and that's if there's traffic! 🚙🚗

I know what you mean about the beard...I'll have to find my epilator! 😳😂

ElliesMum... Good news work is going well! I'm sure you'll be fine next week! 💪🏼

My feet and legs have improved since I went back onto the Accord brand of Letrozole... (I actually could have cried they were so painful on one of the other brands!) I was in an independent chemist in town last week so I asked if they could get that brand as my local pharmacist was as helpful as a chocolate fire guard, he said if I take my prescription in he will be able to order it...just needs a couple of days notice! So that's good! 

🔔🔔🔔🎉🎉🎉 Yes.... Today is my last day of rads!!! 🎉🎉🎉🔔🔔🔔

My 2 daughters are coming with me so they can see me ringing the bell!! 🔔

My skin has been fine apart from being a bit tender in places...I've been using Diprobase to moisturise it twice a day plus my cow cream when I get back from rads -it seems to take the redness away very quickly!  The radiographer confirmed it was okay to use the cow cream as it has natural ingredients in it but to keep using Diprobase as the rads continue to work and my 'skin will have a peak reaction ' up to a fortnight after my last session! I had a review yesterday (which was meant to be with my Onc but she was way behind with her appts!) and the senior radiographer who was helping said my skin is looking good so hopefully it will be fine! 

I did ask if "I was cured or in remission" after all my treatment...she said "That no consultant would ever say I was cured as they have no idea if the cancer will ever come back or not"... 🎀💗

So Ladies... I'M in remission.... WE'RE in remission.... whoop! whoop!  

We're on our way up...well, once 'we' get your rads done 💜Fiona...🎀💪🏼

Thanks for always being here and listen to me waffle!! 😘💗🎀🌸 x

Have a lovely day x 🌞🌻

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🛎🛎🛎🛎🎀🎀🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁😁anneebel 😁😁😁whoopp whooop I hope you get out for a nice bit of food to 🍾🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Yay Aneeebel, so pleased your daughters could join you in ringing that bell! Woohoo! 🥳 🔔😘💕🍾💐

Community Champion

Morning Ladies... Another glorious day! 🎀🌞

So pleased you're doing well Sar_ah! Hope you enjoyed the gymnastics! 

I too, have zero memory...my daughters said I was bad enough before chemo/treatment but it's certainly gone ridiculously bad! Ha! Like ElliesMum, I have to put everything in my phone, but not because I'm organised...it's so I don't forget! 🙄🤗

Fiona...wonderful news about DD! I bet you thought it would never heal! 

My arm pit is still completely numb, but the painful skin on my batwing is finally easing off a bit! 💪🏼

Im sure you enjoyed your trips to the pub much better than watching your hubby build a pond! Get his wellies out at the w/end...he can do it then!! 👢🐟😂

We go to Kos in Greece...a little laid back resort called Kefalos! Not a great deal to do there except eat, drink and relax... We've been about 14 times now! 🌞👙I can't bloody wait...

Not long until your rads start... 🎀

Badboob...fab news your skin is holding out! I'm not too far from the hospital...takes about 10 minutes max and that's if there's traffic! 🚙🚗

I know what you mean about the beard...I'll have to find my epilator! 😳😂

ElliesMum... Good news work is going well! I'm sure you'll be fine next week! 💪🏼

My feet and legs have improved since I went back onto the Accord brand of Letrozole... (I actually could have cried they were so painful on one of the other brands!) I was in an independent chemist in town last week so I asked if they could get that brand as my local pharmacist was as helpful as a chocolate fire guard, he said if I take my prescription in he will be able to order it...just needs a couple of days notice! So that's good! 

🔔🔔🔔🎉🎉🎉 Yes.... Today is my last day of rads!!! 🎉🎉🎉🔔🔔🔔

My 2 daughters are coming with me so they can see me ringing the bell!! 🔔

My skin has been fine apart from being a bit tender in places...I've been using Diprobase to moisturise it twice a day plus my cow cream when I get back from rads -it seems to take the redness away very quickly!  The radiographer confirmed it was okay to use the cow cream as it has natural ingredients in it but to keep using Diprobase as the rads continue to work and my 'skin will have a peak reaction ' up to a fortnight after my last session! I had a review yesterday (which was meant to be with my Onc but she was way behind with her appts!) and the senior radiographer who was helping said my skin is looking good so hopefully it will be fine! 

