cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2018 Chemo starters

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: October 2018 Chemo starters

ElliesMum, get some water out in the garden and a bit of dog or cat food, not fish ones, they don’t like that, chicken, beef, duck, you can get some hedgehog mix and put a little hedgehog house in your garden too, make it your little one project, if they are about you can encourage them more 👍👍❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Thank you Aneeebel, we will do. We're hoping to leave about 6 tomorrow morning to be at my parents for about 10 and then an Easter egg hunt with our 3 nieces 🥚🐰🥚🐰

No hedgehogs in our garden elliesmum but there is a frog that hubby keeps putting in the bird bath 🤣

Badboob, I hope the weather is as good in Menorca as it is back here, 22 degrees in Matlock 😎🌞

Sar_ah, hope you're well?

Happy Easter to you all 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx 

Community Champion

Have a fab time in Scotland Fiona..hopefully the weather will stay nice! 🐰🎀

How exciting that you have a hedgehog ElliesMum, although they're not meant to be out during the day!!! Have a good w/e 🐰🎀

Badboob...no need to ask if you're having fun! Hope yr well! 🌞🎀

Sar_ah...hope feeling good now your rads have finished! 🐰🌻

Have a lovely Easter 🐰🐣🌻 x

🎀🐰🐣🌞

Community Champion

Breaking news... we have a hedgehog 🦔 in the garden!!! I’ve never seen one in the wild before. 🙈 So excited! Luckily he was too quick for my little duckling and ran away when she went to “investigate”! 😂

Have a wonderful Easter ladies. Xox 🐰🥕🍫😘

Community Champion

Afternoon Ladies

I hope you're all well and enjoying this glorious sunshine (and not getting sunburn) 🌞. Isnt it absolutely gorgeous 😎

ElliesMum, I'd suggest a central location to start with. That way, it's hopefully not a million miles away for everybody. And if we met up at Aneeebel's lottie id be eating all her fruit and veg 😲🍓🍇🥕🌽 You've got my email address hopefully? I agree, I'd rather meet up with you all in person 🤣

We're off to Scotland tomorrow morning so have a fantastic Easter, ladies 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 

ElliesMum, of course you didn't upset me by suggesting my lottie for your meet-up... I assumed you were joking!!! 😂🐦🍅🍐🍏🍓

Thanks for your support..🌻

Hope you're all well, have a fab weekend x 🤗😎🌞🐣🐰

Community Champion

Aneeebel, I can only reiterate what Badboob and Shi have said. You are always lovely! If you - or any of us - did ever feel the need to complain about the rubbish that accompanies treatment, then surely this is the perfect place to do so! 🤗💕 I’m so sorry if I upset you by suggesting your lottie as a possible meeting location. I was only joking! I promise we won’t scare off your blue tits or trample on your veggies! 🐦 🌽 🥕

Given that we all live in very different parts of the U.K., would you all want to travel to a central location? (Although this runs the risk of being inconvenient for everyone!) An alternative might be to arrange a time where we have a group video call. No travel involved, so should be easier to arrange, but it’s not quite the same as being able to thank you all in person for being so amazing and supportive. Happy to try and organise whatever the majority would prefer to do (doing nothing is also a valid choice)!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Wasn’t the weather divine today!!! ☀️ 🌳 🌷😘 xox

Community Champion

Thanks for the suggestion to look on Macmillan Badboob and Thanks to you and Shi for your concern... I'll be o'reet! 😘🎀🙄

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Anneebel 😘😘you were not whingeing lovely and anyway if you were it’s perfectly fine, these threads are where you can let it all out and everyone understands or can give a much needed ear and 👭👭ooh lovely Menorca, so glad you are having great time 😁🌞😁🌞😁🌞everyone flits between threads and helps each other that’s the Beauty of the bccf ❤️👭❤️👭❤️Love, kindness, care, 😁, 🕺💃🏻🕺💃🏻, 😳🤪🤬🤷‍♀️💩💪😘✨✨💕💕Shi xx

Morning everyone from a warm and windy Menorca! We are having a lovely time and thank you all for your good wishes. ❤️🥰

Gosh you have all been busy posting, haven’t you.

Thank you as always Shi for popping in and helping us all. 💪👍 you are so busy flitting around theses threads like our fairy godmother✨🧚‍♀️❤️❤️

First of all. Aneeebel! Please do not feel that you can’t let it all out here! That’s exactly what we are here for, good and especially bad........ I am so sorry you are struggling, you are such a wonderful support to us with our gripes and groans, so I am sending you a great big hug to try and cheer you up. 🤗🤗🥰On a positive note, have you seem the thread on here or The Macmillan site regarding Letrozole they contains some great advice and tips to getting the brand that suits you, without the very unhelpful comments from your Drs😤. I do hope you can get this sorted as it’s depressing to say the least without all the other nonsense you have had to endure. 

