330998posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2019 chemo starters

375 REPLIES 375

Re: October 2019 chemo starters

Goodness the FEC sounds really horrible. Not looking forward to that at all. Hang on in there folks. Just think that whatever hell its putting you through the bc is hating it even more!

wishing those of you suffering a speedy end to the torment. Until then here is a little more Luna to amuse you.

love

kath

xx064ABB78-3AEF-4041-AC58-263E4A96ABF4.jpeg

Oh CureDars that sounds rotten! Fingers crossed your infection passes soon. No fun to be in hospital? Shame you arnt in Gloucestershire or I would pop in and bore you with my own chemo woes 😆

Something to distract you... I was told in chemo that each bag is over 10k!!!!! We are so totally worth it!!! 😉😘🥰

Thanks for reply mini mad. I was also brewing a chest infection at the time and ended up on 2 lots of antibiotics. Chemo 2 was delayed as white cells were too high and the inertia continued. I had no 3rd good week! In 4 th week I had one great day and then that night temperature spiked the Christie recommendation. Admitted to hospital, put on IV antibiotics and been in 5 days now. So chemo delayed again!!! Today some good blood results so try again next Monday. Desperate to enjoy the 3rd week next time. Grateful for all the encouraging posts. Things can only get better😆

Curedars

Hi ladies, I haven't been on in a while as I was enjoying my third week feeling ok! 

Kathcurtis- thinking of you for Wednesday and your new puppy is gorgeous! 

Just had my second FEC with a dose reduction of 10% with cyclizine added in from the start and a higher dose of ondansetron so we'll see how it goes. By this point last time I'd felt faint and the bad nausea had started. Got some a lift  nausea, a fuzzy head, and just feel weird but I'm getting as much fluid in as possible and munching slowly on some Ritz crackers! Fingers crossed!

So kind of you, and yes it does sometimes feel like we have gone through the Looking Glass!

x

Morning Kath,

Will be thinking of you weds. Dont we now live in a funny old world where everything seems to spin without us whilst we poison, burn, chop and wait?!! The fact they can just take the loblule out is very hopeful. Really hope you are coping. 

Much love xxxx

Thank you Shi 🙏💕

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kathcurtis 👭❤️👭for Wednesday 😘😘 we are all 👭👭for you and that little woof woof you’ve added to your family is woofing you along too 🐾🐾💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi all

Good to hear some positives happening for people! 
I have op to remove the cancer from my lung on Wednesday. They hope to be able to remove the whole lobe via keyhole surgery. Got my fingers crossed as it would mean a speedy recovery and quicker return to chemo for the bc. 
Wishing you all a good week 

Love

kath

x

All positives should be shared and celebrated however small! I didn’t need any anti sickness medication today! Yay!

Had to pop in to hospital this morning to get some neck pain checked out. No ones worried, probably just neuralgia. But, the good news, is that my neutrophils are up to 5. They were only 1.8 before I started chemo so I'm very chuffed and can worry less about becoming severly neutrapenic again now. Well, I'm going to worry less, even if it's not correlative. 

Had to share my very small good result! Have to take it where we can right?!!

Hey Em, 

I had my 3rd, and last,  fec this week too. They halved my steroids this time so I'm more nauseous but sleeping more which is a massive boon!! I get hot face flushes too and found a cool a refresh face spray that gives momentary relief... 

15739814929488271708933160394391.jpg

Hello lovely ladies

How are we all doing? 

Had round three FEC yesterday.  Feeling wiped out but no sickness whoop whoop! 

The hot flushes are just ridiculous.  My wife went out and got me a chillow yesterday which was lovely to start with until it ended up like a hot water bottle!  I need a second one I think to swap around through the night!

Indigestion has started too. 

Other than that, just tired today.  Roll on tomorrow to see what other delights appear?! 

Take care everyone X💗X

Kath - Such a cute puppy and great distraction from all the rubbish!! Hope she’s settling well x

Thanks for your cheerful reply.

Hi all

so sorry to hear about infections and exhaustion curedars and cherry. Interesting about lung issues for you Cherry, very good to hear it’s just infection!

Here is a lovely Luna pic to brighten your day 

AC533AA4-81E8-4978-A95A-633881EA52BE.jpegLovely Luna today with her lead for the first time

Thanks. Oncologist suggested going to GP to see if I need more antibiotics. Just been and she was able to access Friday and Monday’s blood results online. This joined up care is amazing! Hope these do the trick. 