I did ask if "I was cured or in remission" after all my treatment...she said "That no consultant would ever say I was cured as they have no idea if the cancer will ever come back or not"... 🎀💗

So Ladies... I'M in remission.... WE'RE in remission.... whoop! whoop!  

We're on our way up...well, once 'we' get your rads done 💜Fiona...🎀💪🏼

Thanks for always being here and listen to me waffle!! 😘💗🎀🌸 x

Have a lovely day x 🌞🌻

Community Champion

So glad to hear that you’re doing well, Badboob. Over half way now! 👍

Yay Aneeebel, you’ve made it to the end! 🥳🤗 💐 🎊 🍾  I hope the final session goes well. I’ll be thinking of you! Fingers crossed you manage to get lots of rest in preparation for celebrating in style on your holiday! ☀️ Xox 😘💕

Evening lovely ladies, lovely to catch up with all your news.

No apologies Sarah, just nice to hear that you are doing well. I’m about the start Letrozole, in fact I picked up my first prescription today! So can’t really help, but I am sure there’s a thread on here somewhere to help you.

Best wishes for tomorrow Aneeebel. I bet you can quite believe you’ve got to the end! I hope your skin has held up and you are not too tired. I do hope you’ve got a little celebration planned, even if it’s just a trip to you Lottie with a bottle of something 🥂🍾

My Rads are going really well! 8 down 7 to go. I have a review tomorrow, I have no skin issues and I am full of beans🤣 I just find it a bit of a drag to have to make the daily journey, but like chemo I find it very sobering how many folk are there being treated and how poorly some are...........I had to wait nearly a hour today as the lady in front of me, having her first treatment had a panic attack! Poor thing.

I am sure my break away has done me a power of good so Aneeebel and Fiona, you too will soon be off on your jolly hols for a well deserved break.🏖👙👒🌞.

So glad your trip to Brighton went well Elliesmum and your life is reverting to your new normal.

i had to shave my legs this week! What a result! Oh and don’t get me started on facial hair!  at this rate I can exhibit myself as the bearded lady.😂. My target is to go to my sisters big birthday party in July without my wig on......we shall see 😉

Hugs

Community Champion

ElliesMum, I wish I was running like a pro 🏃‍♀️ I have made it to week 2 of c25k, just one more to do tomorrow or Wednesday of week 2. It feels difficult though as my hips ache. I feel like a 90 year old trying to get up most of the time. But at least I'm trying to do it.  And yes, I'm ready for rads to start, but as with most things I seem to be the last to do things 😉 I'll get there eventually. 

It's interesting to hear you're still suffering with some numbness after 8 months. Some days I think mine is ok but then the next there's no feeling 🤔  As for shaving, I'd had some areas lasered previously so I didn't have hair there anyway, and it's not come back there or bikini line or lower legs 😁 Bloomin' top lip and chin have though 😠

Enjoy your evening 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Sorry Fiona - just spotted your message! My visit to Brighton went really well, thanks. Trains all ran on time. My laptop decided to cease working on the train home... very relieved it didn’t die before my talk!!! The fabulous IT team in the Department are attempting to resurrect it for me now. 🤞🤞🤞

Going for walks and drinks sounds much more fun than digging a pond! Time well spent, in my opinion 😂👍 Excellent news about DD too. Also, I still have some numbness 8 months after surgery, so it may be that we don’t get all of the sensation back? Have to be careful shaving now! 🤦‍♀️ Xox

Community Champion

I agree, Aneeebel. The last few days have been glorious! Loving the sunshine!!! ☀️ 🌳🌺🌻🌱💕

So glad to hear that you’re doing well, Sar_ah, short-term memory issues aside. I too have my forgetful moments, but I had these before treatment anyway so I suspect I can’t really blame chemo this time! 😂🙈 I’ve always been a list maker (both physical lists and lists on my phone). I also set alarms to remind me about meetings and deadlines. So I appear to be super organised to those who don’t know my methods. Usually works well for me 👍

Speaking of work, it’s going pretty well thanks. I’m still going home earlier than I would have pre-treatment, not otherwise feel like I’m doing ok. We’ll see how I manage adding teaching back to the mix next term! 😬

Sar_ah, I’m afraid I am ER- so I’m not on any hormone treatments. Maybe ask on the hormone treatment section of the forum (if the other fabulous October18 ladies don’t have any advice to offer).