Thank goodness Ellismum that your brain scan was ok! Phew! 🤯 The only thing I can think of that your BCN meant by her comment is that us HER2 + ladies are more at risk of its spreading, hence Herceptin and in Aneeebel and my case neo adjunctive chemo. At my first meeting with my oncologist he greeted me with the words.....I like HER2+ Ladies, we used to lose people like you a few years ago but now with Herceptin, we don’t! He then went on to show me how my tumour had attached itself to a blood vessel and was in his words dropping cancer cells into my blood stream.  😳☹️🤭😱😱It’s a good thing I am not of a nervous disposition or I think I would have run for the hills....

So hopefully that all she meant, but you have had a basin full as well. We are pleased you ended up with us in October even if you had to have such a horrid time to get there.

Fiona, I am sure that in the end you will be glad you could have your Radiotherapy closer to home even if it means a little delay. It will also mean that DD will have finally packed her bags for good. My fingers nails are still disgusting but bizarrely my toenails are fine! 🤔. On the hair front I am a bit like Sinad O’Connar but without the talent! My eye brow are more in the Dennis Healy camp, if you can remember him🤣😂. But my eyelashes are coming on a treat! 

Great idea about a meet up! 👍 Let me know who I should pm with my email / WhatsApp details. 

Hugs to all, and don’t eat too many Easter eggs! 😉😘😘

Community Champion

Ladies.... I'm sure you'll have fun somewhere more exciting than my lottie! 

🍋🍊🍐🍎🍏🍒🌶🌽

Have a lovely w/e 🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰 x

(Ps I've edited my prev post... I'm pretty sure you have better things to do than listen to me waffling/whinging! Apologies!! 🙄🙄)

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

ElliesMum, yes do arrange your meet up either with pms on here, or emails or WhatsApp group, don’t give any personal info out on here it’s open to the world. 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

This talk of email addresses has reminded me: now that we’ve all finished chemo and surgery, we should arrange to meet up to properly celebrate! I vote again for Aneeebel’s lottie 😂👍 If you are all happy for me to know your email addresses, I could put us in touch via email so that we can make arrangements. It might be a bit more secure to do it that way rather than on this (public) forum! 💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks 👍👍 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Thanks Shi! I’ve sent you my email address. Happy for Fiona to know it too. Xox 😘

Community Champion

Absolutely Shi, no problem at all with any of the Oct ladies knowing my email address. No point doing it twice.

💜Fiona xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

ElliesMum please pm me your email address, I’m happy to forward to you, Fi, please let me know if I can copy you both on same email to save me sending twice. Thanks 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi, sent you pm. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

No can’t do the link, sorry x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi, please speak to Macmillan about moving forward course, it might help. Also when you are derby pop to Macmillan and see if the 4 free sessions with Eaac spirit and soul equine therapy is still available. Lady who runs it is a tnbc survivor herself and it’s wonderfully healing, helpful, empowering in a non clinical environment. There are plenty of tnbc survivors out there, Shannon Doherty (USA actress) Patricia prijatel, robin roberts, Joan lunden. I’ll have a go at putting link in, but I’m useless at it so it probably won’t work. Ellie’s mum great news 👍👍anneebel, that’s pants, tell them the others don’t suit you and that one is best for you, than go and plant some sweet peas on the Lottie so you can enjoy their beautiful flowers and scent soon 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Everyone 🎀💗

Have a fabulous 2nd Honeymoon Badboob...and Happy Anniversary to you both 👰🏼🎩💋💗

I was okay on the Letrozole for the first 4 weeks...then the pharmacy gave me a different brand and now I've developed very achy bones

ElliesMum...fab news that you didn't have to wait for the results from your CT, I'm so pleased everything was clear! 😘 Please let us know what your oncologists says about being 'High risk of recurrence/mets'...that's something else for you to worry about!!! I've never heard that either! 

Have a lovely w/e with your in-laws! Your little 🐥 will have fun! 

I checked with the physiotherapist about 'getting my shoulder moving'...she said the only exercises I should be doing are the ones I'm already doing and she was pleased with my movement! Still no heavy lifting for another few weeks. She couldn't massage my wound as it still hasn't healed sufficiently.