You’ll get there at the pace that is right for your body. We are all on a long journey back to good health here. Hopefully you’ll be good for the beginning of next week. 

• We need affection going through this business. Hope the puppy brings a lot of joy! My infection markers were up so couldn’t have Round 2yesterday. Try next Monday. Feel I’ve fallen at 1st hurdle! 

What a cute puppy. You’re going to have so much fun with them.
Haven’t been on for a few days so sorry for that. Had my second EC on Friday and much more lethargic than the first but forcing myself to get up and dressed and out and about to get the drugs moving around. Had a PICC line fitted which made the whole experience so much easier although the dressing changes and showering with a big plastic sleeve is a little problematic. 
I cold capped for the first 2 but hair is seriously on the way off so I’m off with a friend to a wig place tomorrow as no appt has come through from the hospital. I might go purple for the festive season. 
Ultrasound booked for 2 weeks time to see shrinkage. Oncologist confirmed it has shrunk by feel alone and then CT mid December to see what had happened to the nodules in my lungs. Not confirmed as cancer as too small but I’ll be happy if they’ve gone regardless of whether they were inflammation or cancer. 
it seems weird that there is already another thread with November starters. Does that make us all old timers now?

What a cutie Kath.  What have you called her? 

Amanda ♥️

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💕❤️💕❤️💕enjoy kathcurtis, what a lovely puppy 💕❤️💕❤️💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Yep, we have had a full helping of both experiences today 😝👍🥰Puppy love playing on repeat.

love Kath

x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Adorable kathcurtis, enjoy the walks and poop bags  but the licks and cuddles will make up for that 😁 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Sorry to hear about the chest infection cureDars.

going to try to attach photo of our new puppy who just came home to us today. Cheering all of us up !

114B4D61-06A9-46AC-8A57-CD74B2858A44.jpegSuch a lovely girl

I’m hearing that cyclizine are a great help to many people. Just when I started to feel better - Day9 I acquired a chest infection and this required antibiotics and steroids. Unfortunately there has been no lively 3rd week but am now enjoying food. Bloods taken yesterday and nurse warned me that the oncologist, who I will see on Monday, might decide to lower/delay Round 2. Sorry not been able to encourage anyone but hope that things will improve.

You look lovely.

What a wonderful holiday to keep you focused something positive over the next few weeks. Hope you have a brilliant time x

That looks fab, hope I can find one as realistic xx

Oh how fabulous! What a thing to look forward too 😊😊😊

My 3rd dec is next week too although I'm not holding out much hope that my bloods are ok. Ive decided if they delay I'm going to cornwall to get away. That feels pretty big so I'm in total awe of your NYC trip. 

I'm in bed today with a cold, but doing some work which feels like a treat!! 

And I went out for a thai with my sister last night and felt human!!

I dont get  mid-way appt. I have to wait to round 5 for mri and surgeon appt. Hurumph!!

Thank you all for your kind comments.  If ever there is a time to experiment with new hairstyles, it's when you have no hair 😂😂😂

Purpletrunks,

We're off to New York 😱  We booked after diagnosis but before it was decided chemo was needed. The plan was to end a **bleep**ty year and start 2020 somewhere special with the kids. I will however still be in chemo (hopefully 4th cycle a couple of weeks before we go) and No. 5 when I get back.  My side effects have been very minor so far so I'm hoping it will all be okay. Onc is happy for me to go with white blood cell booster jab beforehand and antibiotics to take with me 👍

Got mid treatment appt with Onc tomorrow then as long as bloods are good Round 3 on Monday.🤞🤞🤞

Hope you're doing ok 💋

Aj72, that's fantastic! So natural. 

Where are you going on holiday at xmas? 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karhcurtis 👭 so sorry to hear you have in your lung too, but pleased your team have picked it up quickly for you and are able to treat quickly 💪💪 everyones here to 👭❤️ You through 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aj72 👍👍you look fantastic well picked 👍👍 colour really suits you and looks very natural 👍 glad you are 😁with it 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

That’s so flattering! Looks great 👍 

Hi Leaw

I've got myself a wig for going 'out out' and a holiday over Christmas and New Year. Gone for something different to my usual colour and everyone loves it !!!  