Are things ok with you, Fiona? Ready for your rads to start shortly? I bet you’re running around like a pro by now! 🏃‍♀️ How are you getting on, Badboob? Feeling ok? Getting near the finish line now!

I’m super pleased that you’re almost finished too, Aneeebel. Yay!!! 🤗 I hope your feet are feeling ok and that you’re able to enjoy being in your lottie in this wonderful weather!

Have a lovely evening ladies! Xox 😘

Community Champion

Sar_ah, lovely to hear from you and no need to apologise 😁 Its good to hear you're getting on with life 👍🏻 I hope you've had a good afternoon in the sun 😎 (don't forget to be sun safe 👒🕶).

Aneeebel, thank you for asking. Good news, DD has definitely done a disappearing act and the wound is healing nicely if a little slowly. How about you? My armpit is still a bit numb (its such a strange feeling trying to wash an area where theres little sense) and the underarm is still a bit tight too. I guess if I did my exercises it would help 🤔😉

The pond is not progressing as quickly as I'd like 😕 hubby kept taking me out for walks and drinks last week.  His excuse was that it was too wet  to dig 🌦

How are rads going, Badboob and Aneeebel? How many have you each got left? Aneeebel, I think you may have 1 or 2 left if my memory serves me correct? Do you get to ring a bell? 

ElliesMum, how was Brighton? I hope you coped with the travelling 🚅

When do you go to Greece, Aneeebel? I bet you can't wait 😎👙👒 You've certainly earned a good holiday after all you've been through 🤗

Have a lovely evening ladies and enjoy this gorgeous sunshine 🌞🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Morning ladies, 

Again I’m slow on the replying 🤦🏼‍♀️ But at least I’m getting to it now Smiley Happy thought I’d do something useful while watching my little one at gymnastics! Mind you I say watching the view is mainly pillars, people and poles! She’s told me this morning that she can’t find me to wave anymore because my headscarf has gone, hehe it appears that they do have their advantages Smiley Wink

I hope you are all well,  I can’t believe how quick this has all suddenly gone! I’m sorry I’ve just sat and read all your messages but I can’t remember who said what!! I’m having terrible trouble with my short term memory since everything has finished, I should have written notes but then I would have had to remember a pen! 

I hope that the last few days of rads goes well for you both ladies!! How have you found it? 

Ellie’s mum how is live post rads? (I know it’s been a while since you finished) 

Glad to hear that everyone is starting to get their hair back Smiley Happy mines come back the exact same colour as my husband 🤣🤣

is anyone taking Exemestane? I’ve been taking it for five weeks with injections once a month and be interested to hear your experiences?

Its so lovely here today, looking forward to an afternoon playing in the garden Smiley Happy hope your all having lovely weather and more importantly getting to enjoy it!!

Community Champion

Hello Ladies 🎀

Hope you're all well on this glorious, sunny morning! 🌞

Badboob...how are you feeling? Is your skin ok? 👙

ElliesMum...are you okay? Hope you're not too tired with working? 😴

Fiona...has DD finally stopped dripping? Hope you're well! 🎀

Sar_ah...how's things? 🌻

Have a lovely day Girls x 🎀👙🌷

Community Champion

Hi ElliesMum...yes, I've been fine thanks holding position for my rads! My skin is more or less okay although, I do have a couple of tender spots! I'm keeping a very close eye on it and keep moisturising ..👙 Keep everything crossed it holds out!! 🤞🏻💪🏻