Fiona...Good news that DD is down to a bubble... 💪🏼🎀 I'm sure you do feel like rads is taking forever, although, like the others have said at least your body will have healed

I got my prosthesis today...it even feels like a boob 👙

Hope you're well Sar_ah 💗🎀

My hair is growing ElliesMum...not quite long enough for a pony tail but it's definitely coming back

Fiona...I don't know anyone who would make use of the scarves unfortunately  

Have a lovely evening Girls x 👙💗🎀🌸

Community Champion

Thanks Fiona! 😘💕😘

Regarding the herceptin, it’s 18 doses in total, supposedly every 3 weeks. Aneeebel had it throughout her chemo but I only had it alongside the T part of chemo (and have had two cycles delayed since finishing as I was unwell). I’m one toenail down but otherwise ok. 🤞 Please do report back on how well the nail product you purchased works! Not sure how good summer footwear will look with missing nails... 🙈

Excellent news on the hair front. Woohoo! 👍How is your coming along, Aneeebel, Badboob and Sarah? I have tiny little eyelashes coming through too, which is very exciting! 🤗 I don’t know the answer to your chemo headwear question, but I would be very interested if others have a suggestion. I too have lots of scarves and hats I could pass on to someone starting their chemo (as opposed to donating them to a charity shop, which was my default plan). What a lovely idea! 💕💐😊

Community Champion

Here's a question for you Ladies. Does anyone know if there's a recycling scheme for scarves and headwear at all? I've found a company who accept wigs and then sell them cheap so I've donated 1 wig already. I've got stacks of headscarves I'm never going to wear (hubby thinks I look like a fortune teller😲) and would rather someone in the same position benefited instead of sending them to a charity shop. I'll speak to Macmillan and see if they know but just wondered if any of you knew of some sort of scheme. 

They're taking up space and I don't really need them now 😉👵

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

What a relief ElliesMum, that the news was good. I'm so relieved to hear it that it made me cry 🤗 so heaven only knows how you must feel. I've found my eyesight seems to be worse since chemo but I'm trying to convince myself it's just my age 😉. I'm fed up of chemo ruining everything so thought of another excuse instead 😉

And thank you Shi and ElliesMum, I know you're right, my body needs time to repair itself after all this leakage, but I just want it over and done with. Half of this delay isn't my body, it's because I chose to go to a different hospital so transferring oncologist etc etc. 

Why do they think you're at a high risk of recurrence/Mets? I think you ought to put a call in to your oncologist. What an awful thing to say to you with no qualification as to why. My surgeon said the risk of recurrence is greater in the first 2 years and then gradually lessens. I suppose now though the risk is higher because we've already had it? How many Herceptin injections do you have to have?

When do we become cancer survivors rather than patients? I feel there's always going to be that cloud hanging over me, that fear of it returning. I'm interested in reading that article Shi, perhaps you could put a link on this thread? I'll pm you my email address later though just in case! 

Aneeebel, good luck for your fitting today 🤞🏻💪 Be strong. I can't imagine what you must be going through, all I know is you are an incredible woman, as all you lovely October ladies are 😍🤗🎀

Off to work now for a couple of hours then it's holiday mode for me 😎

How's everyone's nails? I've now lost 2 toenails with a third on the way. I've bought some treatment from Live Better With which is supposed to help, not cheap at £20 but if it helps ... it's called Evaux Evonail. I'll let you know how I get on. My hair is growing loads, I can honestly say it's a full head now, and eyelashes and brows are well on the way 👵

Enjoy your Thursday, ladies.

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

It must feel like big delay before you start rads, Fiona, but it may be for the best anyway. I agree with Shi; we all move at our own pace! I was supposed to start chemo weeks before I ended up starting... it kept being delayed as my wound wouldn’t heal. My drain site wouldn’t stop leaking fluid! The oncologist refused to start chemo with an open (albeit tiny!) wound, so I was sent back to the surgeon for the drain site to be stitched up. It was only after the mini stitch-up that the wound became infected, with pus eventually bursting through my mastectomy wound 🤮 and requiring me to have more surgery to remove the implant and clear out as much of the infected area as possible. All the while, I was freaking out as I was told I needed to start chemo ASAP. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that some wounds take more time to heal. So starting rads a bit later might give your breast and underarm a chance to fully recover from the surgery. The silver lining for me is that the delay meant chemo didn’t start until October, so I got to “meet” you fabulous ladies on this thread!!! 💕💐😘

Yesterday was a busy day for me! I had a prosthesis fitting (thank you to Shi and Aneeebel for mentioning this - my BCN had forgotten about me but arranged a fitting quite quickly once I chased it up). Really pleased with it! 👍 I then had my 5th herceptin injection. I’ve had so many herceptin delays that I’m a long way behind you two, Aneeebel and Badboob. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well. Then the best part of my day, the head nurse in the oncology unit spoke with me about my CT scan results. So glad she squeezed me in, as I wasn’t due to see my oncologist until the 29th. Anyhow, the scan was clear. No sign of brain mets. Yay! Not that I thought it was very likely, but good to know definitively! 🤗💕 I’ve been told to get my eyes checked out, as chemo can cause vision issues and that might be what is giving me constant headaches. As an aside, the nurse mentioned that they were concerned as I am deemed to be at high risk of recurrence/mets!?! No one had said this to me before! Has anyone else been told that? I plan to ask my oncologist about it.

