cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2019 chemo starters

Re: October 2019 chemo starters

Great to hear your positive Leaw ❤❤

Yes it is a relief, feels like the first bit of good news in the last 6 weeks. I’ll keep in touch with how the picc line goes tomorrow.

hope-everyone else is doing well today 💪🏻

Leaw 

Good luck for tomorrow and Friday.  Let us know how you get on.

Amanda 👩‍🦲❤

Leaw, must be a relief about the MRI results and that lymph nodes are clear. You can now focus on starting treatment 🥊 🥊! Good luck for Friday x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Deana please mention to your team before chemo about nose etc, let them make the call they are the experts ❤️💕💕✨✨shi xx

That’s great Claire, glad your side effects are a bit more settled this time.

my nurse called earlier with my mri results, no additional concerns from the mri, just the one lump we knew about, which has now grown a few more millimetres (which I knew as I could feel it was a little bigger) it’s now just over 2cm. So pleased it hasn’t spread and lymph nodes are ok! Picc line on Thursday then chemo session 1 on Friday x

My round 2 yesterday went better too. No nausea or sickness like last time and just tired today. 

Fingers crossed we are all settling in and getting the better of this. I'm even contemplating going in to work on my week off of treatment to keep some normality. Just a few hours a day maybe. 

Starting to shed body hair now though so a tough few days coming up for me. I hope the boy isn't too scared of bald mummy :-( 

Night all x

Had problems with the account and have re registered. A bit concerned as I’m got a blocked nose and sound like I’m full of a cold but feel absolutely fine and no temperature, hopefully won’t get turned away. Just want to get going so fingers crossed x

Deana

So Round 2 of FEC yesterday. Steroid insomnia last night but otherwise so far so good just a bit queasy but taking extra anti sickness meds which are helping. Waiting now for steroid munchies to kick in 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Amanda ❤

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kath ❤️❤️ We’ve got hold of you 👭👭👭 this Oct thread is 🥊🥊🥊💪💪🥊🥊💕💕💕 everyone is pulling here kath, you keep hold tight too ❤️ Please let us know when you get chance ❤️❤️We all care 😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Welcome Redfos and hope tomorrow goes well. The anxious wait is the worst but once number one is over it's just getting the best out of your day. 

Always here with an ear x

Thinking of you Kath. Sending a virtual hug 🤗

Amanda 👩‍🦲

Thinking of you Kath xx❤️xx

Kath,

Just a thought but when I was being tested for Mets, the nurse told me they have a very low threshold for brain scan. I.e. they dont have to think it's in the brain to scan, they just do so at the slightest change. Im sure it will be the same with lung. Hopefully that might give u a whisper of comfort. Thinking of you, we all have you held really tightly while you wait 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Hi Redfos,

You are very welcome here xxxx I'm dashing to onc appt but wanted to say hi

❤❤❤

Everything crossed for you Kath. You must be feeling very concerned but hopefully it’s nothing they can’t help you beat. 

Thank you for your kindness 

kath

x

Good luck Kath, we will be thinking of you x

Hello everyone, 

I’m due to start my chemotherapy tomorrow and have been told by a friend how important this forum was in getting them through their treatment a couple of years ago.

I found my lump in August and didn’t anticipate it being anything other than a cyst- as did my GP so was knocked sideways when it became apparent that this wasn’t the case.

Had my lumpectomy 6 weeks ago and am due to have 12 weekly sessions  of chemotherapy followed by a further three cycles of a different drug on a three weekly basis, radiotherapy will follow. Not looking forward to tomorrow but just want to get started now as this seems to have been going on forever.

I’m married to a wonderful man who has been amazing, I don’t know where I’d have been without him and have two boys, 20 & 23 who have continued to make me laugh over the last few, at times rough, weeks.

Went back to work for three weeks after the lumpectomy as it wasn’t doing me any good being at home on my own and finished again yesterday so have a list of things I need to do/ buy today in preparation for tomorrow. Keeping busy will hopefully keep my mind off what’s to come which, fingers crossed, won’t be as bad as anticipated.

xx

@Mai7 wrote:
Hi
👋 

This thread is for anyone due to start chemotherapy in October 2019.  I’m sure others will be here soon but please introduce yourself and you can all help one another through this phase of your treatment.  If you have any questions please post away on here and others in the community will watch over you whilst you are getting started.  Once you are into it you'll be pretty good at helping each other.  You can also ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day.