I'm sure we'll have an ouzo or 2 to celebrate when we go to Greece!! 🍸🍷😎

Have a good day Girls x 💕🏵🌸🎀 

Community Champion

Yay Aneeebel, someone managed to extract blood successfully! 💉👍 Also fabulous that you only have 3 rads sessions to go. Woohoo! 🥳 Have you been able to hold the position ok when in the machine? Any problems with burns/skin breakdown? It must be exciting to be so close to the end. Hopefully you have something exciting planned to celebrate. Enjoy your drinks tonight!!! 🍺 

I’m sure you look far too young to have a 15 year old grandson, especially with your super-edgy hair style! Snakes are not my cup of tea at all 🙈🐍 I hope your grandson likes it though!

Sorry to hear that your car needs more attention, Fiona. 🚙 How frustrating for you! Fingers crossed it’s finally back with you soon. You’ve had a bad run of side effects lately, with toenails and DD! My naughty breast was in my right hand side, so I didn’t have to do the breath-holding exercises. I imagine that adds another layer of complexity to things. You’ll be super fit by the time rads starts with all of your running and healthy eating, so I’m sure you’ll be fine. 🤗 Enjoy the final day of your week off tomorrow!

My hair is coming back nicely too. I think it’s even thicker than it was before chemo, albeit still a bit “fluffy”. Can’t wait for it to grow longer, though!💁‍♀️

How are your holding up with rads, Badboob? How many more do you have to go? It sounds like your hospital is full of super friendly people, as well as being very posh with the cod liver oil 😂😘

Have a fabulous Friday, Sar_ah! Have you found life has started to go back to normal? Hope all is well with you.

xox 💕🌷😘

Community Champion

Fiona...good news your car is nearly home! 🚘 Did your hubby build the pond? 🐠

My hair is growing but very dark compared to what it was before chemo...and it seems a bit fluffy! I wonder if the 2nd half of your chemo drugs didn't affect your hair...that's why it's grown so much! I actually quite like having short hair, although it wasn't exactly long before...maybe a bit longer than a no.1 but it's easier than faffing with hair dryer!!

Hooe your finger nails aren't painful...sounds horrid! I didn't have any trouble with my finger nails really...they just went a funny texture briefly but it's cleared up!

Yep...I only have 3 more rads...ive already been today, all my others have been tea time or later... and the blood clinic even managed to get blood! Result!!! 💉💉💉

I might even go for a couple of drinks... 🍻🍻🍻

🎀💕👙

Community Champion

Sar_ah, it's lovely to hear from you and I hope you're ok and getting on with life 🤗

You're right Aneeebel, it's great to have a start date fixed which also means I know when the end date is and at least there's very little uncertainty with rads, compared to chemo which was always dependent upon bloods etc 😉👍🏻 I feel like I can get my life back and start planning things now 😁

I've finally managed to get my Jag back from the garage with its new grey patches on where it's had the welding work done. Now it's back at work where one of our guys is going to respray it 🚘🖌 Will I ever get my baby back? 😣

We're having a lovely relaxing week off just pottering at home. I could get used to this 😉

3 more to go then Aneeebel after today? I bet you can't wait 😍

How's the hair growth? Mine is thickening up nicely and growing quite quickly. The curls are returning too 😣

My fingernails are splitting halfway down and I've lost toenail no 4 😣 oh the joys of chemo!

Have a great day ladies 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Morning Ladies 🎀

Fiona...I watched that programme...it made me cry too! There was one on the night before about testicular and prostate cancer which was really good! 

I'm pretty sure it's the Letrozole making my bones ache... I said to my hubby I need one of those chairs where you press a button and it stands you up!! He said I'd probably launch myself into the fireplace!! Hahaaaa 🤕

I bet you're pleased you've finally got a start date for your rads! 😎🔥

How lovely that your hedgehog is still around ElliesMum...

Fab news that your evening went well! Good luck today! 

Your little 🐥 won't want to go in her buggy at all soon! You'll be chasing after her everywhere! 👧🏻

Our grandson is 15 next week! I'm not old enough to have a 15 yo grandson!!! Surely!!! He's got a snake as part of his birthday pressie...I've told him never to ask me to look after it!! 🐍😂

Badboob...how's your skin? How are you feeling? How are you getting on with the Letrozole?