IMG-20191031-WA0018.jpgNew hair

IMG_3706.JPGPre-chemo me !!!!

Hi Kath

Sorry to hear you have lung cancer but glad to hear both are curable.  We are here with you all the way!!!!

Amanda 💋

You got this Kath! I hope you're doing ok and that you can get started with everything really soon. 

Sending love x

You are all so kind and lovely, thank you, so good to be part of this group. And someone asked if it’s connected to the breast cancer - no it isn’t! I have two completely separate cancers within inches of each other! So weird. But it’s nit secondary to breast cancer and both are curable so i will get through this 😊. 
love to you all

Kath

xx

Hi Kath, so sorry to hear that you've got lung cancer, but so relieved for you that it's been caught very early and that it's curable xx

Sending you all the positive vibes kath. I think this is an amazing group of people. So so supportive of you all to be here for each other xxxxx we got this 

Oh Kath!! Thank goodness they caught it early. Totally rubbish its cancer, but after your dark days it must feel good that its curable. 

Is it secondary breast cancer? Or completely different cancer ?

At least you can get on getting on now. I feel relief for you, I hope you can at least get some peaceful sleep tonight ❤❤

Kath, 

I am sorry to hear about the lung cancer but so relieved it is curable! I am happy for you, and also on the fact your breast lump has shrunk so much! We always worry the worst outcomes of situations and it can take you to a bad place.. I am glad you finally know what you’re dealing with and wish you all the best for your forthcoming treatment x 

Oh Kath... 

How terrifying and positive at the same time?!?! This really is a rollercoaster!! 

I love that you are super positive and I'm so pleased it's been found early! 

It's definitely a good thing to be positive.  Like the saying "smile and the world smiles with you".  I find this with positivity too.  

Keep it going lovely.  The rest of us riding this crazy train are sat beside you! 

Sending love and positivity your way xx❤️xx

Hi all

good to hear everyone’s updates. It sounds like you are all doing super well, especially the boxers amongst us, amazing 😊👌

So got my results today. I have lung cancer as well as breast cancer 😮. Starting a collection! Actually we have caught it super early (stage 1), so will be curable with an op in next couple of weeks! And as breast lump as shrunk so much they may also operate on that and then restart chemo. What a rollercoaster. And i never smoked 😝. But it seems breast cancer has saved my life from lung cancer! Weird.  Thank you all for your kind messages. I had some very dark days waiting for the biopsy results but i am now feeling so optimistic 😊

love 

Kath

x

Seasalt handybands have been recommended to me for softness and versatility. Bit like a buff...

I cant post link as it registers as spam

Emzlew I want one for being out and about really, I’ve bought lots of hats and scarfs in preparation. I’m going to “glamorous butterfly” in Cumbria for a wig fitting etc, so I’ll see how it goes on Tuesday. Glad your second round went smoother, I have my second round next Friday 15th, had my sickness meds adjusted so hopefully that will help 😬. I’m off for a marker fitted to my lump this afternoon x

Hi Leaw

I bought a wig for any bad "no hair" days I might have 🤣  I haven't worn it yet and I'm wearing beanies less and less when I'm and about too. If people don't like it then they don't have to look! It's not our fault 😒

My kids love stroking my head 🤣

It's very strange that all my dark hair has gone and I'm left with an even, all over, almost transparent fuzz?! 🥚👨🏻‍🦲

Have felt better this time around.  No sickness, just super tired for the first week.  Went back to my boxfit group on Monday and managed a good 40 mins of exercise.  It felt great!!  

Round three next week.  Bring it on, let's do this! 👍💪🥊

Thinking of you today Kath and sending lots of love, luck and strength your way xx❤️xx

Thinking of you Kath xx❤️xx

Hi all, Hair got shaved last week. It was actually ok in the end cos it got so painful where it was falling out!! I have a wig but I absolutely hate it. I tried wearing it out on head shave day but it was itchy and annoying. I keep pulling it down and trying to flatten it out because it's massive to me. So I have gone down the route of beanies and scarves too. So much easier, prettier and warmer!! My little one doesn't seem too fussed but isn't keen on cuddles at night unless I wear my silky bed hat to stop the spiky hair getting him! (I didn't shave down to the scalp, just took most of the hair off!) Good luck today Kath, thinking of you!! Claire

Thinking of you Kath x