Shi, do you happen to remember if the research you found also considered the benefits of hormone treatment for HER2+, PR/ER- patients? Or was it just TN? If it does include all hormone-negative tumours I’d love to read a copy. I’m trying to walk a fine line between doing my own research (to ensure I’m doing everything I can to ensure I hang around for a long time), and not worrying myself unnecessarily by focusing on it... I’m yet to find a good balance! 🙈

I hope you’re having a fabulous holiday, Badboob. As Fiona said, congratulations on your wedding anniversary! 🥂 Fiona, I hope you have a wonderful trip away too. It looks like we’ll have some beautiful weather over Easter. Aneeebel and Shi, do you have Easter plans? I’m heading your way, Aneeebel, to spend Easter with the in laws. They are so excited about having Easter with our little 🐥 that they have planned an Easter egg hunt and all sorts of garden activities. She is allergic to chocolate, so it will be interesting to see how many chocolate-free eggs they have managed to source... I suspect there will be a lot! 😂 The Easter bunny (i.e. me) will only be bringing her one! 🐇 🐰

It it looks like it will be perfect weather for sitting at your lottie and doing some (very gentle) pottering around, Aneeebel. Did the physio give you more exercises to help with laying in position for radiotherapy?

Have a marvellous Easter long weekend, ladies!!! Xox 💕😘🌳🌷🐰🍫

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Fi, try not to get ☹️About being a bit behind look at it as your little bubble having chance to be all sorted before starting rads 👍 there was something the other day about the possibility of tamoxifen maybe being able to be used against tn, if you want to pm your email address to me i’ll Forward to you. I was a tn too. But didn’t get a bone tablet 🤔was it Sheffield that’s put you on that? And what is it called please so I can speak to onc next time I see them. Thanks 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Badboob, have a fabulous holiday - how romantic that you've gone back to your honeymoon holiday place.  Many congratulations to you both.

DD is improving - I'm still dressing it every day but it's just a bubble that falls out occasionally, a bit like a runny nose Woman Wink

I had Derby hospital phone me today, they'd had a cancellation for 23 April - no good though as we're away.  Typical!  Anyway, they called me back again and have pulled my appointment forward to 30 April.  It is just to meet the oncologist and discuss the options (? - surely my options are just radiotherapy or nothing?), then 2 - 4 weeks later I'll have the planning appointment then eventually the rads.  I'll be so far behind all of you but that's the price I'm paying for having an easier journey to Derby rather than struggling through to Sheffield each day.  I just hope it's all done before July and our holiday in Gran Canaria.

I managed to sort out my prescription issue today so that's one less thing to worry about.  Badboob, I fully appreciate your concerns about taking your Letrozole for the next 5 years.  I'm "fortunate" in that because I was triple negative I don't need these 5 year tablets - they'd be useless, but I do have the bone tablet and that's enough to deal with.  It's a constant reminder I suppose of what we've been through.

Well, ladies, I'll leave you to it.  Elliesmum, I hope you hear something soon and that everything is good. Hope your physio appointment went well Aneeebel.  Hoping you've all had a good day. 

Big hugs.

HeartFiona xxx

Morning lovely ladies from sunny Menorca! 🌞

Arrived late yesterday after a long day. We came to Menorca on our honeymoon many moons ago ❤️❤️ and as our wedding anniversary was yesterday, we decided to have a little break here to celebrate the end of the beginning, once we had been given the all clear to travel.

I am so pleased that everyone is moving forward if a little slowly, i still have my fingers crossed  Elliesmum, that they find the reason for your headache and it’s nothing to worry about. It sounds like DD is finally healing, Fiona,  what a marathon! Oh and the menopausal symptoms again. No wonder you are grumpy, I think we all would be. Go for a walk and have a good shout when no one can hear you. 🤬😱.it might make you feel a bit better. 😁.I am finding it a little strange to find myself in my new normal state but hopefully that will subside. I am trying not to scare myself about taking Letrozole for five years. I am desperate to get back to my active self and I really can’t be doing with too many side effects! 🥴 How are you finding them Aneeebel? 

I am so pleased you are back driving Aneeebel, gosh it’s hard to lose your independence, so its a good sign that you are getting there. Plus, we are all looking forward to our veg boxes from your Lottie! 😉.