My feet feel a tad better today...I managed to find a chemist who had the Accord brand in stock , that I was on originally (it was when I changed brands that my feet/bones went painful!) so I requested a new prescription and have been taking those for 3 days! I'm assuming it must be that...nothing else has changed, and like the chemo nurse said...she doesn't think it's Herceptin as I've been having it since October and never had any problems before! (I never thought of that when I was twittering on about the possibility of it causing my bone ache!! 😂😂)  🎀

Sar_ah...lovely to hear from you! Hope you're well! 🎀

Rads no.12 today for me!! It's gone so quickly... Plus another attempt (no.9!!) to get bloods!! If you hear a screech it'll be yours truly!! I wonder if I could have some magic cream!!! 🤕🙄😂

Have a good day Girls x 🎀💗🌸👙

Community Champion

Hi Sar_ah, as Badboob says it’s lovely to hear from you! Hope you’re feeling really well. 🤗💕😘 xox

Lovely to hear from you Sar_ah, I hope all goes well with you. No need to feel embarrassed about anything, just pleased you are still around. 😘🤗.

Hugs

Evening ladies!! 

I’m so so sorry it’s been such a long time since I’ve replied, I have been dipping in and out and reading just by keeping up too well I am embarrassed to say!  I’ve been feeling guilty every time the notifications come up 🤦🏼‍♀️

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I will catch up on what you’ve all done doing and reply properly! 

I hope you are all well and getting though treatment as best as we can.

love to you all xxxx 

Community Champion

Badboob, the hedgehog is still around! 🦔 It paces around the garden at dusk. We’ve put out some food and water for him, so I think he has decided to stay with us for a little while 🤗. He managed to get stuck twice, falling down an embankment of sloping grass onto a grate (beside our basement-level utility room window). The grass is angled very steeply and we had to lift him out. My husband made a little ramp for him out of a plank of wood, so he can climb out of it happens again. 😂

Excellent to heat that you had an enjoyable time in Bath, Badboob. Great news too, Fiona, that you have confirmation that rads will finish before your trip! Yay!

Really excellent work on your running and fitness push, Fiona! 👏 So impressive! I had been continuing with my gentle re-introduction to running, and attempting to eat more healthily, but I have not lost any weight whatsoever. 🤷‍♀️ I was weighed again today prior to herceptin #6 which confirmed that, alas, it’s not my scales that are out. 🙈😂 I will persevere anyway, as I’m starting to feel a bit fitter. Hopefully the few kg I want to shift will start to come off over the next few weeks.

Great to hear that your radiotherapy treatment is proceeding without too many issues, Aneeebel and Badboob. 👍 Not such good news about the pains in your feet, Aneeebel. I hope your oncologist can provide some possible explanations - and also suggest ways of easing the pain. Your veins sound very tricky to deal with! I hope the necessary blood can be extracted soon. 🤞💉

Thanks for asking about me and 🐥. We are both doing really well! 🐥 is chattering away, learning new words all the time and becoming increasingly independent. She insists on walking to nursery now, instead of being pushed in the buggy, but her little legs get so tired by the end that I sometimes have to carry her the last 20m or so. She’ll be running the whole way in no time though! 🏃‍♀️ My headaches are much better. Still the odd twinge here and there, but so much better than they were. 👍 I also managed to stay awake for my dinner, and avoided embarrassing myself when speaking to my colleague. Very pleased with that outcome!

I’ve got a very early train to Brighton in the morning (I’m giving a lecture at the University of Sussex), so I’m heading off to bed now. Goodnight and hugs to you all. Xox 💕😘🌷

Community Champion

Afternoon Ladies

I hope you're all well? 

ElliesMum, no falling asleep in the soup last night? And how's little 🐥 doing? I've not managed to do any running this week yet but have done a fair bit of walking which is just as good.