Here is the BCC guide on chemo:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment...

I finished my chemo over a year ago and doing very well again now.  Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum: http://lifeafterlola.com/

Best wishes xx

Oh Kath, you must be very scared. Much love ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hi all

i am having a scary time again. My “chest infection “ hasn’t shifted at all on the most recent scan so now they wonder if it is lung cancer. I am without words. Loads of tests to go through (PET scan, biopsy, brain scan being the most daunting). So i might be missing for a week while we establish what’s going on. 
take care all

kath

x

Thanks everyone. So nice to have this group to consult with. We will all beat this together!

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cherryp 👭 if you feel strange please phone your rapid response, best to get everything checked with you being diabetic too, keep safe 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Well done Claire 2 down now! 
rest up xx

Round 2 done!! 

I get sleepy almost straight away with one of the anti sickness drugs. 

I then have brain fuzz for about 5 days. Like I can't always find my right words and forget what I'm doing. 

Off for a quick nap before the boy comes home. Hope everyone else is ok x

Hi Cheryl. I felt fuzzy headed day 3, and I got worse to the point I couldn't really lift my phone. No way I could have driven. But I just gave into it and it was ok. Xxxx

Hi Cheryl

The weekly Chemo has a weird effect on thinking and tiredness for me. It’s like you are tired and wired at the sounds time. It’s such early days for me yet and it sounds like the same for you. I guess we will have to keep adjusting to how it impacts us. On the upside I feel pleased that the drugs are killing those damn cancer cells! 
kath

x

Hope everyone is doing well. I’m certainly trying to look on the bright side and read the positives into everything I find. Occasionally a bit of poor me creeps in but I’m not going to give myself a hard time about that. 

Had my first EC on Friday and anti sickness and steroids have done the trick so far but does anyone else feel extremely fuzzy headed ? Feel like I’m doing everything on half speed. I don’t think I should drive like this. Temperature is OK and as a type 1 diabetic I’m on double dose insulin to deal with the steroids making me insulin resistant which might not be helping. Just wondered if anyone else felt this way?

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Claire l, the book gave me hope after a tn diagnosis back in June 17, also survivors of tn like Patricia herself, Shannon Doherty, robin Roberts and Joan lunden. Everyone navigates the whole journey their own way in their own time and by doing what ever it is they need to do, there are no right or wrong ways to navigate through. I 💩 myself when I was told I had tnbc and just grabbed hold of everything positive I could get my hands on, but that was just how I navigated through and with a lot of ❤️👭❤️From beautiful kind people on here, some no longer with us and a lot who still are 😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Good luck to everyone having chemo tomorrow and this week. Xx 

Thought I’d update as I posted about my mum having her first chemo on Wednesday. she is feeling okay so far. She had her injection for wbc tonight first time so will report back on this!

She has said her scalp has started to hurt (sort of like when your hair pulls after it’s been up all day in a ponytail), painful jaw and general aching (she also suffers from lymphedema in arm & neck so a lot due to this) 

MRI on liver Thursday (CT showed small area they need to look at, unsure at this stage) x

As a warning, I stopped reading that book very quickly because some of the statements made me feel quite rubbish about everything and questioning some things. It may have gotten better so may be worth it but thought I would warn you. 

Thanks very much ladies for the warm welcome. SHI - I’ve just ordered the book you recommended, thanks. Yes we sound very similar Claire, I’m going to give it my all, and remain positive whenever possible. I hope the rest of the week goes well for all you ladies who are already smashing your way through your chemo ❤️❤️❤️🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Thanks Kath x