Keep well everyone! Hugs 😘😘😘

Community Champion

Gosh Aneeebel, how time flies. If you're 6 weeks post op then I'm 5 😁 My armpit is still numb above the scar but not below. It's such a strange sensation. The scar itself is progressing nicely this week, at last and since DD has been behaving herself. 

I've been driving hubby's car as that's an automatic but hopefully back to my manual car after our hols next week. We're off to my parents in Scotland for a few days and will see our nieces then down to York for the rest of the week 😁 

Back into the meeting shortly, it's a real struggle to stay awake right now 😴

Have fun 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Fiona...I took one copy of the prescription my oncologist gave me for Letrozole into my health centre and they put it onto repeat for me (at my unit the pharmacy gives you 2 copies of the prescription) 

My lottie isn't huge but plenty big enough for us and the crops! It's actually only half of an allotment...the old fella next to us was finding it too difficult to work a full one so gave half of it up! We got the half that hadn't been worked for about 10 years!! 

It is easier now to do my exercises but my arm pit is still completely numb and skin painful...plus the 13 inch mx wound doesnt make it easy! 👙

Good news that you're doing well! 💪🏼🎀

Hopefully your day goes quickly!!

We have sunshine in Preston...it was quite dismal earlier but Mr Sunshine has got his hat on! 🌞

🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸

Community Champion

Morning Ladies, how are you all?

Where is the sunshine🌞? It's not come out yet and it's quite cold too. Although that doesn't seem to be much of an issue for me as I keep having hot flushes 😲 Perhaps it's the menopause striking again, which would explain my grumpy mood for the past 2 days 😠

ElliesMum, I'm pleased to hear your unit are on it and 🤞🏻 you have some good news. In the meantime you just need lots of 🤗 from little 🐥

Aneeebel, how big is your lottie? It sounds enormous with all the plants you've got growing 😁 I bet your granddaughter will be so chuffed when her peas start shooting 😁 Good luck with all your appointments 🤞🏻

Hope you're having a great time away Badboob,  and sar_ah I hope you're ok too .

As for DD, she's still ejecting fluid but it has slowed significantly fortunately and my exercises are almost a doddle now. The underarm issue with the nerve damage is slowly improving and this means I can almost stretch the arm without it hurting. How is yours doing Aneeebel?  

I'm waiting on a call back from the breast care secretary as we're away next week and the surgeon hasn't written to my gp about my repeat prescription and I'll run out while we're away. Nothing is ever straightforward is it? Why do we have to do all the running around? 😠 Oh well, I'll hopefully get it sorted today 🤞🏻

Well enjoy your day today ladies, I'll be stuck in a meeting all day learning about the new time management system we're having installed 😴

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Thanks Shi... you're very kind! 😘

My Grandaughter would love to be the next Charlie Dimmock...she's funny...can talk a glass eye to sleep! Wears me out! Ha! 👧🏼💖

Hope you manage to get your sparkly sandals on 👡...I'll be in my bovver boots no doubt! 👢😂

Hope everyone is well... 

How are you doing Fiona? Is your arm pit healing? Did you have a good w/e? 🎀

ElliesMum...hopefully your headache has improved! 🎀 How's your 🐥💖

Badboob..hope your having fun in the sun 🌞

Sar_ah...hope your well! 🎀

It's 6 weeks today since my op...it's gone so quick! I'm hoping the physiotherapist says I can do a bit more! 💪🏼

I drove the car yesterday....yippee!!! I'm back on the road...so much easier than waiting for my driver (hubby! 😂) to take me places!!! 🚗🚘🚗🚘🚗

Have a lovely day Girls x 🎀💖🌸

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Anneebel 😘😘your lovely posts always make me 😁you are lovely ❤️Elliesmum 👭for Friday, good to hear your trusts doing all they can to check things out properly for you, that’s a comfort. Anneebel, you’ve got a mini Charlie dimming on your hands there, a future Chelsea flower show winner of the future and she’ll say she learnt with her nan on her Lottie 👍😁and we will all know it’s your granddaughter 👍looking forward to this 🌞they’ve promised us over Easter ❤️ Want to get sparkly sandals on, even if my toe nails are still 💩 a bit from the chemo, nothing a bit of polish won’t cover up 👍Fi, hope you’ve got better idea of things from rads if you’ve touched base with them 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 💖

Lovely to know you had a fab weekend ElliesMum... 👭 And then added bonus of time to yourself! 

Your hospital were on the ball with your CT scan! Fingers crossed everything will be fine! 🤞🏻💖

Fiona...hope you and DD are doing well! 🎀

Badboob... have a brilliant holiday 🌞🌞

Sar_ah...how are you? 🎀

I've had my Herceptin injection this morning.. physio appt tomorrow and prosthesis fitting on Thursday! 