I'm pleased to hear your rads are going well Badboob. You'll soon be halfway 👍🏻 

And Aneeebel, you're on the countdown now 😁. How are your feet today? I can well believe it's your letrozole. My joints ache quite a bit and I'm convinced it's since I started on the bisphosophonate. I feel like a 90 year old trying to get up out of bed or a chair. I think I need a launch pad sometimes 🚀

So I had my planning scan, all okay and not too much faffing 👍🏻 3 tattoos in a line. I don't think the team were up for a laugh about tattoos so I keep quiet 😉. I start on 30 May which means I'll be done about 10 days before Gran Canaria holiday 😉👙 This means I can focus on getting slimmer and fitter before rads start so that I can try and combat any tiredness I may suffer from 😴.  

Did anyone watch that programme last night, the All New Full Monty? I didn't realise what it was about and we missed the start of it but what a great thing to do. And I didn't know Martina Navratilova had had bc 😲. I kept shedding a tear or two, as did hubby. And some young woman was doing it for her mum who has secondary bc and looked amazing in a headscarf. I wish I'd known how she did it. I looked like Rosie Lee Gypsy! 

I've donated most of my headwear to Macmillan at Derby hospital. Chesterfield Macmillan Centre got back to me yesterday and said there's somewhere in the town I could donate them too. So if you do have an excess you want to donate just ask your local Macmillan Centre 😁👍🏻. I've kept my posh wig as I'm not sure I'm ready to shed that side of things just yet, I feel I still need that safety net.  I should get rid of it really as my hair has come back a completely different colour to the wig  😲😁 

Have a lovely evening all 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Good news that you're doing okay with your rads Badboob... and it's nice that you get to have a chat with people whilst you're waiting! Most of my appointments are tea-time or later so not a lot of other patients around!

I was wondering if it was the Letrozole causing the problems with the bones in my feet..Ive seriously felt like crying a couple of times as they were so painful! 👞👟👡👢👠

I have an appt with my Oncologist next week...I'll see what she says!

💕🏵🌸

Morning everyone,

I’ll be thinking of you today Fiona with your planning meeting. It’s a doddle after what we’ve been though, even the tattooing ☠️😂! I bet you will be pleased to start the next phase. Oh and well done on the weight loss, excellent. 👏. 

How exciting about your Hedgehog, Elliesmum, they are so rare now. I haven’t seen one for years. At least you won’t have any slugs.......oh and they do love a tin of dog food! Hope it sticks around. Our latest wildlife encounter was a mouse in our bedroom.....😱🐭 being very rural we do get to share our home with a wide variety of creatures, but our uninvited guest was taking the p**s so it had to go......

Gosh Aneeebel your rads will be finished soon! Sounds like you are doing ok. Sorry about your neuropathy in your feet. Could it be the dreaded Letrozole? How are you getting on with it.  My finger tips and big toes are still numb, my iPad still doesn’t recognise my fingerprints and I can only think it is the docetaxel! But I will talk to the oncologist when I see him next week. 

I am am doing fine thank you, I am getting to know the other patients around my appointments, we had quite a chat yesterday😉. 

Bath was as lovely as ever. I worked there for many years and we still support the rugby team so we are frequent visitors, but it was lovely to catch up with old friends and enjoy a weekend full of fun and laughter. ❤️❤️.

Hugs 

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 🎀💗

How are you all doing? 🤔

💜Fiona... just wanted to wish you well for your planning appointment...I'm sure you'll be fine and then at least you can get started on your rads! 💪🏻👙💜

Just remember...no scratching your eyebrow once you're lined up or you'll be in trouble...😋😂👙

Hope your rads are going well Badboob! 💪🏻🔥🌞😎

How's your head ElliesMum?🎀

I mentioned my painful feet to the chemo nurse when she came to do my herceptin injection but she said that she'd been told that painful joints had nothing to do with herceptin! 💉 She did say I might have a bit of neuropathy in my feet...Ive got to keep my eye on them!!! 👠👢👡

The nurse also tried to get my bloods...my veins were having none of it! I have to try the main bloods clinic at the hospital...

My veins are tiny apparently! (Must be the only that is! 😂🤣) 💉💉💉💉

Have a good day Girls x 🎀💕🏵🌸