Good luck for tomorrow Claire. Soon be another one done and closer to the end 😊👍

kath

x

Hi Grassy

i have weekly Paclitaxel plus 3 weekly Carboplatin for triple negative bc on Fridays. Just had second dose of first round. Paclitaxel alone seems to give less side effects than the two together. 
kath

x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Leanne a good book that helped me when diagnosed tn in June 17 was surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia prijatel. I was 45. Glad you’ve jumped on thread 👭👭 plenty of tips and everything as you’ve probably read already and the red one will make your wee pink for a bit after, just keep plenty of fluids flowing through you during chemo, ring your rapid response for anything, the main thing is to get through chemo safely, get your kylie gold hot pants on like us oct17 chemo thread did and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻🕺 your way through 😘get your look good feel better booked through your local Macmillan 👍 free makeup and tips on how to do your makeup 😁 👭we are all here ❤️💕💕✨✨shi xx

That sounds familiar. I was diagnosed in July and had my lumpectomy in September. Margins and lymph nodes clear but tumour was twice the size they expected. Stage 1, grade 3. 

Just trying to keep the bugger away now. 

Youve got this though, and any day you haven't, we are here. Except tomorrow when I plan to go to bed as soon as I am home to avoid nausea and sickness!!

Good luck to everyone else for tomorrow and this week xx

Thanks Amanda, I’m so ready to start chemo on Friday and begin the journey of kicking cancers ass 🙌🏻🙌🏻 I’m 38 married with 1 son who’s 10 and I live in the Lake District x

Hi Claire, mine is FEC-T. 6 sessions 21 days apart ( 3 x fec & 3x T) followed by lumpectomy upto press. I’m going for clip/marker fitted this week, then picc line on Thursday as I have rubbish/invisible veins 😂🙈 dr assessed my cancer as stage 1, grade 3. Biopsy from my armpit we’re cancer free. Lump was around 15mm, although I feel it’s grown ( dr said it would as it’s aggressive grade 3). I found the lump on 17th September so I feel like it’s been a whirlwind xx

Another FEC-T here!  2nd round on Friday all being well.. 

Shaving my hair tonight. 

Hope all goes well for you everyone this week! Sending lots of love 

Emma xx

Good luck for tomorrow Claire!!!

I’m second round of FEC tomorrow all being well 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Let me know now how you get on. 

Amanda 

👩🏻‍🦲💋

Hi Leanne and Grassy!! 

I'm er+, her2+ and on FEC-T every 3 weeks.

Dose 2 on weds.

Lou xx

Welcome Aboard the October boat Leanne !!!  Grab an oar !!!

Are you having treatment before or after surgery ? 

There are a couple of triple negative ladies on here who should be able to help you with any questions or concerns. 

Be assured tho that the treatment itself isn’t so bad, we just have to manage the side effects. No matter how big or small your worries are please contact your unit. 

I’m all set for my second round of FEC at 12 noon tomorrow as long as my bloods are okay. I’ve got everything crossed 🤞🏻 

I’ll come back on after treatment to let you know how it goes. 

Take care and try not to worry, you’ve this and we’ve got you !!! 👊🏻💪🏻

Amanda 👩🏻‍🦲💋❤️

Hiya,

I'll be starting biweekly paclitaxel after my EC. Three more EC'S to go before I start. 

How are you finding it?

X

Hi there, is there anyone else on weekly Paclitaxel? I started on 8th October and am just coming up to my third dose.

Hi Leanne,

Welcome!!

That is my diagnosis too. What's your treatment plan? 

I am on my second dose of EC tomorrow. 

Claire x

Hi I’m new, I start chemo next Friday 25th October. Triple negative breast cancer.

leanne x

Thank you Shi, that’s very helpful! I don’t think you can ever be over cautious with this stuff! It’s a good tip about tracking your temp too 💕 x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jasmine you take your temperature as you like. Because I had a graph chart with each week of my cycle day by day, I tracked mine through the day and night, it was just what I found to be useful, I put on the graph when I’d taken tablets and done injection too, chemo brain fuzz can get you a bit confused. Don’t forget though not having a Temperature doesn’t mean nothing is going on, if you don’t feel right but no temp phone rapid response, if pee burns and no temp phone rapid response (I had 6 days casa nhs after first round, burning pee no temp, luckily I rang the rapid response because I was nadir and neutropenia) also any thrush, mouth or otherwise it’ll need antibiotics not over the counter cream. Thrush mouth is common during chemo ensure you get fluconzole 👍 hope this helps 💕💕✨✨shi xx