Ive been to the lottie...our Grandaughter planted some more peas so she was quite chuffed with herself! 🍎🍏🍐🍑

She was  very excited when she spotted the blue tits going in the box...she's convinced she heard the babies chirping but I'm not so sure! 🐦🐦🐦

Hope you're all doing well x 🎀👙😘💖🌞

Community Champion

I had a glorious weekend, thanks. With some beautiful weather on the way, hopefully we can all have a fabulous Easter long weekend! 🐣 🌳 ☀️ 

Excellent to hear that you all have a firmer idea about your radiotherapy dates. 👍 I hope you have an amazing holiday, Badboob. What an excellent idea!

Things have been arranged very efficiently at Warwick hospital; after seeing the oncologist on Friday, I had a call yesterday booking me in for a head CT this morning. All done now. 🤗 Still have a headache, but it is less severe than it was. Good to have it checked out, even though it’s highly unlikely to be anything nasty. Due to go in for herceptin tomorrow, then a breast prosthesis fitting in the afternoon. Lucky most of my research group are away this week, as I’ve not been into work as often as I had planned 🙈

Have a lovely Tuesday. Xox 💕😘

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 🌻🌷

Badboob...Fab news your schedule has arrived... 

I'm starting my rads on the 23rd April and should receive my schedule when I go to my first one! 

I'm sure your baby bunnies are thoroughly enjoying dining in your garden! 😂🐰

When do you go away? 🌝🌞☀️

Fiona...hopefully DD has been on her best behaviour! Did you have a lovely meal out with your family? 🎀

ElliesMum.. hope your w/e is going well with your friend! 👭 Has your headache improved? 🎀

Sar_ah...hope you're well 🎀

Have a lovely evening Girls x 🎀🌸💖

I am so pleased Fiona, that your appointment has arrived at last ! 🎉👍. It sounds like Sheffield is similar to Addenbrooke’s in as much as Cambridge is a centre for Radiotherapy and takes patients from several other hospitals, saves on equipment and staff, I suppose. I was surprised how big the department was. My letter arrived yesterday with my appointment scheduled and it makes clear which machine I will be in for which appointment as they all have their own waiting areas, so presumably they don’t want you getting lost wandering around the endless corridors 😂😂😂. I am starting on the 1st May, yippee! 😁😁. 

So the three of us will meet again on the radiotherapy thread! 😘😘. How lovely. 

Jealous of the talk of Peas and spinach, my baby bunnies are munching their way though anything that’s green! Little blighters, It’s about time Mrs Fox weaned those youngsters!  🐰🐰🐰 🦊🦊 and josh couldn’t we do with some rain! Everything is so dry here in the East and still freezing cold! It will be nice to have some warm sunshine, but my radio therapist gave me strict instructions not to come back with a tan! So I popped in to Marks and have brought some lovely long sleeved linen shirts! Rude not too....😉.

Have a lovely day everyone. Headaches and leaky boobs willing! 😘😘

Hugs

Community Champion

Good news that you've finally got your appointment Fiona...at least you know the show is on the road! 

I'm pleased DD is behaving... about time!! 😄 The peas will be delicious...last year when grew some we never even brought them home...we sat at the lottie and ate them....so scrummy!! 

Hope you're all well ladies...have a good day x 🎀💕

Community Champion

Good morning ladies

Aneeebel, yes the armpit feels better while there's no fluid building up inside. And DD is getting better, less fluid coming out each day. 👍🏻😁 And it feels better inside too. I can feel tightness when I do my exercises but it's getting there.

How are we all today? I hope you're all well.

ElliesMum, I'm glad your team are on it with your headache. 🤞🏻 it's nothing to worry about. 

I'm pleased to hear about your planning appt Badboob. In the meantime, I hope you have a great holiday, you've earned it 👍🏻😁

I've got my letter at last from Derby, so my appt is on 9 May. I was starting to feel very left behind ☹ I'm assuming this will be the planning appt but it may just be a meet and greet as it's a transfer from Sheffield. At least I feel I'm getting somewhere now. And hopefully DD will have healed and they'll let me do rads and I can then relax and enjoy life again 🤣

I've got some peas coming up Aneeebel 🌱 along with my lettuce and spinach. I must water them today. 

It feels like a good day today so I'm going to make the most of it 😁 Enjoy your weekend Ladies.

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Morning Ladies 🌻🌷🌼

Fab news your planning appointment went well Badboob...

How exciting going on your jollies! It's 9 weeks, and counting, until we go away! 🌞☀️🌞

Fiona..fingers crossed DD is on the mend! 🎀 I know it's not meant to be leaking but does it feel better that the fluid isn't building up in your arm pit! My 'bits and pieces' are still so tight, I can feel the pressure changing as the day goes on! 🙄👙

Shi...Your currant made me chuckle! 😂 I'm a bit put out that I only have 2 dots and you all have 3.... I'll have to have a word when I go back!!! 🎀💗

Hope you're all well, Have a lovely day everyone x 🎀💗🌸👙

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope all the tattoos gone well and no one ended up with a currant 😁I got 2 nice little dots each side the think the person doing middle one on my chest had a tattoo fart and I ended up with one the size of a currant, right in the blooming middle 🤣😂🤣😂🤣cheers for that luv (Fi hope you get different person doing you) 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Evening ladies,

So pleased you’ve had you radiotherapy planning Aneeebel, I found mine very straight forward. I did ask for a skull and crossbones tattoo, but she said she wasn’t very good at drawing! So three dots it is them. Interestingly, she did the middle one first on the basis it’s the worse so good to get it over with. I didn’t feel the other two ( must be the fat pads!) 😂😂😂.

Oh Elliesmum! Poor you with a headache for so long. I am very pleased that your doctor has decided to check it out quickly, hopefully it will be nothing to worry about, but still a pain! 😉 As for your  little one, well what a monkey! I hope she didn’t have any ill effects after the yogurt. 

and Fiona, still leaking! Poor you. But it sounds like it’s at last starting to dry up. Gosh i feel so lucky  to have escaped relatively unscathed with my op. My scar just looks really grubby where there is still glue. I have been told by my BCN not to pick it ( very tempting) so I just have to wait for it to fall off.

Well, we are all booked to go to Menorca for two weeks over Easter, can’t wait. And then back to Radiotherapy during May! Yippe🤪🎉💐💐💃💃🕺🕺.

Hugs

Community Champion

How lovely that your friend is visiting ElliesMum......I bet you cant wait! 👭👩‍❤️‍👩

I haven't had anything done to my eyebrows...I kept quite a few actually! They look better now than they did before chemo! 👁👁

We'll just pretend we're "in with the in crowd" with our tattoos....just have to hope nobody asks to look at them! Ha! 

Good news that your 🐥 is okay x 💗

And fab news that your unit is on the ball....CT scans aren't too bad and at least you'll have peace of mind! Hope you feel better soon 🎀💪🏼 x

🌸💗👙🎀

Community Champion

Great to read that you’ve had your radiotherapy planning appointment, Aneeebel. Your reaction to the tattoos made me laugh! 😂 After my rads planning appointment my sister remarked that I went from being very “conservative” (her nice way of saying “boring”!) in my appearance - wore very little make up, didn’t bother colouring/styling my hair - to being rather pleased with my three (tiny) tattoos and micro-bladed eyebrows. 🙈 If you forget to mention the underlying reason, it sounds like we’re all going through mid-life crises! 😬🤣

Sorry to hear about the continuing DD you’re having to deal with, Fiona. At least you are doing an excellent job of managing a crappy situation. I hope the dribbling eases into a trickle, and then ceases altogether!!! 🤞Your weekend plans sound excellent! 👌 

I hope you’re both continuing to heal after rads and surgery, Sarah and Badboob. Thinking of you both! 🌷

Little 🐥 is fine, thanks. She had an eczema flare up and a few yucky nappies but nothing serious. She was sad when I collected her from nursery, so we went to the park for a while on the way home. I wasn’t sure if I was giving mixed signals (rewarding her for taking another child’s food!), but it was fun to enjoy the sunshine and run around with her! 🤷‍♀️

Alas, my headaches are still hanging around. I was called by the unit and told to come in this morning to see one of the oncologists about it. He thinks it’s just a virus; apparently there is something going around at the moment and my immune system is still recovering. To be thorough, he booked me in for a head CT scan. I’m sure it will be fine, so no cause for concern. It is driving me bananas though! Never had a headache this persistent before and it’s really getting to me. 😔 Oh well. I’m sure it will go away soon!

One of my best friends (🐥’s godmother) is coming to visit us in Leamington this weekend. She was in Prague for work and, in true Australian style, figured that the U.K. was practically next door so is coming to say hi before she flies back to Sydney. It will be so lovely to see her! 💕🤗

I hope you all have fabulous weekends, filled with lots of rest! Xox 😘💐

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 🌸

I cant believe DD is still at it Fiona! What a nuisance!

I would never have the energy to go to work for 4 days...you're doing so well! I'd be asleep at my desk! 😴💤😴💤😴

Sounds like you're going to have a nice w/e...hopefully Mr Sunshine will be out!

I don't feel too bad apart from my 'bits and pieces'... 🤕🙄👙  Thanks for asking x 🌸🎀

How are you ElliesMum? Has your headache gone? Hope you're not too tired with working! 🎀

Badboob...how are you feeling? How was your appt? 🎀

Hope you're well Sar_ah 🎀

I received a letter from the hospital yesterday to go for my Planning Scan today!!! 

So, I've had a CT scan, been lined up on the machine and had 2 tattoos! The one in the centre of my chest bloody killed...I actually squealed Bloody Hell! Hahaaa! She said I do that one last because it usually hurts! I said I've been on about getting a tattoo for years, I don't think I want to bother now if it feels like that!!! 😂😂😂 She laughed!  (it's because it's on the bone apparently!) 

1st rads will be on 23rd April! 💪🏼🎀

Have a lovely evening... 🌸🎀💗👙 x

Community Champion

Morning Ladies, how are we all today?

ElliesMum, have you shifted that headache yet? And is 🐥ok after her yoghurt stealing activity 😉?

Badboob, how did it go yesterday? 🤞🏻 it all went well and you can start soon.

How are you Aneeebel? Gosh, you do sound like you're suffering with fatigue, you poor thing. I can't imagine it to be honest but big hugs coming your way 🤗🤗

Mind you, I'm not sleeping brilliantly because of the wounds and I've done 4 days at work this week, so hubby went to work about 7.30 this morning and I'd said I was going to just have a kip. Well, 10 o clock I actually woke up 🤣 and then the phone hasn't stopped ringing since 😲 

Sar_ah, how are you now that you've finished rads? Hopefully your skin is holding up well.

DD is still dribbling but it really is a little dribble now but needs covering all the time. I spoke to my bcn yesterday after a visit to my local practice nurse. They're happy that I'm managing it ok and from what I've described there's no infection etc so nothing to worry about. It will just take time. But while there's still an open wound it may delay rads, although I'm still waiting to hear about that anyway 😠

Any exciting plans for the weekend, ladies? I think we're just pottering all weekend and taking his kids (grown up) out for lunch on Sunday. So a nice easy weekend again 😁

Have a lovely day ladies 🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Fiona... I bought myself a bralette months ago from sainsburys -I nearly had to have it surgically removed when I tried it on shortly before my operation (I suppose I should have tried it on when I bought it!!) so I bought another one at the w/end in a bigger size and it's actually okay, the material has a bit more stretch in it too! I was glad to take it off though after a couple of hours as it was irritating my wound a bit by then! 👙

ElliesMum... Hopefully your 🐥 will be okay and you manage to get a good nights sleep!! 😴

I desperately need a good nights sleep to be honest! I'm pretty tired!! 😴

Badboob...let us know how you get on! 🎀

🎀💗👙

Community Champion

Thanks for thinking of me, ladies! 😘 Still feeling a bit crappy. Called the unit about my headache, as I was due to have herceptin today. They’ve delayed herceptin for a week and asked me to call back in a few days if I’m not feeling better so they can give me a “once over” in case something nasty is brewing. I’ve taken the day off work to rest so hopefully will feel much better in the morning.

Badboob, the radiotherapy planning appointment is very straightforward. Be prepared to be tattooed! I have three tiny tattoo dots, which they use to align you on the machine. I was also warned not to gain (or lose) weight between the planning appointment and treatment!?! Hope it all goes well for you.

Very impressed with your various bird boxes. Your peas sound super yummy too, Aneeebel!

Will send this now as I’ve just been summoned to collect 🐥 from nursery; she grabbed and started eating another child’s yoghurt before the staff could stop her (and she’s dairy intolerant)... It might be an interesting night! 🤦‍♀️😬🙈

Community Champion

Good luck for tomorrow Badboob,  hooe it all goes well. Let us know all about it 🤞🏻

💜Fiona xxx

Community Champion

Afternoon Ladies and a glorious one it is too 🌞

I wonder if your rads appt came through quickly Badboob because you didn't have an ANC? I'm still waiting to hear from Derby, I'll give them til Friday then try chasing them. 

How's your head ElliesMum? I do hope you're ok. Did you give your unit a call? 

I'm wearing a post surgery bra today for the first time in ages 😲 DD is still active but manageable. My skin is so sore though from the dressings. I've not been able to wear a bra because of the swelling I've had but that appears to be minimal (probably because the fluid's got an outlet 😕). It's strange what makes my day these days 😉

I'm still doing the exercises just not as often as I should because of DD.

Did you manage to get your bralette on easily Aneeebel? I've got a couple and find them difficult at the moment but maybe that's because I'm too fat for them 😠

I feel shattered today so finished work early. Is anybody else having trouble sleeping because of your wounds? It was terrible last night 😴 I might go and have 40 winks now before hubby comes home 😉

🤗🎀🤗🎀

💜Fiona xxx